Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

If you develop it

That should keep THE fucker locked down for a while

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *avinatvwirralTV/TS  over a year ago

wirral

If you break the law now is it "doing a Cummings" and if your a lying tosser is it " doing a Boris "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you develop it

That should keep THE fucker locked down for a while"

Theres a forum timeout coming.

By *69meMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"If you develop it

"If you develop it

Theres a forum timeout coming. "

Why, is dominic here?

Every one is pretty hard on Cummings but most people have broke the lockdown.

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

"Every one is pretty hard on Cummings but most people have broke the lockdown."

But only one person wrote the rules ..... !

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here? "

No the swear word will do it

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Lol good thinking

"Every one is pretty hard on Cummings but most people have broke the lockdown.

But only one person wrote the rules ..... !"

True...but who cares really, I mean he broke the rules that's done now he can't change that, by the sounds of it he didn't infect any one else so no real harm done just his pride and his opinion and word won't really have the impact it used too and his future work will be impacted he has to deal with that but people just going on and on about it won't really change any thing he made a mistake that's it.

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

No the swear word will do it "

Posters swear all the time. Just don't insult fab members, whereas those in the news are fair game.

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

Posters swear all the time. Just don't insult fab members, whereas those in the news are fair game. "

I'm feeling insulted and that the swear word was aimed at me.

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

Posters swear all the time. Just don't insult fab members, whereas those in the news are fair game. I'm feeling insulted and that the swear word was aimed at me."

So dominic is here

True...but who cares really, I mean he broke the rules that's done now he can't change that, by the sounds of it he didn't infect any one else so no real harm done just his pride and his opinion and word won't really have the impact it used too and his future work will be impacted he has to deal with that but people just going on and on about it won't really change any thing he made a mistake that's it. "

Loads of people are breaking the rules, even in little ways.

I think if it was a woman receiving threats of violence from trolls and media, and she wanted to take her young kid somewhere safe in case she got seriously ill from covid and couldn't protect him/her, the reaction may have been different.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

No the swear word will do it "

Swearing is not against rules unless it is aimed at another member

Forum Mod

O o O oo

True...but who cares really, I mean he broke the rules that's done now he can't change that, by the sounds of it he didn't infect any one else so no real harm done just his pride and his opinion and word won't really have the impact it used too and his future work will be impacted he has to deal with that but people just going on and on about it won't really change any thing he made a mistake that's it. "

It seems to have changed things as to keep an advisor the Government have tried to deflect the saga by bringing in lock down measures like a dangling carrot to the public that go against the Scientists advice right at this time

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"If you break the law now is it "doing a Cummings" and if your a lying tosser is it " doing a Boris ""

What Tahir Ali did risked infecting many times more people

Forum Mod

O o O oo

True...but who cares really, I mean he broke the rules that's done now he can't change that, by the sounds of it he didn't infect any one else so no real harm done just his pride and his opinion and word won't really have the impact it used too and his future work will be impacted he has to deal with that but people just going on and on about it won't really change any thing he made a mistake that's it.

Loads of people are breaking the rules, even in little ways.

I think if it was a woman receiving threats of violence from trolls and media, and she wanted to take her young kid somewhere safe in case she got seriously ill from covid and couldn't protect him/her, the reaction may have been different. "

There was no evidence of that at all. I think if this was going on he wouldn't have ran home to his wife when she said she was ill, then went back to work in the afternoon as it wouldn't have been safe at that point either

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

But only one person wrote the rules ..... !"

Police investigated the whole sorry affair. Only the crazy eye test trip was outside the rules.

Yes he was involved in writing the rules so makes his actions hypocritical but that's not an offence in law.

Everyone should be treated equally regardless of their job.

I thought he would have resigned to avoid all this and returned at a later date

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It seems to have changed things as to keep an advisor the Government have tried to deflect the saga by bringing in lock down measures like a dangling carrot to the public that go against the Scientists advice right at this time

"

This..

And when the inevitable spike occurs they will simply say not our fault..

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

"

Everyone should treated equally *in the eyes of the law* regardless of their job.

In terms of public opinion and trustworthiness, government should be held to a higher standard than Bob from down the road.

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

Swearing is not against rules unless it is aimed at another member "

I got a timeout last Saturday for using that exact same word.

When me and another 2 guys were having a bit banter.

I messaged both of them the next morning and they both agreed it was very harsh.

But hey ho .

Double standards.

While theres an element of truth in this, breaking the lockdown is much like speeding there are varying degrees of which some will see people get sympathy and others contempt. Where do you think Cummings sits on that scale?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It was against the rules when he went in to work after Boris told him he and Hancock tested positive. It was against the rules to go into work after he spent time with his wife who had symptoms. How do we know he didn't infect anyone at work? Was it wise to pick his wife and child up from hospital when he was so ill "he could barely stand up". He broke the rules driving to Barnard Castle.

birmingham

This..

And when the inevitable spike occurs they will simply say not our fault.. "

We can't stay locked down indefinitely or there will be nothing left to unlock

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

I messaged both of them the next morning and they both agreed it was very harsh.

But hey ho .

Double standards.

"

You didn't, you abused a man while you were "bantering" with another user . Abusing a person is not allowed even if you and another person think it is funny.

You are breaking rules again by disputing that ban on the forum, to dispute a ban use the contact button at the bottom of the page or you could end up banned again

birmingham

While theres an element of truth in this, breaking the lockdown is much like speeding there are varying degrees of which some will see people get sympathy and others contempt. Where do you think Cummings sits on that scale?"

31 in a 30

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

But hey ho .

Double standards.

You didn't, you abused a man while you were "bantering" with another user . Abusing a person is not allowed even if you and another person think it is funny.

You are breaking rules again by disputing that ban on the forum, to dispute a ban use the contact button at the bottom of the page or you could end up banned again"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This..

We can't stay locked down indefinitely or there will be nothing left to unlock "

We can't no. We have to get to some sort of normality. However, if from the start it has been said that the science is being followed, I wonder why they have stopped following it now

Sale

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 12:50:58]

He certainly shouldn’t have to put up with idiots shouting at him when entering or leaving him home . It’s happened it’s over move on

Sale

"He certainly shouldn’t have to put up with idiots shouting at him when entering or leaving him home . It’s happened it’s over move on "

No, move on happens after his sacking. Until then keep raising it up the flagpole and make as much noise as possible.

His ^

"He certainly shouldn’t have to put up with idiots shouting at him when entering or leaving him home . It’s happened it’s over move on "

I remember that happening regularly to Jeremy Corbyn when leaving his house...you probably didn't mind then eh...

Sale

Let me just clarify your position:

1. You have no problem when the architect of national guidance for lockdown decides to ignore and contravene the guidance?

2. You appear unconcerned of whether two unnecessary journeys may (or may not) have infected unconnected individuals?

3. You suggest his future employment opportunities and his general credibility will be dented sufficient punitively, when in reality his current boss the pm has backed his actions to the hilt?

4. His actions can be dismissed as a mistake?

Heavens talk about rolling over and surrendering your belly to every hard-pressed person who has tried to accept the reality of lockdown and do the right thing .....

"He certainly shouldn’t have to put up with idiots shouting at him when entering or leaving him home . It’s happened it’s over move on

I remember that happening regularly to Jeremy Corbyn when leaving his house...you probably didn't mind then eh..."

It’s applies to anyone whether labour MP’s , it’s their home & shouldn’t have to put up that kind of behaviour, time & a place

milton keynes

"

Everyone should treated equally *in the eyes of the law* regardless of their job.

In terms of public opinion and trustworthiness, government should be held to a higher standard than Bob from down the road. "

Bob down the road and Cummings should be equal in the eyes of the law and the same for punishment. The police said the only trip outside the rules was the castle trip everything else including the original travel to Durham WAS within the rules.

Public opinion is not the law it's opinion. This is why I thought he would have resigned.

"

In terms of public opinion and trustworthiness, government should be held to a higher standard than Bob from down the road.

Bob down the road and Cummings should be equal in the eyes of the law and the same for punishment. The police said the only trip outside the rules was the castle trip everything else including the original travel to Durham WAS within the rules.

Public opinion is not the law it's opinion. This is why I thought he would have resigned. "

I just cant understand why durham police didn't do him for driving when he thought he might be visually impaired.

The fact he owned up to doing that means he could have been collared for that alone.

And it would have had a higher penalty.

It hosted seemed it was overlooked by the police as it did not get a mention in thier statement.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"He certainly shouldn’t have to put up with idiots shouting at him when entering or leaving him home . It’s happened it’s over move on

No, move on happens after his sacking. Until then keep raising it up the flagpole and make as much noise as possible."

You dont really need to as the press will continue to exactly that as he refuses to pander to their needs.personally i have much more going on in my life to worry about 1 person taking his wife and kid to a safe place to isolate.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 13:06:03]

Sale

No, move on happens after his sacking. Until then keep raising it up the flagpole and make as much noise as possible.You dont really need to as the press will continue to exactly that as he refuses to pander to their needs.personally i have much more going on in my life to worry about 1 person taking his wife and kid to a safe place to isolate."

It all depends which moral bubble you want to be in ....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

We can't stay locked down indefinitely or there will be nothing left to unlock "

True, however we could have had in place the test and trace earlier or waited another fortnight perhaps till it is..

We are not prepared enough but that's been common throughout..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We don't know what he actually did, only what he has told us, which may differ. Neither do we know if anyone got infected as a result of his behaviour. We were instructed, following this guys attendance at the expert's meetings, to stay at home, including especially over Easter when thousands wanted to travel but this man did not.

He had no emergency when he travelled, he was well. If millions of people took matters in to their own hands, just in case they may have an emergency, the exponential growth in the infection rate, which was doubling the total number of people infected every 2 or 3 days, we would have had a truly world no 1 catastrophic death toll.

Single parents stayed at home. People with family dieing stayed at home. He decided to get out of London, apparently more than once. He is on our payroll and a public servant.

I'm certain that people have changed their behaviour in my area since this came out 1 week ago. It's disgraceful that he has not had the decency to go but that is presumably why he also did whatever he fancied.

near ipswich

"We don't know what he actually did, only what he has told us, which may differ. Neither do we know if anyone got infected as a result of his behaviour. We were instructed, following this guys attendance at the expert's meetings, to stay at home, including especially over Easter when thousands wanted to travel but this man did not.

He had no emergency when he travelled, he was well. If millions of people took matters in to their own hands, just in case they may have an emergency, the exponential growth in the infection rate, which was doubling the total number of people infected every 2 or 3 days, we would have had a truly world no 1 catastrophic death toll.

Single parents stayed at home. People with family dieing stayed at home. He decided to get out of London, apparently more than once. He is on our payroll and a public servant.

I'm certain that people have changed their behaviour in my area since this came out 1 week ago. It's disgraceful that he has not had the decency to go but that is presumably why he also did whatever he fancied. "

Just shows you how bloody stupid some are then if they are prepared to put thier lives at risk because someone took his wife and kid to a safe place to isolate.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"If you develop it

So you are happy to lie and even boast about it, yet no doubt criticise politicians for bending the truth or lying .

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

Posters swear all the time. Just don't insult fab members, whereas those in the news are fair game. I'm feeling insulted and that the swear word was aimed at me."

Why? Unless you are Dominic Cummings?

Think people have to much time on their hands

"If you develop it

Why, is dominic here?

Posters swear all the time. Just don't insult fab members, whereas those in the news are fair game. I'm feeling insulted and that the swear word was aimed at me.

Why? Unless you are Dominic Cummings?"

Shes buggered off...I liked her too

milton keynes

"

Public opinion is not the law it's opinion. This is why I thought he would have resigned.

I just cant understand why durham police didn't do him for driving when he thought he might be visually impaired.

The fact he owned up to doing that means he could have been collared for that alone.

And it would have had a higher penalty.

It hosted seemed it was overlooked by the police as it did not get a mention in thier statement."

I agree and have said so on another thread. As he basically admitted he had done this it seemed an easy collar. Would still be a fine and possibly points on his licence. Again he should be treated the same as if you or I had done it.

milton keynes

"We don't know what he actually did, only what he has told us, which may differ. Neither do we know if anyone got infected as a result of his behaviour. We were instructed, following this guys attendance at the expert's meetings, to stay at home, including especially over Easter when thousands wanted to travel but this man did not.

I'm certain that people have changed their behaviour in my area since this came out 1 week ago. It's disgraceful that he has not had the decency to go but that is presumably why he also did whatever he fancied. "

The police have investigated and concluded that the main trip was ok and within the rules. The castle trip was the only one not within the rules. As they stayed in a separate building I don't see how the risk of infecting others was any greater than in london

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Again he should be treated the same as if you or I had done it. "

I disagree, he has a prominent civil service position and is expected to maintain high standards.

Police officers, doctors, magistrates, teachers are routinely fired for digressions 'normal' people aren't.

"

Again he should be treated the same as if you or I had done it.

I disagree, he has a prominent civil service position and is expected to maintain high standards.

Police officers, doctors, magistrates, teachers are routinely fired for digressions 'normal' people aren't."

Good point

Sale

I'm certain that people have changed their behaviour in my area since this came out 1 week ago. It's disgraceful that he has not had the decency to go but that is presumably why he also did whatever he fancied.

The police have investigated and concluded that the main trip was ok and within the rules. The castle trip was the only one not within the rules. As they stayed in a separate building I don't see how the risk of infecting others was any greater than in london"

So via your summation you also lend your support to the population of England doing what it wishes?

milton keynes

"

Police officers, doctors, magistrates, teachers are routinely fired for digressions 'normal' people aren't."

As I said I think he should have resigned however the law does not have a hypocritical element so unless people really do want different rules for different people he has to be treated equally

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"

I don't think he's a civil servant, I think officially he's a SPAD, I don't think he's even a member of the Tory party.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

That's true, he isn't a civil servant and for one I'm getting a bit bored of it all now, yesterday's news, he broke the rules, so what, I break rules all the time, don't really care if he broke them or not.

Take care everyone, especially since lockdown is being lifted.

[Removed by poster at 30/05/20 19:12:47]

"That's true, he isn't a civil servant and for one I'm getting a bit bored of it all now, yesterday's news, he broke the rules, so what, I break rules all the time, don't really care if he broke them or not.

Take care everyone, especially since lockdown is being lifted. "

No what? I couldn't give a fuck if you break the rules...but when some twat seems to be fully in charge of this country. I fucking do care and he should have been done for doing so.

Have a nice evening

merseyside

"That's true, he isn't a civil servant and for one I'm getting a bit bored of it all now, yesterday's news, he broke the rules, so what, I break rules all the time, don't really care if he broke them or not.

No what? I couldn't give a fuck if you break the rules...but when some twat seems to be fully in charge of this country. I fucking do care and he should have been done for doing so.

Have a nice evening "

Thanks, you too.

merseyside

Have a nice evening

Thanks, you too. "

Just to clarify, you say 'I couldn't give a fuck if you break the rules' I haven't broken the rules, indeed stuck to them as much as possible but found in supermarkets etc quite difficult but do my best.

"If you develop it

Theres a forum timeout coming. "

I had a time out yesterday for posting this so here comes another lol

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

Yes I admit I broke the lockdown rules cause it was impossible for me to adhere to the 2 metre social distancing in the supermarket the other day, really load of nonsense

By *eamteamCouple  over a year ago

Toen

Glad this storm has died down now. Vast majority of people who had their self righteous knickers in a twist a) didn’t vote conservative b) was not for the UK leaving the EU. Borris stood by his employee, loyalty is a good character trait.

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

the term "Honour amongst thieves" comes to mind

milton keynes

Yes I admit I broke the lockdown rules cause it was impossible for me to adhere to the 2 metre social distancing in the supermarket the other day, really load of nonsense "

Damm it looks like you will have to be sacked too lol

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"Glad this storm has died down now. Vast majority of people who had their self righteous knickers in a twist a) didn’t vote conservative b) was not for the UK leaving the EU. Borris stood by his employee, loyalty is a good character trait. "

It hasn’t died down. The majority of people in this country want him gone for what he has done. Boris should be showing leadership, but Cummings hasn’t told him how to do that yet

By *ncutgem OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath ish

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite

merseyside

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite"

Just looked it up.....

describes me and zillions of others, not just for Covid but for most things on a day to day basis, some big some small, maybe even you fall into the category on the odd occasion.

If you do, don't get upset, it's normal.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Glad this storm has died down now. Vast majority of people who had their self righteous knickers in a twist a) didn’t vote conservative b) was not for the UK leaving the EU. Borris stood by his employee, loyalty is a good character trait.

It hasn’t died down. The majority of people in this country want him gone for what he has done. Boris should be showing leadership, but Cummings hasn’t told him how to do that yet "

really the majority? only ones i see calling for his head are people on sicial media.out in the real world i dont think i know anyone who gives it a 2nd thought...oh sorry i know one but he has done nithing but bitch and moan since jezza lost the election so really he just having a moan because cummings is a tiry more than anything else.bit like most of the peeps on here.like i said on another thread to let the torys fill your every waking moment is goba do nothing but give yourself an ulcer.get ready for the nxt GE and try and vite them out.moaning about it day in day out for the nxt 4yrs not gona be good for ya mental health and peeps will likley start avoiding you if thats all u ever have to say....your welcome

near ipswich

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite"

Just like the teacher who reported him turns out he made a 500 odd round trip to pick his daughter up from her boyfriends .

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite Just like the teacher who reported him turns out he made a 500 odd round trip to pick his daughter up from her boyfriends . "

Seriously???!

I bet the papers don't report that!!

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Take care everyone, especially since lockdown is being lifted. "

Some one who is an adviser to the prime minister is a temporary civil servant.

They are appointed under articles of the civil service, and they are paid by central government.

near ipswich

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite Just like the teacher who reported him turns out he made a 500 odd round trip to pick his daughter up from her boyfriends .

Seriously???!

I bet the papers don't report that!! "

It gets better the guy who said he saw him a second time Tim Matthews has admitted he made it up as a JOKE.

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite Just like the teacher who reported him turns out he made a 500 odd round trip to pick his daughter up from her boyfriends .

Seriously???!

I bet the papers don't report that!! It gets better the guy who said he saw him a second time Tim Matthews has admitted he made it up as a JOKE. "

People just love band wagons

So that makes it right then BUT most people did NOT tell othets what to do Look up hypocrite Just like the teacher who reported him turns out he made a 500 odd round trip to pick his daughter up from her boyfriends . "

Or while a supposed ‘witness’ who claimed Mr Cummings had made a second trip to the region admitted he made his statement up as a joke.

Tim Matthews said that he doctored the details on an app used by runners to record routes and times to make it seem like he had seen Mr Cummings in Durham six days after he had returned to London.

I'm sure we are all still laughing from his joke

near ipswich

Or while a supposed ‘witness’ who claimed Mr Cummings had made a second trip to the region admitted he made his statement up as a joke.

Tim Matthews said that he doctored the details on an app used by runners to record routes and times to make it seem like he had seen Mr Cummings in Durham six days after he had returned to London.

I'm sure we are all still laughing from his joke "

Yeah a really funny joke detracting from the pandemic and putting peoples lives at risk because you didnt want brexit.The guy is a prize c&%T.

I'm sure we are all still laughing from his joke Yeah a really funny joke detracting from the pandemic and putting peoples lives at risk because you didnt want brexit.The guy is a prize c&%T."

Agreed I think the average Joe realised it wasn't about covid19 and had another motive.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Ha ha it’s all coming out now! This story is dead in the water. I even think people are starting to feel a degree of sympathy now it’s been spinned.

The impotent rage is eating people up.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

I note the Cummins apologists have appeared.

Be assured, Cummins was taking the piss out of you as well.

near ipswich

"I note the Cummins apologists have appeared.

Be assured, Cummins was taking the piss out of you as well."

Its not about being a "cummins apologist" its about people being manipulated by the press and whipped into a frenzy when it turns out someone thought it would be a laugh to lie and the observer bought it followed by others who have an axe to grind.

Be assured, Cummins was taking the piss out of you as well.Its not about being a "cummins apologist" its about people being manipulated by the press and whipped into a frenzy when it turns out someone thought it would be a laugh to lie and the observer bought it followed by others who have an axe to grind."

So an unprecedented 1 hour press conference was because people are being manipulated?

near ipswich

Be assured, Cummins was taking the piss out of you as well.Its not about being a "cummins apologist" its about people being manipulated by the press and whipped into a frenzy when it turns out someone thought it would be a laugh to lie and the observer bought it followed by others who have an axe to grind.

So an unprecedented 1 hour press conference was because people are being manipulated? "

Yeah deffo with the witch hunt that went on for weeks he had no choice but to speak out something by the way he does not do,so in fact the press won as he views them as irreverent and not worth talking to.

I'm sure we are all still laughing from his joke Yeah a really funny joke detracting from the pandemic and putting peoples lives at risk because you didnt want brexit.The guy is a prize c&%T."

He should be done for wasting the police and government's time! What an utter dick.

Glasgow

"

Police officers, doctors, magistrates, teachers are routinely fired for digressions 'normal' people aren't.

As I said I think he should have resigned however the law does not have a hypocritical element so unless people really do want different rules for different people he has to be treated equally"

My point was people who maintain positions in public office are often not given the option to resign, they're fired!

near ipswich

"

As I said I think he should have resigned however the law does not have a hypocritical element so unless people really do want different rules for different people he has to be treated equally

My point was people who maintain positions in public office are often not given the option to resign, they're fired! "

Im sure he would have been if he had been done for anything.

Glasgow

"

My point was people who maintain positions in public office are often not given the option to resign, they're fired! Im sure he would have been if he had been done for anything."

That's a failing on the part of his master, not the system.

London

"

My point was people who maintain positions in public office are often not given the option to resign, they're fired! Im sure he would have been if he had been done for anything."

The police did not consider his trip to Banard Castle to be within the guidelines given.

If he had been caught driving at that time, action would have been taken.

No, move on happens after his sacking. Until then keep raising it up the flagpole and make as much noise as possible."

m that also the house of a autistic child so your happy to use psychological warfare against a child, wales health minster made the rules and broke them wheres the outrage, is it because he's labour can do no wrong to a bunch of lefties

Glasgow

" As they stayed in a separate building I don't see how the risk of infecting others was any greater than in london"

But the lockdown measures don't allow for any flexibility in the assessment of risk by the individual.

Glasgow

"m that also the house of a autistic child so your happy to use psychological warfare against a child, wales health minster made the rules and broke them wheres the outrage, is it because he's labour can do no wrong to a bunch of lefties "

Has Cummings claimed that his son is autistic?

Glasgow

Journalists doorstepping politicians, royalty, celebrities, lottery winners etc is hardly a new phenomenon, I've little sympathy for Cummings because in his day job it's this kind of spinning and manipulation of the media that he cultivates if it suits his political purpose!

Four Labour MP's & one SNP MP, so far, have been 'outed' for breaking the rules but the press haven't gone after them.

I wonder why, could it be that thing where Labour, SNP the left 'in general = very, very good, Tory's, the right & Anyone who doesn't cowtow to the liberal agenda = very, very bad?

Round South Yorkshire we've seen groups of people from all demographics breaking so called lockdown rules from the beginning, so has anyone really taken it seriously?

We think not.

DC = MSM witch hunt, not constructive or balanced journalism, otherwise they'd have balanced it out with an investigation into say, Stephen Kinnock and his drive to Lord Kinnock's birthday party.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I love seeing people and brexiters especially defending the unelected bureaucrat that Cummings is and forget that they pissed us off for years about Brussels unelected bureaucrats. O yes but this unelected bureaucrat is so much better!!!

Be assured, Cummins was taking the piss out of you as well.Its not about being a "cummins apologist" its about people being manipulated by the press and whipped into a frenzy when it turns out someone thought it would be a laugh to lie and the observer bought it followed by others who have an axe to grind.

So an unprecedented 1 hour press conference was because people are being manipulated? Yeah deffo with the witch hunt that went on for weeks he had no choice but to speak out something by the way he does not do,so in fact the press won as he views them as irreverent and not worth talking to."

Di you not think a witch hunt is more apt when talking about Diane Abbott havibgvto publicly apologise for drinking a mojito on the tube

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Journalists doorstepping politicians, royalty, celebrities, lottery winners etc is hardly a new phenomenon, I've little sympathy for Cummings because in his day job it's this kind of spinning and manipulation of the media that he cultivates if it suits his political purpose!"

Amazingly Jenrick admitted unlawfully approving a housing development to save a party donor millions he would have to have paid to a local council but he's still in post, so breaking the law doesn't seem to matter any more

"I love seeing people and brexiters especially defending the unelected bureaucrat that Cummings is and forget that they pissed us off for years about Brussels unelected bureaucrats. O yes but this unelected bureaucrat is so much better!!! "
That's a silly statement because you can't compare someone employed by the British government and someone employed by the EU.

I as a voter have no control over EU employees.

London

"Four Labour MP's & one SNP MP, so far, have been 'outed' for breaking the rules but the press haven't gone after them.

I wonder why, could it be that thing where Labour, SNP the left 'in general = very, very good, Tory's, the right & Anyone who doesn't cowtow to the liberal agenda = very, very bad?

Round South Yorkshire we've seen groups of people from all demographics breaking so called lockdown rules from the beginning, so has anyone really taken it seriously?

We think not.

DC = MSM witch hunt, not constructive or balanced journalism, otherwise they'd have balanced it out with an investigation into say, Stephen Kinnock and his drive to Lord Kinnock's birthday party. "

All those people you mentioned above are not the principal architects of the guidance we were asked to follow, that's the difference.

Also it is quite 'normal' for the press to go after people in high profile positions, not just politicians but celebrities, royal family etc.

They decide what will make news and what doesn't; and their reason for commenting on certain individuals is not 'always' political

Glasgow

"Four Labour MP's & one SNP MP, so far, have been 'outed' for breaking the rules but the press haven't gone after them.

I wonder why, could it be that thing where Labour, SNP the left 'in general = very, very good, Tory's, the right & Anyone who doesn't cowtow to the liberal agenda = very, very bad? "

Or, more crucially they haven't set the measures we're all expected to abide by and therefore Cummings failure to follow them resonates more significantly with people who didn't want to follow the rules in the first place?

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"I love seeing people and brexiters especially defending the unelected bureaucrat that Cummings is and forget that they pissed us off for years about Brussels unelected bureaucrats. O yes but this unelected bureaucrat is so much better!!! That's a silly statement because you can't compare someone employed by the British government and someone employed by the EU.

I as a voter have no control over EU employees.

"

Do you have any control on appointing, sacking Cummings? Who decided that this guy should be the most influential person in this country? I won’t even mention the House of Lords where some peers are appointed for life because they know the right person in the gvt. Very democratic indeed!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Glad this storm has died down now. Vast majority of people who had their self righteous knickers in a twist a) didn’t vote conservative b) was not for the UK leaving the EU. Borris stood by his employee, loyalty is a good character trait.

"

For some of us this is a public health issue. By implying which party people voted is why people are not happy with any situation to deflect the issue at hand you are part of the problem.

birmingham

We think not.

DC = MSM witch hunt, not constructive or balanced journalism, otherwise they'd have balanced it out with an investigation into say, Stephen Kinnock and his drive to Lord Kinnock's birthday party.

All those people you mentioned above are not the principal architects of the guidance we were asked to follow, that's the difference.

"

The are in positions of influence and haven't dissented from the guidelines. If mp's are not prepared to critise lockdown guidelines they should observe them

We think not.

DC = MSM witch hunt, not constructive or balanced journalism, otherwise they'd have balanced it out with an investigation into say, Stephen Kinnock and his drive to Lord Kinnock's birthday party. "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You couldn't make it up. so the man who was an idiot making up a story is "detracting from the pandemic and putting peoples lives at risk" and yet the Cummings saga is OK?

Hypocrisy at it's best

milton keynes

I'm sure we are all still laughing from his joke Yeah a really funny joke detracting from the pandemic and putting peoples lives at risk because you didnt want brexit.The guy is a prize c&%T.

He should be done for wasting the police and government's time! What an utter dick."

Indeed

So why is this guy not spread all over the media for making it up. This has diverted attention from more important issues and all for a lie

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe if people could post the links to the story of the Headmaster and the liar we could have a nose? I can't seem to find anything but that could be just me searching for the wrong thing

London

We think not.

The are in positions of influence and haven't dissented from the guidelines. If mp's are not prepared to critise lockdown guidelines they should observe them"

Seems like you are barking up the wrong tree.

Nobody said what those MPs did was right.

We were just addressing why the Press reported so much more about Cummings, but less so about those backbench MPs

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

Lets not do what the media get accused of doing, which is elaborate the truth, it wasn't a party , it was sitting on a chair in a front garden which was vilified in the press and by the police as he had broken lock down rules as he had driven for an hour to get there.

I don't think anyone in the public eye who has broken the lock down rules have escaped from being told they messed up, it just depends on how much depending on whether you are making the rules or standing on a podium telling us what we should be doing as to how much reaction it will get from the people who think it is a smack in the face to the majority of us who stuck to those rules

London

"

Lets not do what the media get accused of doing, which is elaborate the truth, it wasn't a party , it was sitting on a chair in a front garden which was vilified in the press and by the police as he had broken lock down rules as he had driven for an hour to get there.

I don't think anyone in the public eye who has broken the lock down rules have escaped from being told they messed up, it just depends on how much depending on whether you are making the rules or standing on a podium telling us what we should be doing as to how much reaction it will get from the people who think it is a smack in the face to the majority of us who stuck to those rules"

This

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

We were just addressing why the Press reported so much more about Cummings, but less so about those backbench MPs"

Probably because people are more incensed

By *dx69Man  over a year ago

London

Hahaha

milton keynes

"

I don't think anyone in the public eye who has broken the lock down rules have escaped from being told they messed up, it just depends on how much depending on whether you are making the rules or standing on a podium telling us what we should be doing as to how much reaction it will get from the people who think it is a smack in the face to the majority of us who stuck to those rules"

Seems a bit pick and choose though as when the media do this and it agrees with their views they put it all over here. Now when it does not suit we are to ignore it.

The OP is just asking why when an allegation is made and shown to be untrue why is that not given the same weight as the original allegations. Would you like to be dragged through something like this and its untrue?

As for the part he did do wrong the law does not discriminate on people's job.

London

"

We were just addressing why the Press reported so much more about Cummings, but less so about those backbench MPs

Probably because people are more incensed"

"Probably because people are more incensed

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest."

People are making it political rather than seeing it as a public health issue. It shouldn't matter who you voted for, it is the issue people should be looking at

London

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest.

People are making it political rather than seeing it as a public health issue. It shouldn't matter who you voted for, it is the issue people should be looking at"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The OP is just asking why when an allegation is made and shown to be untrue why is that not given the same weight as the original allegations. Would you like to be dragged through something like this and its untrue?

"

He admitted it all although obviously the reasons might not have been believed by many of us. The only one he denied was one about the second trip.. I havn't seen any other stories about a jaunt on the 19th April since he denied it on Monday but I appreciate I may have missed some so I assumed that was dropped from the media

The OP didn't ask about the media though

milton keynes

"

He admitted it all although obviously the reasons might not have been believed by many of us. The only one he denied was one about the second trip.. I havn't seen any other stories about a jaunt on the 19th April since he denied it on Monday but I appreciate I may have missed some so I assumed that was dropped from the media

"

My apologies I was getting mixed with another thread regarding the OP.

I was meaning the second trip which turned out to be untrue.

Even after police investigation only the crazy castle trip was found to be against the rules. He did confirm the original travel to Durham but says its within the rules which the police confirm this

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Even after police investigation only the crazy castle trip was found to be against the rules. He did confirm the original travel to Durham but says its within the rules which the police confirm this"

As I said, I don't think but will be corrected if not that the April 19th has been mentioned since he denied it on Monday

As far as I can see all that has been reported now is what he admitted to and what people are saying about it. the press can be wrong and we all know that but I don't think we should complain when they report the truth

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Even after police investigation only the crazy castle trip was found to be against the rules. He did confirm the original travel to Durham but says its within the rules which the police confirm this

As I said, I don't think but will be corrected if not that the April 19th has been mentioned since he denied it on Monday

As far as I can see all that has been reported now is what he admitted to and what people are saying about it. the press can be wrong and we all know that but I don't think we should complain when they report the truth"

PS I believe Prof Van Tam about the rules, no matter how many times people want to stretch those rules to suit

milton keynes

"

As far as I can see all that has been reported now is what he admitted to and what people are saying about it. the press can be wrong and we all know that but I don't think we should complain when they report the truth"

Exactly its not been mentioned since he denied it. The media made the accusation but when it was shown to be untrue they did not apologise.

No problem with them reporting the truth but when they report untruths they should make it clear they got it wrong and with the same weight as when they made the original allegation

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"

As far as I can see all that has been reported now is what he admitted to and what people are saying about it. the press can be wrong and we all know that but I don't think we should complain when they report the truth

PS I believe Prof Van Tam about the rules, no matter how many times people want to stretch those rules to suit"

Yes he's been pretty impressive hasn't he, always comes across very well

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No problem with them reporting the truth but when they report untruths they should make it clear they got it wrong and with the same weight as when they made the original allegation"

They sometimes do, normally two lines in teeny weeny print at the bottom of a page, just so everyone can see it

To be fair though, we all know this about the press, it shouldn't take away from the issue of someone going on their jollies for two weeks and hiding that fact

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

PS I believe Prof Van Tam about the rules, no matter how many times people want to stretch those rules to suit

Yes he's been pretty impressive hasn't he, always comes across very well "

I always drift off half way through any of the others talking, but sit up when he speaks, he just has a good way of explaining it all

near ipswich

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest."

Why are they more incensed,could it be that the press made it more of a story than it was? A second and even third visit was touted in the press for weeks to whip the public into a frenzy then when the truth comes out they are still outraged. Compare this to the labour guy who went to a funeral with 100 others kinnock going on a picnic in lockdown or even the deputy major of manchester having a birthday party in her garden, in the news for a day two at the most hardly any tv coverage. Ask yourself why the difference?

Chudleigh

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest.Why are they more incensed,could it be that the press made it more of a story than it was? A second and even third visit was touted in the press for weeks to whip the public into a frenzy then when the truth comes out they are still outraged. Compare this to the labour guy who went to a funeral with 100 others kinnock going on a picnic in lockdown or even the deputy major of manchester having a birthday party in her garden, in the news for a day two at the most hardly any tv coverage. Ask yourself why the difference?"

Did any of them write the rules? No

Glasgow

"

"

Maybe because the focus of the coverage is based on Cummings own admissions, stories made up about him are less interesting, especially as the likelihood is he's created a backstory to justify the activity (a two week sojourn to the country and spurious trip to Barnard Castle).

Let's face it he wasn't travelling to Durham to wash the feet of the sick and dying.

milton keynes

"

No problem with them reporting the truth but when they report untruths they should make it clear they got it wrong and with the same weight as when they made the original allegation

They sometimes do, normally two lines in teeny weeny print at the bottom of a page, just so everyone can see it

To be fair though, we all know this about the press, it shouldn't take away from the issue of someone going on their jollies for two weeks and hiding that fact

"

That's the problem only sometimes they apologise and as you say in tiny print when they do.

Trial by media

Glasgow

"Why are they more incensed,could it be that the press made it more of a story than it was? A second and even third visit was touted in the press for weeks to whip the public into a frenzy then when the truth comes out they are still outraged."

I would have been incensed if he'd walked to his local park and sat on a bench, because he and his colleagues had created rules which I and millions of others have managed to stick too.

The public's rightly outraged and his behaviour has undermined the measures, thereby putting us all at increased risk.

merseyside

They are appointed under articles of the civil service, and they are paid by central government. "

I stand corrected, still don't care, yesterday's news, really sorry just can't get over excited about it all.

Someone else will do something silly or hilarious in their stupidity in the next few weeks, they seem not to be able to help themselves.

More to be pitied than scolded, as my nan used to say.

By the way, I have been paid by central government for consultancy work, never classed me as a temporary civil servant, not that it would have bothered me, call me what you will as long as you pay me.

Take care all, especially in the coming weeks.

Glasgow

"Compare this to the labour guy who went to a funeral with 100 others kinnock going on a picnic in lockdown or even the deputy major of manchester having a birthday party in her garden, in the news for a day two at the most hardly any tv coverage. Ask yourself why the difference?"

Most people are outraged by that too, but obviously less so for reasons that are bleedin obvious!

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

cummins could make a few bob out of this

London

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest.Why are they more incensed,could it be that the press made it more of a story than it was? A second and even third visit was touted in the press for weeks to whip the public into a frenzy then when the truth comes out they are still outraged. Compare this to the labour guy who went to a funeral with 100 others kinnock going on a picnic in lockdown or even the deputy major of manchester having a birthday party in her garden, in the news for a day two at the most hardly any tv coverage. Ask yourself why the difference?"

The difference is Cummings is a principal architect in designing the guidelines we were asked to follow, not quite so with the others.

London

They are appointed under articles of the civil service, and they are paid by central government.

I stand corrected, still don't care, yesterday's news, really sorry just can't get over excited about it all.

Someone else will do something silly or hilarious in their stupidity in the next few weeks, they seem not to be able to help themselves.

More to be pitied than scolded, as my nan used to say.

By the way, I have been paid by central government for consultancy work, never classed me as a temporary civil servant, not that it would have bothered me, call me what you will as long as you pay me.

Take care all, especially in the coming weeks.

"

I actually don’t care whether you care or not.

I made a correction to a statement you made, and you’ve accepted the correction.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

You are right, that's the most probable reason, and not because of political reasons as some people seem to suggest.Why are they more incensed,could it be that the press made it more of a story than it was? A "

No, not for me. I don't need to read the papers to figure out that someone is a hypocrite and should be sticking to the same rules as everyone else. No matter how many people say it isn't a story doesn't make them right, there are plenty of people around who would disagree with it being trivial

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

That's the problem only sometimes they apologise and as you say in tiny print when they do.

Trial by media"

Sometimes yes, in this case only one part was wrong, the rest was admitted so they wrote the truth

Chudleigh

"

Trial by media

Sometimes yes, in this case only one part was wrong, the rest was admitted so they wrote the truth"

Exactly - a little bit of principles by this Govt would have made a huge difference to people now using the Cummings defence. We were all in this together & now he & Boris are showing only us plebs need to follow the rules...

Glasgow

"

Trial by media

Sometimes yes, in this case only one part was wrong, the rest was admitted so they wrote the truth

Exactly - a little bit of principles by this Govt would have made a huge difference to people now using the Cummings defence. We were all in this together & now he & Boris are showing only us plebs need to follow the rules... "

Hallelujah, brothers & sisters, commonsense prevails!

"

Trial by media"

It's sad the media didn't learn from the Caroline Flack incident. It appears there is no such thing as news anymore, more like social media courtroom drama.

"

Trial by media

It's sad the media didn't learn from the Caroline Flack incident. It appears there is no such thing as news anymore, more like social media courtroom drama. "

milton keynes

[Removed by poster at 31/05/20 22:34:49]

milton keynes

"

Trial by media

Sometimes yes, in this case only one part was wrong, the rest was admitted so they wrote the truth"

Not quite sadly

Papers claimed second and even third trips happened from London to Durham. Both turned out to be untrue and a person admitted making it up.

Papers claimed that the one trip to Durham was not within the rules. Police investigated and confirmed that the papers were wrong and it was within the rules. The outside the rules issue was the castle trip

So at the end 4 claims made by the papers and only 1 was correct

I agree he should have resigned but trial by media is just wrong in my opinion

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

But were the police aware that he is joint owner of the Durham farm and trips to a second home are prohibited ?

milton keynes

"But were the police aware that he is joint owner of the Durham farm and trips to a second home are prohibited ?"

They investigated the whole thing and concluded his London to Durham trip was within the rules.

The claimed 2nd and 3rd trips did not happen and we now know it was made up

They do say the castle trip was outside the rules. This is the only claim to be upheld by the police.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Trial by media

Not quite sadly

Papers claimed second and even third trips happened from London to Durham. Both turned out to be untrue and a person admitted making it up.

Papers claimed that the one trip to Durham was not within the rules. Police investigated and confirmed that the papers were wrong and it was within the rules. The outside the rules issue was the castle trip

I agree he should have resigned but trial by media is just wrong in my opinion "

It is a trial, he admitted what he did.

If you look at what I have said, once the further trip was denied the papers didn't mention it again. They did however mention what he did admit to.

The person who claimed he was lying to the original paper over the second trip sold his "story" to a different newspaper. The original paper itself has denied he was the person who told them it.

People can say all they like that the man didn't break the rules but no amount of saying that will convince a lot of people.

Lets break it down

Goes home to wife who says she thinks she has covid.

Goes back to work.

Goes home again, drives to Durham for childcare in case he gets sick too.

Stays at a second home ( he is part owner )

Gets sick the next day, wife says in her article he is lying in bed very ill for 10 days.

Wife takes child to hospital, she was meant to have covid so should be going to hospital unless to be admitted, but if she hasn't got then as he has and is in bed ill with it, she should be isolating. Maybe they could have used the childcare that they went there for at this point.

Next day he gets up from his sick bed where his wife said he stayed in for 10 days to pick up his wife and child from the Hospital

Obviously then the whole eye test bit and the woods on the way home.

A hell of a lot of rule breaking in there that people seem to be glossing over.

Now the papers have never said who gave them the story that was true, but I am glad they did run the story....at least we get to know how the Government handled all this.

We now know for sure that there are a lot of people who have no principles and integrity and think they can shut people up. We are not in Russia

Now my fingers ache after all that so I am off to bed

Forum Mod

O o O oo

isn't *

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

He broke the rules!! But gets away with it my son broke a rule and got sacked but higher authority were doing it and got away with it ... this is how things get out of control it can't be one rule for one and one rule for someone in authority

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

We think not.

Press didn't need to go after them, they did the decent thing and apologized.

Cummins didn't apologize, he just laughed at you.

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

All the press following wasn't distancing

Glasgow

"

It's sad the media didn't learn from the Caroline Flack incident. It appears there is no such thing as news anymore, more like social media courtroom drama. "

So because a celebrity sadly took her own life, journalists shouldn't be allowed to investigate and ask searching questions of government representatives?

They'd still be ripping off the tax payer with spurious expenses claims if that were the case.

Chudleigh

"

Trial by media

Not quite sadly

If you look at what I have said, once the further trip was denied the papers didn't mention it again. They did however mention what he did admit to.

The person who claimed he was lying to the original paper over the second trip sold his "story" to a different newspaper. The original paper itself has denied he was the person who told them it.

People can say all they like that the man didn't break the rules but no amount of saying that will convince a lot of people.

Lets break it down

Goes back to work.

Gets sick the next day, wife says in her article he is lying in bed very ill for 10 days.

Wife takes child to hospital, she was meant to have covid so should be going to hospital unless to be admitted, but if she hasn't got then as he has and is in bed ill with it, she should be isolating. Maybe they could have used the childcare that they went there for at this point.

Next day he gets up from his sick bed where his wife said he stayed in for 10 days to pick up his wife and child from the Hospital

Now the papers have never said who gave them the story that was true, but I am glad they did run the story....at least we get to know how the Government handled all this.

We now know for sure that there are a lot of people who have no principles and integrity and think they can shut people up. We are not in Russia

"

Totally agree with you on this

"

It's sad the media didn't learn from the Caroline Flack incident. It appears there is no such thing as news anymore, more like social media courtroom drama.

So because a celebrity sadly took her own life, journalists shouldn't be allowed to investigate and ask searching questions of government representatives?

They'd still be ripping off the tax payer with spurious expenses claims if that were the case."

Investigate... yes. This was harassment, good job Boris didn't sack an innocent man.

Don't see the media going crazy because of someone's joke.

There are alot of issues that should be raised.

-Why no ppe for schools?

-Why are some UK firms not being able to sell there ppe to the government (if there is a shortage),

-when will antibody tests be available to the public- (so we can go back to work),

-what about millionaires furloughing staff and expecting the tax payers to fit the bill?, - - Why didn't WHO do more back in December.

Surely pressing on important issues to get the country running are more important?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

All of which have been asked many times, some journalists where told they shouldn't keep asking those questions when it was still happening. I suppose they can't win either way

However, just because one or more questions needs asking, doesn't mean you should stop asking one that isn't one that the people defending his actions want anyone to ask

Glasgow

"

Investigate... yes. This was harassment, good job Boris didn't sack an innocent man.

"

But he isn't 'innocent' is he? Usually swingers aren't gullible or comfortable when they hear sensational statements.

milton keynes

"

Trial by media

Not quite sadly

Lets break it down

Goes back to work.

"

Let me start by agreeing he should have resigned and have said this on several occasions.

I understand that the paper may not have repeated the allegations once they knew them to be false but why did they print them in the first place as at best it waS here say. They did not to my knowledge apologise or even acknowledge that they printed false information.

Your correct that D.C. admitted the remaining events and said he believe them to be within the rules. The police agree with D.C. on this so what he admitted to was within the rules. That's not me making the judgement its the police.

They did point out that the castle trip was outside the rules so out of the 4 allegations only 1 was outside the rules. Like many I thought the police could have charged him with a greater offence for the castle trip.

Sorry but I still think trial by media is bad and that the law and punishment should be equal for all

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Let me start by agreeing he should have resigned and have said this on several occasions.

l"

You keep saying this as if I have called for it, I havn't said what I think on that one way or another.

We won't agree on this so pointless we keep repeating ourselves

» Add a new message to this topic