FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Silverstone moto gp cancelled

Silverstone moto gp cancelled

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

They could have ran it behind closed doors like they are planning to in other countries.

On the back of last years disaster I think it will be end of Moto gp at Silverstone.

I thought with motorsport expected to kick of again from july that they would have ran this event x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They could have ran it behind closed doors like they are planning to in other countries.

On the back of last years disaster I think it will be end of Moto gp at Silverstone.

I thought with motorsport expected to kick of again from july that they would have ran this event x "

Maybe they didn't think it was worth the risk? Maybe they thought UK was highly like to have a second peak with the rule changes? Maybe behind closed doors isn't feasible to do. I am sure if it was possible it would have been done.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

May it’s unlikely they didn’t do it for safety reasons they are bikers not cowards ... most likely a cost vs profits decision

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Or the uncertainty around the UK quarantine regulations.

"Or the uncertainty around the UK quarantine regulations. "
possibly... although sure sports was one of the exceptions. I could understand it if motorsport wasnt going to be running in the uk but track days are restarting and I've got 8 days already booked to marshal in july. ( though we do know they could all be cancelled) but this is like the motorsport version of the football premiership..

"They could have ran it behind closed doors like they are planning to in other countries.

I thought with motorsport expected to kick of again from july that they would have ran this event x "

Shame, I've been to Silverstone and its a tremendous place

Silverstone needs to get some events going. With the speculation around its financials which have been floating around for years, there needs to be some action there.

I thought with motorsport expected to kick of again from july that they would have ran this event x

Shame, I've been to Silverstone and its a tremendous place"

to be fair as a motorbike track is rubbish... but I've always enjoyed the day of champions before it x

Apparently phillip island is cancelled too. But they are hoping to run races from mid july..

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Shame, I've been to Silverstone and its a tremendous place to be fair as a motorbike track is rubbish... but I've always enjoyed the day of champions before it x

Apparently phillip island is cancelled too. But they are hoping to run races from mid july.. "

Hopefully we will get some british superbikes running at the circuits in uk soon

And some classic racing

Moto gp will run events in Europe

Aussies mates are not impressed as Philip island has been cancelled

As they still 14 day quarantine also

We just want some races

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I don't understand why F1 is running in July at Silverstone but MotoGp is cancelled in August??

Anybody have any ideas?

"I don't understand why F1 is running in July at Silverstone but MotoGp is cancelled in August??

Anybody have any ideas? "

yeah I did wonder this.. and there are other things running at Silverstone too x

Donington is a better venue ... here's hoping

"Donington is a better venue ... here's hoping "
well two let downs in two years... it's the obvious choice

Last year wasn’t a disaster. It was a glorious weekend with a cracking race with a close finish.

2018 was the disaster

Dorna are planning on keeping the trucks on mainland Europe for the start-up going by the plan knocking around.

It’s also likely that with so many F1 teams being based in the UK that will get the go ahead. I don’t think we’ll see any areas that have both F1 and MotoGP this year to keep the closed paddocks from crossing paths.

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

I'm more gutted about BSB. looked like it was going to be a great season.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I don't understand why F1 is running in July at Silverstone but MotoGp is cancelled in August??

Anybody have any ideas? "

It must be due to how much tv is prepared to pay. If the numbers don't add up not worth taking a risk.

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

We were hoping the Manx classic TT would be on in august but that has been canned to gutted by it all

They need to bring moto gp back to donnington for sure way Better track for bikes raced them both in my younger days and if it does rain it will drain off at donnington unlike silverstone it’s not flat as a tack

Bring on the bikes I say we need our racing back ASAP

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Im fuming, because apparently its due to f1 running 2 races there in august, so cancel bikes. Why not do 2 f1 races at tracks bikes dont use

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

I'm gutted..

Was going to be riding in the Classic TT this year.

Usually ride at Goodwood FOS as well. TT would've been nice to be able to stretch the bike a bit more than a hillclimb..

Going to be a quiet year..

» Add a new message to this topic