FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Footballers

Footballers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So football can start a group of 22 people which is a contact sport but we can't meet in a group of no more than 6 from Monday????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Not unless you are paying millions in revenue

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"So football can start a group of 22 people which is a contact sport but we can't meet in a group of no more than 6 from Monday????"

Yes, that's correct

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"So football can start a group of 22 people which is a contact sport but we can't meet in a group of no more than 6 from Monday????

Yes, that's correct"

Well apparently any footballer is within 2m of one other footballer for around 45 seconds on average each match. If you are that keen to meet more than 6 people arrange to meet them in primark when it opens as long as you are more 2m away from anyone not in your household.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are being tested every day apparently

"They are being tested every day apparently "

and then back home to isolate after was what i read

sounds like very well paid equivalent of getting a prison job for the next wee while to me

people are always very quick to jump on what freedoms or privileges other people have that they dont, without ever stopping to consider what restrictions might come along with it

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I wonder if they will be sent off and fined if they get caught spitting, they do it all the time.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"So football can start a group of 22 people which is a contact sport but we can't meet in a group of no more than 6 from Monday????"

3-A-Side

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

They are being well looked after and tested. It’s a bit of a false equivalence.

Plus some well needed sport will cheer up the masses.

Correct

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

The fact that they are all fit, healthy and young and probably wouldn't even notice if they caught it should make the restarting of football a 'no brainer'.

And woow.. so until the end of the season the footballers will be living where l. not at home ?

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

I play hockey and love rugby, but theres no way contact sports should be even thinking of making a comeback yet. It's also only the elite versions of sports that are returning- it's nothing to do with their ability to adapt training, but to do with the fact they generate income and can provide a diversion from everything else.

Wrong to deceive the public and even more so to put players at risk so people have something to watch on tv.

By *edheadjMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

"I wonder if they will be sent off and fined if they get caught spitting, they do it all the time. "

I believe the EPL have said that spitting will result in a sending off now

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"And woow.. so until the end of the season the footballers will be living where l. not at home ?"

Probably not where u

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"So football can start a group of 22 people which is a contact sport but we can't meet in a group of no more than 6 from Monday????

Yes, that's correct"

But unfair

As the number of deaths decreases there’s a desire to increase revenue it's a political balancing act

"I play hockey and love rugby, but theres no way contact sports should be even thinking of making a comeback yet. It's also only the elite versions of sports that are returning- it's nothing to do with their ability to adapt training, but to do with the fact they generate income and can provide a diversion from everything else.

Wrong to deceive the public and even more so to put players at risk so people have something to watch on tv."

i thought it was only elite version of sport st the moment too, but heard yesterday the amateur leagues are due to start again in august so the guy i know that runs a team was off round getting all the pre season sign ups organised ... i think thats a bit soon tbh for something thats pretty much a hobby

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"They are being tested every day apparently "

What for? Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia.

Oh Covid, sorry we already know they most likely have the first three

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"They are being tested every day apparently

Oh Covid, sorry we already know they most likely have the first three "

Oh Covid, sorry we already know they most likely have the first three "

ahahah maybe not so much now, footballers are notorious for putting it about but they will have been locked up with the wifes all through lockdown lol ... thats gotta put a restriction on your cheating abilities

I can't believe Cricket has been left until 1st August to restart. County Championship games are virtually played in front of empty stands anyway so playing during COVID wouldn't be much different.

There's also no contact between players and bar the slip fielders every player could adhere to the 2m rule.

Minimum amount of revenue created by County Cricket though so the govt aren't arsed about restarting it. Pretty sure they'll do everything they can to make sure the T20's are played though as it's a cash cow.

Worcester

Oh Covid, sorry we already know they most likely have the first three

ahahah maybe not so much now, footballers are notorious for putting it about but they will have been locked up with the wifes all through lockdown lol ... thats gotta put a restriction on your cheating abilities "

Worcester

"I can't believe Cricket has been left until 1st August to restart. County Championship games are virtually played in front of empty stands anyway so playing during COVID wouldn't be much different.

There's also no contact between players and bar the slip fielders every player could adhere to the 2m rule.

Minimum amount of revenue created by County Cricket though so the govt aren't arsed about restarting it. Pretty sure they'll do everything they can to make sure the T20's are played though as it's a cash cow."

Surely as they handle the ball it's far more high risk as it will go from say the bowler to the bat then out to the fielder.

If the bowler has Covid its got to be on the ball?

I'd rather the football start and watch every game than watch the news and see all those morons pile onto the UK beaches with not a care in the world

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Yes, that's correct

Well apparently any footballer is within 2m of one other footballer for around 45 seconds on average each match. If you are that keen to meet more than 6 people arrange to meet them in primark when it opens as long as you are more 2m away from anyone not in your household."

Thats bollox. It can take a ref over a minute to sort out pushing and shoving from a corner kick

Worcester

"I'd rather the football start and watch every game than watch the news and see all those morons pile onto the UK beaches with not a care in the world "

Isn't it just the same thing but they pile onto a pitch / park and get paid for doing it

By *ornykinkycouple84Couple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

You hit the nail on the head there

"I can't believe Cricket has been left until 1st August to restart. County Championship games are virtually played in front of empty stands anyway so playing during COVID wouldn't be much different.

Minimum amount of revenue created by County Cricket though so the govt aren't arsed about restarting it. Pretty sure they'll do everything they can to make sure the T20's are played though as it's a cash cow.

Surely as they handle the ball it's far more high risk as it will go from say the bowler to the bat then out to the fielder.

If the bowler has Covid its got to be on the ball?"

But with testing like the footballers are getting? Unless pigeons can transfer COVID on the outfield?

I think we're missing the point that all players are being tested here aren't we? If all players, officials & match officials are tested and COVID free where's the risk?

Not everyone piling into IKEA, heading to Boscombe Beach etc will have been tested.

Elite sport is allowed. And to be fair they have extra measures in place. A lot of teams will lose a fortune from ticket, pie, programme and sponsorship sales. And to be Frank it much safer to be playing football on a pitch right now than hanging out on Blackpool beech.

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

"I think we're missing the point that all players are being tested here aren't we? If all players, officials & match officials are tested and COVID free where's the risk?

Not everyone piling into IKEA, heading to Boscombe Beach etc will have been tested."

Thats true to a point but the players, match officials, club officials probably all live with others. Those others may be going to work, supermarket etc and no matter how much you try to maintain 2m distance there is always someone else who doesn't maintain it. Plus the test is a snapshot in time - anyone of the people on that pitch could return a negative test today but a positive one tomorrow.

Still I'd rather be in a closed doors footy ground at the mo rather than Boscombe Beach

"I think we're missing the point that all players are being tested here aren't we? If all players, officials & match officials are tested and COVID free where's the risk?

Not everyone piling into IKEA, heading to Boscombe Beach etc will have been tested.

Thats true to a point but the players, match officials, club officials probably all live with others. Those others may be going to work, supermarket etc and no matter how much you try to maintain 2m distance there is always someone else who doesn't maintain it. Plus the test is a snapshot in time - anyone of the people on that pitch could return a negative test today but a positive one tomorrow.

Still I'd rather be in a closed doors footy ground at the mo rather than Boscombe Beach "

Aren't they being tested before every match? Agree that other factors like family etc come into play but they'd definitely be more stringently monitored than some of the balloons wandering the streets currently!

» Add a new message to this topic