FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > So first they think it's unsafe....

So first they think it's unsafe....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *az080378 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

To take ibuprofen whilst positive with covid19 and now I've just read an article saying they will be trialling it amongst some hospital patients to see if it helps reduce severity of illness!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"To take ibuprofen whilst positive with covid19 and now I've just read an article saying they will be trialling it amongst some hospital patients to see if it helps reduce severity of illness!! "

To be fair I think that started as an internet rumour and the boffins said they were unsure.

It's a new virus that they are learning about all the time. They update information as they learn new things about it.

Cromer

It would be good if they found it reduced the severity of breathing issues

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My understanding is that they thought there might have been a link. Everyone said "avoid it" without evidence just to be sure. Now they're looking for evidence

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"To take ibuprofen whilst positive with covid19 and now I've just read an article saying they will be trialling it amongst some hospital patients to see if it helps reduce severity of illness!!

To be fair I think that started as an internet rumour and the boffins said they were unsure."

This is what I thought I had read too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's just like how the ideas for bleach injection was treated initially. We're learning via experience.

I've got a feeling the initial ibuprofen view was taken from a French commentary of a small group of patients. It was speculative and precautionary. Certainly not a final conclusion.

Trump's face is still not bleached

Manchester (she/her)

"It's just like how the ideas for bleach injection was treated initially. We're learning via experience.

I've got a feeling the initial ibuprofen view was taken from a French commentary of a small group of patients. It was speculative and precautionary. Certainly not a final conclusion.

Trump's face is still not bleached"

I've seen people hoping he gets onto colloidal silver, because blue would be a change from orange at least.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Part of the damage covid-19 does is to make "small sticky blood clots" ibuprofen can cause blood clots hence the original advice. Scientific American has a fascinating study on it

I heard a programme on radio 4 months ago now, where some medical professionals were discussing the fact that ibuprofen can cause kidney damage that remains hidden until something else, such as a cardiac arrest, happens and then it causes major complications.

I found it rather alarming as when I had my vaginoplasty I was taking them like smarties. I haven't touched ibuprofen since I listened to it.

Cromer

"I heard a programme on radio 4 months ago now, where some medical professionals were discussing the fact that ibuprofen can cause kidney damage that remains hidden until something else, such as a cardiac arrest, happens and then it causes major complications.

I found it rather alarming as when I had my vaginoplasty I was taking them like smarties. I haven't touched ibuprofen since I listened to it."

There seems to be quite a few potential issues with ibuprofen considering it can be bought from any supermarket....

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

It is no different to any other off the shelf pain killer, anti inflammatory. To much Paracetamol can cause liver damage just an example! Personally I always have ibuprofen in the house as it eases my arthritis if it flares up, been given far stronger anti inflammatory tablets by doctor but they work for me.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Not sure Ibuprofen diminishes respiratory function? I can understand the caution around opiate based medication, even then, you'd need to be on a hefty dose to depress your CNS.

People with existing respiratory problems like asthma, COPD can be impacted by Ibroprofin. It can cause a flare up. So battling COVID and a flare up of severe asthma cam be more fatal.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

I take 600mg of Ibuprofen a day. I have been for five years, with no side effects. It is effective in controlling pain in my joints and allowing me mobility. Prior to that, I had been on Voltarol for years. It was prescribed for me by my GP.

I do not need to pay for it but I do because it's cheap.

Immediately prior to the lockdown, there was none to be had in the supermarkets; like toilet roll, it was being hoarded.

The Ibuprofen they are testing in relation to Covid 19 is not the tablet form most of us take.

This article from the BBC Website explains what is being done:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Ibuprofen tested as a treatment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52894638

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"People with existing respiratory problems like asthma, COPD can be impacted by Ibroprofin. It can cause a flare up. So battling COVID and a flare up of severe asthma cam be more fatal. "

Ibuprofen can make my asthma drugs less effective. I still take ibuprofen sometimes just not often. As mentioned above scientists are still learning about this disease. People naturally assumed covid behaves in similar ways to similar diseases but this isn't always the case.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

I read that the issue is that ibuprofen lowers your temperature and this reduces your bodies ability to fight the infection

Your hypothalamus gland deliberately raises your temperature when your sick as the immune system works better when your body temperature is raised

Cromer

"I read that the issue is that ibuprofen lowers your temperature and this reduces your bodies ability to fight the infection

Your hypothalamus gland deliberately raises your temperature when your sick as the immune system works better when your body temperature is raised"

There's a doctor that does a lot of videos,I can't remember his name but he was saying the same think about the importance of a temperature in relation to viruses,and how everyone being so quick at reducing a temperature stops the body doing what it's designed to do in fighting a viral infection

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

"Part of the damage covid-19 does is to make "small sticky blood clots" ibuprofen can cause blood clots hence the original advice. Scientific American has a fascinating study on it"

Asprin can dilute the blood .. hence why they tell older ppl to take half of one a day, to thin the blood.. also anti inflammatorys may be the solution .... if the world as stopped, when two simple drugs, sold at supermarkets, could of elevated the panic... I will be rather pissed off .. I blame it on Bill Gates and all the revenue him and his other secret circle have accumulated over the last four months .... let’s discuss on Teams and sell more games, as more people are at home, oh and let me get all the data I can grab on vasts amount of ppl all around the world ... only saying, what do I know, I’m only a bin man

Manchester (she/her)

"I read that the issue is that ibuprofen lowers your temperature and this reduces your bodies ability to fight the infection

Your hypothalamus gland deliberately raises your temperature when your sick as the immune system works better when your body temperature is raised

There's a doctor that does a lot of videos,I can't remember his name but he was saying the same think about the importance of a temperature in relation to viruses,and how everyone being so quick at reducing a temperature stops the body doing what it's designed to do in fighting a viral infection"

Yes, painkillers can be antipyretic. Unless I really can't cope, I only use them to help me sleep when I have fever.

By *orksfuncoupleCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

It's a virus that hasn't been studied before, so advice and treatment is bound to alter as the science people discover more about the virus.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

There's a doctor that does a lot of videos,I can't remember his name but he was saying the same think about the importance of a temperature in relation to viruses,and how everyone being so quick at reducing a temperature stops the body doing what it's designed to do in fighting a viral infection"

Dr John Campbell. Amazing guy and amazing videos

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck.

I'm scared of toasters.

It is not over the counter ibuprofen they are talking about it's a different compound. They are also saying used at a very specific stage of illness could prevent a further deterioration.

"It's a virus that hasn't been studied before, so advice and treatment is bound to alter as the science people discover more about the virus."

Exactly and its why clinical trials are so important to establish what works

Cromer

There's a doctor that does a lot of videos,I can't remember his name but he was saying the same think about the importance of a temperature in relation to viruses,and how everyone being so quick at reducing a temperature stops the body doing what it's designed to do in fighting a viral infection

Dr John Campbell. Amazing guy and amazing videos "

Yes that's the guy,very interesting to watch

Cromer

"It is not over the counter ibuprofen they are talking about it's a different compound. They are also saying used at a very specific stage of illness could prevent a further deterioration.

"

Yes that's what I read, it would be amazing if it works and helps to prevent the virus from developing to the very dangerous stage.

"Part of the damage covid-19 does is to make "small sticky blood clots" ibuprofen can cause blood clots hence the original advice. Scientific American has a fascinating study on it"

Which makes me wonder why nobody is considering Asprin, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-pyretic effects in the same was as Ibuprofen but also has anticoagulant properties.

By *ani87rMan  over a year ago

Boston

"To take ibuprofen whilst positive with covid19 and now I've just read an article saying they will be trialling it amongst some hospital patients to see if it helps reduce severity of illness!!

To be fair I think that started as an internet rumour and the boffins said they were unsure.

This is what I thought I had read too. "

If you would be looking some male NSA let me know. Wish to meet u

The French & Israeli's were giving Ibuprofen the thumbs up, then PHE/NHS/UKGov said it was a risk, now it isn't.

Everything it would appear to do with this virus & supposed treatments is highly contradictory.

Same as Malaria/Zinc/DVitamins were lauded in some countries but discredited by PHE/NHS/UKGov.

Then there was the oxygen v ventilator argument, again oxygen debunked by PHE/NHS/UKGov, until Boris was placed on oxygen that is.

There appears to be an agenda by the authorities, and I'll add the UN &/WHO to control the narrative and to confuse, frighten & control huge swathes of the global population.

Take the current situation in Vietnam, a city of 80k people forcefully evacuated to the countryside because of 3 x C-19+ cases.

Whether or not Ibuprofen anti- inflammatory works on C-19 is small potatoes when you see some of the hysterical crap going on in the world.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

im sure not so long ago they said masks are not effective... now they are? oh and only in certain situations and for certain people of course

Manchester (she/her)

"im sure not so long ago they said masks are not effective... now they are? oh and only in certain situations and for certain people of course "

Goodness. Science changes as evidence develops and circumstances change. How unusual.

No wait that's how science works.

Merseyside

"im sure not so long ago they said masks are not effective... now they are? oh and only in certain situations and for certain people of course

Goodness. Science changes as evidence develops and circumstances change. How unusual.

No wait that's how science works."

circumstances are changing for the better, look at our data, you constantly deny it!!

Merseyside

"im sure not so long ago they said masks are not effective... now they are? oh and only in certain situations and for certain people of course

No wait that's how science works."

anyway i suggested we speak again in 4weeks, so ill take a break from corona chat with you till then. probably for the best

Who is "they"?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Who is "they"?"

'They' are the same as the 'everyone is saying' folks

Ibrufen is bad for you anyway and is far to readily available

"My understanding is that they thought there might have been a link. Everyone said "avoid it" without evidence just to be sure. Now they're looking for evidence "

Ah therein lies the danger of the internet; ‘everyone said’ leads to therefores that can’t be supported.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"To take ibuprofen whilst positive with covid19 and now I've just read an article saying they will be trialling it amongst some hospital patients to see if it helps reduce severity of illness!! "

You do realise these people don't just know everything when they wake up in the morning? It's a new virus so they had to learn everything from scratch.

Manchester (she/her)

"My understanding is that they thought there might have been a link. Everyone said "avoid it" without evidence just to be sure. Now they're looking for evidence

Ah therein lies the danger of the internet; ‘everyone said’ leads to therefores that can’t be supported. "

There was a speculative paper in a journal that got a lot of traction. It wasn't some yahoo on the internet, but someone who knew something about what they were talking about, who happened to be wrong.

As Keeley said, we're learning. We've had to do everything from scratch.

"My understanding is that they thought there might have been a link. Everyone said "avoid it" without evidence just to be sure. Now they're looking for evidence

Ah therein lies the danger of the internet; ‘everyone said’ leads to therefores that can’t be supported.

There was a speculative paper in a journal that got a lot of traction. It wasn't some yahoo on the internet, but someone who knew something about what they were talking about, who happened to be wrong.

As Keeley said, we're learning. We've had to do everything from scratch."

Or maybe they didn’t! It was speculative and ended up being jumped on. I return to my original point.

Cromer

You do realise these people don't just know everything when they wake up in the morning? It's a new virus so they had to learn everything from scratch. "

My post wasn't a criticism,just pointing out that it was now being looked into.

I welcome any news that there may be evidence of drugs that help with this virus.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I thought a few people where admitted to hospital with severe symptoms, they were healthy with no underlying issues. They took ibuprofen like they would for any ache.

Like someone said earlier, this is new and sadly everything is trial and error.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"im sure not so long ago they said masks are not effective... now they are? oh and only in certain situations and for certain people of course "

They weren't recommended for the same reasons they aren't recommended for flu.

Of course, that was before they worked out that covid-19 can be transmitted by asymptomatic people.

It really isn't difficult to understand.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

If you want to know how bad ibu type drugs are, check out johnbchiro and the FDA's own evidence on them.

"It's a new virus that they are learning about all the time. They update information as they learn new things about it. "

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I heard a programme on radio 4 months ago now, where some medical professionals were discussing the fact that ibuprofen can cause kidney damage that remains hidden until something else, such as a cardiac arrest, happens and then it causes major complications.

I found it rather alarming as when I had my vaginoplasty I was taking them like smarties. I haven't touched ibuprofen since I listened to it.

There seems to be quite a few potential issues with ibuprofen considering it can be bought from any supermarket....

"

There's no free lunch, read the contraindications on any drug. We just don't think they will happen to us. And thankfully they don't for most.

I have always been wary of taking non prescribed drugs like ibuprofen and avoid them unless absolutely nessesarry. If you take too much of anything it is not going be good for you. Drugs burgers pizzas beer wine and now covid aaagghhhh what a life, pass the beer

» Add a new message to this topic