FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Face Masks to be Made Compulsory on Public Transport

Face Masks to be Made Compulsory on Public Transport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So on the 15th of June you will need to wear a face covering to use public transport.

Feck me that has been obvious to me from before the lockdown.

Your thoughts?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But they can be of negligible quality. Probably could have made that call months ago

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

About effin time

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"About effin time "

I've been wearing them for the past month!

Why the 15th, why not tomorrow ??

"Why the 15th, why not tomorrow ??"

My first thought when it was announced

"About effin time

I've been wearing them for the past month!"

I bought FFP3 masks in january...I had been watching it closely.

Not really sure why they have only just decided this now, to be honest.

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Probably because more places are starting to open then but I personally think it should have been made compulsory months ago

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Has to be written into the Rail By Laws. Conditions of Travel.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

Why not shops too? I wear one in shops and it isn’t that much of an imposition not to spread the illness.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

I would assume to give people time to buy them. I got a washable one off Amazon in 24 hrs but when I was looking there were 2 and 3 week delivery dates for some. It suggests to me as well that TFL will be putting some services back on.

"Not really sure why they have only just decided this now, to be honest. "

Probably because Michael O'Leary...the boss of Ryanair called them out for it last night

Why the 15th, why not tomorrow ??

Has to be written into the 'Transport' By Laws. Conditions of Travel.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

But you can que in lines at the houses parliament for 40 minutes without wearing a mask.

Give speeches at the dispatch box whilst showing signs of covid

I agree we should be wearing them.

I also think the government are about as consistent with their message for the virus

As 13 year girl decided who their crush is this month in their favourite k pop band.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

The jury’s out on if wearing masks is good or bad in the scientific world

By *hristeresa12Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

"Why the 15th, why not tomorrow ??

My first thought when it was announced "

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

I hate public transport but don't you think its a little bit too late to announce this?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

My first thought when it was announced "

there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?

Odd isn't it? I have worn one since day one - don't care what the science says, it just simply makes sense that having a covering and not having a covering would make a difference, however marginal.

And we have all seen so many fights on here with people saying the science says no . . . now people are saying they should have said wear them at the begining . . . au contrare!

Someone I see often shopping said she wasn't going to wear her anymore because so few are wearing them now she feels embarrassed doing so.

By *aastyKnixWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"So on the 15th of June you will need to wear a face covering to use public transport.

Your thoughts?"

I think this a good idea,in fact the wearing of facemasks should be widespread as it is in other countries but, how would it be policed and by whom? Obviously a bus driver could refuse to let someone on without a mask but what if that person then removed it once sat down? It's asking a bit much of bus drivers,station staff or guards to be enforcing this. There are some very obstinate people around (and stupid people) who even now refuse to take this whole thing seriously.

My first thought when it was announced there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?"

I've been wearing them in public places since before lockdown. It's the numpties who need to be told

"Odd isn't it? I have worn one since day one - don't care what the science says, it just simply makes sense that having a covering and not having a covering would make a difference, however marginal.

And we have all seen so many fights on here with people saying the science says no . . . now people are saying they should have said wear them at the begining . . . au contrare!

Someone I see often shopping said she wasn't going to wear her anymore because so few are wearing them now she feels embarrassed doing so.

"

It's far from over...if anything it's just beginning. Stick with wearing one

doncaster

"About effin time

I've been wearing them for the past month!"

I've been wearing them over 2 months

" It's asking a bit much of bus drivers,station staff or guards to be enforcing this. There are some very obstinate people around (and stupid people) who even now refuse to take this whole thing seriously. "
#

Oh I don't know, just try getting on the underground without a ticket. Or a bus.

Liverpool

" It's asking a bit much of bus drivers,station staff or guards to be enforcing this. There are some very obstinate people around (and stupid people) who even now refuse to take this whole thing seriously. #

Oh I don't know, just try getting on the underground without a ticket. Or a bus. "

Exactly the point I was trying to make.They can control people getting on but,once people are on the bus it would be more difficult.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Odd isn't it? I have worn one since day one - don't care what the science says, it just simply makes sense that having a covering and not having a covering would make a difference, however marginal.

"

I was initially against mass mask usage but my mind changed when the evidence did (and non medical masks became more widely available).

I think this is a good move, but implemented too late and not widely enough. Make it so in shops, anywhere inside that isn't a family home.

My understanding is that this should not be used as a substitute for distancing, and both individuals and authorities need to work together to ensure that distancing continues.

On tubes much like the non alcohol it will become self policing through peer pressure. Most will do it to avoid confrontation.

Liverpool

"On tubes much like the non alcohol it will become self policing through peer pressure. Most will do it to avoid confrontation. "

Well,if I saw someone on the bus take their mask off,I'd be prepared to 'tut' but not to risk getting beaten up or having them cough in my face. We all want to avoid confrontation these days,don't we?

Herne Bay

Do you honestly think people won’t wear the same mask all week ? Then what good will it do be full of germs

I don't understand why not in shops in as well? Had to dodge 2 coughers recently.

Really feel for the staff who have work there as well.

"On tubes much like the non alcohol it will become self policing through peer pressure. Most will do it to avoid confrontation. "

Agreed

"Do you honestly think people won’t wear the same mask all week ? Then what good will it do be full of germs "

Unless the person next to you touchs your mask...it will be a lot of good to them. Now if the wearer doesn't look after his/her mask...well its thier downfall eh.

"I don't understand why not in shops in as well? Had to dodge 2 coughers recently.

Really feel for the staff who have work there as well."

I agree. But you know how slow this bunch of clowns are.eh

By *egasus NobMan  over a year ago

London

I can see the future high-end design face mask lol

By *ood at oralMan  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Take everyone that wears a mask in one shop will have a new mask with them to wear if they go into another shop

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Are these the same face masks that were deamed of little effectiveness when there was no supply?

The over hasty and panicked lockdown cannot be lifted tomorow without becoming a laughing stock, so implement some rule to make it appear "we're following the science"

Meanwhile thousands of Bame and their followers can "protest" and the London Tube has been running for weeks with no such rule..

It's a joke now surely?

Carry on as normal, it's passed 99% of us and won't return

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Do you honestly think people won’t wear the same mask all week ? Then what good will it do be full of germs "

Exactly this and they are expensive to buy!

"Take everyone that wears a mask in one shop will have a new mask with them to wear if they go into another shop "

Sorry mate...I noticed your username and I guess that's you fecked eh

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

And come and sit right next to you because they must be safe as they have a mask on

"Do you honestly think people won’t wear the same mask all week ? Then what good will it do be full of germs

Exactly this and they are expensive to buy! "

These are not medical grade...you can make them from old t-shirts

doncaster

"Take everyone that wears a mask in one shop will have a new mask with them to wear if they go into another shop

Sorry mate...I noticed your username and I guess that's you fecked eh "

hahaha

" It's asking a bit much of bus drivers,station staff or guards to be enforcing this. There are some very obstinate people around (and stupid people) who even now refuse to take this whole thing seriously. #

Oh I don't know, just try getting on the underground without a ticket. Or a bus.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.They can control people getting on but,once people are on the bus it would be more difficult. "

Well it's the same as smoking you don't see people light up any more, but the driver has to police it.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I don't normally use public transport unless I have to, for the last three months I have walked when I can; taken the car as little as possible when I couldn't walk.

There is no way I am going on public transport till this is all over.

For those that have to through necessity rather than choice, I assumed that they would be wearing face coverings anyway without having to be told, maybe I am wrong ?

Manchester (she/her)

Exactly the point I was trying to make.They can control people getting on but,once people are on the bus it would be more difficult. Well it's the same as smoking you don't see people light up any more, but the driver has to police it."

I still see people lighting up occasionally. And no one, including drivers, tells them to stop because no one wants to be attacked.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.They can control people getting on but,once people are on the bus it would be more difficult. Well it's the same as smoking you don't see people light up any more, but the driver has to police it.

I still see people lighting up occasionally. And no one, including drivers, tells them to stop because no one wants to be attacked."

Nearly all public transport has got CCTV...so that should be helpful especially when they introduce fines for offenders

I'm very lucky that using public transport tends to stick to planes. I'd hate to have to rely on public transport or live in urbanisation where isolating is hard

"Take everyone that wears a mask in one shop will have a new mask with them to wear if they go into another shop "

Why ? You don’t need to change your mask unless you touch it/ adjust it or it gets wet !

You can go in several shops and home with same mask on unless you touch it !

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Not really sure why they have only just decided this now, to be honest. "

The use of masks on public transport and in other areas where distancing wasn't possible was announced on 11th May, along with advice on how to make them.

Making it a condition of travel today is probably down to the advice being ignored at a time when it is reasonable to expect higher use of transport as shops open.

The purpose of the masks is to stop you breathibgvgerms out not to stop you catching covid-19. I think a few people are missing that point. That's why a fairly basic one will suffuce

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Again....too little too bloody late!

We are just glad that we dont have to use public transport.

We have been coming out of lockdown , now they demand we wear masks in public transport ? This should of happened in March

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I don't understand why not in shops in as well? Had to dodge 2 coughers recently.

Really feel for the staff who have work there as well."

"I don't understand why not in shops in as well?"

It would be good to wear them in shops too, however, in some shops the staff will control how many people can enter at a given time to avoid overcrowding.

With public transport its hard to maintain social distance during peak periods that's why they make it mandatory.

But I agree that shops should be included too because once people are in they don't always follow social distance like what we see in some supermarkets.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We only do immediate changes, like announcing on a Sunday evening that work can start the same week, when it causes maximum inconvenience and may increase risk

We only do immediate changes, like announcing on a Sunday evening that work can start the same week, when it causes maximum inconvenience and may increase risk "

Aye but he did record the announcement days before we seen it...now that was a dickhead move

"We have been coming out of lockdown , now they demand we wear masks in public transport ? This should of happened in March "

I agree as I dont use public transport but I was using them in any inside public spaces in march

By *andrxCouple  over a year ago

bedford

It dosent matter if the protection is minimal 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing .

"It dosent matter if the protection is minimal 1% of something is better than 100% of nothing ."

I read somewhere a while back that a old t_shirt would stop around 50% but a tea towel stops around 70% from getting to the wearer...but if everyone is wearing one. It's not rocket science

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

The wearing of masks they say is not to stop you getting the virus but to stop you passing it on to others if you have no symptoms

A long time overdue

Simple measures save lives

"The wearing of masks they say is not to stop you getting the virus but to stop you passing it on to others if you have no symptoms"

But if we all wear one it cuts the infection rate...as said many times on here, it was so bloody obvious to most but better late then never

"A long time overdue

Simple measures save lives"

Agreed

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid

"Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid "

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I would assume to give people time to buy them. I got a washable one off Amazon in 24 hrs but when I was looking there were 2 and 3 week delivery dates for some. It suggests to me as well that TFL will be putting some services back on."

There was a delay initially on most stuff from amazon but recently they’ve started to deliver much quicker than the stated dates. I got mine from boohoo couple of months ago where delivery was much faster.

Manchester (she/her)

"Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid "

How many deaths before people accept that this might be something to worry about?

By *xycpl699Couple  over a year ago

kilmarnock

"Again....too little too bloody late!"

London

Is that something you read in some Science Journal......... ?

Or is it one of your own personal quotes of the day?

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Bit of a cut and paste job but below is an article which describes the experiment I mentioned in a post last week

"Led by Professor Yuen Kwok-yung, one of the world's top coronavirus experts, the team placed hamsters that were artificially infected with the disease next to healthy animals.

Surgical masks were placed between the two cages with air flow travelling from the infected animals to the healthy ones.

The researchers found non-contact transmission of the virus could be reduced by more than 60 per cent when the masks were used.

Two thirds of the healthy hamsters were infected within a week if no masks were applied.

The infection rate plunged to just over 15 per cent when surgical masks were put on the cage of the infected animals and by about 35 per cent when placed on the cage with the healthy hamsters.

Those that did become infected were also found to have less of the virus within their bodies than those infected without a mask.

"It's very clear that the effect of masking the infected, especially when they are asymptomatic - or symptomatic - it's much more important than anything else," Prof Yuen told reporters Sunday.

Armed with knowledge from that fight, he advised Hong Kongers early in the current pandemic to adopt universal masking, something embraced by the city's residents.

Four months after its first Covid-19 case was detected, Hong Kong has largely managed to contain the disease with just over 1,000 infections and four deaths.

But regardless, I'll go with the wearing of them. Should be a public duty to do so.

'After all, we are all in this together'.

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

"We have been coming out of lockdown , now they demand we wear masks in public transport ? This should of happened in March "

Why did you need to be told to wear one is what you should be asking yourselves

Have people lost they there ability to use common sense

if I had to use public transport I would have been wearing one without waiting to been told to wear one be Yr own safety officer and look after Yr own needs to stay safe

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

To those with beards, you are wasting your time. The mask will not give you a decent seal, to stop you inhaling the virus or exhaling it.

Manchester (she/her)

"Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid

But regardless, I'll go with the wearing of them. Should be a public duty to do so.

'After all, we are all in this together'.

"

Yes.

I protect you, you protect me.

"

Why did you need to be told to wear one is what you should be asking yourselves "

Agree. People often say we don't want a Nanny State. But argue at the same time that the Government aren't telling them what to do.

Unless you are 5 years old - it's kinda' damn fooking simple really.

"To those with beards, you are wasting your time. The mask will not give you a decent seal, to stop you inhaling the virus or exhaling it."

Some women are going to resent that comment lol.

Herne Bay

Agree

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

I've been at work all during the lockdown and travel on public transport.

My observation has been people wearing face coverings think they have forcefields around them and no longer think they can catch COVID.

Social distancing no longer matters, they are quite happy to high 5 people they know and stand in groups on the platform and on the trains.

Unless people actually know how to use them properly they are pointless.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid Agree"

The point of any kind of face covering is to reduce the propulsion of peoples breath. It doesn't even have to be air tight. See my post above

"I've been at work all during the lockdown and travel on public transport.

My observation has been people wearing face coverings think they have forcefields around them and no longer think they can catch COVID.

Social distancing no longer matters, they are quite happy to high 5 people they know and stand in groups on the platform and on the trains.

Unless people actually know how to use them properly they are pointless."

And do you wear one on public transport?

When I finally return to working at the office I have a 40 minute tube journey. As much as I will wear a mask it is all the hand contact that is as much an issue.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

And do you wear one on public transport? "

No I don't.

And do you wear one on public transport?

No I don't."

Dont know how to use them properly then

For people wondering why not in shops its really about time. On public transport you'll be in close proximity to someone for an extended period of time where the risk will be higher. In a shop its likely you'll be just walking past or be in close proximity for a moment so the risk is significantly lower.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"When I finally return to working at the office I have a 40 minute tube journey. As much as I will wear a mask it is all the hand contact that is as much an issue. "

and what's dripping on people. I once saw green slime dripping from the ceiling of a tube walkway.

I always said it's a death trap.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Too little too late.

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

"

Why did you need to be told to wear one is what you should be asking yourselves

Agree. People often say we don't want a Nanny State. But argue at the same time that the Government aren't telling them what to do.

Unless you are 5 years old - it's kinda' damn fooking simple really.

"

"

and what's dripping on people. I once saw green slime dripping from the ceiling of a tube walkway.

I always said it's a death trap.

"

Ghostbusters. Who ya' gonna' call?'

Liverpool

"The wearing of masks they say is not to stop you getting the virus but to stop you passing it on to others if you have no symptoms"

This is the reason everyone should be wearing one. Those that refuse are being selfish,risking the health of everyone else.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK has decided to become a selective echo chamber of what other countries managed by more intelligent and responsible leaders say and dom

Often it takes several months for us to hear and parrot it again. Screening incoming passengers - we did 290 passengers at the start of the year, 18.1 million left alone. We then make all isolate from June 8th, once we're the 2nd worst for deaths in the world.

We drop track and tracing in March. We try to restart it in June but say it'll probably be September until it's fully operational. Other countries, like Germany, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea have done it well all along.

We've slept walked into a banana republic, led by airhead distators serving their own ends.

By *rank speakerMan  over a year ago

Worcester

"Not really sure why they have only just decided this now, to be honest.

Probably because Michael O'Leary...the boss of Ryanair called them out for it last night

"

I'm afraid I'm going to show my cynical side again. Money talks, as usual? I'm feeling sorry for the poor sods who work in London. Try and go by car,bike,motor bike? I've long thought the commuter trains and tube would be an absolute breeding ground for infection and is rather showing the insanity of all the London centric polices of the last few years? And the fiasco of the commons meeting and then going back to their constituency rather highlights the madness? The only reason the London sewers were eventually built was because parliament was being inconvenienced?

For heavens sake spread the jobs and wealth around the country a bit more. This will make for a healthier economy for the country and much fairer on the impoverished areas?

Good luck lemmings?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"So on the 15th of June you will need to wear a face covering to use public transport.

Your thoughts?"

A selection of comments from the BBC News website 'Have your Say' section on this subject:

"Lockdown... Too late

Flight arrivals quarantine... Too late

Masks on public transport... Too late"

"Surely if you suspect that you are infected, you should be self isolating. Not travelling around on public transport."

"As a staunch Conservative.. the gov's handling of the pandemic has been and is *H O R R I F I C*"

"I genuinely think that if I rounded up the d*unks in the pub at closing time we could have handled this crisis better than the government."

"What if I'm only taking public transport to test my eyesight? Then the rules don't apply to me right?"

And so on ...

My thoughts? Any tiny bit of belief I might have had in the Government (and given who we're talking about here, it was microscopic) 10 weeks ago, has disappeared.

To suggest that a Labour government would have been even worse is facile and no more than opinion.

Even if you believe that their response would have been worse, you are logically admitting that this is the best any UK government could have done - which is obviously utter shite.

Bit late in the day for that to make any difference to all the people who have died because the government failed to make it compulsory from day one.

Still if a mask makes you feel safer then don't forget the full ppe suit just in case the mask doesn't protect you fully

there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?"

I think many do need telling

Leeds

"Do you honestly think people won’t wear the same mask all week ? Then what good will it do be full of germs

These are not medical grade...you can make them from old t-shirts "

I don’t have any old tee shirts, I can’t sew and I’m too busy. If Boris says I’ve to wear a mask then he should supply me with them! We are not all rich like him!

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

"The jury’s out on if wearing masks is good or bad in the scientific world "

If a man with no pants on wees on you, then your getting covered in wee.

If a man with pants on tries to wee in your direction, hes only wetting himself.

You wear a mask to protect others, and you rely on other people to do the same to protect you.

From what I read it said face coverings..it doesn't state a mask or a minimal standard etc...so a scarf wrapped round your face is a covering is it doing much good is the question...possibly it may limit the spread if you have the virus....

"About effin time

I bought FFP3 masks in january...I had been watching it closely."

Do they have a valve at the front? And they need to be fit tested by a qualified fit tester so you know they fit correctly.

Well using ffp3 masks is good, however they need to be worn correctly checked to ensure that you are compatible with the particular mask. Put on and taken off in the correct way and most importantly disposed of correctly..have seen hundreds of disposable gloves and a few masks littering the floor. Gloves and masks worn incorrectly...so without comprehensive training for the entire country its like putting your finger in a dam breach

"Bit late in the day for that to make any difference to all the people who have died because the government failed to make it compulsory from day one.

Still if a mask makes you feel safer then don't forget the full ppe suit just in case the mask doesn't protect you fully"

It's never too late with only 5% of the population thought to have caught this.

I still say we have hardly started yet!

there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?

I think many do need telling "

I don’t have any old tee shirts, I can’t sew and I’m too busy. If Boris says I’ve to wear a mask then he should supply me with them! We are not all rich like him! "

Does he pay for your bus fare...or your passport to travel. Get real they are around a quid each to buy

Well that's the last bus or train I travel on for a while. What's happening about taxi's ?

"From what I read it said face coverings..it doesn't state a mask or a minimal standard etc...so a scarf wrapped round your face is a covering is it doing much good is the question...possibly it may limit the spread if you have the virus...."

Yep it's dead easy to cover your face...but some think it is soooooo hard to do. Talk about needing a nanny state eh

"Well that's the last bus or train I travel on for a while. What's happening about taxi's ?"

I would hope the same....unless you have no respect for the taxi driver...

Looks like I wont be getting a taxi for a while either then , out of respect for the driver of course

"Looks like I wont be getting a taxi for a while either then , out of respect for the driver of course

"

Cobblers....you will need a good one

"About effin time

Do they have a valve at the front? And they need to be fit tested by a qualified fit tester so you know they fit correctly."

Only to comply with Health and Safety standards as a duty of care from an employers perspective, not required at all when buying for personal use.

"The jury’s out on if wearing masks is good or bad in the scientific world

If a man with no pants on wees on you, then your getting covered in wee.

If a man with pants on tries to wee in your direction, hes only wetting himself. "

Both are acceptable

My first thought when it was announced there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?"

Well said

My first thought when it was announced there was nothing stopping you wearing them before or do you need the government to tell you everything?

Well said "

And dont forget my reply to that

"From what I read it said face coverings..it doesn't state a mask or a minimal standard etc...so a scarf wrapped round your face is a covering is it doing much good is the question...possibly it may limit the spread if you have the virus...."

Leeds

I don’t have any old tee shirts, I can’t sew and I’m too busy. If Boris says I’ve to wear a mask then he should supply me with them! We are not all rich like him!

Does he pay for your bus fare...or your passport to travel. Get real they are around a quid each to buy "

I don’t use the bus and I don’t travel abroad. £1 each and changing them every 2 hours so the £1 could be £5 a day, £35 a week. Get real indeed!

Does he pay for your bus fare...or your passport to travel. Get real they are around a quid each to buy

I don’t use the bus and I don’t travel abroad. £1 each and changing them every 2 hours so the £1 could be £5 a day, £35 a week. Get real indeed! "

These are washable ffs

I don’t have any old tee shirts, I can’t sew and I’m too busy. If Boris says I’ve to wear a mask then he should supply me with them! We are not all rich like him! "

Too busy !! I’ve read it all now !! Plenty time to be on forums but not enough time to sort protection

"About effin time

Do they have a valve at the front? And they need to be fit tested by a qualified fit tester so you know they fit correctly.

Only to comply with Health and Safety standards as a duty of care from an employers perspective, not required at all when buying for personal use. "

But if they have a valve at the front droplets can escape and also from sides if not tight fitting

"About effin time

Only to comply with Health and Safety standards as a duty of care from an employers perspective, not required at all when buying for personal use.

But if they have a valve at the front droplets can escape and also from sides if not tight fitting "

If you have no mask everything gets in or out ffs. So just look for problems to fit thier agenda

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Always knew this it’s happened in most country post lockdown, makes perfect sense. I bought 100 KN95s a while back

"Always knew this it’s happened in most country post lockdown, makes perfect sense. I bought 100 KN95s a while back "

I hope they were not the Chinese RIP off ones that I could have picked up for a dollar for a bag of 12....seems they found thier way to Europe a few weeks later and got sent back

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Sad times, another step back for equality

I know disabled people are exempt but it can't be fun if they can't even use public transport without justification

"Sad times, another step back for equality

I know disabled people are exempt but it can't be fun if they can't even use public transport without justification "

Sorry but I dont see how it has anything to do with equality...more to do with common sense to me...

Liverpool

All those who say 'but masks are not very effective', before Covid,if you coughed or sneezed in a public area,would you have covered your mouth with a tissue,a handkerchief or even your hand,,,,or would you have just sprayed saliva and mucus all over the place?

Even if wearing a mask is only as effective as the sort of measure any decent person would previously have used,well it's better than nothing isn't it?

"About effin time

But if they have a valve at the front droplets can escape and also from sides if not tight fitting

If you have no mask everything gets in or out ffs. So just look for problems to fit thier agenda "

Not fitting anyones agenda. The point was actually yours....a bad fitting mask that allows droplets out is pointless. So if people csnt wear them correctly why bother? They are better of with the fluid resistant masks covering moth and face

By *egalBeetleWoman  over a year ago

London

I'll just say it.

I hate that I have to buy/make masks. Covid is a public health issue and I feel the government should be providing masks for us as there isnt much they can do to ensure social distancing and safe practice while keeping the economy working.

I worked during lockdown, why isnt my tax helping me?!

I work in a hospital, many of us cant keep social distancing because of our work.. now I have to ensure I have a mask for my trips.

Pffttt

But keep safe and all that.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'll just say it.

I hate that I have to buy/make masks. Covid is a public health issue and I feel the government should be providing masks for us as there isnt much they can do to ensure social distancing and safe practice while keeping the economy working.

I worked during lockdown, why isnt my tax helping me?!

I work in a hospital, many of us cant keep social distancing because of our work.. now I have to ensure I have a mask for my trips.

Pffttt

But keep safe and all that. "

It is some bullshit.

"I'll just say it.

"

So. The Government to supply 65 million masks a day?

London

"About effin time

If you have no mask everything gets in or out ffs. So just look for problems to fit thier agenda

Not fitting anyones agenda. The point was actually yours....a bad fitting mask that allows droplets out is pointless. So if people csnt wear them correctly why bother? They are better of with the fluid resistant masks covering moth and face "

..."So if people csnt wear them correctly why bother?...."

Does a bad fitted mask allow ALL droplets out ??

Certainly not.

And if it allow some droplets but also stops some droplets, then that's surely better than not having any mask on at all.

You should also note that we were not told to exclusively wear masks, it says "face coverings" which can include scarfs etc

Now, if you need to be taught how to cover part of your face with a scarf then you have a problem.

London

"I'll just say it.

So. The Government to supply 65 million masks a day? "

Have you not read about other countries supplying their citizens with masks? Or at least asking for a small fee for masks providing by governments.

It helps the community to get into wearing them by feeling like the government is doing something instead of just telling people to wear a mask.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'll just say it.

Other countries are supplying masks. It'd seem to me that a pack of washable masks for every person over two would be possible and would probably save money in the long run helping with compliance and slowing the spread.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

When are the "re education camps" opening

Manchester (she/her)

... people do seem to be need to be told how to fit a mask correctly, too. In fact medical staff are trained on it.

London

There definitely is a lack of education for the masses about the virus and protective equipment.

I'm all for educating others as it helps with the anxieties.

I see so many people "exercising" while wearing a mask over their face only (nose not covered), gloves that they use to touch everything including their phone.

I'm all for wearing whatever makes you feel safe but be safe not hypervigilent for nothing.

Argh the people who walk on the road when they pass me because of being 2m apart... I'm like "fam I'm walking to work! You just out for a walk! Stay home until later instead of acting like I'm the plague".

Rant over lol

"About effin time

Not fitting anyones agenda. The point was actually yours....a bad fitting mask that allows droplets out is pointless. So if people csnt wear them correctly why bother? They are better of with the fluid resistant masks covering moth and face "

I wear properly fitted masks for myself.

This is not about FFP3 masks though...its about a scarf..a cut up sock..teatowel or t-shirt...because if we all wear something it is obviously better then nothing. I just dont understand when some people just cant grasp that logic

Manchester (she/her)

"There definitely is a lack of education for the masses about the virus and protective equipment.

I see so many people "exercising" while wearing a mask over their face only (nose not covered), gloves that they use to touch everything including their phone.

I'm all for wearing whatever makes you feel safe but be safe not hypervigilent for nothing.

Argh the people who walk on the road when they pass me because of being 2m apart... I'm like "fam I'm walking to work! You just out for a walk! Stay home until later instead of acting like I'm the plague".

Rant over lol"

I think there's a lot of misinformation and ignorance. Exacerbated by the condescending "and this is how we wash our hands!"

Most of us got it in March. Can we move on to things like donning, doffing, creating a seal, and fomites? Treat us like adults?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Wearing masks are there to make the wearer feel better and make some others feel safer ..... the reality is they do neither..... they’ll just make some people more paranoid

How many deaths before people accept that this might be something to worry about?"

Unfortunately there are plenty of people around who will still be denying that there's anything to worry about even when they're dying from it.

Manchester (she/her)

"About effin time

Not fitting anyones agenda. The point was actually yours....a bad fitting mask that allows droplets out is pointless. So if people csnt wear them correctly why bother? They are better of with the fluid resistant masks covering moth and face

This is not about FFP3 masks though...its about a scarf..a cut up sock..teatowel or t-shirt...because if we all wear something it is obviously better then nothing. I just dont understand when some people just cant grasp that logic "

The problem is the people, who clearly exist, who believe that wearing a mask like a necklace makes them invulnerable and that social distancing no longer applies. No. Put it on properly and still keep away from me please.

Manchester (she/her)

How many deaths before people accept that this might be something to worry about?

Unfortunately there are plenty of people around who will still be denying that there's anything to worry about even when they're dying from it."

Oh I've heard stories about that

"About effin time

This is not about FFP3 masks though...its about a scarf..a cut up sock..teatowel or t-shirt...because if we all wear something it is obviously better then nothing. I just dont understand when some people just cant grasp that logic

The problem is the people, who clearly exist, who believe that wearing a mask like a necklace makes them invulnerable and that social distancing no longer applies. No. Put it on properly and still keep away from me please."

You mean a bit like a little brat at school who has to wear a school tie..but they wear it nothing like it's meant to be worn? Yeah I think theres a few of them posted on this thread

Where is the scientific evidence to prove that wearing my woolly snood will stop anything ? It's a bit like trying to stop a mosquito with 50g chicken wire.

London

"There definitely is a lack of education for the masses about the virus and protective equipment.

Rant over lol

I think there's a lot of misinformation and ignorance. Exacerbated by the condescending "and this is how we wash our hands!"

Most of us got it in March. Can we move on to things like donning, doffing, creating a seal, and fomites? Treat us like adults?"

I meannn... can we really treat our society like "adults" when many took lockdown as a holiday. I know in my area so many people were out exercising and in parks at the start of lockdown like this is a break from work.

Cant blame them when our government treats covid like a joke too.

Theres no leading, no learning and definitely no guidance.

"Where is the scientific evidence to prove that wearing my woolly snood will stop anything ? It's a bit like trying to stop a mosquito with 50g chicken wire.

"

And where is your scientific evidence on the chicken wire?

Manchester (she/her)

Rant over lol

Most of us got it in March. Can we move on to things like donning, doffing, creating a seal, and fomites? Treat us like adults?

I meannn... can we really treat our society like "adults" when many took lockdown as a holiday. I know in my area so many people were out exercising and in parks at the start of lockdown like this is a break from work.

Theres no leading, no learning and definitely no guidance. "

Oh I agree, but at least put the information out there. More people will be reached by it if it's put out officially, this is how you treat the outside of the mask as contaminated, pinching the nose to seal, etc, than yet another round of happy fucking birthday.

Idiocy is on both sides, but maybe government intervention will reduce the number of idiots (or clueless people), you know?

Rant over lol

Theres no leading, no learning and definitely no guidance. "

I can sympathise to some degree on that as they have done a lousy job so far...but I've always felt that face masks were a essential tool against this. Singing happy birthday for 20 seconds was one part...but I used to scream...what about the fecking masks

London

[Removed by poster at 05/06/20 13:35:09]

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

So what about the thousands of people who have used or are going to usepublic transport without using masks until the date where you have to use them? This is Not making sense at all.

London

"I'll just say it.

"So. The Government to supply 65 million masks a day?"

I get your point and I understand where you are coming from, although some other countries have helped provide masks for their own residents.

If the government provides masks, it will be cheaper in cost compared to the cost of treating an infected people in hospital.

Also some people can't be bothered to buy one or make one, so if they are given one, then they have less excuse not to use one.

And the government will not have to give out 65 millions masks since not all 65 million of the population use public transport or have to use it everyday when they do.

Manchester (she/her)

Rant over lol

Theres no leading, no learning and definitely no guidance.

I can sympathise to some degree on that as they have done a lousy job so far...but I've always felt that face masks were a essential tool against this. Singing happy birthday for 20 seconds was one part...but I used to scream...what about the fecking masks "

The experts I've been following have changed their minds on this. Initially the view was, save them for those who needed them most. There's doubts about levels of efficacy. What it might mean for compliance with social distancing.

But ultimately the benefit outweighs the risks. We just need to make sure as many people as possible who know what's going on and how to do these things properly.

"I'll just say it.

I get your point and I understand where you are coming from, although some other countries have helped provide masks for their own residents.

If the government provides masks, it will be cheaper in cost compared to the cost of treating an infected people in hospital.

Also some people can't be bothered to buy one or make one, so if they are given one, then they have less excuse not to use one.

And the government will not have to give out 65 millions masks since not all 65 million of the population use public transport or have to use to everyday when they do."

The government is calling them face coverings...and telling you to make your own....because the stock is not out there to buy...and if we wait until it is it will be too late.

London

I guess we are saying wear a face covering just have education on what each type provides protection wise.

A scarf vs a homemade mask vs a surgical mask vs a fp3 etc.

Tell people how to wear them and how to use them correctly and dispose of.

Yes a mask is needed. But wearing it incorrectly has no protection.

London

There is stock... that's why the public has it haha. The government did not listen to advice years ago about prepping for a potential pandemic and also are too cheap to buy them for the nhs.

"I guess we are saying wear a face covering just have education on what each type provides protection wise.

A scarf vs a homemade mask vs a surgical mask vs a fp3 etc.

Tell people how to wear them and how to use them correctly and dispose of.

Yes a mask is needed. But wearing it incorrectly has no protection."

Not no protection...but yes I agree there is varying protection depending on the mask and if worn correctly.

Manchester (she/her)

"There is stock... that's why the public has it haha. The government did not listen to advice years ago about prepping for a potential pandemic and also are too cheap to buy them for the nhs. "

Yeah. The government are just yet again finding a way to avoid taking responsibility for public health.

We all need to play our part... Including the powers that be.

London

"I'll just say it.

And the government will not have to give out 65 millions masks since not all 65 million of the population use public transport or have to use to everyday when they do.

The government is calling them face coverings...and telling you to make your own....because the stock is not out there to buy...and if we wait until it is it will be too late."

I agree, and part of what you've said, I've agreed to that too in some of my posts on this thread.

I'm just saying that if or when the governments helps out in this regard it will be useful too.

I've been using face coverings since March, but some others can't be bothered. If you supply those people with masks/ face covering, then they'll have no excuse for not wearing one.

By *ewkesbury cowboyMan  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

I ordered a face mask the day just before we went into lockdown. It's arriving today at some point

"I ordered a face mask the day just before we went into lockdown. It's arriving today at some point"

I should stick it on the ground and dance round it for the amount of good it will do.

"If you supply those people with masks/ face covering, then they'll have no excuse for not wearing one."

If they are not wearing them now then it's unlikely that they will wear them. Then only lawful compulsion will fix that.

London

"If you supply those people with masks/ face covering, then they'll have no excuse for not wearing one.

If they are not wearing them now then it's unlikely that they will wear them. Then only lawful compulsion will fix that.

"

Point taken

Leeds

Too busy !! I’ve read it all now !! Plenty time to be on forums but not enough time to sort protection "

I check the forums now and again not constantly but that’s not the thread topic how long I spend on the forums!

By *extus1951Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

The way in which we are giving away our hard-won individual freedoms to an all-powerful State continue to mystify and scare me..... all because The State says, in that final refuge of a dictatorship, that it's "for our own good"

We are supine and servile!!

Manchester (she/her)

"The way in which we are giving away our hard-won individual freedoms to an all-powerful State continue to mystify and scare me..... all because The State says, in that final refuge of a dictatorship, that it's "for our own good"

We are supine and servile!! "

... By asking that people cover their mouths and noses, during a pandemic of a disease spread through respiratory excretions, in confined spaces?

Shrewsbury

In short, yes!

Our government's over-reaction to this virus will harm more people than the virus itself.

Just wait for the screams of anguish when, due to the destruction of the tax-base, we will be unable to fund any sort of NHS, public services such as Education or Defence......

And the inability to pay state benefits....

We are going mad!

Normality must resume NOW

Manchester (she/her)

"In short, yes!

Our government's over-reaction to this virus will harm more people than the virus itself.

Just wait for the screams of anguish when, due to the destruction of the tax-base, we will be unable to fund any sort of NHS, public services such as Education or Defence......

We are going mad!

Normality must resume NOW"

I'm much more concerned about other things the government is doing. Taking (inadequate, delayed, and removed too soon) established public health measures to contain a virus with a significant death toll and unknown long term consequences is right and proper.

If you think saving lives from a communicable disease is tyranny, then I have no idea what to tell you.

Except cover your face and stay away from people to stop the spread.

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

"In short, yes!

We are going mad!

Given the huge numbers of doctors, nurses and other health professionals who have died because of Covid not to mention bus drivers and other frontline workers, I don't think its a government over reaction.

Living in France where the government has taken more decisive action I would say that the UK response has been an under-reaction!

"In short, yes!

We are going mad!

It's the forthcoming no deal Brexit that will do those things, not this pandemic, even though it's effects were compounded by an incompetent government.

The effects of Covid-19 can be mitigated by government borrowing, however the economic hit of a no deal Brexit on top of the fall out from this virus will be difficult to recover from.

The government did not overreact to this pandemic. Had we not gone into lockdown then the NHS would have been swamped and many more people would have died. If anything they under reacted, because had they locked down more quickly, then we would now be in a far better position to restart the economy and return to a more normal way of life. As things now stand, we better hope that there is no second wave, because sick and self-isolating people cannot work and the economy will still falter.

"In short, yes!

We are going mad!

Normality must resume NOW

I'm much more concerned about other things the government is doing. Taking (inadequate, delayed, and removed too soon) established public health measures to contain a virus with a significant death toll and unknown long term consequences is right and proper.

If you think saving lives from a communicable disease is tyranny, then I have no idea what to tell you.

Except cover your face and stay away from people to stop the spread."

Couldn't agree more

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Fuck yes and should de worn in public too that'll shut up all the arseholes that point and laugh at people wearing them

Yes it should of been there from the start, better late then never.

"Fuck yes and should de worn in public too that'll shut up all the arseholes that point and laugh at people wearing them"

So I've got to be forced to wear one soon so that people don't laugh at other people that wear them.

That's laughable.

Shrewsbury

I can almost guarantee that you will think differently when we cut ALL public services in the future, due to having no state funding, and if you think that will be the only result of this, then consider :no public transport;

no manufacturing or indeed any tax-paying enterprise ;

Destruction of the Green Belt to house the remaining businesses in mega-premises because of "social distancing" rules;

greater use of cars containing just one person, again due to social distancing

and I could go on....

The environmental and economic disaster which we are visiting willingly upon ourselves is staggering in magnitude

I say again supine and servile, to which I now add unthinking.

"I can almost guarantee that you will think differently when we cut ALL public services in the future, due to having no state funding, and if you think that will be the only result of this, then consider :no public transport;

no manufacturing or indeed any tax-paying enterprise ;

Destruction of the Green Belt to house the remaining businesses in mega-premises because of "social distancing" rules;

greater use of cars containing just one person, again due to social distancing

and I could go on....

The environmental and economic disaster which we are visiting willingly upon ourselves is staggering in magnitude

I say again supine and servile, to which I now add unthinking. "

Wanna buy a sandwich board? The end is neigh

Shrewsbury

I do like gallows humour!

I should of course have mentioned

No sex clubs

No sex other than with members of one's own household;

No pubs or social gatherings at which to meet potential sexual partners....

Now you need a face covering to go into a hospital as either a patient or visitor...

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Now you need a face covering to go into a hospital as either a patient or visitor..."

I better go and get some, we've suddenly got our delayed medical appointments coming out of our ears! Which is a good thing

"Now you need a face covering to go into a hospital as either a patient or visitor...

I better go and get some, we've suddenly got our delayed medical appointments coming out of our ears! Which is a good thing "

Hey if I had to go to a hospital atm...no bugger would have needed to tell me to wear one

chelmsford

"Now you need a face covering to go into a hospital as either a patient or visitor...

I better go and get some, we've suddenly got our delayed medical appointments coming out of our ears! Which is a good thing

Hey if I had to go to a hospital atm...no bugger would have needed to tell me to wear one "

Quite right

Hey if I had to go to a hospital atm...no bugger would have needed to tell me to wear one

Quite right "

Hope your appointments go well

The End

chelmsford

Thank you x