FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 1 Metre or 2 Metres

1 Metre or 2 Metres

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So the hospitality industry is pushing for social distancing of 1 metre.

Now I understand they are struggling and I get a little where they are coming from but...is it really advisable to rush into this at this stage.

Your thoughts

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So the hospitality industry is pushing for social distancing of 1 metre.

Now I understand they are struggling and I get a little where they are coming from but...is it really advisable to rush into this at this stage.

Your thoughts"

3m is a more sensible option i mean do you want to die for your food

Your thoughts3m is a more sensible option i mean do you want to die for your food "

Good point!

... and it wouldn't even be because of gluttony!

World health organisation recommended 1m not 2

Your thoughts3m is a more sensible option i mean do you want to die for your food

Good point!

... and it wouldn't even be because of gluttony! "

trueit would be because of distance

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

How about 0 metres, I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was for hospital capacity and to flattern the curve. Life has risk,always has and always will. its time to get back to normal, NOT

THE NEW NORMAL.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

1m is absolutely fine. I’m surprised they are not doing temp checks though, it’s very common in other countries. Also if food is served they will have a proper testing system of staff in place before I’ll eat there

"1m is absolutely fine. I’m surprised they are not doing temp checks though, it’s very common in other countries. Also if food is served they will have a proper testing system of staff in place before I’ll eat there "
nope no testing the food will be cold its fcuk it and see

Dubai & Nottingham

"How about 0 metres, I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was for hospital capacity and to flattern the curve. Life has risk,always has and always will. its time to get back to normal, NOT

THE NEW NORMAL. "

Tbh I’m happy with 0.5m it will stop coughs and colds and COVID-19. Wouldn’t ever want to go back to zero , health has become an asset in 2020

Dubai & Nottingham

"1m is absolutely fine. I’m surprised they are not doing temp checks though, it’s very common in other countries. Also if food is served they will have a proper testing system of staff in place before I’ll eat there nope no testing the food will be cold its fcuk it and see "

The restaurants I’ll eat in will test staff

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Lichfield

The fact that most places say two metres or 6 feet makes a mockery of it anyway. 6 foot is 183cm.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

In France it has always been 1m and the infection numbers have come down and stayed down even though practically everything is open again.

1m is fine - I think it’s yet another one of those things are gov went overboard on to try and look like in control and now the row back will confuse most.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Regardless of whether its 1m or 2m I'm in no rush to go out to a pub or restaurant anyway.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Happy to go to one metre. If anything tbh

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

"Happy to go to one metre. If anything tbh"

All this talk of having to stay 2 metres apart makes me nervous....when can I go back to my customary 5 m?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Studies show that the M2 needed are a valuable method of evaluation, based on how people move. It's not as if we're unpacked from sealed boxes and put at the table seats, until packed away again.

I think they're planning barriers between tables too.

We're rushing in to this, so must be cautious. 2m is reasonable to start with and to monitor things, with potential reductions after a month or so, if it is shown not to be causing increases in R

"Studies show that the M2 needed are a valuable method of evaluation, based on how people move. It's not as if we're unpacked from sealed boxes and put at the table seats, until packed away again.

We're rushing in to this, so must be cautious. 2m is reasonable to start with and to monitor things, with potential reductions after a month or so, if it is shown not to be causing increases in R"

That's my thoughts too

North Bucks

"Happy to go to one metre. If anything tbh

All this talk of having to stay 2 metres apart makes me nervous....when can I go back to my customary 5 m?"

Ha ha

I don't think many countries are using 2 m anymore, time to start moving on.

By *ireman28Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Nottinghamshire

1.5m

But if we go down to 1 metres in pubs when they open...do you not think a metre will be harder to enforce as it's hardly any distancing?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

1 metre is too close for me, I'll stick with 2!

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

The science is suggesting 2 meters

The business community is saying it's just an unworkable distance

2 meters is pretty far.All work environments have a bottleneck where it just doesn't work.

Doesn't make lower the distance right but I guess it's all a balance

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Advance draft data was viewed a few weeks ago to the Hospitality industry.

If it's implemented as per Govt announcements, pubs / bars won't have ppl standing at bar counters.

Hotels will likely only sell 50% of their rooms each night, with 24 hours clear of No Sale for each room after a deep clean after each previous guest's departure.

Meals will likely be limited to Breakfasts only.

But it's the costs of implementing PPE & Social distancing against suspected significant drops in guests travelling either for leisure or on business.

i think a fisherman's 12" is enough to be fair

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

Be interesting to see if there is a spike after these demo`s.

If there isn't, then that must make an argument for scrapping it altogether.

At the moment, we queue at 2m to enter a shop, then rub shoulders with others in side, and the numbers are still dropping.

Your thoughts"

Ridiculous as if covid know the difference between 1 or 2 metres lol

Blackpool

I'm guessing that most folks on this thread won't ever again be attending a music _estival or even a smaller gig then, unless a vaccine is available, which it probably won't.

Gonna be a lot of re sale tickets, maybe I'll be able to get my hands on sold out killers ticket from a social distance forever warrior who is to scared to go, no thought not

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

I think in Germany it's 2.5 metres. They're not doing too shabbily.

Your thoughts"

They probably need it to be at 1m to allow for sitting opposite each other at tables

Going into a pub is not going to be compulsory. If you don’t feel safe at 1m don’t go in.

Leicester / London

"I'm guessing that most folks on this thread won't ever again be attending a music _estival or even a smaller gig then, unless a vaccine is available, which it probably won't.

Gonna be a lot of re sale tickets, maybe I'll be able to get my hands on sold out killers ticket from a social distance forever warrior who is to scared to go, no thought not "

Or maybe athe world has rapidly changed and things we used to do...will no longer be permissible.

Not everyone is commenting on their emotion you can use logic too

"I'm guessing that most folks on this thread won't ever again be attending a music _estival or even a smaller gig then, unless a vaccine is available, which it probably won't.

Gonna be a lot of re sale tickets, maybe I'll be able to get my hands on sold out killers ticket from a social distance forever warrior who is to scared to go, no thought not "

We were supposed to see the killers last Friday. Tickets are valid for next year now

"Be interesting to see if there is a spike after these demo`s.

At the moment, we queue at 2m to enter a shop, then rub shoulders with others in side, and the numbers are still dropping."

It's confusing. No spike after the first bank holiday groups on beaches. Or nothing reported anyway.

"Studies show that the M2 needed are a valuable method of evaluation, based on how people move. It's not as if we're unpacked from sealed boxes and put at the table seats, until packed away again.

We're rushing in to this, so must be cautious. 2m is reasonable to start with and to monitor things, with potential reductions after a month or so, if it is shown not to be causing increases in R"

Blackpool

Have you heard the joke about the cure for COVID?..............................................

It's a riot

By *hilMan  over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

"The fact that most places say two metres or 6 feet makes a mockery of it anyway. 6 foot is 183cm. "

Remind me how many of Boris's fridge widths is this?

We can keep 2 metres and have another3 million or so on benefits relax it get people to work the simple answer is this if you dint feel safe stay at home for a very long time or get in with life take risk enjoy while yu are able social distance is going like it or not sure riots over the weekend are connected with lockdown from what I see most people are adearing to it any way so you may as well lift it save country rather then protecting the vulnerable less of the 2 evils

Blackpool

Another early scare about coronavirus has been tamped down: WHO doctor says asymptomatic COVID-19 transmission “appears to be rare”

This is a game changer into getting life back to normal.

Your thoughts"

WHO recommendation, 2 metres is what scientists told our government to recommend.

By *uadzillaMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

I haven't read all the comments so if someone has already said this then oh well.

Regards the 2 metres rule.

The 2 metres rules is there to protect everyone if you don't agree with it because you want a pint or want to eat in a restaurant that's your decision however think about the people who work there they may not want to die or kill one of their family members because you want a pint or some food. Also who do you think handles all of your spit covered glasses, cups, knives, forks, plates, used napkins that you've used to wipe your mouth or nose and even tooth picks that some of you use and then stick on your plate for the staff to clear away. So it's not just about the 2 metres rule what about the other things that each and every hospitality person has to deal with ??

I'm sure I'll get people saying there's risk in everything and yes I agree but we don't have to risk things just so you can live your normal selfish life

Blackpool

Most _estivals, gigs, concerts have been rescheduled for 2021, a few to November this year. So I have hope this anti Social nightmare will end soon, there's no evidence of second waves here or America, in fact I've seen reports of it mutating and weakening,

I personally think that it's better to use caution at first, then adjust things depending on how things go.

But as I said in another thread, it's irrevelant to me personally. I am high risk therefore I am not going to be drinking in pubs or eating in restaurants for a long time yet. When I have to be around people, I'll stick with my 2m until we know more.

Other people want to take the risk, that's up to them.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It doesn't make any difference if you are 1m or 2m apart if you are in an enclosed room and someone sneezes, I'll stick to takeaways.

"It doesn't make any difference if you are 1m or 2m apart if you are in an enclosed room and someone sneezes, I'll stick to takeaways."

Maybe someone making your takeaway coughs or sneezes eh

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Use the old British imperial measurements of rod or furlong.

People are not keeping their distance. I find myself always backing up when having a conversation with someone. 10mins = 50 yards.

"I think in Germany it's 2.5 metres. They're not doing too shabbily. "
Germany is actually 1.5 metres according to there latest guidance.

1m here in France works ok it seems.

T

"Use the old British imperial measurements of rod or furlong."

I like using chains

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

I think whatever distance is advised, people will always naturally end up closer unless they are really paying attention, it's easy and natural to move closer without realising when talking to someone. At least 2m is a far enough distance that you have to consciously think about it, whereas 1m is close enough to a normal conversational distance that I suspect people would easily forget and just drift into 'normal' mode.

What isn't being discussed is the length of time your close to someone. 1 metre is fine to pass someone in street, if your chatting for 15 minutes then 2 metres but if spending longer then 30 minutes then really 4 metres to stay safe.

Or we can just wait until the infection rate is much lower ie like 1 in 10,000 and think bollox to the distance I want a snog!

If your whip is 2 metres long, then there is no problem.

All seems a bit pointless to me now after the weekend, all those people crammed together, a lot of them weren't even half a meter apart let alone 2. Wondering why I have wasted my time staying away from family and friends for all this time and abiding by the rules when thousands just chose to ignore them. Oh and I am not against the BLM cause before people start calling me a racist or some shit by the way, just not happy about how they are going about it, just my opinion thou.

"I think whatever distance is advised, people will always naturally end up closer unless they are really paying attention, it's easy and natural to move closer without realising when talking to someone. At least 2m is a far enough distance that you have to consciously think about it, whereas 1m is close enough to a normal conversational distance that I suspect people would easily forget and just drift into 'normal' mode. "

I'm with you on that one as people will always push the limits and if the bar is set at 2 metres it has a chance. I just think as it's coming down now it's best not to change things for another few weeks

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

If it was 1 metre there would be people saying it should be 2 and that it was only 1 to save the government money,whatever it is you wont please everyone especially on here.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Be interesting to see if there is a spike after these demo`s.

At the moment, we queue at 2m to enter a shop, then rub shoulders with others in side, and the numbers are still dropping."

This

Blackpool

Warwickshire

I would say that standing 1 metre from someone else is standard distance most of is talk to each other before all the shite started, so if it's 1 meter then basically we're all back to normal any closer than that I'd say whoever you're talking to is invading your personal space!!

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I would say that standing 1 metre from someone else is standard distance most of is talk to each other before all the shite started, so if it's 1 meter then basically we're all back to normal any closer than that I'd say whoever you're talking to is invading your personal space!! "

Doesn't make a lot of difference inside but no reason why people can it sit back to back at much less than 2m and 1 or 2 m when facing each other outdoors that would allow tables to be closer to each other like you can't really cough out of the back of your head

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I don't think many countries are using 2 m anymore, time to start moving on. "
I agree x

Warwickshire

"I would say that standing 1 metre from someone else is standard distance most of is talk to each other before all the shite started, so if it's 1 meter then basically we're all back to normal any closer than that I'd say whoever you're talking to is invading your personal space!!

Doesn't make a lot of difference inside but no reason why people can it sit back to back at much less than 2m and 1 or 2 m when facing each other outdoors that would allow tables to be closer to each other like you can't really cough out of the back of your head

"

Not wanting to teach a granny how suck eggs but I'm assuming that you know the virus is airborne and goes in any direction, so sitting back to back wouldn't make an ounce of difference..also I refer to my previous comments about the staff having to handle a customer's spit covered utensils, glasses, cups and spit covered napkins etc, there is literally zero thought as to how the staff can staff and how we could even possibly serve you food without coming within a few inches of space.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

To save argument I would split the difference and go with 1.5m or 5ft

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"How about 0 metres, I'm old enough to remember when they said lockdown was for hospital capacity and to flattern the curve. Life has risk,always has and always will. its time to get back to normal, NOT

THE NEW NORMAL. "

Agree

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Obviously 0m is not an option yet unless we want hundreds of thousands extra fatalities, which I am sure no one is daft enough to want

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 10/06/20 09:22:49]

the wetlands

"I would say that standing 1 metre from someone else is standard distance most of is talk to each other before all the shite started, so if it's 1 meter then basically we're all back to normal any closer than that I'd say whoever you're talking to is invading your personal space!!

Not wanting to teach a granny how suck eggs but I'm assuming that you know the virus is airborne and goes in any direction, so sitting back to back wouldn't make an ounce of difference..also I refer to my previous comments about the staff having to handle a customer's spit covered utensils, glasses, cups and spit covered napkins etc, there is literally zero thought as to how the staff can staff and how we could even possibly serve you food without coming within a few inches of space. "

Hi Granny. Of course the virus is airborne, and outdoors it disperses extremely quickly so unless there's a mouth as well as eyes in the back of people's heads it's much safer 0m behind than 2m in front. And if it's a short duration it applies inside as well.

Think about it

Btw what's the difference being served in bar / restaurant than a take away ? Both involve handling and serving

"I don't think many countries are using 2 m anymore, time to start moving on. "

I think we are 1 of just 3 countries (if you count USA at 6') who are at 2m. Germany 1.5, most of rest of Europe at 1m. I think Spain are/were 2m?

WHO experts say 1m is fine but our SAGE "experts" are saying 2m but not releasing the "science" it's based on.

Pubs etc. Can't operate at 2m so unless it changes they will stay shut....many for ever?

By *an hjCouple  over a year ago

Stowmarket

"I don't think many countries are using 2 m anymore, time to start moving on.

I think we are 1 of just 3 countries (if you count USA at 6') who are at 2m. Germany 1.5, most of rest of Europe at 1m. I think Spain are/were 2m?

WHO experts say 1m is fine but our SAGE "experts" are saying 2m but not releasing the "science" it's based on.

Pubs etc. Can't operate at 2m so unless it changes they will stay shut....many for ever?"

The science it is based on, is a study from the 1930`s that measured how far a cough or sneeze will travel, before falling to the ground.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

THE NEW NORMAL. "

Life has risks but it doesn’t mean that we should take more risks because life is risky. Would you go bareback with somebody you have never met because life has risks. Watch your right, there’s hardly any room left...

I

Pubs etc. Can't operate at 2m so unless it changes they will stay shut....many for ever?

The science it is based on, is a study from the 1930`s that measured how far a cough or sneeze will travel, before falling to the ground."

It also begs the questin exactly how many people are out and about couching and sneezing.

I now try and fart to cover a cough.

By *ntcovMan  over a year ago

Church Gresley / Swadlincote

People need to take responsibility for themselves, use common sense. Too many people wanting a solid rule structure so they can blame someone else if something goes wrong because they won't think for themselves, everything has to be someone else's fault these days it seems.

Blackpool

Fauci changes tune, now says second COVID-19 wave may never happen — and mask-wearing is symbolic

the wetlands

The science it is based on, is a study from the 1930`s that measured how far a cough or sneeze will travel, before falling to the ground.

It also begs the questin exactly how many people are out and about couching and sneezing.

I now try and fart to cover a cough. "

Several people have publically stated on here that if they catch the virus they will not isolate as they won't accept sick pay and will continue to travel and to work

Leicester / London

"Fauci changes tune, now says second COVID-19 wave may never happen — and mask-wearing is symbolic

"

That's because he a is a man of science who is updating his (opinion) on a brand new evolving virus and situation.

Unlike a politician who dogmaticaly sticks to one doctrine and ideology. Wether it's right or wrong.

Because they can't loose face and be questioned.

Its 2020 time to accept no one person or system has all the answers to life.

No. Its unacceptable. But frankly Ive been in self isolation since the start and only going to mix when I think its save and that means very very low likelihood of infection.

I think it is 1.5m. I would say yes and no, they should of done it alot earlier when the outbreak happened.

Well boris is on the briefing today and after his announcement in pmqs he said he will be announcing further measures to come out of lockdown. So I get the feeling the 2 metre will be lowered.

The only thing is I feel...is this is going to make life harder for the ones who have been shielding.

I get it will open up better prospects for the hospitality industry. But I also feel the main supermarkets have coped with the 2 metres (apart from the nutters who get too close when in there). So I think it would be good if we come out of this in stages until the virus has decrease a bit more.

It's not a one measurement suits all.

Warwickshire

Not wanting to teach a granny how suck eggs but I'm assuming that you know the virus is airborne and goes in any direction, so sitting back to back wouldn't make an ounce of difference..also I refer to my previous comments about the staff having to handle a customer's spit covered utensils, glasses, cups and spit covered napkins etc, there is literally zero thought as to how the staff can staff and how we could even possibly serve you food without coming within a few inches of space.

Hi Granny. Of course the virus is airborne, and outdoors it disperses extremely quickly so unless there's a mouth as well as eyes in the back of people's heads it's much safer 0m behind than 2m in front. And if it's a short duration it applies inside as well.

Think about it

Btw what's the difference being served in bar / restaurant than a take away ? Both involve handling and serving

"

When people talk, cough, sneeze etc the virus obviously comes out so your suggestion of sitting back to back wouldn't work unless there is absolutely zero wind movement, and if it they decide to open indoor venues then the virus doesn't decrease for sometime (science based info) You talk of a short duration ?? Do you go to a pub or restaurant and only stay for maximum of 15 mins ? I'd say probably not!!

I work in this industry and have which I believe a lot of knowledge on how restaurants work and it really isn't going to work, as I said before say I pour you a drink or make you some food, one of my staff has to deliver it to your table indoors or outdoors you eat with a knife and fork, your spit is over the objects who've used then I or a other person has to handle said objects then without even thinking about it picks up another plate or glass and pours you another drink it doesn't matter how much training you've had mistakes happen and I could potentially pass that viral load on to you. I understand the risk is low but it could happen!! Take away is slightly better because you are taking your spit covered items away with you so less chance of cross contamination and you're not sitting with or within the area where each member of my team will have to work for 8-10 hrs at a time. I will always stand by my views because as I said I work in restaurants and it really isn't doable, not yet anyway. Also on a side note the MPs don't want to be in work because of the 2 meter rule and they may spread it so why should we be put a risk and not them. We work when they all work less than 2 metres and back at hoc

Blackpool

They are bringing in 0.5m for back to back encounters and 0.75m for side to side encounters

the wetlands

Think about it

When people talk, cough, sneeze etc the virus obviously comes out so your suggestion of sitting back to back wouldn't work unless there is absolutely zero wind movement, and if it they decide to open indoor venues then the virus doesn't decrease for sometime (science based info) You talk of a short duration ?? Do you go to a pub or restaurant and only stay for maximum of 15 mins ? I'd say probably not!!

I work in this industry and have which I believe a lot of knowledge on how restaurants work and it really isn't going to work, as I said before say I pour you a drink or make you some food, one of my staff has to deliver it to your table indoors or outdoors you eat with a knife and fork, your spit is over the objects who've used then I or a other person has to handle said objects then without even thinking about it picks up another plate or glass and pours you another drink it doesn't matter how much training you've had mistakes happen and I could potentially pass that viral load on to you. I understand the risk is low but it could happen!! Take away is slightly better because you are taking your spit covered items away with you so less chance of cross contamination and you're not sitting with or within the area where each member of my team will have to work for 8-10 hrs at a time. I will always stand by my views because as I said I work in restaurants and it really isn't doable, not yet anyway. Also on a side note the MPs don't want to be in work because of the 2 meter rule and they may spread it so why should we be put a risk and not them. We work when they all work less than 2 metres and back at hoc "

You're way overthinking it. You need to lock yourself awaw for a few years and the rest of us will enjoy reality

the wetlands

Think about it

I work in this industry and have which I believe a lot of knowledge on how restaurants work and it really isn't going to work, as I said before say I pour you a drink or make you some food, one of my staff has to deliver it to your table indoors or outdoors you eat with a knife and fork, your spit is over the objects who've used then I or a other person has to handle said objects then without even thinking about it picks up another plate or glass and pours you another drink it doesn't matter how much training you've had mistakes happen and I could potentially pass that viral load on to you. I understand the risk is low but it could happen!! Take away is slightly better because you are taking your spit covered items away with you so less chance of cross contamination and you're not sitting with or within the area where each member of my team will have to work for 8-10 hrs at a time. I will always stand by my views because as I said I work in restaurants and it really isn't doable, not yet anyway. Also on a side note the MPs don't want to be in work because of the 2 meter rule and they may spread it so why should we be put a risk and not them. We work when they all work less than 2 metres and back at hoc

You're way overthinking it. You need to lock yourself awaw for a few years and the rest of us will enjoy reality "

And read what I put. It says OUTSIDE

By *xelciscoMan  over a year ago

Reading/bracknell

Your thoughts"

Open any medical textbook at the virus page and see that when you exhale particles can travel beyond 2m and stay in air for minutes depending on place wind etc.

A sneezed particle travels up to 4m.

They are pushing So they can rsume business ans the government seeks to minimize bankruptcy.. The reality is that it will remain unsafe until we have some cure or application.

Axel

Is social distance in gone to fuck now with all the protesting going on.

Think about it

I work in this industry and have which I believe a lot of knowledge on how restaurants work and it really isn't going to work, as I said before say I pour you a drink or make you some food, one of my staff has to deliver it to your table indoors or outdoors you eat with a knife and fork, your spit is over the objects who've used then I or a other person has to handle said objects then without even thinking about it picks up another plate or glass and pours you another drink it doesn't matter how much training you've had mistakes happen and I could potentially pass that viral load on to you. I understand the risk is low but it could happen!! Take away is slightly better because you are taking your spit covered items away with you so less chance of cross contamination and you're not sitting with or within the area where each member of my team will have to work for 8-10 hrs at a time. I will always stand by my views because as I said I work in restaurants and it really isn't doable, not yet anyway. Also on a side note the MPs don't want to be in work because of the 2 meter rule and they may spread it so why should we be put a risk and not them. We work when they all work less than 2 metres and back at hoc "

I think you better go for a career change.

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

"Is social distance in gone to fuck now with all the protesting going on. "

It will be interesting to see if the contamination rates go up!

Warwickshire

Your thoughts

Open any medical textbook at the virus page and see that when you exhale particles can travel beyond 2m and stay in air for minutes depending on place wind etc.

A sneezed particle travels up to 4m.

They are pushing So they can rsume business ans the government seeks to minimize bankruptcy.. The reality is that it will remain unsafe until we have some cure or application.

Axel"

Thank you for this as it really does explain my thoughts on here too.

Warwickshire

Think about it

I think you better go for a career change."

Ok mate I'll do that I'll do what you think is correct because you clearly are in the knowledge with Karen from Facebook

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"They are bringing in 0.5m for back to back encounters and 0.75m for side to side encounters "

For you it will be two inches. Why should you use the metric system?

Warwickshire

Think about it

You're way overthinking it. You need to lock yourself awaw for a few years and the rest of us will enjoy reality

And read what I put. It says OUTSIDE"

Not about locking myself away etc it's about reality one that I live in and one that has seen a family member pass away because of it so forgive me for being a little bit worried and as for outdoors the information from scientists is based on outdoors (just saying)

By *tarcatcher2Man  over a year ago

ALLOA

No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace.

"No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace. "
how can people put veries up... you cant display any meet veries even historic ones.. or ones you had hidden

the wetlands

"No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace. how can people put veries up... you cant display any meet veries even historic ones.. or ones you had hidden "

Never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge ?

By *etasubTV/TS  over a year ago

West of Newcastle

We have the non taxpaying Ryan air Michael O'Leary saying distancing will cost him money, it's ok to fly but don't blame him if you get covid you are just a gulable punter.

Will you die of covid if you don't get your summer holiday, restaurant meal or pint in pub? All these industries pushing for reduction of restrictions. They only want your money they are not worried about people

"We have the non taxpaying Ryan air Michael O'Leary saying distancing will cost him money, it's ok to fly but don't blame him if you get covid you are just a gulable punter.

Will you die of covid if you don't get your summer holiday, restaurant meal or pint in pub? All these industries pushing for reduction of restrictions. They only want your money they are not worried about people"

well I'm off on two holidays I hope.. I must be a gullible punter.. after all my hard work for planning a few days away travelling x

the wetlands

"We have the non taxpaying Ryan air Michael O'Leary saying distancing will cost him money, it's ok to fly but don't blame him if you get covid you are just a gulable punter.

Will you die of covid if you don't get your summer holiday, restaurant meal or pint in pub? All these industries pushing for reduction of restrictions. They only want your money they are not worried about people well I'm off on two holidays I hope.. I must be a gullible punter.. after all my hard work for planning a few days away travelling x "

Enjoy .. we have a while to wait yet ..

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

In real life I don't normally walk within 2 meters of most strangers anyway. With the knowledge and experience of the last 11 weeks I think I (we) are all experienced enough to be just that bit extra careful while on holiday - Whether RyanAir or anyone don't else care about me, I care about me, so I would be wearing protective gear while flying. And all the other usual precautions too.

Credit the masses to be bright enough - So far they have proved to be.

PS Don't let this thread have you imagining that I would EVER fly RyanAir however.

To be fair all flights are expecting you to wear masks and doing extra things. I've flown ryan air lots and never had an issue. Perhaps the Italian air staff are just great

"To be fair all flights are expecting you to wear masks and doing extra things. I've flown ryan air lots and never had an issue. Perhaps the Italian air staff are just great "

Enjoy your holidays when they arrive. Be safe. You have so far.

"To be fair all flights are expecting you to wear masks and doing extra things. I've flown ryan air lots and never had an issue. Perhaps the Italian air staff are just great

Enjoy your holidays when they arrive. Be safe. You have so far. "

I will and yes.. I've been keeping safe.. worst bit is I'm hoping anxiety doesnt raise my temperature... I am trying to think now if it does .. as I'm terrified of flying lol x

"To be fair all flights are expecting you to wear masks and doing extra things. I've flown ryan air lots and never had an issue. Perhaps the Italian air staff are just great

Enjoy your holidays when they arrive. Be safe. You have so far. I will and yes.. I've been keeping safe.. worst bit is I'm hoping anxiety doesnt raise my temperature... I am trying to think now if it does .. as I'm terrified of flying lol x "

Awww - you will have to practice calm. lol

Warwickshire

Will you die of covid if you don't get your summer holiday, restaurant meal or pint in pub? All these industries pushing for reduction of restrictions. They only want your money they are not worried about people"

Well said well said indeed

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Will you die of covid if you don't get your summer holiday, restaurant meal or pint in pub? All these industries pushing for reduction of restrictions. They only want your money they are not worried about people

Well said well said indeed "

Enjoy your holidays when they arrive. Be safe. You have so far. I will and yes.. I've been keeping safe.. worst bit is I'm hoping anxiety doesnt raise my temperature... I am trying to think now if it does .. as I'm terrified of flying lol x

Awww - you will have to practice calm. lol"

that's what diazepam is for

Back on topic though... looks like the sd gap maybe reduced soon x

Based on figures:

ONS say less than 0.01% of population currently infected. That was as of last week(many of these will/should be isolating or even in hospital etc?) but many are asymptomatic. So lets take 0.1% as those infected.

Chance of picking up infection at 1m stated as 2.6% (1.3% at 2m) currently...as at now being given by professor at Cambridge Uni on BBC news.

So your chances of picking up virus at 1m is 0.0026%.

Curious how that compares to other risks....?

By *rbrooksMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Regardless of whether its 1m or 2m I'm in no rush to go out to a pub or restaurant anyway. "

If enough people think like that - there will be none left

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Regardless of whether its 1m or 2m I'm in no rush to go out to a pub or restaurant anyway. "

Agree! If you treat everyone as if they were suffering from Covid then see how far away you keep, more than 2 metres I bet.

Warwickshire

"Regardless of whether its 1m or 2m I'm in no rush to go out to a pub or restaurant anyway.

If enough people think like that - there will be none left"

And clearly thinking like you means we will have pubs and restaurants but also plenty of jobs in the hospital bed making sector!!

Also as I've said countless times now the glass you are drinking from or the knife and fork your eating from do you wash them yourself or are you expecting the staff members to deal with your spit covered and potentially virus covered objects ??

I'm sure I'll get the wisdom of Karen said on Facebook. I don't know your job but I'm going to assume you use a phone, would it be acceptable for 50 people to spit on your phone then you pick it up over the course of the day ? I can hear some of you saying wear gloves!! Great....for 8-10 hrs a day I think not. Pubs and restaurants that close are inevitable but putting people at risk because you want a pint ....quite selfish

Warwickshire

New promotion in pubs coming soon!!!

Buy 1 drink

Get 1 virus free

the wetlands

"

Also as I've said countless times now the glass you are drinking from or the knife and fork your eating from do you wash them yourself or are you expecting the staff members to deal with your spit covered and potentially virus covered objects ??

"

And of course the restauranteurs with half an ounce of common sense will use disposable plates, cutlery and plastic beer glasses. Staff would wear face coverings or a simple plastic face shield and wash their hands very frequently. Risk minimised job done.

Some others should reserve a nice safe spot in their house for the next few years but I'm not sure how they will manage when the furlough money stops.

[Removed by poster at 11/06/20 15:51:41]

Let's all keep 2 metres distance and no one will catch it or die. It's working so well so must keep doing it.

Warwickshire

"

And of course the restauranteurs with half an ounce of common sense will use disposable plates, cutlery and plastic beer glasses. Staff would wear face coverings or a simple plastic face shield and wash their hands very frequently. Risk minimised job done.

Some others should reserve a nice safe spot in their house for the next few years but I'm not sure how they will manage when the furlough money stops.

"

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up the furlough scheme.....you keep getting your news from the BBC or MSN ...... Furlough has only cost the tax payer the same as our foreign aid has for one year. The government has effectively murdered thousands of OAPs in care homes so they are going to save just on their pension over 120 million a year, but you keep talking about the furlough!!

You talk of throw away equipment, clearly you don't know the cost of such items and then the cost of removal of said items and in a time where a lot of previous customers won't be returning to the pub/club/restaurant world there is another cost the business will have to swallow, I know how we can pay for it......put your pint of beer or your latte up to £10-£15 seems fair!? Why should the business suffer ? Why should people loose there job ? The consumer should pay.

Your thoughts"

No. Not advisable. But people want their beer, their holidays, their jobs and businesses to start earning again, and to hell with the greater good.

Govt are letting themselves get railroaded into rash actions now. It will not end well

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"World health organisation recommended 1m not 2"

Wouldn't trust those lot to run a chip shop..

By *lljambarMan  over a year ago

Manchester

My cock is only 6" so I would someone to get a lot closer

Chelmsford

"

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring up the furlough scheme.....you keep getting your news from the BBC or MSN ...... Furlough has only cost the tax payer the same as our foreign aid has for one year. The government has effectively murdered thousands of OAPs in care homes so they are going to save just on their pension over 120 million a year, but you keep talking about the furlough!!

You talk of throw away equipment, clearly you don't know the cost of such items and then the cost of removal of said items and in a time where a lot of previous customers won't be returning to the pub/club/restaurant world there is another cost the business will have to swallow, I know how we can pay for it......put your pint of beer or your latte up to £10-£15 seems fair!? Why should the business suffer ? Why should people loose there job ? The consumer should pay.

"

Can't wait to sit in a bar or restaurant drinking out of disposable plastic and those forks where the prongs keep snapping...

Nobody seemed bothered about the pub industry when they were shutting at a rate of knots before the pandemic.. if it sees more shite chains selling shite food close then I won't be weeping for them.. many have rediscovered cooking and long may it continue..

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Think all threads like this should be banned.. 2m is adequate, rather not risk my health, my wife's health, and those who I may come into contact with for the sake of an extra metre..

Tonbridge

I just had a lovely lunch sitting outside a restaurant in Paris drinking a cold beer from a glass and eating french cuisine with a metal knife and fork on a china plate. Social distancing is 1m here and guess what, nobody died.

Chelmsford

If the government say it's a metre then more hospitality can open up..

Once more hospitality is open up then perhaps half a metre.

More money and taxes raised.. after all it's only a few more deaths and the NHS can cope..

My advice.. follow your head.. would not trust these Muppets running the show..

Follow the science my arse..

I think it was Einstein who said that Stupidity was repeating an experiment and expecting a different result..

He seemed like a clever guy.. There may even be a statue of him somewhere... Wonder if he has a past someone doesn't like...

Chelmsford

"I just had a lovely lunch sitting outside a restaurant in Paris drinking a cold beer from a glass and eating french cuisine with a metal knife and fork on a china plate. Social distancing is 1m here and guess what, nobody died.

"

Nobody has died in the whole of Paris.. ? Must be the fine claret and soft cheese.. I have heard that injecting yourself with soft cheese staves off Covid

"I just had a lovely lunch sitting outside a restaurant in Paris drinking a cold beer from a glass and eating french cuisine with a metal knife and fork on a china plate. Social distancing is 1m here and guess what, nobody died.

Nobody has died in the whole of Paris.. ? Must be the fine claret and soft cheese.. I have heard that injecting yourself with soft cheese staves off Covid"

I presume he meant since they lifted lockdown, but I presume you presumed that too.

Warwickshire

"

Yet!!!

Jesus these people walk amongst us!!

Chelmsford

Nobody has died in the whole of Paris.. ? Must be the fine claret and soft cheese.. I have heard that injecting yourself with soft cheese staves off Covid

I presume he meant since they lifted lockdown, but I presume you presumed that too."

Presumably...

Leeds

"

"

Where does this drivel come from?

Leeds

"

I just had a lovely lunch sitting outside a restaurant in Paris drinking a cold beer from a glass and eating french cuisine with a metal knife and fork on a china plate. Social distancing is 1m here and guess what, nobody died.

"

Yet!

Tonbridge

I'm guessing I don't walk amongst you because you will hiding away until nobody dies of anything ever.

By *nglander2000Man  over a year ago

NORTHAMPTON NEAR M1 JCN 15A

"People need to take responsibility for themselves, use common sense. Too many people wanting a solid rule structure so they can blame someone else if something goes wrong because they won't think for themselves, everything has to be someone else's fault these days it seems. "

Yep -that is exactly right !!

Leeds

When out and about, imagine that everyone has Covid, then see how far you maintain your distance. More than 2 metres I suggest. At only 1 metre you may as well be giving them a hug!

Leeds

"

People need to take responsibility for themselves, use common sense. Too many people wanting a solid rule structure so they can blame someone else if something goes wrong because they won't think for themselves, everything has to be someone else's fault these days it seems.

Yep - that is exactly right !!

"

Couldn't agree more!

Tonbridge

"

Yet!"

The infection numbers are still coming down fast in France with 1m distancing and practically everything is open. The UK just seems to be paralysed with fear, or maybe it's just a vocal minority.

Tonbridge

"When out and about, imagine that everyone has Covid, then see how far you maintain your distance. More than 2 metres I suggest. At only 1 metre you may as well be giving them a hug! "

A couple of weeks ago they estimated that 1 in 400 currently had the disease in the UK. With the infection rate going down, it will be even less likely that someone you meet will be infected. This is another example of hyperbole.

By *nglander2000Man  over a year ago

NORTHAMPTON NEAR M1 JCN 15A

"Based on figures:

ONS say less than 0.01% of population currently infected. That was as of last week(many of these will/should be isolating or even in hospital etc?) but many are asymptomatic. So lets take 0.1% as those infected.

Chance of picking up infection at 1m stated as 2.6% (1.3% at 2m) currently...as at now being given by professor at Cambridge Uni on BBC news.

So your chances of picking up virus at 1m is 0.0026%.

Curious how that compares to other risks....?"

Complete bollocks - this sort of rubbish gets statistics a bad name . Current infection level cannot be conflated with risk of acquiring virus at distance.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Those in charge are looking to reduce the distance, due to pressure from businesses who they agree with. It's likely now to be reduced at a convenient point for those businesses.

I'm guessing it will be reduced by 2-3 weeks time, though it's being planned now,,,

Warwickshire

"

Where does this drivel come from? "

From someone who has worked in the industry for years. Of however you're referring to my stats.....it's called maths and English literature from news reports other than the ones you accept.

Warwickshire

"I'm guessing I don't walk amongst you because you will hiding away until nobody dies of anything ever."

No you certainly don't walk amongst me because if you did I'd teach you how to use the English language (you will be hiding).

The very fact you have said I've been for lunch and nobody has died here tells me you are not worthy of my opinion. Good day sir

the wetlands

"

"

It doesn't matter how much or how little furlough costs, it stopping and it looks like you'll be changing profession if you want to earn a wage as your not going to accept any compromise or do anything to help yourself.

Just don't take up anything to do with money if you think putting beer or latte in a plastic cup will increase the costs by a factor of 2 or 3 lol

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

thats nothing new all they ever have wanted is your money as soon as u book and pay for ya holiday there usualy booking someone ekse before your out the shop.why do u think they have ever been intrested in people? its a buisness your a walking wallet

"

"

So much crap in one post

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

From what I have been seeing lately it’s more like two centimetres social distancing.

If all these protest do not push the R number up.

Then the government should really re-evaluate the hole situation.

Warwickshire

"

It doesn't matter how much or how little furlough costs, it stopping and it looks like you'll be changing profession if you want to earn a wage as your not going to accept any compromise or do anything to help yourself.

Just don't take up anything to do with money if you think putting beer or latte in a plastic cup will increase the costs by a factor of 2 or 3 lol

"

I'm willing to compromise on this I just don't believe we should be compromising on the social distancing at the moment, it's just to early, case numbers are still to high, ONS say there's still approximately 5000 cases per day and every EU country currently think our death rate is too high too, so yes I am willing to compromise but at this moment not so much.

Ps you'll be surprised at how much expendable equipment cost and if people aren't coming in there numbers like before it's gonna have a knock on effect, personally speaking you can't have staff cost of nearly £600 per day then have other overhead cost of nearly £w00-£300 per day in other overheads and then only take £800-£1000 if we're lucky, so staff will have to go or for the time being just keep it as it is until the rates and deaths come down more.

Warwickshire

"

So much crap in one post"

Sarcasm not allowed up north yeah !!

Anyway not here to argue, keep taking the pills and good luck to ya

"

So much crap in one post

Sarcasm not allowed up north yeah !!

Anyway not here to argue, keep taking the pills and good luck to ya "

No pills needed here

the wetlands

"

I'm willing to compromise on this I just don't believe we should be compromising on the social distancing at the moment, it's just to early, case numbers are still to high, ONS say there's still approximately 5000 cases per day and every EU country currently think our death rate is too high too, so yes I am willing to compromise but at this moment not so much.

Ps you'll be surprised at how much expendable equipment cost and if people aren't coming in there numbers like before it's gonna have a knock on effect, personally speaking you can't have staff cost of nearly £600 per day then have other overhead cost of nearly £w00-£300 per day in other overheads and then only take £800-£1000 if we're lucky, so staff will have to go or for the time being just keep it as it is until the rates and deaths come down more. "

If you ever decide to buy disposable equipment I'll sell you all you need at your prices, I'll be millionaire next year

Warwickshire

"

Ps you'll be surprised at how much expendable equipment cost and if people aren't coming in there numbers like before it's gonna have a knock on effect, personally speaking you can't have staff cost of nearly £600 per day then have other overhead cost of nearly £w00-£300 per day in other overheads and then only take £800-£1000 if we're lucky, so staff will have to go or for the time being just keep it as it is until the rates and deaths come down more.

If you ever decide to buy disposable equipment I'll sell you all you need at your prices, I'll be millionaire next year "

Tell ya what we should go into business together, we would make a bloody fortune

the wetlands

"

If you ever decide to buy disposable equipment I'll sell you all you need at your prices, I'll be millionaire next year

Tell ya what we should go into business together, we would make a bloody fortune "

I might, you won't

THE NEW NORMAL. "

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace. "

And yet, somehow, the infection numbers and deaths are reducing. How can that be?

Leeds

"

No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace.

And yet, somehow, the infection numbers and deaths are reducing. How can that be?

"

The equivalent of a fully loaded airliner are still dying from this virus every day. Those that refuse to social distance are responsible for some of these deaths!

"

The equivalent of a fully loaded airliner are still dying from this virus every day. Those that refuse to social distance are responsible for some of these deaths! "

Can you point to an article that shows how people are still getting infected because the experts at the daily briefings haven’t been able to yet.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"No point saying anything on here the people don't listen they are still meeting and no one is doing anything about it. They are putting up veris and the site is trying to keep it quiet it's a disgrace.

And yet, somehow, the infection numbers and deaths are reducing. How can that be? "

Not fast enough for my liking, the numbers are far to high still.

By *arkb73Man  over a year ago

Cheshire/Staffs

"

The equivalent of a fully loaded airliner are still dying from this virus every day. Those that refuse to social distance are responsible for some of these deaths! "

You have no way of knowing that

the wetlands

"

The equivalent of 3 of your fully loaded airliners die of cancer every day, another fully loaded airliner die of heart failure every day, another two airliners full die of flu a day, everyone is going to die of something.

Leeds

"

Can you point to an article that shows how people are still getting infected because the experts at the daily briefings haven’t been able to yet."

What do you mean by 'article'? The statistics on the infection rate are compiled daily and confirmed at the daily briefings.

"

The equivalent of a fully loaded airliner are still dying from this virus every day. Those that refuse to social distance are responsible for some of these deaths!

"

It is a scientific fact that this virus is spread by close contact with other people, therefore those that do not practice social distancing will transmit it, cause illness and in a percentage of cases cause death.

"

The equivalent of 3 of your fully loaded airliners die of cancer every day, another fully loaded airliner die of heart failure every day, another two airliners full die of flu a day, everyone is going to die of something.

"

So what you're saying is that we should ignore the scientific advice, not social distance and continue to spread the virus until we are all dead?

"

Can you point to an article that shows how people are still getting infected because the experts at the daily briefings haven’t been able to yet.

What do you mean by 'article'? The statistics on the infection rate are compiled daily and confirmed at the daily briefings.

It is a scientific fact that this virus is spread by close contact with other people, therefore those that do not practice social distancing will transmit it, cause illness and in a percentage of cases cause death.

So what you're saying is that we should ignore the scientific advice, not social distance and continue to spread the virus until we are all dead?

"

So if you are tested positive, are you fined because you couldn't have been social distancing?

"

It is a scientific fact that this virus is spread by close contact with other people, therefore those that do not practice social distancing will transmit it, cause illness and in a percentage of cases cause death"

Actually the daily briefings don’t tell you who is getting infected. The majority could be front line workers who are not able to social distance.

I don’t know, you don’t know because we are not being told.

By *exy couple128Couple  over a year ago

Scarborough

There's always going to be a risk but you take a risk crossing the road or getting in a automobile. We have got to move on for the economy and future of the country. How many people on fab are going to say they will not visit a club again until a safe vaccine has been developed.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

"

Mmmm sounds delightful. I so look forward to the opportunity go out to eat off paper plates with disposable cutlery and drink out of plastic glasses while being served by a gloved and visored waiter. Who in their right mind is that desperate to eat out?

Your thoughts3m is a more sensible option i mean do you want to die for your food "

3M? If they are going to chuck your food at you don't order the soup!!

the wetlands

"

Mmmm sounds delightful. I so look forward to the opportunity go out to eat off paper plates with disposable cutlery and drink out of plastic glasses while being served by a gloved and visored waiter. Who in their right mind is that desperate to eat out?"

If you saw the queues for McDonald's you'd not make that statement

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

At the risk of sounding cynical, surely the decision on going from 2m to 1m distance will be easy for the Govt. It will be timed to cover up the latest shambles that has been announced rather than linking to scientific evidence.

Leeds

"At the risk of sounding cynical, surely the decision on going from 2m to 1m distance will be easy for the Govt. It will be timed to cover up the latest shambles that has been announced rather than linking to scientific evidence."

Shambles, what shambles?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Particles from a sneeze can travel more than two metres. Yeh it's relatively low risk being near a sneezer but always a possibility. Who feels lucky?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

Mmmm sounds delightful. I so look forward to the opportunity go out to eat off paper plates with disposable cutlery and drink out of plastic glasses while being served by a gloved and visored waiter. Who in their right mind is that desperate to eat out?

If you saw the queues for McDonald's you'd not make that statement "

Id rather starve than eat McDonalds tbh

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

1 metre or 2 ? - here in Evesham, with some exceptions, Social Distancing appears to have been abandoned !

have you noticed the rise in thrown away Mc D's and KFC cartons again ?

Leeds

A reduction from two to one metre would in effect mean the end to social distancing, and lead to the consequent rise in the R number and associated deaths.

North Bucks

Seeing the scenes over the last two weeks not just in terms of civil disorder and peaceful protest but also in the parks and now pubs selling “takeaway” drinks along with shops open Monday.

It’s a lock down in name only one metre or two metre it’s not going to matter anymore.

see many of the feathered clucking brigade who live in perpetual fear are worried about social distancing being dropped from 2m to 1m....2m was established when it was expected for loads of people coughing and to give any expelled virus to follow the laws of gravity and hit the floor..if people follow protocol and don't openly cough or sneeze then 1m is perfectly adequate for social distancing..

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Use the old British imperial measurements of rod or furlong."

Don't forget the Chain, (66 feet)

the wetlands

An infected person will infect others

No social distance 13 in 100

1m social distance 3 in 100

2m social distance 1 in 100

Source BBC, quoted Lanclet

By *heorgasmaddictMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

6.5 inches will do me

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

The viral particles expelled by sneezing and coughing can remain in the air for some time and thus infect the unwitting. The 2m model was designed to cut down the possibility of community transmission.

Scientific study on similar infectious diseases informed current practice, so I read.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

THE NEW NORMAL.

Tbh I’m happy with 0.5m it will stop coughs and colds and COVID-19. Wouldn’t ever want to go back to zero , health has become an asset in 2020"

Ah, do no more swinging for you then unless you have discovered a new way of swinging keeping a social distance

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I read somewhere that gyms will have big changes, no more heavy weights as you breathe too heavy.

Exercise classes will be smaller, machines will be spaced out more. You might have to book a slot, changing won't be open.

This is by pure gym, stating what worked in other countries.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"

Ps you'll be surprised at how much expendable equipment cost and if people aren't coming in there numbers like before it's gonna have a knock on effect, personally speaking you can't have staff cost of nearly £600 per day then have other overhead cost of nearly £w00-£300 per day in other overheads and then only take £800-£1000 if we're lucky, so staff will have to go or for the time being just keep it as it is until the rates and deaths come down more. "

Do, you actually agreed with the scientific advice to keep 2 metres apart at the start of lock down but you're not prepared to take the updated scientific advice from the same source now that it doesn't suit you?

At the start of the year, nobody had heard or could spell epidemiologist, now everyone is one.

If the social distancing is reduced, YOU can increase yours to 5 metres as the reduction isn't compulsory or mandatory as are the wearing of FACE COVERINGS (not masks) in anywhere else but public transport but if you feel better wearing a mask, you can do. It's now not against the law to go into a shop or bank wearing a mask