FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Any update on hotels opening?

Any update on hotels opening?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Caravan parks are opening next month, be nice if hotels open as well, hubby & I can socially distance in a comfortable hotel room

We've earned a nice night away

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Most seem to be opening for none key workers ie the rest of us from July 4th.

"Most seem to be opening for none key workers ie the rest of us from July 4th. "

Awww that's great news,thank you

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only one I could find open was in Walsall

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I work in Hotels, but as yet the Govt hasn't made any official notice known when hotels can reopen.

It's understood it could be July 4th/5th but it also depends on the 2M rule being relaxed too, as many hotels, pubs etc don't have the floor space to accommodate that.

Advance draft Govt data came out about 3 weeks ago to some of the big hotel groups, from which my bosses have seen some parts.

But it was only a Draft option and what will be the reality once the Govt decides what it wants Hotels to do, could be different.

But a lot of smaller privately owned hotels may not survive. What with the furlough scheme adjusting from August, by asking the hotels to pay part of the wages, some hotels don't have that money.

Thus, owners will have to reduce their payroll by making staff redundant.

My employers are in that position; how long I can keep my job beyond the end of this month, or lose it for good, is unknown.

But till the Govt decides, 3.5M of us hotel workers are in limbo.

"I work in Hotels, but as yet the Govt hasn't made any official notice known when hotels can reopen.

It's understood it could be July 4th/5th but it also depends on the 2M rule being relaxed too, as many hotels, pubs etc don't have the floor space to accommodate that.

Advance draft Govt data came out about 3 weeks ago to some of the big hotel groups, from which my bosses have seen some parts.

But it was only a Draft option and what will be the reality once the Govt decides what it wants Hotels to do, could be different.

But a lot of smaller privately owned hotels may not survive. What with the furlough scheme adjusting from August, by asking the hotels to pay part of the wages, some hotels don't have that money.

My employers are in that position; how long I can keep my job beyond the end of this month, or lose it for good, is unknown.

But till the Govt decides, 3.5M of us hotel workers are in limbo."

Thank you for the information. That is so sad, I hope you are able to keep your job, ultimately it sounds like the hotels needs to reopen for that to happen, that must be so worrying for you

Hull

"I work in Hotels, but as yet the Govt hasn't made any official notice known when hotels can reopen.

But till the Govt decides, 3.5M of us hotel workers are in limbo.

Thank you for the information. That is so sad, I hope you are able to keep your job, ultimately it sounds like the hotels needs to reopen for that to happen, that must be so worrying for you "

It's the reality of this crisis, horrendous as it could be.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

But till the Govt decides, 3.5M of us hotel workers are in limbo."

Fingers crossed that it works out for you x

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

I work within the industry and the guidelines are still very much in draft format. I reckon first or second week of July but it depends on BoJo.

The problem area is the back of house areas and the distance rule.

"I work within the industry and the guidelines are still very much in draft format. I reckon first or second week of July but it depends on BoJo.

"

It must be more complicated than I thought. I was just thinking big comfortable room, room service (left outside the door) and a few nights escapism. But like toy say, I dont know what happens behind the scenes

Hull

"I work within the industry and the guidelines are still very much in draft format. I reckon first or second week of July but it depends on BoJo.

It must be more complicated than I thought. I was just thinking big comfortable room, room service (left outside the door) and a few nights escapism. But like toy say, I dont know what happens behind the scenes "

We've heard too, that restaurant space will have to be expanded to minimise people being too close to each other; bedrooms could be sold at only 50% occupancy each night; one way systems around the property for both Back, & Front of House.

By *lay2018Couple  over a year ago

westmeath & roscommon.

Will it be acceptable to allow guests in ones room when cples book. This is the question that'll be on everyone's mind for when the hotels do open. We know it's on out mind

"Will it be acceptable to allow guests in ones room when cples book. This is the question that'll be on everyone's mind for when the hotels do open. We know it's on out mind "

Didn't even cross our minds

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"Will it be acceptable to allow guests in ones room when cples book. This is the question that'll be on everyone's mind for when the hotels do open. We know it's on out mind "

I’m sure the usual method of asking for two keys as you sign in, then handing a spare key to your guest will work just as before?

Hull

"Will it be acceptable to allow guests in ones room when cples book. This is the question that'll be on everyone's mind for when the hotels do open. We know it's on out mind

I’m sure the usual method of asking for two keys as you sign in, then handing a spare key to your guest will work just as before? "

That only works with hotels that have electronic card keys.

More traditional hotels which still work on the usual metal keys in everyday locks, still work on 1 key per room.

Before anyone asks why hotels don't adopt electronic key card systems, these projects are immensely expensive to purchase & install plus only have a working shelf life of around 14 years.

"Will it be acceptable to allow guests in ones room when cples book. This is the question that'll be on everyone's mind for when the hotels do open. We know it's on out mind

I’m sure the usual method of asking for two keys as you sign in, then handing a spare key to your guest will work just as before?

More traditional hotels which still work on the usual metal keys in everyday locks, still work on 1 key per room.

Before anyone asks why hotels don't adopt electronic key card systems, these projects are immensely expensive to purchase & install plus only have a working shelf life of around 14 years.

"

You are a great source of hotel information. I have to ask.... about naughty hotel secrets?

Hull

You are a great source of hotel information. I have to ask.... about naughty hotel secrets? "

Oooh, yes, but I'll tell you when we meet in the future!!

You are a great source of hotel information. I have to ask.... about naughty hotel secrets?

"

We all need the chat & secrets to get us through lockdown, pretty plzzzzzz

Hull

We all need the chat & secrets to get us through lockdown, pretty plzzzzzz "

I've worked in hotel Night Management for over 30 years. Also, most hotels for Nights work on minimum staffing; it's not uncommon for properties with 100-150 rooms to survive on 3-4 staff covering 7 nights, so invariably the 2 on duty are kept to Reception.

It's a bit of a myth that the business is awash with sex orgies galore, but there have been times when I've overheard couples having rampant noisy sex and I've stopped outside to listen.

I've worked in hotel Night Management for over 30 years. Also, most hotels for Nights work on minimum staffing; it's not uncommon for properties with 100-150 rooms to survive on 3-4 staff covering 7 nights, so invariably the 2 on duty are kept to Reception.

It's a bit of a myth that the business is awash with sex orgies galore, but there have been times when I've overheard couples having rampant noisy sex and I've stopped outside to listen. "

Ohhh I like, I'd be knocking on the door asking if I could join

And that's why no1 will give me a job in a hotel. Perverted lady roaming the halls at night looking for a 3sum

Hull

It's a bit of a myth that the business is awash with sex orgies galore, but there have been times when I've overheard couples having rampant noisy sex and I've stopped outside to listen.

Ohhh I like, I'd be knocking on the door asking if I could join

And that's why no1 will give me a job in a hotel. Perverted lady roaming the halls at night looking for a 3sum "

Sacrilege! You don't knock on doors, especially if the guest has put out a Do Not Disturb notice!

But I did get caught, twice, by couples who were testing to see if anyone was listening? I had to do my duty of course, after all, customer service is crucial!

Or the Bride who, after her boozed up Groom was carried to his bed spark out with drink, asked me if I'd carry out her husband's Wedding Night 'duty'.

Again, I duly obliged!

» Add a new message to this topic