FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > asked by a man how long i was going to be sitting on a seat for.

asked by a man how long i was going to be sitting on a seat for.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i go out walking every morning,and i walk to a seat up a lane. Its nice to relax there,anyway one day this week i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me near the crossroads.they kept looking over walking around nearby,after a few mins the man approached me and asked me as to how long i was going to sit there,then saying that he's wife liked the seat to rest on and if i was going to sit there they would both just go home. I told them i would remain on the seat 10 mins before i would be walking home. They hovered around and kept looking. I stayed for the ten mins before i went and they thanked me and sat down as quickly as i got up. In my opinion you cannot ask somebody how long they will be sitting on a seat,well i woudnt anyway.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Why not? He did it in a polite way and you gave him an answer. It's not your seat, so why can't someone ask you? Can't see the problem.

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

older. 100% let them have the seat.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I think given currant social distancing, it makes sense for them to politely ask

I personally would have just offered them the seat immediately

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Older than you..that’s your answer right there.

Give them the seat.

By *ucky24Man  over a year ago

Lowestoft

"Older than you..that’s your answer right there.

Give them the seat."

Totally agree with you on that. Always gave up a seat on a bus for older people or people with kids.

It is these small things that make life better or more bearable.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"i go out walking every morning,and i walk to a seat up a lane. Its nice to relax there,anyway one day this week i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me near the crossroads.they kept looking over walking around nearby,after a few mins the man approached me and asked me as to how long i was going to sit there,then saying that he's wife liked the seat to rest on and if i was going to sit there they would both just go home. I told them i would remain on the seat 10 mins before i would be walking home. They hovered around and kept looking. I stayed for the ten mins before i went and they thanked me and sat down as quickly as i got up. In my opinion you cannot ask somebody how long they will be sitting on a seat,well i woudnt anyway."

I would of offered them the seat soon as I saw them looking up the lane towards me.

It's nice to be nice.

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I have often thought of asking people but never have...The reason being if someone asked me that, no matter how polite, I would have felt guilty for sitting on the seat.Having said that if they were struggling etc I would offer the seat before they ask.

Bristol

Ps...Is this to do with social distancing?

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . They may not have been. What if the bench was a sun lounger by the pool you were occupying on your holiday? Is that the same answer?

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . They may not have been. What if the bench was a sun lounger by the pool you were occupying on your holiday? Is that the same answer? "

Hmmm read it again

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . "

"i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me"

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . They may not have been. What if the bench was a sun lounger by the pool you were occupying on your holiday? Is that the same answer? "

She did say they were older.

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older .

"i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me" "

It just goes to prove some people just see what they want

I think it's ok for them to ask how long you would be sitting there. Personally i would have offered the seat to them straight away anyway despite me being unable to stand or walk for long.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I would have offered the seat straight away and definitely when they asked.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"I would have offered the seat straight away and definitely when they asked."

"I would have offered the seat straight away and definitely when they asked. "

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

In normal circumstances they could have just sat alongside you. Given social distancing, I think it’s perfectly acceptable of them to ask.

And like others on the post, I would also have offered them the bench when they asked.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't know the fuller circumstances of the situation, including health info, distance from other seating etc. Any of you may have had recent life trauma and were in great need of recuperation.

If people open a dialogue, it becomes an opportunity for sharing equally. It sounds like everyone was very pleasant and the op was sensitive to their needs,not giving up the seat begrudgingly. It's lovely to have others respect and care for everyone. .

I would have given the seat up straight away but then I was taught to respect my elders.

T

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

[Removed by poster at 13/06/20 22:40:20]

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

They wouldn't even have needed to ask, I'd have offered the seat to them.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Why not? He did it in a polite way and you gave him an answer. It's not your seat, so why can't someone ask you? Can't see the problem. "
You can sit on a public seat as long as you like it is none of there business,they where rude,not polite

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"Why not? He did it in a polite way and you gave him an answer. It's not your seat, so why can't someone ask you? Can't see the problem. You can sit on a public seat as long as you like it is none of there business,they where rude,not polite"

There’s lots of things that we could do that are rude, impolite asking a simple question is fine .... no one but the op knows the couples circumstance but my personal thoughts would suggest I move and allow those less able to sit, maybe even, if conditions allowed, sit on the grass close by and engage in some conversation and, if it adds weight, I think all of my friends and family would do the same.

Posting on line to either provoke a reaction or simply troll would be the last thing on my mind. OP you seem aggrieved at being asked ? If the question is a simple we’re you wrong or right.... from this perspective with only the info given... you’re wrong

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"Why not? He did it in a polite way and you gave him an answer. It's not your seat, so why can't someone ask you? Can't see the problem. You can sit on a public seat as long as you like it is none of there business,they where rude,not polite

There’s lots of things that we could do that are rude, impolite asking a simple question is fine .... no one but the op knows the couples circumstance but my personal thoughts would suggest I move and allow those less able to sit, maybe even, if conditions allowed, sit on the grass close by and engage in some conversation and, if it adds weight, I think all of my friends and family would do the same.

Posting on line to either provoke a reaction or simply troll would be the last thing on my mind. OP you seem aggrieved at being asked ? If the question is a simple we’re you wrong or right.... from this perspective with only the info given... you’re wrong "

There is no wrong or right answer you deal with the situation at the time and live with it.

Slow news day.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

For all who say move

Very commendable

You have now just given an older couple cov-19

So if I understand the rules correctly

We should ALL avoid touching anything outside. One reason parks were and play grounds are closed is due to touch cross contamination

We assume the OP has covsars19 and thus I doubt the couple sat there without touching any part of the bench

Be alert save lives dont sit on or touch shit!!! and if the older couple were so vulnerable should they not be extra careful and shielding save the NHS?

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

Just offer them the seat straight away? Why make them wait 10 mins?

I would of gave them the seat straight away. It would be an awkward 10 minutes just sitting knowing they've been hovering about for a while waiting on you moving then to approach and ask, to be told just wait another 10 minutes. I wouldn't of out myself in that position.

By *reakfastCouple  over a year ago

Great Dunmow

"Older than you..that’s your answer right there.

Give them the seat."

Well so much for people being kind during lockdown!!! What utter tripe.

"Just offer them the seat straight away? Why make them wait 10 mins? "

Some people eh

It's the way..people are scared ..but if he was polite I think its ok

By *oung n hung for funMan  over a year ago

Coundon , Bishop Auckland

I'd of sat there even longer, first come first served, old or not, there just Been cheeky, feel free to have a go but there is no law against not giving up your seat for older people

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

"i go out walking every morning,and i walk to a seat up a lane. Its nice to relax there,anyway one day this week i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me near the crossroads.they kept looking over walking around nearby,after a few mins the man approached me and asked me as to how long i was going to sit there,then saying that he's wife liked the seat to rest on and if i was going to sit there they would both just go home. I told them i would remain on the seat 10 mins before i would be walking home. They hovered around and kept looking. I stayed for the ten mins before i went and they thanked me and sat down as quickly as i got up. In my opinion you cannot ask somebody how long they will be sitting on a seat,well i woudnt anyway."

Sounds like he was polite and courteous so do not see the problem. Also sounds like they were correctly wanting to observe social distancing

"i go out walking every morning,and i walk to a seat up a lane. Its nice to relax there,anyway one day this week i was sitting on the seat minding my own business when i noticed a couple older than me turning towards me near the crossroads.they kept looking over walking around nearby,after a few mins the man approached me and asked me as to how long i was going to sit there,then saying that he's wife liked the seat to rest on and if i was going to sit there they would both just go home. I told them i would remain on the seat 10 mins before i would be walking home. They hovered around and kept looking. I stayed for the ten mins before i went and they thanked me and sat down as quickly as i got up. In my opinion you cannot ask somebody how long they will be sitting on a seat,well i woudnt anyway.

Sounds like he was polite and courteous so do not see the problem. Also sounds like they were correctly wanting to observe social distancing"

For goodness sake

By *rystaldenisonWoman  over a year ago

salisbury

im assuming if your 59 (as your profile says) , and they clearly looked older so 70 ish ?

I would of given up my seat for them if elderly

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

People ask in a pub how long you’ll be. (Well I’ve been asked many times) so no different. If we weren’t going through social distancing then they would have just sat down (unlike in a pub where they would ask!) I would have just moved on regardless of age (unless I’d only just sat down and needed the rest myself!).

Mrs J x

Jesus christ, stop being a bell and give them the seat. It's not like they were asking for a million quid or a kidney

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I'd of sat there even longer, first come first served, old or not, there just Been cheeky, feel free to have a go but there is no law against not giving up your seat for older people"

Think you're in a minority of 1 there fella. To each their own but there's really no need to make older people wait around just to be a pain.

I'd have had a chat with them and moved on. Better to be friends with people than not surely.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

They were being polite

I did once ask a girl in a nightclub if she fancied dancing. It went a bit wrong when I said so it's ok for me to have your seat then.

Seems weird this couple waited around for 10 minutes to sit on this seat.

I want to know what’s so special about it

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

"I did once ask a girl in a nightclub if she fancied dancing. It went a bit wrong when I said so it's ok for me to have your seat then. "

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Seems weird this couple waited around for 10 minutes to sit on this seat.

I want to know what’s so special about it "

It's a wishing seat

chelmsford

I want to know what’s so special about it "

Sounds like they are an elderly couple. Perhaps it's their little trip for the day...

Sounds like they are an elderly couple. Perhaps it's their little trip for the day..."

Gosh, I can’t wait to be elderly if the highlight of my day is sitting on a bench

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

I looked out of the window today.

Did anyone else look out of their window ?

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"I'd of sat there even longer, first come first served, old or not, there just Been cheeky, feel free to have a go but there is no law against not giving up your seat for older people"

No need to have a go. You are being honest and showing your true colours and that's fine.

A proper person would have rushed to give up the seat your ONLU 60 ffsk they must have been elderly and they wont lkve long sitting on a seat straight after just any one

Hi Denise,

Was it a bench ?

I always sit at one end now so it gives someone the opportunity to sit at the other end,as long as your breathing forward and not facing each other I'd say your fine.If your not comfortable use a facemask whilst resting.

Show some respect for older people.

wigan

"For all who say move

Very commendable

We should ALL avoid touching anything outside. One reason parks were and play grounds are closed is due to touch cross contamination

We assume the OP has covsars19 and thus I doubt the couple sat there without touching any part of the bench

Be alert save lives dont sit on or touch shit!!! and if the older couple were so vulnerable should they not be extra careful and shielding save the NHS?

Utter shite

"

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

What a stupid comparison. Benches aren't used by people all day. Here's one for you, what if you were the pilot of a plane - would you give up your seat

ps try reading the post properly re them being older

wigan

Sounds like they are an elderly couple. Perhaps it's their little trip for the day...

Gosh, I can’t wait to be elderly if the highlight of my day is sitting on a bench "

It’s possible that while they enjoy a walk and know the benefits that mrs old couple needs a rest half way being that she couldn’t get down to sit on the grass etc they needed/wanted to wait for the bench... it’s maybe not a highlight just a suitable place to rest.

Gosh, I can’t wait to be elderly if the highlight of my day is sitting on a bench

It’s possible that while they enjoy a walk and know the benefits that mrs old couple needs a rest half way being that she couldn’t get down to sit on the grass etc they needed/wanted to wait for the bench... it’s maybe not a highlight just a suitable place to rest."

Id always give up my seat for someone elderly or pregnant whether its a bench, train or bus etc. Its called manners and something well brought up individuals are instilled with as a child.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

This thread has made me utterly cringe and it’s been a diamond of a ‘self blocker’.

If there’s one thing I absolutely cannot bear in this life it’s people who will watch someone else struggle.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think we must have been in lock down too long, people are even complaining about someone being polite

chelmsford

Gosh, I can’t wait to be elderly if the highlight of my day is sitting on a bench "

Well things are a bit restrictive in the present climate, my dad hasn't been out for 12 weeks, he would love to have a walk and sit on a bench and watch the world go by...

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Two things:

I would have given them the bench immediately and I would have been embarrassed not to.

I just can’t believe the number of people in this thread writing ‘ i would of’ instead of ‘I would have’. I’m not going to give a grammar lesson here but it looks as bad as ‘I could to’ . Make it easy for yourselves. The word ‘of’ can’t be used immediately after ‘would’.

By *egalBeetleWoman  over a year ago

London

Being asked isnt rude. You assess it as you see fit- I would have given them my seat.

However it's not only old people who may a need a seat- lots of adult people have "invisible" issues too.

I wouldnt ask someone to move unless i have a reason beyond myself (maybe out with my nieces or elderly relatives etc).

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe the solution is to carry a camping chair when out for a walk.

By *evensnipeMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

To the OP a question. Curious to understand your reaction, do you have a BPD or are you on the ASD?

chelmsford

I think we're all struggling in some way, showing a little kindness to others, in whatever way we can, can only be a good thing

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

In no offense to the OP, at her age I'd give a seat up for her too, never mind someone older.

But then again if I needed to physically rest at a bench, I'd probably not hang round standing for 10 minutes for it to free up

I had back surgery just before the start of lock down so if I needed to sit during my walk, I wouldn't give it up if I needed it

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Why not?!

Personally I'd have let them have the seat. They are older than me, there is two of them that could sit there to enjoy it. I'd just be polite and let them have it. Good deed for the day, you could call it.

If I was really interested then I might say something like "No problem, I come up here every day to relax. It's a nice spot isn't it? If you come up every day too, what time do you come up here, maybe we can work out a time we don't both clash".

-Matt

"I think we're all struggling in some way, showing a little kindness to others, in whatever way we can, can only be a good thing "

chelmsford

"I think we're all struggling in some way, showing a little kindness to others, in whatever way we can, can only be a good thing

"

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"I think we're all struggling in some way, showing a little kindness to others, in whatever way we can, can only be a good thing "

By *ornybobBuilderMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I would have put me tent up and stopped there all day and night

chelmsford

"I think we're all struggling in some way, showing a little kindness to others, in whatever way we can, can only be a good thing

"

ashby de la zouch

Is no one concerned about cov-Sars2 anymore

I'm sure bench sharing was advised as a no no ?

"In no offense to the OP, at her age I'd give a seat up for her too, never mind someone older.

But then again if I needed to physically rest at a bench, I'd probably not hang round standing for 10 minutes for it to free up

I had back surgery just before the start of lock down so if I needed to sit during my walk, I wouldn't give it up if I needed it "

By *ayc_BigballsMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Is no one concerned about cov-Sars2 anymore

I'm sure bench sharing was advised as a no no ? "

you been in Tesco recently?

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

How long had you been sitting on the seat?

Did you need to sit on the seat or were you asserting your right to sit on it? Were there other seats nearby? Each of these questions makes the situation different, if you were simply sitting there to assert your rights I would say you should have moved, or even moved before being asked. If you needed to recover for another ten minutes then all parties did the correct thing

They weren't sharing. They asked when she was leaving so they could sit down.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

She did, read the op "older than her".

If I saw someone older than me I would not get up for the simple reason I suffer from atrial fibrillation and it makes me breathless, so if I were sat down whilst out it would be to catch my breath.

Its the little things in life. We all will be older one day and unable to do the things we once used too. Routines become second nature. RESPECT elderly always. I would have got up straight away and said here take a seat.

chelmsford

"In no offense to the OP, at her age I'd give a seat up for her too, never mind someone older.

I had back surgery just before the start of lock down so if I needed to sit during my walk, I wouldn't give it up if I needed it "

And I wouldn't expect you to, in that situation

chelmsford

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . They may not have been. What if the bench was a sun lounger by the pool you were occupying on your holiday? Is that the same answer?

She did, read the op "older than her".

If I saw someone older than me I would not get up for the simple reason I suffer from atrial fibrillation and it makes me breathless, so if I were sat down whilst out it would be to catch my breath.

"

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

UPDATE. I have since seen that same couple today when i was on my walk. I didnt sit on the seat today as i knew these people were heading there.i spoke to them as i walked passed and they remembered me from last time, i then took another route to walk home.

Aww least they were polite.

What would you have done, if they just sat next to you, without asking?

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"UPDATE. I have since seen that same couple today when i was on my walk. I didnt sit on the seat today as i knew these people were heading there.i spoke to them as i walked passed and they remembered me from last time, i then took another route to walk home."
how nice just shows there’s still nice people in the world

By *etasubTV/TS  over a year ago

West of Newcastle

Not a problem sitting on seats in a local village, seats have been taped over saying do not sit and at one stage the overworked police were making regular patrols to make sure no one was sitting on the taped over seats.

"Not a problem sitting on seats in a local village, seats have been taped over saying do not sit and at one stage the overworked police were making regular patrols to make sure no one was sitting on the taped over seats."

No longer taped off ,I would of stood up straight away and let them sit down ,it’s nice being nice , some people should try it

chelmsford

"Not a problem sitting on seats in a local village, seats have been taped over saying do not sit and at one stage the overworked police were making regular patrols to make sure no one was sitting on the taped over seats.

No longer taped off ,I would of stood up straight away and let them sit down ,it’s nice being nice , some people should try it "

Yes it is, treat as you would like to be treated

"Not a problem sitting on seats in a local village, seats have been taped over saying do not sit and at one stage the overworked police were making regular patrols to make sure no one was sitting on the taped over seats.

No longer taped off ,I would of stood up straight away and let them sit down ,it’s nice being nice , some people should try it

Yes it is, treat as you would like to be treated "

100% agree , gender or age , manners cost nothing , respect others and the world would be a better place

chelmsford

Yes it is, treat as you would like to be treated

100% agree , gender or age , manners cost nothing , respect others and the world would be a better place "

We live in hope

Bristol

I am often amazed at some of the threads that roll and roll, whilst others never get off the ground...Shows how little I know!

At least it highlights how many considerate and thoughtful people we have...

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Only the cowards ...

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

Think you should have let them have the seat.

Thats probably the only time they leave the house

I would have them given the seat when they asked.

Seems a bit mean not to have done

ashby de la zouch

They weren't sharing. They asked when she was leaving so they could sit down."

That's not what I meant

We are advised not to use benches or touch outdoor objects

We assume the OP has cov19 we can be certain both the op and the couple touched the bench

My bubble and I went for a 10 mile walk yesterday 2 children

We avoided all people and told the children not to touch stuff or sit on any bench as per government instructions

Iv been walking 10 k plus every day for months

Iv not touched a style a gate a fence or a bench

No one should walk where they need to touch or use a public object hence toilets are shut outdoor gyms shut

And no I'm sure neither the OP or the couple used hand sanitizer

They might as well of had sex

Age and manners are not relevant

NO ONE should be using benches atm

I've been working and have touched pens, buses, chairs, phones, keyboards etc.

People have to live.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

South of Bideford, Devon

Well maybe you need to read what the OP said again, the OP is 59 (SORRY OP) and they were Older. Was it a Sun lounger ? clearly not.

To me it is the same as giving up your seat on public transport for someone with a greater need.

ashby de la zouch

"The OP did not say the man and his partner were older . They may not have been. What if the bench was a sun lounger by the pool you were occupying on your holiday? Is that the same answer?

Well maybe you need to read what the OP said again, the OP is 59 (SORRY OP) and they were Older. Was it a Sun lounger ? clearly not.

To me it is the same as giving up your seat on public transport for someone with a greater need. "

OP 59

Older is 60

How on earth can we determine who had the greatest need

For fucks sake soon some will be suggesting people should stop work at 65 because as people age they all become useless

For all we know the OP has a muscle condition requiring rest and our 66 year old couple are working still as active participants

Fact remains neither group should be touching public objects without adequate sanitation

Am with you Denise, he shouldn’t have asked, it’s not the done thing regardless of their age, unless one of them was taken ill

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

South of Bideford, Devon

To me it is the same as giving up your seat on public transport for someone with a greater need.

OP 59

Older is 60

For fucks sake soon some will be suggesting people should stop work at 65 because as people age they all become useless

For all we know the OP has a muscle condition requiring rest and our 66 year old couple are working still as active participants

Fact remains neither group should be touching public objects without adequate sanitation "

Why the sweary rant ?

Why are you putting in a load of barriers that have not even been mentioned, If the OP did have a physical issue then maybe she would have indicated it. Of course 60 is older, so is 75.

Every time you leave your house you will touch something that someone else has touched, a supermarket trolley, a door, something on the shelf, a tap..etc, we just have to be sensible and as careful and sanitise as best as we can.

If the OP had not been there at the split second the other couple were there, say a 5 minute interval, would that bench be sterile..NO...Do you wipe the soles of your shoes with sanitiser ?..I bet you don't.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

They weren't sharing. They asked when she was leaving so they could sit down.

That's not what I meant

We are advised not to use benches or touch outdoor objects

We assume the OP has cov19 we can be certain both the op and the couple touched the bench

My bubble and I went for a 10 mile walk yesterday 2 children

We avoided all people and told the children not to touch stuff or sit on any bench as per government instructions

Iv been walking 10 k plus every day for months

Iv not touched a style a gate a fence or a bench

No one should walk where they need to touch or use a public object hence toilets are shut outdoor gyms shut

And no I'm sure neither the OP or the couple used hand sanitizer

They might as well of had sex

Age and manners are not relevant

NO ONE should be using benches atm "

“They might as well of (sic) had sex“

Deary deary me.......Does the sun bring the crazies out ??

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Filing this thread with Knitting Needles on a Plane and Shed Gangbang.

Those that know will know.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

A few weeks ago the government said we were now allowed to sit on park benches. You can also now use a friend's toilet but not their hand towel.

By *old1974Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I'd feel it odd To be asked how long I'd be sitting for? The older couple couldn't know if the OP had problems or not and shouldn't have made the OP feel uncomfortable.

"Filing this thread with Knitting Needles on a Plane and Shed Gangbang.

Those that know will know. "

ashby de la zouch

OP 59

Older is 60

Fact remains neither group should be touching public objects without adequate sanitation

Why the sweary rant ?

Why are you putting in a load of barriers that have not even been mentioned, If the OP did have a physical issue then maybe she would have indicated it. Of course 60 is older, so is 75.

Every time you leave your house you will touch something that someone else has touched, a supermarket trolley, a door, something on the shelf, a tap..etc, we just have to be sensible and as careful and sanitise as best as we can.

If the OP had not been there at the split second the other couple were there, say a 5 minute interval, would that bench be sterile..NO...Do you wipe the soles of your shoes with sanitiser ?..I bet you don't.

"

A fucks sake is certainly not a sweaty rant

And indeed as you mention I suggest a lot of unknowns

Exactly

I remove my shoes thanks

And it matters not that "herd immunity government" now allow bench sitting it's still a contagious area

Yes thanks I do maintain a high hygiene standard x

Dont see why the OP should tell us personal details

Two points

It does not sit right that older automatically suggests more needy more entitled or more respect

Touching communal objects is a needless risk and will assist the second wave

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

NO ONE should be using benches atm "

From May you could according to the guidelines

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I would have said I was sitting there to commemorate my late husband who passed away on this very seat 10 years ago today. I can feel his presence at this moment.

But then that's my dark sense of humour.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Cool story, but there really are more important things to worry about.

chelmsford

Well it sounds like the OP has sorted it out now, so all's good

chelmsford

"Cool story, but there really are more important things to worry about."

I thought it was an interesting post, sparked a few opinions, a deviation from Covid -19

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Hmmm read it again "

Older than her. That could be anything even a year. Why do people not read the words properly?

Leeds

"I would have said I was sitting there to commemorate my late husband who passed away on this very seat 10 years ago today. I can feel his presence at this moment.

"

You and I would get on very well, I would have also said something similar! Or being graphic about needing to sit as I was having a very very bad period with cramps etc....then waited for his face to change in disgust at my condition!

"I would have said I was sitting there to commemorate my late husband who passed away on this very seat 10 years ago today. I can feel his presence at this moment.

You and I would get on very well, I would have also said something similar! Or being graphic about needing to sit as I was having a very very bad period with cramps etc....then waited for his face to change in disgust at my condition! "

Why be mean?

Leeds

You and I would get on very well, I would have also said something similar! Or being graphic about needing to sit as I was having a very very bad period with cramps etc....then waited for his face to change in disgust at my condition!

Why be mean? "

I’m not mean, like the other poster I have a dark sense of humour. Anyway the virus lives on clothes so the ‘older’ people could have caught Covid from OP. Not good.

chelmsford

Why be mean?

I’m not mean, like the other poster I have a dark sense of humour. Anyway the virus lives on clothes so the ‘older’ people could have caught Covid from OP. Not good. "

Let's hope they didn't...

Why be mean?

I’m not mean, like the other poster I have a dark sense of humour. Anyway the virus lives on clothes so the ‘older’ people could have caught Covid from OP. Not good. "

Where does it say she has covid?

chelmsford

Why be mean?

I’m not mean, like the other poster I have a dark sense of humour. Anyway the virus lives on clothes so the ‘older’ people could have caught Covid from OP. Not good.

"

. Now that's a whole new thread!

Leeds

Why be mean?

"

It does not but the rule of thumb is we go about our business assuming others have it, which is why the safety is so important hence my comment that the virus could sit on the bench and the older couple could have caught Covid should the OP have it.

Why be mean?

How do you know the people were not wearing gloves etc ?

If they are that scared of this flu virus,dont go out.

Very rude of them.

Leeds

Why be mean?

How do you know the people were not wearing gloves etc ? "

I assumed not as it was not indicated by the OP in the opening information. If something is not mentioned then take it as gloves were not worn. We can only work on information we have been given.

Quite a few things at play here. If it was a man sitting on the bench I bet the old codger would not have asked. Then there is the age thing, some older people play on the respect thing, I've held doors and gave up seats etc but the ignorant auld cnuts don't even say thx. Ive also seen auld greetin faced moany cnuts have pops at young people in shopping centres for having a bit of boistrous fun but not hurting anyone except disturbing someones wee day out. It sounds in this case the auld codger was polite but tbf he never gave you the respect of letting you sit in peace to enjoy your moment. For all he knew you might have just lost a relative and wanted some alone time. In my eyes respect must go both ways.

Leeds

"Quite a few things at play here. If it was a man sitting on the bench I bet the old codger would not have asked. Then there is the age thing, some older people play on the respect thing, I've held doors and gave up seats etc but the ignorant auld cnuts don't even say thx. Ive also seen auld greetin faced moany cnuts have pops at young people in shopping centres for having a bit of boistrous fun but not hurting anyone except disturbing someones wee day out. It sounds in this case the auld codger was polite but tbf he never gave you the respect of letting you sit in peace to enjoy your moment. For all he knew you might have just lost a relative and wanted some alone time. In my eyes respect must go both ways. "

At last someone who is correct

"Quite a few things at play here. If it was a man sitting on the bench I bet the old codger would not have asked. Then there is the age thing, some older people play on the respect thing, I've held doors and gave up seats etc but the ignorant auld cnuts don't even say thx. Ive also seen auld greetin faced moany cnuts have pops at young people in shopping centres for having a bit of boistrous fun but not hurting anyone except disturbing someones wee day out. It sounds in this case the auld codger was polite but tbf he never gave you the respect of letting you sit in peace to enjoy your moment. For all he knew you might have just lost a relative and wanted some alone time. In my eyes respect must go both ways.

At last someone who is correct "

Haha , I've been called many things in the Scotland forums, never ' correct ' lol.

Maybe you could pop over from time to time and put all those nasty Scots in their place for me.

Hmmm read it again "

LOL, face-palm

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Quite a few things at play here. If it was a man sitting on the bench I bet the old codger would not have asked. Then there is the age thing, some older people play on the respect thing, I've held doors and gave up seats etc but the ignorant auld cnuts don't even say thx. Ive also seen auld greetin faced moany cnuts have pops at young people in shopping centres for having a bit of boistrous fun but not hurting anyone except disturbing someones wee day out. It sounds in this case the auld codger was polite but tbf he never gave you the respect of letting you sit in peace to enjoy your moment. For all he knew you might have just lost a relative and wanted some alone time. In my eyes respect must go both ways. "

Judgemental much?

He did read his statement again

"Quite a few things at play here. If it was a man sitting on the bench I bet the old codger would not have asked. Then there is the age thing, some older people play on the respect thing, I've held doors and gave up seats etc but the ignorant auld cnuts don't even say thx. Ive also seen auld greetin faced moany cnuts have pops at young people in shopping centres for having a bit of boistrous fun but not hurting anyone except disturbing someones wee day out. It sounds in this case the auld codger was polite but tbf he never gave you the respect of letting you sit in peace to enjoy your moment. For all he knew you might have just lost a relative and wanted some alone time. In my eyes respect must go both ways.

Judgemental much? "

Feel free to elaborate. Especially referencing my statement "respect must go both ways" as being judgemental.

Leeds

At last someone who is correct

Haha , I've been called many things in the Scotland forums, never ' correct ' lol.

Maybe you could pop over from time to time and put all those nasty Scots in their place for me. "

I will accept your invitation. I certainly will do that too.....

I'd have told them to get another seat.. are they the seat police or something ?

chelmsford

"I'd have told them to get another seat.. are they the seat police or something ?"

No it's called being respectful to those who may be worse off than you, not a lot of people get it

Leeds

"I'd have told them to get another seat.. are they the seat police or something ?

No it's called being respectful to those who may be worse off than you, not a lot of people get it "

Respect works both ways. Why should someone taking a rest be bothered by a stranger? That person was sat on the bench for private reasons. This is the problem with people, they can’t leave anyone in peace! They should have left her alone! Why can’t people just walk on if a bench is taken! I would never expect anyone to give up a seat for me.

Totally agree with this.

"I'd have told them to get another seat.. are they the seat police or something ?

No it's called being respectful to those who may be worse off than you, not a lot of people get it "

I think it's rude of the couple to be honest. Rushing the girl who's sitting alone and not annoying anyone. But hey ho.. gotta have that particulat seat eh? Feel wick!!

Leeds

How do you know the older couple are worse off than OP? What gives people the right to butt into someone’s private time and ask for the seat! Rule of thumb is if a seat it taken it’s not free! I personally think they were cheeky asking for the seat! They put her in a position where she could not refuse. Cheeky twats!

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

No it's called being respectful to those who may be worse off than you, not a lot of people get it

How do you know the older couple are worse off than OP? What gives people the right to butt into someone’s private time and ask for the seat! Rule of thumb is if a seat it taken it’s not free! I personally think they were cheeky asking for the seat! They put her in a position where she could not refuse. Cheeky twats! "

Except she did

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"For all who say move

Very commendable

"

It's pretty rare not to touch anything when you're out plus, the op may, just may have had a particular reason for sitting on the bench and needed another 10 minutes. Most are assuming that because the couple were older, as stated by the op, they were in more need. That is not necessarily so.

There's another point. There parks WERE shut but no longer are shut so therefore the councils, government etc have deemed the possibility of increased risk acceptable.

I appreciate that you are totally prepared to accept the original scientific advice but decide yourself that when the restrictions are lifted or eased that you don't want to accept it. They're the same scientists who gave the original advice as the ones who gave the updated advice.

I don't think I've EVER seen the advice, rules or regulations that say you shouldn't actually touch anything outside. It's probably more dangerous touching things inside that has previously been touched by a stranger.

It does state that they were older but it doesn't say they needed shielding or they were say over 70 or in fact any medical problems so why would you assume that they were vunerable?

How do you know the older couple are worse off than OP? What gives people the right to butt into someone’s private time and ask for the seat! Rule of thumb is if a seat it taken it’s not free! I personally think they were cheeky asking for the seat! They put her in a position where she could not refuse. Cheeky twats! "

If you have elderly parents and they needed to sit down and someone said no you can wait 10 mins. Who would you be calling the cheeky twats then?

Leeds

How do you know the older couple are worse off than OP? What gives people the right to butt into someone’s private time and ask for the seat! Rule of thumb is if a seat it taken it’s not free! I personally think they were cheeky asking for the seat! They put her in a position where she could not refuse. Cheeky twats!

If you have elderly parents and they needed to sit down and someone said no you can wait 10 mins. Who would you be calling the cheeky twats then? "

Yes because my parents would not disturb someone sat on a bench minding their own business. My parents carried portable fold up chairs which I purchased for them as they lived near a park and visited it regularly.

At the risk of starting a shit storm I’m going to add my two pence worth here. And I’m not trying to hijack the thread by any means.

I was always brought up to respect my elders, however the older I have gotten I have noticed that there are so many old people out there that walk around thinking that they are entitled.

I like to think I am personable and can mix and hold my own with many different people. But yesterday I took my 6 year old son on a bike ride as the weather was nice, route was around 2 miles. He rode on the path as they weren’t any cycle routes, I was on the road next to him where possible. We passed many people on the route, he rings his bell as he approaches people and they always gladly move to one side of the path and he goes onto the grass verge (again where possible to be as respectful as he can given the lay of the land.

We were half way around our route when we saw two people in front of us about 70 yards ahead. Again I was on the road next to the foot path and told my son to keep right next to me to allow the people to pass through safely. As he got closer the couple were still walking two wide on this narrow path making no allowances for my 6 year old son riding next to a road. He barely managed to squeeze past these people (who ended up being a couple in their mid 60’s) and as he wobbled by them due to the panic they had caused him by not moving.

I stopped and said to these people ‘Did you really just do that’ and the old guy started walking at me saying in an aggressive ‘it’s Illegal to ride on the path it’s a £30 fine blah blah blah’

I told him first of all don’t walk up on me being aggressive like that, and secondly he is 6 years old! (Will fully admit at this point I was slightly annoyed) then his wife approached me pointing her finger saying I have two artificial hips it’s illegal to to ride on the path.

Really annoyed at this point I said you have just edged a 6 year old toward the road which could have led to him falling into the road. I asked him ‘would you have moved into single file if another person was passing you’? To which he replied yes I would have moved over. So basically he was prepared to potentially injure a child because of his entitled attitude.

As I say I am more than respectful to everyone (not only old people) and have done many good deeds over the years for people old and young. But there are a proportion of old people that take this saying respect your elders and think it is law and expect it without looking at the individual circumstances that surround a situation.

I have no doubt there will be many different opinions on this but mine is respect everyone not a certain group of people because they have lived 30 years longer than you have.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"At the risk of starting a shit storm I’m going to add my two pence worth here. And I’m not trying to hijack the thread by any means.

I was always brought up to respect my elders, however the older I have gotten I have noticed that there are so many old people out there that walk around thinking that they are entitled.

I like to think I am personable and can mix and hold my own with many different people. But yesterday I took my 6 year old son on a bike ride as the weather was nice, route was around 2 miles. He rode on the path as they weren’t any cycle routes, I was on the road next to him where possible. We passed many people on the route, he rings his bell as he approaches people and they always gladly move to one side of the path and he goes onto the grass verge (again where possible to be as respectful as he can given the lay of the land.

We were half way around our route when we saw two people in front of us about 70 yards ahead. Again I was on the road next to the foot path and told my son to keep right next to me to allow the people to pass through safely. As he got closer the couple were still walking two wide on this narrow path making no allowances for my 6 year old son riding next to a road. He barely managed to squeeze past these people (who ended up being a couple in their mid 60’s) and as he wobbled by them due to the panic they had caused him by not moving.

I stopped and said to these people ‘Did you really just do that’ and the old guy started walking at me saying in an aggressive ‘it’s Illegal to ride on the path it’s a £30 fine blah blah blah’

I told him first of all don’t walk up on me being aggressive like that, and secondly he is 6 years old! (Will fully admit at this point I was slightly annoyed) then his wife approached me pointing her finger saying I have two artificial hips it’s illegal to to ride on the path.

Really annoyed at this point I said you have just edged a 6 year old toward the road which could have led to him falling into the road. I asked him ‘would you have moved into single file if another person was passing you’? To which he replied yes I would have moved over. So basically he was prepared to potentially injure a child because of his entitled attitude.

As I say I am more than respectful to everyone (not only old people) and have done many good deeds over the years for people old and young. But there are a proportion of old people that take this saying respect your elders and think it is law and expect it without looking at the individual circumstances that surround a situation.

I have no doubt there will be many different opinions on this but mine is respect everyone not a certain group of people because they have lived 30 years longer than you have."

Have seen groups of all ages taking up full width of footpaths around here, so not just those in the older age brackets.

Incidentally, children are permitted to ride on footpaths/pavements from memory it's something to do with the wheel sizes, but they have always been permitted. Adults riding on pavements are a different issue (unless a specially designated multi use/split pavement)

By *ictoriaathomeTV/TS  over a year ago

Huddersfield

"At the risk of starting a shit storm I’m going to add my two pence worth here. And I’m not trying to hijack the thread by any means.

I have no doubt there will be many different opinions on this but mine is respect everyone not a certain group of people because they have lived 30 years longer than you have."

Like you I respect everybody no matter age colour or creed, I'm an easy going person. But I have to agree that there are certain section of the people who think they are 'owed' respect, unfortunately more in the elder section of the community. Must admit I tend to think 'just smile and ignore them, walk on by', but when the start to mouth off just because they are older I tend to give it back. I make no apology for this but respect is a two way street, treat everybody how you want to be treated!!

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

As a cyclist, I don't appreciate people riding on a pavement. Perhaps going to a park etc to learn to ride, and then going on the road. If your son hurts someone on the pavement, it's your fault. It's not a good place to ride, considering dogs, other young kids, elder etc. Did you expect the elderly folk to go into the road, when your child should push his bike on a pavement.

Leeds

Going back to the original thread. Would the older couple move off a bench if someone younger asked them to? I very much doubt it.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I don't see a problem with them asking. If they have walked say half an hour to sit on the seat, then find it occupied, it makes sense to find out how soon it will be available. If you say five minutes then it is worth hanging around. If you say an hour then they might as well head home. They would have felt pretty stupid if they had not asked, but turned around to walk home, only for you to leave 30 seconds later.

What you consider passive aggressive I consider sensible.

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Im a gentleman and i would have given up my seat,

Yorkshire

I’m gonna really rattle this up now... I once asked a woman the same that was sat in a shopping centre food court with empty trays infront of her playing a game on her phone.

I had a toddler with me and my food was going clap cold. (I now find a seat before I go to the counter!)

She went nuts aswell!!

Leeds

If a seat is taken it’s not free. That person got the seat first.

No one should expect anyone to give up a seat for them. It’s not the person in the seats problem someone is older or they have a child with them.

Why should they give up the seat? First come, first served is my motto!

What a stupid comnent.

For a child to hurt someone on a path is better then the child getting hit by a car an possibly killed.

Also a child can be put of riding altogether by idiots driving to close in cars.

"As a cyclist, I don't appreciate people riding on a pavement. Perhaps going to a park etc to learn to ride, and then going on the road. If your son hurts someone on the pavement, it's your fault. It's not a good place to ride, considering dogs, other young kids, elder etc. Did you expect the elderly folk to go into the road, when your child should push his bike on a pavement. "

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Certain people have behavioural issues that we can be unaware of. Some people when out for a walk need to fulfil certain rituals before their anxiety subsides. Sitting on THAT particular bench may have been one of them.

They were polite, they waited patiently, and the OP fulfilled her own desire to stay for another 10 minutes.

I don't think it was a strange request in the slightest.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

I really glad not to have met some of the people on this thread.

I'll not comment just block and be glad.

Yorkshire

"I really glad not to have met some of the people on this thread.

I'll not comment just block and be glad."

I’m wondering if some of these folk engage in my fave hobby ever - giving away my parking ticket to save the other woman £1.30.

Leeds

I'll not comment just block and be glad."

A thread is for debates. We are all entitled to our opinions on here while following site rules. If someone disagrees with you then it’s not for you to query that.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

This is what's called being entitled. Give up your seat, stop being mean.

"older. 100% let them have the seat. "

Agree. You had a right of sorts to be there, but the seat seemed inconsequential to you. Did you sit there for the full ten minutes to prove some point?

They, the older couple, who have likely been cocooning, walked specifically for the bench.

I'd have let them had their solace 100%. It's the little things.

".

Saying it's illegal to ride on the path it’s a £30 fine blah blah blah’

Ip his wife approached me pointing her finger saying I have two artificial hips it’s illegal to to ride on the path.

"

The quickest of Google would have revealed they were correct and you are in the wrong.

Bikes are a road vehicle. You compromised and endangered the path as a safe walk place.

Learn how to ride bikes properly before you go on the road and/or plan your route better. If you are not Inna group who are in control of the bikes enough to go on the road - plan a route that involves cycle lanes or green ways only.

As some saving grace, you were in high vis with helmets on I suppose?

chelmsford

She did refuse....

chelmsford

We don't know the ages of the couple, they were older, we don't know if the OP had medical issues, so she needed to sit down, that would be understandable, of course and yes she had every right to sit there, but please show a little kindness to those who appear to be more vulnerable than yourselves and hopefully someone will do the same for you, when you are older or more vulnerable

Leeds

She did refuse...."

No she made them wait 10 minutes, she did not refuse as they got the seat then.

Why are people not happy that forumites have their own opinion?

Milton Keynes

Can some of you silly people please read the OP's post again.

The couple never asked for the seat and they never asked her to move.

They simply enquired how long she was going to be seated. The OP gave her reply and the couple patiently waited.

Leeds

"We don't know the ages of the couple, they were older, we don't know if the OP had medical issues, so she needed to sit down, that would be understandable, of course and yes she had every right to sit there, but please show a little kindness to those who appear to be more vulnerable than yourselves and hopefully someone will do the same for you, when you are older or more vulnerable "

How do you know the couple were more vulnerable than the OP? People have illnesses that cannot be seen physically.

Leeds

"Can some of you silly people please read the OP's post again.

They simply enquired how long she was going to be seated. The OP gave her reply and the couple patiently waited."

They enquired which means they wanted the seat otherwise why would they ask?

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Mmmm spanking benches love a spanking bench, having her bend over, my hand, softly but firmly caressing her naked arse, listening to her breathing, feeling her expectation of the intending next stroke of my hand. Whack, her gasp, her body twitching with a mix of fear, excitement, not wanting pain but delighting in the tingle the spank gave her...... sorry, what was you all talking about.

Adam

chelmsford

Just to add, the OP saw the couple on another day and left the seat for them.

chelmsford

She did refuse....

No she made them wait 10 minutes, she did not refuse as they got the seat then.

Why are people not happy that forumites have their own opinion? "

I'm quite happy you have your opinion where have I said otherwise?

Milton Keynes

They simply enquired how long she was going to be seated. The OP gave her reply and the couple patiently waited.

They enquired which means they wanted the seat otherwise why would they ask? "

Of course they wanted the seat, they wouldn't have enquired otherwise. They didn't ask for the seat though as you keep referring too. There is a difference.

chelmsford

They simply enquired how long she was going to be seated. The OP gave her reply and the couple patiently waited."

Yes

chelmsford

"We don't know the ages of the couple, they were older, we don't know if the OP had medical issues, so she needed to sit down, that would be understandable, of course and yes she had every right to sit there, but please show a little kindness to those who appear to be more vulnerable than yourselves and hopefully someone will do the same for you, when you are older or more vulnerable

How do you know the couple were more vulnerable than the OP? People have illnesses that cannot be seen physically. "

I think I addressed that, I did say we don't know if the OP had medical issues...Yes that could make her more vulnerable.

Well said.

I'll not comment just block and be glad.

A thread is for debates. We are all entitled to our opinions on here while following site rules. If someone disagrees with you then it’s not for you to query that. "

"Just to add, the OP saw the couple on another day and left the seat for them. "

Wow she has gone from zero to hero then!!!!!

Good on her change of shitty selfish attitude!!

T

Leeds

"Just to add, the OP saw the couple on another day and left the seat for them.

T"

Ooooooh lol

chelmsford

T"

It may suggest she was less vulnerable than the couple older than her too

Leeds

T

It may suggest she was less vulnerable than the couple older than her too "

You’re making assumptions. Why?

Yorkshire

Surely if op had a disability/vulnerability had she would have at least indicated so in her OP as a ‘defence’ to her refusal?

Yes "

chelmsford

T

You’re making assumptions. Why? "

Because if she were more vulnerable, she may have mentioned she needed to rest for 10 minutes, which is perfectly reasonable

chelmsford

T

You’re making assumptions. Why? "

Because if she were more vulnerable, she may have mentioned she needed to rest for 10 minutes, which is perfectly reasonable

And yes, she may have mentioned it in her OP then there might not have been such a lively debate