FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Shopping or Home delivery?

Shopping or Home delivery?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are generally going by the rule that if it can't be delivered then we aren't having it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why? Are you shielding or particularly vulnerable?

I am so out of the habit now of going in shops. If masks are made compulsory they can forget me ever going in. I can't hear what people are saying and I feel very very uncomfortable round people in them. I know it's irrational but I can't help it. I don't agree with any of this stuff going on so will have as little to do with it as I Possibly can.

I've been shopping twice a week. No car either - stayed in the rest of the days. As from 26 June, I'll be on the deliveries...

Its a ball ache ducking and diving from people....

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I've been doing click and collect as I've not been able to get a home delivery slot at all.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I have been shopping the whole time, I space out, sanitize and only touch what I want to buy

"I have been shopping the whole time, I space out, sanitize and only touch what I want to buy"

^ this

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

If you avoid shopping at peak times,it's not so bad

Shopping after nightshift are easiest for me ,no queue's,I can get in sainsbury's at carers time,lidle I've found I can go straight in 15 minutes after opening or after 6.30pm

Tesco's always has huge queues so I've not been there last two months

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

The irony being, we've had our weekly shopping home delivered from the supermarkets for the past 15 years. Wife doesn't drive, and I've got better things to spend my time on than traipsing around a supermarket.

But since covid-19 we've pretty much been unable to get a delivery slot, so I've ended up donning a mask and going to the supermarket to do my shopping out of necessity. Generally cycle over once a week, can fit most of a small trolley's worth on back of the bike.

Surprisingly it is a lot more pleasant shopping in supermarkets now that they restrict the numbers and not as many people shopping!

-Matt

"The irony being, we've had our weekly shopping home delivered from the supermarkets for the past 15 years. Wife doesn't drive, and I've got better things to spend my time on than traipsing around a supermarket.

But since covid-19 we've pretty much been unable to get a delivery slot, so I've ended up donning a mask and going to the supermarket to do my shopping out of necessity. Generally cycle over once a week, can fit most of a small trolley's worth on back of the bike.

Surprisingly it is a lot more pleasant shopping in supermarkets now that they restrict the numbers and not as many people shopping!

-Matt"

I agree! The supermarket I go to is great. One way system, restricted numbers, organised queueing system for the tills.

I go twice a week because I have no reason to use home delivery. Other people need it.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Not left my house since 23 March and during that time only able to get one delivery slot from Tesco. Sainsbury only deliver to those on their vulnerable list.

Thankfully Ben has done the shopping.

Looks like deliveries isn't my best idea, reading the threads after my last message!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've done in store shopping and had a few times when people got too close. I'm continuing with this and shop for others too. Be sensible and take precautions and don't spend much time close to people.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Is anyone actually going to stand in a 50+ line for an hour outside primark tomorrow, some folks will

"Is anyone actually going to stand in a 50+ line for an hour outside primark tomorrow, some folks will "

I bet it will be more people than that , a bloke I work with he’s wife is going there at 12 am to wait outside , utter madness , give it a week or so and no one will be outside like the supermarkets, sheep , we are not Human but sheep at times

"Is anyone actually going to stand in a 50+ line for an hour outside primark tomorrow, some folks will "

I had to read that twice....I thought you meant it was a line for people aged 50+

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

My weekly walk on a Friday includes going to the supermarket, I won’t use delivery service as I don’t need it.

I’m getting used to the queuing system and don’t find it too much of a hassle. As I used to go three times a week, it’s quite good for the wallet as well

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've been getting my groceries myself until I fell ill. Keeping grocery slots for people who needed them - and then I became one of them.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

. There's no problem getting a slot in this area now, Iceland and Tesco often have them for the following day.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Couldn’t think of anything worse, well other than queuing at McDonalds lol

Manchester (she/her)

". There's no problem getting a slot in this area now, Iceland and Tesco often have them for the following day. "

Unfortunately it's a week to a week and a half wait here at the moment

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Never had a food home delivery in my life, I like to make sure everything’s fresh and well in date, not sure I would get that on a home delivery, plus like to see if there’s anything new to try

Forum Mod

East Sussex

". There's no problem getting a slot in this area now, Iceland and Tesco often have them for the following day.

Unfortunately it's a week to a week and a half wait here at the moment"

I do know it varies according to location. I've had terrible problems getting my parents deliveries and they're only 15 miles away but that's eased off now. I look forward to my mum ringing me to complain about the missing items and substitutions as if it's my fault . When I tell her she should give the subs back if she's not happy she tells me she doesn't like to

Manchester (she/her)

". There's no problem getting a slot in this area now, Iceland and Tesco often have them for the following day.

I do know it varies according to location. I've had terrible problems getting my parents deliveries and they're only 15 miles away but that's eased off now. I look forward to my mum ringing me to complain about the missing items and substitutions as if it's my fault . When I tell her she should give the subs back if she's not happy she tells me she doesn't like to "

I'm with your mum

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I do know it varies according to location. I've had terrible problems getting my parents deliveries and they're only 15 miles away but that's eased off now. I look forward to my mum ringing me to complain about the missing items and substitutions as if it's my fault . When I tell her she should give the subs back if she's not happy she tells me she doesn't like to

I'm with your mum "

Well at least you don't ring me and tell me off . Oh and by the way I keep ordering her too many tins of beans

Manchester (she/her)

I'm with your mum

Well at least you don't ring me and tell me off . Oh and by the way I keep ordering her too many tins of beans "

Nope, I keep my grumbling to myself.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Despite my age I find myself shopping not only for myself but for my neighbours, both cancer sufferers on 12 week isolation and for a disabled friend who for some reason cannot get a delivery slot,

I am an avid Morrisons fan and have shopped there for the past 20years. I shop on a Saturday morning at 7am, go straight in and get at least 95% of what I am looking for, I work to a shopping list with no impulse buying and am usually out by 7.30.

I repeat the process on a Tuesday morning for top ups an an assortment of magazines.

That is the only shopping I do, anything else I need I buy on line.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Just been shopping as normal ..... no big deal here

» Add a new message to this topic