First all the people gathering in the parks and on the beaches

Then the VE day parties

Then the protest/ raves parties

Who like me thinks we are over this?? "

I really hope so but i been thinking same aswell

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

It looks great that numbers are coming down. However I would like us to get through the next winter before saying we seem to be over this

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

It's a wait and see what happens, I hope we don't get a second wave but we cannot ignore the potential of it happening, it is all a experiment with a huge number of variables, everyone knows how to keep themselves safe now, its whether they take responsibility and do it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Honestly I was relying on a second wave to fully convince me this virus was actually that bad in the first place.

All the protestors, looting riots and all the crazy people (personal opinion is these clearly don't give a rats ass about their own life or anyone else by grouping up like this if the virus is still ongoing) have had huge crowds of people and so far not hearing anything about spikes in infection.

So yeah! I put it on par with flu which no matter how many times people bitch and moan it's a killer no one gives a flying fuck.

The UK peak was between 10/04/20 & 12/04/20, and it's been dropping since.

Under Blair it was Iraqi WMD, under Bojo it's the second wave.

As was proven, Iraq WMD that could be deployed against the UK was false.

I suspect the 2nd wave of C-19 will provevto be similar.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Would.love to think we over it.. our hospital has no pts in icu and only 36 covid pts in hospital the daily numbers are falling as quick as they were rising........but we know bugget all about the mutation or genetics of this virus so i for 1 am still sceptical about this being OVER soon.. maybe no 2nd wave as such but pockets of outbreaks because people think it is over when clearly its not . Stay safe.. stay alert

"It looks great that numbers are coming down. However I would like us to get through the next winter before saying we seem to be over this"

Winter is worrying.

Beijing and some other places are being locked down again due to an increase in infections. Perhaps now that we know more about the virus we will be able to prevent a large second wave.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

Of course it's over it was never really here in the sense of it being the 'plague from hell' as it was sold.

The collateral deaths from lockdown, lack of NHS treatment for ordinary conditions and the massive recession that is coming will be far worse than from Covid19 - but for some strange reason those deaths shouldn't be counted in the equation.

The virus is still out there in my opinion so all we can do is look after ourselves and loved ones.Social distancing will be the norm for a long time and i fear when Covid has gone there will be other viruses around the corner.It does worry me about meets,so when time is right, just people i trust , wont be as free and easy which is a shame.Take care.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Who like me thinks we are over this??

Of course it's over it was never really here in the sense of it being the 'plague from hell' as it was sold.

The collateral deaths from lockdown, lack of NHS treatment for ordinary conditions and the massive recession that is coming will be far worse than from Covid19 - but for some strange reason those deaths shouldn't be counted in the equation."

Or maybe the strategy of shutting down most of the world stopped the spread ?

By *ylon pussyMan  over a year ago

leeds

[Removed by poster at 15/06/20 14:33:26]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We can have wishful thinking but that still doesn't mean that it's reality. Expect a chronic wave, without unreasonably bothering to try to delineate into abstract numbers.

The UK has acted very poorly, compared to the rest of the world. Assuming that it can celebrate and shake off the shackles that others are doing, when they chose the more intelligent pathways that we didn't, is foolish.

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Nope, not me. It’s still a very real thing until a full vaccine is found. I’m know that’s a contentious issue here and I will respect your right not to believe in one if you respect mine.

We are seeing the beginnings of what could be a second wave in China long after they declared it over with.

Second wave can come at anytime

"Nope, not me. It’s still a very real thing until a full vaccine is found. I’m know that’s a contentious issue here and I will respect your right not to believe in one if you respect mine.

We are seeing the beginnings of what could be a second wave in China long after they declared it over with.

Second wave can come at anytime "

To be fair I would call the Beijing incident a spike not a second wave. The have had spikes in northern China and again in wuhan.

I m sure we will get spikes here as well.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

If there are 1000+ new infections a day and people are still dying in hospital and elsewhere we aren't 'over it' nor are we likely to be for some time to come.

'Second waves'? Who knows. Given there were 1300 initial infections from Europe rather than one 'patient zero'. Any virology experts on here?

"Have people on here said the 2nd wave will be here

Then the VE day parties

I would like to think so, but don't.

VE day and the recent gatherings are still too recent. They will have an impact. So will any relaxation. Let's face it, nothing has changed. There is mo caccine or proper treatment. If we rake tge foot off then there will surely be more cases and deaths.

R number is already slightly worse. Over 1 in some areas.

Then the VE day parties

Who like me thinks we are over this??

I would like to think so, but don't.

VE day and the recent gatherings are still too recent. They will have an impact. So will any relaxation. Let's face it, nothing has changed. There is mo caccine or proper treatment. If we rake tge foot off then there will surely be more cases and deaths.

R number is already slightly worse. Over 1 in some areas."

Fucking poor typing!

Professor Hugh Pennington says there will be no second wave wave with covid but no government listened to him

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Then the VE day parties

No 2nd wave sadly October without vaccine were stuffed

Such a, selfishh country we live in

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

200 a day dying still not over 1st wave

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"200 a day dying still not over 1st wave "

What else can I say but ...

"200 a day dying still not over 1st wave "

That number provides no context. We need to look at extra deaths. Alot of people who have died who sadly would have likely died anyway from other infections and diseases.

What will be interesting is seeing the impact of lockdown which I feer will now be much worse than covid itself.

By *arkandsmooth42Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

The ONLY good thing about these mass numbers in protesters/defenders/cameramen etc, is that in 2 weeks time, if there ISN'T a dramatic spike, then surely that proves as long as, as a nation, we're sensible, and keep up with the sanitising etc, we should be able to carve back some relative normality.

By *arkandsmooth42Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

"200 a day dying still not over 1st wave

That number provides no context. We need to look at extra deaths. Alot of people who have died who sadly would have likely died anyway from other infections and diseases.

What will be interesting is seeing the impact of lockdown which I feer will now be much worse than covid itself. "

Yes very true. Interesting that even if some people are dying of other conditions, covid 19 is tagged as the cause which is both unfair and inaccurate.

"The ONLY good thing about these mass numbers in protesters/defenders/cameramen etc, is that in 2 weeks time, if there ISN'T a dramatic spike, then surely that proves as long as, as a nation, we're sensible, and keep up with the sanitising etc, we should be able to carve back some relative normality."

Guinea pigs.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

By the time we get to next weekend we will see the the deaths in the teens.... Time to open things back up and only pay and protect the elderly and the vulnerable.... Rest can get back to work

No deaths in Worcestershire for last 5 days. 36 patients in hospital....didnt get the figures on how many of those in ICU.

Definitely dropping more rapidly round here (but we ain't got any beaches and the most statues are of Elgar so no-one had a pop at him (yet).

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

Daily death rate was 181. Still lots of people dying. How can anyone say that we are over it.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_COVID-19_pandemic_in_the_United_Kingdom

All the information is there for anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

You are idiotic to believe we are "over" this

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

What will be interesting is seeing the impact of lockdown which I feer will now be much worse than covid itself. "

Ok, so normally in the ~ 3 month period of Covid, the UK would have 150,000 deaths. Instead we had 215,000 deaths. The extra deaths are clearly because of Covid - their weren’t more road accidents, accidents at work, etc. They were’extra’ to what we normally experience in this country. So unless you know of some alternative illness we might have got in this period, it is Covid

Social distancing will be reduced to 1m from 4th July and it will be confirmed on Thursday 25th june

But face mask may have to be worn all the time to help reduce the risk of transmission

What will be interesting is seeing the impact of lockdown which I feer will now be much worse than covid itself.

Ok, so normally in the ~ 3 month period of Covid, the UK would have 150,000 deaths. Instead we had 215,000 deaths. The extra deaths are clearly because of Covid - their weren’t more road accidents, accidents at work, etc. They were’extra’ to what we normally experience in this country. So unless you know of some alternative illness we might have got in this period, it is Covid "

Have you thought about people who are avoiding hospitals and not getting treatment so there's additional heart attacks and strokes, people who are not receiving cancer treatment, people who have committed suicide due to depression of being isolated.....

Ok, so normally in the ~ 3 month period of Covid, the UK would have 150,000 deaths. Instead we had 215,000 deaths. The extra deaths are clearly because of Covid - their weren’t more road accidents, accidents at work, etc. They were’extra’ to what we normally experience in this country. So unless you know of some alternative illness we might have got in this period, it is Covid

Have you thought about people who are avoiding hospitals and not getting treatment so there's additional heart attacks and strokes, people who are not receiving cancer treatment, people who have committed suicide due to depression of being isolated..... "

It's all the ones who are still at home on a 3 month holiday

You should know if anyone dies now can only be COVID19

It will be the same ones moaning when they are made redundant

Some of us haven't stopped working since this started.. But hey every cloud

"

Have you thought about people who are avoiding hospitals and not getting treatment"

Not to mention the spikes in injuries due to attempted home improvements! :D

» Add a new message to this topic