FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Figures

Figures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icelongcock OP   Man  over a year ago

mountain ash

I can't say how I'm connected.. But this is the latest.

In the UK... 80% of All tested positive cases that are asymptomatic.

Due to not being tested positive prior to a death... Nearly all death certs say covid. If you can't rule it out it's ruled in.

The actual death rate is likely to be about a fifth. So out of 40k cases the true number us likely to around 8k.

Only 3 cases of children between 1 and 14 have died. All had underlying problems.

Yes we must shield the vulnerable but your chances of dying from this are equal to seasonal flu.

In the 2018 flu season 56k people died in the UK.. The worst in recent years.

Media has had a big part to play in people's attitude.

The 2m rule will not guarantee safety. On a windy day 10m may not be enough.

This virus will not be going away ever.

We administer flu shots every winter. They have a 10% chance of success so 9 out of 10 people get immunised without benefit.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't meet... But going forward as we are.. You'll never meet again!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I can't say how I'm connected.. But this is the latest.

Due to not being tested positive prior to a death... Nearly all death certs say covid. If you can't rule it out it's ruled in.

The actual death rate is likely to be about a fifth. So out of 40k cases the true number us likely to around 8k.

Only 3 cases of children between 1 and 14 have died. All had underlying problems.

Yes we must shield the vulnerable but your chances of dying from this are equal to seasonal flu.

We administer flu shots every winter. They have a 10% chance of success so 9 out of 10 people get immunised without benefit.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't meet... But going forward as we are.. You'll never meet again!

"

Where are you getting 80% testing positive are asymptomatic figure from ?

By *69BANMan  over a year ago

Reading

"

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence (Hitchen's razor)

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

In the 2018/9 flu season 1,692 people died from flu in the UK.

Death rates change each year, with varying effectiveness and uptake of the vaccine amongst factors that influence this.

But 1,692 people losing their lives in 2018/9 is rather different to covid-19 this year.

There are lots of threads from the people who downplay the virus, this 1 appears along the same lines. We've not responded appropriately all the way through the pandemic and being too strong and effective in our response to it isn't valid.

mountain ash

There were over 50,000 excess winter deaths in England and Wales last winter, the highest recorded since 1975/76, according to data released by the Office of National Statistics (ONS).

mountain ash

This is the latest figure being quoted between medical companies researching the anti viral vaccinations. I have direct contact.. Hence I can't say how I'm connected.

"This is the latest figure being quoted between medical companies researching the anti viral vaccinations. I have direct contact.. Hence I can't say how I'm connected. "

Ah inside information, say no more nudge nudge, wink wink.

By *uiet confidenceMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Unbelievable

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

I know, I know ... you're pinnochio aren't you

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"This is the latest figure being quoted between medical companies researching the anti viral vaccinations. I have direct contact.. Hence I can't say how I'm connected. "

Hearsay isn't the best tool for us to research health issues. I the vaccination levels were comparable or better than the previous year when 1,692 people died from flu. The flu strains were also similar in the 19/20 winter I think, which matched the vaccination mix similarly.

What explanations is there for deaths changing from 1,692 the previous year?

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

There are many threads that say they have 'inside information' yet as yourself none are prepared to back up their figures/quotes. I think I will stick to official figures rather than what I would say are speculative information

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

"

Your flu effectiveness figures are all wrong . . .

Protection from the flu virus varies for different age groups. In children aged 2-17, the flu vaccine prevented 66% of flu cases in 2016-17, 27% of flu cases in 2017-18, and 49% of flu cases in 2018-19. However, in the over 65 age group the inactivated flu vaccine worked less well than it did in other adults and children. In 2016-17, the data suggest that the inactivated flu vaccine did not work at all in people aged over 65, whilst in 2017-2018 it resulted in slightly better results in that age group. Due to the lower effectiveness of the inactivated flu vaccine in older people, a vaccine containing an adjuvant was introduced for the 2018-19 season. This is a substance that strengthens and lengthens the immune response to the vaccine and resulted in better prevention of flu in people aged 65 or over in 2018-19. The adjuvanted vaccine is still recommended for this age group in the 2019-20 season.

. . . Plus those who get the vaccine and are protected against it don't pass it on.

So the overall protection is higher for everyone.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

More anti media spin. The fake news crazy is still going well. Now that we can’t blame the EU for everything that’s crap in this country, it looks like the new scapegoat is identified: the media!

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"

Correct and people don't realise that last year 627000 people died in the UK alone

the wetlands

Correct and people don't realise that last year 627000 people died in the UK alone"

And in April Covid 19 became the biggest cause of death on the planet, surpassing cancer

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't meet... But going forward as we are.. You'll never meet again!"

Pretty much every sentence of this is bullshit.

Or.....

Let’s have some verifiable links please.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS  over a year ago

Yorkshire

The 10 m figure was/is a hypothetical model from the US based in healthcare settings. 80% asymptomatic? Source please!

The jury is out on those sorts of cases actually being able to transmit sufficient viral matter to others to infect them. That IS well known.

The whole world wouldn't of shut down if this wasn't serious enough to warrant it. That's the only evidence I need. Money makes the world go round. No country want's a recession. It's probably why Boris held off shutting everything until it was quite apparent things were going to get worse.

facts and Figures

Matt Hancock, Minster of Health - from

the horse's mouth shall we say

A few days ago he admitted that as many of 80% of those infected with Covid show no symptoms at all.

Don't you watch the briefings ?

If you google Iceland and Covid you will see that they have mass tested most of their population and it seems to be showing that 50% have had the virus and have not had any symptoms

If you google Diamond Princess and testing you will see that 76% of the passengers had Covid and had no symptoms while only 4% were taken ill

If you google testing in American prisons you will see that four states have done mass testing and found that in a total of 3000 tested, 96% - yes 96% - of prisoners have had Covid with no symptoms

Correct and people don't realise that last year 627000 people died in the UK alone

And in April Covid 19 became the biggest cause of death on the planet, surpassing cancer"

In the last 20 years an average (fairly constant) of 1.5 million people died per year of a droplet bourne borne respiratory disease for which there IS an effective vaccine and simple treatment. Far outweighing covid deaths so far....

TB.

Official figures, readily available.

Still nowhere near total cancer deaths tho...?

"facts and Figures

A few days ago he admitted that as many of 80% of those infected with Covid show no symptoms at all.

If you google Iceland and Covid you will see that they have mass tested most of their population and it seems to be showing that 50% have had the virus and have not had any symptoms

If you google Diamond Princess and testing you will see that 76% of the passengers had Covid and had no symptoms while only 4% were taken ill

If you google testing in American prisons you will see that four states have done mass testing and found that in a total of 3000 tested, 96% - yes 96% - of prisoners have had Covid with no symptoms"

I must admit, at first I watched the briefings but they started to get boring and I zoned out

the wetlands

"

Still nowhere near total cancer deaths tho...?"

Apparently more people died of covid19 in April worldwide than of cancer. Not total of all time obviously

Yorkshire

Matt Hancock saying something doesn't carry quite the same weight as a peer reviewed, fully evidenced scientific paper.

The Iceland article didn't actually give any evidence at all for the headline figure claimed, (at least the one I read) rather it referred to one Italian study of 3000 people.

London

"If you google Iceland and Covid you will see that they have mass tested most of their population and it seems to be showing that 50% have had the virus and have not had any symptoms"

Google is not the purveyor of fact, neither is any sentence which includes the phrase “seems to be showing”

Iceland has a population of 341,145.

By today they had carried out 63,184 tests, some of which will have been for the same people, but let’s given them the benefit of the doubt and say 1 in 5.3 or just under 19% of the population.

Total cases to date: 1810 so 1 in 35 of those tested.

Total deaths 10.

Source: www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

Given that you were that far off with your “Googling” I’m going to assume (as if I didn’t already know) that the rest of your stats are bollocks as well.

By *outhlondon_guyMan  over a year ago

London

"

I guess the real question here is whether you're knowingly lying, or just so misinformed it's actually quite tragic

Does the UK Office of National Statistics count as 'fake news' too?

"Out of those people that tested positive for COVID-19 over the study period, only 23% (95% confidence interval: 15% to 32%) reported experiencing one or more of the various symptoms at the time of their test. Out of those who reported testing positive, 33% (95% confidence interval: 23% to 44%) reported experiencing symptoms at any point in the period around testing positive. "

Source : https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/12june2020#characteristics-of-people-testing-positive-for-covid-19

So yes, about 75% of cases based on that official dataset appear to be asymptomatic.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

And in April Covid 19 became the biggest cause of death on the planet, surpassing cancer

In the last 20 years an average (fairly constant) of 1.5 million people died per year of a droplet bourne borne respiratory disease for which there IS an effective vaccine and simple treatment. Far outweighing covid deaths so far....

TB.

Official figures, readily available.

Still nowhere near total cancer deaths tho...?"

The average estimate of flu deaths by WHO is between 290000 and 650000.

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"

What reputable source is this from? The official figures for cases is based on positive results for tests carried out. Until mid May only key workers could get community tests. So loads of people missed. Department of Health admits testing misses 20% of positive cases. So loads of people missing. Independent research puts figure of 30% of positive cases missed, so more people missing. Different hospitals had different reporting mechanisms for deaths which were possible COVID but not tested, which I understand to have been made more consistent. If anything there have been covid deaths in the community which have been missed and the government isn’t rushing to add them to the figures. Feel free to say the price of lockdown isn’t worth the benefit, which is a legitimate debate, but don’t say the figures are being manipulated without evidence.

London

"Does the UK Office of National Statistics count as 'fake news' too?

"Out of those people that tested positive for COVID-19 over the study period, only 23% (95% confidence interval: 15% to 32%) reported experiencing one or more of the various symptoms at the time of their test. Out of those who reported testing positive, 33% (95% confidence interval: 23% to 44%) reported experiencing symptoms at any point in the period around testing positive. "

Source : https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/12june2020#characteristics-of-people-testing-positive-for-covid-19

So yes, about 75% of cases based on that official dataset appear to be asymptomatic."

Funny how you neglected to quote the paragraph immediately after the ones you presented:

“This analysis is based on 97 individuals in the sample who tested positive for COVID-19. This is a very small denominator, meaning the confidence intervals are wide. Additionally, with such a small number of cases included in this analysis, if any of these are false-positives this would have a large effect on the results”.

So the data set was tiny, and subject to major potential margins of error. Also, 75% asymptomatic is not a correct figure (even based on that sample), which shows that you don’t understand the information directly in front of you. Moreover, the symptoms were those that the government were using at the time, which were extremely narrow, and did not, for instance include loss of taste and of smell, or stomach cramps. Also, there’s a difference between reporting symptoms and actually having them.

As Disraeli said there's 3 types of lies.

Lies, dam lies, and statistics. lol

Reading

"facts and Figures

If you google testing in American prisons you will see that four states have done mass testing and found that in a total of 3000 tested, 96% - yes 96% - of prisoners have had Covid with no symptoms"

You remind me of the Ralph Wiggum meme sitting in front of a computer saying 'I'm a resurcher'

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

I find it really interesting how many 'insiders' there are on fab.

Bristol

232 deaths today. Remember when they used to tell us that we were following the same curve as the French and that we were two weeks behind them. Well, France hasn't had more than 200 deaths for more than a month and they have 13 000 fewer deaths than the UK. Funnily enough Bojo and his clowns haven't mentioned any comparisons with France for a long time. Surprising...

Bristol

"As Disraeli said there's 3 types of lies.

Lies, dam lies, and statistics. lol "

Disraeli's command of English was perfect so you must have tweaked his quote. In plain English, Disraeli would have said: there are three types of lies.

However current statistics aren't lies. They are what they are and they can't be denied. The muppets at the top can only deflect the blame on the scientists or blame bad luck. It doesn't wash though.

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

"232 deaths today. Remember when they used to tell us that we were following the same curve as the French and that we were two weeks behind them. Well, France hasn't had more than 200 deaths for more than a month and they have 13 000 fewer deaths than the UK. Funnily enough Bojo and his clowns haven't mentioned any comparisons with France for a long time. Surprising... "

The 232 today isn’t strictly true, you need to go the the NHS website:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

If you look at the charts, 12 of the 232 are from yesterday, 37 from Sunday, 12 from Saturday and so on. Lag in reporting, some of the deaths announced today for example occurred weeks ago. That’s why the trend on the government daily update is the important line to look at.

Bristol

"232 deaths today. Remember when they used to tell us that we were following the same curve as the French and that we were two weeks behind them. Well, France hasn't had more than 200 deaths for more than a month and they have 13 000 fewer deaths than the UK. Funnily enough Bojo and his clowns haven't mentioned any comparisons with France for a long time. Surprising...

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

If you look at the charts, 12 of the 232 are from yesterday, 37 from Sunday, 12 from Saturday and so on. Lag in reporting, some of the deaths announced today for example occurred weeks ago. That’s why the trend on the government daily update is the important line to look at. "

Last week we had about 200 deaths a day during the week, so no lag etc...

Ventnor

"232 deaths today. Remember when they used to tell us that we were following the same curve as the French and that we were two weeks behind them. Well, France hasn't had more than 200 deaths for more than a month and they have 13 000 fewer deaths than the UK. Funnily enough Bojo and his clowns haven't mentioned any comparisons with France for a long time. Surprising...

If you look at the charts, 12 of the 232 are from yesterday, 37 from Sunday, 12 from Saturday and so on. Lag in reporting, some of the deaths announced today for example occurred weeks ago. That’s why the trend on the government daily update is the important line to look at.

Last week we had about 200 deaths a day during the week, so no lag etc... "

Have you looked at the website pasted the link to? No thought not!!!

Bristol

Have you looked at the website pasted the link to? No thought not!!!"

I haven't. It's not working.

Ventnor

Have you looked at the website pasted the link to? No thought not!!!

I haven't. It's not working. "

This is one to the table, the tabs show all the data

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/06/COVID-19-daily-announced-deaths-16-June-2020.xlsx

Maybe we should stop comparing us with other countries, the ONS is one of the world's best data collection organisation. So our figures are going to be spot on, not all countries can say the same. In the fullness of time we can study and see what's what, can't condemn till all facts are in.

Can I ask a really stupid question, if there is nothing new about the covid virus and the flu virus etc etc, why is the government paying 80% of peoples wages for millions to stay home . What is the benefit of it, what's behind the misinformation you say we are getting OP ?. Its all good and we'll saying your in the know then ducking for cover when asked for proof, but it's another actually backing up your claims or even an explanation why the government have created the lie in the first place.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 16/06/20 20:16:03]

Bristol

"Maybe we should stop comparing us with other countries, the ONS is one of the world's best data collection organisation. So our figures are going to be spot on, not all countries can say the same. In the fullness of time we can study and see what's what, can't condemn till all facts are in. "

Why should we stop comparing ourselves against other countries when Bojo keep saying we are world beating, when he tells us that we have the best nhs in the world, the best scientists in the world etc... he’s the clown who always tries to compare us by making comparisons that he can’t prove so let’s take him at his word and let’s do comparisons. Not good enough to make yourself the best in the world by simply opening your gob when you can’t back it up by facts?

This nationalistic gvt is full of shit, it’s all about rhetoric, waffle trying to pretend that it’s doing well when we are a laughing stock? When you pretend to be world beating, you don’t have the stats we currently have. Otherwise you look like a dick. And that’s exactly what Bojo is.

Ventnor

"Maybe we should stop comparing us with other countries, the ONS is one of the world's best data collection organisation. So our figures are going to be spot on, not all countries can say the same. In the fullness of time we can study and see what's what, can't condemn till all facts are in.

Why should we stop comparing ourselves against other countries when Bojo keep saying we are world beating, when he tells us that we have the best nhs in the world, the best scientists in the world etc... he’s the clown who always tries to compare us by making comparisons that he can’t prove so let’s take him at his word and let’s do comparisons. Not good enough to make yourself the best in the world by simply opening your gob when you can’t back it up by facts?

This nationalistic gvt is full of shit, it’s all about rhetoric, waffle trying to pretend that it’s doing well when we are a laughing stock? When you pretend to be world beating, you don’t have the stats we currently have. Otherwise you look like a dick. And that’s exactly what Bojo is."

Yorkshire

"Can I ask a really stupid question, if there is nothing new about the covid virus and the flu virus etc etc, why is the government paying 80% of peoples wages for millions to stay home . What is the benefit of it, what's behind the misinformation you say we are getting OP ?. Its all good and we'll saying your in the know then ducking for cover when asked for proof, but it's another actually backing up your claims or even an explanation why the government have created the lie in the first place. "

Have you been hiding under a rock for the last three months?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Maybe we should stop comparing us with other countries, the ONS is one of the world's best data collection organisation. So our figures are going to be spot on, not all countries can say the same. In the fullness of time we can study and see what's what, can't condemn till all facts are in.

This nationalistic gvt is full of shit, it’s all about rhetoric, waffle trying to pretend that it’s doing well when we are a laughing stock? When you pretend to be world beating, you don’t have the stats we currently have. Otherwise you look like a dick. And that’s exactly what Bojo is."

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

The problem with comparing figures to other countries is it assumes that all countries are reporting in the same way and are reporting truthfully too.

For example China state 4,634 people died from Covid19. This being a country with 1.4billion people or 1 in 6 on the entire planet. Yet they claim less than 5k died but in UK with 67.8m official figures are around 42k deaths. So you can see why country comparisons are potentially flawed.

If we don't have one of the best NHS in the world, I want to know why. We spend more per head than most countries so we should have, if not lets sort it out.

The majority of the figures are fake and not all deaths are from covid, but they write it of as covid to manipulate the numbers for some political gain. I reckon it is to sell vaccine, the real figures are alot lower and isnt anywhere near a normal influenza level and will never reach 650000, why dont you hear of the ones that recovers from it? Cos it doesnt make the headlines.

London

"The majority of the figures are fake and not all deaths are from covid, but they write it of as covid to manipulate the numbers for some political gain. I reckon it is to sell vaccine, the real figures are alot lower and isnt anywhere near a normal influenza level and will never reach 650000, why dont you hear of the ones that recovers from it? Cos it doesnt make the headlines."

I think we’d all like some proof of that please.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"The majority of the figures are fake and not all deaths are from covid, but they write it of as covid to manipulate the numbers for some political gain. I reckon it is to sell vaccine, the real figures are alot lower and isnt anywhere near a normal influenza level and will never reach 650000, why dont you hear of the ones that recovers from it? Cos it doesnt make the headlines.

I think we’d all like some proof of that please. "

Exactly. So many people on here post 'facts and figures' they have found yet few back those figures up with any means of others being able to substantiate them

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

"The majority of the figures are fake and not all deaths are from covid, but they write it of as covid to manipulate the numbers for some political gain. I reckon it is to sell vaccine, the real figures are alot lower and isnt anywhere near a normal influenza level and will never reach 650000, why dont you hear of the ones that recovers from it? Cos it doesnt make the headlines.

I think we’d all like some proof of that please. "

If you look at UK official reported figures there are no "recovered" figures shown - its blank. However folk are recovering from it otherwise a 256k would still be in hospital as official Govt testing figure is 298k have tested positive and just over 42k have died who had tested positive.

If you look at UK official reported figures there are no "recovered" figures shown - its blank. However folk are recovering from it otherwise a 256k would still be in hospital as official Govt testing figure is 298k have tested positive and just over 42k have died who had tested positive."

That is right, they are hiding the numbers for some reason. I wonder why?

If you look at UK official reported figures there are no "recovered" figures shown - its blank. However folk are recovering from it otherwise a 256k would still be in hospital as official Govt testing figure is 298k have tested positive and just over 42k have died who had tested positive.That is right, they are hiding the numbers for some reason. I wonder why?"

Are you guys on something lol.

298k tested positive minus 42k dead = people who have recovered or are in process of recovering or shown zero symptoms. There not hiding figures there giving you the importent figures and assuming people are intelligent enough to fill in the blanks.

If I'm tested positive that's important as people are still spreading covid, if I die that's very important where numbers are concerned

If I don't die or add to the hospital figures it can be assumed I've recovered, they also give you the last piece of the puzzle, they tell you how many are still in hospital .

If you look at UK official reported figures there are no "recovered" figures shown - its blank. However folk are recovering from it otherwise a 256k would still be in hospital as official Govt testing figure is 298k have tested positive and just over 42k have died who had tested positive.That is right, they are hiding the numbers for some reason. I wonder why?

Are you guys on something lol.

298k tested positive minus 42k dead = people who have recovered or are in process of recovering or shown zero symptoms. There not hiding figures there giving you the importent figures and assuming people are intelligent enough to fill in the blanks.

If I'm tested positive that's important as people are still spreading covid, if I die that's very important where numbers are concerned

If I don't die or add to the hospital figures it can be assumed I've recovered, they also give you the last piece of the puzzle, they tell you how many are still in hospital . "

Just a wee add on to that. Since not everyone that has had covid 19 were actually tested and shown to have had it , any number the government might give re recoveries would be completely innacurate.

Yorkshire

Given the flu 'vaccine' isn't hugely effective, there would be little point in trying to sell people, or indeed governments a 'vaccine' that had a similar or lesser level of protection.

If it took until 2005ish to develop and test a Pre Exposure Prophylaxis- not a vaccine-for HIV 1+2 (which has been clinically known since 1981), then realistically, a vaccine for COV19 won't be anytime soon, if ever.

By *ewcouplemidsCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Bbc says an old steroid drug used to treat asthma and arthritis has helped 19 outta 20 people with severe symptoms breath without ventilaters surely that's a positive find

Reading

"Given the flu 'vaccine' isn't hugely effective, there would be little point in trying to sell people, or indeed governments a 'vaccine' that had a similar or lesser level of protection.

If it took until 2005ish to develop and test a Pre Exposure Prophylaxis- not a vaccine-for HIV 1+2 (which has been clinically known since 1981), then realistically, a vaccine for COV19 won't be anytime soon, if ever.

"

Why put vaccine in ''? Flu vaccination is the best method of protection we have, so whether it's 50% effective or not (you didn't define a level of effectiveness), if you prevent 50% of the population contracting it I'd say it's doing a pretty good job. Also remember not all people who can be vaccinated do so, therefore the level of effectiveness is related to uptake in having the jab (as well as predicting the correct strains).

For a SARS-2 vaccine, it's always been said not to expect anything till mid- to late-2021.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Bbc says an old steroid drug used to treat asthma and arthritis has helped 19 outta 20 people with severe symptoms breath without ventilaters surely that's a positive find "

Dexamethasone helps 1 in 3 more people survive if on ventilators and helps 1 in 5 more survive if just on oxygen. No help to people who not as ill as either.

As many as 45 percent of people may have the virus but be asymptomatic. Going to be hard to stop this one and we will have to learn to live with it.

Cant possibly have 45% of the population self-isolating. Society will cease to function.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200612172208.htm

London

"As many as 45 percent of people may have the virus but be asymptomatic. Going to be hard to stop this one and we will have to learn to live with it.

Cant possibly have 45% of the population self-isolating. Society will cease to function.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/06/200612172208.htm"

You see, this is where all this bullshit with figures get inflated. That article doesn’t say that 45% of the population have had asymptomatic C-19, but that up to 45% of those who have had it may not have had symptoms. There’s a huge difference between the two. Can’t people even read anymore?

Yorkshire

"As many as 45 percent of people may have the virus but be asymptomatic. Going to be hard to stop this one and we will have to learn to live with it.

You see, this is where all this bullshit with figures get inflated. That article doesn’t say that 45% of the population have had asymptomatic C-19, but that up to 45% of those who have had it may not have had symptoms. There’s a huge difference between the two. Can’t people even read anymore?"

People only need digest a Tweet, so it seems......

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

You see, this is where all this bullshit with figures get inflated. That article doesn’t say that 45% of the population have had asymptomatic C-19, but that up to 45% of those who have had it may not have had symptoms. There’s a huge difference between the two. Can’t people even read anymore?"

With you Mr Jake, as Paul Weller once proclaimed... The public gets what the public wants. It seems more important who or where the snippet comes from, that it is less than 3 sentences long, what colour its served up in, and that it must have a negative connotation, than that it is accurate, balanced and may well require the recipient to stop what they are doing for 10 seconds to comprehend it. Don't care what you say just say it loud.

The ignorance around the figures and that they can and are being selectively presented to beat what ever drum is wanted is disturbing and similar to some of the guff that is being trotted out for other current affairs at the moment.

» Add a new message to this topic