FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Welsh Shops still closed

Welsh Shops still closed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rhuges OP   Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

I assume that Boris takes advice from experts in there field concerning the virus and when to loosen the lock down, so do the Welsh assembly take their advice from different experts???

I don't understand why Scotland and Wales have different advice.

From who???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Possibly Scotland and Wales have noticed that boris has fucked it up more than 50% of the time. So to do better than him you don't need your own experts, just automatically do the opposite...

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

I think the welsh and Scots ministers are just trying to do the “holier than tho” bit to try and show they care about their people more ... Boris has to take a gamble and go first to get people spending/working again... if the infection rates go back up they can say “I told you so”, and if they don’t they will follow suit and open shops in two weeks time ...

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

Holier than thou or just being sensible?

Aberdare

"

From who???"

The science in England has been made to fit the politics. Government advisors who've suggested anything other than what the politicians wanted to do have been sidelined.

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

Just know the scientists are more on the side of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. But there's clearly other factors at play. Let's hope everyone is OK.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Different R rates....different prevalence of virus in population...flexing their devolved powers?

Lots of possible reasons.

N Ireland opened shops before England.....

I don't read anything much into it

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I assume that Boris takes advice from experts in there field concerning the virus and when to loosen the lock down, so do the Welsh assembly take their advice from different experts???

From who???"

It's not so difficult. Different environments, different R rates, different politics, not all countries in Europe have moved at the same pace, not all States in USA have moved at the same pace.

The decision tree does not just depend on the science now but on economic also. We are all trying to find a new normal.

Equally, as our Scottish and Welsh assembly have taken great pleasure in stating many times.... They make their own decisions to suit them and not the English. Imagine the outcry in the daily record if Nicola agreed with Boris?

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Got to say that i think the majority of welsh people are now getting fed up of our 1st minister and are wondering when we will have our shops open etc figures yesterday showed wales had a total of 30 new cases from testing and 9 deaths. I understand any death is 1 too many but there will be more deaths from people committing suicide from stress at losing their jobs businesses and homes if this carries on. Heard on the radio today a taxi driver from Newquay in west wales that between march and June 2019 he carried over 8k passengers and made over 2k trips . So far for the same time this years 12 trip 12 passengers. How are people who rely on the tourist trade and public moving about supposed to survive

"I assume that Boris takes advice from experts in there field concerning the virus and when to loosen the lock down, so do the Welsh assembly take their advice from different experts???

From who???"

They have different population densities, different healthcare capacities (which fall under devolution) and devolved governments who are free to make different choices, so you get them following a different course.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

From who???"

Scotland has its own advisers as oes Wales no doubt.

Also all the science does is produce figures it is how you interpret the figures

Aberdare

"Got to say that i think the majority of welsh people are now getting fed up of our 1st minister and are wondering when we will have our shops open etc figures yesterday showed wales had a total of 30 new cases from testing and 9 deaths. "

You might think that, but it's always a mistake to think your views on anything are shared by a majority. Maybe majority of people you speak to, but that's not everyone, is it?

What it boils down to is someone has to keep the country going and as per thats the english.

The welsh and scots are subsidised so much by england thats why deep down they dont want independence.

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

Please watch BBC Wales 12.30 news on BBC I player. Based on ONS figures if England had followed the cautious Welsh approach there would have been 24,000 less deaths in England. Welsh policy resulted in less than 10% of covid19 patients dying. In England it exceed 20%. Please watch the Welsh news on BBC catch up.

Aberdare

"Please watch BBC Wales 12.30 news on BBC I player. Based on ONS figures if England had followed the cautious Welsh approach there would have been 24,000 less deaths in England. Welsh policy resulted in less than 10% of covid19 patients dying. In England it exceed 20%. Please watch the Welsh news on BBC catch up."

I didn't see this, but heard on Radio Wales that our R rate is between 0.7 and 0.9, compared to 0.8 and 1 in England. It might seem boring, but it has worked.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

From who???

It's not so difficult. Different environments, different R rates, different politics, not all countries in Europe have moved at the same pace, not all States in USA have moved at the same pace.

The decision tree does not just depend on the science now but on economic also. We are all trying to find a new normal.

Equally, as our Scottish and Welsh assembly have taken great pleasure in stating many times.... They make their own decisions to suit them and not the English. Imagine the outcry in the daily record if Nicola agreed with Boris? "

I think Wales as a much lower rate than a lot of English regions. The South west is just below 1 when Wales is 0.7. We just have a gvt in England that has gambled since day 1 to the point where even the PM has caught the virus and devolved nations that are being more cautious. They also probably try to stand out for the sake of it and that's fair enough I guess.

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

"What it boils down to is someone has to keep the country going and as per thats the english.

The welsh and scots are subsidised so much by england thats why deep down they dont want independence."

There's always one...

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

"What it boils down to is someone has to keep the country going and as per thats the english.

The welsh and scots are subsidised so much by england thats why deep down they dont want independence."

I’d let them have there independence they would out robbing more than normal or starve to death in no time at all

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

The welsh and scots are subsidised so much by england thats why deep down they dont want independence.

I’d let them have there independence they would out robbing more than normal or starve to death in no time at all

"

Ggod job that the English, the world saviours are here. They're going to rule the world again one day. Hopefully they can count on the people who can tell the difference between there and their. That's you out of the race already.

By *ust fun9TV/TS  over a year ago

Swansea

"I think the welsh and Scots ministers are just trying to do the “holier than tho” bit to try and show they care about their people more ... Boris has to take a gamble and go first to get people spending/working again... if the infection rates go back up they can say “I told you so”, and if they don’t they will follow suit and open shops in two weeks time ... "

Your right. A bit of power and you know the rest.

By *utualpleasure42Man  over a year ago

enter location here

Boris has barely followed the scientific advice at all.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Please watch BBC Wales 12.30 news on BBC I player. Based on ONS figures if England had followed the cautious Welsh approach there would have been 24,000 less deaths in England. Welsh policy resulted in less than 10% of covid19 patients dying. In England it exceed 20%. Please watch the Welsh news on BBC catch up."

Just watched this on catch up what he did say was that if england's demographic and population density was the same as wales then the figures above would apply

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

The Scotish minister so reminded me of jimmy crankey how can you take her serious

Well I for one am very happy that Wales and Scotland have taken the holier than thou attitude.

One very happy sheep shagger who luckily has lived in Wales all her life and not just through the Covid 19 outbreak

Dont think I could cope with all the miserable buggers in england

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

My point of view from living in Scotland, if Westminster wasn't funding the furlough scheme we would have come out of this sooner!

I think it is a power game, they would like the furlough to continue but I doubt Westminster would fund that.

It's funny how they copied everything that the English government has suggested, just doing it at a much slower pace.

Not that I am jaded or anything

Near Cowbridge

The ignorant are out in force again I see

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

And everyone one including journalists are scared to challenge Nicola for some reason, and we all know that any failings played out in future will all either be Westminster failing or Covid-19, nothing to do with the Scottish Government at all, it's all bullshit and they will continue to get away with it and carry on, though I have no idea why others are not questioning things.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good that people who were voted in to positions to have such authority are serving their electorate. They are able to tailor expert advice to their own local conditions. They have access to SAGE as well as local expertise.

We don't need to rush to catch up with the likes of Italy, Germany, Spain etc, when our crisis was behind others and has been so much more severe. It's certainly better here than it was a couple of months ago but we are still having hundreds of new infections every day.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"Got to say that i think the majority of welsh people are now getting fed up of our 1st minister and are wondering when we will have our shops open etc figures yesterday showed wales had a total of 30 new cases from testing and 9 deaths. I understand any death is 1 too many but there will be more deaths from people committing suicide from stress at losing their jobs businesses and homes if this carries on. Heard on the radio today a taxi driver from Newquay in west wales that between march and June 2019 he carried over 8k passengers and made over 2k trips . So far for the same time this years 12 trip 12 passengers. How are people who rely on the tourist trade and public moving about supposed to survive "

By dithering and sitting on the fence the Welsh government had lost control and and any respect it had, people have just got on with things because we have had to or risk failure.

The lack of understanding of how rural communities work that comes from Cardiff is such a joke it's unbelievable.

Near Cowbridge

"Got to say that i think the majority of welsh people are now getting fed up of our 1st minister and are wondering when we will have our shops open etc figures yesterday showed wales had a total of 30 new cases from testing and 9 deaths. I understand any death is 1 too many but there will be more deaths from people committing suicide from stress at losing their jobs businesses and homes if this carries on. Heard on the radio today a taxi driver from Newquay in west wales that between march and June 2019 he carried over 8k passengers and made over 2k trips . So far for the same time this years 12 trip 12 passengers. How are people who rely on the tourist trade and public moving about supposed to survive

By dithering and sitting on the fence the Welsh government had lost control and and any respect it had, people have just got on with things because we have had to or risk failure.

The lack of understanding of how rural communities work that comes from Cardiff is such a joke it's unbelievable."

Dithering? Can't agree with that.

Drakeford is from Carmarthen so probably has a better grasp of rural communities than you think.

Welsh shops opening next week....

» Add a new message to this topic