FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Social distancing from 2 to 1

Social distancing from 2 to 1

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lackXeal OP   Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Just heard the news that the government are looking to reducing our social distancing from 2m to 1m.

Whoop whopp

we are getting closer and clubs will be opening soon.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I'm baffled why its 2m for anyone you meet but only 1m in shops. That's never made sense

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

1m is the end of social distancing.... As before all the started when is normally anyone within 1m of your personal space.... All it will do is reduce the number of people allowed within a space /pub/ restaurant but once inside social distancing will have gone

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 20/06/20 13:23:12]

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

and 1 Meter Condoms are closer to being a reality too.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"1m is the end of social distancing.... As before all the started when is normally anyone within 1m of your personal space.... All it will do is reduce the number of people allowed within a space /pub/ restaurant but once inside social distancing will have gone "

With that thinking - welcome to wave 2!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It will mean people will care even less about keeping away from others in shops etc. I get the reasoning though re pubs and restaurants.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Just heard the news that the government are looking to reducing our social distancing from 2m to 1m.

Whoop whopp

"

A bit soon I feel for having any thoughts on clubs reopening especially as it has not yet been confirmed, except by those that say they have 'inside information', that the government will make that decision

"Just heard the news that the government are looking to reducing our social distancing from 2m to 1m.

Whoop whopp

"

I certainly think they should for schools, with perhaps the teacher remaining at 2m for their own protection. This is going on the evidence that the number of children suffering from cv19 is extremely low.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Whoop whopp

I certainly think they should for schools, with perhaps the teacher remaining at 2m for their own protection. This is going on the evidence that the number of children suffering from cv19 is extremely low. "

At the moment when queuing seems to be the only time people keep to the 2 m rule

By *anshee99Woman  over a year ago

nw

The 1m rule is to give kids a chance to get back in school in sept.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government has been drip feeding us this for a couple of days, today via the Chancellor. They hint at 1m but only really inform us that they will be telling us about the changes in the next week or so as they are reviewing the evidence. I'm thus guessing it will be 1m and from 4th July, the date set for the hospitality industry to open. It will obviously make bars and restaurants more profitable and would start coincidentally the same day when they may open. They've obviously already decided, subject to any awful changes in the infection levels.

Do you prefer to be drip fed these changes or just told the exact details? With caveats, of course

harrow

Whoop whopp

"

PHE have apparently, put clubs into the category of 'adult entertainment ' and have said that sector will not open in 2020. If theatre, for example, has written off 2020 , then obviously clubs are a long way off.

Not sure what you mean by 'soon' though !

By *lackCherry...Woman  over a year ago

North East

Whoop whopp

I certainly think they should for schools, with perhaps the teacher remaining at 2m for their own protection. This is going on the evidence that the number of children suffering from cv19 is extremely low.

At the moment when queuing seems to be the only time people keep to the 2 m rule"

Yes I went food shopping today, outside the queue is still 2m a person but once inside bit of a free-for-all

Whoop whopp

At the moment when queuing seems to be the only time people keep to the 2 m rule

Yes I went food shopping today, outside the queue is still 2m a person but once inside bit of a free-for-all "

I have noticed that in a couple of different shops over the last couple of weeks. They are still only letting a certain number of people in, and the queues are still 2m, but inside everyone is just wandering around as they please.

By *andAukCouple  over a year ago

leeds

People don't care in shops. Every day I have people coming right in my face at work. Even wearing a mask doesn't seem to put them off.

Moving to 1m puts us in line with most other countries and along with WHO guidance.

2m just inst practical if we want start getting back to anything like normal. Plus in shops your only briefly next to someone so there really is no risk unless they cough or sneeze on you and you follow good hand hygiene.

So long as people understand if they are showing symptoms they isolate then 1m is fine. Its people who still go out when they have symptoms that are the problem, like those who go to work when full of a cold.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"1m is the end of social distancing.... As before all the started when is normally anyone within 1m of your personal space.... All it will do is reduce the number of people allowed within a space /pub/ restaurant but once inside social distancing will have gone

With that thinking - welcome to wave 2! "

Yes agreed.

"1m is the end of social distancing.... As before all the started when is normally anyone within 1m of your personal space.... All it will do is reduce the number of people allowed within a space /pub/ restaurant but once inside social distancing will have gone

With that thinking - welcome to wave 2! .

Yes agreed. "

1m is the distance in pretty much all other countries!

Bham

You're going to have to wear a mask at 1 metre.

It's also for economic reasons not health so I wouldn't start getting carried away and starting planning club returns.

Plus all that money wasted on 2m signage.

"You're going to have to wear a mask at 1 metre.

It's also for economic reasons not health so I wouldn't start getting carried away and starting planning club returns.

Plus all that money wasted on 2m signage. "

When will people realise masks don't work. And can't wear a mask when eating or drinking.

All about good hand hygiene and staying at home if you have symptoms

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

When will people realise masks don't work. And can't wear a mask when eating or drinking.

All about good hand hygiene and staying at home if you have symptoms "

Masks are just for show to make it look like something is there to protect you

By *iger13Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Beware of history of pandemics- in September 1918 the Spanish flu seemed gone just reappear, virus had mutated now killing those with fit immune systems and 2nd wave killed 10 times more- over 30 million...... less than 5% of the population had the covid19 virus, so 95% of us still are vulnerable to catching it - a year minimum before large safe quantities of a vaccine arrive so anyone who thinks it’s going to be safe soon is foolish - sorry to curb enthusiasm

All about good hand hygiene and staying at home if you have symptoms Masks are just for show to make it look like something is there to protect you "

If that was the case then I would not have to wear a mask when going into a laboratory, They do stop droplets that happen when you are breathing/ talking so do actually work.

But

Just imagine what would have happened if the government had said so

It would have been toilet rolls all over again!!!

When a Surgeon wears a mask to operate it’s to protect you from their breathe not the other way round

If the distance is reduced to 1 meter then you might as well just wear a face covering and practice basic hygiene like washing hands ect.

It’s all to do with viral loads and just how much you are exposed to at one time that’s why health Carers and icu workers are most at risk because of the level of exposure they get because your immune system can only fight so much at a time.

Why everyone is so keen to get into other people's personal space is beyond me.

2m social distancing has been my preferred default for many years now. Long before any virus made it a common sense position.

Yeah I really need you breathing all over me with your spittle because you can't wait 10 seconds for me to get out of your way.

Bham

All about good hand hygiene and staying at home if you have symptoms Masks are just for show to make it look like something is there to protect you

If that was the case then I would not have to wear a mask when going into a laboratory, They do stop droplets that happen when you are breathing/ talking so do actually work.

But

Just imagine what would have happened if the government had said so

It would have been toilet rolls all over again!!!

When a Surgeon wears a mask to operate it’s to protect you from their breathe not the other way round

If the distance is reduced to 1 meter then you might as well just wear a face covering and practice basic hygiene like washing hands ect.

It’s all to do with viral loads and just how much you are exposed to at one time that’s why health Carers and icu workers are most at risk because of the level of exposure they get because your immune system can only fight so much at a time."

Someone wants to tell these surgeons that Dave from Chigwell says masks don't work.

Face coverings will reduce the spread IF everyone wears one as it it will reduce you shedding virus if you have it.

These people refusing to wear masks are going to still infect those who do wear masks so it should be compulsory for all.

How masks are going to work in bars and restaurants is anyone's guess.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" If theatre, for example, has written off 2020 , then obviously clubs are a long way off.

"

Why can theatres not open until next year but cinemas can open in July ?

"Why everyone is so keen to get into other people's personal space is beyond me.

2m social distancing has been my preferred default for many years now. Long before any virus made it a common sense position.

Yeah I really need you breathing all over me with your spittle because you can't wait 10 seconds for me to get out of your way."

Then no one is asking or telling you to do any different but if people would kik e to get closer they can.... Its very simple really.... If people e prefer to stay 2m apart do go to pubs or restaurants till YOU think its safe to do so

By *arren the doggerMan  over a year ago

willenhall

Any guys with a 1 metre cock will be ok . As for me with a 1 incher......well I'm goosed.

harrow

"Beware of history of pandemics- in September 1918 the Spanish flu seemed gone just reappear, virus had mutated now killing those with fit immune systems and 2nd wave killed 10 times more- over 30 million...... less than 5% of the population had the covid19 virus, so 95% of us still are vulnerable to catching it - a year minimum before large safe quantities of a vaccine arrive so anyone who thinks it’s going to be safe soon is foolish - sorry to curb enthusiasm "

I think you are absolutely spot on sadly

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

" If theatre, for example, has written off 2020 , then obviously clubs are a long way off.

Why can theatres not open until next year but cinemas can open in July ?"

I'd guess it takes an awful lot of people working very close together to stage a play whereas a cinema is just a projector

the wetlands

All about good hand hygiene and staying at home if you have symptoms "

Of course ANY face covering works to some extent, obviously you can't wear one while eating or drinking.

the wetlands

Yes agreed.

1m is the distance in pretty much all other countries! "

Other countries with a lower number and rate of infections ?

Yeah I think the theatre has more to do with the close proximity of the actors, stage crew and musicians rather than the audience which can be controlled simply by ticket numbers and correct spacing.

Bham

Yes agreed.

1m is the distance in pretty much all other countries!

Other countries with a lower number and rate of infections ?"

And with proper testing and tracking in place. Will be 1m free for all here.

Too much too soon, charging towards trying to achieve herd immunity whilst unnecessarily killing the weaker among us.

By *irtyfuckercoolMan  over a year ago

upton

thé thing is with meeting and clubs its thé physical side eveyones looking forward too.me included but untill social distancing is reduced to thé width of a condom lol meets still wont happen lol

By *averman007Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

Think they should do 2 meters from 4 th July then 2 weeks later 1 meter for another 2 weeks, then reveiw again.

From Kings college London

This week's incidence figures suggest that COVID cases have continued to fall across the UK, which is great news! New daily infection rates have dropped by 26% from last week's figure and the R-value is holding stable below 1. However, extra vigilance is needed in London and the South East where these figures have dropped the least.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Think they should do 2 meters from 4 th July then 2 weeks later 1 meter for another 2 weeks, then reveiw again. "

Or drop 1mm every few days ?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I'm hearing the 1mtr thing will be announced on Tuesday,its the only way bars can open.look for Boris at the podium. But what's all this crap about having to register at said pub or bar before you can get served, this sounds very CCP to me. And no doubt the contact mafia will be all over it.

By *ittleREDridingWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I hope they don’t lower it I think we should remain at 2m distancing until the second wave has hit. It’s coming, it’s inevitable but it doesn’t have to be as bad if we don’t remove restrictions too quickly.

the wetlands

Totally agree except I don't think there will be a wave, more isolated sporadic outbreaks.

Perhaps an alternative might be small groups of 6-8 or possibly more people known to each other could be in close proximity with the result of all being quarintined if one proves to be infeected.

Keep the 2m rule between strangers or different groups ?

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I'm hearing the 1mtr thing will be announced on Tuesday,its the only way bars can open.look for Boris at the podium. But what's all this crap about having to register at said pub or bar before you can get served, this sounds very CCP to me. And no doubt the contact mafia will be all over it. "

The registration might be to do with contact tracing.

» Add a new message to this topic