FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > 1 in 2000

1 in 2000

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That's the chance of bumping into some one with infection. Prob not the time for packed theatres or football crowds.. But freely hugging family and friends and new sexual partners not too far away hopefully? What do you think of these chances.. What numbers would you think it would be safe to move to the level.. Just below mass gatherings

D

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Where's the 1 in 2000 number coming from?

Heard it on radio 5.some clever dude

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

The government said it was around 1 in 1700 last week so the OPs figure will be about right. The problem is that this figure is so low because of in the main social distancing. If we stop social distancing cocompletely npletely the figure will soon be down to 1 in 200 or even higher.

Leicestershire is considering local lockdowns, their highest rate of infections have occurred in the last 2 weeks .

How long do you think it's feasible for us social creatures to survive with this world isolated in this way? For people who aren't tactile I guess it might be easy but for natural huggers like us it's so hard. The end of social distancing (sure it's been used in the penal system before) will become before mass gatherings surely?? I support the measures btw.. But they can't go on forever.. A socially distanced Christmas and New Year very hard to police anyway.. Testing will last til at least April next year

D

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Even people who aren't tactile miss the often unnoticed firms of human contact. I think social distancing, while necessary, is storing up big problems. I'm beginning to find it very difficult maintaining a distance from my family.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"How long do you think it's feasible for us social creatures to survive with this world isolated in this way? For people who aren't tactile I guess it might be easy but for natural huggers like us it's so hard. The end of social distancing (sure it's been used in the penal system before) will become before mass gatherings surely?? I support the measures btw.. But they can't go on forever.. A socially distanced Christmas and New Year very hard to police anyway.. Testing will last til at least April next year

D"

In the end it will come down to that you are responsible for your own health, if you want to expose yourself to potentially catching and transmitting it then that is your choice, there are procedures in place to help you protect yourself, it's up to you whether you follow them. It will be the same divide as lockdown had, some people will and some won't do it.

What number would make people feel safe.. 1 in 5000.. 1 in 10000..1 in 40000!?

Zero

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The official figures will always show a lag from the actual position, due to the period whilst the virus takes hold but we're still infectious, the large number of asymptomatic carriers and suffering, to finally getting a test done, for the minority of those who get tested.

The trajectory is downwards, based on older restrictions. The newer relaxations will take time to show in most figures. At the end of July we'll get a feel for how relaxation has affected things, if at all.

You may bump into a family who have all infected by close contact and be without symptoms. The infected sre not all evenly distributed through the population.

10.3 per 100,000 was the flu rate in January apparently

Are we discussing the flu or Covid 19 ?

"Leicestershire is considering local lockdowns, their highest rate of infections have occurred in the last 2 weeks . "

Their pubs will not be opening on 4th July. No movement to 1m+ etc.

Sticking to current rules for at least 2 more weeks.

So will they just travel to pubs in surrounding towns?

"Leicestershire is considering local lockdowns, their highest rate of infections have occurred in the last 2 weeks .

So will they just travel to pubs in surrounding towns?"

Obvious that they haven't been sticking to the current rules .Otherwise these steps wouldn't be necessary.

"Leicestershire is considering local lockdowns, their highest rate of infections have occurred in the last 2 weeks .

Obvious that they haven't been sticking to the current rules .Otherwise these steps wouldn't be necessary.

"

Nor have London, Manchester, Staffordshire, Bournemouth beach....the list is endless....

Nor have London, Manchester, Staffordshire, Bournemouth beach....the list is endless...."

More local lockdowns on the way then

A big change will be September when they will make it compulsory for school education to resume and not just home schooling when people feel like it. Schools cannot socially distance with more than a couple of years back

D

"That's the chance of bumping into some one with infection. Prob not the time for packed theatres or football crowds.. But freely hugging family and friends and new sexual partners not too far away hopefully? What do you think of these chances.. What numbers would you think it would be safe to move to the level.. Just below mass gatherings

D"

I'm gonna say it's safe when it's 1 in 7203..... that's one more than the population of the town I live in. Odds are in my favour then....

On a more serious note, everyone's situation is different....if we only did things we considered are inherently safe would we ever do anything again?

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I think we will start meeting again once swingers clubs have been given the go ahead to open, I'm not even dreaming of sex till then. In terms of family, I go visit my mum every week and give her a cuddle. We agreed that it's our risk as adults.

I ll meet when i feel it's safe for me to do so.

If you were single and desperately lonely? Surely a 1-1/2 meet is different than multitudes in a club?

All the kids I know are missing their friends so much.. Adults I'm sure are the same. Touching is what humans do.. Even ocd folk like me.. Tho admittedly my ocd is not the constantly cleaning one

D

"If you were single and desperately lonely? Surely a 1-1/2 meet is different than multitudes in a club?

All the kids I know are missing their friends so much.. Adults I'm sure are the same. Touching is what humans do.. Even ocd folk like me.. Tho admittedly my ocd is not the constantly cleaning one

D"

I am single and wont risk my health to meet

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"If you were single and desperately lonely? Surely a 1-1/2 meet is different than multitudes in a club?

D"

Being completely honest, if I was single I would probably start meeting now because I just need people to function. I wouldn't feel safe, but I'd probs my link with an established fuck buddy or something.

D

Being completely honest, if I was single I would probably start meeting now because I just need people to function. I wouldn't feel safe, but I'd probs my link with an established fuck buddy or something. "

That's your choice ...i havent seen my children for 4 months so meeting is low on my list of priorities.

I didn't see my kids for nearly three months... Hardest thing I've ever done

.. The mental harm is just as bad as the physical. And it's legacy will last longer than the virus itself.. Fear.. Suspicion.. Accusation.. Introspection..

We are not even that bothered about meeting most of the time.. A few friends we already know perhaps.. Just feel for those that are lonely

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Zero

"

I think you'll have a very long wait for that. This virus is not going anywhere for a while. There will be flare ups (localised if controlled properly) for some time.

But in reality, there are other risks that we take every (normal) day. It's something like a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying in a car. Most of us don't even consider this, let alone get anxious about it.

"Zero

I think you'll have a very long wait for that. This virus is not going anywhere for a while. There will be flare ups (localised if controlled properly) for some time.

But in reality, there are other risks that we take every (normal) day. It's something like a 1 in 10,000 chance of dying in a car. Most of us don't even consider this, let alone get anxious about it.

"

Exactly, if cars weren't invented and someone came up with the idea today they'd be banned on health and safety grounds immediately ....

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

In wales the last reported guesstamit was 1 in 10000 that was last week. A few isolated pockets have been reported but very localised. And that is after all the protests that have gone on in and around wales. I think the measures put in place were right but now everyone needs to be responsible for their own health. The New Zealand pm has the right idea individuals should behave like you have the virus and dont want to pass it on, not act like you don t have it and its everyone else's duty to make sure you don t get it is

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

When did we become quite so pathetic? Our parents / grand parents fought in wars, were in rationing for years, we can do face time with most people, we can get stuff delivered and all we need to do for a few months is sit on a couch. I agree it's not fun, I miss my kids like hell, but we can choose to be selfish and continue spreading the virus, which means it's in our community for a lot longer, or batten down the hatches, take it out of the community and after a few months... That 1 in 1700 will be 1 in 10000 (for example, got no evidence to back it up)

In New Zealand the old joke is more sheep than people. They did very well but an easier country to control at the edge of the world lol

D

[Removed by poster at 29/06/20 16:06:00]

"Zero

"

I ll wait .

» Add a new message to this topic