FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who is going on holiday in summer

Who is going on holiday in summer

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * lolita x OP   Woman  over a year ago

North

Or are you booking one very soon?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

I was... until quarantine restrictions still apply for U.K. nationals arriving in Greece & Cyprus...

I'll have to think about Spain instead.

North

"I was... until quarantine restrictions still apply for U.K. nationals arriving in Greece & Cyprus...

I'll have to think about Spain instead. "

Yes Spain is probably a safer bet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was meant to have been flying yesterday.

Was going to jordan.

But re booked for February.

But going to Colombia in november hopefully

By *lderguy4uMan  over a year ago

wirral

If got 3 long weekends booked for Spain bought all flights when ultra cheap he he

"I was... until quarantine restrictions still apply for U.K. nationals arriving in Greece & Cyprus...

I dunno maybe you could take a leaf from boris's dad and sneak into Greece via Bulgaria...

By *old1974Man  over a year ago

Manchester

I'm off to Spain on the 27th July can't wait.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

know five peeps who have bookrd holidays and 3 who have cancelled theres

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

Bought myself a T5 Campervan..

Going to be holidaying in the U.K. for a couple of years

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

I go to the Greek Islands on the 22nd was the 15th but I've slid it a week as that's when there will be a relaxation on quarantine in Greece

Going away in the caravan on the 13th to Brecon

I go to the Greek Islands on the 22nd was the 15th but I've slid it a week as that's when there will be a relaxation on quarantine in Greece"

I'm trying to see where it says a relaxation on quarantine from the 22nd in this link? Where did you hear this?

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece/entry-requirements

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I go to the Greek Islands on the 22nd was the 15th but I've slid it a week as that's when there will be a relaxation on quarantine in Greece

I'm trying to see where it says a relaxation on quarantine from the 22nd in this link? Where did you hear this?

"

Yes. I thought that was when they were going to review it....

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Me. Bounce

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

October at the earliest..if not then next march/April

oldham

"

They are allowing flights in from the 15th. However I'm talking the islands where you may be randomly tested and have to quarantine until the result. 24 hrs. But I have it on good authority that unless there are serious spikes in the countries of origin. You won't get anything other than a temp test on arrival. I have a good friend who works in British embassy in Greece.

Hence why I've booked and insurance will be valid once our govt lifts the advisory notice on non essential travel

suffolk

They are allowing flights in from the 15th. However I'm talking the islands where you may be randomly tested and have to quarantine until the result. 24 hrs. But I have it on good authority that unless there are serious spikes in the countries of origin. You won't get anything other than a temp test on arrival. I have a good friend who works in British embassy in Greece.

Hence why I've booked and insurance will be valid once our govt lifts the advisory notice on non essential travel"

Good luck with that then..we have friends living in Cyprus that have had flights cancelled 4 times thus far...

oldham

Hence why I've booked and insurance will be valid once our govt lifts the advisory notice on non essential travel

Good luck with that then..we have friends living in Cyprus that have had flights cancelled 4 times thus far..."

Of course there is a risk of that happening but you can always edge your bets and stick the flights on a credit card

suffolk

Good luck with that then..we have friends living in Cyprus that have had flights cancelled 4 times thus far...

Of course there is a risk of that happening but you can always edge your bets and stick the flights on a credit card"

True but what a palaver each time it gets cancelled..

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Italy very end Aug plus a few weekends in Europe and UAE.

Hence why I've booked and insurance will be valid once our govt lifts the advisory notice on non essential travel"

Interesting.

Yes, I knew about them not allowing flights in till at least the 15th. It wasn't long ago they were allowing flights from the 1st, but looked at our present infection rate & got concerned.

But, again this could be extended past the 15th, there's no guarantee. It's a 'live' situation changing almost daily. You can't make any definite plans.

Regards travel insurance, I should be okay there, I took out an annual policy before Corona kicked off.

Off to Gran Canaria in September if we or them

Don’t get a second spike

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

had 3 holidays cancelled so far and not a penny back yet so wont be booking anything anytime soon

By *jj 69Man  over a year ago

blackpool

meant b goin on hoilday to butlins with my 5 year old 1st week in august think can forget that i can what shame son really want to go

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Not in the summer as I usually go away in the autumn and winter. I intend to take a holiday somewhere this year (travel restrictions depending), possibly Vietnam or Cambodia or Phillipines

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Should of been Vegas in Sept ... looking at something for next year ... only paid deposit will move on to something else

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Hoping to get away next weekend...anywhere. I just need a change of scenery

North

"meant b goin on hoilday to butlins with my 5 year old 1st week in august think can forget that i can what shame son really want to go "

Why can’t you go?

By *ngelndevilCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

We are off to Cap the 14th of July!

Really looking forward to it!

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"We are off to Cap the 14th of July!

Really looking forward to it! "

We were going to Cap next week with friends until Ryanair cancelled our flights......luckily we’re all going to a cottage near Ilfracombe ....say hello if you’re down in Devon

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Absolutely. I’ll definitely be going away.

chelmsford

"meant b goin on hoilday to butlins with my 5 year old 1st week in august think can forget that i can what shame son really want to go "

At the moment, I'm sure you'll be fine for that

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Waiting for a refund from a June trip.

Not bothered about going away at all for a year now.

Other plans.

By *irgilMan  over a year ago

Whitton

"October at the earliest..if not then next march/April"

Hi Dessi. Hope you are both well..xxx

Booked and sorted. 5-19 September.

Paris next week. I booked it ages ago when prices tumbled. I did it on the assumption that July would be fine. Seems the gamble paid off

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

whats it going to be like when you get to your hotel.

the social distancing.spa conditions.

restaurants ??

cost of insurance.what if you become ill where do you stay ???? how do you get home etc

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Away next month but in the best place (Cornwall).

We won't be getting onto a plane and are done with anywhere in the Euro zone anyway so no problem here.

chelmsford

"whats it going to be like when you get to your hotel.

restaurants ??

cost of insurance.what if you become ill where do you stay ???? how do you get home etc "

I think these places are geared up for this, it will just be a different experience. There are insurance companies that will cover you,just check online

The Greek authorities may require you to undergo testing for coronavirus, as part of health screening after you arrive in Greece. Any passenger entering Greece is liable to be asked to undergo a test, but you are likely to be asked if you have arrived from a country outside of the EU (including the UK), either directly or via indirect flights.

If you are a British national who lives permanently within the EU, or have been in another EU country for some time before travelling on to Greece, you may be asked to prove that you have not recently travelled from the UK.

After testing, you will need to self-isolate at the address given on your PLF form, filled out prior to your arrival in Greece. You will be contacted by the Greek authorities with your test results, and given further instructions (e.g. whether you are free to leave your accommodation, or must self-isolate for a longer period). If your test result is negative, you will no longer need to self-isolate. If your test result is positive, the Greek authorities are likely to ask you to self-isolate in government-provided accommodation for 14 days.

You must comply with all instructions given by the Greek authorities. Failure to do so may result in you being refused permission to enter Greece and/or legal enforcement.

You should also be aware that if other passengers on your flight subsequently test positive, you may be subject to further quarantine/self isolation requirements. These will be mandatory and you should comply with the Greek Authorities’ requirements.

chelmsford

Wonder if this will change after their next meeting. Lots of TUI holidays being cancelled where we stay in Corfu, so some hotels and apartments aren't opening.

kinky land

"whats it going to be like when you get to your hotel.

restaurants ??

cost of insurance.what if you become ill where do you stay ???? how do you get home etc "

The hotel will be bliss.

I've always liked personal space, other people following suit works in out favour.

I'll visit restaurants with my offspring and sit with them, as I normally would.

I have annual world wide travel insurance with my bank account. I upgraded it many years ago when I started travelling as a solo adult with my children. The premium or coverage hasn't changed.

The spa in my destination has ample space so I expect the staff to wear face shields but no other world altering changes.

If I become ill, or one of my offspring do, we will stay in our room, hydrate and take paracetamol (if appropriate) it's All inclusive, I'm sure the staff will bring some food up to our door so we don't starve or I'll fork out for room service.

I plan to get on the plane to come home, with our face coverings, pyjamas and slippers.

I should probably add I don't drink alcohol so I'm not usually in some crowded bar/club with thousands of Brits or d*unks anyway

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

The main roads into the SW are currently rammed with traffic and the bloody caravans.

Not entirely sure everyone's thought it through. The weather is often shit so beaches are off. Bars, pubs etc will be booked in & limited numbers. Many Tourist attractions need to be booked, so no last minute turning up & hoping to get in. No entertainment in the holiday parks.

Looking forward to September onwards when it'll wind down again

"Or are you booking one very soon?"

Tempted of going to Canary Islands or Benidorm for a few weeks. Probably late August or September. We normally go away every three months so past few months have be torture not being able to fly.

We fly back to UK two days before lockdown so just made it

By *i man oxMan  over a year ago

Thame

Bridport next weekend in my camper van...

then probably a few days all over the UK , here and there where i can find a campsite.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

For me, whilst I still have to wait ages for a bus as they only allow a few passengers on. Whilst I'm still unable to visit my dentist, doctors surgery, nail bar or sit at a table with friends in a pub I think I'll not sit cheek to jowl on a plane to sit in my room as the facilities are limited.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

We have a place near Benidorm but doubt if we will go to after Christmas now

Off to Devon next week. Camping so will be mainly self contained and not much more external contact than we do here, apart from the obvious. Looking forward to it as not had a break since March and been working flat out.

We know one or 2 naturist beaches there which are very uncrowded. Quite a trek to get to but well worth it.

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

We had booked flights for the 20th of this month, for Athens. Then, easyJet cancelled our flight so we re-booked it a week later...I’m not holding my breath anymore...

Just booked a cottage in the Cotswolds. We were supposed to have been on a cruise.

By *angOnBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Ipswich

Don't see the point going abroad for sun in the UK summer. We have great countryside here and only a few months of the year when the weather is great. So we'll be staying UK breaks until at least October and then we'll see how the travel looks

Currently Faraway

"Don't see the point going abroad for sun in the UK summer. We have great countryside here and only a few months of the year when the weather is great. So we'll be staying UK breaks until at least October and then we'll see how the travel looks"

If we hadn’t booked our holiday months ago (pre-coronavirus), we would have stayed here as well. If only we could book a villa in the British countryside somewhere with an outdoor hot tub...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yes. I'm unsure where at present but probably a short break soon overseas

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Majorca in Sept for me.

By *ngelndevilCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Don't see the point going abroad for sun in the UK summer. We have great countryside here and only a few months of the year when the weather is great. So we'll be staying UK breaks until at least October and then we'll see how the travel looks"

Where do you live that the weather is great? Feels like November outside!

"Don't see the point going abroad for sun in the UK summer. We have great countryside here and only a few months of the year when the weather is great. So we'll be staying UK breaks until at least October and then we'll see how the travel looks

Where do you live that the weather is great? Feels like November outside! "

Winter has returned here too

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We should have been over in Spain now, gutted as the weather is amazing over there and at the moment when I go outdoors here I’m wearing 4 layers, not what I want from summer

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"..I think I'll not sit cheek to jowl on a plane to sit in my room as the facilities are limited. "

Exactly this

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"..I think I'll not sit cheek to jowl on a plane to sit in my room as the facilities are limited.

Exactly this "

We have a place over in Spain so a little different than staying in a hotel but I can’t see people being tied to their rooms in a hotel abroad as they won’t be in this country and kind of think there will be more facilities to use abroad than the UK, just need to stay safe on the plane which I imagine will be no different than going to a pub/restaurant for a few hours or into a shopping centre or using public transport in this country.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I will be staying right here for the time being, I will admit that I'm not happy about cross border travelling just now, we haven't got the problem at our side of the pond sorted let alone start letting others in!

As apparently that is how it all started in the first place.

Now they are demanding that people wear face masks in all shops when most have been visiting supermarkets without them for 5 months?

Ridiculous! They've come up with that theory after 5 months? Really?

Sometimes U.K

Not just about ‘staying safe in the plane’ as you need to consider both the outward and return flights.

Being in bars/restaurants at your destination with a whole mix of other nationalities, some who may be more relaxed than yourself about wearing masks.

No thank you, I’d prefer to keep close to home for the foreseeable future.

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Hoping to already had one holiday cancelled and the other changed from Turkey to Corfu.

But we are not going to October.

London

"Don't see the point going abroad for sun in the UK summer. We have great countryside here and only a few months of the year when the weather is great. So we'll be staying UK breaks until at least October and then we'll see how the travel looks

Where do you live that the weather is great? Feels like November outside! "

Had my heating on yesterday.

Booked for 2 sites for the Motorhome.... not heading across the channel now until at least December,even though the motorhome is self contained....after seeing the Pubs and lack of respect for the guidelines yesterday...I fear for the worst

Yes Spain is probably a safer bet "

Catalonia is locked down again now

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Off to spain this week.

London

"Not just about ‘staying safe in the plane’ as you need to consider both the outward and return flights.

Being in bars/restaurants at your destination with a whole mix of other nationalities, some who may be more relaxed than yourself about wearing masks.

No thank you, I’d prefer to keep close to home for the foreseeable future."

Pretty much my thinking.

Four of us go away each year either in January or September. We're in our 50s/60s, three of us with medical conditions. We rent a four bed, four bath villa and hire a car. As we travel off season and don't head for popular tourist destinations, social distancing whilst there wouldn't be a problem...it's the getting there!

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

I always go in winter.. its cheaper and better I think

By *xfordiceCouple  over a year ago

Wallsall

"Or are you booking one very soon?"

Yes, we are off to Antalya on 17th!

Worcester

"Booked for 2 sites for the Motorhome.... not heading across the channel now until at least December,even though the motorhome is self contained....after seeing the Pubs and lack of respect for the guidelines yesterday...I fear for the worst"

Are you sure the footage that you saw was of yesterday as the real reports say otherwise.

The media will do anything to get a story, strangely even doctor footage.

By *exnPaul17Couple  over a year ago

Poole

We were meant to be going to Turkey on the 15th of July. We rescheduled it for next July. Gutted but will be worth the wait.

By *jj 69Man  over a year ago

blackpool

"meant b goin on hoilday to butlins with my 5 year old 1st week in august think can forget that i can what shame son really want to go

At the moment, I'm sure you'll be fine for that

i hope so son really want to go

"

A cautionary tale from a TA post:

We arrived on 1st of July and everything went fine on arrival. After scanning our QR’s we were all directed to the baggage belt and proceeded to our rented house. Yesterday evening I received a phone call,that two passengers on the same flight have been tested positive and today a shuttle arrived for our mandatory relocation to a quarantine destination. We are now really p* because that means, that even if you are not a risk candidate with full health they can quarantine anybody at any time. Our host tried to help us because we rent the same house since over 10 years and during this time Mikos has become a real friend. He said, that he fullfills every condition from the greek government including a dedicated doctor, but he couldn’t assist us in any manner to avoid relocation. We are now trapped and I’d like to share our experience to other people. I understand the security concerns to protect the local people, but they should inform about all possible scenarios in advance. We thought everything is fine, if you can leave the airport directly but that’s sadly not true.

oldham

We arrived on 1st of July and everything went fine on arrival. After scanning our QR’s we were all directed to the baggage belt and proceeded to our rented house. Yesterday evening I received a phone call,that two passengers on the same flight have been tested positive and today a shuttle arrived for our mandatory relocation to a quarantine destination. We are now really p* because that means, that even if you are not a risk candidate with full health they can quarantine anybody at any time. Our host tried to help us because we rent the same house since over 10 years and during this time Mikos has become a real friend. He said, that he fullfills every condition from the greek government including a dedicated doctor, but he couldn’t assist us in any manner to avoid relocation. We are now trapped and I’d like to share our experience to other people. I understand the security concerns to protect the local people, but they should inform about all possible scenarios in advance. We thought everything is fine, if you can leave the airport directly but that’s sadly not true.

"

That's interesting and good to know.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i "might" look at doing a few days in ireland possibly in october... but i don't think i really fancy going any further

I’m going to Greece with for two weeks at the start of August. If the bell ends who hit the pubs over the weekend cause a second lockdown or cause Greece not to allow British travellers, then I’m likely to walk into my local Spoons and start punching people failing to socially distance. I’ve worked through the whole lockdown and need a break

chelmsford

I was aware of this, only because I've been reading a Corfu forum about the regulations. Travel companies should inform their clients. I think it's on the gov.uk site also, that's worth a read before you travel anywhere.

By *hrobberMan  over a year ago

North West

Spain or Portugal in September hopefully . Safer in Europe anyway rather than this shit show.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Catalonia is locked down again now"

More sensationalism

It's not Catalonia, it's a REGION in Catalonia

North

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 22:31:35]

North

Catalonia is locked down again now

More sensationalism

It's not Catalonia, it's a REGION in Catalonia"

It’s not locked down. They are not confined to their homes.

By *onnya7447Man  over a year ago

great saling

I dunno maybe you could take a leaf from boris's dad and sneak into Greece via Bulgaria..."

No chance quarentine in bulgaria on arrival, had cancel my trip there on 28th

great saling

Butlins is fine, i'm independant travel agent and booked lots off butlins and hoseasons. Your holiday should be good to go

great saling

Going krakow end off month, dom rep in sept, hurghada for xmas. So glad skies opened up again. Missed getting away but thankfully did travel jan and feb. So not all bad

Will be on a cruise ship at the end of the month

the wetlands

"

Country, resort, hotel ?

Country, resort, hotel ?"

Crete. It’s all over TA on the forums. The guy who wrote this arrived in Hersonissos with his family, now he’s been transported to a government facility/hotel In Heraklion where he’s having to quarantine.

Currently Faraway

"I’m going to Greece with for two weeks at the start of August. If the bell ends who hit the pubs over the weekend cause a second lockdown or cause Greece not to allow British travellers, then I’m likely to walk into my local Spoons and start punching people failing to socially distance. I’ve worked through the whole lockdown and need a break"

Lol as much as I sympathise, I don’t think that would work constructively...

the wetlands

Country, resort, hotel ?

Crete. It’s all over TA on the forums. The guy who wrote this arrived in Hersonissos with his family, now he’s been transported to a government facility/hotel In Heraklion where he’s having to quarantine. "

I guess it MUST be true then lol

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Moved ours to 2021.

May take a fly-drive in the new year.

I was considering booking something for later in the year but the shifting situation both here and especially overseas is making me think twice.

Combine that with the limitations now present in a lot of travel insurance policies and it's a lot of money at risk with no guarantee.

I will probably leave it till next year at least.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

I am booked for Vegas at the end of the year. Does anyone know if the insurance companies will cover me if I fall ill with Covid in the USA.

Not too worried if I get it but it’s the USA medical bill that would actually kill me.

By *ny1localMan  over a year ago

READING

Can someone remind me, what is summer?

Off to turkey a week Friday, been booked since last year.

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

Hopefully Greece in September

By *ucianpoundCouple  over a year ago

Cap d’Agde, France

On hols at the moment, La Rochelle, Bordeaux and Dordogne at the mo, off to a swinging campsite on Wednesday followed by a kinky camping weekend and then on to some Cap shenanigans, things could be worse!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"I am booked for Vegas at the end of the year. Does anyone know if the insurance companies will cover me if I fall ill with Covid in the USA.

Not too worried if I get it but it’s the USA medical bill that would actually kill me. "

my aunt and her husbands family went florida last year and her mother in law was taken to hospital for 3 days.x rays bloods some other tests insurence picked the bill up bit was over 14 grand for 3 days.i imagine going forward insureance for going anywhere will cover u for most things but not covid.u get that abroad its likley to bankrupt you long before it kills u

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I am booked for Vegas at the end of the year. Does anyone know if the insurance companies will cover me if I fall ill with Covid in the USA.

Not too worried if I get it but it’s the USA medical bill that would actually kill me. my aunt and her husbands family went florida last year and her mother in law was taken to hospital for 3 days.x rays bloods some other tests insurence picked the bill up bit was over 14 grand for 3 days.i imagine going forward insureance for going anywhere will cover u for most things but not covid.u get that abroad its likley to bankrupt you long before it kills u"

I'm guessing that if she had said she didn't have insurance, they would have given her some paracetamol and sent her home. Private medical will do their best to spend all the money they think you have access to.

chelmsford

Not too worried if I get it but it’s the USA medical bill that would actually kill me. "

You would be best to check with your insurance company

the wetlands

I checked several insurance companies yesterday and all had pretty much the same thing to say

You are not covered for cancellation due to Covid, so if you have local lockdown or actually contract Covid you're insurance won't refund your holiday unless you booked before March 2021 (ie before Covid)

If you travel against the advice of the foreign office you're not covered for anyyhing they advise against travel so if you currently travel to the USA you're not covered if you catch Covid but you are ok if you fall and break a leg

If you contract Covid on your holiday you're fully covered for treatment and repatriation for countries on the green list.

Advice can change on a daily basis and you should check with your travel agent if in doubt and confirm with your insurer.

Personally I think that if you don't have an existing annual policy it would be worthwhile taking the insurance offered by the travel agent or tour operator and if you have to claim it might make things easier because if you book by Jet2 and take their insurance then they know exactly what they are selling.

All in my recent experience so do check for yourself but it could be totally different by the time you go.

the wetlands

"Can someone remind me, what is summer? "

It's what we had during lockdown

Sometimes U.K

"I always go in winter.. its cheaper and better I think"

Depends where you go..guaranteed winter sun is more expensive during those months.

Better in what way? Many resorts close their restaurants & bars during the winter.

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Hopefully Greece in August. Flights only.. I have a familiar place to go to find accommodation.. and if things change, we only lose flight money or rearrange.

Staycation to our beautiful secluded cottage in the Welsh hills for us later this month.

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

Going to stick to UK and Ireland for now.Just got a motorhome today so really looking forward to it!

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Nudist Club Near Monmouth

I'm thinking about cycling to Portsmouth and catching a ferry to Spain and then cycle touring/camping for a week and then cycling home again.

I should be able to maintain a good social distanced on the ferry and avoid people whilst on route; not sure about shared campsite facilities though so I'll need to do a bit more research first. Planning on going mid to late Sept (if I go at all)

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

2 holidays cancelled & I suspect our holiday in Jan 2021 will be too.

So we have rented a lodge with hot tub in August where I will continue my recovery from the virus looking at beautiful Yorkshire views- rain or shine im.sitting in that tub naked!

Staycation for me this year Missed out on 1 holiday already, taking Government advice & not traveling unnecessarily, I'll make up for it next year, due to go to Greece next week, ain't happening unfortunately

London

"Will be on a cruise ship at the end of the month "

...or not.

chelmsford

"Will be on a cruise ship at the end of the month

...or not. "

Are the Foreign office allowing us to go on cruises?

Nope, will be staying clear of people as much as we can

...or not.

Are the Foreign office allowing us to go on cruises?"

Current FO advice is not to holiday on any cruise ship. If you decide to go against official advice you won't be insured and will probably not receive any consular help if anything went tits up while you were there.

chelmsford

...or not.

Are the Foreign office allowing us to go on cruises?

Current FO advice is not to holiday on any cruise ship. If you decide to go against official advice you won't be insured and will probably not receive any consular help if anything went tits up while you were there. "

Cheers, that was my understanding

By *D900Couple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Going to Greece early August for 2 weeks & can't wait, just the 2 of us as well!

Dave & Desi.

chelmsford

"Going to Greece early August for 2 weeks & can't wait, just the 2 of us as well!

Dave & Desi. "

Enjoy! We should have been in Corfu right now, but cancelled

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Im in Blackpool end of October but not going abroad, i live by the sea so shall say at home this year

By *ancsduoCouple  over a year ago

Morecambe

Off to Rhodes beginning of Aug,can't wait.

On holiday right now, albeit within England but still got a nice sea view

Morecambe

Hope the sun shines for your hols.

By *pen our eyes and .....Couple  over a year ago

Near you

La Belle Francais 2 weeks from Aug 1st need abreak after california road trip fell through

In my happy place

Nope

Just got my refund.

"Off to Rhodes beginning of Aug,can't wait."

I’m looking to go there, but, there’s talk of a second lockdown being imminent due to a spike in cases over the last 24 hrs.

Greece averaged just 13 new infections a day throughout June. They’ve just had 60 in a day, 40 of which are imported.

It’s touch and go as to whether they’ll extend the flight ban for U.K. nationals beyond the 15th July.

Playing it by ear at the moment..

"I checked several insurance companies yesterday and all had pretty much the same thing to say

You are not covered for cancellation due to Covid, so if you have local lockdown or actually contract Covid you're insurance won't refund your holiday unless you booked before March 2021 (ie before Covid)

If you travel against the advice of the foreign office you're not covered for anyyhing they advise against travel so if you currently travel to the USA you're not covered if you catch Covid but you are ok if you fall and break a leg

If you contract Covid on your holiday you're fully covered for treatment and repatriation for countries on the green list.

Advice can change on a daily basis and you should check with your travel agent if in doubt and confirm with your insurer.

Personally I think that if you don't have an existing annual policy it would be worthwhile taking the insurance offered by the travel agent or tour operator and if you have to claim it might make things easier because if you book by Jet2 and take their insurance then they know exactly what they are selling.

All in my recent experience so do check for yourself but it could be totally different by the time you go.

"

Good info

chelmsford

"Off to Rhodes beginning of Aug,can't wait.

I’m looking to go there, but, there’s talk of a second lockdown being imminent due to a spike in cases over the last 24 hrs.

Greece averaged just 13 new infections a day throughout June. They’ve just had 60 in a day, 40 of which are imported.

It’s touch and go as to whether they’ll extend the flight ban for U.K. nationals beyond the 15th July.

Playing it by ear at the moment.."

Yes, Greece have been very strict, I do wonder what will happen. They are randomly testing at the airports already , they may up that, in the circumstances.

Yes, Greece have been very strict, I do wonder what will happen. They are randomly testing at the airports already , they may up that, in the circumstances."

I wish they would test everyone at the airports. 20 minute results, people not allowed to travel if they test positive. Safer in theory than temperature checks.

chelmsford

Yes, Greece have been very strict, I do wonder what will happen. They are randomly testing at the airports already , they may up that, in the circumstances.

I wish they would test everyone at the airports. 20 minute results, people not allowed to travel if they test positive. Safer in theory than temperature checks. "

Yes it would be safer

By *ll the gear.....Couple  over a year ago

Town north of Notts

We fly out to Greece 30th August, hoping it’s calmed down a bit by then

I'm supposed to be holidaying in Devon for 2 weeks at the end of July. All open and expected to go ahead, but I still can't see it happening personally

Sometimes U.K

"I'm thinking about cycling to Portsmouth and catching a ferry to Spain and then cycle touring/camping for a week and then cycling home again. "

Sounds a wonderful holiday..Spanish sunshine and exercise

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Are holidays so important with what's going on in the world.?

We as a race that's human not black or white green blue any one I've forgotten

Sorry.

The planet economy is imploding, and fab swingers experts are talking holidays.

This is why this country is in the state it is.

Every one is thinking about there selves.

Very fucking sad

"Going to stick to UK and Ireland for now.Just got a motorhome today so really looking forward to it! "

Safe travels in the MoHo.... great for EU trips too in the future...

Mine is out week after next...in the UK sadly not France as planned

"Booked for 2 sites for the Motorhome.... not heading across the channel now until at least December,even though the motorhome is self contained....after seeing the Pubs and lack of respect for the guidelines yesterday...I fear for the worst

Are you sure the footage that you saw was of yesterday as the real reports say otherwise.

The media will do anything to get a story, strangely even doctor footage."

Not from where I was...

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

Not everyone is thinking of themselves... both of us have worked long shifts in different hospitals during very difficult and trying times. Our kids have had to fend for themselves most days.. we have managed to book a family lodge for a well earned break in the surf in N Devon...not some boozy party time holiday...(oh and we both contracted covid at work early on.)

Suppose we are fucking sad then ?????

By *ll the gear.....Couple  over a year ago

Town north of Notts

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

We have both worked throughout the pandemic and not had a day off since 15th Jan....personally I think we deserve a holiday and have chosen a small hotel with just 50 rooms. We always keep ourselves to ourselves and for us its just a well deserved break!

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

What would you prefer people did ? Sit about at home moping about the state of the economy ? That, to me, is what is very fucking sad. I’m gonna live my life thank you

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

What would you prefer people did ? Sit about at home moping about the state of the economy ? That, to me, is what is very fucking sad. I’m gonna live my life thank you "

Well said. sick of hearing stay home bull shit

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

What would you prefer people did ? Sit about at home moping about the state of the economy ? That, to me, is what is very fucking sad. I’m gonna live my life thank you

Well said. sick of hearing stay home bull shit "

Too right, just got back off my hols today and had a great time bothering nobody. If people wanna sit at home in Gas masks good on ya, saves me queuing for my future 50% off free food

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

Too right, just got back off my hols today and had a great time bothering nobody. If people wanna sit at home in Gas masks good on ya, saves me queuing for my future 50% off free food "

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

We have both worked throughout the pandemic and not had a day off since 15th Jan....personally I think we deserve a holiday and have chosen a small hotel with just 50 rooms. We always keep ourselves to ourselves and for us its just a well deserved break!"

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

What an angry little man.

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

Too right, just got back off my hols today and had a great time bothering nobody. If people wanna sit at home in Gas masks good on ya, saves me queuing for my future 50% off free food "

??

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

Too right, just got back off my hols today and had a great time bothering nobody. If people wanna sit at home in Gas masks good on ya, saves me queuing for my future 50% off free food

??"

The new 50% off when you eat out at selected restaurants, be less in the queues

By *nmgCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Had 2 weeks in Portugal cancelled last week..... Booked a week in Scotland instead.

It's nearly the same!

the wetlands

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

Are you sitting at home on 80% salary I suppose

Worcester

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

How can the planet economy implode?

As its man made, it can be reset and started afresh.

People are just grabbing onto anything that brings back a sense of normality so we feel that its unfair to berate them.

I was due to fly to Egypt on the 23rd but had it changed to next year kids not happy until this time next year lol

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"If got 3 long weekends booked for Spain bought all flights when ultra cheap he he "

Where you going as a lot of things still shut as so few tourists and expect a strong police presence enforcing their rules including masks at all times and social distancing

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

You don't know anyone else's circumstances and have no right to judge.

A lot of us have worked all the way through lockdown, some with vulnerable people so having to miss even socially distanced visits to family and friends.

It's not unreasonable for people to want to take a break and get a change of scenery, whilst supporting the local economies of tourist areas which will otherwise suffer.

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

Thinking about “there selves” will stop the economy “imploding further.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Just booked a long weekend in Prague , looking to book another in italy, can’t decide between Verona, Bologna or Perugia.

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

finished my holiday in Cornwall. it was packed full of foreign tourists

Not going anywhere but a staycation for me till at least this time next year

By *torm in a G cupWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Long White Cloud

I am very lucky to live in New Zealand.

Hopefully the Government will be announcing a bubble with Cook Islands and some of the other Pacific Islands which are covid free.

Australia might be a little way away with the outbreak in Victoria.

My family were booked to visit us from UK later in the year, but the NZ border is likely to remain closed to non-citizens and returning residents til next year at least.

"Just booked a long weekend in Prague , looking to book another in italy, can’t decide between Verona, Bologna or Perugia."

Verona is a beautiful city and only an hour or so on the (surprisingly punctual) train to Venice or even closer to Lake Garda. We have been many times and still find something new to see and do.

Hopefully we will be in Venice for a week in September.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Off to Sicily in october and hopefully Amalfi coast in August x

In my happy place

Just got refund on mine.

Maybe next year...

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

We are giving abroad a miss at the moment just booked a week in Cornwall for the 21st August

No I am not. I cant see why anyone would want to go on holiday during this time and risk it?

By *himp_KittenCouple  over a year ago

Preston

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad"

And yet here you sit... on the internet, run off servers, which need electricity from fossil fuels / nuclear (maybe a sprinkle of renewable)...

Viewed on an electric device made up of rare earth minerals which require extensive mining...

Made in a factory

Shipped around the world on planes, trains, ships

Transported locally on trucks

Which you paid for

All for the purpose of meeting people for sexual encounters...

Soooooo off your high horse good fella.. have a word with yourself... and tootle off into the woods to live a life without any of today's modern vices.

And yep, we're jetting off hopefully.

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

Just got a motorhome so will be sticking to UK and Ireland for now.

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

And yet here you sit... on the internet, run off servers, which need electricity from fossil fuels / nuclear (maybe a sprinkle of renewable)...

Viewed on an electric device made up of rare earth minerals which require extensive mining...

Made in a factory

Which you paid for

Soooooo off your high horse good fella.. have a word with yourself... and tootle off into the woods to live a life without any of today's modern vices.

And yep, we're jetting off hopefully. "

Morecambe

"You people.

Nothing as changed.

Nothing nothing.

Sorry.

Very fucking sad

Made in a factory

Which you paid for

And yep, we're jetting off hopefully. "

Went to Turkey mid July, had a great time, no issues at all and I’m still alive to tell the tale

I'm off on mine next week. Sicily here I come

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We've just booked tonight for a week in Scotland.

Really in need of a relaxing break. Just hoping the weather stays dry.

kinky land

I've started packing

Absolutely ??..

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I have booked nothing and have no intention of doing so, I have no high moral issues about anyone doing it, they make their choices and I am making mine.

I am keeping me and the people I love and hold dear safe in the way I feel I have to, everyone makes their own decisions.

whether i am right or wrong only time MAY tell, is we all survive !

chelmsford

"I have booked nothing and have no intention of doing so, I have no high moral issues about anyone doing it, they make their choices and I am making mine.

I am keeping me and the people I love and hold dear safe in the way I feel I have to, everyone makes their own decisions.

whether i am right or wrong only time MAY tell, is we all survive !"

Same here

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Personally I do not care if I never holiday again. I would rather sit in a garden with a book and a beer..

Travelling is so over rated...

It really is ... Some people only holiday to show off...

"Personally I do not care if I never holiday again. I would rather sit in a garden with a book and a beer..

It really is ... Some people only holiday to show off... "

I go because I enjoy the culture and the experiences.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I have just got back from a lovely week in Norfolk. It was a much needed change of scenery.

I wouldn't feel comfortable travelling abroad though.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Personally I do not care if I never holiday again. I would rather sit in a garden with a book and a beer..

Is there room for individuality in Essex Tom world, or must we all see things from your perspective?! Jeez.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

It really is ... Some people only holiday to show off...

Is there room for individuality in Essex Tom world, or must we all see things from your perspective?! Jeez. "

Surely you must have met them...

Enjoy little England

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've cancelled all holidays away for the foreseeable future