FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Has anyone here been diagnosed with the coronavirus?

Has anyone here been diagnosed with the coronavirus?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you were how bad was it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imi100Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

My lovely friend was diagnosed, and he died in april...no underlying health issues. I'm struggling to come to terms with it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv not..... So far, my mate went into hospital with it, contracted sepsis, cut off both his legs and one arm, he died, sorry to a doom merchant

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes.

"Very mild", the doctors say. I was low to very low risk of serious outcomes.

I'm two months in. The first two weeks were like a proper flu. Barely left bed, fever and chills, difficulty breathing. Eating and drinking were very painful in my chest. As was breathing and moving. I never had any significant coughing.

I'm a very stoic person and I had the ambulance out twice because of severe breathlessness at rest including moderate pain. The second episode I was having dizzy spells and loss of vision. Able to care for myself at home, they said. Apparently they are extremely reluctant to take anyone to hospital because it's awful in there right now.

After the first two weeks the fever broke, but I'd lost all my strength. I'm still extremely weak and have not returned to exercise. I've been on one five minute walk but otherwise have not left my apartment complex since early May. Taking the bin out is just starting to be possible without landing me in bed in pain.

My chest is tight and breathing continues to be a little difficult, but it's more hard and less painful now. I've become accustomed to it. Being used to chest pain and breathing impairment is scary.

For 4-5 weeks I suffered unusual and crippling fatigue, unlike anything I've ever experienced. I can't really describe it. It was constant but also increased randomly. I'd sit quietly, doing ok, and suddenly "no ok you need to go to bed now". I'm just at the point where I don't need to nap every day. I'm "normal" tired now, and frankly it's a luxury I hope I never take for granted again.

Some people suffer that fatigue and other symptoms for much longer than I have. I'm one of the lucky ones. It's been utterly horrific.

A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure.

"A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure. "

That is so sad, such a young age. So sorry for your loss

"A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure. "

Did she die of covid though, what I mean is, my mate went into hospital because of covid but died because of sepsis,but covid on certificate,sorry about your friend

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

I had all the symptoms apart from the temperature, i seriously thought I was going to die, I was struggling to breathe, I had no energy its the worst thing I have ever had in my life, my breathing still hasn't fully returned and I often gasp for breath,

"Yes.

I'm two months in. The first two weeks were like a proper flu. Barely left bed, fever and chills, difficulty breathing. Eating and drinking were very painful in my chest. As was breathing and moving. I never had any significant coughing.

I'm a very stoic person and I had the ambulance out twice because of severe breathlessness at rest including moderate pain. The second episode I was having dizzy spells and loss of vision. Able to care for myself at home, they said. Apparently they are extremely reluctant to take anyone to hospital because it's awful in there right now.

After the first two weeks the fever broke, but I'd lost all my strength. I'm still extremely weak and have not returned to exercise. I've been on one five minute walk but otherwise have not left my apartment complex since early May. Taking the bin out is just starting to be possible without landing me in bed in pain.

My chest is tight and breathing continues to be a little difficult, but it's more hard and less painful now. I've become accustomed to it. Being used to chest pain and breathing impairment is scary.

For 4-5 weeks I suffered unusual and crippling fatigue, unlike anything I've ever experienced. I can't really describe it. It was constant but also increased randomly. I'd sit quietly, doing ok, and suddenly "no ok you need to go to bed now". I'm just at the point where I don't need to nap every day. I'm "normal" tired now, and frankly it's a luxury I hope I never take for granted again.

Some people suffer that fatigue and other symptoms for much longer than I have. I'm one of the lucky ones. It's been utterly horrific."

"Very mild" sounds much worse than that and I didn't know it could last for so long. Hope you make 100% recovery soon.

[Removed by poster at 04/07/20 00:16:07]

[Removed by poster at 04/07/20 00:18:14]

"A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure.

Did she die of covid though, what I mean is, my mate went into hospital because of covid but died because of sepsis,but covid on certificate,sorry about your friend "

This is what I'm hearing a lot. People have died with the virus and even thought it wasn't the cause of death, its been put on the certificate. I imagine the covid death figures must be way out!

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

We lost a friend to it young mum with no underlying health problems

we both had mild symptoms docs told us to isolate which we have for 3 months now just started walking again

Still not back to full strength chest is still very tight when we walk no way I can run again yet or ride the bike for any length of time but we are getting there

We know a few guys from here that have had it to a good friend nearly died it was touch and go but he made it so far thro but still can’t breath good lung capacity is shot to bits

We don’t know if we will ever get back to what we were or if it will shorten our lifespan at all know body knows what the future health problems will be yet

We take one day at a time hopfully we can get back to Australia to see the kids at some point

"A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure.

Did she die of covid though, what I mean is, my mate went into hospital because of covid but died because of sepsis,but covid on certificate,sorry about your friend

This is what I'm hearing a lot. People have died with the virus and even thought it wasn't the cause of death, its been put on the certificate. I imagine the covid death figures must be way out! "

Especially with no autopsy

Did she die of covid though, what I mean is, my mate went into hospital because of covid but died because of sepsis,but covid on certificate,sorry about your friend "

Thanks.

I am not 100% sure (she was a friend but not someone I was super close to) I think the official cause of death was kidney failure, but her kidneys were fine prior to her catching Covid. So she didn't actually die *of* the virus, but from the damage that the virus did to her body.

Which is something that isn't really being talked about, that I have seen.

I had a 'presumed positive' result.

I had no sense of smell or taste at all. I wheezed a bit,my legs ached & felt heavy,my hands also hurt was very tired & needed to sleep a lot..it was a very strange feeling

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

This is what I'm hearing a lot. People have died with the virus and even thought it wasn't the cause of death, its been put on the certificate. I imagine the covid death figures must be way out! "

Death certificates nowadays (since the Shipman enquiry) have to specify the actual cause of death but also contributing factors leading to that. So in this case both Sepsis and covid19 will be on the certificate.

"I had a 'presumed positive' result.

I had no sense of smell or taste at all. I wheezed a bit,my legs ached & felt heavy,my hands also hurt was very tired & needed to sleep a lot..it was a very strange feeling "

So did you have it? Presumed is not conclusive, ask them again

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Got a friend who got it while working on a ward ,he had 2 weeks of and was back at work after ,by the sounds of it some of you had it rough ,glad your on the mend ..

By *aughty_nymphWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I know of 6 people in my home town that had it at the very beginning... and my grandparents have also had it. Luckily everyone has recovered that I know!

I’ve stayed indoors for pretty much 4 months because I’m not risking it for my unborn baby.

"Got a friend who got it while working on a ward ,he had 2 weeks of and was back at work after ,by the sounds of it some of you had it rough ,glad your on the mend .."

Same, my mate is a nurse, he was positive as was 80% of the staff on his ward,none of them died or indeed were ill, all back at work and fine..... Weird

"I know of 6 people in my home town that had it at the very beginning... and my grandparents have also had it. Luckily everyone has recovered that I know!

I’ve stayed indoors for pretty much 4 months because I’m not risking it for my unborn baby. "

Bloodyhell you're gorgeous, oooops sorry, hope you are all well, good luck with baby

I had it. Got it off a woman on here meeting just before lockdown. She messaged and said she tested positive and by that time I felt like I was dying

"I had a 'presumed positive' result.

I had no sense of smell or taste at all. I wheezed a bit,my legs ached & felt heavy,my hands also hurt was very tired & needed to sleep a lot..it was a very strange feeling

So did you have it? Presumed is not conclusive, ask them again"

Yeah I know that's why I made a point of stating I was 'presumed positive' next test was void,then after a third I got a negative so I'll never really know

Yep, presumed positive here too, I'm a carer and our unit had an outbreak in March, out of 24 residents 10 caught it, 7 didn't survive unfortunately. The 3 that recovered have sadly declined massively in their health however and we're not sure if they will ever fully recover. The care they now need is much higher than precovid.

We were all tested multiple times, my first 2 tests came back void and the 3rd negative. *if* i caught it when the outbreak was happening my only sympton was severe fatigue, and a cough for about 48 hours, but we have staff who still don't have their taste or smell back and who had to take weeks and weeks off work to recover.

All 3 in our household had it in December last year. Had an holiday in tenerife, came back and was so poorly. High temps, cough, no appetite... in bed (separate) as coughing so much and it started with just a tickle in back of throat. We missed out of xmas and New Year. We ok now but still suffer from fatigue

I had symptoms.

I started showing them five days before lockdown began on the 23rd, a fever, sudden dry and persistent cough and breathlessness. Obviously I can't say if I definitely did or did not have it as tests weren't available at that time. But I do work in the bar cafe of a hotel so I come in contact with people's germs constantly, and the weekend before I went off we were very busy and I personally took about eighty payments off people.

Like I said, obviously I can't say whether I had it or not, but my dry cough and the breathlessness lasted seven weeks. I can't think of something else that would have lingered for so long!

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

I think you're right. Coupled with government now admitting numbers of positive cases was wrong too and it shows there is no reliable measure of the mortality rate here.

It was never going to be possible to get an accurate measure of this without RELIABLE nationwide testing but proof that the numbers we do have were wrong means we've been listening to a load of crap being reported to us for months now. For those who suffer with anxiety, the implications of this 'mistake' are huge!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

my aunt died from it about weeks ago..... now my sister who works for the nhs is currently in cautionary isolation after having mild symptoms, she is awaiting the results back from hers

"I had symptoms.

I started showing them five days before lockdown began on the 23rd, a fever, sudden dry and persistent cough and breathlessness. Obviously I can't say if I definitely did or did not have it as tests weren't available at that time. But I do work in the bar cafe of a hotel so I come in contact with people's germs constantly, and the weekend before I went off we were very busy and I personally took about eighty payments off people.

Like I said, obviously I can't say whether I had it or not, but my dry cough and the breathlessness lasted seven weeks. I can't think of something else that would have lingered for so long!"

It’s interesting. It does sound like it. Part of me wonders if this has been around for ages? Because I went to Japan last year and got really ill a week after being in Kyoto, which was packed with tourists from all over the the world. I developed a dry hacking cough and high fever, body aches, stabbing pains and shortness of breath. Then when I arrived home I lost sense of smell and taste.

THEN I went to China a few months later. Came back from there, and I didn’t get ill but my partner developed a fever, dry cough and all the symptoms you described and it also lasted 7 weeks as you described. I also passed whatever it was to my office and it took everyone down, except me.

I found it strange that I didn’t catch it or get ill. I assumed it must have been a variation of what I caught in Asia a few months prior.

Following that, a lot of people I know have caught covid19 and one person I was in close contact with died (I sat in the same room as they were diagnosed). Yet I haven’t fallen ill

It really makes me wonder if it’s been here for years, and if some of us are immune due to past exposure?

Food for thought I guess.

"I had symptoms.

Like I said, obviously I can't say whether I had it or not, but my dry cough and the breathlessness lasted seven weeks. I can't think of something else that would have lingered for so long!

It’s interesting. It does sound like it. Part of me wonders if this has been around for ages? Because I went to Japan last year and got really ill a week after being in Kyoto, which was packed with tourists from all over the the world. I developed a dry hacking cough and high fever, body aches, stabbing pains and shortness of breath. Then when I arrived home I lost sense of smell and taste.

THEN I went to China a few months later. Came back from there, and I didn’t get ill but my partner developed a fever, dry cough and all the symptoms you described and it also lasted 7 weeks as you described. I also passed whatever it was to my office and it took everyone down, except me.

I found it strange that I didn’t catch it or get ill. I assumed it must have been a variation of what I caught in Asia a few months prior.

Following that, a lot of people I know have caught covid19 and one person I was in close contact with died (I sat in the same room as they were diagnosed). Yet I haven’t fallen ill

It really makes me wonder if it’s been here for years, and if some of us are immune due to past exposure?

Food for thought I guess."

It probably has really, but it hasn't become such a big thing since the virus mutated (and it must have mutated in that time if it's been around so long) into the more infected, deadly stage?

My uncle had heart issues, he passed in his sleep. DC stated C19 as cause, his wife and daughter said they did believe this to be incorrect and were told it is down to them to prove otherwise

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

This is a really interesting post. I have not had the virus and only know one person who has (a GP). From what people have said including her it is really not a nice thing to have. I wish there were more reports on TV from people who have had it, similar to those who have posted on here.

Just to make the Covidiots realise it's not something they want to get... I know we need to start living more normally, we can't stay locked down forever but some people still don't take it seriously...

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

I had the antibody blood test in May and tested positive. Was asymptomatic.

Cocoa speaking.. Nuts contracted it back in March before I even met him and he self isolated and recovered within a couple of weeks. Scary.. I took a risk meeting him knowing he'd had it but so far I've been in great health well to my knowledge anyways

Manchester (she/her)

"This is a really interesting post. I have not had the virus and only know one person who has (a GP). From what people have said including her it is really not a nice thing to have. I wish there were more reports on TV from people who have had it, similar to those who have posted on here.

Just to make the Covidiots realise it's not something they want to get... I know we need to start living more normally, we can't stay locked down forever but some people still don't take it seriously... "

I saw some articles about long haulers on the BBC. They're not common but it's a risk (I suspect I'm only medium haul).

I know we can't stay locked down forever but... things seem quite foolish at the moment.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Some very sad stories on here,my sympathy to those who have lost loved ones and friends.

This thread should be posted as a sticky on the virus page for all to read so the morons claiming it's not real or only effect the old might actually wake up and realise that this is an awful virus not only how contagious it is but also the manner in which it attacks the body.

It's a clever fucker that will keep attacking until it finds a weakness then doesn't let up.

Be warned

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

No i have not had it, and i hope i dont !

In April and May i lost two of my oldest and dearest friends to this fucking virus, both fit as fiddles till they got it, both died in weeks !

I couldn't even go to the funerals; they were both fellow bikers and normally they would have had a large number of friends escorting the hearse !

they got no one !!!

By *lwaysup4it69Couple  over a year ago

Kirkby in Ashfield

My sister had it, thankfully she has recovered, but she has a lit 9f problems with breathing

[Removed by poster at 04/07/20 18:19:11]

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I know many people who had covid, they all effected in different ways. Only know afew people who died of it. It's not taken seriously enough

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Current antibody testing suggests 1 in 16 of the general public have had it and survived

I tested positive in April and have antibodies on the blood test so I’m hoping some immunity lasts for a while

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"I had symptoms.

There was a spike in online searches for the symptoms of covid starting late summer 2019 in China. China covered it up to start with so I think it's pretty safe to assume it's been about a year since this started.

It must be attracted to the swinging scene because of all the other internet sites I’m on this is by far the worst affected.

"It must be attracted to the swinging scene because of all the other internet sites I’m on this is by far the worst affected."

Does there also seem to be an exceptionally high percentage of frontline NHS workers on those other sites?

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"All 3 in our household had it in December last year. Had an holiday in tenerife, came back and was so poorly. High temps, cough, no appetite... in bed (separate) as coughing so much and it started with just a tickle in back of throat. We missed out of xmas and New Year. We ok now but still suffer from fatigue"

December, how do you know it was covid? As EU wasn't testing for covid then.

"It must be attracted to the swinging scene because of all the other internet sites I’m on this is by far the worst affected.

Does there also seem to be an exceptionally high percentage of frontline NHS workers on those other sites? "

I must admit the nurses outfit isn’t as prevalent

staffordshire

"All 3 in our household had it in December last year. Had an holiday in tenerife, came back and was so poorly. High temps, cough, no appetite... in bed (separate) as coughing so much and it started with just a tickle in back of throat. We missed out of xmas and New Year. We ok now but still suffer from fatigue

December, how do you know it was covid? As EU wasn't testing for covid then."

There was a fair sized outbreak of Influenza A in the UK/Europe last December (a month earlier than usual)

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

I know two that had it and recovered, another three that didn't make it.

Are you aware that sepsis is caused by an overwhelming infection of the body? Covid and any infection has the power to cause sepsis once it has taken hold. If Covid is on the death certificate it's because the Covid infection caused the sepsis.

I am sorry for your friend.

south coast

[Removed by poster at 04/07/20 19:30:13]

south coast

"No i have not had it, and i hope i dont !

In April and May i lost two of my oldest and dearest friends to this fucking virus, both fit as fiddles till they got it, both died in weeks !

I couldn't even go to the funerals; they were both fellow bikers and normally they would have had a large number of friends escorting the hearse !

they got no one !!!"

Where they smokers or over weight. As im sure they class those as underlying health issues?

Sorry for your loss btw.

Sorry for anyone who lost friends and family through this.

It's strange how it affects people in different ways.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"All 3 in our household had it in December last year. Had an holiday in tenerife, came back and was so poorly. High temps, cough, no appetite... in bed (separate) as coughing so much and it started with just a tickle in back of throat. We missed out of xmas and New Year. We ok now but still suffer from fatigue

December, how do you know it was covid? As EU wasn't testing for covid then.

There was a fair sized outbreak of Influenza A in the UK/Europe last December (a month earlier than usual)"

This is true. Can find weekly flu report by searching on Google. Too many people assuming what they had at that time was covid 19 when probably flu.

Im still getting over it. Caught it about 5 weeks ago and spent 3 nights in hospital. Getting better each day but jeez i was ill. Every muscle ached. My head felt as if it was ready to burst. My breathing was laboured as if there was no air.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

-----

People don't die of Covid-19. They die from the symptoms that are being caused by the disease. This is the same for all diseases, they cause something to not work (like Heart, Kidney, Lungs, etc...) and that kills you. It doesn't take away the fact that it IS the virus that's responsible for the death. In much the same way that most stabbing\gun-shot victims die from blood-loss, the cause is the event that created the problem.

Cal

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

3 friends who all work in local hospital had it .... 2 felt as though they had a bad cold ... both had week off work then back to work other friend had more like flu like symptoms for 2 weeks ... no long lasting effects ...

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

And you know better than the doctor who signed the death certificate about the chain of illnesses that led to his death?

Cramlington

"Yes.

Some people suffer that fatigue and other symptoms for much longer than I have. I'm one of the lucky ones. It's been utterly horrific."

Hope you get well soon...

Cramlington

Have I had it? No. DO I know anyone?

My dad.

Eight weeks ago we were prepared for him to die without my ever seeing him again. He had a minor complication of an existing condition, was blue lighted to his local A&E. 36 hours later they told him he was positive for COVID 19, which as he puts it, explains why he felt the worst he ever has.

He made it through, with side effects and lingering symptoms. He is the toughest man I know, and it utterly floored him.

This may explain why I have low tolerance for those who minimize the impact of this virus, or who seek to make some kind of debate out of the wide range of symptoms and impacts it precipitates.

I had a bad "cold" in January but put it down to overtraining on the bike....but my 3 neighbours have had it...the 2 "kids" (adults at home with mum - 40's) had coughs and temperature...he shouted across the drive to me ....I said...get back inside I don't want it...he was diagnosed by 111 but no test, his sister was worse than him barking away for 2 or 3 weeks, the mother kept on going around for a week..ugh...then felt poorly and got worse in the kids week 2....a friend was dropping food and supplies on their door step....she pinged me a message that she was worried, I rang the lad on his mobile and told him to take me to his mum and tell me her symptoms and how she was.... in 1 minute I told him to ring 999....he did and ambulance came and in 3hrs Mum was on a ventilator for 3 weeks, then 2 weeks on a ward and then 2 more weeks rehab before she came home......only one link between them apart from genetics...was they are all on Blood pressure medication.... it is real...it is just so many of us don't know anyone who have had this virus...those of us who have...are extra cautious

Dad is 1 of only 30 people in the town I live that has died from it.

Went from healthy to gone in 21 days.

No health issues

"Have I had it? No. DO I know anyone?

My dad.

Eight weeks ago we were prepared for him to die without my ever seeing him again. He had a minor complication of an existing condition, was blue lighted to his local A&E. 36 hours later they told him he was positive for COVID 19, which as he puts it, explains why he felt the worst he ever has.

He made it through, with side effects and lingering symptoms. He is the toughest man I know, and it utterly floored him.

This may explain why I have low tolerance for those who minimize the impact of this virus, or who seek to make some kind of debate out of the wide range of symptoms and impacts it precipitates."

The lasting affects are far worse than anyone realises. I'm sorry your dad and yourself are going through this.

This myth is really frustrating. If anything covid has been underplayed in the figures. Government are only including covid+ cases in the figures. Thousands untested that died of covid but were never tested.

"Some very sad stories on here,my sympathy to those who have lost loved ones and friends.

This thread should be posted as a sticky on the virus page for all to read so the morons claiming it's not real or only effect the old might actually wake up and realise that this is an awful virus not only how contagious it is but also the manner in which it attacks the body.

It's a clever fucker that will keep attacking until it finds a weakness then doesn't let up.

Be warned"

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Has anyone any ideas about how they picked it up I don't mean NH workers but general public, some have probably caught it abroad I see. I an convinced we all should be taking more care ie wearing face masks when out shopping etc we are only out for a short time it is not that much of a hardship and may stop anyone who has it from spreading it so easily.

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

yep one of us back in April - also tested positive for antibodies.

Quite poorly at the time & now have chronic fatigue.

Sleep & work - its all I do now

Manchester (she/her)

"yep one of us back in April - also tested positive for antibodies.

Sleep & work - its all I do now "

I'm sorry x

Sorry to hear some of these messages. It seems that it lingers in some people far longer than others.

Strange

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

"yep one of us back in April - also tested positive for antibodies.

Sleep & work - its all I do now

I'm sorry x"

Thank you x

In a better position still than so many others though so I thank my lucky stars that I'm here & I will recover at some point.

By *exyJames568Man  over a year ago

London

I got tested for the antibodys by my work place and I've had it with no effect at all

We’re so sad for those who have suffered so much...either themselves or through bereavement. We were both ill at beginning of March...2/3 weeks chills, cough, weakness. Probably not Covid but just don’t know. It’s an horrific illness and seemingly abstract to some not affected...scary. So sorry for all those on here who have suffered and lost loved ones and sending healing vibes to you

"I got tested for the antibodys by my work place and I've had it with no effect at all "

Lucky you

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

This thread is tough reading.

I’ve not been personally affected but I have friends who lost loved ones.

I suspect I had it early on, but the ransom postal test last week shows I do t have it now (not an antibody test).

I do understand the frustrations of people who have their livelihoods affected and their lifestyle compromised, but the reality is this is a horrible and virulent disease.

If you’ve been lucky to shake off the infection easily then I’m pleased for you. But don’t underestimate how bad it can be and it seems to take folk almost at random.

By *othBatGirlWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Asymptomatic - if you've had the virus without symptoms. You are infectious to others - those others symptoms could range from being asymptomatic to death.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe disease.

Covid-19 is a new strain - so if you have had similar symptoms before the first reported outbreak, you did not have Covid-19, you most had an influenza virus (also part of the coronavirus family)

All these "it's been around before" go back to not vaccinatng.

[Removed by poster at 06/07/20 16:26:05]

"My lovely friend was diagnosed, and he died in april...no underlying health issues. I'm struggling to come to terms with it "

That's sad to hear.

I had it or should say the 4 man saturation dive team had it whilst working abroad all medivaced home two died in hospital I very nearly died myself, so it's real, its defo a killer I'm a fit man or was! Damaged lungs means I carnt dive and survive the process so now a retired ex saturation deep sea diver.

Sat in the sun today recovering still, get tested every week and still Neg, blood tested every two weeks to see of kidneys recover.I could write a book on my experiences.

It's worse than I imagined

Yes had it, along with 150 of my work collegues. Noting more than mild flu symptoms for me. Better in under a week. Of the 150 people who had it 2 were hospitalise all survived.

Has anyone had strange rashes or skin conditions I have heard this is a symptom too

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Death certificates have the cause of death and also any other factors that contributed to the death.

For example my partner died of sepsis a few years ago, he also had diabetes and brain cancer.

The sepsis caused his death but the other two where still listed on the certificate.

Therefore anyone who dies who was presumed or confirmed with covid will have it listed on the cwrtificate even if it wasn't the actual cause of death.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

I had it and can in no way be compared to flu. I have met several people who had it the same time as me all who had breathing problems....

I had the cough, severe aches and a fever like I had never experienced before but then developed breathing problems which is when it gets really concerning ..... luckily that's as far as it went and within 3 weeks I was back to normal but still with a residual tiredness .

Back to 100 % now !!

Sussex

Its covid that has caused or contributed or cause death prematurely so of course it should go on the death Certificate. These are excess deaths over and above stats from other years .... luckily I am now ok but seriously you do feel you are dying when you have it .

Sussex

"This thread is tough reading.

I’ve not been personally affected but I have friends who lost loved ones.

I suspect I had it early on, but the ransom postal test last week shows I do t have it now (not an antibody test).

I do understand the frustrations of people who have their livelihoods affected and their lifestyle compromised, but the reality is this is a horrible and virulent disease.

If you’ve been lucky to shake off the infection easily then I’m pleased for you. But don’t underestimate how bad it can be and it seems to take folk almost at random.

"

"My lovely friend was diagnosed, and he died in april...no underlying health issues. I'm struggling to come to terms with it

That's sad to hear.

I had it or should say the 4 man saturation dive team had it whilst working abroad all medivaced home two died in hospital I very nearly died myself, so it's real, its defo a killer I'm a fit man or was! Damaged lungs means I carnt dive and survive the process so now a retired ex saturation deep sea diver.

Sat in the sun today recovering still, get tested every week and still Neg, blood tested every two weeks to see of kidneys recover.I could write a book on my experiences."

so sorry to hear this wish you well x

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

This is what I'm hearing a lot. People have died with the virus and even thought it wasn't the cause of death, its been put on the certificate. I imagine the covid death figures must be way out!

Death certificates have the cause of death and also any other factors that contributed to the death.

For example my partner died of sepsis a few years ago, he also had diabetes and brain cancer.

The sepsis caused his death but the other two where still listed on the certificate.

Therefore anyone who dies who was presumed or confirmed with covid will have it listed on the cwrtificate even if it wasn't the actual cause of death. "

Sorry to hear.

As for death cert- there you go into the pathophysiology of disease. Someone goes in with 'sepsis'. If they had no other conditions, then more likely to survive. Throw in diabetes which hammers your immune system or Covid which hammers yours respiratory system, and suddenly your survival chances have dropped...

Therefore, you may go in return m with kidney failure, but that's just the first Domino.

I had it never experienced anything like it before

I'm one of the lucky ones but still suffer. My heart and prayers go out to all those who didn't make it , God Bless .

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

My son caught it.

He is an elite athlete, marathons, iron man's etc.

He was incredibly poorly for at least two weeks.

Amazingly his wife or son never caught it.

He self isolated at home.

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

A very good mate caught it had a cough went to get checked out was died in to days heartbreaking

"Yes.

Identical to this. Mild symptoms. Fatigue. Hard to breathe and vision is so bad. I had it in March at the beginning of lockdown. Still struggling with bad eyesight and fatigue. But was also made redundant 1st June.

I have also had friends pass away with it and another female friend have 4 different strains some March. (Frontline Covid-19 Worker in Hospital)

Not had it as far as I know, I did a vivid test yesterday, waiting for results. I am using an app to track symptoms for a university study in London. I have been told, through the app several times to self isolate. The symptoms in the beginning could be anything. I did have a bad cold in December lasted for about 4 weeks. Caught it off my mother, it spread from me to my FB then to her family.

I think that COVID has been around for longer than a year, but this is COVID-19 there are 18 other strains to.

I’m hoping I have antibodies so I can give blood for experiments.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

"Not had it as far as I know, I did a vivid test yesterday, waiting for results. I am using an app to track symptoms for a university study in London. I have been told, through the app several times to self isolate. The symptoms in the beginning could be anything. I did have a bad cold in December lasted for about 4 weeks. Caught it off my mother, it spread from me to my FB then to her family.

I think that COVID has been around for longer than a year, but this is COVID-19 there are 18 other strains to.

I’m hoping I have antibodies so I can give blood for experiments. "

There are not 18 other strains. It was called Covid 19 after the year the virus was discovered.

"Not had it as far as I know, I did a vivid test yesterday, waiting for results. I am using an app to track symptoms for a university study in London. I have been told, through the app several times to self isolate. The symptoms in the beginning could be anything. I did have a bad cold in December lasted for about 4 weeks. Caught it off my mother, it spread from me to my FB then to her family.

I’m hoping I have antibodies so I can give blood for experiments. .

There are not 18 other strains. It was called Covid 19 after the year the virus was discovered."

I stand corrected there are 10 other COVID strains, not including animal strains.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Surprising how many people believe all these false conspiracy theories just because they do not know someone who has had the virus!

By *arentsgonebadCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

That wouldn't be wrong though they died of sepsis secondary to covid in other words covid caused the sepsis which resulted it death - so covid on the death certificate is correct

sheffield

Very sorry to hear this X

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

All frontline workers should be paid a decent wage and get some kind of bonus for getting the country through this crisis we all played a part some bigger than others i know but no less important Its not all just about the nhs

staffordshire

" That wouldn't be wrong though they died of sepsis secondary to covid in other words covid caused the sepsis which resulted it death - so covid on the death certificate is correct A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure.

Exactly sepsis isn’t a disease by itself - like respiratory failure or heart failure it’s always due to something- covid being one, bacteria pneumonia being another etc etc

I’ve recently had a positive antibody test, I had symptoms mid February

sheffield

Erm yeah ... Which is what i said ...
" That wouldn't be wrong though they died of sepsis secondary to covid in other words covid caused the sepsis which resulted it death - so covid on the death certificate is correct A friend died. She was 25. The virus caused damage to her lungs, kidneys, liver and spleen and she died from complications due to organ failure.

Exactly sepsis isn’t a disease by itself - like respiratory failure or heart failure it’s always due to something- covid being one, bacteria pneumonia being another etc etc "

south coast

I’m hoping I have antibodies so I can give blood for experiments. "

Thinks there are 19 strains because it called covid "19"

Made my weekend that.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

I’m hoping I have antibodies so I can give blood for experiments.

Thinks there are 19 strains because it called covid "19"

Made my weekend that."

Unbelievable isn't it...Everyone knows there has been 2019 strains...

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

A death certificate has several parts

The first shows what actually killed the person so kidney failure would be 1 a

If Covid was the cause ( seems likely) that would be 1 b

Any other health problem that contributes to death but not directly would be listed a 2

Sepsis is a mode of death caused by the body being overwhelmed by infection which could be Covid

I just hope people planning to break social distancing rules read this thread

I am not 100% sure (she was a friend but not someone I was super close to) I think the official cause of death was kidney failure, but her kidneys were fine prior to her catching Covid. So she didn't actually die *of* the virus, but from the damage that the virus did to her body.

Which is something that isn't really being talked about, that I have seen. "

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

"I had a bad "cold" in January but put it down to overtraining on the bike....but my 3 neighbours have had it...the 2 "kids" (adults at home with mum - 40's) had coughs and temperature...he shouted across the drive to me ....I said...get back inside I don't want it...he was diagnosed by 111 but no test, his sister was worse than him barking away for 2 or 3 weeks, the mother kept on going around for a week..ugh...then felt poorly and got worse in the kids week 2....a friend was dropping food and supplies on their door step....she pinged me a message that she was worried, I rang the lad on his mobile and told him to take me to his mum and tell me her symptoms and how she was.... in 1 minute I told him to ring 999....he did and ambulance came and in 3hrs Mum was on a ventilator for 3 weeks, then 2 weeks on a ward and then 2 more weeks rehab before she came home......only one link between them apart from genetics...was they are all on Blood pressure medication.... it is real...it is just so many of us don't know anyone who have had this virus...those of us who have...are extra cautious"

Well done- sounds like you saved a life there

So far we don’t think BP meds themselves make you vulnerable to Covid ( so if you are prescribed them definitely keep taking them) but the underlying problems that mean you have been prescribed BP meds make you more vulnerable to Covid

A family member in London had and spent 6 weeks in hospital, he's ok now thankfully.

A friend who went to Tenerife last October was ill for 2 months and mentioned the exact symptoms.

A friend of my parents in his 70s with severe health conditions caught it in Spain in March and became ill once home. He spent 5 weeks on a ventilator, and recovered, even the doctors said it was a miracle.

I don't know if I've had it but on the last day of my holiday in February I felt like death, I was exhausted and burning up, struggling to breathe. I got home and was in bed for 4 days. I thought nothing of it at the time as I wasn't in a area of the world to have confirmed any cases yet. But we don't know how early Covid 19 was around in other countries just to it being highly contagious.

By *idewillyMan  over a year ago

jersey

I had it...had test was negative they said it would be because the tests at the beginning were not accurate and because i had it over a week it would not show up positive....But they told me that before the test...anyhow ..i was utterly completely knackered all my muscles in my body bones were aching to bits thought id been ran over with a steam roller i just wanted to sleep that knackered couldnt took me ages to get up stair and painful my throat sore my lungs breath bolloxed then the turrets cough as i call it just comes on out of the blue a nightmare i saw my muscles go week and effected my eyes too but breathing was bad....and i had it a few months to get it out of my system im fine now but it leaves side effects or it can do ..i thought id go for a bike ride to see how it had effected-my lungs and i used to race bikes....and i came back knackered and coughing...So i left it a few days then went on another ride and carried on doing this and it got easier....i also got dissyness afterwards like i was going to faint....thats got easier Though now....but i had pneumonia as Kid so I end up with catching everything they throw at you....i was lucky i probably should of gone to hospital but im a stubborn sod and getting me into a hospital you might need a tank...i try to avoid the places at all costs even though they do great work i was safer at home.....my conclusion is you dont want it ...its a nasty horrible virus .....spread by stupidity and ignorance......theres alot of people who have had it lightly and dont know they have had it ..theres people who tested negative that have or have it...even the new tests are not accurate to 100 percent...but its here to stay...until a vaccine comes out...or it kills itself of or mutates into something else......and it was about before December.....

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I had symptoms.

I have also wondered if this was hanging around earlier last year too.

Like You I was traveling two weeks in Mexico having the time of my life.

Boarded a flight to come home on the Saturday into Sunday halfway during the flight I started to feel unwell shivery and just not knowing what was wrong with me .

Arrived home the Sunday morning feeling really poorly thought to myself if I'm still the same on the Monday morning I'd go to see my gp but come the Monday I couldn't get out of bed I felt so ill .

I slept all day and night and struggled with a high temperature of 41 .

Managed to get an appointment with my gp on the Tuesday who thought I might have a chest infection so put me on an antibiotic.

For the next 3 days still running a temperature of 41 sleeping day and night .

come the Friday I forced myself out of bed and back down to the gp who was then questioning malaria as id been badly bitten while away .

She called our local hospital who told him to send me over to be checked out after 4 hours there I was eventually diagnosed with pneumonia.

Now all this is going on it has made me wonder if it could actually have been covid19 as many drs are now saying people who were diagnosed with pneumonia could have actually been early cases of coronavirus

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Think I’ve had it but not diagnosed.

A colleague returned from Milan on 23rd February. On 1st March me and 4 others at work contracted what we thought was flu! No cough but no appetite and extreme exhaustion, even blinking was painful. Spent 4 days in bed and day 5 I awoke feeling amazing. I’m convinced it was Corona.

A couple of months ago I felt terrible I couldn't even get the horn. Felt like the flue but different. I think it was the virus.

Sussex

For me the tell tail signs were a distinctive cough (that lasted a month in total ) a fever which was far worse than a flu type fever but the inability to get your breath when even talking was a real telling symptom....

Sussex

In all it lasted 2 weeks for me and just over 3 for my other half ....

By *uicyhardCouple  over a year ago

Walderslade

Didnt have any symptoms but had antibody test last week which came back positive.

I had a relative who was dying of cancer

he died recently but his death certificate said coronavirus my family and I are baffled

Sussex

"I had a relative who was dying of cancer

he died recently but his death certificate said coronavirus my family and I are baffled"

Sounds like the virus prematurely brought his terminal condition forward prematurely?

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

There putting all deaths down as covid someone from the government have told them to regardless of how they died ,so in a way its lying and forgery on a death certificate ,ive heard of peoples relitives dying of heart attack and covid put on there death certificate ,it will all come out and there will be a lot of leagel fights going on ..

Eddie large the comedian.

His family had to make a statement the day after he died because the mes was saying he died after contacting covid19.

He had been suffering from heart problems and died of heart failure

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

"There putting all deaths down as covid someone from the government have told them to regardless of how they died ,so in a way its lying and forgery on a death certificate ,ive heard of peoples relitives dying of heart attack and covid put on there death certificate ,it will all come out and there will be a lot of leagel fights going on .."

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it.

"There putting all deaths down as covid someone from the government have told them to regardless of how they died ,so in a way its lying and forgery on a death certificate ,ive heard of peoples relitives dying of heart attack and covid put on there death certificate ,it will all come out and there will be a lot of leagel fights going on .."

No, they aren't. "Someone" from the government has told them to do no such thing. Please do some research on these sort of conspiracy theories before spreading misinformation, it does more harm than you realise.

"There putting all deaths down as covid someone from the government have told them to regardless of how they died ,so in a way its lying and forgery on a death certificate ,ive heard of peoples relitives dying of heart attack and covid put on there death certificate ,it will all come out and there will be a lot of leagel fights going on ..

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it. "

Research on Google there's lots of doctors and health workers coming forward, telling the truth about number's and short cuts. Maybe they are lies but why, booking all care home death's as cv19. No one as died in a care home for 10 weeks without cv19, ask questions.

Yes was diagnosed 5 weeks ago and re tested last week and came back still have signs but told dont worry everyone has it. Totally true.. so I went for a body check which I paid for private and it came back I'm a healthy man xx

"There putting all deaths down as covid someone from the government have told them to regardless of how they died ,so in a way its lying and forgery on a death certificate ,ive heard of peoples relitives dying of heart attack and covid put on there death certificate ,it will all come out and there will be a lot of leagel fights going on ..

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it. Research on Google there's lots of doctors and health workers coming forward, telling the truth about number's and short cuts. Maybe they are lies but why, booking all care home death's as cv19. No one as died in a care home for 10 weeks without cv19, ask questions. "

I have no idea where you got that "information" from, but it's categorically wrong. I personally know someone who died in a care home 3 weeks ago. Death was not Covid related and there is absolutely no mention of it on the death certificate.

Manchester (she/her)

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it. "

Convenient lie so they can deny the seriousness of what's happening

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it. Research on Google there's lots of doctors and health workers coming forward, telling the truth about number's and short cuts. Maybe they are lies but why, booking all care home death's as cv19. No one as died in a care home for 10 weeks without cv19, ask questions.

I have no idea where you got that "information" from, but it's categorically wrong. I personally know someone who died in a care home 3 weeks ago. Death was not Covid related and there is absolutely no mention of it on the death certificate."

Go on twitter and search care home there's hundreds of case's

Why are people still sharing this bilge? It’s just not true. If you have any proof of this, and I really do mean ANY, then please share it. Research on Google there's lots of doctors and health workers coming forward, telling the truth about number's and short cuts. Maybe they are lies but why, booking all care home death's as cv19. No one as died in a care home for 10 weeks without cv19, ask questions.

I have no idea where you got that "information" from, but it's categorically wrong. I personally know someone who died in a care home 3 weeks ago. Death was not Covid related and there is absolutely no mention of it on the death certificate.Go on twitter and search care home there's hundreds of case's "

Yes, that's because there are a lot of people that have had it and died, it is a serious disease and can be quite deadly, especially for those with other health conditions or advanced age. There is also a ton of fake rubbish on twitter. It is completely false that every death is being attributed to Covid. It's equally as daft as the person that was trying to convince me there was only one death for my entire county earlier in total today.

"I had all the symptoms apart from the temperature, i seriously thought I was going to die, I was struggling to breathe, I had no energy its the worst thing I have ever had in my life, my breathing still hasn't fully returned and I often gasp for breath, "

Im the same although i did have the temperature. My chest still hasn't recovered to how it was post march with chest pain/rib ache on a semi daily basis, but i cant complain many more people werent as lucky and that is truly sad.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

I had to travel to Manchester fir work in Feb and went by train. Ten dats later felt like id been kicked by a horse. No appetite, any food gave me heartburn. Uoset tum and aching body.

I will get an antibody test at some point to be sure.

» Add a new message to this topic