FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mandatory Vaccine/Health Passport

Mandatory Vaccine/Health Passport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

An approach trialled in Denmark.

Is the something you would support ? Should those without the vaccine/passport be restricted from shops, pubs, public transport ? Should restrictions include limited freedom of movement, i.e. cross county ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No I wouldn't support this at all. It would lead to a split society.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Interesting question but not a chance of it happening in the UK on human rights grounds. Personally think vaccination should be mandatory as its not just about my own health but everyone I come in contact with.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm assuming you're talking covid-19 vaccination? If so, I would not support it. Actually I'd join the movement against mandatory vaccination as I'm sure there would be one. Nothing worse than jumping on the vaccine that is not proven, not extensively tested, long term side affects not known and even the illness itself is not fully understood yet. New discoveries are coming out almost weekly.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

what vaccine ? there isnt one.

Welcome to covid parties where people purposely get covid so they can get a passport. Worst idea I am afraid, all it does is isolate those who have been lucky not to get the disease and those who have been careful as well.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 08:59:39]

Falkirk

What vaccine.

Is there one readily available to everyone yet?

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"An approach trialled in Denmark.

Is the something you would support ? Should those without the vaccine/passport be restricted from shops, pubs, public transport ? Should restrictions include limited freedom of movement, i.e. cross county ?"

What fully tried and tested Vaccine have they trialled in Denmark?

It is proposed a model like credit scoring may be used, but rather than a rating and subsequent financial score being algorythmically calculated based on your financial, borrowing, penal code and utility history, etc. a "health score" would be created based upon the various medical criteria you may or may not meet, and access to various goods/services could be determined by that rating. So while mandating any vaccine or medical practice might not be feasible, would a health score model be the route to go down ? Higher scores and wider acces for those meeting mhealth criteria, and lower scores and limited access for those who do not meet criteria ?

Is the something you would support ? Should those without the vaccine/passport be restricted from shops, pubs, public transport ? Should restrictions include limited freedom of movement, i.e. cross county ?

What fully tried and tested Vaccine have they trialled in Denmark?"

Mandatory vaccine legislation enacted in Denmark. Reportedly.

"what vaccine ? there isnt one."

The question is, if there were, would you support it being legislated to a mandatory status ?

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Is the something you would support ? Should those without the vaccine/passport be restricted from shops, pubs, public transport ? Should restrictions include limited freedom of movement, i.e. cross county ?"

FFS we went through all this bollocks in the 80s when HIV appeared. Learn from your elders m8 - if you license discrimination it won't be contained, it will spread and before long you'll have to prove you're not obese to buy a greggs pastie.

Just say no. (BTW, Greggs pasties are utterly shit, and should be avoided at all costs, but I'll depend people's right to eat themselves into an early grave if they so wish....)

Falkirk

"It is proposed a model like credit scoring may be used, but rather than a rating and subsequent financial score being algorythmically calculated based on your financial, borrowing, penal code and utility history, etc. a "health score" would be created based upon the various medical criteria you may or may not meet, and access to various goods/services could be determined by that rating. So while mandating any vaccine or medical practice might not be feasible, would a health score model be the route to go down ? Higher scores and wider acces for those meeting mhealth criteria, and lower scores and limited access for those who do not meet criteria ?"

This wouldn't work.

Restrictions to what exactly?

To be honest it sounds a bit elitist and not for the masses.

By *lirty and funMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"I'm assuming you're talking covid-19 vaccination? If so, I would not support it. Actually I'd join the movement against mandatory vaccination as I'm sure there would be one. Nothing worse than jumping on the vaccine that is not proven, not extensively tested, long term side affects not known and even the illness itself is not fully understood yet. New discoveries are coming out almost weekly."

Basically saying...I'm not prepared to take the miniscule risk that a long term effect has not been discovered by expert scientists to protect a large portion of vulnerable people for your own selfish reasons.

Fair enough.

Falkirk

Is the something you would support ? Should those without the vaccine/passport be restricted from shops, pubs, public transport ? Should restrictions include limited freedom of movement, i.e. cross county ?FFS we went through all this bollocks in the 80s when HIV appeared. Learn from your elders m8 - if you license discrimination it won't be contained, it will spread and before long you'll have to prove you're not obese to buy a greggs pastie.

Just say no. (BTW, Greggs pasties are utterly shit, and should be avoided at all costs, but I'll depend people's right to eat themselves into an early grave if they so wish....)"

Pasties yes, Steakbakes are delicious

Cramlington

"I'm assuming you're talking covid-19 vaccination? If so, I would not support it. Actually I'd join the movement against mandatory vaccination as I'm sure there would be one. Nothing worse than jumping on the vaccine that is not proven, not extensively tested, long term side affects not known and even the illness itself is not fully understood yet. New discoveries are coming out almost weekly."
All vaccines are proven and extensively tested - that's how science and medicine work.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

To be honest it sounds a bit elitist and not for the masses."

Exactly. If you are well off and have always paid your bills on time you get preferential access to services ?

Leeds

"All vaccines are proven and extensively tested - that's how science and medicine work."

I know it is not a vaccine but what about Thalidomide ?

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 10:20:34]

"I'm assuming you're talking covid-19 vaccination? If so, I would not support it. Actually I'd join the movement against mandatory vaccination as I'm sure there would be one. Nothing worse than jumping on the vaccine that is not proven, not extensively tested, long term side affects not known and even the illness itself is not fully understood yet. New discoveries are coming out almost weekly.

Basically saying...I'm not prepared to take the miniscule risk that a long term effect has not been discovered by expert scientists to protect a large portion of vulnerable people for your own selfish reasons.

Fair enough. "

Can you prove I don't have natural immunity to it and therefore don't need a vaccine?

And how can you say "miniscule" if you don't know about it yet? It could be life changing if not worse. Do you remember the drug pregnant women took to ease off morning thickness? Did they know what side affects it was going to cause? How many lives were destroyed? But yeah, if there's is a whisper of a vaccine - blindly jump on it so not to be "selfish".

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"It is proposed a model like credit scoring may be used, but rather than a rating and subsequent financial score being algorythmically calculated based on your financial, borrowing, penal code and utility history, etc. a "health score" would be created based upon the various medical criteria you may or may not meet, and access to various goods/services could be determined by that rating. So while mandating any vaccine or medical practice might not be feasible, would a health score model be the route to go down ? Higher scores and wider acces for those meeting mhealth criteria, and lower scores and limited access for those who do not meet criteria ?"

Absolutely not. Where would it stop? "Sorry mate you can't go on that holiday, it's for dark haired people only".do we then go down the genetic modification route to engineer babies that only have certain characteristics?

I know I'm being tongue in cheek here but if you go down this route it's basically discrimination and won't be accepted by society.

"what vaccine ? there isnt one."
true, vaccine is snake oil and media hype

"It is proposed a model like credit scoring may be used, but rather than a rating and subsequent financial score being algorythmically calculated based on your financial, borrowing, penal code and utility history, etc. a "health score" would be created based upon the various medical criteria you may or may not meet, and access to various goods/services could be determined by that rating. So while mandating any vaccine or medical practice might not be feasible, would a health score model be the route to go down ? Higher scores and wider acces for those meeting mhealth criteria, and lower scores and limited access for those who do not meet criteria ?

Absolutely not. Where would it stop? "Sorry mate you can't go on that holiday, it's for dark haired people only".do we then go down the genetic modification route to engineer babies that only have certain characteristics?

I know I'm being tongue in cheek here but if you go down this route it's basically discrimination and won't be accepted by society."

Could it be a question of, what will it take to create the acceptance of something like this by wider society ? Or at least create a perception of its requirement to push a move like this through ? What would such a move entail ?

Cramlington

"All vaccines are proven and extensively tested - that's how science and medicine work.

I know it is not a vaccine but what about Thalidomide ?"

Sixty years ago, and guess what? That's why scientific and medical practice has improved. (oh, and by the way, people knew that thalidomide was dangerous - it wasn;t that the tetsing process failed - corrupt drugs companies ignored the evidence to make some money...)

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'm actually in favour of vaccine passes by what ever name.

My children have little yellow booklets with all their vaccination details in and it's very handy

My eldest was not born here in England and she was given one before she started her immunisations. I've had it updated, even here in England, since and now if we ever have a question, I grab the book and can quickly see date she had xy or z

I purchased additional ones as I had my other children and I have them all in my fire proof box, with birth certificates and important bits.

It could be very useful to them when they are older, for example I had yellow fever jab as a kid but my parents didn't keep proof it would be useful if I had that document or proof of the jab. My children will have those details available to them

" corrupt drugs companies ignored the evidence to make some money..."

And that will never happen again... As if.

Falkirk

"It is proposed a model like credit scoring may be used, but rather than a rating and subsequent financial score being algorythmically calculated based on your financial, borrowing, penal code and utility history, etc. a "health score" would be created based upon the various medical criteria you may or may not meet, and access to various goods/services could be determined by that rating. So while mandating any vaccine or medical practice might not be feasible, would a health score model be the route to go down ? Higher scores and wider acces for those meeting mhealth criteria, and lower scores and limited access for those who do not meet criteria ?

I know I'm being tongue in cheek here but if you go down this route it's basically discrimination and won't be accepted by society.

Could it be a question of, what will it take to create the acceptance of something like this by wider society ? Or at least create a perception of its requirement to push a move like this through ? What would such a move entail ?"

It won't and probably will never get off the blocks.

A wider society is the inclusion of everyone not the exclusion of those that cannot afford the privileges.

Leeds

"

Sixty years ago, and guess what? That's why scientific and medical practice has improved. "

What about the recent vaginal mesh scandal ?

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Sounds on like Les Miserables where he has to carry his prison papers for the rest of his life.

It’s. NAH from me

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I don't believe a vaccine should be mandatory, but a health passport would help to keep the vulnerable safe. It gives people the choice of who they meet.

Leeds

" a health passport would help to keep the vulnerable safe. "

What would my passport say ? She has never had it to her knowledge and hasn't been tested. How would that safeguard vulnerable people ?

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"No I wouldn't support this at all. It would lead to a split society. "

Totally agree

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Am definitely pro vaccine and think everyone that can have a vaccine should have one, but am against mandatory vaccines. I am also against all the guff about bill gates, five g, pretending covid is just flu, covid doesn't kill or maim anyone but i believe people should be allowed to say these things if they want.

ribble valley

" a health passport would help to keep the vulnerable safe.

What would my passport say ? She has never had it to her knowledge and hasn't been tested. How would that safeguard vulnerable people ?"

Easy, it gives an informed choice, say, if I was meeting a new person on fab, I could ask, then with the info supplied, I could make a decision to safeguard myself or not

Cramlington

" corrupt drugs companies ignored the evidence to make some money...

And that will never happen again... As if."

I realise you;re compeltely immune to persuasion and evidence. Off you go spreading your anti-vaccine propaganda- it's a free country, and so long as you own the consequences of your views, that' your right.

Cramlington

"

Sixty years ago, and guess what? That's why scientific and medical practice has improved.

What about the recent vaginal mesh scandal ?"

You're right, vaginal mesh was and is a scandal. Guess what? The medical system exposed it. The 2016 Cochrane review highlighted the poor outcomes of vaginal mesh, and highlighted that it had been introduced without randomized trials - a weakness in the system around medical devices and prosthetics as compared to drugs. The Cohrane review of course only collected data going back to before 2010 of medical authorities warning against the problems of vaginal mesh. We probably need better mechanisms for testing device and prosthetics - but a problem with tem doesn;t undermine the general system for testing drugs and vaccines - you're trying to compare apples and pears.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I wouldn't support it

Leeds

"

you're trying to compare apples and pears."

They are both orchard fruit.

ribble valley

I think biometric/health passports will go ahead. Whether mandatory or not. They are needed for a host of diseases. Covid isn't the last pandemic we will face. Just imagine, if they were to be used on aircraft, to protect other passengers. Also people who can prove they are vaccinated don't have to quarantine and help keep the economy afloat.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

why do you need a vaccine , according to the experts bleach any bleach kills it

ribble valley

"why do you need a vaccine , according to the experts bleach any bleach kills it "

Have you tried drinking bleach? I agree it probably does kill it!

ribble valley

"why do you need a vaccine , according to the experts bleach any bleach kills it

Have you tried drinking bleach? I agree it probably does kill it! "

Please don't drink bleach, it was a joke comment

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Again no. Where's the equality and freedom in that? Sounds like some kind of dystopia future.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Sounds on like Les Miserables where he has to carry his prison papers for the rest of his life.

It’s. NAH from me "

And yet people are happy to carry a mobile phone and a credit card everywhere they go....

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I know I'm being tongue in cheek here but if you go down this route it's basically discrimination and won't be accepted by society."

ribble valley

Again no. Where's the equality and freedom in that? Sounds like some kind of dystopia future. "

Sounds like a good idea. Equality and freedom means everybody, not just anti vaxxers. They must have an option to receive one.

Cramlington

"

you're trying to compare apples and pears.

They are both orchard fruit. "

This is either a really silly remark, or a really sophisticated philosophical joke about the fact that apples and pears are within a category (like drugs and vaccines) but prosthetics (like vaginal mesh) are in an entirely different category.

I suspect the former, hope it's the latter but don't really give a shit either way since it does make the point rather well that reciting a failing in the process for approving a prosthetic isn't really germane to a debate about vaccines.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Could it be a question of, what will it take to create the acceptance of something like this by wider society ? Or at least create a perception of its requirement to push a move like this through ? What would such a move entail ?

A wider society is the inclusion of everyone not the exclusion of those that cannot afford the privileges."

Isn't that the point....a mandatory vaccine would include everybody.

Falkirk

It’s. NAH from me

And yet people are happy to carry a mobile phone and a credit card everywhere they go...."

The underprivileged and homeless don't have credit cards.

I suppose they don't matter?

And that will never happen again... As if.I realise you;re compeltely immune to persuasion and evidence. Off you go spreading your anti-vaccine propaganda- it's a free country, and so long as you own the consequences of your views, that' your right."

I never said anti-vaccine, I said anti MANDATORY vaccine. But hey, why not go slamming others down when their opinion doesn't match yours with your "know it all and I'm right" attitude, when you're unable to read a simple post.

"I wouldn't support it"

Nor me

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Couldn't have stated it better

Tin town

It’s. NAH from me

And yet people are happy to carry a mobile phone and a credit card everywhere they go....

The underprivileged and homeless don't have credit cards.

I suppose they don't matter?"

My point is that there may be valid arguments for not having a health passport. But not wishing to "carry one" is not a particularly strong argument. I have no idea what percentage of the population are homeless but I'd imagine it is quite a small percentage. And nor am I suggesting if you're homeless you don't matter. Let's use pareto and start addressing the 80 per cent, if we wait until 100 per cent of people accept something.. It will never happen.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Sorry to burst your bubble but a friend who works is a hospital in Copenhagen says theres no such thing, more bullshit

ribble valley

Sorry to burst your bubble but a friend who works is a hospital in Copenhagen says theres no such thing, more bullshit"

Your friend in a foreign hospital is poorly informed. These are being trialed and studies being run in many countries, including the UK.

the wetlands

Sorry to burst your bubble but a friend who works is a hospital in Copenhagen says theres no such thing, more bullshit

Your friend in a foreign hospital is poorly informed. These are being trialed and studies being run in many countries, including the UK. "

Of course vaccines are being trialled but they will not be compulsory in Denmark. That's the bullshit.

ribble valley

Your friend in a foreign hospital is poorly informed. These are being trialed and studies being run in many countries, including the UK.

Of course vaccines are being trialled but they will not be compulsory in Denmark. That's the bullshit."

Who's said they would be? It's an EU decision not Denmarks. I presume your "pal in the hospital" has looked at what they're doing about biometric /health passports in private companies in Denmark too

the wetlands

Who's said they would be? "

Did you read the title of the thread before you replied

ribble valley

Of course vaccines are being trialled but they will not be compulsory in Denmark. That's the bullshit.

Who's said they would be? It's an EU decision not Denmarks. I presume your "pal in the hospital" has looked at what they're doing about biometric /health passports in private companies in Denmark too "

ribble valley

Who's said they would be? It's an EU decision not Denmarks. I presume your "pal in the hospital" has looked at what they're doing about biometric /health passports in private companies in Denmark too "

ribble valley

Yep, read the top questions." Should those without a passport be restricted"?

By *ierre1Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

"what vaccine ? there isnt one.true, vaccine is snake oil and media hype"

Says the person that puts that crap on their profile "fabswingers is a publicly traded company, don't infringe my rights blah blah blah"

Anti Vaccine types are truly dangerous conspiracy theorists

ribble valley

"what vaccine ? there isnt one.true, vaccine is snake oil and media hype

Says the person that puts that crap on their profile "fabswingers is a publicly traded company, don't infringe my rights blah blah blah"

Anti Vaccine types are truly dangerous conspiracy theorists"

Hahaha, I'm on a trial pal,

I am for it, although there may be some people who can't have it because of other health issues, but for everyone else i think it should be mandatory, we need herd immunity to protect people who can't have it.

Sadly i doubt it will be mandatory.

By *ierre1Man  over a year ago

Hinckley

"what vaccine ? there isnt one.true, vaccine is snake oil and media hype

I was referring to the person that made the statement and good on ya

Anti Vaccine types are truly dangerous conspiracy theorists

Hahaha, I'm on a trial pal, "

the wetlands

Who's said they would be? It's an EU decision not Denmarks. I presume your "pal in the hospital" has looked at what they're doing about biometric /health passports in private companies in Denmark too

Yep, read the top questions." Should those without a passport be restricted"? "

The thread is titled

"Mandatory Vaccine/Health Passport"

Next line

"An approach trialled in Denmark"

It's not being trialled in Denmark.

Vaccines are being trialled in Denmark.

There is no vaccine available and when and if there is, there is currently no trial in Denmark to make it compulsory as stated in the thread topic.

Its bullshit but feel free to fill your boots with it

ribble valley

The thread is titled

Next line

There is no vaccine available and when and if there is, there is currently no trial in Denmark to make it compulsory as stated in the thread topic.

Its bullshit but feel free to fill your boots with it "

All cause your "mate in a hospital" told you. How does he know what private companies are doing? Is he psychic?

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 13:31:41]

the wetlands

The thread is titled

Next line

All cause your "mate in a hospital" told you. How does he know what private companies are doing? Is he psychic? "

Did I say he ? See, your reading stuff thats not there instead of concentrating on what's actually written lol

How can a private company introduce mandatory vaccinations

Maybe you were out last night and need a few more days to regain your senses .... Or maybe not but your either cryptic beyond my means or ...

Maybe we can continue later in the week when youve had time to read it again and focus on the topic lol

Cambridge

A immunity passport is a silly idea until there are no efficase vaccines. When available, it should be primarily available to key workers and people at risk. To date, there is insufficient evidence for long lasting immunity as antibodies might not be enough to recover from the infection. A Tcell mediated immune response mightbe needed. Just stay safe. Think NHS and behave to protect people at risk.

ribble valley

The thread is titled

Next line

All cause your "mate in a hospital" told you. How does he know what private companies are doing? Is he psychic?

Did I say he ? See, your reading stuff thats not there instead of concentrating on what's actually written lol

Maybe you were out last night and need a few more days to regain your senses .... Or maybe not but your either cryptic beyond my means or ...

Maybe we can continue later in the week when youve had time to read it again and focus on the topic lol

"

Or maybe, you can answer the question? How does your mate know, what's his position, that may help

ribble valley

The thread is titled

Next line

Or maybe, you can answer the question? How does your mate know, what's his position, that may help "

btw, companies in biotec are looking at how this can work, but it's up to governments to introduce new laws, to make anything mandatory. I personally think they shouldn't be.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

And that will never happen again... As if.I realise you;re compeltely immune to persuasion and evidence. Off you go spreading your anti-vaccine propaganda- it's a free country, and so long as you own the consequences of your views, that' your right.

I never said anti-vaccine, I said anti MANDATORY vaccine. But hey, why not go slamming others down when their opinion doesn't match yours with your "know it all and I'm right" attitude, when you're unable to read a simple post. "

Well said. I'm not anti vax, just pro choice. There's a massive difference. Clearly done can't see this as they refuse to accept other points of view that differ from their own.

ribble valley

The thread is titled

Next line

Or maybe, you can answer the question? How does your mate know, what's his position, that may help btw, companies in biotec are looking at how this can work, but it's up to governments to introduce new laws, to make anything mandatory. I personally think they shouldn't be. "

Oh, and reading stuff that isn't there. Mates can be male, female or trans. That's your bad.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

A wider society is the inclusion of everyone not the exclusion of those that cannot afford the privileges.

Isn't that the point....a mandatory vaccine would include everybody."

And should also include those who choose not to have it.

So your “health score” couldn’t possibly be related to income/deprivation/ genetics or anything like that?

It’s possibly one of the most dangerous ideas I’ve had the misfortune to come across - would we all have to wear badges stating that we were “unclean” or produce evidence of our health status before we are allowed to shop / go to work/ do anything?

I’m all in favour of vaccination (assuming we can find one) but what you’re suggesting is divisive and dangerous.

Cambridge

"So your “health score” couldn’t possibly be related to income/deprivation/ genetics or anything like that?

It’s possibly one of the most dangerous ideas I’ve had the misfortune to come across - would we all have to wear badges stating that we were “unclean” or produce evidence of our health status before we are allowed to shop / go to work/ do anything?

I’m all in favour of vaccination (assuming we can find one) but what you’re suggesting is divisive and dangerous. "

the wetlands

The thread is titled

Next line

Or maybe, you can answer the question? How does your mate know, what's his position, that may help "

You're still incapable of reading lol

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"So your “health score” couldn’t possibly be related to income/deprivation/ genetics or anything like that?

I’m all in favour of vaccination (assuming we can find one) but what you’re suggesting is divisive and dangerous. "

I totally agree with you on this. It would completely split society. The consequences of this could be horrific.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I am pro-vaccines but also pro-choice. I am certainly against medical procedures being forced upon people for political purposes. But there are also some very difficult moral and ethical questions tied up with this.

Let's leave aside the specifics of coronavirus and instead consider a hypothetical disease, let's call it halo-bacterium. This is a new disease that seems to have originated in a fish market in Swindon, but has very rapidly spread to infect many people in the town. There seems to be little effective treatment and those infected can pass it on by touch even if they are not showing symptoms themselves. Strangely people over the age of 45 mostly get better although a few may get an unsightly skin rash, and a very few who were already sick might die. However in the age range 25 to 44, up to one in five get severe skin lesions needing extensive hospital care, and about two in a hundred die in agony as their entire skin rots away. Younger people rarely get sick but do seem to be able to carry the disease.

The disease is soon spreading across the country and the only way found to slow it down is to temporarily ban long distance travel and tell people to stay at home. If they must go out, it is recommended that they wear rubber gloves.

Many older people are soon demanding their right to go shopping for fish, after all they are in no danger if they catch halo-bacterium, the 25-40 year olds are the ones that should isolate themselves indefinitely. Older people also mainly refuse to wear the rubber gloves because they think it looks stupid and it makes their hands sweaty.

Eventually a treatment is found that is 95% sure to protect people against catching halo-bacterium. It is clinically tested and shown that fewer than one in a million older people will get any harmful side effects from the treatment, far fewer than the number of older people who get bad after effects from halo-bacterium itself. Unfortunately, those in the main danger group, 25-40 year olds, are far more prone to side effects from the treatment, and much less likely to gain an immunity to the disease.

So: Should it be completely voluntary for the older people to take the treatment? Should older people be allowed to enter spaces where the danger group work, if they refuse to take the treatment? Can a town with a very low incidence of halo-bacterium insist that visitors from high risk towns show proof that they have either taken the preventative treatment or are otherwise certified to be disease free? Should the older people have any constraints laid on their behaviour in order to protect the younger people?

I don't know the answers. It's all shades of grey. Does the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? Are there absolute rights of the individual that can never be abrogated even if that can endanger thousands? Is it ever right for governments to place obligations on the people for the safety of themselves and others? Can pink rubber gloves ever be a happy fashion statement?

Consider. Discuss. Imagine yourself a member of the safe group. Imagine yourself a member of the danger group. Imagine yourself with loved ones in the opposite group to yourself. What if you only have responsibility for your own actions. What if as an employer or an elected leader, you carry responsibility for others?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Polly Chromatic has a very good point as employers have a duty of care towards their staff. Could they choose not to employ an unvaccinated candidate on the basis that they are protecting their workforce?

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Do you have peer reviewed scientific proof that all vaccines are extensively tested ? Or that vaccines are 100% safe ?

Pandemrix was rushed out by GSK after the swine flu not many years ago, it was withdrawn not long after, due to safety concerns. And very high instances of narcolepsy, also GSK admitted hiding safety concerns, Please feel free to google it.

Ps, there is a vaccine injury claim section on gov.uk website too.

And the American government pay out around $4 billion annually for vaccine injury claims

Please do your own research before taking any vaccine, and make an informed choice.

Cramlington

"I am pro-vaccines but also pro-choice. I am certainly against medical procedures being forced upon people for political purposes. But there are also some very difficult moral and ethical questions tied up with this.

Let's leave aside the specifics of coronavirus and instead consider a hypothetical disease, let's call it halo-bacterium. This is a new disease that seems to have originated in a fish market in Swindon, but has very rapidly spread to infect many people in the town. There seems to be little effective treatment and those infected can pass it on by touch even if they are not showing symptoms themselves. Strangely people over the age of 45 mostly get better although a few may get an unsightly skin rash, and a very few who were already sick might die. However in the age range 25 to 44, up to one in five get severe skin lesions needing extensive hospital care, and about two in a hundred die in agony as their entire skin rots away. Younger people rarely get sick but do seem to be able to carry the disease.

The disease is soon spreading across the country and the only way found to slow it down is to temporarily ban long distance travel and tell people to stay at home. If they must go out, it is recommended that they wear rubber gloves.

Many older people are soon demanding their right to go shopping for fish, after all they are in no danger if they catch halo-bacterium, the 25-40 year olds are the ones that should isolate themselves indefinitely. Older people also mainly refuse to wear the rubber gloves because they think it looks stupid and it makes their hands sweaty.

Eventually a treatment is found that is 95% sure to protect people against catching halo-bacterium. It is clinically tested and shown that fewer than one in a million older people will get any harmful side effects from the treatment, far fewer than the number of older people who get bad after effects from halo-bacterium itself. Unfortunately, those in the main danger group, 25-40 year olds, are far more prone to side effects from the treatment, and much less likely to gain an immunity to the disease.

So: Should it be completely voluntary for the older people to take the treatment? Should older people be allowed to enter spaces where the danger group work, if they refuse to take the treatment? Can a town with a very low incidence of halo-bacterium insist that visitors from high risk towns show proof that they have either taken the preventative treatment or are otherwise certified to be disease free? Should the older people have any constraints laid on their behaviour in order to protect the younger people?

I don't know the answers. It's all shades of grey. Does the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few? Are there absolute rights of the individual that can never be abrogated even if that can endanger thousands? Is it ever right for governments to place obligations on the people for the safety of themselves and others? Can pink rubber gloves ever be a happy fashion statement?

Consider. Discuss. Imagine yourself a member of the safe group. Imagine yourself a member of the danger group. Imagine yourself with loved ones in the opposite group to yourself. What if you only have responsibility for your own actions. What if as an employer or an elected leader, you carry responsibility for others?"

I stopped reading at the sentence about vaccines being forced on people for political purposes. Noone is suggesting that.

Cramlington

"Do you have peer reviewed scientific proof that all vaccines are extensively tested ? Or that vaccines are 100% safe ?

Pandemrix was rushed out by GSK after the swine flu not many years ago, it was withdrawn not long after, due to safety concerns. And very high instances of narcolepsy, also GSK admitted hiding safety concerns, Please feel free to google it.

Ps, there is a vaccine injury claim section on gov.uk website too.

And the American government pay out around $4 billion annually for vaccine injury claims

Please do your own research before taking any vaccine, and make an informed choice. "

I've read the pandemrix stuff - your account of it is typical of the internet conspiracists. Have a nice night in your tinfoil hat.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Do you have a source for this?

no way would I support something that would see my children live in an world where we are all controlled by whoever has instigated this plandemic

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

no way would I support something that would see my children live in an world where we are all controlled by whoever has instigated this plandemic "

Plandemic sounds like the correct word, certainly in the UK.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

without knowing how long the antibodies last how useful is it really?

i think i read there was a first study that the milder the form of covid you had... the shorter the time you had the antibodies......

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

It’s. NAH from me

And yet people are happy to carry a mobile phone and a credit card everywhere they go...."

I don't carry my phone or credit card when I go out.

nottingham

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 21:20:46]

nottingham

Isn’t it funny how sheep always resort to insults when they can’t back up there ridiculous claims with science,

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Bio metric passports are already a thing.

In Ireland if you go through the quick exits the camera records your face & retinas.

Canada now you need a visa & consent to having your boundaries taken to enter the country unless your a citizen.

Wouldn't be long before medical records are linked up too under the reason "covid-19"

Vaccines have not been trialed for long enough to be considered safe, it's usually 10yrs to pass a new drug. In addition to that we're now learning about long term effects of covid-19 on the brain & other areas so that needs to be accounted for & we can't cos we don't have enough evidence yet.

On another note 2 people in Mongolia died from bumonic plague after eating a marmate and 100 elephants just dropped dead.

If there was a vaccine against all sti’s and all HIV’s would you insist your playmates had it before sex, the answer is there isn’t one, but you still take the chance. Wherever there is a chance of bodily liquid being transferred (even a kiss) you can pass things on. Covid is the same. A vaccine will also mean you can’t catch it. So I will get it done. As for a vaccine passport, someone has one, are you more likely to play with them than someone who hasn’t?

i have no objection in theory to the health passport if its what is needed to keep people safe (i kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school) but the vaccine would need to have free global access otherwise people without health insurance would be at a disadvantage

i also have no objection in theory to a vaccine , but disagree with people that suggest it will be known to be safe once its available... its being rushed through and it will be known to be immediately safe, but given its a new disease and a new vaccine we won’t physically have had the time to monitor long term side effects if any if it gets released even in the next year or so

time will tell if we repeatedly come in and out of waves of infection if it will be worth taking the risk of the unknown to get back to some sort of normality

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"If there was a vaccine against all sti’s and all HIV’s would you insist your playmates had it before sex, the answer is there isn’t one, but you still take the chance. Wherever there is a chance of bodily liquid being transferred (even a kiss) you can pass things on. Covid is the same. A vaccine will also mean you can’t catch it. So I will get it done. As for a vaccine passport, someone has one, are you more likely to play with them than someone who hasn’t?"

On your last point...yes.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Wow...based on the comments alot of people chose the matrix red pill

Let's put somethings into context regarding Denmark. They have taken a hard line internal protectionist policy right from the start. And this idea is in line with that.

They also have a population size 13 times smaller than the uk. Managing 5 Million people is considerably easier than 66 million

Its been said a million times on here buts let's repeat it again... What works for one country may not not work for another.

The virus is a global pandemic and requires a global response with uniquly specific policies for each country.

So Greece model should look different to Denmark which should look different to the UK.

But a consistent and combined approach is required by all nations to curb the virus.

This where the global effort is falling down.

"Wow...based on the comments alot of people chose the matrix red pill

Let's put somethings into context regarding Denmark. They have taken a hard line internal protectionist policy right from the start. And this idea is in line with that.

They also have a population size 13 times smaller than the uk. Managing 5 Million people is considerably easier than 66 million

Its been said a million times on here buts let's repeat it again... What works for one country may not not work for another.

The virus is a global pandemic and requires a global response with uniquly specific policies for each country.

So Greece model should look different to Denmark which should look different to the UK.

But a consistent and combined approach is required by all nations to curb the virus.

This where the global effort is falling down. "

ribble valley

I think people need to think about the benefits of health passports. People across the world are already using positive antibody tests as proof of their safety. But they won't be mandatory. It's choice, just like holding a passport today. No passport =no travel

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"i have no objection in theory to the health passport if its what is needed to keep people safe (i kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school) but the vaccine would need to have free global access otherwise people without health insurance would be at a disadvantage

i also have no objection in theory to a vaccine , but disagree with people that suggest it will be known to be safe once its available... its being rushed through and it will be known to be immediately safe, but given its a new disease and a new vaccine we won’t physically have had the time to monitor long term side effects if any if it gets released even in the next year or so

time will tell if we repeatedly come in and out of waves of infection if it will be worth taking the risk of the unknown to get back to some sort of normality "

"kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school)" What a ridiculous statement to make. So the kids who can't have vaccines for medical reasons rather than their parents making informed choices should be uneducated? Both of which, in my opinion are both valid reasons for not being vaccinated. Its called choice. Which fortunately we still currently have.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm not generally in favour of restrictions on personal liberty but think that it's important to pause judgement right now, to wait until we have more information on the virus, immunity, caccines etc. We'll be facing a different future at that point and can decide then. Generally, provision of medical treatment is a priority, to sustain health benefits and life.

There is too much unknown at present to make sweeping decisions that affect us all, with many that don't have to be taken today.

ribble valley

"i have no objection in theory to the health passport if its what is needed to keep people safe (i kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school) but the vaccine would need to have free global access otherwise people without health insurance would be at a disadvantage

time will tell if we repeatedly come in and out of waves of infection if it will be worth taking the risk of the unknown to get back to some sort of normality

"kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school)" What a ridiculous statement to make. So the kids who can't have vaccines for medical reasons rather than their parents making informed choices should be uneducated? Both of which, in my opinion are both valid reasons for not being vaccinated. Its called choice. Which fortunately we still currently have. "

How about separate schools for the anti vaxxers kids to reduce the risk to others?

"kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school)" What a ridiculous statement to make. So the kids who can't have vaccines for medical reasons rather than their parents making informed choices should be uneducated? Both of which, in my opinion are both valid reasons for not being vaccinated. Its called choice. Which fortunately we still currently have. "

health reasons are entirely different from a parents “i saw this you tube video” decision

yes they have choice , more than welcome to it, but their choice to increase their risk should not them be forced upon the rest of their peers

Big brother guys first phase theve never had a corrona cure funny its comming now

the wetlands

"Big brother guys first phase theve never had a corrona cure funny its comming now"

What a ridiculous statement

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Polly Chromatic has a very good point as employers have a duty of care towards their staff. Could they choose not to employ an unvaccinated candidate on the basis that they are protecting their workforce?"

well unless the goverment are gona pay the ones who dont have it no they couldnt do that.disvrimination laws and all that.im not anti-vax but wont be rushing to the front of the line to get it if they ever come up with one.will give it a year or two to see ehhat if any the side efgects might be then id make a desicion.if work dont want me back till then welll im sure there are laws i can use to make them take me back

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"kind of agree with people that think even before covid that unvaccinated kids should be excluded from mainstream school)" What a ridiculous statement to make. So the kids who can't have vaccines for medical reasons rather than their parents making informed choices should be uneducated? Both of which, in my opinion are both valid reasons for not being vaccinated. Its called choice. Which fortunately we still currently have.

How about separate schools for the anti vaxxers kids to reduce the risk to others? "

I and many others aren't anti vaxxers, just pro choice. Clearly you are in favour or some kind of divided society. Enjoy your dystopian world.

This already exists in China and it doesn’t seem to work very well

ribble valley

How about separate schools for the anti vaxxers kids to reduce the risk to others?

I and many others aren't anti vaxxers, just pro choice. Clearly you are in favour or some kind of divided society. Enjoy your dystopian world. "

I'm pro choice too. I choose not to be infected, is that a dystopia world. I choose people to be protected in work/school. You're choice ends where the next persons begin.

I and many others aren't anti vaxxers, just pro choice. Clearly you are in favour or some kind of divided society. Enjoy your dystopian world. "

I'm not an anti vaxxer (had child vaccinations)

But I am anti stupidity

You'd have to be crazy to take this coronavirus vaccination.

A safe vaccine takes many years to be developed and tested properly, not some fast tracked rubbish that's been knocked out in a few months with pharma companies being immune from prosecution for any injuries and deaths.

By *ohnnyB82Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

what people AREN'T waking up to is that there is a recognized treatment for the Kung Flu/Wuhan Virus/Covid-19/Rona and its a prescribed course of hydroxychloroquine with zinc

"what people AREN'T waking up to is that there is a recognized treatment for the Kung Flu/Wuhan Virus/Covid-19/Rona and its a prescribed course of hydroxychloroquine with zinc"

Yes it's a successful drug that has been around for over 50 years.

However it is very cheap so gets downplayed as there's not much profit in it.

Other more expensive drugs get pushed instead, it's always about money and profits.

"what people AREN'T waking up to is that there is a recognized treatment for the Kung Flu/Wuhan Virus/Covid-19/Rona and its a prescribed course of hydroxychloroquine with zinc"

It’s been proven not to work in multiple studies now. In fact, it increases your chance of death

I and many others aren't anti vaxxers, just pro choice. Clearly you are in favour or some kind of divided society. Enjoy your dystopian world.

But I am anti stupidity

A safe vaccine takes many years to be developed and tested properly, not some fast tracked rubbish that's been knocked out in a few months with pharma companies being immune from prosecution for any injuries and deaths."

The oxford vaccine has been being worked on for years. That’s why it’s able to go into human trials already. Luckily they were already working on something for a different coronavirus and simply repurposed and tweaked it a little. It has already passed all safety tests. Now we just need to wait for efficacy results - fingers crossed it prevents pneumonia and cykotine storms (which is what it aims to do, rather than preventing mild illness)

It’s natural to be cautious - some deeper reading and understanding might help put your worries at ease.

To beat a virus like covid-19 antibodie type won't work, so using a DNA altering drug. It works fine but not sure of long term effects, 10 to 20 years so go for it let us know how you get on.

"To beat a virus like covid-19 antibodie type won't work, so using a DNA altering drug. It works fine but not sure of long term effects, 10 to 20 years so go for it let us know how you get on. "

What are you basing this on?

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

If there had been internet at the time then I dare say the same conversations would have been had about Measles, Mumps, Rubella and TB as well.

I'm no immunology expert (in real life or in the land of Google) but it does seem that unimmunised individuals cause risk to everyone else.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

But I am anti stupidity

A safe vaccine takes many years to be developed and tested properly, not some fast tracked rubbish that's been knocked out in a few months with pharma companies being immune from prosecution for any injuries and deaths."

Central

Taking your decisions at the point that you have to and can take then is intelligent. Taking them based on ignorance is just silly. We have no vaccine. Immunisations have been required through history to gain access to some travel options and also may be required to have valid travel insurance.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

This was found not to work

Central

"To beat a virus like covid-19 antibodie type won't work, so using a DNA altering drug. It works fine but not sure of long term effects, 10 to 20 years so go for it let us know how you get on. "

Have you got 1 of these under development, or could you share the details of the credible literature that supports your assertion? As you'll know, from your research background, credible literature is all.

the wetlands

"To beat a virus like covid-19 antibodie type won't work, so using a DNA altering drug. It works fine but not sure of long term effects, 10 to 20 years so go for it let us know how you get on.

Have you got 1 of these under development, or could you share the details of the credible literature that supports your assertion? As you'll know, from your research background, credible literature is all. "

There's plenty of research going on and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a way but they're not allowed to test in humans. Google genetic engineering

nottingham

If your vaccinated, and for arguments sake the vaccine works, what have you got to fear from an unvaccinated person ?

the wetlands

"If your vaccinated, and for arguments sake the vaccine works, what have you got to fear from an unvaccinated person ? "

They could be taking up a place in ICU if you or one of your family happen to need one

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No that is communism

nottingham

[Removed by poster at 09/07/20 22:51:44]

nottingham

And why would they be in an ICU ?

Central

[Removed by poster at 09/07/20 23:17:30]

the wetlands

"And why would they be in an ICU ? "

COULD !!!!

not would

Central

We have had to adhere to imposed conditions over the last few months so, in some respects, other restrictions to protect national health and wellbeing, follows a similar process.

People have been unable to access countries before, where they have not had vaccinations, so there's form for this. A person would take a medical certificate as their proof of compliance, when places have imposed restrictions before.

I'm uneasy imposing treatments against peoples' wishes and I'd hope that solutions will be found that keep people safe individually and en masse.

nottingham

it’s nice to know that your concerned That my family and I COULD end up in ICU

But what do you have to fear from us, if you are vaccinated and we are not vaccinated ?

the wetlands

"it’s nice to know that your concerned That my family and I COULD end up in ICU

But what do you have to fear from us, if you are vaccinated and we are not vaccinated ? "

Hmmm let it sink in for a while

"what vaccine ? there isnt one.

The question is, if there were, would you support it being legislated to a mandatory status ?"

No way!!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"Interesting question but not a chance of it happening in the UK on human rights grounds. Personally think vaccination should be mandatory as its not just about my own health but everyone I come in contact with."

That’s not true , you’re already refused entry into many countries without a yellow card. Human rights done before public heath as we’ve seen in Leicester the gov has power to easily remove rights to protect the wider population

By *aige CoolTV/TS  over a year ago

north west

It will definitely happen. We have vaccine as children and this will be just another one ..

All vaccines have to be tested, the BMA requires a 5 year's full age and gender trail. If anyone wants to inject an untested pathogen into them or their children, go for it.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

But what do you have to fear from us, if you are vaccinated and we are not vaccinated ? "

Surely nothing if they are vaccinated?! Did I get that right?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"what vaccine ? there isnt one.

The question is, if there were, would you support it being legislated to a mandatory status ?

No way!! "

Me either.

Cambridge

There is no vaccine nor a long lasting immunity. Not sure what it is the benefit. Is it a Mr Trump 's idea, not based on science nor clinical relevance?

A thread I started almost 6 months ago after seeing moves being made in Ireland and Denmark, with the concept of Health Passport being rubbished off as not acceptable.

Read above...

And here is the latest to that end. Seems like society at large is being slowly ushered into a form of proof of health for ability to move freely, not by mandating, but just by companies one at a time making proof of your health their corporate policy.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=health+passport&t=opera&iar=news&ia=news

Central

I'm happy for easy personal access to vaccine data, for evidence if required to services. But not mandatory vaccines, which we all knew are not happening here.

"I'm happy for easy personal access to vaccine data, for evidence if required to services. But not mandatory vaccines, which we all knew are not happening here. "

I will be happy to have the vaccine. I will not be happy that someone who cannot have the vaccine for any reason has to share the medical reason with some third party business.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Interesting question but not a chance of it happening in the UK on human rights grounds. Personally think vaccination should be mandatory as its not just about my own health but everyone I come in contact with."

You are making assumptions. It is not yet known if someone who has been vaccinated can pass covid to another.

No one yet knows how long a vaccine will protect the person vaccinated.

Until both of these things are known mandatory vaccination cannot be contemplated

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Interesting question but not a chance of it happening in the UK on human rights grounds. Personally think vaccination should be mandatory as its not just about my own health but everyone I come in contact with.

You are making assumptions. It is not yet known if someone who has been vaccinated can pass covid to another.

No one yet knows how long a vaccine will protect the person vaccinated.

Until both of these things are known mandatory vaccination cannot be contemplated"

Mandatory vaccinations have already been ruled out by the Government, as have any sort of "covid passport" and to be fair it's really not required. There is a virtual tipping point in vaccinations where there are enough people with immunity to prevent any sort of epidemic from happening, the "Experts" suggest that as little as 50% of the population would be sufficient to really get back to normal.

Cal

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Vaccinated or not we can still pass covid to another person, just like we can pass flu to another person after a flu injection.

The vaccination protects you, not others.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Firstly, no one will know for certain that they are protected because as is widely stated no vaccine is 100% effective.

Secondly anyone who has been vaccinated can still passing the virus through touch, on clothing etc so if you had the virus and pass it to me I could then pass it on to a family member who hasn’t yet had the vaccine. According to the National Audit Office only 50% of the population will be offered the vaccine in 2021 so a lot of those under 50 are going to be vulnerable for a long time yet.

Leeds

"According to the National Audit Office only 50% of the population will be offered the vaccine in 2021 so a lot of those under 50 are going to be vulnerable for a long time yet."

Matt Hancock said bulk of over 50s will have been offered it by end of March

Tin town

"According to the National Audit Office only 50% of the population will be offered the vaccine in 2021 so a lot of those under 50 are going to be vulnerable for a long time yet.

Matt Hancock said bulk of over 50s will have been offered it by end of March"

Did he specify a year?

Not a cat in hells chance of jabbing 30m people having 2 jabs by next march.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

According to the NHS they expect to do 5000 jabs per day at each of their 50 mass vaccination centers. That would be 25 thousand jabs a day or 175 thousand a week, and this is not counting the GP's and other local vaccination centers. They also said that the number of jabs will increase when they get onto the second dose.

175 thousand per week is around 9 million a year.

Cal

Tin town

"According to the NHS they expect to do 5000 jabs per day at each of their 50 mass vaccination centers. That would be 25 thousand jabs a day or 175 thousand a week, and this is not counting the GP's and other local vaccination centers. They also said that the number of jabs will increase when they get onto the second dose.

Cal"

Rough numbers... There's about 25 to 30m over 50s....lets say 25m.

2 jabs per person.. 50m jabs by end of March... Which is 14 weeks away...

So thats 3.5m per week to hit target.

Don't get me wrong, it's progress that we have a vaccine and are delivering it. But also let's not underestimate what's involved getting it delivered effectively.

And let's also not forget how long immunity is conferred for (is it 6 months?) so need to repeat it.... Like painting the golden Gate Bridge.

If regards to the mandating, yes it has been said that governments wont mandate a vaccine, but that has not stopped them washing their hands of campanies who have decided to make proof of vaccine or negative test provision a mandatory element of company policy to access their service, whilst simultaneuously governments are washing their hands of companies who choose to do that saying it is their company and their decision, we are staying out of it. So yes, governments may not mandate proof of health, but they also wont stop companies who choose to mandate rpoof of health as part of their corporate policy. See Quantas, for starters.

"According to the NHS they expect to do 5000 jabs per day at each of their 50 mass vaccination centers. That would be 25 thousand jabs a day or 175 thousand a week, and this is not counting the GP's and other local vaccination centers. They also said that the number of jabs will increase when they get onto the second dose. 20121 a good year for more than wines we hope....

Cal

Don't get me wrong, it's progress that we have a vaccine and are delivering it. But also let's not underestimate what's involved getting it delivered effectively.

And let's also not forget how long immunity is conferred for (is it 6 months?) so need to repeat it.... Like painting the golden Gate Bridge. "

I agre with what you are saying and also I feel i have to add that if efficy rate 90% . That is 9 out of 10 vaccined people taken out of the sickness and hospitalisation. I.E. more people at work, less pressure on National Health and a "potential" of less people having the virus and spreading it rather than passing it on due to contact to contact. I notice they haven't used the military yet in High numbers yet to help with the logistics at the sites. this should help reduce the NHS staff used for logistics and more on Vaccinating.

Dubai

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 11:29:19]

Dubai

Problem with fit-to-fly certificates is people wanting or needing to fly are just turning off track and trace and going for a retest privately. 2-3 re-rests and you will get a negative one guaranteed , until the tests work no scheme will be valid.

ribble valley

"If regards to the mandating, yes it has been said that governments wont mandate a vaccine, but that has not stopped them washing their hands of campanies who have decided to make proof of vaccine or negative test provision a mandatory element of company policy to access their service, whilst simultaneuously governments are washing their hands of companies who choose to do that saying it is their company and their decision, we are staying out of it. So yes, governments may not mandate proof of health, but they also wont stop companies who choose to mandate rpoof of health as part of their corporate policy. See Quantas, for starters.

"

Why would they?

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"I'm assuming you're talking covid-19 vaccination? If so, I would not support it. Actually I'd join the movement against mandatory vaccination as I'm sure there would be one. Nothing worse than jumping on the vaccine that is not proven, not extensively tested, long term side affects not known and even the illness itself is not fully understood yet. New discoveries are coming out almost weekly.

Fair enough. "

What you say above does not make sense.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"According to the NHS they expect to do 5000 jabs per day at each of their 50 mass vaccination centers. That would be 25 thousand jabs a day or 175 thousand a week, and this is not counting the GP's and other local vaccination centers. They also said that the number of jabs will increase when they get onto the second dose. 20121 a good year for more than wines we hope....

Cal

And let's also not forget how long immunity is conferred for (is it 6 months?) so need to repeat it.... Like painting the golden Gate Bridge.

I agre with what you are saying and also I feel i have to add that if efficy rate 90% . That is 9 out of 10 vaccined people taken out of the sickness and hospitalisation. I.E. more people at work, less pressure on National Health and a "potential" of less people having the virus and spreading it rather than passing it on due to contact to contact. I notice they haven't used the military yet in High numbers yet to help with the logistics at the sites. this should help reduce the NHS staff used for logistics and more on Vaccinating.

"

If they are so bloody clever at creating vaccines why do they not create one that does not require repeating every six months.

Cal

If they are so bloody clever at creating vaccines why do they not create one that does not require repeating every six months. "

Because that's not how your body works. Sometimes they are for life, sometimes they need boosters. If you want someone to blame, have an argument with your own body cells about why they won't play ball.

» Add a new message to this topic