FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will Covid-19 change your swinging habits?

Will Covid-19 change your swinging habits?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aughtydante OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlands Based But Travel

obviously the meet page has been took down from this site and i praise fabswingers.com for making such a smart decision.

But when its back and meetings is "allowed" will Covid-19 change your swinging habits?

I see alot of people with "alot" of verifications and i get it and understand thats part of the swinging culture.

But now with a virus that will be with us for a while.

Will you be meeting less people? Looking for regular meets wit the same people? Or living life the same as before Covid-19?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Yes, in fact thinking of retiring from swing clubs and meets.

Wish things were normal but it`s not looking promising. I don`t trust the goverment or even the scientists.

Usually when they say it`s safe to go back in the water that`s when the shark pops up.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

I will still go to the swing club I frequent when it reopens, I will still meet as many people there as I did before, what I will be changing is my close contact with people. I won't be as forthcoming with hugs & kisses & any other bodily contact for a while at least.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No sure until the time comes

"No sure until the time comes "

This!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope

By *oresters1Couple  over a year ago

Hythe, Hampshire

due to fact that members of our family are either key workers or in senior health care(not care homes), we have self isolated from day 1 of lockdown.we have come to see the effect its having on those who seem to rely on swinging,.

why dont they get their heads together and work out local groups of likeminded people and create themselves a social group and arrange meets just within that group

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are in the vulnerable group

"There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are in the vulnerable group"

Sti's aren't airborne like covid is believed to be. Pretty sure there has to be some sexual involvement for the chance to catch an sti?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes sadly things will be change for a while yet

"There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are in the vulnerable group"

Most STIs are easily curable these days

COVID isn’t

By *icheshireMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

Well it is, provided you have an immune system and in good health your body will do the rest. If you dont then it's probably safer you dont venture to Tesco let alone a club.

"There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are in the vulnerable group

COVID isn’t "

Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now.

"Well it is, provided you have an immune system and in good health your body will do the rest. If you dont then it's probably safer you dont venture to Tesco let alone a club. "

That’s your body curing itself. If if can’t there is no known successful treatment yet.

By *icheshireMan  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Well it is, provided you have an immune system and in good health your body will do the rest. If you dont then it's probably safer you dont venture to Tesco let alone a club.

That’s your body curing itself. If if can’t there is no known successful treatment yet. "

As someone else has pointed out, of the people who were diagnosed with it there is only a very small percentage of people who's body wasnt able to. And of that percentage almost all of them had an underlying health problem.

If you have a health problem stay put the rest of us will be fine ot at worst have to stay home with the flu/cold for a week or so.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"obviously the meet page has been took down from this site and i praise fabswingers.com for making such a smart decision.

But when its back and meetings is "allowed" will Covid-19 change your swinging habits?

I see alot of people with "alot" of verifications and i get it and understand thats part of the swinging culture.

Will you be meeting less people? Looking for regular meets wit the same people? Or living life the same as before Covid-19?"

a lot of those people with a lot of verifications may have been those who have been to a lot of socials......

in a perverse way it may be safer to do the smaller meets for a while covid wise that the super big socials, which would be such a shame....

I hadn't really given it a thought as to "whats next" because i don't feel as ancy about needing to scratch the urge to meet so to speak.....

for me... this will always be a public health issue first and foremost... once that is sorted the rest will sort itself out!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are in the vulnerable group

COVID isn’t Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now."

no.... what you find is that while the "motality rate" may go down... the "hospitalisation rate" isn't

roughly 15% of people end up at a "hospital" in one way shape of form... you want to be that person, be my guest!!!

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

COVID isn’t Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now."

“..... Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now....”

Covid has killed 15% of those infected in the UK.

And among the rest who survive, some have had organ failures which require surgery, transplant etc. Some may eventually die weeks or months later.

bournemouth

COVID isn’t "

What's the death rate of aids compared to covid in vulnerable groups, obviously it's a free world but I know which I would have everytime.

bournemouth

COVID isn’t Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now.

And among the rest who survive, some have had organ failures which require surgery, transplant etc. Some may eventually die weeks or months later. "

No that's not quite true, it kills about 1 to 2 percent of those infected, you're quoting those tested positive which is not the same as infected.

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

"Well it is, provided you have an immune system and in good health your body will do the rest. If you dont then it's probably safer you dont venture to Tesco let alone a club.

That’s your body curing itself. If if can’t there is no known successful treatment yet.

As someone else has pointed out, of the people who were diagnosed with it there is only a very small percentage of people who's body wasnt able to. And of that percentage almost all of them had an underlying health problem.

If you have a health problem stay put the rest of us will be fine ot at worst have to stay home with the flu/cold for a week or so."

But the uk has one of the worst health records in Europe for underlying health problems so the clubs would be pretty light of punters I’d say nowhere near enough to keep the doors open and even more likely to be a sausage fest

For the single guys

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

COVID isn’t Why 99.9% who have been tested positive are ok now.

And among the rest who survive, some have had organ failures which require surgery, transplant etc. Some may eventually die weeks or months later.

No that's not quite true, it kills about 1 to 2 percent of those infected, you're quoting those tested positive which is not the same as infected."

15% is based on those infected.

"There has always been a greater chance of catching a sti than there is covid19 so not sure what the problem is, unless you are

the vulnerable group"

Its not just your self in a vulnerable group you have to worry about .. its if you have family members or know someone in a vulnerable group you may need to worry about

"obviously the meet page has been took down from this site and i praise fabswingers.com for making such a smart decision.

Will you be meeting less people? Looking for regular meets wit the same people? Or living life the same as before Covid-19?

a lot of those people with a lot of verifications may have been those who have been to a lot of socials......

in a perverse way it may be safer to do the smaller meets for a while covid wise that the super big socials, which would be such a shame....

I hadn't really given it a thought as to "whats next" because i don't feel as ancy about needing to scratch the urge to meet so to speak.....

for me... this will always be a public health issue first and foremost... once that is sorted the rest will sort itself out!"

I know right. Its crazy i think alot of peoples sex drive has dropped lol

"Well it is, provided you have an immune system and in good health your body will do the rest. If you dont then it's probably safer you dont venture to Tesco let alone a club. "

I dont worry to much about my immune system its the people who i know.. for example family members whose immune systems maybe worse than mine

Sti's aren't airborne like covid is believed to be. Pretty sure there has to be some sexual involvement for the chance to catch an sti? "

Most definitely needs to be sexual contact for an sti lol. And yes Covid-19 being airborne is what i worry about ..

Plus like i mentioned in reply to others is. Its not just yourself being in a vulnerable group you need to worry about its family members and friends who might be vulnerable

By *pl83mfCouple  over a year ago

Toronto

"No sure until the time comes

This! "

Second this

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Listening to friends that are doctors / nurses there wards are starting to return to normal and stop being covid wards.

So that is a positive.

We can see the death rates going down and I guess infection rates are down as well. I suppose my worry is the local outbreaks are still occurring. I am staying at home and have had 2 social events since mid March - one was a drink with a friend, one was to see my brother. Other than that I have kept myself indoors other than for excersie and shopping

I am gutted I can’t go to football or go to swinging clubs. I have resorted that sexual interaction won’t happen till at least October / November

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Won't change our meeting people, just won't go to clubs or party's now, like intermit meets with small groups now. Xx

It had already......

Those who i was chatting too with a view to meeting In the future and have chosen to meet during the crisis are now blocked.

Anyone who has met during the crisis has been blocked.

I’ve seen a single female on here set a fake profile and meet in person when reported another one soon pops up.

People well some have been getting around the fab rules.

Not sure now if I would meet anyone new again.

Yes I’ve stopped and have no current intention of returning.

Sti's aren't airborne like covid is believed to be. Pretty sure there has to be some sexual involvement for the chance to catch an sti?

Most definitely needs to be sexual contact for an sti lol. And yes Covid-19 being airborne is what i worry about ..

Plus like i mentioned in reply to others is. Its not just yourself being in a vulnerable group you need to worry about its family members and friends who might be vulnerable "

Absolutely, some don't have to worry about others & some only worry about themselves.

» Add a new message to this topic