FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > That little Prick!

That little Prick!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Called the Flu injection may well just save your life and others around you - never missed one for 10 years or more here.

And the Flu injection programme has been doubled from 15 Million to 3 Million this coming year . . .

https://news.sky.com/story/expansion-of-flu-jab-programme-to-reach-30-million-people-to-mitigate-impact-of-covid-19-12035071

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Called the Flu injection may well just save your life and others around you - never missed one for 10 years or more here.

And the Flu injection programme has been doubled from 15 Million to 30 Million this coming year . . .

https://news.sky.com/story/expansion-of-flu-jab-programme-to-reach-30-million-people-to-mitigate-impact-of-covid-19-12035071

15 to 30 lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

In my late 60's now never had a flu injection in my life,never had flu.

I do hate saying that as one day I might get it.

I know many people who feel worse when they have it.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I am having the flu jab this year

"In my late 60's now never had a flu injection in my life,never had flu.

I know many people who feel worse when they have it."

I have never felt any different (except for a sore arm, which you get everytime) and only ever got ill once and that was when they chose the wrong H1 two year ago.

Doctors will all tell you that it can't make you ill because it's not a live vaccine. They have also - since last year - stopped doing the egg cultured vaccine which makes it more 'acceptable' to those with 'intolerenses'.

Give it a try this year In your age group you will get it free too.

"I am having the flu jab this year "

Go girl!!!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Always have one.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

the only reaso you feel worse after having it is if you not 100%fit when jabbed as your immunity system already fighting what wrong with you so sees the.serum from vacc as a bug and attacks.it.

Hope that makes sense

K

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive had the flu jab for years now and was advised you have the pneumonia jab last year which I did.

Ill definitely be having the flu jab again this year.

"Ive had the flu jab for years now and was advised you have the pneumonia jab last year which I did.

Ill definitely be having the flu jab again this year."

Yes good point - we had a pneumonia jab last year for the first time.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Its egg based isnt it? If theres an alternative I'll have it if not I'm very much keen not to. Not just for personal reasons but health reasons. I gave up all animals products 2.5 years ago for my arthritis, I'm in remission.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get the flu jab every year to protect myself and others.

"Its egg based isnt it? If theres an alternative I'll have it if not I'm very much keen not to. Not just for personal reasons but health reasons. I gave up all animals products 2.5 years ago for my arthritis, I'm in remission."

since last year they have stopped doing the egg cultured vaccine which makes it more 'acceptable' to those with 'intolerances'.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Never had it as not entitled and won’t be changing that this year

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Its egg based isnt it? If theres an alternative I'll have it if not I'm very much keen not to. Not just for personal reasons but health reasons. I gave up all animals products 2.5 years ago for my arthritis, I'm in remission.

since last year they have stopped doing the egg cultured vaccine which makes it more 'acceptable' to those with 'intolerances'. "

Then I probably will tbf I shall probably have to. I work in care so imagine they will insist on it.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

never had it as i not in the age group that gets given it

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I normally get it as I'm asthmatic, but ran out 'time' yeah I know, last year, kicking myself now and will be taking it again as soon as I am offered it.

By *lymanMan  over a year ago

PLYMOUTH

Never had a flu jab never had flu either so nothing to report

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

[Removed by poster at 24/07/20 22:40:47]

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I should have had it the last 3 years,but missed last years,which I regret as had flu in January

So I will definitely be having it when I get my invite

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Not in the age bracket to get a free one. Does anyone know if you can pay to have it?

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

never had it. probably never will. my grandad is still fit and well and he dsnt have it. his brother has one and stll gets the flu. strange. keep the jabs away from my lad too and hes been just fine. good immune systems and genes luckily enough

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The flu vaccine can't give you the flu but it can certainly stop you from getting it. If you have it, ut helps others to benefit from herd immunity.

This year, if you caught flu and covid-19, the damage to your health and life could be much more dangerous than you may expect. This is because covid-19 is causing longer term and permanent damage to people's organs, including their brains.

Spare yourself the higher risk of organ failure etc, with a £10 flu jab, if you are not eligible for a free 1.

You are also helping to protect the life and health of vulnerable people. If we all had it, flu wouldn't be a problem

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The other point to remember is that our immune systems start to become less reliable as we age.

Manchester (she/her)

"Not in the age bracket to get a free one. Does anyone know if you can pay to have it? "

Yes. Often at pharmacies, about £10

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Not in the age bracket to get a free one. Does anyone know if you can pay to have it?

Yes. Often at pharmacies, about £10"

Thanks, I googled it. £12.99 at Boots

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

Go and look at hospital admissions when they start giving the flu jab it jumps very high and puts lots of pressure on the NHS because of side effects

I for one will not be taking any flu jab

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The thing is if I trusted the goverment over this I might be alright with it, but coming from them it kind of shoots it down from the start.

I see the logic from the NHS point of view saves all that extra testing. But then the first test should be for covid anyway, which would be a matter of course.

If they said if you get the flu you have increased chances of catching covid that might encourage people, but there's no proof. More dilly dallying at the early stages have cost lives and knowledge.

Event 201 last October says it all.

I had flu when I was a kid, it was horrendous, was sweating buckets and so exhausted I couldn't get out of bed.

I am diabetic and asthmatic so I get the flu jab every year. This will be the eighth year and I have only been ill once - I was unfortunate enough to pick up a cold at the same time I got the shot and was pretty sick for three weeks.

I will definitely be having it again this year.

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

where is this flu virus coming from ???

with all the social distancing hand washes masks it should be non existant ??

Didn't boris have the flu jab, how did that work out now?

"Didn't boris have the flu jab, how did that work out now?"

? He didn't catch flu.

Manchester (she/her)

"Didn't boris have the flu jab, how did that work out now?

? He didn't catch flu."

I have no idea where the idea that Covid-19 is a flu came from... it's not flu

"where is this flu virus coming from ???

with all the social distancing hand washes masks it should be non existant ??"

Cases of the common cold have dropped from about 50 in 100,000 people to five in 100,000. Likewise, cases of viral hepatitis, asthma, tonsillitis, and respiratory and chest conditions have been halved. Chickenpox is down nearly fivefold and laryngitis threefold.

Infectious intestinal diseases, often caused by poor hand hygiene, have also fallen from about 12 in 100,000 to fewer than five in 100,000. Upper respiratory tract infections have plummeted by two thirds, while cases of bronchitis and conjunctivitis have been more than halved.

By *acko9568Man  over a year ago

saltburn

Have had flu, and by god it was NOT fun. Lost 1 1/2 stone in a week. Get the jab if offered, save your life and others. Prefer a sore arm to a pine box

Manchester (she/her)

Cases of the common cold have dropped from about 50 in 100,000 people to five in 100,000. Likewise, cases of viral hepatitis, asthma, tonsillitis, and respiratory and chest conditions have been halved. Chickenpox is down nearly fivefold and laryngitis threefold.

Infectious intestinal diseases, often caused by poor hand hygiene, have also fallen from about 12 in 100,000 to fewer than five in 100,000. Upper respiratory tract infections have plummeted by two thirds, while cases of bronchitis and conjunctivitis have been more than halved."

Numbers

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

with all the social distancing hand washes masks it should be non existant ??"

Sadly there's far too many that think by using masks/face coverings they can invade your 2m social distance. It really isn't difficult to socially distance but especially for some down here on their hols currently, think they left their brains at home (or that covid didn't reach down here )

Manchester (she/her)

Sadly there's far too many that think by using masks/face coverings they can invade your 2m social distance. It really isn't difficult to socially distance but especially for some down here on their hols currently, think they left their brains at home (or that covid didn't reach down here )"

Yeah it's addition to not instead of

I never had the flu jab.. Until I got the flu. I never again want to go through that, I was off work for a month I thought I was dying at one point.

"I never had the flu jab.. Until I got the flu. I never again want to go through that, I was off work for a month I thought I was dying at one point. "

Indeed . . .

Often people think that they have had the Flu - when in fact they probably haven't. Full blown Flu is amazingly debilitating and from illness to feeling properly fit again it can last much longer than a month. Being away from work is often at least two weeks.

And while you have it you put everyone else at risk around you in directly similar ways that Covid-19 does.

And it's not just the flu that you may give to other people that is damaging to their health, it's also the other complications that flu can bring like catching pneumonia.

If someone is already immunocompromised having flu is the very last thing they need. If you or they got Flu and Covid at the same time it would more than probably have a devasting outcome.

The Science and Health Data has been around for Flu for a very long time. Being a Flu-Anti-Vaxer is just silly. You can choose of course not to have because that is your right, but you really cannot argue the established Science and Public Health Data behind it.

Get a Flu Vaccine this Year.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Ive had the flu jab for years now and was advised you have the pneumonia jab last year which I did.

Ill definitely be having the flu jab again this year.

Yes good point - we had a pneumonia jab last year for the first time.

"

you only need the pneumonia one once unless you have your spleen removed.

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Been having them for years, can't afford to be ill or have time off. Hopefully it'll mean I get a free one this year

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Its egg based isnt it? If theres an alternative I'll have it if not I'm very much keen not to. Not just for personal reasons but health reasons. I gave up all animals products 2.5 years ago for my arthritis, I'm in remission."

How about human products? It’s got aborted fetal tissue in it too

No, never had the flu vaccination

Manchester (she/her)

"Its egg based isnt it? If theres an alternative I'll have it if not I'm very much keen not to. Not just for personal reasons but health reasons. I gave up all animals products 2.5 years ago for my arthritis, I'm in remission.

How about human products? It’s got aborted fetal tissue in it too "

Isn't it better than just throwing it in the bin, using it to help generations of people?

They stopped doing the 'egg' cultured vaccine a year which makes it more 'acceptable' to those with 'intolerences'.

By *indobona_1TV/TS  over a year ago

Tring

I, as usual, will be having the jab. Oddly my partner will not for some reason stating fear of letting the medical people know of her 'inside leg measurement' (e.g.bad habits) paranoia.

I usually get a sore shoulder for 24 hours but that is no problem. I didn't suffer from any problems a few years ago when my T-cell count was about 20 - if I had caught flu, it might have been very bad news then.

I never had one either, I used to get the odd cold, and once had a heavy coul/flu on average every 2 or 3 years, until 5 years ago when I had one. About a week and a half later I was really ill, and never been so bad!

So, I think I'll pass on this one.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"How about human products? It’s got aborted fetal tissue in it too "

They use cultured cells which were derived, and then cloned, from two aborted foetuses about 60 years ago.

No more foetal matter has been added since in order to ensure consistant results.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"I never had the flu jab.. Until I got the flu. I never again want to go through that, I was off work for a month I thought I was dying at one point. "

Been there twice, nasty shit! Hardly stood up for over a week each time, took me months to get fully over it.

I know many people who feel worse when they have it.

I have never felt any different (except for a sore arm, which you get everytime) and only ever got ill once and that was when they chose the wrong H1 two year ago.

Doctors will all tell you that it can't make you ill because it's not a live vaccine. They have also - since last year - stopped doing the egg cultured vaccine which makes it more 'acceptable' to those with 'intolerenses'.

Give it a try this year In your age group you will get it free too.

"

"The flu vaccine can't give you the flu but it can certainly stop you from getting it. If you have it, ut helps others to benefit from herd immunity.

This year, if you caught flu and covid-19, the damage to your health and life could be much more dangerous than you may expect. This is because covid-19 is causing longer term and permanent damage to people's organs, including their brains.

Spare yourself the higher risk of organ failure etc, with a £10 flu jab, if you are not eligible for a free 1.

You are also helping to protect the life and health of vulnerable people. If we all had it, flu wouldn't be a problem "

"The other point to remember is that our immune systems start to become less reliable as we age. "

"I never had the flu jab.. Until I got the flu. I never again want to go through that, I was off work for a month I thought I was dying at one point.

Indeed . . .

Often people think that they have had the Flu - when in fact they probably haven't. Full blown Flu is amazingly debilitating and from illness to feeling properly fit again it can last much longer than a month. Being away from work is often at least two weeks.

And while you have it you put everyone else at risk around you in directly similar ways that Covid-19 does.

And it's not just the flu that you may give to other people that is damaging to their health, it's also the other complications that flu can bring like catching pneumonia.

If someone is already immunocompromised having flu is the very last thing they need. If you or they got Flu and Covid at the same time it would more than probably have a devasting outcome.

The Science and Health Data has been around for Flu for a very long time. Being a Flu-Anti-Vaxer is just silly. You can choose of course not to have because that is your right, but you really cannot argue the established Science and Public Health Data behind it.

"

Well said

"I never had the flu jab.. Until I got the flu. I never again want to go through that, I was off work for a month I thought I was dying at one point.

Indeed . . .

Well said "

I never had any real cold/flu problems until I got the vaccine. I was feeling cold 1 hour after and wore gloves , zipped my coat right up, as i felt cold. 10 days later I was ill! Couldn't get out of bed and never felt so ill... Never agsin!

Indeed . . .

Well said

I never had any real cold/flu problems until I got the vaccine. I was feeling cold 1 hour after and wore gloves , zipped my coat right up, as i felt cold. 10 days later I was ill! Couldn't get out of bed and never felt so ill... Never agsin! "

You can't get flu from the vaccine, it's not a live vaccine.

I had flu 15years ago. It developed into pneumonia, I had a series of major asthma attacks, nearly died and was hospitalised for two weeks. I couldn't return to work for five months.

I've had a flu jab every year since then.

The jab won't give you flu (not a live virus), it's no longer developed in eggs and it takes seconds. If you're offered it, I'd recommend having it.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

I had a really bad dose of the flu 25 years ago. I was actually worried for my life.

Never had it since; well, nothing like it felt, anyway. I assume my body remembered and helped me fight "lesser" flu viruses off.

I don't take the jab because more vulnerable people than me need it.

If I'm lucky enough to live long enough to really need it, I'll get it.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Could part of the problem be that a lot of people aren't able to differentiate between a 'bit of a bad cold' and flu?

"Could part of the problem be that a lot of people aren't able to differentiate between a 'bit of a bad cold' and flu?

"

Yes

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I had flu 15years ago. It developed into pneumonia, I had a series of major asthma attacks, nearly died and was hospitalised for two weeks. I couldn't return to work for five months.

I've had a flu jab every year since then.

The jab won't give you flu (not a live virus), it's no longer developed in eggs and it takes seconds. If you're offered it, I'd recommend having it. "

A wise post and very accurate. We don't qualify for NHS flu jabs (even the expanded programme) but will be paying for it in a pharmacy. Teaching students from far and wide puts us at risk.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

You probably havent had it because the people around you do get it.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Ive had the flu jab the last 8 years and I have never felt even slightly ill afterwards.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I have a flu jab most years, sometimes I forget to do it or the local surgery has finished doing them before I get around to making an appointment.

Last year I was well prepared and had a flu jab in early October. In December I had the worst flu I've ever had that only went away with antibiotics. Not sure what to do this winter?? Unless it wasn't the flu I had it was something attached to a new virus?

"never had it as i not in the age group that gets given it"

Me either...but as i recently passed the big 5oh then I will this year.

I know many people who feel worse when they have it.the only reaso you feel worse after having it is if you not 100%fit when jabbed as your immunity system already fighting what wrong with you so sees the.serum from vacc as a bug and attacks.it.

Hope that makes sense

K"

Definitely. The only time I've felt ill after my flu jab was when I had a cold when I got it.

Manchester (she/her)

"Ive had the flu jab the last 8 years and I have never felt even slightly ill afterwards. "

I occasionally get a sore arm or a headache. Worth it.

Worth a Bump and a slight update . . .

Please. (this bit was the update) Get a Flu Vaccine this Year.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Worth a Bump and a slight update . . .

"

. Yes , got to agree , I thought i had 'flu loads of times , until I got 'flu then realised I hadn't previously had ' flu before

"Worth a Bump and a slight update . . .

. Yes , got to agree , I thought i had 'flu loads of times , until I got 'flu then realised I hadn't previously had ' flu before "

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Not in the age bracket to get a free one. Does anyone know if you can pay to have it? "

Some pharmacies will sell it for £8 I think, when the season starts.

Here's what the Daily Express said. (Hope I don't get blocked)

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1176178/flu-jab-2019-uk-vaccine-boots-asda-tesco-lloyds-superdrug-cost-cheapest

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I've had the flu jab in December for the first time in my life, a month later, covid landed on earth.

"I've had the flu jab in December for the first time in my life, a month later, covid landed on earth. "

I thought the Chinese were to blame

"Not in the age bracket to get a free one. Does anyone know if you can pay to have it?

Some pharmacies will sell it for £8 I think, when the season starts.

Here's what the Daily Express said. (Hope I don't get blocked)

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1176178/flu-jab-2019-uk-vaccine-boots-asda-tesco-lloyds-superdrug-cost-cheapest"

It's between £8 and £14 - and may just be the best £8 or £14 you ever spend.

I had flu once, I've had the jab every year since. I usually just get on with things when I'm ill, but at one point I honestly thought my time was up!

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Was offered a flu jab a few yrs ago from the Doctors and been having one for last 4 yrs ..its a no brainer ..free and no probs ...

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I only found out in May that I was even entitled to a flu vaccine.

However I quite like having flu so I'm not convinced about having it.

» Add a new message to this topic