FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > When will this virus be over?

When will this virus be over?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I heard the summer heat would make the virus disappear; I hope so; if that doesn't do it then what will?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It is hot in Brazil and it hasn't killed off the virus there.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If that’s the case what happens in the colder times ? Only way it will go away is with a vaccine

When Boris says so

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

When will the flu virus be over ???

This is a how long a piece of string question.

Nobody can answer it. Until we get 0 deaths ans 0 numbers of infection.but cant see that happening anytime soon.k

By *orkiecplCouple  over a year ago

York

It will only be over when every person on the plannet has had it or a vacination has been given to every person on the plannet, Sweden knew this from the start which is why they had no lockdown

The virus arealso in the warm countrys so it is not affected by the weather. I can see it be here for the next 10 years or so as we wil see new waves of it.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Not so much a case of when it will all be over, thats not going to happen for a long time yet, but when can we start living normally again?

More and more areas are showing 0% infection rates (ours is at 0.007%) so relatively safe here.

Common sense and judgement are whats needed now, not fear mongering and negativity.

"The virus arealso in the warm countrys so it is not affected by the weather. I can see it be here for the next 10 years or so as we wil see new waves of it."
It is more a case of how to live with it with this new reality, we have seen when they lighten the lockdown there is an increase of it, so they have to switch to stricter to lighter to save the economy, rather then just have a strict one there.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

If anything it's going to spread more in the colder months here, as people's habits change, more people meeting indoors. More seasonal flu, promoting more coughing and symptoms.

Just think how many people have a cold (not the flu) over the winter, will all these have to self isolate? I don't think they will, so now we will all be doctor self diagnosing a cold and not covid to avoid self isolation for your household.

Personally I think we need to get back to some normality for our own sanity and the economy. We just have to be as safe as we can while doing stuff and follow the guidelines, this will vary depending on different people risks.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"If anything it's going to spread more in the colder months here, as people's habits change, more people meeting indoors. More seasonal flu, promoting more coughing and symptoms.

Just think how many people have a cold (not the flu) over the winter, will all these have to self isolate? I don't think they will, so now we will all be doctor self diagnosing a cold and not covid to avoid self isolation for your household.

Personally I think we need to get back to some normality for our own sanity and the economy. We just have to be as safe as we can while doing stuff and follow the guidelines, this will vary depending on different people risks. "

Correct, and conversely, in hot countries people spend more time indoors to stay out of the heat and it's spreading.

Maybe they need adult education classes in common sense, and make them compulsory.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I heard the summer heat would make the virus disappear; I hope so; if that doesn't do it then what will? "

What summer heat?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think Trump promoted the summer heat killing it off fallacy.

It could end if humans weren't social animals, as we'd not meet to pass it around. It's in both hemispheres of the world, in winter and summer conditions and it's not gone.

As people reduce their physical contact, it reduces in levels. New Zealand got rid of it until immigrants took it in. 1 or more of the vaccines will we hope, manage to remove it from more countries. All countries in the world will likely not have equal access to the vaccines, so population movements could reintroduce it, like in New Zealand. But, if a single infection enters a country with everyone vaccinated to herd immunity levels, it won't take hold.

My guess is that it will linger in some poorer nations and then they will be targeted. That could take 4 or 5 years, possibly with the rest of the world imposing entry restrictions on people travelling from the dwindling list of countries with it.

Anti-vaccer groups will hold up or prevent herd immunity from being reached, if there are enough of them, if the virus is still around. Maybe they could be employed to travel to and work in the countries that still have the virus, providing vaccinations until the virus disappears?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Social distancing, hygiene measures, and vaccination.

Hot weather does bugger all to it.

The only reason it is low now is because our warm weather is tolerable and we are outside in groups more.

Hotter countries as Brazil and the south of the USA...people are indoors more in groups using the aircon. So when winter comes we will be indoors more but due to cold weather.

It's going nowhere sadly. The vaccine and therapeutic drugs are the long term answer but social distancing is here to stay until then I think.

Also Asian country's do not shake hands...so maybe they have that social distancing inbuilt...

Manchester (she/her)

"Hot weather does bugger all to it.

The only reason it is low now is because our warm weather is tolerable and we are outside in groups more.

Hotter countries as Brazil and the south of the USA...people are indoors more in groups using the aircon. So when winter comes we will be indoors more but due to cold weather.

It's going nowhere sadly. The vaccine and therapeutic drugs are the long term answer but social distancing is here to stay until then I think."

I think flattening the curve helps a lot.

If I catch it and I carry on as normal, I spread it to 2-3 people, who each spread it to 2-3 people, etc. Exponential growth.

If I catch it and distance, I might spread to 0-1. So instead of like 1, 4, 10, 28, it becomes 1, 2, 2, 4. The less people infected the sooner this thing fucks off. It requires us to spread it

It's going nowhere sadly. The vaccine and therapeutic drugs are the long term answer but social distancing is here to stay until then I think.

If I catch it and I carry on as normal, I spread it to 2-3 people, who each spread it to 2-3 people, etc. Exponential growth.

If I catch it and distance, I might spread to 0-1. So instead of like 1, 4, 10, 28, it becomes 1, 2, 2, 4. The less people infected the sooner this thing fucks off. It requires us to spread it "

And while it's still rampant in other countries..and the borders are opening again. We can only slow it down by monitoring local spikes with greater scrutiny.

Manchester (she/her)

If I catch it and distance, I might spread to 0-1. So instead of like 1, 4, 10, 28, it becomes 1, 2, 2, 4. The less people infected the sooner this thing fucks off. It requires us to spread it

And while it's still rampant in other countries..and the borders are opening again. We can only slow it down by monitoring local spikes with greater scrutiny."

Yes. National strategies need to be there. But individually, we need to avoid others like the plague.

... I'll see myself out.

People insist on travelling around the world all of the time and so it will keep on spreading.

All I ever seem to Hear is people moaning that they just have to go abroad spending hours cooped up in metal tubes in the air or jammed into trains on ferries

Add to that the d*unken state some people get themselves into and then distance goes out the window.

And while it's still rampant in other countries..and the borders are opening again. We can only slow it down by monitoring local spikes with greater scrutiny.

Yes. National strategies need to be there. But individually, we need to avoid others like the plague.

... I'll see myself out."

When we all become hermits, living in socially distance bubbles and the freedoms we enjoyed are ring fenced and controlled by the state. Hey ho, onward and upward eh. Keep on fighting.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"

Common sense and judgement are whats needed now, not fear mongering and negativity. "

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Apparently it took the Spanish flu 2 years to burn out. But who knows

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Apparently it took the Spanish flu 2 years to burn out. But who knows "

Sort of true the huge death rates slowed down after 2 years, 50 million + deaths in these first waves. It didn't really final go away til 15 to 20 years later.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Despite local spikes,probably due to more testing,there isn't actually huge death rates any more,Infact the this time last year average is close to par or lower, so either the virus is weakening, therapeutics work, or they now know not to stick everyone with covid on a ventalator and inflate their lungs like a hot air balloon, no doubt the Spain thing will give oxygen to the second wave fearmongering all next week though. Let's face it doom sells better than optimism for the media.

Durham

"Despite local spikes,probably due to more testing,there isn't actually huge death rates any more,Infact the this time last year average is close to par or lower, so either the virus is weakening, therapeutics work, or they now know not to stick everyone with covid on a ventalator and inflate their lungs like a hot air balloon, no doubt the Spain thing will give oxygen to the second wave fearmongering all next week though. Let's face it doom sells better than optimism for the media. "

I think you are pretty much right. We are doing random testing now so we have a much more accurate infection rate now. The infection before and during the peak was probably a thought higher than we thought. The main factor in the lower death rate in hospitals is medics have more understanding of the virus and have ways to stop people needing ventilators. The main things that have brought down and kept the infection rate low is obviously social distancing and improved hygiene. Another factor maybe sadly the virus has already killed a good portion of susceptible people.

By *ffyEffWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Where did the idea that heat killed the virus even start??

It just doesn't make sense, and clinging to the hope that "the hotter weather will make it disappear!" Isn't helping anyone.

Look at Arizona, for example, it's been the biggest hotbed for Covid the past couple weeks not only just in the US, but the entire world.

Their weather is regularly around 40 Celsius this time of year. Heat does nothing.

"Where did the idea that heat killed the virus even start??

It just doesn't make sense, and clinging to the hope that "the hotter weather will make it disappear!" Isn't helping anyone.

Look at Arizona, for example, it's been the biggest hotbed for Covid the past couple weeks not only just in the US, but the entire world.

Their weather is regularly around 40 Celsius this time of year. Heat does nothing. "

As I posted further up ^^

It sends people inside to cool down...it transmits better inside.

Where do we spend a lot of time in winter?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Despite local spikes,probably due to more testing,there isn't actually huge death rates any more,Infact the this time last year average is close to par or lower, so either the virus is weakening, therapeutics work, or they now know not to stick everyone with covid on a ventalator and inflate their lungs like a hot air balloon, no doubt the Spain thing will give oxygen to the second wave fearmongering all next week though. Let's face it doom sells better than optimism for the media. "

It would be nice to see some balance in the media, some good news about people and places with relative success...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

It's interesting people quoting infection rates and testing numbers. Question, where can we find legitimate accurate as possie numbers for these from a reliable source?

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

It's not going to be over any time soon. However, at some point we have to start doing something. Which we are now.

Personally I think international travel should've been suspended for a great deal longer. Being as that's the greatest risk of transmission as proved by New Zealand.

We live in Cornwall and the virus spread here has been low. However, tourism could have a huge impact on us. Thing is if you rely on common sense of people that's dangerous. How many people with booked holidays to cornwall who live in Leicester and Blackburn, etc will still come anyway?? Thus increasing the risk.

"It's interesting people quoting infection rates and testing numbers. Question, where can we find legitimate accurate as possie numbers for these from a reliable source? "

Not sure if it's a link to post here. But google "ons infection weekly figures"

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Will not be over until there is a covid 19 jab which sadly could be over a year away.

Be wearing mask at work till next summer,then will see .Going to be here a while longer .Had no cases for 3 weeks but lately we have .

"Be wearing mask at work till next summer,then will see .Going to be here a while longer .Had no cases for 3 weeks but lately we have . "

If only the buggers on the estates corner shops would wear masks...used to only allow 2 people in at any one time. Now they have signs up to say you need a mask...they allow a pokey little shop to fill to the brim, and say they cant stop people who dont wear one

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Be wearing mask at work till next summer,then will see .Going to be here a while longer .Had no cases for 3 weeks but lately we have . "

I doubt we'll ever stop wearing masks in my sector now.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's interesting people quoting infection rates and testing numbers. Question, where can we find legitimate accurate as possie numbers for these from a reliable source? "

ONS, Google "local covid 19 dashboard ucl" first link, Independent Sage briefings (weekly on YouTube, the first section explains the numbers).

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Don’t think the heat kills it, mid 30’s in southern Spain been that way for weeks but look what’s happening there.

You have as much chance of curing this as you do with the common cold

People watch too much tv and they don't think for themselves

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

"You have as much chance of curing this as you do with the common cold

People watch too much tv and they don't think for themselves"

Manchester (she/her)

I don't even own a television

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Will not be over until there is a covid 19 jab which sadly could be over a year away."

Or years away. If there is a vaccine you might need to have booster jabs according to one Cambridge scientist . It's going to be around for years like Spanish flu .

"Will not be over until there is a covid 19 jab which sadly could be over a year away.

Or years away. If there is a vaccine you might need to have booster jabs according to one Cambridge scientist . It's going to be around for years like Spanish flu . "

Hopefully science is a bit more advanced then it was back then...

Manchester (she/her)

"Will not be over until there is a covid 19 jab which sadly could be over a year away.

Or years away. If there is a vaccine you might need to have booster jabs according to one Cambridge scientist . It's going to be around for years like Spanish flu .

Hopefully science is a bit more advanced then it was back then..."

And the investment in this is huge.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"When will the flu virus be over ???

Nobody can answer it. Until we get 0 deaths ans 0 numbers of infection.but cant see that happening anytime soon.k"

Really , there’s no such thing a zero deaths , we all die of something......it’s just another illness to die from .....now let’s move on

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

It won't be for years yet.

Merseyside

Nobody can answer it. Until we get 0 deaths ans 0 numbers of infection.but cant see that happening anytime soon.k

Really , there’s no such thing a zero deaths , we all die of something......it’s just another illness to die from .....now let’s move on "

they wont like you talking sense my friend

Really , there’s no such thing a zero deaths , we all die of something......it’s just another illness to die from .....now let’s move on

they wont like you talking sense my friend "

We all die at some point, gotta die of something. But it is a government responsibility, their main responsibility to keep people safe. Attitude like just get on with it just gives politicians reason to do stuff. Had to chose my words carefully there, what I meant was politicians on the whole do not care about US they only care about themselves and their kind.

"

I don't even own a television "

I have a desktop. I class what I have as a monitor

YouTube Amazon bt

I don't like bbc or sky (westworld is good)

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Somewhere around the end of January so I can travel to New York which I’ve just booked

Other covid strains have been around for years, H1N1, SARS, etc... And still no vaccines so don't hold your breath.

My problem is.

My background e.g. my mum

I've been her experiment for infection prevention.

She was into tuberculosis now she's band 7ing the situation.

I have these conversations with her and she's justdoing the protocal nonsence with me...

I am too smart. I don't watch tv. I made my own statistics. I have close friends and family telling me "we are forced to say cancer patients died of covid when they were dying of cancer"

6/2000 deaths on Friday were covid

It's bad but your "lockdown" isn't going to stop and I think it's becoming ridiculous because the disease won't be cured. It's not happening. These diseases aren't easily cured.

Just accept it. It's tuberculosis or dengue feaver. Just accept its like a medieval illness. But it's actually not as bad as black death or sweating aickness or Spanish flu.

It's not that bad. It's bad for sick people or extreamly low chance of being bad for a healthy person.

I've got worse personal problems and I've had worse health problems.

I think people are being ridiculous.

I work as "essential key worker" so I don't need telling off.

I just started going to pubs and stuff. (I don't really like alcohol)

The people freaking out about this are irrational.

Sending me out as a pawn while you hide is cowardly.

I am not being rewarded in life. I am being screwed out of opportunities. E.g. "permanent contract"

Everyone in my family has cancer. I've got people I love dying of serious things.

Covid isn't going to be cured. Stay in your homes forever if you are being true to yourselves.

But really you will give up soon and the situation will not have changed in 3 years.

Be offended by me if you like but I know these forums and how it is.

People have welcomed me back because I have my own view on things.

If you report me you are being "bolshie". That's something fab needs to stop doing.

I don't trust the government or tv.

I think everyone is doing the wrong thing and I "put myself at risk"

But really I don't feel heroic I feel other people aren't pulling their weight.

This can't continue. Your all loosing your jobs and homes. I gain from apocalypse. I get mortguage/contract/job opportunities because of dead boomers.

But really it's not like that. Covid19 is not dangerous enough to merit this kind of reaction.

I was seeing a woman in hudersfield (e.g. cinema/park)

She started doing this nonsence with me about shielding. Dispite remaining in contact.

I just lost intrest.

People need to exercise and eat propper food. If you drink alcohol it's a drug. So is smoking. (I do 420)

It's not me wearning a mask or not that's going to kill you.

People have become hedonistic to unhealthy lifestyles. They are at risk but it's not politicly correct to motivate slackers.

The woman I was seeing was BBW. I literally feel attracted to different types of women but she was being ridiculous. Nice woman but if she really give a shit she would get running up hills to save herself.

I had to detach from friends also because of this. People who became like bolshie/stazi east Germans

It's always the women who get most rallied by authority. Ofcourse women are on a level with me about these things.

But "karen" is legit.

It's affected my dateing preferences STRONGLY

Some of my female colleagues think like me but they are old.

While others are covid mad. The covid mad types are hysterical about everything and have a sence of entitlement in the workplace. They always vote labour.

They shout these opinions in the staff room but opinions like mine are secretly whispered.

This forum is like a staff room

You get fired for upsetting karen

It's disappearing quite quickly according to some experts, unfortunately not the ones UKGov & The Behavioural Insights Team and Cabinet Office listen to.

Probably one of the reasons it's thriving in Brazil - as mentioned above- is down to rank poverty and all the problems that come with it?

Still, good to know that Astra Zeneca are testing their new vaccine on people from Brazil, and I guess Gates has his snout in there too.

Apparently the AZ Vax has been tested on 1,000 people already, probably Brazilian street kids with no rights, because as some experts have pointed out, it is disappearing whatever the machinery would have us believe.

Sheffield

"It's disappearing quite quickly according to some experts, unfortunately not the ones UKGov & The Behavioural Insights Team and Cabinet Office listen to.

Probably one of the reasons it's thriving in Brazil - as mentioned above- is down to rank poverty and all the problems that come with it?

Still, good to know that Astra Zeneca are testing their new vaccine on people from Brazil, and I guess Gates has his snout in there too.

Apparently the AZ Vax has been tested on 1,000 people already, probably Brazilian street kids with no rights, because as some experts have pointed out, it is disappearing whatever the machinery would have us believe."

you can't properly test a vaccine in a population that hasn't got sufficient cases of covid . So Brazil is the correct call. Not political.

Durham

It is weird that all the free thinkers that believe all the conspiracy stuff believe the same few sources. All who pretty much have no real evidence.

Manchester (she/her)

"It is weird that all the free thinkers that believe all the conspiracy stuff believe the same few sources. All who pretty much have no real evidence."

I'd noticed this too.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"It is weird that all the free thinkers that believe all the conspiracy stuff believe the same few sources. All who pretty much have no real evidence."

The funniest thing is that the conspiracy fans ARE the conspiracy...

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I was seeing a woman in hudersfield (e.g. cinema/park)

She started doing this nonsence with me about shielding. Dispite remaining in contact.

I just lost intrest.

People need to exercise and eat propper food. If you drink alcohol it's a drug. So is smoking. (I do 420)

People have become hedonistic to unhealthy lifestyles. They are at risk but it's not politicly correct to motivate slackers.

The woman I was seeing was BBW. I literally feel attracted to different types of women but she was being ridiculous. Nice woman but if she really give a shit she would get running up hills to save herself.

I had to detach from friends also because of this. People who became like bolshie/stazi east Germans

It's always the women who get most rallied by authority. Ofcourse women are on a level with me about these things.

But "karen" is legit.

While others are covid mad. The covid mad types are hysterical about everything and have a sence of entitlement in the workplace. They always vote labour.

They shout these opinions in the staff room but opinions like mine are secretly whispered.

"

So, the upshot is you aren't getting any..?

"I was seeing a woman in hudersfield (e.g. cinema/park)

I just lost intrest.

But "karen" is legit.

"

Well I'm sure there are more than just Karen's that are upset after your rant. Pretty sure you've just shot yourself in the foot with this!!

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Otherwise trust in information gained from a swinger site full of medic experts

By *imandher14Couple  over a year ago

Earth

China won ww3 without firing one single bullet thhey eon with Corona virus next 10 years the world will be run by China ????.

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

A similar question was posted back in April on the forum, shortly after the government announced the isolation rules.

I mentioned on the thread that it would most likely continue through July & August and was dismissed by the OP as being ridiculous.

Isolation, wearing masks correctly and distancing needs to be observed before the numbers will decrease.

"Be wearing mask at work till next summer,then will see .Going to be here a while longer .Had no cases for 3 weeks but lately we have .

I doubt we'll ever stop wearing masks in my sector now. "

Mine too

"Be wearing mask at work till next summer,then will see .Going to be here a while longer .Had no cases for 3 weeks but lately we have .

I doubt we'll ever stop wearing masks in my sector now.

Mine too "

What do you do ?

I know the forums are a great place for advice - I've just read a post about water melon fucking ....but ......I'll leave it there

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

When our masters the Government tell us it is or we decide enough is enough.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"When our masters the Government tell us it is or we decide enough is enough. "
Thats true would think it will be over when the money runs out and there’s 5 million unemployed

By *eirdscienceMan  over a year ago

Postwick

19.33 on 21st March 2021

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"People insist on travelling around the world all of the time and so it will keep on spreading.

All I ever seem to Hear is people moaning that they just have to go abroad spending hours cooped up in metal tubes in the air or jammed into trains on ferries

Add to that the d*unken state some people get themselves into and then distance goes out the window.

"

Yes you are right in a way but you have to think of people that have worked hard all year and booked and paid hefty deposits on these holidays well before covid was about I know of one family last weekend phoned the hotel in Spain directly to check what the situation was before paying the full balance and now this! It's really not fair on them.

The virus could last years theres no signs of it slowing yet, to be honest we probably would of slowed it down by now if we kept all the strict lockdown restrictions and people actually followed the rules to begin with... but with the easing of restrictions it's just going to spread again and take longer.

Should of kept every country on complete lockdown till it was gone or to a minimum. Would probably see the numbers drop by now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The virus will spread where conditions, people and their behaviour lets it.

Only very strict behavioural control or a vaccine will likely push it towards disappearing anywhere. Many country's earlier partial and fuller lockdowns made big reductions to its growth rate, so restrictions will be needed to reduce any further growth problems.

That's unless we have 1 or more vaccines that are effective and readily available. Vaccines deployed at high population rates would also help the virus to disappear, as it couldn't infect others before someone infected recovered.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"

Should of kept every country on complete lockdown till it was gone or to a minimum. Would probably see the numbers drop by now."

If we had "completely locked down" the UK for example, people would have starved to death. We dont produce enough food. 48% (and rising) of our food is produced abroad.

We (and other countries) would be a smoldering heap right now if we had completely locked all borders.

Be careful what you wish for.

Merseyside

"The virus could last years theres no signs of it slowing yet, to be honest we probably would of slowed it down by now if we kept all the strict lockdown restrictions and people actually followed the rules to begin with... but with the easing of restrictions it's just going to spread again and take longer.

Should of kept every country on complete lockdown till it was gone or to a minimum. Would probably see the numbers drop by now."

so the virus is still infecting people at the same rate as it was in April/May?? nope. 1000% not. of course its slowing down!!

Lots on ONS websites

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The answer my friends is blowing in the wind just like covid

Has anyone actually lost a family member to this virus?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

When people start following guidelines, the Isle of Man is 70 days virus free.

They put measure in place and beat it, we had a fucking idiot in charge and lost 65k people.

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

[Removed by poster at 30/07/20 01:22:36]

Durham

"Has anyone actually lost a family member to this virus?"

Not had a relative die but my cousin now has knackered kidneys and damaged lungs for the rest of life. He is in his early 40s. Unlikely to be able to work again.

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

"When people start following guidelines, the Isle of Man is 70 days virus free.

They put measure in place and beat it, we had a fucking idiot in charge and lost 65k people."

Before we digest your scientific findings, what's the size of the IOM, its population, how many travel hubs. Your comparing an apple with a hammer! This is why the Internet can be misleading, too many people making generalisations about something they know diddly squat about and people believe it. Example-Donald Trump. He knows more about any subject than anyone else!

I think December things will be back to normal

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"I heard the summer heat would make the virus disappear; I hope so; if that doesn't do it then what will? "

Yes summer, summer 2021

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

"I think December things will be back to normal"

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

2024 - 2067 ( 2024 only if a number of vaccines work and are distributed)

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Nothing will The common cold is a coronavirus and there’s no cure or immunity from the cold Covid 19 is here to stay

Sheffield

Hopefully science is a bit more advanced then it was back then..."

But this was a Cambridge scientist last week saying boosters might be needed . Either way it's going to be a long haul. I have other interests outside of swinging and hopefully covid proof to occupy myself now. Just here till my membership runs out.

By *heblackmacMan  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

Breaking News:Parts of North of England on Locked Down from tonight. Looks like 2nd wave have hit us especially North of England.

Covid will now never 'go away', it has become yet another endemic disease that mankind will need to live with.

In time, richer countries will suppress it through vaccination, just as they aready do with many other once-feared endemic illnesses. Poorer countries will remain reservoirs of disease. Total elimination of Covid now would require a level of global effort and cooperation not seen since the elimination of Smallpox, and that took decades to achieve.

The effort & public pressure now needs to be on reopening our society & minimizing the additional damage extreme control measures cause.

There are effective, reasonably accurate and rapid tests for Covid right now, some which could be mass produced for around £1 each and carried out at home. No laboratory. No delays. No special techniques. The money we're currently pouring into the black hole of 'covid support measures' would be much better spend mass producing, distributing and using technology like this to allow everyone to go about their daily lives as normal.

Note : the tech mentioned above exists today, is not a fantasy and is known as RT-Lamp testing. I can't post a link but google will help those interested.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

"Breaking News:Parts of North of England on Locked Down from tonight. Looks like 2nd wave have hit us especially North of England. "

Indeed interesting the areas it affects!

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

They put measure in place and beat it, we had a fucking idiot in charge and lost 65k people.

Before we digest your scientific findings, what's the size of the IOM, its population, how many travel hubs. Your comparing an apple with a hammer! This is why the Internet can be misleading, too many people making generalisations about something they know diddly squat about and people believe it. Example-Donald Trump. He knows more about any subject than anyone else! "

It works on a smaller scale of following rules, closing the borders.

We still can't get some fucking retards to wear a mask in a shop, so no chance of it going away anytime soon.

"Breaking News:Parts of North of England on Locked Down from tonight. Looks like 2nd wave have hit us especially North of England.

Indeed interesting the areas it affects! "

wont be long before everywhere is on lockdown again unless you need to drive to test your eyesight

Sheffield

Before we digest your scientific findings, what's the size of the IOM, its population, how many travel hubs. Your comparing an apple with a hammer! This is why the Internet can be misleading, too many people making generalisations about something they know diddly squat about and people believe it. Example-Donald Trump. He knows more about any subject than anyone else!

It works on a smaller scale of following rules, closing the borders.

We still can't get some fucking retards to wear a mask in a shop, so no chance of it going away anytime soon."

exactly this which is why this is going to run and run ...

By *and2aCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

This is just COVID-19 ....what happens when COVID-20 comes along.....

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Hot, high UV conditions reduce virus surviving in the environment so it reduces rate of infection but falls far short of eradicating it... flu goes quieter in the summer but it bounces back in Autumn. My prediction is grim (but most of my predictions have been pretty accurate though this pandemic) we will see UK CV19 deaths exceed 150K within the next 12-18 months

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

They put measure in place and beat it, we had a fucking idiot in charge and lost 65k people."

Isle of Man has a population of about 5 people in low density housing, they should have achieved Covid free 12 weeks ago! No one man is in charge of public health decisions but if you had been PM do tell us what you would have done better?

By *heblackmacMan  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Breaking News:Parts of North of England on Locked Down from tonight. Looks like 2nd wave have hit us especially North of England.

Indeed interesting the areas it affects! wont be long before everywhere is on lockdown again unless you need to drive to test your eyesight "

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

Isle of Man has a population of about 5 people in low density housing, they should have achieved Covid free 12 weeks ago! No one man is in charge of public health decisions but if you had been PM do tell us what you would have done better?"

Boris has already said they should have done things differently and that they underestimated this virus.

If we were first to be hit then I would understand but we saw what it was going to other countries before it hit.

Some members of sage were calling for an earlier lockdown.

In situations like this surely it's always better to be as proactive as possible rather than adopt the wait and see approach.

But as others have said,there is no point dwelling on what should have happened.

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

I believe this virus is man made and according to things ive read its like ebola and aids mixed the way it mutates

Like the flu they is no cure coz its a virus not infection

Might be able to slow it down

Just remember flu keeps loads of people every year

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

"This is just COVID-19 ....what happens when COVID-20 comes along....."

Covid 20 been postponed to 21

Think we are in this for the long run

Be added to the flu virus

Maybe a vaccine to help improve things if you get it

And hopefully more advanced treatments to slowdown this horrific death rate we have

Never

We are going to have to learn to live with it one way or another.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Think we are in this for the long run

Be added to the flu virus

Maybe a vaccine to help improve things if you get it

And hopefully more advanced treatments to slowdown this horrific death rate we have "

Looks like that's what it will be

» Add a new message to this topic