FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > GOOD NEWS for ONS 5 years averages are at lowest . . .

GOOD NEWS for ONS 5 years averages are at lowest . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

'this is the fifth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average'

Still more to be done in Private Care Homes however . . .

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending17july2020

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

now now... be careful with the good news, they wont like it!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I have always said the true figure will not be known until we have a full year of data to compare with previous years but good news

Merseyside

ps scratch that. typical society

"I have always said the true figure will not be known until we have a full year of data to compare with previous years but good news "

But you can only compre a full year total to a full-year total when all said and done - and it won't undo the fact that across the last five weeks the figures are lower than the 5 year average - plus if you bear in mind there is a pandemic right now and there wasn't one 5 years ago, the figures are lower again.

"typical fabs. a good news topic and very very few comments in comparison to other negative threads. incredible "

as Abraham 'GOOD NEWS' Lincoln once said:

'You can bring GOOD NEWS some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not bring GOOD NEWS to all of the people all of the time'.

Well they just don't like it.

Merseyside

"typical fabs. a good news topic and very very few comments in comparison to other negative threads. incredible

as Abraham 'GOOD NEWS' Lincoln once said:

'You can bring GOOD NEWS some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not bring GOOD NEWS to all of the people all of the time'.

Well they just don't like it.

"

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Great news as long as we are not in the eye of the storm.

Neither of us have had a cold since Feb so good news here too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good news thanks

"

Neither of us have had a cold since Feb so good news here too"

Colds will be down I guess co's most people haven't been anywhere to catch one.

Industrial death and injury - road deaths etc too . . . but let's hope that the lack of critical care in cancers etc doesn't spike at an alarming rate.

"Good news thanks "

By *ornykinkycouple84Couple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Good news is always.... good fed up of reading some of the vile that's posted on fab forums lately.

Some good news from our small town of Chesterfield, we have an extremely low infection rate also an even lower risk of a risk of a outbreak, fingers crossed things are turning for the better

"Good news is always.... good fed up of reading some of the vile that's posted on fab forums lately.

Some good news from our small town of Chesterfield, we have an extremely low infection rate also an even lower risk of a risk of a outbreak, fingers crossed things are turning for the better "

Great news - Safer Still.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Ummm is that because the ones who would have died this year are already dead....

I know, I know. Shush stick to the positive

"Ummm is that because the ones who would have died this year are already dead....

I know, I know. Shush stick to the positive "

Perhaps those people who would have died went into hospital with covid and are now alive.

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

thanks for the good news up date

much needed

"thanks for the good news up date

much needed

"

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

" 'this is the fifth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average'

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending17july2020

"

The Boris haters will e in tears

Always nice to hear good news cat.

Keep it up

" 'this is the fifth consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average'

The Boris haters will e in tears"

Why would anybody be in tears over fewer deaths?

Why would anybody be in tears over fewer deaths? "

Tbh I read this from the original "Weekly All Causes Deaths In England And Wales" thread, earlier. Before this got posted. And of course it's good news...

the wetlands

The Boris haters will e in tears"

Why

"Always nice to hear good news cat.

Keep it up "

Why would anybody be in tears over fewer deaths?

Tbh I read this from the original "Weekly All Causes Deaths In England And Wales" thread, earlier. Before this got posted. And of course it's good news..."

There is very much more information on the ONS link than just figures.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Awesome news!

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

Why would anybody be in tears over fewer deaths? "

Boris lovers are an odd bunch!

Merseyside

apparently Birmingham now has only 1 patient in critical care for covid, across 2 hospitals, at the peak there was 60... we are getting there

Merseyside

less than 100 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in the UK, in April there was 3200+ ...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

Industrial death and injury - road deaths etc too . . . but let's hope that the lack of critical care in cancers etc doesn't spike at an alarming rate.

"

Not good news... GREAT news! Thanks good news fairy.

Lord knows we need some. Let's just hope we are not "banking" things for future years with possible emotional well being, postponed treatments, less exercise and so on.

I'm curious if this is highlighting that we are much more resilient and self sufficient than we realised and some consumption of NHS services is more of a security blanket than essential...or if you spend 5 months telling people to be alert, they take a bit better care of themselves and others. We won't know how it washes out for a good while yet.

Tin town

"less than 100 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in the UK, in April there was 3200+ ... "

Keep the good news coming... Its much nicer on this thread!

"less than 100 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in the UK, in April there was 3200+ ... "

I must admit I've always paid more attention to hospitalisation numbers than positive test numbers.

The reason being that we have always been told that 80% of us if infected would have mild or no symptoms at all.

Those hospitalisation numbers have been improving for weeks.

Dudley

"

Lord knows we need some. Let's just hope we are not "banking" things for future years with possible emotional well being, postponed treatments, less exercise and so on.

I'm curious if this is highlighting that we are much more resilient and self sufficient than we realised and some consumption of NHS services is more of a security blanket than essential...or if you spend 5 months telling people to be alert, they take a bit better care of themselves and others. We won't know how it washes out for a good while yet. "

I think it's shown people they don't NEED to go to a&e with every little thing and we can vastly reduce the pressure on the NHS as long as we all start being more mindful of what we are doing.

the wetlands

"

I'm curious if this is highlighting that we are much more resilient and self sufficient than we realised and some consumption of NHS services is more of a security blanket than essential...or if you spend 5 months telling people to be alert, they take a bit better care of themselves and others. We won't know how it washes out for a good while yet.

I think it's shown people they don't NEED to go to a&e with every little thing and we can vastly reduce the pressure on the NHS as long as we all start being more mindful of what we are doing.

"

There's been no deaths in Northern Ireland for 10 days and maybe 1 or 2 in a month. Only 2 in ICU and positive tests 10-20 a day for over a month

Tin town

"

"

I think you are right. As well as the first port of call being a Dr or GP service. I've had quite a few conversations with folk who say it's too hard to get to a gp now and they can't be bothered so they "just managed" it themselves, saw the pharmacist and guess what? In these cases everything turned out fine for them. Having said that I also know of one young lad who sadly took his own life.

Merseyside

"less than 100 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in the UK, in April there was 3200+ ...

Keep the good news coming... Its much nicer on this thread! "

Merseyside

"less than 100 patients in mechanical ventilation beds in the UK, in April there was 3200+ ...

I must admit I've always paid more attention to hospitalisation numbers than positive test numbers.

The reason being that we have always been told that 80% of us if infected would have mild or no symptoms at all.

Those hospitalisation numbers have been improving for weeks."

we all know this isnt over, but the vast vast majority are following the rules/guidelines, theyll be upticks in areas we know and some will always look for the negatives but in a whole we are on the right path here!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

we all know this isnt over, but the vast vast majority are following the rules/guidelines, theyll be upticks in areas we know and some will always look for the negatives but in a whole we are on the right path here! "

very true things are looking positive at the moment

scotland

You say you ignore the positive cases but, in England, between 27th June and the 26th July, there were 16808 cases which equates to 560 a day on average. In the last week, the average was 590. That suggests to me that cases are not dropping in England but, because the number of hospital cases are dropping, the less vulnerable are catching it. Of course, this is good news. It may also suggest that rather than a full lockdown, we should have kept the economy going and protected the elderly. Hindsight of course....

You say you ignore the positive cases but, in England, between 27th June and the 26th July, there were 16808 cases which equates to 560 a day on average. In the last week, the average was 590. That suggests to me that cases are not dropping in England but, because the number of hospital cases are dropping, the less vulnerable are catching it. Of course, this is good news. It may also suggest that rather than a full lockdown, we should have kept the economy going and protected the elderly. Hindsight of course....

"

Well to be pedantic I didn’t say I ignore the positive cases, but apart from that I agree with you.

Of course those poor souls in the care homes are only going to die once.

"

They were well below average until lockdown

Excess mortality climbed dramatically once we were locked down.

Why's thay do we think?

Tin town

"It may also suggest that rather than a full lockdown, we should have kept the economy going and protected the elderly. Hindsight of course....

"

Not disagreeing. But given we now know of how difficult our nation is to corale to a common or majority cause, how would you have gone about protecting the elderly and keeping the economy going

? It's an easy statement to make but if it were easy to do surely we would have done so?

They were well below average until lockdown

Excess mortality climbed dramatically once we were locked down.

Why's thay do we think?"

A global pandemic maybe?

Dudley

we all know this isnt over, but the vast vast majority are following the rules/guidelines, theyll be upticks in areas we know and some will always look for the negatives but in a whole we are on the right path here! "

Definitely

Merseyside

we all know this isnt over, but the vast vast majority are following the rules/guidelines, theyll be upticks in areas we know and some will always look for the negatives but in a whole we are on the right path here!

Definitely "

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

That's what I have been doing too. I know positive tests are still high but the testing is much higher than it used to be and everyone found is good news as they can isolate rather than spreading it. I also keep an eye on how many ventilated and deaths. Thankfully they have also been declining

scotland

"It may also suggest that rather than a full lockdown, we should have kept the economy going and protected the elderly. Hindsight of course....

Not disagreeing. But given we now know of how difficult our nation is to corale to a common or majority cause, how would you have gone about protecting the elderly and keeping the economy going

? It's an easy statement to make but if it were easy to do surely we would have done so? "

It wasn't done because they didn't know what we now know...As I said, hindsight.

The steps that the government eventually took enabled the extremely vulnerable (care homes) to be better protected. Half of deaths have been care home related. Shielding is another way to protect and , yes, it was done.

If there is a 2nd wave then I think we now have enough knowledge to keep economy moving and to protect the vulnerable.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

"

What has it all done to the nations immunity to colds and other transmitted illnesses long term? If cold virus are not wildly circulating and children do not get exposed to them now, might those viruses prove to be much more dangerous when they pop up again in years to come?

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"

What has it all done to the nations immunity to colds and other transmitted illnesses long term? If cold virus are not wildly circulating and children do not get exposed to them now, might those viruses prove to be much more dangerous when they pop up again in years to come?"

I was actually thinking about this earlier today....

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"

What has it all done to the nations immunity to colds and other transmitted illnesses long term? If cold virus are not wildly circulating and children do not get exposed to them now, might those viruses prove to be much more dangerous when they pop up again in years to come?

I was actually thinking about this earlier today...."

I was talking about this earlier too.

I think we have suppressed or immune systems somewhat by reducing contact and staying home plus washing and sanitising everything frequently, and maybe more susceptible now to catching some things that before we would have brushed off.

Also it's so interesting that now if I am out I rarely hear anybody cough or sneeze, maybe we are worried about doing that it public, it's more embarrassing than farting.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

I think we have suppressed or immune systems somewhat by reducing contact and staying home plus washing and sanitising everything frequently, and maybe more susceptible now to catching some things that before we would have brushed off.

Also it's so interesting that now if I am out I rarely hear anybody cough or sneeze, maybe we are worried about doing that it public, it's more embarrassing than farting."

The Covid protection measures are a surefire way to break a societies immunity to illness and will accelerate the selection of superbugs resistant to disinfectants

"

Also it's so interesting that now if I am out I rarely hear anybody cough or sneeze, maybe we are worried about doing that it public, it's more embarrassing than farting.

The Covid protection measures are a surefire way to break a societies immunity to illness and will accelerate the selection of superbugs resistant to disinfectants "

Oh no they won’t.

» Add a new message to this topic