FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Greater Manchester

Greater Manchester

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parklesue OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Middleton

Not allowed to meet separate household indoors and 2 metre distance

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Ha ha

No FP'S tomorrow then

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's just on the news, pubs and shops staying open.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

There's other areas affected, Oldham, Blackburn, Bradford..

It's also Eid tomorrow.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's just on the news, pubs and shops staying open."

Not really a lockdown then?

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Department of Health and Social Care had confirmed the restrictions will apply to all indoor settings - so it will mean that no two households should meet in places including pubs and restaurants.

liverpool

"Department of Health and Social Care had confirmed the restrictions will apply to all indoor settings - so it will mean that no two households should meet in places including pubs and restaurants."

Do they make up these rules as they go along?

You cant go to a house with 4 people but you can go in a boozer where there could be 100?

"Department of Health and Social Care had confirmed the restrictions will apply to all indoor settings - so it will mean that no two households should meet in places including pubs and restaurants.

You cant go to a house with 4 people but you can go in a boozer where there could be 100?"

Yeah, but the pub will have social distancing and enhancing sanitizing and other mitigation. So you can look at the other household from a distance or through a screen

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Department of Health and Social Care had confirmed the restrictions will apply to all indoor settings - so it will mean that no two households should meet in places including pubs and restaurants.

You cant go to a house with 4 people but you can go in a boozer where there could be 100?"

That's a strong yes!!

So you can't meet another household inddors, but you could just sit at the next table? And does that mean job interviews have to be rearranged in a field? The whole thing is idiots bumbling in the dark

liverpool

You cant go to a house with 4 people but you can go in a boozer where there could be 100?

Yeah, but the pub will have social distancing and enhancing sanitizing and other mitigation. So you can look at the other household from a distance or through a screen "

But people in a house will aswell (if they have any sense)

It does seem at times they are just winging it (I read somewhere they changed the mask advice 8 times)

That phrase about piss ups in breweries springs to mind.

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Or is it because Eid is tomorrow......who knows......bit of a sudden announcement.

Yeah, but the pub will have social distancing and enhancing sanitizing and other mitigation. So you can look at the other household from a distance or through a screen

It does seem at times they are just winging it (I read somewhere they changed the mask advice 8 times)

That phrase about piss ups in breweries springs to mind."

I think they've just d*unk too much looney brew.

By *heblackmacMan  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

Wouldn't be a surprise if some of the swingers club are on this areas which spike the outbreak of this 2nd wave of COVID19 comes to shut down this weekend. It can happened, it can't happen (which means they can stay open with social distanceing guidelines)

liverpool

I've got this image of a load of chimps sitting round a table,drinking tea'making a more coherent strategy

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

Think they were saying many of these places have high Asian population who tend to have several generations in the same household. That's bad enough as if one person gets infected the whole household gets infected including the elderly. If the household's are also mixing it soon gets out of control

By *weet-cheeks100Woman  over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Department of Health and Social Care had confirmed the restrictions will apply to all indoor settings - so it will mean that no two households should meet in places including pubs and restaurants."

Sorry to sound a bit but does that mean they can meet outdoors at a social distance? Like before in a park etc but also in a beer garden?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

In Manchester now you can't mix indoors with another households but you should go back into work on Monday and sit all day with other households and travel to work on the bus with other households.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Yeah, but the pub will have social distancing and enhancing sanitizing and other mitigation. So you can look at the other household from a distance or through a screen "

In the same pub speaking via zoom will be allowed

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just reading the actual wording of the statement....

“people from different households will not be allowed to meet each other indoors” in Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and the city of Leicester."

problem is on twitter at the moment the mp's from those areas affect are interpreting this in different ways....

basically from what i can work out you will not be allowed in any indoor setting where you can mix with anyone outside your immediate bubble....

so if i was a swinging club in any of the areas, i don't see how you could operate... but thats just me!

In one of the affected lockdown aras and right now I could scream.

.. Not mention of the social bubbles, if they're gone, being a single Mum, that's my mental health up the swanny.

I could essentially be in the same pub as family but not in their house which is a whole lot safer.

Leeds

"if i was a swinging club in any of the areas, i don't see how you could operate"

I didn't think any swingers clubs in those areas were open ?

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

A swingers club with an outdoor area maybe could, who knows......

Leeds

"In one of the affected lockdown aras and right now I could scream.

.. Not mention of the social bubbles, if they're gone, being a single Mum, that's my mental health up the swanny.

I could essentially be in the same pub as family but not in their house which is a whole lot safer. "

I feel really sorry for you. What a nightmare situation.

liverpool

I could essentially be in the same pub as family but not in their house which is a whole lot safer. "

Its crackers

"Wouldn't be a surprise if some of the swingers club are on this areas which spike the outbreak of this 2nd wave of COVID19 comes to shut down this weekend. It can happened, it can't happen (which means they can stay open with social distanceing guidelines) "

So we are still in the first wave. Don't listen to this second wave rubbish.

To my knowledge only decedance and Gatehouse have opened. Rochdale (were Decedance is) has actually dropped the amount of cases.

I don't like this one little bit, but I kind of get it. The rest of the UK has got the virus under control. We haven't. We need to stamp it out before winter otherwise we risk a real second wave and 10,000s of more deaths.

I begrudgingly agree with the tories (feel sick saying that haha)

Staffordshire

You’d hope after the last lockdown they’d take certain households that are vulnerable under consideration!

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"In Manchester now you can't mix indoors with another households but you should go back into work on Monday and sit all day with other households and travel to work on the bus with other households. "

Its more likely that at work - employers will attempt to enforce social distancing and other mitigating measures.

When people visit friends and family in their households, there is no guarantee that social distance will be adhered to.

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Genuine offer, if you're ever struggling give me a message xx

Staffordshire

"In Manchester now you can't mix indoors with another households but you should go back into work on Monday and sit all day with other households and travel to work on the bus with other households.

Its more likely that at work - employers will attempt to enforce social distancing and other mitigating measures.

When people visit friends and family in their households, there is no guarantee that social distance will be adhered to."

What about the ones that can’t enforce social distancing?

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Am I reading it correctly?

Not actually saying lockdown, just no one from a different household/bubble mixing indoors????

No mention of staying AT home, so can still freely travel.

Or am I missing something?

I could essentially be in the same pub as family but not in their house which is a whole lot safer.

You’d hope after the last lockdown they’d take certain households that are vulnerable under consideration! "

No kidding, I had a death threat off my ex and the Police wouldn't let me have anyone in my house to support me.

Genuine offer, if you're ever struggling give me a message xx"

Much appreciated xx

By *ebbie69Couple  over a year ago

milton keynes

"Am I reading it correctly?

Not actually saying lockdown, just no one from a different household/bubble mixing indoors????

Or am I missing something?"

That's what I understand too. No lockdown but reintroducing one of the previous restrictions i.e. don't go into each others houses

East Lancashire

That's what I understand too. No lockdown but reintroducing one of the previous restrictions i.e. don't go into each others houses"

Cheers....glad someone else reads it that way.

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you are on twitter at the moment the best person to follow might be lewis goddall (of newsnight)

basically its looking like a clusterfuck at the moment because everyone is confused

East Lancashire

"if you are on twitter at the moment the best person to follow might be lewis goddall (of newsnight)

basically its looking like a clusterfuck at the moment because everyone is confused "

Wow....gvmt edicts and confusion...they dont usually go hand in hand.

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not much difference for us as we still weren’t going in other people’s houses anyway. Hopefully it will make a difference so we don’t have to stop work again etc

Newcastle and Gateshead

That's what I understand too. No lockdown but reintroducing one of the previous restrictions i.e. don't go into each others houses

Cheers....glad someone else reads it that way."

the problem looks like that the house bit looks like its "regulation" meaning in theory its technically enforcable... where as the pub/restaurant bits look like they are "guidance"... which means its not technically enforcable...

its a mess

Staffordshire

You’d hope after the last lockdown they’d take certain households that are vulnerable under consideration!

No kidding, I had a death threat off my ex and the Police wouldn't let me have anyone in my house to support me. "

Shocking! Trouble is police are only first response have you tried any of the domestic helplines?

I understand your situation x

No kidding, I had a death threat off my ex and the Police wouldn't let me have anyone in my house to support me.

Shocking! Trouble is police are only first response have you tried any of the domestic helplines?

I understand your situation x"

Yes, I'm supported by a Domestic Abuse helpline. Police have been a joke... Not allowing support but encouraging contact between my ex and daughter even though that went against the Government guidelines that were released.

liverpool

"if you are on twitter at the moment the best person to follow might be lewis goddall (of newsnight)

basically its looking like a clusterfuck at the moment because everyone is confused

Wow....gvmt edicts and confusion...they dont usually go hand in hand. "

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Was supposed to be meeting friends from Yorkshire in Manchester this weekend. No swinging. We are trying to understand the guidance. So we can’t technically go for a meal together the question but we can be outside as long as we social distance

Newcastle and Gateshead

slight update:

Guidance will be that households should NOT mix at the pub or restaurants with other households.

Bolton Metropolitan Borough - almost the size of Leicester - still has falling rates of Covid amongst our 300,000 people. But because we are in Greater Manchester we all have the same rules as Oldham. Utter crap.

Leeds

But they still should go to the pub/restaurant on Monday and spend their £10 off vouchers to save the economy ?

East Lancashire

"Bolton Metropolitan Borough - almost the size of Leicester - still has falling rates of Covid amongst our 300,000 people. But because we are in Greater Manchester we all have the same rules as Oldham. Utter crap. "

Same here...Burnley has low rates, but surrounding boroughs (Pendle, Hyndburn, Rossendale and Bastardland with Darwen) have higher rates, so we are having to do the same as them. Still, ifit helps......

Staffordshire

I understand your situation x

Yes, I'm supported by a Domestic Abuse helpline. Police have been a joke... Not allowing support but encouraging contact between my ex and daughter even though that went against the Government guidelines that were released. "

I think it depends on if you get an empathetic police person or not! Sadly. They can encourage contact but can’t enforce it without a court order. But they aren’t worth the paper they’re written on in my experience

harrow

"Was supposed to be meeting friends from Yorkshire in Manchester this weekend. No swinging. We are trying to understand the guidance. So we can’t technically go for a meal together the question but we can be outside as long as we social distance "

Well it working out can we even still meet for lunch if not maybe we may not decide to meet

It seems it is still not in place yet on pubs and indoor places....its been chopped and changed and theres only 3 minutes until it all comes into effect. Amazing work eh

That phrase about piss ups in breweries springs to mind."

You Can only piss in a brewery with mask on at 2m apart whistling dixie

East Lancashire

Why Dixie?

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Scatter gun approach didn't work during lockdown for many people so why do they think it will now? Absolutely stupid to treat all areas of Greater Manchester the same.

World beating track and trace.....ye gods

Leeds

"World beating track and trace.....ye gods"

Fab's "who's on nearby" works well. Why can't the government use it ?

"World beating track and trace.....ye gods

Fab's "who's on nearby" works well. Why can't the government use it ?"

and cost less than all that dosh they spent on the crap app!

harrow

Wonders as I am technically not from Manchester and my friends are from York we are exempt from the Manchester rules even tho we will be going - not Manchester residents

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Bolton Metropolitan Borough - almost the size of Leicester - still has falling rates of Covid amongst our 300,000 people. But because we are in Greater Manchester we all have the same rules as Oldham. Utter crap. "

Indeed. Bolton has lower rates than many places, including Hackney in London, yet Bolton is dragged into it. Glad I'm about to enter 2wks home isolation prior to surgery, so actually I am personally unaffected for the foreseeable future, but the whole thing is just

harrow

I am going to say the big elephant in the room. I am wondering if the government is worried about families mixing due to eid celebrations / Hindu celebrations on Monday

For me me and friends are just working out the logistics of Saturday. Are we willing to meet 2 meters apart. Can we go to a bar / socially distance, whilst we have lunch.

We won’t touch each other and be as safe as can be but we are still debating the plan. I doubt that I will be able to get my train ticket refunded, hotel is free cancelable so for me it’s a case of weighing up the rules

"World beating track and trace.....ye gods

Fab's "who's on nearby" works well. Why can't the government use it ?"

Pfft plenty of government workers of all levels are probably on here using it day in and day out already

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

No kidding, I had a death threat off my ex and the Police wouldn't let me have anyone in my house to support me. "

you could have gone to someone elses house and contact your local domestic violence charity. As you are permitted to move or have someone stay with you under those circumstances

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Travelling into the area with others, people would have to separate at the border inwards

It's a farce

Will this be affecting Manchester airport???

harrow

Ok interesting discussion. 2 people not from Manchester can meet anywhere in the country and have lunch together and interact but if said two people want to meet in Manchester they can’t.

New rules are confusing

"Will this be affecting Manchester airport??? "

As Manchester Airport is in Greater Manchester, I imagine it will affect it. To what extent we don't know, but it will apply to Manchester Airport in exactly the same way as sat the Trafford Centre. Of more concern to the airport is the fact Luxembourg has been taken off the no quarantine list. Others will undoubtedly follow.

By *abcouple87Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

I reckon the rules are made specifically for eid.

harrow

The guidance is even more confusing as it says that the rules only apply if you live in Manchester. As neither me of my friends do that means they don’t apply so a visit could still be on the cars

Even more confused

harrow

"I reckon the rules are made specifically for eid."

For sure!!!! But why have government left it so late to do this

People make plans all weekb

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 01:13:04]

"Will this be affecting Manchester airport???

As Manchester Airport is in Greater Manchester, I imagine it will affect it. To what extent we don't know, but it will apply to Manchester Airport in exactly the same way as sat the Trafford Centre. Of more concern to the airport is the fact Luxembourg has been taken off the no quarantine list. Others will undoubtedly follow. "

I am supposed to be flying out of Manchester airport in 9 days time

As Manchester Airport is in Greater Manchester, I imagine it will affect it. To what extent we don't know, but it will apply to Manchester Airport in exactly the same way as sat the Trafford Centre. Of more concern to the airport is the fact Luxembourg has been taken off the no quarantine list. Others will undoubtedly follow. I am supposed to be flying out of Manchester airport in 9 days time "

I don't think it will have any affect on whether you can use the airport. We are imposing blanket quarantine on countries with regional spikes. Others are being selective based on the spikes. I'd hazard a guess that a fair few places will be imposing quarantine on passengers travelling from Manchester in the near future. Just a case of having to wait and see I think.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I don't think most people will take it seriously

No kidding, I had a death threat off my ex and the Police wouldn't let me have anyone in my house to support me. you could have gone to someone elses house and contact your local domestic violence charity. As you are permitted to move or have someone stay with you under those circumstances "

We weren't given that option even though, my ex is a serial domestic abuser. I have a restraining order against so shouldn't have needed to go anywhere else.

harrow

Ok currently I can meet my friends in York or Hull iout for a lunch and a chat but can’t meet the same friends in Lancashire or Manchester or Leeds because of covid - even though we are both technically not from the same area. New rules confuse me

harrow

"Ok currently I can meet my friends in York or Hull iout for a lunch and a chat but can’t meet the same friends in Lancashire or Manchester or Leeds because of covid - even though we are both technically not from the same area. New rules confuse me "

Sorry Leeds isn’t includes

Leeds

I think you could have a socially distanced picnic with them in Manchester

By *heblackmacMan  over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

If you lived in this areas, you should not socialize with people that you don't lived with according to the restrictions. This restriction are a bit confusing according to sky news.

"Wouldn't be a surprise if some of the swingers club are on this areas which spike the outbreak of this 2nd wave of COVID19 comes to shut down this weekend. It can happened, it can't happen (which means they can stay open with social distanceing guidelines)

So we are still in the first wave. Don't listen to this second wave rubbish.

To my knowledge only decedance and Gatehouse have opened. Rochdale (were Decedance is) has actually dropped the amount of cases.

I don't like this one little bit, but I kind of get it. The rest of the UK has got the virus under control. We haven't. We need to stamp it out before winter otherwise we risk a real second wave and 10,000s of more deaths.

I begrudgingly agree with the tories (feel sick saying that haha) "

This is spot on. Clearly this is disproportionately affecting the Asian community so something has to be done without totally screwing the local economy

It’s not easy so you’re going to be damned whatever you do

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

cant meet up with someone from a different household at there house but your ok to meet up with them and a group of people at a club or pub,makes perfect sense from boris yet again!

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"cant meet up with someone from a different household at there house but your ok to meet up with them and a group of people at a club or pub,makes perfect sense from boris yet again! "

No. Matt Hancock said not to meet up at a house or pub or club. He said meet at a park and follow social distancing

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"cant meet up with someone from a different household at there house but your ok to meet up with them and a group of people at a club or pub,makes perfect sense from boris yet again! "

How are the strict social distancing measures in your home working out for you?

One way system in and out, 1-2m distance between people, hand sanitizing stations at regular points, restriction on number of people allowed inside at any time - anyone not adhering to these rules are asked to leave ?

harrow

Your not supposed to according to Hancock on bbc news and that includes outside pub garderns

Tbh I realistically am thinking not coming

Leeds

"

Tbh I realistically am thinking not coming "

Why don't you meet up with your friends in Leeds or York which don't have restrictions ?

"Not allowed to meet separate household indoors and 2 metre distance

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close "

No cos they want to build the economy back up so it's safe to sit in bars/restaurants with strangers wearing no masks but heaven forbid you sit in your home with a family member. They think we are stupid

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close No cos they want to build the economy back up so it's safe to sit in bars/restaurants with strangers wearing no masks but heaven forbid you sit in your home with a family member. They think we are stupid "

If people stopped visiting 5 plus seperate households and not socially distancing indoors and in gardens we wouldn't have this problem.

In a pub you are socially distancing. thats why its ok to sit 1m apart from non masked strangers in pubs.

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close No cos they want to build the economy back up so it's safe to sit in bars/restaurants with strangers wearing no masks but heaven forbid you sit in your home with a family member. They think we are stupid

If people stopped visiting 5 plus seperate households and not socially distancing indoors and in gardens we wouldn't have this problem.

In a pub you are socially distancing. thats why its ok to sit 1m apart from non masked strangers in pubs."

lol a restaraunt near me was so packed last week. Sardines have more space in a tin. Ridiculous. No social distancing at all.

st helens

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close No cos they want to build the economy back up so it's safe to sit in bars/restaurants with strangers wearing no masks but heaven forbid you sit in your home with a family member. They think we are stupid

Have you been to a pub because when we tried it there was very little social distancing going on once people had a few pints in them!

In a pub you are socially distancing. thats why its ok to sit 1m apart from non masked strangers in pubs."

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Does that mean clubs and pubs will have to close No cos they want to build the economy back up so it's safe to sit in bars/restaurants with strangers wearing no masks but heaven forbid you sit in your home with a family member. They think we are stupid "

Quite plainly from a lot of the comments in this thread lots of people are very stupid.

The advice is very simple for those with more than one brain cell.

Dont mix with other households if they or you are from the areas listed, mixing means getting within two metres or one if wearing masks. Meeting outside with plenty of space is ok.

How bloody hard is it to understand.

Of course the thing they darent say is multi generation ethnic households meeting for Eid are spreading it in most of these areas.

st helens

Have you been to a pub yet cause when we tried it there was very little social distancing going on once people had a few pints in them!

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

In a pub you are socially distancing. thats why its ok to sit 1m apart from non masked strangers in pubs. lol a restaraunt near me was so packed last week. Sardines have more space in a tin. Ridiculous. No social distancing at all. "

Have you not seen the news, that pub in the Midlands where they have lockdown the town, the videos and imagines from the pub clearly show it packed and no social distancing whatsoever, now they have to try and track 700 visitors as they didn't follow the guidelines. Also the new areas I believe are being restricted due to a certain religious festival to try the minimise the spread within a high risk group. It's common sense really they last thing you need when the spread is creeping is everyone meeting up on mass.

How they will police these local restrictions is another matter, as a lot didnt bother following the first lockdown

Quite plainly from a lot of the comments in this thread lots of people are very stupid.

Dont mix with other households if they or you are from the areas listed, mixing means getting within two metres or one if wearing masks. Meeting outside with plenty of space is ok.

Of course the thing they darent say is multi generation ethnic households meeting for Eid are spreading it in most of these areas."

I hope that's not being aimed at me!

Just watching Andy Burnham on TV and he came across really well and made a lot of sense what he was saying. Came across as someone being statesman like and not a whinger. An actual opposition politician that for the first time is trying to be helpful and I really liked it.

Then............. Charlie Stayt starts asking the Silly questions to trip him up. I had to turn it off. It's almost as if the BBC is doing everything in it's power to cause division and rifts. I find it very upsetting and decided to turn it off.

harrow

"

Tbh I realistically am thinking not coming

Why don't you meet up with your friends in Leeds or York which don't have restrictions ?"

That’s what I am doing!!! Coming to York

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"But they still should go to the pub/restaurant on Monday and spend their £10 off vouchers to save the economy ? "
Yeah why not as long as you social distance which has been the guidance all along,families are alot more familiar with each other kissing,touching etc its not rocket science stay apart from people not in your household.Reading some of the comments on here im not surprised its spreading again.Too many people seem to rely on what someone has put on twitter if they read the gov guidelines instead of bloody twitter it might all be a bit clearer.

In a pub you are socially distancing. thats why its ok to sit 1m apart from non masked strangers in pubs. lol a restaraunt near me was so packed last week. Sardines have more space in a tin. Ridiculous. No social distancing at all.

Have you not seen the news, that pub in the Midlands where they have lockdown the town, the videos and imagines from the pub clearly show it packed and no social distancing whatsoever, now they have to try and track 700 visitors as they didn't follow the guidelines. Also the new areas I believe are being restricted due to a certain religious festival to try the minimise the spread within a high risk group. It's common sense really they last thing you need when the spread is creeping is everyone meeting up on mass.

How they will police these local restrictions is another matter, as a lot didnt bother following the first lockdown "

yes I agree that its probably EID the biggest reason we are going on restrictions again.

"just reading the actual wording of the statement....

“people from different households will not be allowed to meet each other indoors” in Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees and the city of Leicester."

problem is on twitter at the moment the mp's from those areas affect are interpreting this in different ways....

basically from what i can work out you will not be allowed in any indoor setting where you can mix with anyone outside your immediate bubble....

so if i was a swinging club in any of the areas, i don't see how you could operate... but thats just me!"

Its not just you x

so if i was a swinging club in any of the areas, i don't see how you could operate... but thats just me!"

No different than a pub and they're allowed to stay open.

Perhaps it's your perception rather than fact

st helens

so if i was a swinging club in any of the areas, i don't see how you could operate... but thats just me!

Perhaps it's your perception rather than fact"

Says the spokesperson for the gatehouse

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Of course the thing they darent say is multi generation ethnic households meeting for Eid are spreading it in most of these areas. I hope that's not being aimed at me! "

Not unless you were being serious I assume you were being sarcastic, as I said it's pretty simple to understand, of course there are some that just want to not understand so they can have a go at the medical advice

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Sad days indeed but did we really expect anything else from the lot in charge ?? just look at them all promoted or got their jobs not because of experience but because they all BELIEVE in the 2 B's "Boris & Brexit" !!!.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

New rules simplified no indoor meets unless there is a card reader to spend your cash simples

Of course the thing they darent say is multi generation ethnic households meeting for Eid are spreading it in most of these areas. I hope that's not being aimed at me!

Not unless you were being serious I assume you were being sarcastic, as I said it's pretty simple to understand, of course there are some that just want to not understand so they can have a go at the medical advice "

yes I was being sarcastic lol.

So what would people prefer. A sledgehammer to crack a nut approach, lock down the area. Bring in the spanish inquisition and impose draconian regulation or something a bit more targeted and lighter so that the economy in the area doesn't have to shut down completely.

I'd personally prefer a bit of a tweak to local rules so that provided you are careful I can carry on fairly normally. I do understand that some people on here prefer the opposite but I am glad there are people in charge that are not so attached to being members of the spanish Inquisition. Did I just mention " The spanish Inquisition". Did anyone expect that.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

No one expects the......Spanish inquisition ....!!!

"No one expects the......Spanish inquisition ....!!! "

"Or is it because Eid is tomorrow......who knows......bit of a sudden announcement. "

Controversial

"Or is it because Eid is tomorrow......who knows......bit of a sudden announcement.

Controversial "

But true. I live near some ethic minority heavy areas and it's there, there's been a spike in cases.

As Manchester Airport is in Greater Manchester, I imagine it will affect it. To what extent we don't know, but it will apply to Manchester Airport in exactly the same way as sat the Trafford Centre. Of more concern to the airport is the fact Luxembourg has been taken off the no quarantine list. Others will undoubtedly follow. I am supposed to be flying out of Manchester airport in 9 days time

I don't think it will have any affect on whether you can use the airport. We are imposing blanket quarantine on countries with regional spikes. Others are being selective based on the spikes. I'd hazard a guess that a fair few places will be imposing quarantine on passengers travelling from Manchester in the near future. Just a case of having to wait and see I think. "

Hope I get to go... where I am going to has had no deaths for a while and only 2 reported positive cases across the whole region. So I can see them blocking me rather than quarantine on me when I return. However common sense dictates that I stay home for 10 days after returning to be safe

"Or is it because Eid is tomorrow......who knows......bit of a sudden announcement.

Controversial "

to br honest with the areas being locked down and the research Grant's being given to see why its affecting ethnic groups differently I did think the same. Does that mean we will see a national lockdown at Christmas again then though

Controversial "

but very true. There would be no social distancing at all and it's been reported certain ethnic groups are more at risk of contacting Corona. Sad but true.

Controversial but very true. There would be no social distancing at all and it's been reported certain ethnic groups are more at risk of contacting Corona. Sad but true. "

Do muslims go to the pub?

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 09:36:14]

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Controversial but very true. There would be no social distancing at all and it's been reported certain ethnic groups are more at risk of contacting Corona. Sad but true.

Do muslims go to the pub?"

Yes. Its alcohol they don't normally consume.

Controversial but very true. There would be no social distancing at all and it's been reported certain ethnic groups are more at risk of contacting Corona. Sad but true.

Do muslims go to the pub? some do. Some eat pork too. "

But, if the pub is operating correctly, seperate tables...spaced out with table service only (as tgey are around here). So that isnt the problem.

The problem is people not following the tighter guidelines. The situation has arisen due to not following guidelines in the first place....so unlikely to do so now.

Sadly, and not wishing this to sound racist in any way, the ficus does seem to be around particular communities, perhaps where social distancing is less adhered to?

Yes. Its alcohol they don't normally consume."

Ok....still trying to get my head around the restrictions. And not pointing fingers ,like eating pork as the other poster above pointed out

Ok....still trying to get my head around the restrictions. And not pointing fingers ,like eating pork as the other poster above pointed out "

you asked do they consume alcohol and I said yes some do and some also eat pork. In other words they are not strict muslims. That was all I was saying .

Falkirk

Ok....still trying to get my head around the restrictions. And not pointing fingers ,like eating pork as the other poster above pointed out "

You could open a can of worms with this if your not careful lol.

How someone handles thier religious beliefs is entirely up to them.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Ok....still trying to get my head around the restrictions. And not pointing fingers ,like eating pork as the other poster above pointed out

"

Yep some of them there Muslims are not as devout as us good ole Christians

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Some guys aren't particularly straight either though they say they are.

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 10:10:53]

"Some guys aren't particularly straight either though they say they are. "
no idea what this has got to do with muslims or covid 19

"

It's the way the govt is handling it that I'm trying to get my head around.

The way it was rushed in with no briefing at 9pm.

Eid was mentioned at the beginning of the quote....so it's not unjust to ask the question.

Falkirk

Did was mentioned at the beginning of the quote....so it's not unjust to ask the question."

I'm with you on that. Seems like another knee jerk reaction, however there will be a reason.

Just depends on the offical one given

Here's the thing. Not every area of Greater Manchester has a large Muslim community.

"Here's the thing. Not every area of Greater Manchester has a large Muslim community."

As I said the new restrictions do not make sense to me...if the problem is bad I think the restrictions are too light.

Its baffling me.

"Some guys aren't particularly straight either though they say they are. no idea what this has got to do with muslims or covid 19 "

More then likely a pop at someone

"Some guys aren't particularly straight either though they say they are. no idea what this has got to do with muslims or covid 19

More then likely a pop at someone"

evidently

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I have found it quite hard to make sense of a lot of the ways the restrictions have been brought in and out, so to be fair this is just another one of those to me.

near ipswich

Eid was mentioned at the beginning of the quote....so it's not unjust to ask the question.

"

Rushed in at 9pm how did you work that out? If they had announced it first thing this morning the media would be saying why didnt you tell us last night so we could get the message across this morning.Some people find anything to moan about.As a matter of interest when in your opinion would have been the right time?

Immediate lockdown.

This virus is turning the country into a police state. Democracy is dead.

Rushed in at 9pm how did you work that out? If they had announced it first thing this morning the media would be saying why didnt you tell us last night so we could get the message across this morning.Some people find anything to moan about.As a matter of interest when in your opinion would have been the right time?"

24 hours notice

near ipswich

"Immediate lockdown.

This virus is turning the country into a police state. Democracy is dead."

But its not a lockdown

near ipswich

Rushed in at 9pm how did you work that out? If they had announced it first thing this morning the media would be saying why didnt you tell us last night so we could get the message across this morning.Some people find anything to moan about.As a matter of interest when in your opinion would have been the right time?

24 hours notice "

Why? does it take that long to sink in.

Leicester, Blackburn, Manchester.

Whats the unspoken common denominator.

They all won the Premiership.

Everyone move to Tottenham.

Rushed in at 9pm how did you work that out? If they had announced it first thing this morning the media would be saying why didnt you tell us last night so we could get the message across this morning.Some people find anything to moan about.As a matter of interest when in your opinion would have been the right time?"

To start with we were promised 5he press briefings would restart when major changes were to be implemented.

It did not happen and this seems as it was all made on the hoof with one Tory mp saying one thing this morning...only to be changed by another. I know your love for them has no boundaries...but to some of us ,we try try..to make logic from what is happening.

24 hours notice Why? does it take that long to sink in."

‘Sink in’ ?

liverpool

"cant meet up with someone from a different household at there house but your ok to meet up with them and a group of people at a club or pub,makes perfect sense from boris yet again!

How are the strict social distancing measures in your home working out for you?

One way system in and out, 1-2m distance between people, hand sanitizing stations at regular points, restriction on number of people allowed inside at any time - anyone not adhering to these rules are asked to leave ?

"

They have that in place at all pubs?

"Immediate lockdown.

This virus is turning the country into a police state. Democracy is dead."

it's not a lockdown. Its restrictions...for now!!

near ipswich

To start with we were promised 5he press briefings would restart when major changes were to be implemented.

It did not happen and this seems as it was all made on the hoof with one Tory mp saying one thing this morning...only to be changed by another. I know your love for them has no boundaries...but to some of us ,we try try..to make logic from what is happening. "

Its not a case of love for them but love the way people make a song and dance over nothing.Is it really that hard this morning to ring your family and say sorry i cant come round yours now or meet you down the pub we could meet up in a beer garden or the park though? Do people actually need 24 hours to do that?

liverpool

Of course the thing they darent say is multi generation ethnic households meeting for Eid are spreading it in most of these areas."

Because you can go to a pub and mix with them there perhaps?

It did not happen and this seems as it was all made on the hoof with one Tory mp saying one thing this morning...only to be changed by another. I know your love for them has no boundaries...but to some of us ,we try try..to make logic from what is happening. Its not a case of love for them but love the way people make a song and dance over nothing.Is it really that hard this morning to ring your family and say sorry i cant come round yours now or meet you down the pub we could meet up in a beer garden or the park though? Do people actually need 24 hours to do that?"

People have children who were relying on family to provide childcare whilst they work today.

liverpool

"Leicester, Blackburn, Manchester.

Everyone move to Tottenham."

near ipswich

It did not happen and this seems as it was all made on the hoof with one Tory mp saying one thing this morning...only to be changed by another. I know your love for them has no boundaries...but to some of us ,we try try..to make logic from what is happening. Its not a case of love for them but love the way people make a song and dance over nothing.Is it really that hard this morning to ring your family and say sorry i cant come round yours now or meet you down the pub we could meet up in a beer garden or the park though? Do people actually need 24 hours to do that?

People have children who were relying on family to provide childcare whilst they work today. "

yesDoes my household include close family members?

Your household – as defined in law – is only the people you live with. If you have formed a support bubble (which must include a single adult household i.e. people who live alone or single parents with dependent children aged under 18) these can be treated as if they are members of your household. this should cover that problem.Have a nice day moaning im of down the beach.

It did not happen and this seems as it was all made on the hoof with one Tory mp saying one thing this morning...only to be changed by another. I know your love for them has no boundaries...but to some of us ,we try try..to make logic from what is happening. Its not a case of love for them but love the way people make a song and dance over nothing.Is it really that hard this morning to ring your family and say sorry i cant come round yours now or meet you down the pub we could meet up in a beer garden or the park though? Do people actually need 24 hours to do that?

People have children who were relying on family to provide childcare whilst they work today. yesDoes my household include close family members?

Your household – as defined in law – is only the people you live with. If you have formed a support bubble (which must include a single adult household i.e. people who live alone or single parents with dependent children aged under 18) these can be treated as if they are members of your household. this should cover that problem.Have a nice day moaning im of down the beach. "

I am not moaning, it is what it is. You asked a question, I gave my opinion, you dismissed it as usual in order to defend your hero Boris . Enjoy your day at the beach ,

harrow

I decided to take the sensible option and not travel to Manchester

My anger at this is that this should have been covered under a 5pm press Confrence and not on a Ministers twitter feed at 9pm

To shut down 2.4 million people with less than 4 hours notice is bordering on crazy. I am not saying not to do the shut down but shutdown pubs and hospitality as well

That is not happening the guidance is actually very very vague

"I decided to take the sensible option and not travel to Manchester

My anger at this is that this should have been covered under a 5pm press Confrence and not on a Ministers twitter feed at 9pm

To shut down 2.4 million people with less than 4 hours notice is bordering on crazy. I am not saying not to do the shut down but shutdown pubs and hospitality as well

"

I totally agree

Newcastle and Gateshead

Perhaps it's your perception rather than fact"

In a pub you can still eat or drink within your bubble... if the whole point of the swinging clubs at the moment is to socialise... but you are not allowed to mix under the restrictions indoors to do that.. that was why I said what I did

It wasn’t meant as a dig or a slight

Boris is on now giving that rather late briefing...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I decided to take the sensible option and not travel to Manchester

"

Scottish government have just said to people not to travel to the affected areas in the north of England....

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Here in Spain dozens if not hundreds of religious and cultural events have been cancelled because of the virus.

In Germany Oktoberfest has been cancelled because of the virus.

Millions have had their holiday plans thrown into chaos because of the virus.

Millions of football fans cannot go to the match because of the virus.

People are losing their businesses and jobs because of the virus.

Most importantly people are dying because of the virus.

So does anyone really think that I give a shit about another religious festival being cancelled because of the virus?

Let me think about it for a nanosecond... Er No.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think the chief medical officer probably said the thing that should be listened to the most

“I think we have reached the outside limits of what we can do and open without there being a big rise in cases”

So this may be the normal for a while

Newcastle and Gateshead

Everyone move to Tottenham."

This made me laugh... I think after yesterday people in Newcastle are breathing a sigh lol

The Northumbria tourism board have ask if they can nick that for a slogan

I work with 100s of people in Manchester,the management sent 10 home yesterday and 3 more a on the day,the infection rate is definitely rising, however a lot more people are getting tested so more cases will come to light

"I work with 100s of people in Manchester,the management sent 10 home yesterday and 3 more a on the day,the infection rate is definitely rising, however a lot more people are getting tested so more cases will come to light"

On tuesday*

"I think the chief medical officer probably said the thing that should be listened to the most

“I think we have reached the outside limits of what we can do and open without there being a big rise in cases”

So this may be the normal for a while "

And also mentioning about the winter months being very challenging.

I think in them months it will revert to what we call a full lockdown again.

Just my thoughts.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think this and the others inevitably to come will keep happening until such time as the penny drops that for the foreseeable future things will need to be done differently to prior the pandemic..

"I think the chief medical officer probably said the thing that should be listened to the most

So this may be the normal for a while

And also mentioning about the winter months being very challenging.

I think in them months it will revert to what we call a full lockdown again.

Just my thoughts."

Yep,iv said this all along, we are in this for the long haul, possibly years, this is just the biggining

This Muslim festively won't help, I work with loads of Muslims who have took time off to celebrate,the weather won't help with more people out and about

"This Muslim festively won't help, I work with loads of Muslims who have took time off to celebrate,the weather won't help with more people out and about"

Like someone said earlier,a lot of all religious festivals have been cancelled here and all around the world.

If they have to go ahead I hope thet do so with plenty of caution.

This made me laugh... I think after yesterday people in Newcastle are breathing a sigh lol

The Northumbria tourism board have ask if they can nick that for a slogan "

No body in Newcastle is breathing a sigh of relief from yesterdays news .

Are you for real .

If it was any of the top 6 it would of passed months ago.

liverpool

Are you for real .

"

Ha ha

It's a conspiracy I tells ya.

Probs best not to have owners linked with war crimes tbf

liverpool

Why is goodwood going ahead?

Apparently they are expecting thousands?

"Why is goodwood going ahead?

Apparently they are expecting thousands?"

Will they ever learn ffs

Are you for real .

Ha ha

It's a conspiracy I tells ya.

Probs best not to have owners linked with war crimes tbf"

Instead we are still stuck with the fat cockney bastard milking our club dry

No conspiracy the top 6 all lodged complaints to the premier league .

Dont want those pesky geordies spoiling a good thing eh ?

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

I can come to work in g.manchester but cant go see my work friends in their house or garden ??? Explain that 1 .k

By *ass and kinkWoman  over a year ago

kinxville

"This Muslim festively won't help, I work with loads of Muslims who have took time off to celebrate,the weather won't help with more people out and about

Like someone said earlier,a lot of all religious festivals have been cancelled here and all around the world.

If they have to go ahead I hope thet do so with plenty of caution. "

Unfortunately safety has been disregarded, photos have already been taken of a large gathering of Muslims in close proximity of each other.

"This Muslim festively won't help, I work with loads of Muslims who have took time off to celebrate,the weather won't help with more people out and about

Unfortunately safety has been disregarded, photos have already been taken of a large gathering of Muslims in close proximity of each other. "

Inside or out? and wearing masks or not?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

So, I read that the outbreaks are from families mixing in household groups indoors without social distancing, that's why that has been stopped. If the outbreaks aren't from pubs or work places why would they close those?

Unfortunately safety has been disregarded, photos have already been taken of a large gathering of Muslims in close proximity of each other.

Inside or out? and wearing masks or not?"

Exactly. Just like the parks, demonstrations and beaches. The common denominator is that being outside does not appear to result in a sharp uptick in cases.

near ipswich

Apparently they are expecting thousands?"

Why ? horseracing is taking place behind closed doors and has been since starting, why would 1000,s descend on goodwood knowing this?

liverpool

Apparently they are expecting thousands?Why ? horseracing is taking place behind closed doors and has been since starting, why would 1000,s descend on goodwood knowing this? "

Hence the question mark

liverpool

Apparently they are expecting thousands?Why ? horseracing is taking place behind closed doors and has been since starting, why would 1000,s descend on goodwood knowing this? "

Its open to members.. expecting 5000

near ipswich

Apparently they are expecting thousands?Why ? horseracing is taking place behind closed doors and has been since starting, why would 1000,s descend on goodwood knowing this?

Hence the question mark

"

So what are you actually asking why is horse racing going on?

Leeds

" Just like the parks, demonstrations and beaches. The common denominator is that being outside does not appear to result in a sharp uptick in cases."

A couple of weeks ago there were 7000 Leeds United fans crammed into a city centre square but Leeds hasn't been included in the latest West Yorkshire lockdown.

The good thing is that if the cancel Christmas at 21:00 on Christmas Eve there won’t be a backlash.

near ipswich

Apparently they are expecting thousands?Why ? horseracing is taking place behind closed doors and has been since starting, why would 1000,s descend on goodwood knowing this?

Its open to members.. expecting 5000"

That has been postponed for at least 2 weeks now in with other trial events,the snooker which was the 1st is stopping from tomorrow too.