FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Whats Really Going On with This Virus

Whats Really Going On with This Virus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *om girl OP   Couple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Im not 100% sure whats going on.

what puzzles Us

People was dying of other things and was putting Corona on death Certificate...now their more people apparently catching it accourding to the Media But Death Rates lower...

And if youve not noticed no news outlet taking about it

Just on about infections rates etc.

But surly the more people catching it higher Death Rate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

UK column news

Woth alook

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Im not 100% sure whats going on.

what puzzles Us

People was dying of other things and was putting Corona on death Certificate...now their more people apparently catching it accourding to the Media But Death Rates lower...

"

Do you have any idea the timespan people go through before their body finally gives up the fight?

Infection rates go up... 12-14 days later hospital admissions go up... those who don’t make it could be fighting infection for months.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"UK column news

Woth alook"

Very interesting articles.. Well worth a read.

"UK column news

Woth a look"

Very interesting articles.. Well worth a read

Completely unbiased source and written by such educated people!!!

Education in this country has become a joke if anyone can fall for this shit.

By *ushtush300Couple  over a year ago

Southport

More testing equals more cases simples

"UK column news

Woth alook

Very interesting articles.. Well worth a read. "

No, it isn't. It's another source of conspiracy theory bollocks. Doctors are NOT being told to put Covid on every death certificate. I personally know people who have died during lockdown from non Covid reasons, there was no mention of Covid or suggestion of putting anything relating to it on their death certificate. Yes there are a lot having Covid put down, there is a bloody obvious reason for this. We are in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic and a lot of people are genuinely dying from it.

Conspiracy theories spread fear and panic, they prevent people from accepting genuine treatments, they prevent people from going to see professionals and they try to self treat with "alternative" therapies. This kills people.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

what puzzles Us

"

More people catching it but death rates lower. That can easily be explained. The virus is spreading globally at an exponential rate. For this to happen, R rate needs to be above 1. However, because covid-19 spread quickly in Europe and countries failed to protect their elderly their were many victims. Now, in countries like the US, Brazil and India where the virus is running rampant, the deaths are lower because the vulnerable are being protected through PPE etc and higher testing rates which help curb the virus spread.

The recent increase in rates in Spain is being blamed on the 18-25 age group who are unlikely to die from the virus but whilst it spreads the vulnerable will continue to be protected which they weren't at the start of the outbreak.

In the UK, positive rates have settled but the care homes and care services are well protected now. If we see a jump in cases we won't necessarily see a proportional jump in death rates compared to the march-may period.

In Scotland we have seen small cluster outbreaks in work places but the authorities have managed to keep these under control by testing.

The reporting of covid on death certificates when died of something else has been completely misinterpreted and exaggerated. For example, in theory, if someone has tested positive for covid but then gets hit by a bus and dies their death is shows covid on death certificate. It shouldn't have been. However, the chances of the average person dying in any given year is about 0.5% which suggests that for any positive movie test, they will die of something completely unrelated. So, 300k tests taken, 500 may die of something else like being hit by a bus, a car accident, cancer or heart attack. 500 out of the 46k is only 1%. 45.5k is still a lot of deaths and doesn't consider those who died without a test having been taken. There will be plenty of covid related deaths where covid hasn't been tested for or suspected.

scotland

"UK column news

Woth alook

No, it isn't. It's another source of conspiracy theory bollocks. Doctors are NOT being told to put Covid on every death certificate. I personally know people who have died during lockdown from non Covid reasons, there was no mention of Covid or suggestion of putting anything relating to it on their death certificate. Yes there are a lot having Covid put down, there is a bloody obvious reason for this. We are in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic and a lot of people are genuinely dying from it.

Conspiracy theories spread fear and panic, they prevent people from accepting genuine treatments, they prevent people from going to see professionals and they try to self treat with "alternative" therapies. This kills people."

Well said. You just need to glance at UK columns and there is a perfectly plausible reason for the points that they make.

It amazes me that people so easily dismiss the mainstream media but read the nonsense posted on conspiracy sites.

I also wonder the same of why they take them cases and write it of as covid and as well manipulating the figures, are there a political gain from it?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

What i will say is that some people in "end of life care homes" where there was a case of covid had covid on their death cert where they would have died anyway but dont believe in conspiracy theories.

Because people will look for something that will fit their own narrative. It may be conspiracy, uncorroborated, scientifically unsound but they will use to their own advantage.

Anti - vaxxers are a great example of doing this. Our current situation has been politicised to the extreme so people will search for their own narrative even more.

‘We must open the economy’

‘I’m being controlled by being asked to wear a mask’

‘I’m not giving people my details for track and trace - against my liberty’

It’s very easy to find something in words or on video that will suit what you want to say.

"UK column news

Woth alook

Conspiracy theories spread fear and panic, they prevent people from accepting genuine treatments, they prevent people from going to see professionals and they try to self treat with "alternative" therapies. This kills people.

Well said. You just need to glance at UK columns and there is a perfectly plausible reason for the points that they make.

It amazes me that people so easily dismiss the mainstream media but read the nonsense posted on conspiracy sites.

"

‘Where they would have died anyway?’ What kind of thing is that to say. Regardless of being end of life care homes doesn’t mean to say that they are going to die there and then. The most uncompassionate and heartless sentence I’ve heard throughout all of this.

I’d take a conspiracy theory over that any day.

"What i will say is that some people in "end of life care homes" where there was a case of covid had covid on their death cert where they would have died anyway but dont believe in conspiracy theories. "

I've been told from a nurse friend that its not a virus but a treatable bacterium

"I've been told from a nurse friend that its not a virus but a treatable bacterium "

Then they told you wrong.

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

"I've been told from a nurse friend that its not a virus but a treatable bacterium "

Maybe pass that on the Chris Whitty et al.

Of course you have. Look just because she was wearing a nurses outfit

Nurse needs to retrain then!!

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Really? I mean..REALLY?

With all the medical evidence suggesting otherwise?

By *east2000Man  over a year ago

london

What happened to all the bodies that were supposed to be piling up in third world countries because they can’t social distance? Nobody seems to know what’s going on, changing the rules every so often it’s a joke.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

what puzzles Us

"

Not true because the hospitals are dealing with it better also possibly the very weakest are all ready dead sadly

That is because those that are most vulnerable have been shielding. Also care homes have a grip on it now.

Highest infection rate is in those under 40.

They are least lightly to die but it is who they spead to that is the problem.

By *oitionCouple  over a year ago

Lancs

what puzzles Us

Not true because the hospitals are dealing with it better also possibly the very weakest are all ready dead sadly"

I was talking to someone who has been working continuously in the ICU throughout this and she said something very similar. Sadly she has signed over 40 death certificates, but says the last 2 months have been very different with only 1 death from covid, which she also stated that he was a very poorly chap and was likely to die without being positive, the general feeling was that whilst some people are still requiring hospital treatment they aren't becoming so unwell that they fear they may lose them, and her personal feeling was that it has weakened. She also said that she feels it has taken the majority of people that were most vulnerable.. and whilst that is still very hard to accept it is a positive in the battle against this. I really do hope that is the case.

"UK column news

Woth alook"

Right wing conspiracy theory site

what puzzles Us

Not true because the hospitals are dealing with it better also possibly the very weakest are all ready dead sadly

I was talking to someone who has been working continuously in the ICU throughout this and she said something very similar. Sadly she has signed over 40 death certificates, but says the last 2 months have been very different with only 1 death from covid, which she also stated that he was a very poorly chap and was likely to die without being positive, the general feeling was that whilst some people are still requiring hospital treatment they aren't becoming so unwell that they fear they may lose them, and her personal feeling was that it has weakened. She also said that she feels it has taken the majority of people that were most vulnerable.. and whilst that is still very hard to accept it is a positive in the battle against this. I really do hope that is the case."

I know people who have said very similar.

A couple of my friends who are nurses or doctors have said they think that the virus has weaken slightly but also they have got better at treating it.

Their biggest concern is that they get too many at the same time.

"I've been told from a nurse friend that its not a virus but a treatable bacterium

Nurse needs to retrain then!!"

As a script writer...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The media isn't the best source of accurate reflections of scientific or medical news. The government also uses spin to create and manipulate your opinions and behaviour. Only scientific research evidence is clear.

Treatment options and care are better, partly due to experience. The virus is leaving many, including those who had mild symptoms, with longer term or permanent damage. Death rates are 1 option for monitoring how we are doing. Some areas are getting spikes to numbers.

Generally across all of society, it appears to have a low death rate but that ignores the months of awful symptoms and organ failure, including brain damage that people are getting.

The UK has lowered its prevalence rates, it's safer here than weeks ago. But behaviour can lead to a few people spreading it to many, suddenly posing risks to communities.

It's not over any time soon but the drive to open business for millions of people to spend means that we've increased risks again. If we're careful, we can keep rates suppressed

Lancs

"I know people who have said very similar.

A couple of my friends who are nurses or doctors have said they think that the virus has weaken slightly but also they have got better at treating it.

Their biggest concern is that they get too many at the same time."

Yeah, hopefully at this stage, with localised lockdowns/restrictions in place whenever there is a surge, that will keep cases to a minimum without putting too much strain on the system.

This obviously remains to be seen in regards to public behaviour!

Either way, with better understanding of how to treat and a (hopefully) weakened virus things are starting to look a little more positive.

"I was talking to someone who has been working continuously in the ICU throughout this and she said something very similar. Sadly she has signed over 40 death certificates, but says the last 2 months have been very different with only 1 death from covid, which she also stated that he was a very poorly chap and was likely to die without being positive, the general feeling was that whilst some people are still requiring hospital treatment they aren't becoming so unwell that they fear they may lose them, and her personal feeling was that it has weakened. She also said that she feels it has taken the majority of people that were most vulnerable.. and whilst that is still very hard to accept it is a positive in the battle against this. I really do hope that is the case."

I’d be interested to know what trust they work at. 1 death in 2 months is almost miraculous compared to most.

There are better treatments and therapies available since the early weeks. This has had a positive impact on survival rates within hospitals but sadly ICU is still statistically a spin of a coin especially for those ventilated.

We see a death every 2-3 days currently, sadly our admissions are also increasing once more.

I don’t agree with the suggested general feeling, I think most ICU’s or trusts in general appreciate those in care are better protected which has gad a positive impact, likewise a better understanding of the illness and associated therapies has helped survival rates, Particularly the younger. The virus however is as lethal as ever, every study and variant report confirms that.

Most estimates for the population infected thus far are less than 1% which is supported by the antibody testing figures, a quick look at the numbers still left in residential care, the population over the age of 75 etc says very clearly the virus has plenty of deaths left in it.

If you want to do a terrifying bit of maths if you take our death rate and apply it to a theoretical ‘herd immunity’ of 60% of the population it is 6.4 million. I personally feel the estimation that we are only accounting 1 in 10 infections currently, even that puts us at a death toll of 640,000 before the virus would naturally regress.

The last point I would say is this concept of “was going to die anyway”, that can be applied to any of us.... this child passed away but was going to die anyway (in a car crash age 78). Life is a span of time and whether it’s months, years or decades it’s important to realise that every COVID-19 patient who passes away has lost out to the virus, none of their families will shrug their shoulders and talk of it in that way.

I hope your friend is alright, I have to say our ICU team has changed dramatically over the past 6 months, the medics in particular have had a horrific time and it shows in their faces.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

what puzzles Us

More people catching it but death rates lower. That can easily be explained. The virus is spreading globally at an exponential rate. For this to happen, R rate needs to be above 1. However, because covid-19 spread quickly in Europe and countries failed to protect their elderly their were many victims. Now, in countries like the US, Brazil and India where the virus is running rampant, the deaths are lower because the vulnerable are being protected through PPE etc and higher testing rates which help curb the virus spread.

The recent increase in rates in Spain is being blamed on the 18-25 age group who are unlikely to die from the virus but whilst it spreads the vulnerable will continue to be protected which they weren't at the start of the outbreak.

In the UK, positive rates have settled but the care homes and care services are well protected now. If we see a jump in cases we won't necessarily see a proportional jump in death rates compared to the march-may period.

In Scotland we have seen small cluster outbreaks in work places but the authorities have managed to keep these under control by testing.

The reporting of covid on death certificates when died of something else has been completely misinterpreted and exaggerated. For example, in theory, if someone has tested positive for covid but then gets hit by a bus and dies their death is shows covid on death certificate. It shouldn't have been. However, the chances of the average person dying in any given year is about 0.5% which suggests that for any positive movie test, they will die of something completely unrelated. So, 300k tests taken, 500 may die of something else like being hit by a bus, a car accident, cancer or heart attack. 500 out of the 46k is only 1%. 45.5k is still a lot of deaths and doesn't consider those who died without a test having been taken. There will be plenty of covid related deaths where covid hasn't been tested for or suspected.

"

This

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

what puzzles Us

"

More people are being tested so more positive results, remember, most people that get it have very mild symptoms.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

More people catching it but less people dying is great news - not that you'd know that from the msm

Lancs

"I was talking to someone who has been working continuously in the ICU throughout this and she said something very similar. Sadly she has signed over 40 death certificates, but says the last 2 months have been very different with only 1 death from covid, which she also stated that he was a very poorly chap and was likely to die without being positive, the general feeling was that whilst some people are still requiring hospital treatment they aren't becoming so unwell that they fear they may lose them, and her personal feeling was that it has weakened. She also said that she feels it has taken the majority of people that were most vulnerable.. and whilst that is still very hard to accept it is a positive in the battle against this. I really do hope that is the case.

I’d be interested to know what trust they work at. 1 death in 2 months is almost miraculous compared to most.

I'm afraid I'm not sure on that one, it would be localised to the North West though.

There are better treatments and therapies available since the early weeks. This has had a positive impact on survival rates within hospitals but sadly ICU is still statistically a spin of a coin especially for those ventilated.

I suppose this is the important part, whether ventilation is required, are you finding that the requirement for that is still as high, or is it something that doctors are trying to avoid?

We see a death every 2-3 days currently, sadly our admissions are also increasing once more.

That's incredibly sad, and I can't comprehend the toll that its paying on everyone concerned.

I don’t agree with the suggested general feeling, I think most ICU’s or trusts in general appreciate those in care are better protected which has gad a positive impact, likewise a better understanding of the illness and associated therapies has helped survival rates, Particularly the younger. The virus however is as lethal as ever, every study and variant report confirms that.

Most estimates for the population infected thus far are less than 1% which is supported by the antibody testing figures, a quick look at the numbers still left in residential care, the population over the age of 75 etc says very clearly the virus has plenty of deaths left in it.

If you want to do a terrifying bit of maths if you take our death rate and apply it to a theoretical ‘herd immunity’ of 60% of the population it is 6.4 million. I personally feel the estimation that we are only accounting 1 in 10 infections currently, even that puts us at a death toll of 640,000 before the virus would naturally regress.

I guess, psychologically, whenever we hear anything positive from somebody working hard against this on the front line we grasp on to it, anything to stop the fear and misinformation getting into our heads. Obviously I don't have the medical knowledge to back up my earlier post, but thank you for your concise reply.. its good to hear you feel the therapies and protection are improving chances.

The last point I would say is this concept of “was going to die anyway”, that can be applied to any of us.... this child passed away but was going to die anyway (in a car crash age 78). Life is a span of time and whether it’s months, years or decades it’s important to realise that every COVID-19 patient who passes away has lost out to the virus, none of their families will shrug their shoulders and talk of it in that way.

Yes, I do agree with this - any death is still one that has to be respected, I didn't want to come across as flippant, in this case she did state he was at end of life care and that was only mentioned because she was making the point that he was the only covid death in the last 2 months. I can appreciate they must be fortunate to have drastically reduced numbers where they are.

I hope your friend is alright, I have to say our ICU team has changed dramatically over the past 6 months, the medics in particular have had a horrific time and it shows in their faces.

You're right, she looked mentally and physically exhausted and I think she just needed to offload. She said she's continuously been working 12 hour shifts plus overtime due to the amount of staff needing to isolate. Fortunately she has 2 weeks off now, though I doubt that will be enough, the horror of this will stay with everyone working within the care sectors."

By *hingy2Woman  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"I was talking to someone who has been working continuously in the ICU throughout this and she said something very similar. Sadly she has signed over 40 death certificates, but says the last 2 months have been very different with only 1 death from covid, which she also stated that he was a very poorly chap and was likely to die without being positive, the general feeling was that whilst some people are still requiring hospital treatment they aren't becoming so unwell that they fear they may lose them, and her personal feeling was that it has weakened. She also said that she feels it has taken the majority of people that were most vulnerable.. and whilst that is still very hard to accept it is a positive in the battle against this. I really do hope that is the case.

I hope your friend is alright, I have to say our ICU team has changed dramatically over the past 6 months, the medics in particular have had a horrific time and it shows in their faces. "

Hey guys

With the end of life subject. Usually it means they haven't got long to live, cpl weeks, cpl months...but if they did get Covid19 they are obviously very poorly/weak already and don't stand a chance against the virus or any other virus/bug they might pick up xxx

"More testing equals more cases simples "

This basically. The general public weren't being tested during the initial height of it so any cases were going unrecognised and uncounted even if still out there.

"You're right, she looked mentally and physically exhausted and I think she just needed to offload. She said she's continuously been working 12 hour shifts plus overtime due to the amount of staff needing to isolate. Fortunately she has 2 weeks off now, though I doubt that will be enough, the horror of this will stay with everyone working within the care sectors."

I didn’t read your post as at all flippant, on the contrary it was very engaging. I think when you are stuck in one tiny area of this covid battle you do wonder if your experience is echoed in other areas.

The “underlying conditions” stats irritate me to be honest, they are often quoted on the forums etc and presented as people with days to live, I wasn’t targeting your reference at all. To outline but a few patients with underlying conditions I’ve had pass away; a 21 year old asthmatic, several non insulin dependent diabetics in their 30’s, a young mum who recovered from pneumonia 2 years ago

I suspect like us your friends department have gone from caring 1:1 to 1:5, 1:6. That’s hard, add in do it all in PPE and it’s harder. There have been a lot of lows in the past months, I served in Kosovo and amongst the lack of any real conflict I did experience the odd glimpse of the atrocities left by ethnic cleansing. In truth I’ve found covid worst, perhaps because of duration, perhaps the lack of a finish line but undoubtedly the knowledge this can get worst.

I’m central Manchester and I have to admit just under a week ago we all noticed just a little increase in the patients coming in. It’s going to be very hard if we need to go back to the intensity we had at the peak.

Be good to your mate, whatever she’s told you it’s only a fraction of her story x

By *estrained_DallianceMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"UK column news

Woth alook

Conspiracy theories spread fear and panic, they prevent people from accepting genuine treatments, they prevent people from going to see professionals and they try to self treat with "alternative" therapies. This kills people."

"You're right, she looked mentally and physically exhausted and I think she just needed to offload. She said she's continuously been working 12 hour shifts plus overtime due to the amount of staff needing to isolate. Fortunately she has 2 weeks off now, though I doubt that will be enough, the horror of this will stay with everyone working within the care sectors.

I didn’t read your post as at all flippant, on the contrary it was very engaging. I think when you are stuck in one tiny area of this covid battle you do wonder if your experience is echoed in other areas.

The “underlying conditions” stats irritate me to be honest, they are often quoted on the forums etc and presented as people with days to live, I wasn’t targeting your reference at all. To outline but a few patients with underlying conditions I’ve had pass away; a 21 year old asthmatic, several non insulin dependent diabetics in their 30’s, a young mum who recovered from pneumonia 2 years ago

I suspect like us your friends department have gone from caring 1:1 to 1:5, 1:6. That’s hard, add in do it all in PPE and it’s harder. There have been a lot of lows in the past months, I served in Kosovo and amongst the lack of any real conflict I did experience the odd glimpse of the atrocities left by ethnic cleansing. In truth I’ve found covid worst, perhaps because of duration, perhaps the lack of a finish line but undoubtedly the knowledge this can get worst.

I’m central Manchester and I have to admit just under a week ago we all noticed just a little increase in the patients coming in. It’s going to be very hard if we need to go back to the intensity we had at the peak.

Be good to your mate, whatever she’s told you it’s only a fraction of her story x"

Couldn't agree more.

Iv been sick of people saying "its only the sick and the old".

It really doesn't matter its a terrible way to die and traumatic for the families.

I'm in the very high risk group.

Yes i have an underlying condition but I work, I have friends, I have a family and a life to live.

So underlying health condition doesn't mean at deaths door.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

It can do some very strange things, that is for sure!

I`m assuming it was genuine but there was a clip on FB from a mobile hair dresser who was in pieces after attempting to colour a customer`s hair but it had gone wrong. The customer had "recovered" from the virus and decided that as things had eased she would have her hair done to cheer her up. Fair enough. It was her usual hairdresser and they were using the very same product as they always had and with no previous issues so there was nothing to worry about, or so they thought!

With five minutes of starting to apply the product, the customer had breathing difficulties, the hairdresser was frantically trying to remove the product and an ambulance was needed to rush the customer back to hospital blue lights job!

I also had a friend who after "recovering" had cellulitis and has since passed away. They couldn`t do a thing for him in hospital.

I don`t think the virus kills you but it`s certainly not helping you if you something else!

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

"UK column news

Woth alook

"

And the main stream media is never full of nonsense, has never lied, has never misled? I don't dismiss the MSM but I certainly don't believe a all it says!

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

For the last month or so care home staff have had to be tested weekly. As I'm sure many others have... and now cases are rising.

If 80% of people are asymptomatic then a month ago they wouldnt have been tested if they didnt have symptoms. Now if they have a high risk job or whatever they will be.

Also people weren't routinely tested in the beginning just told to isolate.

So yes now we will show as having more cases because more are being tested.

Not a conspiracy or anything just facts. I work in a team of 45 all being tested weekly. When none of us wouldve been tested back in May unless we had symptoms.

By *om girl OP   Couple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

Well my friend died and they did put corona on death Certificate also on Bbc news they said if you had corona and was ok and got died by a bus weeks later they put Corona

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

China is very quiet now

we dont seem to hear anything on the news !!!!!

scotland

"Well my friend died and they did put corona on death Certificate also on Bbc news they said if you had corona and was ok and got died by a bus weeks later they put Corona "

I think that was all very theoretical rather...

scotland

"UK column news

Woth alook

And the main stream media is never full of nonsense, has never lied, has never misled? I don't dismiss the MSM but I certainly don't believe a all it says!

"

I've not suggested this at all.

I hope your friend is alright, I have to say our ICU team has changed dramatically over the past 6 months, the medics in particular have had a horrific time and it shows in their faces. "

Possibly somewhere in the North East. The virus seems to have largely disappeared from there.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

It's not news any more. It's become daily life. We've become punch d*unk with it all & it no longer shocks us. Daily briefings have dwindled & the news shows beaches & natiobal parks packed with people who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. So what's another hundred on the daily death toll when it doesn't affect you personally? Shocking levels of selfishness in a nation.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Well my friend died and they did put corona on death Certificate also on Bbc news they said if you had corona and was ok and got died by a bus weeks later they put Corona "

I can categorically state nobody has recovered from Covid then been hit by a bus and had Covid on the death certificate. The certifying doctors would be struck off!

teleford

"China is very quiet now

we dont seem to hear anything on the news !!!!!"

Widen your news outlets if you want to hear more about China. we don’t hear much about a lot of places around the world..

Dudley

"Well my friend died and they did put corona on death Certificate also on Bbc news they said if you had corona and was ok and got died by a bus weeks later they put Corona

I can categorically state nobody has recovered from Covid then been hit by a bus and had Covid on the death certificate. The certifying doctors would be struck off!"

I'm sure they were mentioning covid on many death certificates, even just as a 'tested positive for covid' comment. They aren't putting it as the cause of death but they definitely were mentioning it on them.

"It's not news any more. It's become daily life. We've become punch d*unk with it all & it no longer shocks us. Daily briefings have dwindled & the news shows beaches & natiobal parks packed with people who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves. So what's another hundred on the daily death toll when it doesn't affect you personally? Shocking levels of selfishness in a nation. "

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

conspiracy theories do not spread fear and panic, they merely question the statements of proven liars, in this case our government. can you also please provide proof of this unprecedented global pandemic, they do not prevent any one going to see professionals, your pal Matt Onehandonbillscock has done that now, by decreeing all doctors appointments are to be over the phone. Also could you provide proof that alternative therapies kill people, that's a very bold statement, and bordering on slander and libel.

Dudley

"conspiracy theories do not spread fear and panic, they merely question the statements of proven liars, in this case our government. can you also please provide proof of this unprecedented global pandemic, they do not prevent any one going to see professionals, your pal Matt Onehandonbillscock has done that now, by decreeing all doctors appointments are to be over the phone. Also could you provide proof that alternative therapies kill people, that's a very bold statement, and bordering on slander and libel."

You want proof there's a pandemic? Are the deaths not enough to convince you?

Dudley

"conspiracy theories do not spread fear and panic, they merely question the statements of proven liars, in this case our government. can you also please provide proof of this unprecedented global pandemic, they do not prevent any one going to see professionals, your pal Matt Onehandonbillscock has done that now, by decreeing all doctors appointments are to be over the phone. Also could you provide proof that alternative therapies kill people, that's a very bold statement, and bordering on slander and libel."

Oh and I think you misunderstood what slander and libel mean.

"What i will say is that some people in "end of life care homes" where there was a case of covid had covid on their death cert where they would have died anyway but dont believe in conspiracy theories. "

If that’s what killed them that’s what killed them. If someone with a terminal cancer diagnosis got hit by a bus you’d still record the RTA as the cause of death, it wouldn’t be cancer as they were “dying anyway”

If someone does with Covid, but it’s not the primary cause of it then it’ll be recorded under part II of the death certificate

Just liked part II of my husband’s death certificate notes T1 Diabetes, even though his cause of death was cancer

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

An accurate death toll from covid is not going to be known for a long time. As mentioned above in england and wales until anyone who tested positive for covidin hospital is recorded as a victim of covid no matter when they die, some people should probably not be counted. In Scotland and Northern Ireland they have a cut off of 28 days after a postive covid test as people can sometimes be ill and on ventilators for many weeks before dying so obviously the numbers will be lower than they should be. The other point is a lot of people will unfortunately have major organ damage, often these will be quiet young people, whose lives will be cut short maybe decades in the future who should also be counted in the covid victims.

If you get hit by a bus while positive for Covid it’ll be in part II of your death certificate. Just the same as if you have diabetes, asthma, HIV or any other long term health condition

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

I'm confused...doctors are still carrying out face to face appointments if you need to be seen, also I didn't realise scientists, epidemiologists, virologists and doctors were liars...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"conspiracy theories do not spread fear and panic, they merely question the statements of proven liars, in this case our government. can you also please provide proof of this unprecedented global pandemic, they do not prevent any one going to see professionals, your pal Matt Onehandonbillscock has done that now, by decreeing all doctors appointments are to be over the phone. Also could you provide proof that alternative therapies kill people, that's a very bold statement, and bordering on slander and libel.

I'm confused...doctors are still carrying out face to face appointments if you need to be seen, also I didn't realise scientists, epidemiologists, virologists and doctors were liars... "

Being wrong or having an opinion you do not agree with does not make them liars

"Well my friend died and they did put corona on death Certificate also on Bbc news they said if you had corona and was ok and got died by a bus weeks later they put Corona

If you get hit by a bus while positive for Covid it’ll be in part II of your death certificate. Just the same as if you have diabetes, asthma, HIV or any other long term health condition "

If you’ve swabbed positive for Covid you are either self isolating in your home, a care home or you are on a hospital ward.

Last time I checked homes, care homes and hospitals have accounted for zero bus related fatalities.

teleford

If you get hit by a bus while positive for Covid it’ll be in part II of your death certificate. Just the same as if you have diabetes, asthma, HIV or any other long term health condition "

If someone gets hit by a bus whilst positive for Covid wtf are they doing anywhere near a bus

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Public Health England are counting test based deaths meaning once you have positive test, your subsequent death will be recorded as a covid death regardless of how long between your positive test and death. WHO are counting certificate based deaths where covid is mentioned on the death certificate. PHE daily count is running at about 30 deaths a day above the WHO count.

Also, although the excess death rate is now below the 5 year average. The excess deaths at home rate is 700 a week above average and 75% of those excess deaths at home don't mention covid. Maybe we are beginning to see the flip side of the overreaction to coronavirus.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Does anyone remember flatten the curve?

"Does anyone remember flatten the curve?"

Yes I do... I think the thinking stopped at about the same time “clap for the NHS” no longer trended on Twitter.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Last time I checked homes, care homes and hospitals have accounted for zero bus related fatalities."

Now you've gone and done it - a bus will hit a care home tonight just to spite you...

"More testing equals more cases simples "

No, more testing capacity means more cases out their are identified and potentially isolate those infected to further stop the spread. A higher number of cases would still be out their unidentified if there was less testing.

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Scientific proof that’s peer reviewed

The BBC and Boris Johnson etc, do not constitute scientific evidence in any way shape or form!!!!

birmingham

"Does anyone remember flatten the curve?"

I remember flatten the sombraro

birmingham

If you get hit by a bus while positive for Covid it’ll be in part II of your death certificate. Just the same as if you have diabetes, asthma, HIV or any other long term health condition .

If someone gets hit by a bus whilst positive for Covid wtf are they doing anywhere near a bus "

Most people won't know they have had it

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"More testing equals more cases simples

No, more testing capacity means more cases out their are identified and potentially isolate those infected to further stop the spread. A higher number of cases would still be out their unidentified if there was less testing. "

Yes, but it is wrong to say there is a resurgence if there are only more positive tests because more people are being tested.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Just because someone dies in a vehicle accident doesn't mean it wasn't Corona's fault.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

hmm so those who have different views to this corona virus are referred to as conspiracy theorists, ok i can live with that, but what do we call those ministers who are public servants aka Government, who tell us that we must not leave our homes, (homes which are defined at law as the fixed abode,) but they take to motorways to head up north to visit family or visit second homes, or those public servants aka Government who tell us that heat kills the virus but then slam us for taking to the beaches in heatwave and tell us we must mask up and return home?

Now those of you who cant wait to get the vaccine pumped into you just to regain your freedom, now Mr Tedros tells us there isnt a silver bullet to kill off this virus? so what do we call those people them???

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"hmm so those who have different views to this corona virus are referred to as conspiracy theorists, ok i can live with that, but what do we call those ministers who are public servants aka Government, who tell us that we must not leave our homes, (homes which are defined at law as the fixed abode,) but they take to motorways to head up north to visit family or visit second homes"

Hyprocrites

" or those public servants aka Government who tell us that heat kills the virus but then slam us for taking to the beaches in heatwave and tell us we must mask up and return home?"

Heat doesn't 'kill the virus' to the extent that people being packed on a beach isn't risky, so there isn't a contradiction here.

" Now those of you who cant wait to get the vaccine pumped into you just to regain your freedom, now Mr Tedros tells us there isnt a silver bullet to kill off this virus? so what do we call those people them???"

Dr Tedros is saying that vaccines in development may not give perfect protection. That's just common sense, they haven't finished development yet.

It doesn't mean that people who would be happy to have a finished, tested vaccine need to be called anything.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Not really that hard to fathom.

More people are being tested. So you'll get more positive confirmed results, rather than people just sat at home isolating with 'suspected' covid 19 symptoms.

Hospitals have gotten better at treating it, and avoiding having to put people on ventilation.

A lot of the weakest, have already passed, especially from care homes.

Elderly and vulnerable have been shielding. So more likely to be younger people transmitting and catching the virus and their morality risk is lower than those who are older.

» Add a new message to this topic