FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vulnerable Shielding

Vulnerable Shielding

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eatrice Badinage OP   Woman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Could you take a minute to think about anyone you know who is shielding and make a step to contact them, lots are stressed with the new rules and we need to support them as much as we can x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

We do a phone around to all family members, especially ones who don't live local.

It's amazing what a little chat, catch up, moan, laugh, gossip can do.

If nothing else, someone is thinking of you and that's a very powerful emotion.

Go on, give someone a call, that relative who's scribbled in your phone book and haven't contacted for years.

They'll love it, if they don't, you've done the right thing.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Going to see my dad in Scotland.

I'm travelling up later today. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer but due to the pandemic he has still not received word of the severity or if treatment is possible.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Going to see my dad in Scotland.

I'm travelling up later today. He has been diagnosed with prostate cancer but due to the pandemic he has still not received word of the severity or if treatment is possible.

"

So sorry for your Dad, I hope things get sorted soon for him

Falkirk

So sorry for your Dad, I hope things get sorted soon for him "

Thank You

Thanks, OP.

I should have been "free" from tomorrow, but no. My area is back in lockdown so all plans cancelled.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Could you take a minute to think about anyone you know who is shielding and make a step to contact them, lots are stressed with the new rules and we need to support them as much as we can x"

That's a great idea.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

Jeez, as if lockdown wasn't enough. Best wishes for your dad, hope they can see him soon.

Falkirk

Jeez, as if lockdown wasn't enough. Best wishes for your dad, hope they can see him soon. "

Cheers. Thank you.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I contact people I know in this position everday online and on the phone it is the least anyone can do.

"Could you take a minute to think about anyone you know who is shielding and make a step to contact them, lots are stressed with the new rules and we need to support them as much as we can x"

Officially shielding ends today

In a Sparkly Dress

"Could you take a minute to think about anyone you know who is shielding and make a step to contact them, lots are stressed with the new rules and we need to support them as much as we can x

Officially shielding ends today"

This is why I started this thread, just because the gov wants vulnerable people back to work, it does not mean it is safe to do so and people will still continue to shield as they are scared of catching coronavirus

"Could you take a minute to think about anyone you know who is shielding and make a step to contact them, lots are stressed with the new rules and we need to support them as much as we can x

This is why I started this thread, just because the gov wants vulnerable people back to work, it does not mean it is safe to do so and people will still continue to shield as they are scared of catching coronavirus "

Ah ok. Sorry I was slow there, I didn't realise.

This is why I started this thread, just because the gov wants vulnerable people back to work, it does not mean it is safe to do so and people will still continue to shield as they are scared of catching coronavirus "

I have been in that group but unfortunately I couldn't stay inside due to family relying on me. But in that time I have always worn masks in any indoor settings. Now it feels a little easier since they have brought mask wearing into a lot of these places.

If I were you ..and you have someone shielding,I would try to take them out with you ...maybe to a bigger supermarket where most seem to wear masks,but try to avoid the little corner shop places were I have notice a lot dont seem to wear them and it's a smaller area in them places.

I think now they need to come out as isolation will be not good for them either...its a fine balance I know.

Ps that's just my thoughts

In a Sparkly Dress

This is why I started this thread, just because the gov wants vulnerable people back to work, it does not mean it is safe to do so and people will still continue to shield as they are scared of catching coronavirus

I have been in that group but unfortunately I couldn't stay inside due to family relying on me. But in that time I have always worn masks in any indoor settings. Now it feels a little easier since they have brought mask wearing into a lot of these places.

If I were you ..and you have someone shielding,I would try to take them out with you ...maybe to a bigger supermarket where most seem to wear masks,but try to avoid the little corner shop places were I have notice a lot dont seem to wear them and it's a smaller area in them places.

I think now they need to come out as isolation will be not good for them either...its a fine balance I know.

Ps that's just my thoughts "

Thank you for your thoughts

My elderly vulnerable people have issues with walking so supermarkets of any size are unfortunately not suitable as people still come very close, so I do their shopping for them and we sit out in the garden and watch the world go past, I see some elderly staring out from their windows and hope to think that hopefully someone is looking out for them too

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We have 6 people who have been shielding who have been given a date that they have to come back by. We work in a large retail environment where some people go just to kill time. I know they are nervous about it because nothings really changed.

Our company don't want to make up the difference in the furlough payment. Talk about pressure!

Logging in my RVS NHS responder app today ready to chat to those who need a friendly voice.

Ps that's just my thoughts

Thank you for your thoughts

My elderly vulnerable people have issues with walking so supermarkets of any size are unfortunately not suitable as people still come very close, so I do their shopping for them and we sit out in the garden and watch the world go past, I see some elderly staring out from their windows and hope to think that hopefully someone is looking out for them too "

Yeah it's never going to be a one size fits all sadly.

But would it be possible to get their neighbour's together once or twice a week if there is a garden big enough to do it maybe?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Took my dad out today to bring some normality back to his life, he was becoming low mood he was nervous, but loved it. Took him to his bank, had a coffee in an almost empty Cafe Nero and got him some new shoes. We've missed going out together

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Officially shielding ends today"

Shielding may have ended but Covid hasn’t gone away. Now, the government wants us all back to work, they have removed all support from us and we feel like we’re being thrown to the wolves. We’re still as vulnerable as we’ve always been. Our mental health has taken a battering over the last 4 months of being locked away. We’re scared to leave the safety of our homes but we now have no choice.

Shielding may have ended but Covid hasn’t gone away. Now, the government wants us all back to work, they have removed all support from us and we feel like we’re being thrown to the wolves. We’re still as vulnerable as we’ve always been. Our mental health has taken a battering over the last 4 months of being locked away. We’re scared to leave the safety of our homes but we now have no choice."

I know. Sent you all back to work at the same time as admitting on the news tonight that a second wave is likely to follow.

Makes you wonder where there thinking is at.

Shielding may have ended but Covid hasn’t gone away. Now, the government wants us all back to work, they have removed all support from us and we feel like we’re being thrown to the wolves. We’re still as vulnerable as we’ve always been. Our mental health has taken a battering over the last 4 months of being locked away. We’re scared to leave the safety of our homes but we now have no choice.

I know. Sent you all back to work at the same time as admitting on the news tonight that a second wave is likely to follow.

Makes you wonder where there thinking is at."

When asked about why pubs are staying open in the north west...boris said there has to be a trade off for the economy. So I think you can see it in that sadly

Shielding may have ended but Covid hasn’t gone away. Now, the government wants us all back to work, they have removed all support from us and we feel like we’re being thrown to the wolves. We’re still as vulnerable as we’ve always been. Our mental health has taken a battering over the last 4 months of being locked away. We’re scared to leave the safety of our homes but we now have no choice."

I was SO geared up for freedom from shielding, but the new rules put me back behind closed doors for goodness knows how long.

I'm pleased that i chose not to shield, i got the scared, nervous feelings out the way at the begining of covid 19. Otherwise i would be nervous now !

» Add a new message to this topic