FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Strategy

Strategy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ntelligent Gent. OP   Man  over a year ago

Which do you prefer? For economy and for health?

Open up, lockdown, open up, lockdown. Spain and England

Or the #covidzero approach to try and 'eliminate' as in minimise the numbers to a manageable level. Scotland or New Zealand. Lock to a minimal level then open.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Which do you prefer? For economy and for health?

Or the #covidzero approach to try and 'eliminate' as in minimise the numbers to a manageable level. Scotland or New Zealand. Lock to a minimal level then open. "

I’m not sure you can compare Scotland and New Zealand to England and Spain.

Would have loved the new Zealand or Vietnam model in the beginning.

But we cant turn back time...

Just your preferred strategy. Pick one

"Just your preferred strategy. Pick one "

I choose winning the lottery.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

its like comparing eggs with potatoes

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I am happy with the way we are doing it, get test track and trace sorted and cockwomble compliance and we would have a stable way forward

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"I am happy with the way we are doing it, get test track and trace sorted and cockwomble compliance and we would have a stable way forward "

Exactly this.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Get covid gone, would have been a timely plan to start with, similarly to New Zealand. We could still plan to eliminate it but it will now take much longer and cost us much more

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"I am happy with the way we are doing it, get test track and trace sorted and cockwomble compliance and we would have a stable way forward "

Errrrrr, dont we already have a world leading, world beating, fit for purpose test track and trace app?

Or the #covidzero approach to try and 'eliminate' as in minimise the numbers to a manageable level. Scotland or New Zealand. Lock to a minimal level then open. "

New Zealand. South Korea. Japan. Or any other country that's dealt with the issues more effectively than England

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Covid Zero. Lock it down, get workable tracing, regular testing, make it a risk like TB or measles going forward. Rather than indefinite dithering.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yeah where did track and trace disappear to?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

If only it was that simple

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I am happy with the way we are doing it, get test track and trace sorted and cockwomble compliance and we would have a stable way forward

Yeah where did track and trace disappear to? "

It ended up emulating every other government IT project I can recall - it cost three times the figure quoted, it didn't work but "lessons will be learned"... so that's all good then...

There are two different models in place, sadly If you understand the approach you find the answer is it all depends how quickly you react.

There’s a point of no return on the infection ramp, when we locked down there where too many infected people to eradicate the virus... think of track and traces daily task currently: contact 4000 people and then contact each of those people’s 20,30 odd contacts from the past week and get them tested etc... it can’t be done.

Scotland however is weeks behind England or importantly London and as such, they stand a chance to become clear.

The economics question is tricky though, Scotland and Newzealand are dependent on tourism... in a cruel twist despite undoubtedly one of the best performances worldwide NZ is now facing crippling economic circumstances yet needs to keep borders closed to maintain their spotless populations health.

Retrospectively we needed everyone worldwide to shift into lockdown as soon as infection was detected and adopt a NZ approach... sadly most countries missed the window of opportunity and now it’s simply managing the impact and adapting to live with the virus amongst the population.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"its like comparing eggs with potatoes "

It’s like comparing eggs with a mid sized family car! The differences are vast

I understand some are dismissive of minimising infection rates.

Given global health experts at the University of Oxford, Edinburgh, UCL, former chief scientist, think its possible I'm asking if you could. Would you?

There's no way you will actually know unless you try. Those that have, have largely been successful.

Too many cockwombles in this country.

Just look at G Manchester, Leicester, Bradford, Blackburn etc.

That wasn't poor strategy....that was idiots!

Spain had a faster, harder lockdown....but the idiots there still fcuked it up again....

There is also this narrative of blaming people. Which is a politically fruitful strategy for governments as people love to blame each other. As a public policy maker you have behavioural scientists who are happy to tell you and are good at telling you what people will do given what you say.

I'm giving you the position of policy makes and head of comms. Which strategy would you try? Assuming both can happen which scientists argue can happen.

» Add a new message to this topic