FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dutch stand firm: no nationwide requirement to wear face masks

Dutch stand firm: no nationwide requirement to wear face masks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etsome OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Are we following the science or are the Dutch following the science?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

It's less a question of science than national attitudes.

The Scandinavians are more law abiding and likely to social distance which is more important than masks.

Our government has decided that enough of us will not follow distancing guidelines and so wants masks as an extra precaution. They're mainly to protect others from you if you are infected, not the other way round.

birmingham

If we are no good at social distance how have we managed to flatten the sombraro so dramatically?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Since when have the Dutch been Scandinavian ?? They have hardly locked down but also have a higher infection rate than many other mainland European countries...

"If we are no good at social distance how have we managed to flatten the sombraro so dramatically? "

Because we were locked down maybe ?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Because the Dutch gov said that masks don't work at the beginning of the pandemic because there were shortages, so instead of going back on themselves and trying to save face in the process, they have given the power to regional ministers to enforce face coverings in their area

birmingham

"If we are no good at social distance how have we managed to flatten the sombraro so dramatically?

Because we were locked down maybe ?"

Or the social distancing and handwashing

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Are we following the science or are the Dutch following the science? "
No such thing as the science as these boffins all make there own conclusions and not allways the same

birmingham

"Because the Dutch gov said that masks don't work at the beginning of the pandemic because there were shortages, so instead of going back on themselves and trying to save face in the process, they have given the power to regional ministers to enforce face coverings in their area "

They were telling the truth then (ie little evidence of their effectivness) and are lying now

"Are we following the science or are the Dutch following the science? "

Scientific theories can contradict other scientific theories, so perhaps both are.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We interpret the scientific evidence, which will typically arise from a variety of sources and where research may have been evaluating different things. Conclusions will have confidence values, such as those with higher than 95% confidence.

Rather than flip flop with public advice, it's better to evaluate the range of evidence and draw a reasonable conclusion. It will not mean that future evidence won't contradict what we have today, as we'll always want to know what the strongest evidence is. That's science.

People here are using a huge variety of face coverings, with each likely to have varying results. We'd hope people wash them frequently, to sustain their value

"If we are no good at social distance how have we managed to flatten the sombraro so dramatically?

Or the social distancing and handwashing"

Yes that as well. It’s as though using a variety of measures appears to help.

Of course that’s not good enough for the internet. The internet needs certainty and nuance blows its mind.

birmingham

Of course that’s not good enough for the internet. The internet needs certainty and nuance blows its mind."

The trouble with lockdown though is it saves one lot of people and kills another lot. Nothing I've seen or heard convinces me that it is a certainty that lockdown saves more than it kills

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Of course that’s not good enough for the internet. The internet needs certainty and nuance blows its mind.

The trouble with lockdown though is it saves one lot of people and kills another lot. Nothing I've seen or heard convinces me that it is a certainty that lockdown saves more than it kills"

Not seen the latest figures for Brazil then i guess.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"It's less a question of science than national attitudes.

The Scandinavians are more law abiding and likely to social distance which is more important than masks.

"

Since when did Holland become part of Scandinavia?

There is no strong scientific evidence for mask wearing.

It is simply to make people fearful so they will gladly accept a vaccine (that will not have gone through the normal full testing regime).

Buying shares in big pharma would seem to be a good plan.

It is simply to make people fearful so they will gladly accept a vaccine (that will not have gone through the normal full testing regime).

Buying shares in big pharma would seem to be a good plan."

Gosh I must be immensely foolish then as I thought mask wearing would instil a little confidence in people to get out there and spend money in shops.

Note to self - you can be a wally at times with your logic NVC.

near ipswich

Buying shares in big pharma would seem to be a good plan.

Gosh I must be immensely foolish then as I thought mask wearing would instil a little confidence in people to get out there and spend money in shops.

Note to self - you can be a wally at times with your logic NVC. "

Masks do not work but I’m happy to play act and wear one. Anyone who vapes or smokes inhale... put your mask on and breathe out. Now see why masks do not work. Imagine virus droplets 1000s of times smaller than smoke or vape coming out (or in) every time you breathe.

Not to mention the risk of you picking up and collecting particles on your mask and then touching the mask with your hands to remove it etc

The science still does and always has said masks do not work except for in exceptional circumstances and when worn by trained professionals using medical grade face masks.

The only thing that is different now is the government is no longer in tune with the science due to economics. So we all wear masks to feel safe go out and spend money.

Before everyone jumps on me like I said I’m happy to role play and wear one and I do it doesn’t affect me I’m just also aware it’s the same as not wearing one so I continue to social distance, wash my hands etc.

"Masks do not work but I’m happy to play act and wear one. Anyone who vapes or smokes inhale... put your mask on and breathe out. Now see why masks do not work. Imagine virus droplets 1000s of times smaller than smoke or vape coming out (or in) every time you breathe.

Not to mention the risk of you picking up and collecting particles on your mask and then touching the mask with your hands to remove it etc

The science still does and always has said masks do not work except for in exceptional circumstances and when worn by trained professionals using medical grade face masks.

The only thing that is different now is the government is no longer in tune with the science due to economics. So we all wear masks to feel safe go out and spend money.

Before everyone jumps on me like I said I’m happy to role play and wear one and I do it doesn’t affect me I’m just also aware it’s the same as not wearing one so I continue to social distance, wash my hands etc. "

Viral particles are not visible to the naked eye but many droplets are so your smoke test is not comparable. No one has stated the masks are 100% effective but they do reduce risk.

So glad you're playing the game

near ipswich

"Masks do not work but I’m happy to play act and wear one. Anyone who vapes or smokes inhale... put your mask on and breathe out. Now see why masks do not work. Imagine virus droplets 1000s of times smaller than smoke or vape coming out (or in) every time you breathe.

Before everyone jumps on me like I said I’m happy to role play and wear one and I do it doesn’t affect me I’m just also aware it’s the same as not wearing one so I continue to social distance, wash my hands etc. "

Well thats good then because social distancing and washing hands is the best thing you can do.

Wearing a mask reduces viral load. Less viral load = good

More viral load = bad

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Wearing a mask reduces viral load.

Less viral load = good

More viral load = bad"

Try 'every little helps', less words for people to get confused with.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

I don't smoke or vape so I am unable to do your silly experiment.

The Dutch government also allowed fuck buddies during the height of pandemic bless them

D

» Add a new message to this topic