FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Could asthma inhalers be the cure?

Could asthma inhalers be the cure?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Not a cure shag, another already widely used drug to help alleviate serious covid symptoms hopefully, we shall know by September when they publish the trials results... Fingers crossed

By *lderguy4uMan  over a year ago

wirral

Hope so I use one every day

"Not a cure shag, another already widely used drug to help alleviate serious covid symptoms hopefully, we shall know by September when they publish the trials results... Fingers crossed "
That is right it is not a cure more an aid and yes we should know it by then and lets hope it is good news too

"Hope so I use one every day"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's old news shag,was posted a few weeks back on one of them good news threads...but it's still good old news

"It's old news shag,was posted a few weeks back on one of them good news threads...but it's still good old news"
Yes I must of missed that thread but yes it is good news too.

hydroxychloroquine and zinc has been very successful curing covid

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They have been researching a variety of medicines that may be helpful as treatments for the virus. There is also an app that your mobile phone can run that evaluates research drugs too, called Dreamlab. It's funded by Vodafone and is currently 2/3 complete. Download from the app store, to do your bit, as a small contribution. The app is free but the work it does on your phone could be what finds a better treatment. Install it and it runs when you plug your phone in to charge every day.

We've been getting some progress, which is great . Some of the vaccines are also in final stages of trials and we may have 1 or more within a year

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"hydroxychloroquine and zinc has been very successful curing covid "

Well it was certainly succesful at removing Trump JR from social media for claiming it was, which should perhaps ring a few alarm bells...

I reackon the reasoning behind that why it could help is cos both asthma and covid attacks the respiratory system.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

who would have guessed that using a steroid inhaler i use (fostair) would help to fight a lung condition.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop."

Its only the Steroid Based inalers though . . . but good news indeed.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1041343

"who would have guessed that using a steroid inhaler i use (fostair) would help to fight a lung condition."
Yes who would of thought that the solution could be as simple as that

"I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop.

Its only the Steroid Based inalers though . . . but good news indeed.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1041343"

Yes sometimes the solution could be the easiest things but overlooked, it sure is good news too

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop."
Distinguish between prevention (vaccine) and relief from symptoms (inhalers). Of course one of the ways of relieving symptoms might be inhaled steroids, but thy will only relieve the respiratory symptoms in the short term. Good news, good use of existing medication, but not a replacement for vaccines.

"I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop.Distinguish between prevention (vaccine) and relief from symptoms (inhalers). Of course one of the ways of relieving symptoms might be inhaled steroids, but thy will only relieve the respiratory symptoms in the short term. Good news, good use of existing medication, but not a replacement for vaccines."

My mrs inhaler stopped most symptoms while I got every symptom.

Because of her inhaler do this makes perfect sense to us.

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"I reackon the reasoning behind that why it could help is cos both asthma and covid attacks the respiratory system."

I think the main causes are very similar, in covid the lungs get inflamed which produces fluid which blocks the airways in the same way as asthma from what I've read. My wife used to have sever asthma that usually ended up in hospital struggling to breath and coughing and spluttering like she was a 100 a day smoker from the gunk. The normal inhalers just open the airways but the steroid ones and the tablets reduce inflammation to stop the mucus in the first place. It doesn't always work but any small improvement may be just enough.

Hydroxychloroquinine doesn't make money for big pharma because it's been around for approximately 50 years, so big pharma & its activists dis HCQ.

However, big pharma does endorse the more expensive malaria treatment as working on C-19, and it's been used in both the UK & the USA.

As an asthma owner who uses steroid based inhalers I guess I have that magic bullet, until Bill Gates, the WHO,UKGov, PHE & NHS say otherwise.

"I read that they are doing research on it, what is your view on it? I think it is good that there might be other ways than for a vaccine that could take more than 10 years to develop.Distinguish between prevention (vaccine) and relief from symptoms (inhalers). Of course one of the ways of relieving symptoms might be inhaled steroids, but thy will only relieve the respiratory symptoms in the short term. Good news, good use of existing medication, but not a replacement for vaccines.

My mrs inhaler stopped most symptoms while I got every symptom.

Because of her inhaler do this makes perfect sense to us."

That is good it works, we might not see a vaccine gor years so something like that which could help to stop the symptoms is better in the longrun as well

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Hydroxychloroquinine doesn't make money for big pharma because it's been around for approximately 50 years, so big pharma & its activists dis HCQ.

However, big pharma does endorse the more expensive malaria treatment as working on C-19, and it's been used in both the UK & the USA.

As an asthma owner who uses steroid based inhalers I guess I have that magic bullet, until Bill Gates, the WHO,UKGov, PHE & NHS say otherwise.

"

And that has all been disproven on several occasions now.

"Hydroxychloroquinine doesn't make money for big pharma because it's been around for approximately 50 years, so big pharma & its activists dis HCQ.

"

Yes I have heard similar as it doesnt make as much profit as a vaccine does, but yes it is good news that the inhalers could be the answer for it

I think that it is called polvo what they are researching.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

If inhalers were the answer and everyone had to take an inhaler everyday "Big pharma" would love it. They would make a lot more money than with a vaccine. They don't make much money from vaccines, which is why they don't focus on them in normal times unless nudged by governments or WHO etc. The holy grail for big pharma is a medication that has to be taken everyday by a lot of people that is where the big money is.

Don't have one as I`m not a scientist or an expert on medical research. Neither is 99.9% of the population. Doesn't stop the usual online bollocks though does it. Therein lies the problem with today's society. Too many experts amongst the general populace who know feck all.

By *emmabTV/TS  over a year ago

Leicestershire

From my understanding it the "Brown" inhaler that has been evaluated and not the "Blue" inhaler which is the one that people use to help with an asthma attack. The Brown one is to be taken once or twice a day if you are an asthma suffer. I must say I think there is something in the study. Not a game changer but a help Wath along with other therapeutic measures in the control of the worst of the illness.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"From my understanding it the "Brown" inhaler that has been evaluated and not the "Blue" inhaler which is the one that people use to help with an asthma attack. The Brown one is to be taken once or twice a day if you are an asthma suffer. I must say I think there is something in the study. Not a game changer but a help Wath along with other therapeutic measures in the control of the worst of the illness. "

The brown is a preventer and blue is a reliever. These are the old types of inhalers. A lot of asthmatics, including myself, have to other inhalers. I have a pink one that is both a reliever and preventer. I think they are trialing lots of different types.

"From my understanding it the "Brown" inhaler that has been evaluated and not the "Blue" inhaler which is the one that people use to help with an asthma attack. The Brown one is to be taken once or twice a day if you are an asthma suffer. I must say I think there is something in the study. Not a game changer but a help Wath along with other therapeutic measures in the control of the worst of the illness. "
Yes I reckon so to that it is a good study that they are doing, as there is no vaccine it is about managing the symptoms of it, it is good news

» Add a new message to this topic