FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Welcome to our new reality

Welcome to our new reality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53612390

Really interesting thoughts in terms of where we are at and in particular the stark reality that we still have schools to re-open as another potentially big influencer on the infection rates.

We probably all break or bend the rules on a certain level but are we willing to adjust our behaviour to maintain the liberties we’ve got back since easing started?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's a difficult one but if my two teens can't go back in September because of the infection rate I actually think it will break them

"It's a difficult one but if my two teens can't go back in September because of the infection rate I actually think it will break them "

Agreed, my eldest is the final year of A levels... if I had to choose between that or the pub I think for once my sensible head might have to win

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53612390

Really interesting thoughts in terms of where we are at and in particular the stark reality that we still have schools to re-open as another potentially big influencer on the infection rates.

We probably all break or bend the rules on a certain level but are we willing to adjust our behaviour to maintain the liberties we’ve got back since easing started? "

Some people will be but I think an increasing but significant and vocal minority won't be.

We probably all break or bend the rules on a certain level but are we willing to adjust our behaviour to maintain the liberties we’ve got back since easing started?

Some people will be but I think an increasing but significant and vocal minority won't be."

I fear you’re right which probably means a fluctuating future of liberties temporarily on hold etc

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some people will be but I think an increasing but significant and vocal minority won't be.

I fear you’re right which probably means a fluctuating future of liberties temporarily on hold etc"

I honestly don't know. I veer between thinking this time next year things will be back to how they were and thinking that life will never be the same again.

I fear you’re right which probably means a fluctuating future of liberties temporarily on hold etc

I honestly don't know. I veer between thinking this time next year things will be back to how they were and thinking that life will never be the same again."

I know what you mean, maybe we’ll just wake up and it was all a dream? #hereshoping

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

This is coming to crunch time.

If people take up and abide to Hands-Face-Space then schools will be fine to fully open. We essentially have a month to train ourselves into new routines and enjoy the small treats and pleasures we want to. But safely.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I honestly don't know. I veer between thinking this time next year things will be back to how they were and thinking that life will never be the same again.

I know what you mean, maybe we’ll just wake up and it was all a dream? #hereshoping"

I think we're in the accept or reject our fate period. A lot of people are resigned to the restrictions imposed on our lives by current circumstances but quite a few are kicking back. It's like in the war when some people just refused to go to air raid shelters preferring to just take their chances.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year "
There may never be a vaccine there’s none for many virus

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think it's said that an indication of how a society is in how it looks after its most vulnerable and the young etc..

If it's a choice between restrictions on us all or the children's education's being further disrupted I hope the majority accept it..

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year There may never be a vaccine there’s none for many virus "

I wonder though if it's because generally a lot of the viruses are just annoying and short-lived therefore not requiring time and money spent on making a vaccine.....

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I fear you’re right which probably means a fluctuating future of liberties temporarily on hold etc"

Trouble is, and im happy to be proved wrong... It doesn't seem that many quarantined or lockdowns are being policed... We need a new home guard as otherwise it won't happen

"I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year "

If ever, no guarantee a vaccine will ever be found, effective treatments and immunity will help

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year There may never be a vaccine there’s none for many virus

I wonder though if it's because generally a lot of the viruses are just annoying and short-lived therefore not requiring time and money spent on making a vaccine....."

There’s not always a cure for many illness why do we always think there are ?

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

We probably all break or bend the rules on a certain level but are we willing to adjust our behaviour to maintain the liberties we’ve got back since easing started? "

More crap from the BBC (State propaganda service).

Infection rates don't matter, cases don't matter. Hospitalisations and excess deaths do. Excess deaths have been below the 5 year average for several weeks now.

The narrative has been changed from stopping the NHS being overwhelmed to 'stopping the virus' (which is clearly impossible until a safe vaccine comes along - unlikely) or herd immunity is reached. That's how pathogens work all we have been doing is tinkering with the rate of transmission.

People walked straight into this without question, gave up their liberty without question and now do not question the thousands of excess non Covid deaths that will far exceed any caused by the virus. These excess deaths have not been caused by any virus but by the actions taken and the failure of people to rationalise the real risk.

Just wait for the economic storm coming down the track, thousands more will die and mental health issues will soar. Do you really think you can stop a modern capitalist society dead in it's tracks with no consequences.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I've noticed the BBC this morning are now starting to push the narrative, pubs and bars will need to be shut down again in order to re open schools.

[Removed by poster at 01/08/20 13:04:59]

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

I just get p’d off as I’ve been indoors working from home since March 11th hardly left the house apart from essential shopping. Meet two friends in June (outside) and two couples in July (restaurant/bar) and one friend (outside). Only seen our 19 year old daughter 5 times in five months and even then it’s been social distancing. Not seen parents. And now it feels like we’re back to square one. It’s just pants. So who is breaking the rules and why are their needs greater than everyone else’s.

Sorry, bit of a rant as I know I’m lucky living with my best mate, but Just getting fed up....

Mrs J x

"I've noticed the BBC this morning are now starting to push the narrative, pubs and bars will need to be shut down again in order to re open schools. "

Because the government scientists have said this. Everything is a trade off now to stop a full lockdown as the "r" is going up...but anyone with a ounce of sense knew this would happen with the lifting of restrictions...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I think the only answer to getting back to anywhere near normal life is the vaccine which realistically won't be until next year There may never be a vaccine there’s none for many virus

I wonder though if it's because generally a lot of the viruses are just annoying and short-lived therefore not requiring time and money spent on making a vaccine....."

Coronaviruses in general don't stimulate a really significant immune response. Research is already demonstrating that people who had severe Covid-19 and were in ICU have very low antibody levels after 3+ months. If the natural infection only gives transient immunity, it will be difficult to find a vaccine that does, even with adjuvants etc. I don't think the NHS can fund a vaccine programme requiring 3-monthly boosters.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Are the government prepared to ruin the economy by shutting down places again? I personally haven't been to the pub since they reopened but its a kick in the teeth for those businesses after months of closure.We can't have half baked theories ruin our lives.Social distancing has been a farce in many places and in many cases proved to be impossible. Beaches, raves, protest meetings are just some examples.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Infection rates don't matter, cases don't matter. Hospitalisations and excess deaths do. Excess deaths have been below the 5 year average for several weeks now.

The narrative has been changed from stopping the NHS being overwhelmed to 'stopping the virus' (which is clearly impossible until a safe vaccine comes along - unlikely) or herd immunity is reached. That's how pathogens work all we have been doing is tinkering with the rate of transmission.

People walked straight into this without question, gave up their liberty without question and now do not question the thousands of excess non Covid deaths that will far exceed any caused by the virus. These excess deaths have not been caused by any virus but by the actions taken and the failure of people to rationalise the real risk.

Just wait for the economic storm coming down the track, thousands more will die and mental health issues will soar. Do you really think you can stop a modern capitalist society dead in it's tracks with no consequences."

A rare voice of reason on this lockdown loving forum

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

The reality that this could hw life forever is really starting to get to me now!!!

I cant see there being a vaccine any time soon.

Also wasnt the whole principal of lockdown to help the NHS? Until we were prepared NOT to stop the virus spreading?

Let's get real about this.

I'm not a Tory supporter and have been against a lot of the handling of this. But I'm in total agreement with the recent changes they have made.

It's all a fine balancing act with economy and keeping the "r" down especially for the NHS with winter coming.

If we all carry on regardless we will be fucked totally...the nay sayers need to get real with this ffs

birmingham

"The reality that this could hw life forever is really starting to get to me now!!!

I cant see there being a vaccine any time soon.

Also wasnt the whole principal of lockdown to help the NHS? Until we were prepared NOT to stop the virus spreading?

"

It's called mission creep

birmingham

"Let's get real about this.

I'm not a Tory supporter and have been against a lot of the handling of this. But I'm in total agreement with the recent changes they have made.

It's all a fine balancing act with economy and keeping the "r" down especially for the NHS with winter coming.

If we all carry on regardless we will be fucked totally...the nay sayers need to get real with this ffs"

The lockdown lovers are the nay sayers

If we all carry on regardless we will be fucked totally...the nay sayers need to get real with this ffs

The lockdown lovers are the nay sayers"

The anti mask wears are playing a big part in us getting here by not wearing the fuckers

birmingham

"I just get p’d off as I’ve been indoors working from home since March 11th hardly left the house apart from essential shopping. Meet two friends in June (outside) and two couples in July (restaurant/bar) and one friend (outside). Only seen our 19 year old daughter 5 times in five months and even then it’s been social distancing. Not seen parents. And now it feels like we’re back to square one. It’s just pants. So who is breaking the rules and why are their needs greater than everyone else’s.

Sorry, bit of a rant as I know I’m lucky living with my best mate, but Just getting fed up....

Mrs J x"

We can't blame ourselves too harshly for viruses spreading. It's what they do - they have had billions of years to get good at it

birmingham

The lockdown lovers are the nay sayers

The anti mask wears are playing a big part in us getting here by not wearing the fuckers "

Yeah yeah whatever

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

If we all carry on regardless we will be fucked totally...the nay sayers need to get real with this ffs"

I think personally it was completely reckless to allow travel abroad so soon! Also to allow people to go on holiday. Terrible idea.

Also yes rates have gone up since may but remember in May testing wasnt so widespread. If 80% of people are asymptomatic then they wouldnt generally be tested. Now some people are being tested weekly regardless of whether they have symptoms or not. So rates will rise also every time we lift restrictions theres a risk things can have a short term peak.

birmingham

"I've noticed the BBC this morning are now starting to push the narrative, pubs and bars will need to be shut down again in order to re open schools. "

They're anyways pushing some narrative. The bbc needs defunding

"I've noticed the BBC this morning are now starting to push the narrative, pubs and bars will need to be shut down again in order to re open schools.

They're anyways pushing some narrative. The bbc needs defunding"

No it doesn’t.

birmingham

"I've noticed the BBC this morning are now starting to push the narrative, pubs and bars will need to be shut down again in order to re open schools.

No it doesn’t."

Yes it does - they are an incredibly woke organisation pushing a liberal agenda

No it doesn’t.

Yes it does - they are an incredibly woke organisation pushing a liberal agenda"

Oh no they’re not.

Is it panto season yet..? Christmas cancelled like Eid?

D

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not."

You really believe that?

Politically I could be classed as a floating voter.

But yes the BBC have a blinkered liberal leaning.

birmingham

Trustpilot has the measure of the bbc. They have a one star rating purely because no stars are not an option

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not.

You really believe that?

But yes the BBC have a blinkered liberal leaning."

Yes I really believe that. The right thinks it’s biased to the left and the left think it’s biased to the right.

Brexiteers thought it was biased to remain

Remainers thought it gave brexiteers too much airtime.

Of course no one can provide any evidence of that bias because it doesn’t exist.

That is direct from SAGE meeting minutes. BBC didn't just make it up...it's a real suggestion.

Choice of having a pint or ruining a generation's education....?

birmingham

That is direct from SAGE meeting minutes. BBC didn't just make it up...it's a real suggestion.

Choice of having a pint or ruining a generation's education....?"

They would probably learn more down the pub

They would probably learn more down the pub"

Is that where you got your education

They would probably learn more down the pub"

Back to the Covid pantomime

birmingham

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not.

You really believe that?

Yes I really believe that. The right thinks it’s biased to the left and the left think it’s biased to the right.

Of course no one can provide any evidence of that bias because it doesn’t exist."

Go through all there presenters. They are all left wing remain voting bubble dwellers

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not.

You really believe that?

Of course no one can provide any evidence of that bias because it doesn’t exist.

Go through all there presenters. They are all left wing remain voting bubble dwellers"

Are you a Labour voting remainer ?

"Are the government prepared to ruin the economy by shutting down places again? I personally haven't been to the pub since they reopened but its a kick in the teeth for those businesses after months of closure.We can't have half baked theories ruin our lives.Social distancing has been a farce in many places and in many cases proved to be impossible. Beaches, raves, protest meetings are just some examples. "

Not now and never were impossible....just idiots ignoring them. You cant teach stupid and now their ignorance is coming back to bite us all on the arse.

birmingham

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not.

You really believe that?

Go through all there presenters. They are all left wing remain voting bubble dwellers

Are you a Labour voting remainer ?"

Yes

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Exactly this

No it doesn’t.

Oh no they’re not.

You really believe that?

Are you a Labour voting remainer ?

Yes"

birmingham

The r rate is a guess and there is no evidence that the tests can distinguish between codid-19 and other coronavirus. There supposed accuracy is also shocking

"

Just wait for the economic storm coming down the track, thousands more will die and mental health issues will soar. Do you really think you can stop a modern capitalist society dead in it's tracks with no consequences."

Infection rates total matter, they correlate with hospital admissions and in turn deaths.

I’m sat in Manchester which is experiencing a rise in infections. In the ICU which I work in we have experienced an unnerving slight rise in admissions for the past 6 days. What’s interesting to note is the majority have been younger age groups, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s. For our catchment area track and trace have highlight the bar heavy areas of Didsbury and other social hubs and the patients marry up with that statement. We know from experience in 12-14 days time we’ll see the older generations coming in as their second contacts who where infected start to struggle. Undoubtedly more of them will move straight to ventilation and CPAP compared to those we have currently who in the main are on increased oxygen and a range of therapies to increase recovery chances.

I would also say your use of Excess death figures which I’ve read in a number of posts is utterly ridiculous. It’s an average and therefore pinpoint reading is nothing compared to viewing them overtime. We have a noticeable increase for the year to date and a small period of not adding to that tally doesn’t change the general picture. If you wanted to use your own argument on a drop in excess deaths currently it illustrates your point of lockdown killing many more than the virus will isn’t holding true. We are well into lockdown, we are well into missed diagnosis and treatment time frames... where are the figures showing that ‘other factors’ are exceeding our 140ish covid deaths a day, where are the figures showing the surplus which is rapidly growing unrelated deaths to a figure that will exceed the 46k of virus victims?

We are currently in the quietest moment to date for us in this pandemic, yet we are still treating patients on a 1:3 ratio, a 300% increase on our operating standard. Our oxygen usage in the trust is at 58% capacity whereas this time last year it was running at 12%. Infection rates are ridiculously important to us, they enable us to prepare for what we know is the consequence of those figures.

Adding the word Pathogen to an ill thought out and flawed statement doesn’t give it gravity.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its not really the BBC pushing that narrative... its reading between the lines as to what was said

I think that was one of this big things yesterday that was said that people need to take attention to...

remember that the CMO wittey said " we may have reached the outer limits of what we can do without the rate of covid infections going up sharply and it may now be a case of trade offs if we would to go much further..."

i think he was beginning to warn people that if you do want kids to go back to school and for the rate of infections to not go up then something may have to give!!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"The r rate is a guess and there is no evidence that the tests can distinguish between codid-19 and other coronavirus. There supposed accuracy is also shocking"

The test identifies the specific spike protein found only on the surface of the SARS-COV-2 virus. The test is highly specific and accurate. I'm sure you are well versed in PCR protocol and so am likely preaching to the converted.

By *ark Knight 2017Man  over a year ago

Ware

Just wait for the economic storm coming down the track, thousands more will die and mental health issues will soar. Do you really think you can stop a modern capitalist society dead in it's tracks with no consequences.

A rare voice of reason on this lockdown loving forum"

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

They never found a vaccine for the SARS2 virus, so I am not expecting them to find one for this anytime soon.

» Add a new message to this topic