FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Over 50s

Over 50s

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sky news on my mobile are saying over 50s should be put on lockdown. Here’s one over 50 that won’t be locking myself down.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

It's only 'one' of many 'risk strategies' being discussed to offset sending children back to school.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sky news on my mobile are saying over 50s should be put on lockdown. Here’s one over 50 that won’t be locking myself down. "

It really doesn’t say that. It was one strategy that was being discussed as part of a plan if there is a spike in infections.

Millions of over-50s could be told to stay at home to avoid second nationwide lockdown - is the headline.

"It's only 'one' of many 'risk strategies' being discussed to offset sending children back to school.

"

You beat me to it

By *isty24Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 08:35:12]

By *isty24Woman  over a year ago

Leicester

Scaremongering now!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It should have been plan A! We should have put those over 60 under house arrest in March and the rest carried on. We would have been close to herd immunity by June and needed far fewer coffins..

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Sky news on my mobile "

Is Sky news on your mobile different to regular Sky news ?

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Sky news on my mobile are saying over 50s should be put on lockdown. Here’s one over 50 that won’t be locking myself down. "

If its for the overall good why would you fight it?

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

Half arsed lockdowns don't work

Even an effective stringent lockdown in itself is not the end game

We're in a mess and it seems like opening secondary schools may accelerate the virus. What a mess

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

It's the younger element who need to be more responsible but that's like plaiting fog.

By *inkyandperky555Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Well if they put over 50s in lockdown one thing is for sure there will be no work done anywhere as all youngsters want to do is play on they bloody phones then we really will be in a mess.

Sorry but I wont be isolating again . Social distancing , hand washing , masks yes but not stay at home again . My mental health is far more important

"Sorry but I wont be isolating again . Social distancing , hand washing , masks yes but not stay at home again . My mental health is far more important "

By *r GLTMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

What a complete joke i have just read the article i'm pushing 60 i would put a vast majoirty of teenagers and much younger than me to shame on a fitness level.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Sorry but I wont be isolating again . Social distancing , hand washing , masks yes but not stay at home again . My mental health is far more important "

Same here.x

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

More media speculation, ffs there is other things going on in the world that are newsworthy but no the media want to whip up more discord and uncertainty in the uk im sick to death with the lot of them.There was a time when they reported the news.

A ludicrous strategy & doomed to fail if anyone were stupid enough to try it.

It's every bit as unenforceable as social distancing inside houses... madness based on a need to be seen to be doing something rather than any real science.

The sooner we all accept that we cannot lockdown our waymout of this mess the better for all of us.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Exactly this. If people did the basics properly then we could get on top of it, problem is too many think it doesn’t apply to them, from observation mainly the younger people.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Sky news on my mobile are saying over 50s should be put on lockdown. Here’s one over 50 that won’t be locking myself down.

It really doesn’t say that. It was one strategy that was being discussed as part of a plan if there is a spike in infections.

Millions of over-50s could be told to stay at home to avoid second nationwide lockdown - is the headline."

That's how I interpreted too.

London

This for me too.

Didn't leave my house from 24 March to 6 July. Enjoy being back at work even though only a few of us in at a time. Don't think I could cope with more isolation.

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"Sky news on my mobile are saying over 50s should be put on lockdown. Here’s one over 50 that won’t be locking myself down.

If its for the overall good why would you fight it?"

I'm 54, fit and healthy and according to my client, who actually works in the hospital and speciality IS dealing with viruses says I am at NO RISK AT ALL and norhasanyoneelsethatisof myfitnessstatus....fact.

Besides I have VERY strong feelings about being told what to do by ANYONE and have little patience when someone tries

The one and ONLY person that can tell me what to do without consequences is my WIFE

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

It's a fuck up from start to finish..

Just open everything and those that want to return to normal can. Those who don't, stay at home and see nobody..

Self assessment

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

"More media speculation, ffs there is other things going on in the world that are newsworthy but no the media want to whip up more discord and uncertainty in the uk im sick to death with the lot of them.There was a time when they reported the news. "

You really do have to wonder at times if the Govt gives a dozen headlines to the media so that the country is sh*t scared then when they do whatever they planned all along people think yes thats crap what they decided but look at how much worse it might have been.

I'm turned 50.....no way am I (going back to?) staying at home so young idiots can party on down and spread it around. Happening all over Europe....lock down under 25's, mask denyers and anti-vaccers would be far safer!

London

"It's a fuck up from start to finish..

Just open everything and those that want to return to normal can. Those who don't, stay at home and see nobody..

Self assessment "

Unfortunately not that simple.

Most offices are open plan, have lifts etc. Allowing staff/visitors to act pre covid will be disastrous.

With measures in place and people prepared to make short term minor sacrifices we can all get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Track and trace evidence would suggest it's the 17-30 age group who are spreading the virus; targeting over 50s is somewhat skewed.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I'm 54, fit and healthy and according to my client, who actually works in the hospital and speciality IS dealing with viruses says I am at NO RISK AT ALL and nor has anyone else that is of my fitness status....fact.

"

When your client is working in the hospital does he wear PPE or does he not need to because, like you, he is at no risk at all ?

"What a complete joke i have just read the article i'm pushing 60 i would put a vast majoirty of teenagers and much younger than me to shame on a fitness level. "

And it looks like it

I'm 54, fit and healthy and according to my client, who actually works in the hospital and speciality IS dealing with viruses says I am at NO RISK AT ALL and norhasanyoneelsethatisof myfitnessstatus....fact.

Besides I have VERY strong feelings about being told what to do by ANYONE and have little patience when someone tries

The one and ONLY person that can tell me what to do without consequences is my WIFE "

That doesn't mean it couldn't kill you - that depends on whether your immune system goes into overdrive. Of course your chances are good though.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"It should have been plan A! We should have put those over 60 under house arrest in March and the rest carried on. We would have been close to herd immunity by June and needed far fewer coffins.."

What a good idea and most of the rest of the community would starve. Have you actually seen how many food delivery drivers are over 60, the hgv and smaller. Make a sweeping statement without thinking ot through. Much like lots of people. Most professional drivers are in the age bracket you want to put under house arrest which has NEVER been an option

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Would defeat the object of trying to open schools though as lots of teachers and most head teachers are 50 and over. So schools would have to shut due to no staff again.

"

I'm 54, fit and healthy and according to my client, who actually works in the hospital and speciality IS dealing with viruses says I am at NO RISK AT ALL and nor has anyone else that is of my fitness status....fact.

When your client is working in the hospital does he wear PPE or does he not need to because, like you, he is at no risk at all ?"

Perhaps this expert wants to attend the funerals of those people who died that fitted into the no risk criteria. It's a foolish thing to state. Surely the best thing to say is minimal risk/low likelihood etc.

If this ends up being the case that over 50s have to go into lockdown to protect them and you're saying you won't then.....

A... You're a selfish arsehole

B... See above answer!!!

You may be a spreader, you may be a receiver but hey don't worry about that you just continue in your little world and screw everyone else."

Your opinion wether I’m an arsehole means nothing to me. How the hell does my age affect if I spread the virus does the virus know if I’m 49 or 51 please explain this and what makes you an expert either on the virus or arseholes are you a proctologist

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Self assessment "

Totally agree

Self assessment Totally agree "

Both parents over 80 they went shopping every week as they always have both had the opinion live life as normal just be sensible. We can’t shut our doors and windows until this goes away it’s here and we have to learn to live with it.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I thought I saw that it is 20's and 30's who are getting covid at the moment so seems an odd decision. It looks like more of us old fogies are being sensible

It also said that they may shut down London and no one to go outside of the M25.

I know they say they are just things that are being thought of but Jenrick got interviewed and answered saying he wasn't aware of the London thing. That is normally a stock answer, the not being aware thing before they then do it

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

They can bugger off ... I’m fit and healthy won’t be putting me in any lockdown

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"What a complete joke i have just read the article i'm pushing 60 i would put a vast majoirty of teenagers and much younger than me to shame on a fitness level. "

Sadly, however fit and healthy you are, the fact is that your cardiovascular system, your immune system is 60. Plenty of apparently fit and healthy older people finished up very ill indeed. My dad (81) was, before January, incredibly fit for his age. He regularly had to produce ID to get OAP discounts. He got pneumonia in Jan. He nearly died and has been left with atrial fibrillation, scarring on his lung and he has been breathless ever since. He had zero heart, lung or other afflictions before Jan. His age caught up with him unfortunately.

I am 51 and had the virus in April

I have now fully recovered and I am back to being fit as a fiddle and back at the gym.

So I wont be staying in.

North West

"I am 51 and had the virus in April

I have now fully recovered and I am back to being fit as a fiddle and back at the gym.

So I wont be staying in."

Your immunity will be on the wane now. Seems to be about 3 months of immune "memory", less if the illness was very mild. I would still be wary.

So I wont be staying in.

Your immunity will be on the wane now. Seems to be about 3 months of immune "memory", less if the illness was very mild. I would still be wary. "

I dont get these reports about decreased numbers of antibodies 3 month later.

My understanding was when your body gets infected with a virus .

It creates antibodies to fight off and kill said virus.

Once the virus has gone most of those antibodies die off because the threat is no longer there.

But the t cells remember the virus make up.

So when the virus tries to reinfect the body the antibodies multiply in numbers and kills it off before it gets a foothold again.

So its natural that 3 month after infection you would have less antibody as the threat is not there..

Depends what reports your read.

Some reports say 3 months sone say a lifetime.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

So I wont be staying in.

Your immunity will be on the wane now. Seems to be about 3 months of immune "memory", less if the illness was very mild. I would still be wary. "

The still haven't found someone who has caught twice. They said it would wane after three months because no one had caught it more than three months earlier. Now it's been 5 months they will be saying it will wane after 5 months. Professional pessimists.

Tonbridge

"I thought I saw that it is 20's and 30's who are getting covid at the moment so seems an odd decision. It looks like more of us old fogies are being sensible

It also said that they may shut down London and no one to go outside of the M25.

I know they say they are just things that are being thought of but Jenrick got interviewed and answered saying he wasn't aware of the London thing. That is normally a stock answer, the not being aware thing before they then do it"

It maybe the 20s and 30s catching it but they have nothing to worry about.

"I thought I saw that it is 20's and 30's who are getting covid at the moment so seems an odd decision. It looks like more of us old fogies are being sensible

I know they say they are just things that are being thought of but Jenrick got interviewed and answered saying he wasn't aware of the London thing. That is normally a stock answer, the not being aware thing before they then do it"

I read they we doing some kind of war games yesterday on future scenarios.

I think some of these reports are from that.

As pong as they pay my average earnings I’m a 100% up for that

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Only link to allowed links please, they include NHS and Gov ones

North West

"Only link to allowed links please, they include NHS and Gov ones"

Are links to scientific journals not allowed? If not, why not please?

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

Sorry, wont be going back into lockdown just because im over 50. I suffered depression last time and my mental health suffered. I will wear a ask and keep my distance, but wont return to live like a goldfish in a bowl.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Only link to allowed links please, they include NHS and Gov ones

Are links to scientific journals not allowed? If not, why not please? "

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/14562

Sadly it seems to be age over fitness in many cases. I’ve seen a lot of super fit 60’s guys in serious trouble :/

North West

"Only link to allowed links please, they include NHS and Gov ones

Are links to scientific journals not allowed? If not, why not please?

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/14562"

But YouTube and Wikipedia, the great bastions of science, peer review and objectivity are OK. Perhaps, in the light of a swingers site hosting a forum about a pandemic virus, the rules on links need updating? People on here are spouting utter garbage, pseudo/anti science and conspiracy theories, yet actual scientific research cannot be linked to. I find that incredible.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't make the rules or the reasons why so why I gave you the forum rules and the link to Admin saying why.

North West

"I don't make the rules or the reasons why so why I gave you the forum rules and the link to Admin saying why. "

Which I understand and appreciate, but perhaps Mods could offer such feedback to the site admins, who appear difficult to contact.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't make the rules or the reasons why so why I gave you the forum rules and the link to Admin saying why. If you want Admin to change the rules you can ask them on the thread or through the contact button

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't make the rules or the reasons why so why I gave you the forum rules and the link to Admin saying why.

Which I understand and appreciate, but perhaps Mods could offer such feedback to the site admins, who appear difficult to contact. "

You can do that from the thread or through the contact button as explained on my next post

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Scaremongering now! "

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

And over 50s Drs, Nurses, keyworkers?

Over 50s must make up the majority of the workforce.

I won't as will I suspect the majority of over 50s be kept prisoner in my home, while this is undoubtedly a very serious virus which has to be taken seriously I think that whatever age you are as long as you follow guidelines you should be free to do as as you see fit. This is just another messaging fuckup by this government

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Bet keywords over 50 will still be needed, so doubt this will be the case.....so cannot realistically see it happening....

"I won't as will I suspect the majority of over 50s be kept prisoner in my home, while this is undoubtedly a very serious virus which has to be taken seriously I think that whatever age you are as long as you follow guidelines you should be free to do as as you see fit. This is just another messaging fuckup by this government "

Couldn’t agree more how will they police it anyway or are we going to have to carry ID around next as well. Honest officer I’m only 47

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Self assessment

Unfortunately not that simple.

Most offices are open plan, have lifts etc. Allowing staff/visitors to act pre covid will be disastrous.

With measures in place and people prepared to make short term minor sacrifices we can all get back to normal sooner rather than later. "

You've just confirmed my point, assuming you work in an open plan office and there are lifts.. So you've assessed that you wouldn't go to work. Work from home then and if you can't expect a P45

others will take your job. We're heading for a Huge financial crisis..

Hiding from a bug is not a long term solution

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

If over 50s are lockdown how will the country survive most younger people don’t know shit from brown clay

By *ifty69Man  over a year ago

north tyneside

"If over 50s are lockdown how will the country survive most younger people don’t know shit from brown clay "
well said lol

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Scaremongering now! "
yup, again, misinformation.

By *andman61Couple  over a year ago

hereford

They haven’t policed the social distancing rules that were put into place from the start

Black lives matter!! Demos as an example

Too many youngsters spreading it perhaps???

No one really knows how it spreads!!

In our town the older generation seems happier to oblige with the distancing etc

Its the others that don’t!!!!

If we have to wear face masks for everything

Perhaps the younger generation will not be so keen to meet in every increasing numbers

Probably not the done thing to wear anything compulsory ???

It should be the younger generation they should consider putting measures in place, they will be most responsible for the spread of this virus through ignorance and selfishness what with them congregating in groups having raves going on marches they are oblivious to their harm, but what do we get from this government, just an absolute fucking shambles f an organisation

By *andman61Couple  over a year ago

hereford

"It should be the younger generation they should consider putting measures in place, they will be most responsible for the spread of this virus through ignorance and selfishness what with them congregating in groups having raves going on marches they are oblivious to their harm, but what do we get from this government, just an absolute fucking shambles f an organisation "

Yes exactly what I think too

Amen to that, UKVov, PHE, NHS haven't a bloody clue!

Remember, it's all about control with ideas from The Behavioural Insight & SPI-B teams within SAGE.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It should have been plan A! We should have put those over 60 under house arrest in March and the rest carried on. We would have been close to herd immunity by June and needed far fewer coffins.."

Re herd immunity. Have you seen anything that indicates herd immunity will work with this virus? I'd be interested to see it. Last I saw there is not yet any scientific evidence to suggest thatbjerd immunity can be built for this virus nor that if you have already had it, how much if any protection there is against a repeat infection.

Tin town

Bjerd immunity is better than herd immunity....

Does that mean they will be lowering the pension age to 50? gonna be a lot of off and on messing otherwise. Do it Boris do it.

"It should have been plan A! We should have put those over 60 under house arrest in March and the rest carried on. We would have been close to herd immunity by June and needed far fewer coffins..

Re herd immunity. Have you seen anything that indicates herd immunity will work with this virus? I'd be interested to see it. Last I saw there is not yet any scientific evidence to suggest thatbjerd immunity can be built for this virus nor that if you have already had it, how much if any protection there is against a repeat infection. "

Herd immunity was just a disaster waiting to happen USA and UK even though have had restrictions in place are very much a gung ho society so these are maybe best examples of what herd immunity would bring. The highest death rates worldwide

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Does that mean they will be lowering the pension age to 50? gonna be a lot of off and on messing otherwise. Do it Boris do it. "

I wish lol.

the report say over 50s will be assessed those fit will carry on those not so wont thats what they are looking at not a blanket over 50 lockdown read the whole report not just the headline

"the report say over 50s will be assessed those fit will carry on those not so wont thats what they are looking at not a blanket over 50 lockdown read the whole report not just the headline"

Their attention span isn’t that long.

"the report say over 50s will be assessed those fit will carry on those not so wont thats what they are looking at not a blanket over 50 lockdown read the whole report not just the headline"

Thank god

Took them long enough to start the testing scheme and the track and trace how are they going to asses over 50s health level.

"the report say over 50s will be assessed those fit will carry on those not so wont thats what they are looking at not a blanket over 50 lockdown read the whole report not just the headline

Took them long enough to start the testing scheme and the track and trace how are they going to asses over 50s health level. "

Probably the same way they contacted the original shielders

North West

"the report say over 50s will be assessed those fit will carry on those not so wont thats what they are looking at not a blanket over 50 lockdown read the whole report not just the headline

Their attention span isn’t that long."

North West

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 17:55:08]

North West

From my experience locally, it is older people who don't keep their distance and it is the over 50s I saw in the pubs and beer gardens as I wheeled past on day 1 of pub opening. Many older people know did not shield themselves because they'd rather take their chances and enjoy what might be their twilight years, rather than stay home. My Dad being a prime example of someone who was going out and about when he should have been staying in. Nothing I could say would change his mind.

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

And why should it, he has made his own decisions and would rather live his life now than die in an empty house watching repeats of Eastenders. FFS!

"From my experience locally, it is older people who don't keep their distance and it is the over 50s I saw in the pubs and beer gardens as I wheeled past on day 1 of pub opening. Many older people know did not shield themselves because they'd rather take their chances and enjoy what might be their twilight years, rather than stay home. My Dad being a prime example of someone who was going out and about when he should have been staying in. Nothing I could say would change his mind.

"

A ludicrous and stupid statement

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

well said!!

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

THIS!!!!

North West

"From my experience locally, it is older people who don't keep their distance and it is the over 50s I saw in the pubs and beer gardens as I wheeled past on day 1 of pub opening. Many older people know did not shield themselves because they'd rather take their chances and enjoy what might be their twilight years, rather than stay home. My Dad being a prime example of someone who was going out and about when he should have been staying in. Nothing I could say would change his mind.

A ludicrous and stupid statement "

A factual statement. The old dears in Sainsbury's here do NOT stay 2m away from anyone, trust me!

North West

"And why should it, he has made his own decisions and would rather live his life now than die in an empty house watching repeats of Eastenders. FFS!"

I happen to agree but the point is that it isn't/wasn't just younger people who chose not to stay indoors etc. I'd rather my Dad didn't die of Covid, but I get his point that he's likely to die of something soon, see as he's over 80.

By *F65Man  over a year ago

Ventnor

That’s my point, I have parents around that age and they do not want to die a lonely sad death, take precautions sure but have some semblance of normality.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Track and trace evidence would suggest it's the 17-30 age group who are spreading the virus; targeting over 50s is somewhat skewed. "

Sounds like we need to keep the under 30’s home in lockdown then, the over 30’s seem to be more responsible out and about for what we have seen

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

It won't happen Boris Johnson is 56 years old

Do you really think he would give a rule for over 50's to isolate when he is included in that age bracket,I certainly don't

I will be 50 in November so I'm ok for now and I've been working all the way through this,bit late now

Where is the money going to come from to support every over 50 in the u.k?

Daft idea's they come up with

incognito mode ;-)

Took them long enough to start the testing scheme and the track and trace how are they going to asses over 50s health level. "

Oops I didn't read it all either must be my age I skimmed through it

Exactly do they think surgeries have the time to give health checks to all over 50's,that could take months to do or are we going to fill in an assessment form,which would take months to look at too

By *reemindCoolMan  over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

it was not the over fifty's that i was looking at getting pissed in large groups

maybe its the twenty to thirty somethings that need locking down,

Took them long enough to start the testing scheme and the track and trace how are they going to asses over 50s health level.

Exactly do they think surgeries have the time to give health checks to all over 50's,that could take months to do or are we going to fill in an assessment form,which would take months to look at too"

Have you tried getting an appointment at the doctors at the moment it’s easier to win the lottery so they are never going to be able to do a health MOT on all over 50s. It’s also never going to be enforceable who’s going to check everyone who looks remotely 50ish to see if they should be on the beach or shopping in Sainsbury’s.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"it was not the over fifty's that i was looking at getting pissed in large groups

maybe its the twenty to thirty somethings that need locking down,

"

Or in some cases, up.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Loads of things get discussed and never implemented.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Loads of things get discussed and never implemented.

"

I reckon lock up the 18-30's age group there the stupid ones spreading the virus then the over 50's could go out and enjoy themselves and keep safe,problem solved

Dudley

"Loads of things get discussed and never implemented.

I reckon lock up the 18-30's age group there the stupid ones spreading the virus then the over 50's could go out and enjoy themselves and keep safe,problem solved"

Are they the ones spreading it though or is it the families having multi household parties? Which has in fact, multiple times, been mentioned as the reason for sudden spikes?

"Well if they put over 50s in lockdown one thing is for sure there will be no work done anywhere as all youngsters want to do is play on they bloody phones then we really will be in a mess. "
so your saying that only the over 50s work hard and the under 50s just play on phones all day, what a load of shit most of the under 50s are forced to work twice as hard to get any where in life trying to overcome the lazy, labour voting over 50s who fucked most of the manufacturing and mining and half of the job opportunities by doing nothing but moaning instead of knuckling down and working to create a future in industry for the generations who follow.

By *illywizz1000000Man  over a year ago

north west

If its for the overall good why would you fight it?"

Im fit, healthy and worked rightvthrough but i have seen the mental effect this has had on colleagues. Some wont recover. Suicides have risen, I have also seen those who are over 50 suffer more than those under 50.

Keep sanitised , wear your mask, be careful.. stay safe

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

Nothing has been enforced rigidly the original go out once a day etc lockdown out of the 10 houses visible from the front of ours only 3 obeyed the rules to the letter 2 of those are empty

By *oldsteadyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

This is the daftest of a series of daft ideas.

Just take a look at pubs that generally attract older customers - they're reasonably quiet, people social distancing and following advice.

Walk past pubs with a younger clientele and you see big groups mingling, coming out hugging etc.

It's why the biggest spikes around amongst 18-30s. They're spreading it.

Younger people have spread it in Catalonia.

500 young people were cleared off a beach in Majorca at the weekend.

Tonbridge

Exactly do they think surgeries have the time to give health checks to all over 50's,that could take months to do or are we going to fill in an assessment form,which would take months to look at too

Have you tried getting an appointment at the doctors at the moment it’s easier to win the lottery so they are never going to be able to do a health MOT on all over 50s. It’s also never going to be enforceable who’s going to check everyone who looks remotely 50ish to see if they should be on the beach or shopping in Sainsbury’s. "

The police can just say 'get down and give me five' if he/she can't do five press-ups then they are sent home with £100 fine.

incognito mode ;-)

Have you tried getting an appointment at the doctors at the moment it’s easier to win the lottery so they are never going to be able to do a health MOT on all over 50s. It’s also never going to be enforceable who’s going to check everyone who looks remotely 50ish to see if they should be on the beach or shopping in Sainsbury’s.

The police can just say 'get down and give me five' if he/she can't do five press-ups then they are sent home with £100 fine."

I could do the press ups,even the splits if required,I just might need two big strong coppers to hoist me up

And no I haven't tried to get a doctor's appointment whilst this has been going on,luckily not needed one

[Removed by poster at 03/08/20 07:15:16]

The police can just say 'get down and give me five' if he/she can't do five press-ups then they are sent home with £100 fine."

Only five press ups too easy. And seeing sone of the police lately not sure some of them are very fit either lol.

"Well if they put over 50s in lockdown one thing is for sure there will be no work done anywhere as all youngsters want to do is play on they bloody phones then we really will be in a mess. so your saying that only the over 50s work hard and the under 50s just play on phones all day, what a load of shit most of the under 50s are forced to work twice as hard to get any where in life trying to overcome the lazy, labour voting over 50s who fucked most of the manufacturing and mining and half of the job opportunities by doing nothing but moaning instead of knuckling down and working to create a future in industry for the generations who follow. "

Here's me thinking all these years that it was evil Thatcher that decimated the mining and other industries. I think the point is most of the younger generation want things handed to them and to say they work harder than their older colleagues is misguided

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Jut an old trick divide and rule pit the old against the young

"Jut an old trick divide and rule pit the old against the young "

Only works when you get an idiot like the one I replied to who stirs it up

Tin town

There was a Sci fi film called logans run (incidentally starring the delicious jenny agutter), the premise of which was a society where the under 30s enjoyed this hedonistic lifestyle living in the confines of this protective bubble. Once you reached 30 you were "reincarnated" (killed) by the state. I thought it was too far fetched at the time.

"There was a Sci fi film called logans run (incidentally starring the delicious jenny agutter), the premise of which was a society where the under 30s enjoyed this hedonistic lifestyle living in the confines of this protective bubble. Once you reached 30 you were "reincarnated" (killed) by the state. I thought it was too far fetched at the time. "

I like Jenny Agueter she always takes her clothes off

"Well if they put over 50s in lockdown one thing is for sure there will be no work done anywhere as all youngsters want to do is play on they bloody phones then we really will be in a mess. so your saying that only the over 50s work hard and the under 50s just play on phones all day, what a load of shit most of the under 50s are forced to work twice as hard to get any where in life trying to overcome the lazy, labour voting over 50s who fucked most of the manufacturing and mining and half of the job opportunities by doing nothing but moaning instead of knuckling down and working to create a future in industry for the generations who follow.

Here's me thinking all these years that it was evil Thatcher that decimated the mining and other industries. I think the point is most of the younger generation want things handed to them and to say they work harder than their older colleagues is misguided "

and who voted Thatcher in wasn't me

By *havenbabe01Couple  over a year ago

bedfordshire

[Removed by poster at 03/08/20 08:09:00]

The one and ONLY person that can tell me what to do without consequences is my WIFE "

Would that it were that simple.

If it was I would have attended one less funeral recently.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"whos the driving force behind this ?

BORIS

SCIENTISTS

OR THE MEDIA

you decide"

The hidden powerful secret organisation secretly controlling all the world, pulling the string behind the scenes... say the conspiracists

"whos the driving force behind this ?

BORIS

SCIENTISTS

OR THE MEDIA

you decide

The hidden powerful secret organisation secretly controlling all the world, pulling the string behind the scenes... say the conspiracists "

I don't go along with the conspiracy crew on most things people seem to thrive on it from Madeline MCCann to 5G and now Covid, any one who denies this is real is just plainly delusional

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Whatever they come up with it’ll be like wearing a crocheted mask, it might help just a wee bit but not a lot as too many fall through the gaps.

Us for instance, kids at school, me 58 at home H 40 going out shopping etc. Add to that one of the kids shouldn’t be at school anyway as they are “High Risk” as advised by the NHS & we are pretty fckd whatever “Blanket Plan” comes out because a blanket rarely covers everybody.

S

"Whatever they come up with it’ll be like wearing a crocheted mask, it might help just a wee bit but not a lot as too many fall through the gaps.

Us for instance, kids at school, me 58 at home H 40 going out shopping etc. Add to that one of the kids shouldn’t be at school anyway as they are “High Risk” as advised by the NHS & we are pretty fckd whatever “Blanket Plan” comes out because a blanket rarely covers everybody.

S"

Yeah good point and it will be difficult in households to balance things, all we can do is apply common sense to our daily lives

West Wales

I haven’t been able to do press ups since destroying a shoulder at 26! As I said elsewhere “Blanket rules dont work”.

With regard to the conspiracy theorists on here I only have one & it’s climate change. Logic say that no matter what we do to improve matters over the next thirty years it will be more than offset by the extra two billion people that will exist by then.

What if the powers that be really do know that we are killing our species off & have a pretty good idea of the timescale & it’s reasonably soon.

A worldwide, long term virus, aimed at the older woul be a start to counteract new births. Having two billion fewer on the planet instead of two billion more by 2050 would defiantly help not just climate change.

I think Covid19 is just the start, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see “Son of Covid” or “Covid The Return” or a spin-off series in the near future.

S

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The police can just say 'get down and give me five' if he/she can't do five press-ups then they are sent home with £100 fine.

I haven’t been able to do press ups since destroying a shoulder at 26! As I said elsewhere “Blanket rules dont work”.

With regard to the conspiracy theorists on here I only have one & it’s climate change. Logic say that no matter what we do to improve matters over the next thirty years it will be more than offset by the extra two billion people that will exist by then.

What if the powers that be really do know that we are killing our species off & have a pretty good idea of the timescale & it’s reasonably soon.

A worldwide, long term virus, aimed at the older woul be a start to counteract new births. Having two billion fewer on the planet instead of two billion more by 2050 would defiantly help not just climate change.

I think Covid19 is just the start, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see “Son of Covid” or “Covid The Return” or a spin-off series in the near future.

S"

Are you saying that the virus is a deliberate plan cooked up by world leaders to bump off the older population? The same world leaders who can't agree on virtually anything else. If that is the case why are measures being put in place to shield the elderly vulnerable?

"It should have been plan A! We should have put those over 60 under house arrest in March and the rest carried on. We would have been close to herd immunity by June and needed far fewer coffins..

Re herd immunity. Have you seen anything that indicates herd immunity will work with this virus? I'd be interested to see it. Last I saw there is not yet any scientific evidence to suggest thatbjerd immunity can be built for this virus nor that if you have already had it, how much if any protection there is against a repeat infection.

Herd immunity was just a disaster waiting to happen USA and UK even though have had restrictions in place are very much a gung ho society so these are maybe best examples of what herd immunity would bring. The highest death rates worldwide "

Are you saying herd immunity = higher deaths?

A ludicrous and stupid statement "

Pot... Kettle

Someone's experience is exactly that. Like it or lump it you cannot refute it.

It sounds like only the 40 somethings will survive this thread, plus kids

West Wales

S

Are you saying that the virus is a deliberate plan cooked up by world leaders to bump off the older population? The same world leaders who can't agree on virtually anything else. If that is the case why are measures being put in place to shield the elderly vulnerable? "

But you are looking at now, today, last week, month like they are important. You need to look bigger, longer, far far longer. In the whole scheme of things we’ve not been on the planet more than a blink of this planets life & the earth gives not one shit who or what lives & dies on its surface. It’s estimated that 95% of all species of life ever on this planet is already extinct. We are just one of the more evolved species & perhaps the only ones that get to have a say in our own survival.

You can’t very well say “OK there’s this virus, we made it & it’s aimed mainly at the elderly with a few others getting caught up in it, but tough shit as it’s for the betterment & very survival of the species”. Not going to go down well & most wouldn’t believe you anyway.

So they carry on as they normally would for a pandemic, after all if we really are talking long term survival of the species who cares about an extra few billion or trillion spent on the smoke & mirrors to achieve it. Wars are even more expensive & kill the wrong people in the main.

I think just this version of CV19 will be with us for five years before we combat it successfully then we’ll see what happens next, What they have kept quieter about is those surviving but doing so with varying levels of long term lung & kidney damage from zero to life changing. So you survive it now but what comes later in your life?

Anyone expecting life to return to how it was before will be majorly disappointed, they’ll continue to open/close/open stuff for a good while yet. For some it will be the lose of loved ones for many many more it will be the lose of jobs & all that comes with that. I expect a depression that’ll make the 1920’s look like the boom years of the 80’s but not yet & that will probably be more “Successful ” at killing people & slowing population growth.

If you like compare it to playing a pinball machine. If someone put a gun to your head & said “Play or your all dead anyway” the only thing you control is the firing of the ball & the flippers to keep the ball in play, every time it hits something people die, every time you use the flippers you spend money hiding the fact you are keeping the ball in play to protect everybody. where the ball goes & who the ball hits is pretty much beyond your control.

Once the CV19 ball is out of play you’ll have to fire off another, then another.

My conspiracy, none of this 5g chicken feed nonsense

S

North West

"It sounds like only the 40 somethings will survive this thread, plus kids "

Shit

Flintshire

Self assessment "

Flintshire

Pot... Kettle

Someone's experience is exactly that. Like it or lump it you cannot refute it. "

Load of crap !!

North West

Pot... Kettle

Load of crap !!"

FFS it's not crap! It's what I saw with my own eyes and experienced as I did my shopping etc. Like it or not, there are plenty of older people in our neck of the Greater Manchester woods who do not care about keeping distance and are cheerfully continuing with visiting friends and relatives. And my Dad is, well, my Dad. He's now part of our social bubble as he lives alone, but he certainly did not shield himself per the guidance. Of course, that was his perogative.

Flintshire

Pot... Kettle

Load of crap !!

FFS it's not crap! It's what I saw with my own eyes and experienced as I did my shopping etc. Like it or not, there are plenty of older people in our neck of the Greater Manchester woods who do not care about keeping distance and are cheerfully continuing with visiting friends and relatives. And my Dad is, well, my Dad. He's now part of our social bubble as he lives alone, but he certainly did not shield himself per the guidance. Of course, that was his perogative. "

And young people keep to the rules !!! Yeah ok

Dudley

I know alot of older and shielded people that didn't stay at home and avoid other people. There are idiots of all ages.

North West

Pot... Kettle

Load of crap !!

FFS it's not crap! It's what I saw with my own eyes and experienced as I did my shopping etc. Like it or not, there are plenty of older people in our neck of the Greater Manchester woods who do not care about keeping distance and are cheerfully continuing with visiting friends and relatives. And my Dad is, well, my Dad. He's now part of our social bubble as he lives alone, but he certainly did not shield himself per the guidance. Of course, that was his perogative.

And young people keep to the rules !!! Yeah ok "

I didn't say that, did I? People of all ages have, in various places, played fast and loose with the rules and regulations. People on here thinking that the over 50s have been paragons of virtue need to pay closer attention though.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

You keep telling yourself that but it won't stop your immune system breaking down in readiness for the end of your natural existence. It's not all about the fitness level. There's a great deal more involved.

West Wales

Many of the bikers in Wales out on the roads are the over 50's, i'm one of them. It's ok saying riding a bike is social distancing but you still have to stop for fuel, food etc. Must admit considering the size of the group we for the most part did keep our distances when chatting, queuing for food etc. Not so the people who wanted to pass on the pavements though, most of them younger families with kids, they couldn't give a FF for social distancing.

Oddly in the shops i've found the opposite & it's the much older than will still brush past you, or in the case of one local supermarket totally ignore the one way system clearly marked out up & down the isles.

Being an idiot or pig headed moron does not go away with age..

S

North West

"Many of the bikers in Wales out on the roads are the over 50's, i'm one of them. It's ok saying riding a bike is social distancing but you still have to stop for fuel, food etc. Must admit considering the size of the group we for the most part did keep our distances when chatting, queuing for food etc. Not so the people who wanted to pass on the pavements though, most of them younger families with kids, they couldn't give a FF for social distancing.

Oddly in the shops i've found the opposite & it's the much older than will still brush past you, or in the case of one local supermarket totally ignore the one way system clearly marked out up & down the isles.

S"

Agree. I've had parents scoop up their children as I passed as far as humanly possible in my wheelchair, as if I might not only infect them with Covid, but with my scary wheelchair disease too. That's a new thing. I've never had people try and get to the opposite side of the road before, even on a very wide pavement. Obviously, in the chair, my options for rapidly jumping off kerbs is limited

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Luckily many will use fab age to avoid lol...

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Sorry but I wont be isolating again . Social distancing , hand washing , masks yes but not stay at home again . My mental health is far more important

"

West Wales

"Many of the bikers in Wales out on the roads are the over 50's, i'm one of them. It's ok saying riding a bike is social distancing but you still have to stop for fuel, food etc. Must admit considering the size of the group we for the most part did keep our distances when chatting, queuing for food etc. Not so the people who wanted to pass on the pavements though, most of them younger families with kids, they couldn't give a FF for social distancing.

S

Agree. I've had parents scoop up their children as I passed as far as humanly possible in my wheelchair, as if I might not only infect them with Covid, but with my scary wheelchair disease too. That's a new thing. I've never had people try and get to the opposite side of the road before, even on a very wide pavement. Obviously, in the chair, my options for rapidly jumping off kerbs is limited "

Idiots, grabbing your kids to move out of the way is one thing but that is just dumb & crass.

S

West Wales

"Luckily many will use fab age to avoid lol..."

Forum Mod

East Sussex

S

Agree. I've had parents scoop up their children as I passed as far as humanly possible in my wheelchair, as if I might not only infect them with Covid, but with my scary wheelchair disease too. That's a new thing. I've never had people try and get to the opposite side of the road before, even on a very wide pavement. Obviously, in the chair, my options for rapidly jumping off kerbs is limited "

Sometimes people are extra cautious around people in wheelchairs because they want to make things easier for them.

North West

S

Agree. I've had parents scoop up their children as I passed as far as humanly possible in my wheelchair, as if I might not only infect them with Covid, but with my scary wheelchair disease too. That's a new thing. I've never had people try and get to the opposite side of the road before, even on a very wide pavement. Obviously, in the chair, my options for rapidly jumping off kerbs is limited

Sometimes people are extra cautious around people in wheelchairs because they want to make things easier for them. "

Its interesting that it's a very new, Covid era thing

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Millions of over-50s could be told to stay at home to avoid second nationwide lockdown - is the headline."

Defo

Everyone over 50 should get an immediate final salary pension.

Up income tax to 60 % and job done

BRILLIANT

Of course the over 50's need to go on lockdown, all the nurseries have gone bust and someone has to provide childcare (given that these days both parents need to work to survive financially). 4 grandchildren here tomorrow so mum n dad can work

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Millions of over-50s could be told to stay at home to avoid second nationwide lockdown - is the headline.

Defo

BRILLIANT "

Now that does sound good

"Sorry but I wont be isolating again . Social distancing , hand washing , masks yes but not stay at home again . My mental health is far more important

Same here.x"

Ditto

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

It would be better to lower back the pension age back to 63 , age is a factor within many other illnesses too. Flinging people to 67 and ready to drop is not the correct thing to do

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Defo

BRILLIANT "

I don't want to pay 60% tax on my pension . I wouldn't have wanted to pay 60% tax when I was working either.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It would be better to lower back the pension age back to 63 , age is a factor within many other illnesses too. Flinging people to 67 and ready to drop is not the correct thing to do "

When I started work my pension age was 60. It's now 66.

good!

spread the love of boosting immunity and wholesome healthy foods.

x

yup.

Hancock claims evidence of virus spread only applies to households and not work.

SHOW US!

like they have no scientific evidence for virus doing what they claim they do.

all just assertions . lies.

the wetlands

Defo

BRILLIANT

I don't want to pay 60% tax on my pension . I wouldn't have wanted to pay 60% tax when I was working either. "

You won't that's not how tax works

the wetlands

It's just clicked

Boris needs the over 50s to support his Brexit just in case

We won’t be locking down while they allow hundreds of virus carriers land on our beaches from France and put them up in hotels . One rule for us one for them.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Defo

BRILLIANT

I don't want to pay 60% tax on my pension . I wouldn't have wanted to pay 60% tax when I was working either.

You won't that's not how tax works"

Why do I pay tax if my pension is over the threshold? I'm doing something wrong here

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

[Removed by poster at 04/08/20 09:04:33]

barnstaple

The nhs will shut down without the 50's and over, bring in anyone of colour into that equation and, the nhs is fucked.

barnstaple

A factual statement. The old dears in Sainsbury's here do NOT stay 2m away from anyone, trust me! "

Old dears !!

Pot... Kettle

Load of crap !!"

Your ability to debate is outstanding .

Experience is qualitative data and is a non-representational snapshot of what is happening in one area at one time, something one doesn't expect to be able to generalise with.

Pot... Kettle

Load of crap !!

And young people keep to the rules !!! Yeah ok "

You are funny . The experience does not refute or back up what you're stating.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"It would be better to lower back the pension age back to 63 , age is a factor within many other illnesses too. Flinging people to 67 and ready to drop is not the correct thing to do

When I started work my pension age was 60. It's now 66. "

That's disgraceful really.. changing the rules with an excuse we are living longer .. . I think this needs relooking at as the life expectancy has gone done recently rather than rising !

Self assessment "

They will have to lock me up rather than lock me down if an absurd rule like this was brought in. I think it's just a bit of blue sky thinking being put on the agenda rather than a serious idea.

"The nhs will shut down without the 50's and over, bring in anyone of colour into that equation and, the nhs is fucked. "

That is a very fair point

So I wont be staying in.

Your immunity will be on the wane now. Seems to be about 3 months of immune "memory", less if the illness was very mild. I would still be wary. I dont get these reports about decreased numbers of antibodies 3 month later.

My understanding was when your body gets infected with a virus .

It creates antibodies to fight off and kill said virus.

Once the virus has gone most of those antibodies die off because the threat is no longer there.

But the t cells remember the virus make up.

So when the virus tries to reinfect the body the antibodies multiply in numbers and kills it off before it gets a foothold again.

So its natural that 3 month after infection you would have less antibody as the threat is not there..

Depends what reports your read.

Some reports say 3 months sone say a lifetime."

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"It would be better to lower back the pension age back to 63 , age is a factor within many other illnesses too. Flinging people to 67 and ready to drop is not the correct thing to do

When I started work my pension age was 60. It's now 66.

That's disgraceful really.. changing the rules with an excuse we are living longer .. . I think this needs relooking at as the life expectancy has gone done recently rather than rising !"

The way i look at it years ago people left school at 15 or 16 then started work they paid into retiring at 65 these days kids are leaving school later many going to university so need to work to an older age to pay for it.The only alternative is to pay a lot more NI and i cant see people liking that.

"Sorry, wont be going back into lockdown just because im over 50. I suffered depression last time and my mental health suffered. I will wear a ask and keep my distance, but wont return to live like a goldfish in a bowl."

My thoughts are this.. More people getting tested = more positive test results. The more people that are positive and passing around the virus is actually weakening the virus hence the very low death rate

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"My thoughts are this.. More people getting tested = more positive test results. The more people that are positive and passing around the virus is actually weakening the virus hence the very low death rate "

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think the virus is weakened by being spread over a wider population.

the wetlands

Defo

BRILLIANT

Why do I pay tax if my pension is over the threshold? I'm doing something wrong here "

Sounds like you need an accountant.

the wetlands

"My thoughts are this.. More people getting tested = more positive test results. The more people that are positive and passing around the virus is actually weakening the virus hence the very low death rate "

Or the demographic of those testing positive is changed as the more susceptible are being careful

It is actually showned that is it the younger generation that spreads it more, it was on a recent debate about it as they are the ones who dont follow the distancing rule and how many are in a group.

Dudley

Even though we are seeing spikes in some areas, we are still making progress, we all just need to do our part to continue making progress.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

Dose over 50 include politicians police officers doctors surgeons super market operatives.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

And what about the over 50s who run business, paying wages.

Generating Vat NI INCOM TAX.

oh should we just shut.

Oh I forgot corporation tax.

Ye

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Defo

BRILLIANT

Why do I pay tax if my pension is over the threshold? I'm doing something wrong here

Sounds like you need an accountant.

"

Lol. I wish

Dudley

Do anyone you realise this actually isn't going to happen?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Do anyone you realise this actually isn't going to happen?"

Yep