FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Positive Test

Positive Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishunicorn OP   Man  over a year ago

Cookstown

My work mate has informed us his father has tested positive for the virus as of last Friday 31/07. He has not been in contact with his father for a full week on or around 25/07 and they were out doors. None of us are showing symptoms. Do I need to

Isolate?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By the government's suggestions yes. He could've caught it then and could still be asymptomatic. It would then take longer to show symptoms for you and others around you.

By *oey69essexdoggerMan  over a year ago

Clacton-on-Sea

Maybe better to call your GP and ask, rather than a swinging site !

In my humble opinion

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"My work mate has informed us his father has tested positive for the virus as of last Friday 31/07. He has not been in contact with his father for a full week on or around 25/07 and they were out doors. None of us are showing symptoms. Do I need to

Isolate? "

I’d visit the NHS websites:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/

Having said that, based on the first link, you should continue to go about your life unless you present symptoms.

Ringing 111 to confirm might give you some peace of mind.

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"My work mate has informed us his father has tested positive for the virus as of last Friday 31/07. He has not been in contact with his father for a full week on or around 25/07 and they were out doors. None of us are showing symptoms. Do I need to

Isolate?

I’d visit the NHS websites:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/

Having said that, based on the first link, you should continue to go about your life unless you present symptoms.

Ringing 111 to confirm might give you some peace of mind.

"

Should say - unless you’re work colleague has presented symptoms. If he has then you should isolate.

Give 111 a call, it’s what it’s there for.

If you do call them they will probably shut you down just to be safe even if you feel 100% ok

It’s a flawed system because you will have to stay off work and as your not sick you will not get paid

By *oldyoudown41Man  over a year ago

caledonian

"Maybe better to call your GP and ask, rather than a swinging site !

In my humble opinion "

Exactly

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"My work mate has informed us his father has tested positive for the virus as of last Friday 31/07. He has not been in contact with his father for a full week on or around 25/07 and they were out doors. None of us are showing symptoms. Do I need your

Isolate? "

Technically your work colleague should have been told to isolate themselves though?

Cookstown

In my humble opinion "

Hi thanks for reply. I contacted my doctor at 9am this morning and was told if I am not showing symptoms I will not be tested.

Cromer

"If you do call them they will probably shut you down just to be safe even if you feel 100% ok

It’s a flawed system because you will have to stay off work and as your not sick you will not get paid "

If you are told to isolate you can claim sick pay....

Cookstown

"My work mate has informed us his father has tested positive for the virus as of last Friday 31/07. He has not been in contact with his father for a full week on or around 25/07 and they were out doors. None of us are showing symptoms. Do I need your

Isolate?

Technically your work colleague should have been told to isolate themselves though?"

He is isolating.

Cromer

Isolate?

Technically your work colleague should have been told to isolate themselves though? He is isolating. "

Hopefully his dad will make a full recovery and the virus won't have spread to your work colleague

Cookstown

Isolate?

Technically your work colleague should have been told to isolate themselves though? He is isolating.

Hopefully his dad will make a full recovery and the virus won't have spread to your work colleague "

I hope so too. It’s further complicated as we work in the hospital environment. We have asked for tests but as we are external contractors we have been refused tests

By *ustKeepSwinging999Couple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

You can refer yourself to a mobile testing site, and book online. You can say you may have been exposed to it, or just tell them you've had a temperature and a sore throat?!

Please consider that it can sometimes take 5 days from the time of contracting the virus for it to show up on a test.

And re isolating, if you're lucky enough to be able to work from home then just ask you're employer if this can be accommodated. If not, you could be forced to take leave which could be unpaid.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I've deleted posts

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Isolate?

Technically your work colleague should have been told to isolate themselves though? He is isolating.

Hopefully his dad will make a full recovery and the virus won't have spread to your work colleague I hope so too. It’s further complicated as we work in the hospital environment. We have asked for tests but as we are external contractors we have been refused tests "

just book online.

You don't even need to have symptoms

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

In my humble opinion Hi thanks for reply. I contacted my doctor at 9am this morning and was told if I am not showing symptoms I will not be tested. "

Nonsense, you can get a test within hours - symptoms or no symptoms

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

In my humble opinion Hi thanks for reply. I contacted my doctor at 9am this morning and was told if I am not showing symptoms I will not be tested.

Nonsense, you can get a test within hours - symptoms or no symptoms "

Tests are supposed to be for people showing symptoms or those advised to be tested by a medical professional, not just for people to take whenever they want.

In my humble opinion Hi thanks for reply. I contacted my doctor at 9am this morning and was told if I am not showing symptoms I will not be tested.

Tests are supposed to be for people showing symptoms or those advised to be tested by a medical professional, not just for people to take whenever they want. "

You're wrong, I got one yesterday with no systems, just got the all clear about 15 minutes ago

Tests are supposed to be for people showing symptoms or those advised to be tested by a medical professional, not just for people to take whenever they want.

You're wrong, I got one yesterday with no systems, just got the all clear about 15 minutes ago "

Symptoms*

Tests are supposed to be for people showing symptoms or those advised to be tested by a medical professional, not just for people to take whenever they want. "

They allow people to list in symptoms on the application now. And allow the tests. I've never yet not managed to get a test same day. So plenty of availability

Dudley

You're wrong, I got one yesterday with no systems, just got the all clear about 15 minutes ago "

Why did you get the test?

You're wrong, I got one yesterday with no systems, just got the all clear about 15 minutes ago

Why did you get the test? "

Curiosity

Dudley

Curiosity "

Ah right, so wasting NHS resources is fine?

Curiosity

Ah right, so wasting NHS resources is fine? "

What? 12 people tested positive last week where I work so don't lecture me

Dudley

Curiosity

What? 12 people tested positive last week where I work so don't lecture me"

I will lecture you, unless you show symptoms or are advised by a medical professional, you should not be wasting resources just for your own curiosity.

Curiosity

So why not lead with that when she asked the question?

Curiosity

I will lecture you, unless you show symptoms or are advised by a medical professional, you should not be wasting resources just for your own curiosity. "

Would it have been a waste of time if I'd tested positive?

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Isolate? "

Call 111 isolate for 7 Days, if any of the three main symptoms become evident get tested

Dudley

Curiosity

I will lecture you, unless you show symptoms or are advised by a medical professional, you should not be wasting resources just for your own curiosity.

Would it have been a waste of time if I'd tested positive? "

You didn't so that's irrelevant. You said yourself you had it for curiosity, not for any medical reason. Some companies have thousands of employees that never come into contact with one another so the outbreak at work might not even affect you.

Curiosity

It's worrying when you hear of people close by being positive, you'll be glad your mind was eased by getting the test I imagine.

By *ustfun 1984Man  over a year ago

exeter

Isolate?

Call 111 isolate for 7 Days, if any of the three main symptoms become evident get tested"

Think that is 10 days isolation now aswell

Curiosity

It's worrying when you hear of people close by being positive, you'll be glad your mind was eased by getting the test I imagine. "

Absolutely,it's rife here in Manchester apparently, piece of mind

I think they should now be inviting whole groups of people to be tested. As people are not taking up the daily test slots.

I have to have weekly tests for to a research project. I tick other and at the start I had to say which research. Now it just does it automatically.

I think the reason they listed headaches and some hayfever symptoms was to try and get more people going for tests

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Good for you. Actually the ONS do hundreds of random tests anyway so you took the right decision to be tested . No test is a waste of NHS resources

Curiosity

Would it have been a waste of time if I'd tested positive? "

Curiosity

I will lecture you, unless you show symptoms or are advised by a medical professional, you should not be wasting resources just for your own curiosity. "

How is he wasting resources when we have surplus tests every day now?

Add to that in Leicester they were shown on the news testing on the doorstep.

Manchester is a hot bed for covid...so unless they havent enough test kits left I think they should do what WHO says....test test test.

Dudley

Curiosity

Manchester is a hot bed for covid...so unless they havent enough test kits left I think they should do what WHO says....test test test."

He wanted the test for curiosity, each test costs money to take and process, if he didn't NEED the test, how isn't it a waste?

Cromer

Curiosity

Manchester is a hot bed for covid...so unless they havent enough test kits left I think they should do what WHO says....test test test.

He wanted the test for curiosity, each test costs money to take and process, if he didn't NEED the test, how isn't it a waste? "

People are tested randomly with no symptoms, you can be offered a test through the Zoe app , or you can request a test even if you are showing no symptoms as previously stated.

Testing is so ,so important and could have prevented more cases should he have been positive.

Curiosity

He wanted the test for curiosity, each test costs money to take and process, if he didn't NEED the test, how isn't it a waste? "

Whether it was curiosity or not if there is a high infected area they should be testing everyone they can...I very much doubt we haven't the capacity to do so.

And tbh i think only a fool who had been working close to 12 people who had shown positive...would not go to get a test that was available to them.

"If you do call them they will probably shut you down just to be safe even if you feel 100% ok

It’s a flawed system because you will have to stay off work and as your not sick you will not get paid

If you are told to isolate you can claim sick pay...."

£96 a week

£96 a week "

Didn't they put it up 20 quid a week...or have they taken it back now?

Dudley

Curiosity

He wanted the test for curiosity, each test costs money to take and process, if he didn't NEED the test, how isn't it a waste?

Whether it was curiosity or not if there is a high infected area they should be testing everyone they can...I very much doubt we haven't the capacity to do so.

And tbh i think only a fool who had been working close to 12 people who had shown positive...would not go to get a test that was available to them."

Where did he state he had been in close contact with them?

£96 a week

Didn't they put it up 20 quid a week...or have they taken it back now?"

£95.85p on the hmrc site

Curiosity

And tbh i think only a fool who had been working close to 12 people who had shown positive...would not go to get a test that was available to them.

Where did he state he had been in close contact with them? "

Stop fecking nit picking...he said he worked with them. That is reason enough for me.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I would much rather people got tested and even a high cost doesn't change my mind.

The NHS should be offering free tests! For covid now and the blood test for covid past.

These hospitals and test centres being manned and empty is a cost I feel is wasted, testing is something that should be done. It should be free and it should be more available than it is now.

You want the NHS to work towards helping the containment of covid then accept there's going to be a cost.

Just 1 or 2 positives a day could make a difference and the vast majority of people never show any symptoms.

Test any and every one that wants one or is advised to get one

Dudley

Curiosity

Stop fecking nit picking...he said he worked with them. That is reason enough for me."

No he didn't, he said they worked for the same company, there can be thousands of people working for the same company that never go anywhere near each other.

I stand by my opinion that people shouldn't just be going for a test because of 'curiosity', if you have a genuine fear that you may have covid, contact 111 or your GP and follow professional advice.

Cromer

Curiosity

Stop fecking nit picking...he said he worked with them. That is reason enough for me.

No he didn't, he said they worked for the same company, there can be thousands of people working for the same company that never go anywhere near each other.

I stand by my opinion that people shouldn't just be going for a test because of 'curiosity', if you have a genuine fear that you may have covid, contact 111 or your GP and follow professional advice. "

Advice is just to get a test which you can do by going on the website,no need to contact your GP or 111 unless you are suffering

Cromer

[Removed by poster at 03/08/20 21:43:46]

Cromer

Curiosity

I stand by my opinion that people shouldn't just be going for a test because of 'curiosity', if you have a genuine fear that you may have covid, contact 111 or your GP and follow professional advice. "

From what I just read on the gov site to book a test it says it's also recommended to get a test if you live or work in an area where there is an outbreak.

Cookstown

Curiosity

It's worrying when you hear of people close by being positive, you'll be glad your mind was eased by getting the test I imagine. "

exactly. I’ve a pre existing medical condition.

Curiosity

I stand by my opinion that people shouldn't just be going for a test because of 'curiosity', if you have a genuine fear that you may have covid, contact 111 or your GP and follow professional advice.

Advice is just to get a test which you can do by going on the website,no need to contact your GP or 111 unless you are suffering"

And seens as they say a number of people with the virus are asymptomatic then why should someone only request a test if they have symptoms?

Dudley

Wonderful idea, just tell everyone to get tested for whatever reason they see fit, overwhelm the test centres and the labs then bitch when genuine sufferers can't get a test perfect idea.

Cromer

"Wonderful idea, just tell everyone to get tested for whatever reason they see fit, overwhelm the test centres and the labs then bitch when genuine sufferers can't get a test perfect idea. "

What I've stated is the governments guidelines on who should get a test, capacity at the moment far exceeds tests being done

Dudley

"Wonderful idea, just tell everyone to get tested for whatever reason they see fit, overwhelm the test centres and the labs then bitch when genuine sufferers can't get a test perfect idea.

What I've stated is the governments guidelines on who should get a test, capacity at the moment far exceeds tests being done"

Yep but nowhere does it say you can get one if you're curious.

"Wonderful idea, just tell everyone to get tested for whatever reason they see fit, overwhelm the test centres and the labs then bitch when genuine sufferers can't get a test perfect idea. "

But seens as you don't have to have symptoms to have Covid then why should tests only be reserved for people with symptoms? Makes no sense

[Removed by poster at 03/08/20 22:07:56]

Curiosity

I just cant be bothered with you

Dudley

"Wonderful idea, just tell everyone to get tested for whatever reason they see fit, overwhelm the test centres and the labs then bitch when genuine sufferers can't get a test perfect idea.

But seens as you don't have to have symptoms to have Covid then why should tests only be reserved for people with symptoms? Makes no sense"

I also said anyone that is advised to have one by a medical professional, not just because you fancy getting a test.

Dudley

Curiosity

I just cant be bothered with you "

Tootles then.

"I would much rather people got tested and even a high cost doesn't change my mind.

The NHS should be offering free tests! For covid now and the blood test for covid past.

These hospitals and test centres being manned and empty is a cost I feel is wasted, testing is something that should be done. It should be free and it should be more available than it is now.

You want the NHS to work towards helping the containment of covid then accept there's going to be a cost.

Just 1 or 2 positives a day could make a difference and the vast majority of people never show any symptoms.

Test any and every one that wants one or is advised to get one "

This^^^

Testing is everything...penny pinching does not work.

"I would much rather people got tested and even a high cost doesn't change my mind.

Test any and every one that wants one or is advised to get one

This^^^

Testing is everything...penny pinching does not work."

Exactly this

Seens as you don't have to have symtoms to have Covid then what is the point in only testing people who display potential symptoms

Curiosity

From what I just read on the gov site to book a test it says it's also recommended to get a test if you live or work in an area where there is an outbreak.

"

You may as well talk to a stone wall as to some on here...

Staggering that you would ask on a swinging site is it that more important than doing as guidelines say which are well known.

Curiosity

You may as well talk to a stone wall as to some on here..."

The problem is some people seem to think their view is the only one that matters. Its quite cringeworthy

Dudley

Curiosity

You may as well talk to a stone wall as to some on here...

The problem is some people seem to think their view is the only one that matters. Its quite cringeworthy"

Yep, some people are funny like that.

Curiosity

It's worrying when you hear of people close by being positive, you'll be glad your mind was eased by getting the test I imagine.

Absolutely,it's rife here in Manchester apparently, piece of mind"

Well I'm glad you got a negative result and I believe you did the right thing there's nothing wrong in being curious about your own health especially if it's prevalent around you, as has been mentioned, many carriers are asymptomatic and are potentially infecting others without knowing it.

Curiosity

Well I'm glad you got a negative result and I believe you did the right thing there's nothing wrong in being curious about your own health especially if it's prevalent around you, as has been mentioned, many carriers are asymptomatic and are potentially infecting others without knowing it. "

Curiosity

Well I'm glad you got a negative result and I believe you did the right thing there's nothing wrong in being curious about your own health especially if it's prevalent around you, as has been mentioned, many carriers are asymptomatic and are potentially infecting others without knowing it. "

Cookstown

"Staggering that you would ask on a swinging site is it that more important than doing as guidelines say which are well known."
This does not make sense

By *hrobberMan  over a year ago

North West

Go for a test

Curiosity

Apparently I wasted nhs time and money

Curiosity

Well I'm glad you got a negative result and I believe you did the right thing there's nothing wrong in being curious about your own health especially if it's prevalent around you, as has been mentioned, many carriers are asymptomatic and are potentially infecting others without knowing it.

Apparently I wasted nhs time and money"

Dont listen to the idiots mate...they know who they are

Dudley

Curiosity

Apparently I wasted nhs time and money"

In my opinion your excuse of curiosity isn't good enough. I stand by that.

It's unfortunate that some people can't have a debate without resorting to insults.

By *estrianguyMan  over a year ago

chester

Just get a test simples

Curiosity

It's unfortunate that some people can't have a debate without resorting to insults. "

So me being curious whether I had a killer virus is not good enough reason for a test?

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Test any and every one that wants one or is advised to get one "

I agree.

We haven’t tested enough people in this country. I live in greater Manchester and around my area we are being encouraged to test with or without symptoms. That way if you have it you can isolate and help stop the spread as quite a few people are symptomless.

Cookstown

Hi folks great input from everyone. There is no right or wrong answer really. I simply wanted tested for a number of reasons

1) I have come into contact with someone who has been in touch with a person with positive test. I thought my case warranted a test based on points 1&2

2) I have a pre existing medical condition

3) I actually work in the hospital setting based within a hospital 2 days per week as an external construction professional. The hospital don’t see us as staff so we can’t get tested.

4) I simply want to know if I have the Rona so I can avoid spread.

But all in all my docs and 111 have stated I’m at low risk and best thing to do is await symptoms. I disagree with it. But I’ll abide the rules ( for now)

My work colleague has even been refused a test as he only touched base with his father once in 10 days which was outdoors and before the infection period. That’s what track and trace told him.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Isolate? "

Ring 111 or go on their website.

Isolate? "

You should book in and get swabbed, until you get results, isolate

Cromer

Isolate?

You should book in and get swabbed, until you get results, isolate "

Agreed

Cookstown

Isolate?

You should book in and get swabbed, until you get results, isolate "

I can’t get tested. I’m not showing symptoms.

Cromer

Isolate?

You should book in and get swabbed, until you get results, isolate .

I can’t get tested. I’m not showing symptoms."

You can get tested,you need to go on the government book a test website and answer the questions,you can either order a home test or book an on site test, it will take no time at all and is easy to do

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

In my humble opinion "

Cookstown

Isolate?

You can get tested,you need to go on the government book a test website and answer the questions,you can either order a home test or book an on site test, it will take no time at all and is easy to do "

so lie that I have symptoms?

Cookstown

In my humble opinion "

Done that already.

Cromer

Isolate?

You can get tested,you need to go on the government book a test website and answer the questions,you can either order a home test or book an on site test, it will take no time at all and is easy to do so lie that I have symptoms? "

No,it will ask if you have symptoms and you can tick the no box

Cookstown

Isolate?

You can get tested,you need to go on the government book a test website and answer the questions,you can either order a home test or book an on site test, it will take no time at all and is easy to do so lie that I have symptoms?

No,it will ask if you have symptoms and you can tick the no box"

Have you a link to this app?

Cromer

Isolate?

You can get tested,you need to go on the government book a test website and answer the questions,you can either order a home test or book an on site test, it will take no time at all and is easy to do so lie that I have symptoms?

Have you a link to this app? "

Just type into Google,book covid 19 test and you will find it that way, it's the government website

I had a test last week as I had a cough. There was hardly anyone there, and people just standing round waiting. The facilities are available for use.

Cookstown

Isolate?

Have you a link to this app?

Just type into Google,book covid 19 test and you will find it that way, it's the government website"

thanks

Cookstown

"I had a test last week as I had a cough. There was hardly anyone there, and people just standing round waiting. The facilities are available for use."
agreed

Cromer

"I had a test last week as I had a cough. There was hardly anyone there, and people just standing round waiting. The facilities are available for use."

Hope you had a negative result and are feeling better

"I had a test last week as I had a cough. There was hardly anyone there, and people just standing round waiting. The facilities are available for use.

Hope you had a negative result and are feeling better "

I did have a negative test, thankyou

HC

Dudley

Curiosity

It's unfortunate that some people can't have a debate without resorting to insults.

So me being curious whether I had a killer virus is not good enough reason for a test? "

I don't think curiosity is a good enough reason, no. You didn't suspect you had it, you just decided to have a test. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what I think now, you did it, I don't agree, that's the long and the short of it.

Curiosity

So me being curious whether I had a killer virus is not good enough reason for a test?

I don't think curiosity is a good enough reason, no. You didn't suspect you had it, you just decided to have a test. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what I think now, you did it, I don't agree, that's the long and the short of it. "

Thank you,hope we chat again under better circumstances

Dudley

Curiosity

I don't think curiosity is a good enough reason, no. You didn't suspect you had it, you just decided to have a test. Honestly, it doesn't really matter what I think now, you did it, I don't agree, that's the long and the short of it.

Thank you,hope we chat again under better circumstances "

Curiosity

Thank you,hope we chat again under better circumstances

"

Totally agree with this! I said the same in this post yesterday (although not so well articulated) and received a 24hr ban ! Although it was more likely the fact I pointed out why ask a site where 95% of couple profiles are fake that may have been too true for site comfort! Lets wait for a further ban and see!

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 04/08/20 19:35:29]

By *obbie BelleTV/TS  over a year ago

Preston, Lancaster, Blackpool

You don't need to ask for a test.

So why would you say you were refused?

That's the confusing part.

I booked one on Saturday lunchtime.

Tested at 7.30pm Saturday night.

Result by early afternoon Sunday.

Loads of spare capacity.

Get tested it just makes sense!

Cookstown

"You don't need to ask for a test.

So why would you say you were refused?

That's the confusing part.

I booked one on Saturday lunchtime.

Tested at 7.30pm Saturday night.

Result by early afternoon Sunday.

Loads of spare capacity.

Get tested it just makes sense!

"

Hi I was told by the docs I was not to get a test. I took that as a refusal. I was not aware I could book a test online. The docs simply never told me that I could book a test on line. I Am now aware I Can book online without a referral from my doctor. So my post had worked.

» Add a new message to this topic