Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etsome OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

These are the things that don't sit right with me about this pandemic:

Flattening the sombraro mutating into something completely different

The dancing nurses when the ICU's were supposedly overflowing

The Daily Mail saying psychopathic narcissists were more likely to be anti mask

The droning of people walking their dogs in the mucked of nowhere

US mayor breaking lockdown rules in having her hair done because her job required it

Having to choose between having pubs or schools

People over 6ft being more likely to die

Cats catching covid19 leading people to say we would have to kill all our feline friends

Gym owners having to break into their own businesses in the US

A nurse getting ill due to wearing mask and getting bacterial infection

Gove saying no masks and the next day mandatory masks being announced

Scottish health adviser breaking rules

Cummings saga with Maitlis getting on her soap box

Professor lockdown getting his legover

Professor lockdown's previous models being shit but no one in the MSM pointing this out

The phrase new normal being used at the same time globally by all global msm outlets

No one seeing the link between more testing producing more cases

Deaths being the big issue until there were fewer deaths when it was suddenly all about more infections

The claim this will not be over until we get a vaccine even though there has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus

The claim there were not enough infected people to trial a vaccine

Public health england just saying if someone had died after testing positive for covid then they died of covid

Photos of beaches from a side on perspective to make them look packed when they weren't

Everyone saying Cummings made people ignore lockdown when professor lockdown's indiscretion came first

AMERICAS FRONTLINE DOCTORS" - THE VIDEO THE ENTIRE MAINSTREAM SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS DELETED

Hydroxychloroquine being given in 4 times recommended dose - which killed patients and then saying it didn't work

The Lancet debacle

BBC and government scaremongering about a second wave before first one has had chance to go through

Leaving the airports open and saying it wound make little difference to close them but now closing them because it will maybe a difference

News headlines saying antibody test would be a game changer

Me getting a £70 antibody test from superdrug and then getting my money back after the government advised against having that test

Boris flatten the sombraro Johnson making a joke in the commons about beauticians not being able to open

The suggestion that ee save the nhs by decimating the economy that pays for it

Boris telling the young people whose education he had badly damaged that they are the ones who will restore us to our former glory even though they now know if they start a business Bojo will destroy it there is another bat virus

A doctor on GMB saying we should go for zero covid policy

The 100 percent positive ratios from some labs which is statistically impossible

A government produced picture of man turning up for a test in a car on his own wearing a mask

Chinese people in wuhan being shown falling over on the street because of covid19

Have I missed anything?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The Lancet debacle?

Copy and paste from the flat earth site?

how would we know if you missed something that doesn’t sit right with you?

posts like this leave me confused tbh ... you are essentially saying it doesn't sit right with you that different experts from different fields and at different times with different data available came to different conclusions which might contradict each other

oh and politicians and media are a law unto them selves

would that be an appropriate summary?? if so my only response is no sh*t sherlock

must be the aliens fault

Five months in and people still taking these people on.

They’ve been saying the same thing all along. It doesn’t matter what you say, it doesn’t matter what evidence you point them to.

It’s the same few names over and over. As soon as you see the name you know what they are going to say.

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

"The Lancet debacle? "

I believe this in relation to the lancet putting out papers saying Hydroxychloroquine was not only not helping but actually killing patients.

The papers where then retracted after questions where raised where the funding came from and there was suggestion it was from big pharma.

And the claims of the study could not be substantiated.

The problem with stuff is it got the kiss of death as soon as trump started touting it as cure which parts of public interrupted as having vaccine qualities

But OP if you are referring to something else...

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Sadiq Khan at first telling commuters using tubes and buses was perfectly safe, then changing his mind.

Sadiq Khan (and TFL) telling people not to travel and deciding to slash services so as to make social distancing impossible.

Sadiq Khan (and TFL) then realising that no commuters=no revenue. Goes to the government for a bailout and sells out motorists (agian) by extending the congestion charge days and hours

birmingham

"The Lancet debacle?

I believe this in relation to the lancet putting out papers saying Hydroxychloroquine was not only not helping but actually killing patients.

The papers where then retracted after questions where raised where the funding came from and there was suggestion it was from big pharma.

The problem with stuff is it got the kiss of death as soon as trump started touting it as cure which parts of public interrupted as having vaccine qualities

But OP if you are referring to something else... "

No that's spot on

birmingham

Fauci demasking when he thinks cameras are of him. He either thinks they should be worn or he doesn't

News reporter in US saying no one is wearing masks and a passer by telling him his camera man isn't wearing one either

People being allowed exercise but people such as the elderly not being able to take a rest on a bench half way through their exercise

Lack of social distancing being demonised by the msm unless it's during a blm protest or the pulling down of statues

OP I'd suggest you step away from the internet

And the telly

You're driving yaself barmy

NW London

Vitamin D being beneficial to health and immune systems, sunbathers told to go home by police.

"The Lancet debacle?

But OP if you are referring to something else... "

Pretty much all research papers record their funding, hence making bias aware. So the problem was what?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Five months in and people still taking these people on.

They’ve been saying the same thing all along. It doesn’t matter what you say, it doesn’t matter what evidence you point them to.

It’s the same few names over and over. As soon as you see the name you know what they are going to say."

I don't do it for them. I do it for the neutral observer who might be willing to learn something

Leicester / London

"The Lancet debacle?

Pretty much all research papers record their funding, hence making bias aware. So the problem was what? "

Look at from the other perspective.

Big tabaco hired medical experts in the 50s to use science to explain smoking was healthy.

If big pharmaceutical are saying a pre existing medical compound exists that also now out of licence.

It limits their potential for funding new a specific drug for covid 19.

Basicalt the suggestion was they where financially motivated to discredit the use of Hydroxychloroquine

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Is this copied from fbook or somewhere else, as much of it has no leg in stand on and verges dangerously close to some of the conspiracy theory posts that we've had.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Have I missed anything?

"

Yes.

Having a life.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

You missed your stop on the crazy train

birmingham

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life. "

I want my old life not this new normal

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

I want my old life not this new normal "

That's unlikely.

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Unfortunately, the simple answer to that is tough, you can't have it. The virus doesn't care what you want or what you think you should be able to do. It's a very harsh lesson to face, but ultimately, if you don't try to adapt you will just inflict greater pain on yourself. Refocus and try to find the good in new experiences that you can still have, all the things you took for granted have value, you just don't normally see or appreciate it.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Unfortunately, the simple answer to that is tough, you can't have it. The virus doesn't care what you want or what you think you should be able to do. It's a very harsh lesson to face, but ultimately, if you don't try to adapt you will just inflict greater pain on yourself. Refocus and try to find the good in new experiences that you can still have, all the things you took for granted have value, you just don't normally see or appreciate it. "

If we get on with it we might have a chance of getting rid of the new normal.

If we spread misinformation and don't do what we need to do to contain the virus, we won't. Simple as that.

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Unfortunately, the simple answer to that is tough, you can't have it. The virus doesn't care what you want or what you think you should be able to do. It's a very harsh lesson to face, but ultimately, if you don't try to adapt you will just inflict greater pain on yourself. Refocus and try to find the good in new experiences that you can still have, all the things you took for granted have value, you just don't normally see or appreciate it.

If we get on with it we might have a chance of getting rid of the new normal.

If we spread misinformation and don't do what we need to do to contain the virus, we won't. Simple as that."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"These are the things that don't sit right with me about this pandemic:

US mayor breaking lockdown rules in having her hair done because her job required it

Cats catching covid19 leading people to say we would have to kill all our feline friends

Professor lockdown's previous models being shit but no one in the MSM pointing this out

The phrase new normal being used at the same time globally by all global msm outlets

Deaths being the big issue until there were fewer deaths when it was suddenly all about more infections

The claim this will not be over until we get a vaccine even though there has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus

Public health england just saying if someone had died after testing positive for covid then they died of covid

Photos of beaches from a side on perspective to make them look packed when they weren't

Everyone saying Cummings made people ignore lockdown when professor lockdown's indiscretion came first

AMERICAS FRONTLINE DOCTORS" - THE VIDEO THE ENTIRE MAINSTREAM SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS DELETED

Hydroxychloroquine being given in 4 times recommended dose - which killed patients and then saying it didn't work

The Lancet debacle

BBC and government scaremongering about a second wave before first one has had chance to go through

Leaving the airports open and saying it wound make little difference to close them but now closing them because it will maybe a difference

Me getting a £70 antibody test from superdrug and then getting my money back after the government advised against having that test

Boris flatten the sombraro Johnson making a joke in the commons about beauticians not being able to open

Boris telling the young people whose education he had badly damaged that they are the ones who will restore us to our former glory even though they now know if they start a business Bojo will destroy it there is another bat virus

The 100 percent positive ratios from some labs which is statistically impossible

A government produced picture of man turning up for a test in a car on his own wearing a mask

Chinese people in wuhan being shown falling over on the street because of covid19

Have I missed anything?

"

Your meds?

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

Your meds?"

Leicestershire

"

Basicalt the suggestion was they where financially motivated to discredit the use of Hydroxychloroquine"

Which has been doing the rounds for months now and there is absolutely no proof

Hydroxychloroquine still hasn't been validated as an effective agent against covid.

That aside, it still has a value and quite a substantial one if purchased in bulk - so what is the commercial sense of a company not selling something it already has as opposed to something it may never have?

This is just more nutjob bullshit.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Think it's called "Science" the stuff that came after we gave religion 200 odd years & witches & witch doctors a fair crack of the whip but we were still dying so...

birmingham

Another weird thing is that we are creating hundreds of tons of biohazardous material that should be being collected by people in hazmat suits

Op forgot... Funerals in NI limited to ten mourners unless the person being mourned was an IRA member from back in the day. Political leaders could then attend with several hundred mourners whilst ordinary folks had to stay away from non terrorist funerals.

It was almost as if the politicians didn't believe in the lockdown rules they were mandating.

Leicester / London

"

Basicalt the suggestion was they where financially motivated to discredit the use of Hydroxychloroquine

Hydroxychloroquine still hasn't been validated as an effective agent against covid.

That aside, it still has a value and quite a substantial one if purchased in bulk - so what is the commercial sense of a company not selling something it already has as opposed to something it may never have?

This is just more nutjob bullshit."

To clarify this isn't my opinion I was explain the OPs initial comments to another poster.

2nd Hydroxychloroquine is now an unlicensed drug. This stuff has been around for decades

For those that don't understand how pharmacy works... When a new drug is created the firm licences the drug and has a monopoly on the drug.

Once the licence ends it becomes a "genric"

It also a has pretty much no value... These are cheap when mass produced pre covid. In by the way mainly China and india

Pretty much ever antimalarial was used at the initial outbreak all with different levels of success and failure.

The suggestion was big pharma wanted government money to research a new specific covid 19 drug. And the paper was released and was based against Hydroxy chloroquine. When it emerged big pharma was behind funding the study well you can imagine what the conspiracy theoriest thought

But if you dont think big pharma lobbies government for funding you have no idea how the American health care system works.

"Another weird thing is that we are creating hundreds of tons of biohazardous material that should be being collected by people in hazmat suits"

Well, when you figure out a way of actually being able to implement that idea, do let the governments of the entire world know Until then, we shall just have to put up with a normal bin. Unless you're one of those slobs who throws masks and gloves on the pavement round my way.

"The Lancet debacle?

Pretty much all research papers record their funding, hence making bias aware. So the problem was what?

Big tabaco hired medical experts in the 50s to use science to explain smoking was healthy.

If big pharmaceutical are saying a pre existing medical compound exists that also now out of licence.

Basicalt the suggestion was they where financially motivated to discredit the use of Hydroxychloroquine"

Yes and it's up to those of us who read research to critique it and work out rigor, validity, etc etc.

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Tough. Learn to adapt or suffer.

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Unfortunately, the simple answer to that is tough, you can't have it. The virus doesn't care what you want or what you think you should be able to do. It's a very harsh lesson to face, but ultimately, if you don't try to adapt you will just inflict greater pain on yourself. Refocus and try to find the good in new experiences that you can still have, all the things you took for granted have value, you just don't normally see or appreciate it. "

Ooh deja vu

"

This is just more nutjob bullshit.

To clarify this isn't my opinion I was explain the OPs initial comments to another poster.

2nd Hydroxychloroquine is now an unlicensed drug. This stuff has been around for decades

For those that don't understand how pharmacy works... When a new drug is created the firm licences the drug and has a monopoly on the drug.

Once the licence ends it becomes a "genric"

It also a has pretty much no value... These are cheap when mass produced pre covid. In by the way mainly China and india

Pretty much ever antimalarial was used at the initial outbreak all with different levels of success and failure.

The suggestion was big pharma wanted government money to research a new specific covid 19 drug. And the paper was released and was based against Hydroxy chloroquine. When it emerged big pharma was behind funding the study well you can imagine what the conspiracy theoriest thought

But if you dont think big pharma lobbies government for funding you have no idea how the American health care system works.

"

Generic

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Colchester

It’s the same few names over and over. As soon as you see the name you know what they are going to say."

Totally...

Double edged sword..

Colchester

It’s the same few names over and over. As soon as you see the name you know what they are going to say.

I don't do it for them. I do it for the neutral observer who might be willing to learn something"

Learn from who exactly.. ?

Colchester

"The Lancet debacle?

Yes and it's up to those of us who read research to critique it and work out rigor, validity, etc etc. "

Lions led by donkeys springs to mind..

Leicester / London

"The Lancet debacle?

Yes and it's up to those of us who read research to critique it and work out rigor, validity, etc etc. "

If its printed in the daily mail yes

But theres no doubt... the lancet drop the ball on this one.

Im not agreeing on way or the other.

Hydroxychloroquine might have had some kind of therapeutic potential.

But it's name has been tarnish after president mango man himself told the American people to ingest it and its chemical cleaning derivative...

A fish tank cleaning agent

As preventative.

But we shouldnt mock this or those with wild theories to much.

I believe an American actually died after following trumps advice and swallowed bottles of the stuff

Manchester (she/her)

I don't do it for them. I do it for the neutral observer who might be willing to learn something

Learn from who exactly.. ?"

Those who have sought out reliable information rather than spouting nonsense

Colchester

Learn from who exactly.. ?

Those who have sought out reliable information rather than spouting nonsense"

You are well qualified to judge

Weird propoganda that I found off Facebook:

INSERT 100 WILDY VARYING CLAIMS THAT TAKE LITERAL DAYS TO DEBUNK IN FULL AND PROCLAIM VICTORY WHEN NO-ONE CAN ANSWER WITHIN 5 MINUTES.

Did I miss anything? No? Good.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People tart talking more crap than ever lol

We can catch the virus by visiting my mums but it's ok to go to the pub

By *ugRollersCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

5 months on and we are no further forward .... 5 months on and I still don’t know anyone who has tested positive ... 5 months on and they are just changing the rules as they go along ... 5 months on and I don’t care any more life’s for living

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yawn. Seriously bored of people criticising others when they didnt have the balls to stand up and make a difference themselves at the time. Hindsight apparently allows you the luxury of wisdom. Clever clever clever people.

Leicestershire

"Weird propoganda that I found off Facebook:

INSERT 100 WILDY VARYING CLAIMS THAT TAKE LITERAL DAYS TO DEBUNK IN FULL AND PROCLAIM VICTORY WHEN NO-ONE CAN ANSWER WITHIN 5 MINUTES.

Did I miss anything? No? Good."

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

yes 5 months of slowly slowly bringing in the new normal, slowly slowly taking away your rights ready to implement the new normal,

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"yes 5 months of slowly slowly bringing in the new normal, slowly slowly taking away your rights ready to implement the new normal, "

Pray tell..

What is this new normal, when will it be implemented..?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Jaysus is tinfoil the new toilet roll

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Tough. Learn to adapt or suffer. "

Suffer?

"

Have I missed anything?

Yes.

Having a life.

Tough. Learn to adapt or suffer.

Suffer?"

People who do not adapt to a changing environment tend to suffer like the swimmer who goes against the flow. Obviously not the aching muscles but another way of making life hard for themselves.

Leicestershire

"yes 5 months of slowly slowly bringing in the new normal, slowly slowly taking away your rights ready to implement the new normal, "

Central

We need a new forum area for inane BS threads.

Leicestershire

"We need a new forum area for inane BS threads. "

This is NOT a political site. FFS

birmingham

"Another weird thing is that we are creating hundreds of tons of biohazardous material that should be being collected by people in hazmat suits

Well, when you figure out a way of actually being able to implement that idea, do let the governments of the entire world know Until then, we shall just have to put up with a normal bin. Unless you're one of those slobs who throws masks and gloves on the pavement round my way."

I don't wear them other than at work where they can be thrown in an infectious waste bin near exit

NW London

"We need a new forum area for inane BS threads. "

Have one already.

It's called The Lounge

Yeah that whole going from it literally being illegal to going outside to being able to go wherever you want, you just need to wear a mask.... totally see the slippery slope into government tyranny where by september they'll be letting us do whatever the hell we want.

....dear god think of the children!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"yes 5 months of slowly slowly bringing in the new normal, slowly slowly taking away your rights ready to implement the new normal,

Yeah that whole going from it literally being illegal to going outside to being able to go wherever you want, you just need to wear a mask.... totally see the slippery slope into government tyranny where by september they'll be letting us do whatever the hell we want.

....dear god think of the children!!!

"

Maybe we should think of the children and get this pandemic under control.

Nah. Pub and conspiracy theories

Central

"We need a new forum area for inane BS threads.

Have one already.

It's called The Lounge"

I was thinking extreme inanity and BS, with the obligatory core health and conspiracy crap that's essential for daily posting. There must be a spawning arse that dumps these into our sphere, as they get in daily

NW London

Have one already.

It's called The Lounge

I was thinking extreme inanity and BS, with the obligatory core health and conspiracy crap that's essential for daily posting. There must be a spawning arse that dumps these into our sphere, as they get in daily "

Oh, you mean Swingers Chat then

"

Nah. Pub and conspiracy theories "

Woah woah woah. Stop right there, you're making far too much sense right now. We don't tolerate that sort of thing here.

Whacko crackpot theories only please! This is no place for informed opinion.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Nah. Pub and conspiracy theories

Woah woah woah. Stop right there, you're making far too much sense right now. We don't tolerate that sort of thing here.

Whacko crackpot theories only please! This is no place for informed opinion."

Central

Have one already.

It's called The Lounge

I was thinking extreme inanity and BS, with the obligatory core health and conspiracy crap that's essential for daily posting. There must be a spawning arse that dumps these into our sphere, as they get in daily

Oh, you mean Swingers Chat then "

It'll be a special place for the few, not the many, with any luck. And not "politics'. . 'Inane BS conspiracy etc' could feel like a home for them.

Colchester

People fed up with government bull shite . No wonder they rebel

Central

"People fed up with government bull shite . No wonder they rebel"

And forum users fed up with the BS that was getting spewed out on here too.

" A nurse getting ill due to wearing mask and getting bacterial infection "

But would the nurse not have gotten ill either way, seeing as wearing PPE is literally part of their job description, covid or not?

In your massive pile of conspiracy theories this is literally the only thing that jumps out at me

By *lk GuyMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Loads don’t seem right about this

If kids can’t get it why shut all schools

Why build hospital with no staff

Why are infection going up but death rate low

And now they keep going on about infection and not telling you about death rate

By *lk GuyMan  over a year ago

sheffield

[Removed by poster at 09/08/20 08:57:08]

"Loads don’t seem right about this

And now they keep going on about infection and not telling you about death rate"

Kids can get it, they are just less susceptible, kids can also pass it on, although less likely to.

We built hospitals because we didn't know how bad it was going to get, it also gave the option to have Covid specific hospitals even if that meant drawing staff from other locations.

They are going on about the infection rate as that is what is now driving whether parts of the economy and country are able to open or not so we avoid another spike and then more deaths.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Loads don’t seem right about this

And now they keep going on about infection and not telling you about death rate

."

Agree there is plenty not right with a pandemic and its consequences and agree we and that includes not just our elected leaders but our civil service, our families, mates, colleagues have made plenty of mistakes in navigating our way through an entirely new situation.

Schools... Who will be teaching, cleaning, feeding, maintaining the schools? Adults or kids?

Hospitals already addressed.

Death rates going down is great news is it not?

But its not that the govt aren't sharing the information. It's all there everyday on the gov website. Go take a look. Testing numbers, hospital numbers, infections, deaths. You can debate how accurate they may be... But they aren't being hidden.

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

The only thing I think you missed was how the feck a face mask got into a McDonalds chicken nugget

Here all day

Mrs blue eyes

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

"

Don't think so....think you got most if not all of the crap out there. Now maybe go find some sensible stuff?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Have I missed anything?

"

Universities are obselete

We have turned out more self taught scientists in 6 months than every University in the country has over the past 10 years.

Epidemiologists, virologists, immunologists, you name it

Swingers seem to have been the ones who studied hardest though.

Leicestershire

"

We have turned out more self taught scientists in 6 months than every University in the country has over the past 10 years.

"

But at least being self taught means the reputation of our educational establishments remains intact...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

Don't think so....think you got most if not all of the crap out there. Now maybe go find some sensible stuff?"

hmnn, nurses dancing.

By *tallion and fillyCouple  over a year ago

Barrow in Furness

"Another weird thing is that we are creating hundreds of tons of biohazardous material that should be being collected by people in hazmat suits

Well, when you figure out a way of actually being able to implement that idea, do let the governments of the entire world know Until then, we shall just have to put up with a normal bin. Unless you're one of those slobs who throws masks and gloves on the pavement round my way."

I suspect that may be part of the to wear or not to wear mask debate. If you get something nasty on the outside of the mask there is every chance you will get it everywhere unless you have discipline and training not too.

By *tallion and fillyCouple  over a year ago

Barrow in Furness

I suspect that may be part of the to wear or not to wear mask debate. If you get something nasty on the outside of the mask there is every chance you will get it everywhere unless you have discipline and training not too.

Media crap

Colchester

Going into a crowded shop without a mask is like going into a dark room without a condom. You just don't know if there is a carrier in there.

It's like a game of Russian Roulette.

"Going into a crowded shop without a mask is like going into a dark room without a condom. You just don't know if there is a carrier in there.

It's like a game of Russian Roulette."

Is... Is the dark room a massive vagina ?

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

"

The underpants on your head and the pencils up your nose?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

The underpants on your head and the pencils up your nose?"

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

The Lancet debacle

Have I missed anything?

The underpants on your head and the pencils up your nose?

"

That’s a bit over the top.

» Add a new message to this topic