FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Pizza hut to close 66 pizzerias.

Pizza hut to close 66 pizzerias.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who would of thought that this supergiant will close so many pizzerias? I feel especially sorry for the workers, what is your view of it, is it due to the lockdown?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I thought it was Pizza Express and yes it because of lockdown.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

While Pizza Hut is in trouble (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/pizza-hut-trouble-thousands-jobs-18683648), Pizza Express is the one to propose up to 67 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53635238)

What is Prince Andrew going to use as an alibi now?

"I thought it was Pizza Express and yes it because of lockdown."
Yes it might of been express as well.

"While Pizza Hut is in trouble (https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/pizza-hut-trouble-thousands-jobs-18683648), Pizza Express is the one to propose up to 67 (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53635238)"
Yes it was express as well, yes, not good news for them.

Are any of the Pizza Huts open for dine in?

All the ones round here are delivery only.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 04/08/20 21:18:26]

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

This is just the start of the bloodbath. But mass redundancies and the economic collapse of the country don't bother me that much because lockdown is what people wanted

"Are any of the Pizza Huts open for dine in?

All the ones round here are delivery only."

I got it wrong, it was pizza express there, delivery service is good too

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

i didnt think you government lovers would object to business closing down, if it means you are not going to contract Covid-19.

Just think of all those lives saved due to businesses closing down due to everybody being under house arrest due tot he Government having all of our interest at heart

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened. "

They already had built up a pile of debt, but the lockdown has increased that to £1bn. Their announcement to close over 60 branches and make 1100 staff redundant is part of reducing their debt.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's sad news though many of the businesses here are offshore run and not particularly interested in the wellbeing of anything or anybody.

"What is Prince Andrew going to use as an alibi now? "

Applause... that was a welcome smirk

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"i didnt think you government lovers would object to business closing down, if it means you are not going to contract Covid-19.

Just think of all those lives saved due to businesses closing down due to everybody being under house arrest due tot he Government having all of our interest at heart"

I think you missed the door to the politics forum.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Pizza Express had a £735 million Debt 'before' the Lockdown - how they mananged to stay open to start with is a mystery.

"Pizza Express had a £735 million Debt 'before' the Lockdown - how they mananged to stay open to start with is a mystery.

"

I'm surprised mothercare haven't said they closed because they knew a virus was round the corner.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Pizza Express had a £735 million Debt 'before' the Lockdown - how they mananged to stay open to start with is a mystery.

"

They would have gone under anyway

"Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened. "
I see yes, so it might of happened anyway but with the lockdown it made the process quicker,lets hope that they can recover from it.

"Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened. I see yes, so it might of happened anyway but with the lockdown it made the process quicker,lets hope that they can recover from it."

A rescue package has already been done - but will mean closures - but they may well survive.

"Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened. I see yes, so it might of happened anyway but with the lockdown it made the process quicker,lets hope that they can recover from it.

A rescue package has already been done - but will mean closures - but they may well survive."

That is good they have received and yes I reckon as well that they will survive

"Pizza express have been been in trouble for a long time. It's no surprise that this has happened. I see yes, so it might of happened anyway but with the lockdown it made the process quicker,lets hope that they can recover from it.

A rescue package has already been done - but will mean closures - but they may well survive.That is good they have received and yes I reckon as well that they will survive "

I hope so - I don't mind PA.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

Pizza Hut is awful.

Pizza Express expanded too fast and diversified too far.

If you’re a big chain charging top prices for average/crap food then you’re in trouble.

There’s going to be a big shakeup in the coming recession.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm really pleased they've got a lifeline, but I really have to say that I've never quite understood how gloopy stuff smeared on a soggy piece of bread became so popular...

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

I'm staying on and island off the west coast of France and it's lovely to see that there isn't a single chain restaurant here. All the restaurants are family owned serving freshly cooked food, each with it's own unique menu.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I'm staying on and island off the west coast of France and it's lovely to see that there isn't a single chain restaurant here. All the restaurants are family owned serving freshly cooked food, each with it's own unique menu.

"

Sounds nice, but (sadly sometimes) people in this country demand convenience, cheapness and stability/named brands.

It's partly to blame for the homogenization of the high street.

Feel sorry for the people who's jobs are at risk, I do worry though that many more businesses will go to the wall over the coming months, especially with this insane talk of more lockdown

A rescue package has already been done - but will mean closures - but they may well survive.That is good they have received and yes I reckon as well that they will survive

I hope so - I don't mind PA. "

Same here. I dont mind it either, what is your favourite pizza?

As an Italian I can tell you this is no loss

"

So you could say they... Owe some serious dough?

(sorry! I feel really bad for everyone involved but I just couldn't resist)

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"As an Italian I can tell you this is no loss "

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

So you could say they... Owe some serious dough?

(sorry! I feel really bad for everyone involved but I just couldn't resist) "

That is so bad... I think I love you...

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

I have worked in the hospitality industry all my life and know that a lot of restaurants operate closely to the wind in terms of profit line. So unfortunately, this pandemic will see a lot of small business buckle and not survive the financial burden of being closed down. Even though their staff will be furloughed, they will still have to pay rent and utility bills etc just to stay afloat. Of course there will be business that will flourish and survive, but that will be more down to luck and entrepreneurship.

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

[Removed by poster at 05/08/20 19:26:57]

By *oistknickersCouple  over a year ago

London

Pizza Express has been on the slide for five or six years it used to be quality but their standards have slipped and would have shut a few down without the Covid pandemic it’s a shame but possibly an opportunity for someone else, let’s hope so.

Tonbridge

When the government makes your business illegal for a couple of months and then, though social distancing, makes profit practically impossible. Many business owners will wonder why they bother.

I expect a lot will take one look at their debts when furlough finishes, and just walk away from it.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"When the government makes your business illegal for a couple of months and then, though social distancing, makes profit practically impossible. Many business owners will wonder why they bother.

I expect a lot will take one look at their debts when furlough finishes, and just walk away from it."

Totally agree there will be so many like this it’s just the start , mass unemployment is the future

"Totally agree there will be so many like this it’s just the start , mass unemployment is the future "

Yep. At the moment Fulough payments are still ongoing, when they stop is when the UK will get the mass unemployment. 4 million + will come as a very big shock to most people. But you only have to look at the USA's unemployment figures to see where the UK will be heading. At the moment it is over 30 million (20% of the workforce).

The UK workforce is about 32 million, if we end up having a 20% unemployment rate that's 6 million.

I think a lot of the redundancies will be spread from end July to end October. But yes a big lump will come at the end. I’d have thought spending habits would have changed massively yet many industries are experiencing a huge spike in sales and experiencing record months. Car sales the last couple of months have been off the chart with most dealers. Interiors, furniture etc the same

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"I think a lot of the redundancies will be spread from end July to end October. But yes a big lump will come at the end. I’d have thought spending habits would have changed massively yet many industries are experiencing a huge spike in sales and experiencing record months. Car sales the last couple of months have been off the chart with most dealers. Interiors, furniture etc the same "
wait till furlough ends then you’ll see the true picture

As employers are having to contribute now and as that rises each month I think many companies are already making staff redundant. Myself as a business owner and most of the businesses I know have already made their decisions on furloughed staff.

"

Ebitda

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Colchester

Many of the big chains were in trouble well before any lockdown. They overreached and oberborrowed and opened in poor locations. Jamie Oliver chain one example. Generally they sold mediocre overpriced food to the masses.

I just hope the independents will thrive again.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

over priced and shite anyway

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Colchester

I am a bit of a food snob to be fair and really disliked most of the chains I ever had the misfortune to visit.

Virtually nothing cooked on site. Banks of deep fryers and microwaves...

Aweful places

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"I'm staying on and island off the west coast of France and it's lovely to see that there isn't a single chain restaurant here. All the restaurants are family owned serving freshly cooked food, each with it's own unique menu."

Oh I'd love to know where. I want to take my husband to France. I spent lots of holidays when I was young around the Dordogne and the Loire. I'd love to help him experience why I fell in love with proper French food.

Tonbridge

"I'm staying on and island off the west coast of France and it's lovely to see that there isn't a single chain restaurant here. All the restaurants are family owned serving freshly cooked food, each with it's own unique menu.

Oh I'd love to know where. I want to take my husband to France. I spent lots of holidays when I was young around the Dordogne and the Loire. I'd love to help him experience why I fell in love with proper French food. "

Belle île en Mer, it even has a naked beach but you have to descend a cliff path, with ropes to hold onto for safety, to get to it.

» Add a new message to this topic