FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Masks in stores.

Masks in stores.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aastyKnix OP   Woman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If a store/shop/supermarket fails to enforce wearing of masks,could the employees have a potential health and safety case against the company?

Maybe worth considering to avoid some compensation claims.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"If a store/shop/supermarket fails to enforce wearing of masks,could the employees have a potential health and safety case against the company?

Maybe worth considering to avoid some compensation claims."

I wouldn't think so how could you prove where you picked the virus up from?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't think so. The company I work for have said it's up to us but they actively encourage it.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"If a store/shop/supermarket fails to enforce wearing of masks,could the employees have a potential health and safety case against the company?

No, because plenty of people are exempt from wearing masks as are employees. As there is virtually no scientific evidence that mask wearing is of any value no case would make it to court anyway.

If you haven't worked it out yet muzzle wearing is all about conditioning people to accept a vaccine. Big pharma doesn't want to miss out on it's payday.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

The mask requirement is between the government and the individual. Not wearing one in-store is a criminal matter enforceable by the police. Its not something stores themselves are obliged to enforce so there's no personal injury claim through negligence.

I believe staff are still able to refuse to work if they don't think it's a safe environment.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, because plenty of people are exempt from wearing masks as are employees. As there is virtually no scientific evidence that mask wearing is of any value no case would make it to court anyway.

If you haven't worked it out yet muzzle wearing is all about conditioning people to accept a vaccine. Big pharma doesn't want to miss out on it's payday."

And here we go again. One of the special ones.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

If you haven't worked it out yet muzzle wearing is all about conditioning people to accept a vaccine. Big pharma doesn't want to miss out on it's payday."

The vaccine (when available) will not be obligatory - so your conspiracy is dead-in-the-water. Also companies like Astra Zenica have already said it will provide 400 million vaccines at 'cost'.

By *ornykinkycouple84Couple  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"

If you haven't worked it out yet muzzle wearing is all about conditioning people to accept a vaccine. Big pharma doesn't want to miss out on it's payday.

The vaccine (when available) will not be obligatory - so your conspiracy is dead-in-the-water. Also companies like Astra Zenica have already said it will provide 400 million vaccines at 'cost'.

"

I think if and when a vaccine becomes available they'll be alot of people exempt from having to pay for it, key workers for one and high risk people for another I doubt will have to pay for the vaccine, on the other hand if a young/healthy person wants the vaccine I think they would have to pay (which I gladly would) as they are low risk of catching the virus and 9 times out of 10 would only develop mild symptoms if any at all..... I think that's a sensible way to look at it

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

I think if and when a vaccine becomes available they'll be alot of people exempt from having to pay for it, key workers for one and high risk people for another I doubt will have to pay for the vaccine, on the other hand if a young/healthy person wants the vaccine I think they would have to pay (which I gladly would) as they are low risk of catching the virus and 9 times out of 10 would only develop mild symptoms if any at all..... I think that's a sensible way to look at it"

In the UK, the vaccine will be free on the NHS. There is no real profit in vaccines anyway, vaccines prevent people from getting sick with ONE treatment... sick people need treatment over a long period of time.

Cal

Liverpool

I just wonder whether an exceptionally militant employee might claim that the company was failing to ensure health and safety in the workplace.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

I think if and when a vaccine becomes available they'll be alot of people exempt from having to pay for it, key workers for one and high risk people for another I doubt will have to pay for the vaccine, on the other hand if a young/healthy person wants the vaccine I think they would have to pay (which I gladly would) as they are low risk of catching the virus and 9 times out of 10 would only develop mild symptoms if any at all..... I think that's a sensible way to look at it"

Yep - a simple addition to the flu vaccine process that has already been in place for a number of years.

Leicestershire

"I just wonder whether an exceptionally militant employee might claim that the company was failing to ensure health and safety in the workplace.

"

Quite likely, but H&S is the responsibility of everyone which would potentially make the militant employee culpable as well.

I don't make a habit of going to the shops, but those I've been to over the last week have had an employee at the door, wearing a mask, and a box of individually wrapped disposable masks alongside the hand sanitiser.

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Nasty thinking

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Face coverings have shown a range of evidence for them to be worn. As a small gesture to the safety of others, it's a huge leap to connect with the potential vaccines that may come. Put simply, if they may help to save an infection and death, most people will prefer to do it.

If an employer and business takes reasonable steps to help care for its staff and customers, when individuals are personally not prevented from following official and store advice, then it probably means that they are doing what they can, following a risk assessment. Staff and public would face risks if they challenge others.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Nope

By *rbrooksMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"

"

It won't be mandatory but you will have to have it if you want to work or travel

"

It won't be mandatory but you will have to have it if you want to work or travel"

Have you got a link to that information.

"

It won't be mandatory but you will have to have it if you want to work or travel

Have you got a link to that information."

Would be a instant ban posting a link to a loony site

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

It won't be mandatory but you will have to have it if you want to work or travel"

And your proof of that is?

Just google 'digital health passport' tonnes of articles show up....even the crazy whack-job conspiracy theorists at the guardian have a detailed article on how it works. Fascinating stuff

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"I just wonder whether an exceptionally militant employee might claim that the company was failing to ensure health and safety in the workplace.

Quite likely, but H&S is the responsibility of everyone which would potentially make the militant employee culpable as well.

I don't make a habit of going to the shops, but those I've been to over the last week have had an employee at the door, wearing a mask, and a box of individually wrapped disposable masks alongside the hand sanitiser.

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through."

Saw a few in Tesco in Eastbourne, what made me chuckle the most were people who are from the BAME groups. They are deemed at a higher risk of catching the virus, you would expect them to be more vigilant.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Saw a few in Tesco in Eastbourne, what made me chuckle the most were people who are from the BAME groups. They are deemed at a higher risk of catching the virus, you would expect them to be more vigilant."

Masks are more about reducing the risk of you spreading it than anything else.

You’re not going to want to go shopping in a mask if there’s a risk of you sneezing, are you?

There "virtually is" scientific evidence that mask-wearing is effective, but keep peddling a lie because you're gullible enough to believe some Facebook post or alt-right news outlet

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Government should have issued everyone with FFP3 min standard etc instead of funding immigrants in hotels. The blue paper ones need binning after 20mins, so many wear over and over, just putting that on then touching products etc surely isn't controlling germs

"Government should have issued everyone with FFP3 min standard etc instead of funding immigrants in hotels. The blue paper ones need binning after 20mins, so many wear over and over, just putting that on then touching products etc surely isn't controlling germs "

Dont mention FFP3 on here ffs all the experts will be here now

"Government should have issued everyone with FFP3 min standard etc instead of funding immigrants in hotels. The blue paper ones need binning after 20mins, so many wear over and over, just putting that on then touching products etc surely isn't controlling germs "

I didn’t realise FFP3 were so cheap.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Government should have issued everyone with FFP3 min standard etc instead of funding immigrants in hotels. The blue paper ones need binning after 20mins, so many wear over and over, just putting that on then touching products etc surely isn't controlling germs

Dont mention FFP3 on here ffs all the experts will be here now "

Wouldn't mind some expert opinion, ppe is facefit and hospital staff don't reuse masks. Papermasks are more for basic hygiene and disposed of accordingly. They don't wear masks or face coverings from old curtains (reminds me of sound of music ) Some blingy fashion ones out their but that's missing the point

"Government should have issued everyone with FFP3 min standard etc instead of funding immigrants in hotels. The blue paper ones need binning after 20mins, so many wear over and over, just putting that on then touching products etc surely isn't controlling germs

I didn’t realise FFP3 were so cheap."

It depends when and where you shop

Very very few people wear them in shops here

Of the small number I have seen seemto be the older generation, not worn correctly and fiddling with them often whilst being oblivious to social distancing. Not sure what benefit they feel they're having.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

if I have to wear a mask in a shop refuse to go into the shop

By *ustKeepSwinging999Couple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

if I have to wear a mask in a shop refuse to go into the shop"

Why? Out of interest

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

"The mask requirement is between the government and the individual. Not wearing one in-store is a criminal matter enforceable by the police. Its not something stores themselves are obliged to enforce so there's no personal injury claim through negligence.

I believe staff are still able to refuse to work if they don't think it's a safe environment. "

Stores have a duty of care to employees and also has the right to refuse admission.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Even the governments own review of the mask evidence, before bringing the legislation in, states that the evidence for them being beneficial is weak.

So the evidence that routinely available, non-clinical face masks are effective at preventing aerosol spread of viruses is… “weak” and “limited”

Read it yourselves if you wish. You are being 'played'.

https://phe.koha-ptfs.co.uk/cgi-bin/koha/opac-retrieve-file.pl?id=5f043ca658db1188ffae74827fa650d9

Woman in a shop where I live was wearing a facemask, good right? Got to the tills and pulled her mask down to talk to the cashier!!!!!

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Debate the topic but let's avoid personal attacks please.

I've deleted posts

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Even the governments own review of the mask evidence, before bringing the legislation in, states that the evidence for them being beneficial is weak.

So the evidence that routinely available, non-clinical face masks are effective at preventing aerosol spread of viruses is… “weak” and “limited”

https://phe.koha-ptfs.co.uk/cgi-bin/koha/opac-retrieve-file.pl?id=5f043ca658db1188ffae74827fa650d9"

Ok, conspiracy man, what are we being played for? I expect a fully researched response, detailed in all aspects. The reasons for playing us! (does that not succeed only if everyone 'falls' for the 'play') What's to be gained by playing us and the whole public falling for it? What IS the big conspiracy?

"Even the governments own review of the mask evidence, before bringing the legislation in, states that the evidence for them being beneficial is weak.

https://phe.koha-ptfs.co.uk/cgi-bin/koha/opac-retrieve-file.pl?id=5f043ca658db1188ffae74827fa650d9

Ok, conspiracy man, what are we being played for? I expect a fully researched response, detailed in all aspects. The reasons for playing us! (does that not succeed only if everyone 'falls' for the 'play') What's to be gained by playing us and the whole public falling for it? What IS the big conspiracy? "

Firstly the person you are replying to is correct regarding masks, it even says it in black and white on the packaging that the mask doesn't protect against coronavirus.

Secondly why on earth do you "expect" a fully detailed and reserched response as to why he thinks we are being played.

How about you give a fully detailed and reserched response as to why you think hes wrong about being played about masks.

Instead of just throwing out the conspiracy word to anyone that has a different view to yourself.

It goes both ways.

NEWTOWNABBEY

Ok, conspiracy man, what are we being played for? I expect a fully researched response, detailed in all aspects. The reasons for playing us! (does that not succeed only if everyone 'falls' for the 'play') What's to be gained by playing us and the whole public falling for it? What IS the big conspiracy?

Firstly the person you are replying to is correct regarding masks, it even says it in black and white on the packaging that the mask doesn't protect against coronavirus.

Secondly why on earth do you "expect" a fully detailed and reserched response as to why he thinks we are being played.

How about you give a fully detailed and reserched response as to why you think hes wrong about being played about masks.

Instead of just throwing out the conspiracy word to anyone that has a different view to yourself.

It goes both ways.

"

Simply put in language you understand 'he who alleges must prove'. The overwhelming body of science agrees to their limited help but to quote Trump on hydroxiquoriline 'what's to lose'. We're talking about face mask her ffs. For me to respond properly I need to know what the actual conspiracy is, who's perpitrating it, who's to gain, who's to lose etc. Not some answer on the back of a fag packet. Capeesh!

F

Liverpool

What would you do if all shops complied with the law and insisted that you do too?

Would you just not go shopping? Ever?

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

It goes both ways.

Simply put in language you understand 'he who alleges must prove'. The overwhelming body of science agrees to their limited help but to quote Trump on hydroxiquoriline 'what's to lose'. We're talking about face mask her ffs. For me to respond properly I need to know what the actual conspiracy is, who's perpitrating it, who's to gain, who's to lose etc. Not some answer on the back of a fag packet. Capeesh!

F"

The way you say you “expect a fully researched response, in all aspects” is not the way Internet forums work. As you well know. Are you asking for some sort of thesis?

You say that studies show that face masks “may” reduce the spread of the virus. The virus that is so lethal that many of the “sufferers” don’t even know they have the bloody thing! Well .... I’m not prepared to accept something that is dehumanising and uncomfortable, anti-social and against all democracy!! Against a “may”.

What would you do if all shops complied with the law and insisted that you do too?

Would you just not go shopping? Ever?"

Internet shopping for the food stuff. Everything else- no. I’m not playing that game.

Internet shopping for the food stuff. Everything else- no. I’m not playing that game."

Come and shop in Wales

"

As a customer could I not claim that shop staff not wearing a mask contributed to my infection, not likely to get far.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

Wont be long until all shops close.

And all is on line.

I think its coming.

Hey guess who

What no masks .

Arnt we fucking fantastic.

TWATS

Internet shopping for the food stuff. Everything else- no. I’m not playing that game.

Come and shop in Wales "

I absolutely love wales- never been to a more beautiful and welcoming country! If I could move to wales, I would do it in a heartbeat! Xx

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

Masks will stop a lot of bugs and diseases.

May be new norm the government keep on about.

Mask today and forever.

Just think how much thay could reduce NHS BUDGET.

It goes both ways.

F

The way you say you “expect a fully researched response, in all aspects” is not the way Internet forums work. As you well know. Are you asking for some sort of thesis?

You say that studies show that face masks “may” reduce the spread of the virus. The virus that is so lethal that many of the “sufferers” don’t even know they have the bloody thing! Well .... I’m not prepared to accept something that is dehumanising and uncomfortable, anti-social and against all democracy!! Against a “may”.

"

So you care so little for other people that you aren't even prepared to put a small piece of cloth over your face that may prevent someone dying cause it makes you a little bit uncomfortable. I truly hope you never have to see the inside of a Covid ward and face the reality of what that sort of attitude does to real people.

As a customer could I not claim that shop staff not wearing a mask contributed to my infection, not likely to get far."

The majority of people I know recognise these new “laws” as

the joke they are..... wishy washy mandate by a group of toffs who make this shit up as they go bumbling along.

As long as the government makes every single person, place and circumstance a disease vector, you would have no hope of winning any kind of legal complaint against a specific proprietor in this case.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I questioned a security guard at a small Tesco’s store as to weather people still have to wear masks as people were walking around without them on.

His response I don’t know and I’m glad I don’t know.

Another response at a major Store When I was taking my elderly mother shopping.

We aren’t allowed to tell people to wear masks.

Fecking useless waste of time.

I have put a small piece of cloth over my face. I’m wearing a mask saying “”I CANT BREATHE”. I have done so because it’s the new law and because I need to get my food shopping! I’m fairly well convinced I don’t have Covid, I don’t present a risk and I am not at risk.

I absolutely 100% disagree with it, and I will never EVER accept having my face covered as acceptable.

"I have put a small piece of cloth over my face. I’m wearing a mask saying “”I CANT BREATHE”. I have done so because it’s the new law and because I need to get my food shopping! I’m fairly well convinced I don’t have Covid, I don’t present a risk and I am not at risk.

I absolutely 100% disagree with it, and I will never EVER accept having my face covered as acceptable."

Every asymptomatic carrier is "fairly well convinced" they don't have it. That's why people are still dying or being left with lifelong damage to organs and brain tissue.

"I questioned a security guard at a small Tesco’s store as to weather people still have to wear masks as people were walking around without them on.

His response I don’t know and I’m glad I don’t know.

Another response at a major Store When I was taking my elderly mother shopping.

We aren’t allowed to tell people to wear masks.

Fecking useless waste of time."

Seems to me that the small places aren’t that fussed - probably because they are independent business that they want to nurture and grow - they aren’t going to ruin their business over a mask... this is actually a really good opportunity to support local retailers over the big bosses of the supermarket world

"I have put a small piece of cloth over my face. I’m wearing a mask saying “”I CANT BREATHE”. I have done so because it’s the new law and because I need to get my food shopping! I’m fairly well convinced I don’t have Covid, I don’t present a risk and I am not at risk.

I absolutely 100% disagree with it, and I will never EVER accept having my face covered as acceptable.

Every asymptomatic carrier is "fairly well convinced" they don't have it. That's why people are still dying or being left with lifelong damage to organs and brain tissue."

But when you look at the stats, that just isn’t true. Yes- at the height of the virus in March/April, it was true. Now- they are scratching around trying to find cases, let alone ICU admissions.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

I disagree with it, I do not really enjoy it.

I have not been tested and I have shown no symptoms even though I have worked right through.

I wear the mask when required including at work to protect my mother and those more vulnerable around me.

"

I think if and when a vaccine becomes available they'll be alot of people exempt from having to pay for it, key workers for one and high risk people for another I doubt will have to pay for the vaccine, on the other hand if a young/healthy person wants the vaccine I think they would have to pay (which I gladly would) as they are low risk of catching the virus and 9 times out of 10 would only develop mild symptoms if any at all..... I think that's a sensible way to look at it

In the UK, the vaccine will be free on the NHS. There is no real profit in vaccines anyway, vaccines prevent people from getting sick with ONE treatment... sick people need treatment over a long period of time.

Cal"

Exactly this .. the intelligent persons conspiracy theory ..an economically sound argument ..

I absolutely 100% disagree with it, and I will never EVER accept having my face covered as acceptable."

I 100% disagree with it too. But can't bothered to argue about it any more.

Every asymptomatic carrier is "fairly well convinced" they don't have it. That's why people are still dying or being left with lifelong damage to organs and brain tissue.

But when you look at the stats, that just isn’t true. Yes- at the height of the virus in March/April, it was true. Now- they are scratching around trying to find cases, let alone ICU admissions."

I'll make sure I pass that on to my friend that is currently helping care for 10 people in ICU. And in case you haven't seen a news report from almost any country on the planet at the moment, there are very much still people dying. How big does the number of dead need to be for you to accept a tiny bit of discomfort, 100, 1000, 100000? Or does it have to be someone you care about rather than just some random face in a supermarket that you can go home and forget about?

Leicestershire

Wouldn't it have just been easier to do it without the grandstanding?

I'm not a fan of them, but it's not something important enough to get arsey about.

I'm not a fan of them, but it's not something important enough to get arsey about."

It's only because it's hard to spit a dummy out with a mask on

I 100% disagree with it too. But can't bothered to argue about it any more. "

Lol I hear that

chelmsford

I find them uncomfortable, but then think of all the frontline staff who have to wear them for hours, to look after us...

But when you look at the stats, that just isn’t true. Yes- at the height of the virus in March/April, it was true. Now- they are scratching around trying to find cases, let alone ICU admissions.

I'll make sure I pass that on to my friend that is currently helping care for 10 people in ICU. And in case you haven't seen a news report from almost any country on the planet at the moment, there are very much still people dying. How big does the number of dead need to be for you to accept a tiny bit of discomfort, 100, 1000, 100000? Or does it have to be someone you care about rather than just some random face in a supermarket that you can go home and forget about?"

Great- I will also discuss it with my friend who is a technician working on the ventilators keeping people alive in the ICU. I’m glad we both have friends who work in the same sort of business. Hopefully your buddy is keeping his and your head together while the rest of the country follows the government in running around like headless chickens.

I’m not going to answer questions about “around the planet”. I can only answer questions about our country. Statistically, the majority of cases are left without any kind of long term damage, or even death. Some don’t even know they had it!! If you can provide statistics to suggest otherwise- be my guest.

"I find them uncomfortable, but then think of all the frontline staff who have to wear them for hours, to look after us..."

I think they get paid to do it unless I am very mistaken. I imagine they quite like the job if they are a people person.

I'm not a fan of them, but it's not something important enough to get arsey about.

It's only because it's hard to spit a dummy out with a mask on"

I have wondered actually- will this put an end to the disgusting habit of footballers spitting all over the place?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"will this put an end to the disgusting habit of footballers spitting all over the place? "

Footballers don't need to wear masks when they are playing.

"I find them uncomfortable, but then think of all the frontline staff who have to wear them for hours, to look after us...

I think they get paid to do it unless I am very mistaken. I imagine they quite like the job if they are a people person."

Some of the frontline staff deserve a bloody medal... not only have they kept our basic human survival and dignity needs available - they have sometimes been the only human being I have seen and spoken to in the flesh for days.

"will this put an end to the disgusting habit of footballers spitting all over the place?

Footballers don't need to wear masks when they are playing. "

So will they keep spitting?

chelmsford

"I find them uncomfortable, but then think of all the frontline staff who have to wear them for hours, to look after us...

I think they get paid to do it unless I am very mistaken. I imagine they quite like the job if they are a people person."

Yes they do get paid for it It just makes me think I can wear one for 20 minutes if they are wearing them for so long. If people don't want to wear them, for whatever reason, don't wear them, it's quite simple

I'll make sure I pass that on to my friend that is currently helping care for 10 people in ICU. And in case you haven't seen a news report from almost any country on the planet at the moment, there are very much still people dying. How big does the number of dead need to be for you to accept a tiny bit of discomfort, 100, 1000, 100000? Or does it have to be someone you care about rather than just some random face in a supermarket that you can go home and forget about?

Great- I will also discuss it with my friend who is a technician working on the ventilators keeping people alive in the ICU. I’m glad we both have friends who work in the same sort of business. Hopefully your buddy is keeping his and your head together while the rest of the country follows the government in running around like headless chickens.

I’m not going to answer questions about “around the planet”. I can only answer questions about our country. Statistically, the majority of cases are left without any kind of long term damage, or even death. Some don’t even know they had it!! If you can provide statistics to suggest otherwise- be my guest."

You forgot to say how many dead are acceptable to you before you put up with a tiny bit of inconvenience in your life? As for statistics, I don't need to provide you with an exact ratio of dead to living to ask why your needs and comfort are so much more important that accepting the most basic bit of protection you might be able to offer towards your fellow human beings. And no, my friend is not doing ok, they now have borderline PTSD from watching body after body after body head for the morgue, including a number of their colleagues.

Boring!

I’m not going to answer questions about “around the planet”. I can only answer questions about our country. Statistically, the majority of cases are left without any kind of long term damage, or even death. Some don’t even know they had it!! If you can provide statistics to suggest otherwise- be my guest.

You forgot to say how many dead are acceptable to you before you put up with a tiny bit of inconvenience in your life? As for statistics, I don't need to provide you with an exact ratio of dead to living to ask why your needs and comfort are so much more important that accepting the most basic bit of protection you might be able to offer towards your fellow human beings. And no, my friend is not doing ok, they now have borderline PTSD from watching body after body after body head for the morgue, including a number of their colleagues."

So if you don’t need to provide a ratio, why do you expect me to provide a ratio?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"

The company will gavd covered themselves by use of signage to customers and providing it workers with adequate information, training and supervision (requiring staff to wear their ppe).

Mask wearing is more about protecting other shoppers not staff

The company will gavd covered themselves by use of signage to customers and providing it workers with adequate information, training and supervision (requiring staff to wear their ppe).

Mask wearing is more about protecting other shoppers not staff "

Unless they genuinely believe in it- It’s more about arse covering I think

You forgot to say how many dead are acceptable to you before you put up with a tiny bit of inconvenience in your life? As for statistics, I don't need to provide you with an exact ratio of dead to living to ask why your needs and comfort are so much more important that accepting the most basic bit of protection you might be able to offer towards your fellow human beings. And no, my friend is not doing ok, they now have borderline PTSD from watching body after body after body head for the morgue, including a number of their colleagues.

So if you don’t need to provide a ratio, why do you expect me to provide a ratio?

"

Because everyone knows people are dying, I want to know if you are prepared to say how many need to die before you will take basic steps to protect someone else at the expense of nothing more than your comfort. Or is there no figure that is more important than your own needs?

Come and shop in Wales

I absolutely love wales- never been to a more beautiful and welcoming country! If I could move to wales, I would do it in a heartbeat! Xx"

Wasn't that Ireland?

Pity you if we ever fall under Sharia law

Because everyone knows people are dying, I want to know if you are prepared to say how many need to die before you will take basic steps to protect someone else at the expense of nothing more than your comfort. Or is there no figure that is more important than your own needs?"

Well it’s interesting that you can’t answer my challenge with a number of your own. Presumably because, like me, you don’t have one.

I can tell you this. Until I am convinced that I personally have the Rona, and that I am a risk to other people, I will not be willing to wear a mask.

I will look forward to seeing you on rallies supporting the burqa, and any other type of freedom restricting garment the government decides on a whim that we wear.

Pity you if we ever fall under Sharia law "

Lol exactly

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Unless they genuinely believe in it- It’s more about arse covering I think "

That's generally what health and safety is in all cases. I know.... I used to work in it lol

Unless they genuinely believe in it- It’s more about arse covering I think

That's generally what health and safety is in all cases. I know.... I used to work in it lol "

Straight from the horses mouth

Come and shop in Wales

I absolutely love wales- never been to a more beautiful and welcoming country! If I could move to wales, I would do it in a heartbeat! Xx"

And no bitching about whether or not other people are wearing masks in shops like the bloody English

"

No one has to wear one. Just say you're "exempt"

Because everyone knows people are dying, I want to know if you are prepared to say how many need to die before you will take basic steps to protect someone else at the expense of nothing more than your comfort. Or is there no figure that is more important than your own needs?

Well it’s interesting that you can’t answer my challenge with a number of your own. Presumably because, like me, you don’t have one.

I can tell you this. Until I am convinced that I personally have the Rona, and that I am a risk to other people, I will not be willing to wear a mask.

I will look forward to seeing you on rallies supporting the burqa, and any other type of freedom restricting garment the government decides on a whim that we wear. "

Well, I can say it's been an absolute pleasure to add you to my block list. The fact you have just said until you get sick (by which time you could have infected dozens) you aren't prepared to do anything at all to help protect another human being because you don't feel like it says all I and probably a large number of other people need to know. I'll also just point out to you that you can move half way round the world to get away from our government and find others that are also saying people should wear a mask. So glad you know better than dozens of governments with their insistence that in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic that people should have their "freedom" restricted by being asked to try to avoid killing someone else.

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through."

I have seen people without masks in shops, yes they may be exempt but they should be carrying the excemption card

Leicestershire

"

"

Well lets hope that never happens, because you'll probably have infected a load of other people eho don't give a damn about your posturing.

By *couseratMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Personally I would have preferred an SF10, at least I know they are decent.

Eastbourne

There was a couple got kicked our of costa, for refusing to wear a mask.

chelmsford

"

No one has to wear one. Just say you're "exempt""

Simple isn't it

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"

There was a couple got kicked our of costa, for refusing to wear a mask. "

So does Costa explain how you're supposed to eat or drink through a mask

chelmsford

"

"

Maybe they were having a take away when they advise to wear them

NEWTOWNABBEY

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising, ask the veterans who hid in Londons subway during the blitz with gas masks on. Democracy, your a laugh, the majority I would suggest would wear face masks in a shop, as they're sheep!

"

"I don't think so. The company I work for have said it's up to us but they actively encourage it."

I think they should be strongly encouraging it

if barbers have to where them by law why shouldn’t people in the shopping sectors !? it’s a tricky one ! I personally wouldn’t like to be wearing one all day but I would obviously if I was dealing with the public

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through. I have seen people without masks in shops, yes they may be exempt but they should be carrying the excemption card "

no such card exists - unless you get one off the internet which anyone can buy and prove nothing

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising, ask the veterans who hid in Londons subway during the blitz with gas masks on. Democracy, your a laugh, the majority I would suggest would wear face masks in a shop, as they're sheep!

"

Londoners during the Blitz faced a very real and extreme danger. Although if the Germans had done to London what we had done to Dresden during the war, a gas mask would have melted straight off of their faces, just like their flesh. But I digress.

As for democracy! Before the new mask rule came in, pretty much written on the back of a fag packet, as someone said above, barely anybody was wearing a mask in shops. If it was such a supported measure- why weren’t they wearing them before it became “illegal” not to do so?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

So much sarcasm

chelmsford

"So much sarcasm"

And slightly off topic...

"

"

And the "cost" just happens to be £125 per shot dear Government - lol. Oh the naivety of the general public.

It goes both ways.

F

"

Baaaaa

Sheep? Or simply do not mind a minor inconvenience?

"

And the "cost" just happens to be £125 per shot dear Government - lol. Oh the naivety of the general public."

Which is a reason not to be mandatory.

By *otwife and MasterCouple  over a year ago

Derby

It is not the stores job to enforce mask wearing. As a store manager I ask everyone who is able to to please wear a mask to protect other customers and my staff. My staff deal with hundreds of people a day, our health shouldn't be put at risk for the sake of your shopping.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"

Interesting, I’ve heard that all vaccines will be personally given by bill gates and will contain a very small 5g mast , or something like that

birmingham

"

Interesting, I’ve heard that all vaccines will be personally given by bill gates and will contain a very small 5g mast , or something like that"

I have never worn a mask in a shop and I an 100% certain I have never infected anyone

NEWTOWNABBEY

It goes both ways.

F

"

Dehumanising-how?

Uncomfortable-first world problem right there. Mask on in a shop, mask off out of shop. Big fucking deal.

Anti-social--how? Kids who cause vandalism and annoy old people, that's anti-social.

Against democracy - if the majority of people wear them, is this not showing democracy not against it. Are you going to wear one if your in the minority, if not then your against democracy.

When someone throws away a line on Facebook about conspiracy theories, without a shred of evidence, this is how misinformation is spread.

And to add, no one has any human right to wilfully spread disease.

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising-how?

Uncomfortable-first world problem right there. Mask on in a shop, mask off out of shop. Big fucking deal.

Anti-social--how? Kids who cause vandalism and annoy old people, that's anti-social.

Against democracy - if the majority of people wear them, is this not showing democracy not against it. Are you going to wear one if your in the minority, if not then your against democracy.

When someone throws away a line on Facebook about conspiracy theories, without a shred of evidence, this is how misinformation is spread.

And to add, no one has any human right to wilfully spread disease. "

You would have to have it and know you have to wilfully spread it

chelmsford

Pleased to say every shop I went in today, all staff were wearing masks. I find them uncomfortable, but it's about mutual respect and hopefully not spreading the virus. We may be asymptomatic, so we don't know for sure if we can pass it on. People have to do what's right for them I guess...

NEWTOWNABBEY

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising-how?

You would have to have it and know you have to wilfully spread it"

The stroke of a pen could make it a criminal offence. Going to fight for your selfish rights then, which of course will no longer be a 'right' .

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising-how?

The stroke of a pen could make it a criminal offence. Going to fight for your selfish rights then, which of course will no longer be a 'right' . "

I live in Wales so don't have to fight for anything

It is perfectly legally and acceptable not to wear a mask to a store

But your use of the term wilfull was incorrect in the context you used it

Have a very nice day

Eastbourne

"

"

They make you wear a mask while ordering, when you sit down you can remove the mask.

These two had joined the queue, and were gobbing off about wearing one.

No sympathy for them at all.

NEWTOWNABBEY

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising-how?

The stroke of a pen could make it a criminal offence. Going to fight for your selfish rights then, which of course will no longer be a 'right' .

Have a very nice day "

Remember, stroke of a pen. They could make the law, where the burden of proof could ly with you to prove you haven't got it, if you're not wearing a mask.

It goes both ways.

F

Dehumanising-how?

Have a very nice day

Remember, stroke of a pen. They could make the law, where the burden of proof could ly with you to prove you haven't got it, if you're not wearing a mask. "

They "could" potentially do anything

You need to relax a bit guys

You'll make yourself ill with all that stress

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through. I have seen people without masks in shops, yes they may be exempt but they should be carrying the excemption card "

I work in a retail area with "exempt" punters telling me they cant /dont need to wear a mask (they should be the ones who should ) as they are more vulnerable health wise ...and should wear a visor (like me) at the very least ....but they seem oblivious and ignorant to whats going on .....maybe they should go to the hospital my daughter works in ICU with C/v patients rolling up over the last months and see how they can end up

Leicestershire

"

I have never worn a mask in a shop and I an 100% certain I have never infected anyone"

Yes, well you would be wouldn't you.

"

"

Astra zen alreasy have imdemnity. They cannot be held liable for vacinne damage!

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through. I have seen people without masks in shops, yes they may be exempt but they should be carrying the excemption card I work in a retail area with "exempt" punters telling me they cant /dont need to wear a mask (they should be the ones who should ) as they are more vulnerable health wise ...and should wear a visor (like me) at the very least ....but they seem oblivious and ignorant to whats going on .....maybe they should go to the hospital my daughter works in ICU with C/v patients rolling up over the last months and see how they can end up "

The survival rate is 99.97%!

Most death on statistics are wrongly recorded. Real deaths figures are going to be way way lower.

If you haven't realised that this is a scamdemic and we're all hoping bto be properly and truly enslaved... i don't know how you're going to survive the famine that's coming.

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Haven't seen a single maskless person in a shop, so the message is getting through. I have seen people without masks in shops, yes they may be exempt but they should be carrying the excemption card I work in a retail area with "exempt" punters telling me they cant /dont need to wear a mask (they should be the ones who should ) as they are more vulnerable health wise ...and should wear a visor (like me) at the very least ....but they seem oblivious and ignorant to whats going on .....maybe they should go to the hospital my daughter works in ICU with C/v patients rolling up over the last months and see how they can end up

The survival rate is 99.97%!

Most death on statistics are wrongly recorded. Real deaths figures are going to be way way lower.

If you haven't realised that this is a scamdemic and we're all hoping bto be properly and truly enslaved... i don't know how you're going to survive the famine that's coming. "

lets hope your sense of humour is long lasting this winter when the second "scamdemic " returns ...most countries have had second wave ......with deluded folk our turn may well come soon enough

Leicestershire

"

If you haven't realised that this is a scamdemic and we're all hoping bto be properly and truly enslaved... i don't know how you're going to survive the famine that's coming. "

Seriously, get help mate.

By *orkshireBeef26Man  over a year ago

Kirkella

"I don't think so. The company I work for have said it's up to us but they actively encourage it."

Evening Rocket Queen,

Fancy chat and getting to know you better...

Xxx

so how do you buy one if you cant go into the shop????

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"so how do you buy one if you cant go into the shop????"

Online. Or "face covering". Any piece of cloth. Like a scarf. Or a shirt.

Manchester (she/her)

Or buy one with the warning we were given...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"so how do you buy one if you cant go into the shop????

Online. Or "face covering". Any piece of cloth. Like a scarf. Or a shirt."

You can buy face masks online, make your own out of old materials (instructions online or have been in newspapers). Or, go to a shop, use a disposable one that many places are making available, buy a few, then you've got your own. Et voila!

birmingham

Apparently plod will only turn up if the shop asks the maskless person to leave and they say no

By *hite russianWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

It is a sad state of affairs when compensation is the first thing people think of.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

As, from Saturday néw, regulations, come into effect regarding the, wearing of masks. You will have to now wear, masks in all museums, and galleries, nail bars, and salons, cinemas, public areas of hotels, places, of worship, social clubs, entertaintainment venues, hair salons, indoor heritage venues, indoor zoos, funfairs and amusement arcades community centres, indoor laser and karting centres,vetimary pactices tattoo and piercing parlours, bingo and concert halls, all premises offering legal or financial services, massage premises, these, all become mandatory from Saturday 8th August. Now how many knew that

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

The wearing of masks in retail premises is conditional of age and medical exemptions. Otherwise it is mandatory. Like all premises the management reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who they believe is a threat to the security , health and welfare of the staff , customers or visitors. Therefiore the management have a duty of care . If they flagrantly fail that duty of care , Then staff may have a grievance. Further more the occupiers liability act places similar provision as to the duty of care by owners of the property. And by vicarious responsibility to the management ..just my opinion ..lol

Leeds

Social clubs ? Will this include swingers clubs opening for socials ?

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Any place where there is a likelihood of gatherings and where social distances apply.

The wearing of masks for socials if your not in the same swinging bubble is mandatory. All heavy breathing or loud screams of delight are To be discouraged. Staff should be informed immediately should there be a breach of the rules where upon the perpetrators wil be restrained and forcibly ejaculated from the premises..

All we need now is some decker police all these new rules

chelmsford

"Social clubs ? Will this include swingers clubs opening for socials ? "

Hmm...I wonder. I think of social clubs as like 'working men's club's' where you go and drink...confusing again..

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"As, from Saturday néw, regulations, come into effect regarding the, wearing of masks. You will have to now wear, masks in all museums, and galleries, nail bars, and salons, cinemas, public areas of hotels, places, of worship, social clubs, entertaintainment venues, hair salons, indoor heritage venues, indoor zoos, funfairs and amusement arcades community centres, indoor laser and karting centres,vetimary pactices tattoo and piercing parlours, bingo and concert halls, all premises offering legal or financial services, massage premises, these, all become mandatory from Saturday 8th August. Now how many knew that "
yeah been on the news enough about time it was mandatory and not just advisory.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"The wearing of masks in retail premises is conditional of age and medical exemptions. Otherwise it is mandatory. Like all premises the management reserve the right to refuse entry to any person who they believe is a threat to the security , health and welfare of the staff , customers or visitors. Therefiore the management have a duty of care . If they flagrantly fail that duty of care , Then staff may have a grievance. Further more the occupiers liability act places similar provision as to the duty of care by owners of the property. And by vicarious responsibility to the management ..just my opinion ..lol "

Well I agree with the last bit

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Agreed! X

Agreed! X"

Nah....its so the government can sell the dodgy masks they brought for the nhs

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"As, from Saturday néw, regulations, come into effect regarding the, wearing of masks. You will have to now wear, masks in all museums, and galleries, nail bars, and salons, cinemas, public areas of hotels, places, of worship, social clubs, entertaintainment venues, hair salons, indoor heritage venues, indoor zoos, funfairs and amusement arcades community centres, indoor laser and karting centres,vetimary pactices tattoo and piercing parlours, bingo and concert halls, all premises offering legal or financial services, massage premises, these, all become mandatory from Saturday 8th August. Now how many knew that yeah been on the news enough about time it was mandatory and not just advisory."

Out and about today and the vast majority of people were wearing masks in the street....without being legislated to do so...really good to see.

Manchester (she/her)

"As, from Saturday néw, regulations, come into effect regarding the, wearing of masks. You will have to now wear, masks in all museums, and galleries, nail bars, and salons, cinemas, public areas of hotels, places, of worship, social clubs, entertaintainment venues, hair salons, indoor heritage venues, indoor zoos, funfairs and amusement arcades community centres, indoor laser and karting centres,vetimary pactices tattoo and piercing parlours, bingo and concert halls, all premises offering legal or financial services, massage premises, these, all become mandatory from Saturday 8th August. Now how many knew that yeah been on the news enough about time it was mandatory and not just advisory.

Out and about today and the vast majority of people were wearing masks in the street....without being legislated to do so...really good to see."

I got heckled from a car for wearing a mask today. I'm in Manchester FFS. We have restrictions. People need to take this seriously.

Leeds

"

Hmm...I wonder. I think of social clubs as like 'working men's club's' where you go and drink...confusing again.."

I wonder if social clubs means things like book clubs, slimming groups, residents association meetings etc ?

chelmsford

"

Hmm...I wonder. I think of social clubs as like 'working men's club's' where you go and drink...confusing again..

I wonder if social clubs means things like book clubs, slimming groups, residents association meetings etc ?"

Yes that would make sense

birmingham

What are we hoping to achieve with masks /coverings what reduction in cases do we need to get to that will allow them to tell us we can take them off for good. I don't like doing thing when the exit strategy for going back to normal has not been set out

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

My local co_op are fining people from today who refuse to mask up

Leicestershire

"What are we hoping to achieve with masks /coverings what reduction in cases do we need to get to that will allow them to tell us we can take them off for good. I don't like doing thing when the exit strategy for going back to normal has not been set out"

Fortunately, what you think is immaterial to the situation.

You either wear a mask when and where it's deemed as being required or face service refusal or a fine.

Leicestershire

"My local co_op are fining people from today who refuse to mask up"

Nope.

Shops have neither the authority or mechanism to issue fixed penalty notices.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

But when you look at the stats, that just isn’t true. Yes- at the height of the virus in March/April, it was true. Now- they are scratching around trying to find cases, let alone ICU admissions."

Have you considered the reason why there are less cases is because MOST people are keeping their distance and wearing masks.

That's the whole point.

"My local co_op are fining people from today who refuse to mask up

Nope.

Shops have neither the authority or mechanism to issue fixed penalty notices."

No but they can refuse entry if not given a valid reason not to wear one.

I think it's about time we made it to show a doctors letter or something along the lines.

If your lucky enough to look under 25 you have to produce id to buy a packet of fags or a bottle of wine...so if you cant wear one through health reasons...back it up and take this fucking serious ffs.

Leicestershire

"

I think it's about time we made it to show a doctors letter or something along the lines.

If your lucky enough to look under 25 you have to produce id to buy a packet of fags or a bottle of wine...so if you cant wear one through health reasons...back it up and take this fucking serious ffs."

I agree.

I was astonished that they went down the 'self cert' route in the first place given the amount of time they had to get a system in place whilst PPE was in short supply.

"

If your lucky enough to look under 25 you have to produce id to buy a packet of fags or a bottle of wine...so if you cant wear one through health reasons...back it up and take this fucking serious ffs.

I agree.

I was astonished that they went down the 'self cert' route in the first place given the amount of time they had to get a system in place whilst PPE was in short supply."

Yep they need to grow a pair as the only reason I can think is they are scared to alienate some of the electorate.

But I'd expect nothing else with this self centred bunch.

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

The 'Karen' radar app comes in very handy in this day and age

"Any place where there is a likelihood of gatherings and where social distances apply.

The wearing of masks for socials if your not in the same swinging bubble is mandatory. All heavy breathing or loud screams of delight are To be discouraged. Staff should be informed immediately should there be a breach of the rules where upon the perpetrators wil be restrained and forcibly ejaculated from the premises.. "

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"As there is virtually no scientific evidence that mask wearing is of any value no case would make it to court anyway.

I thought you were being sarcastic, until I read your second paragraph. Jeez!

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Colchester

"Very very few people wear them in shops here

Of the small number I have seen seemto be the older generation, not worn correctly and fiddling with them often whilst being oblivious to social distancing. Not sure what benefit they feel they're having. "

Well that's the valley mentality for you..

» Add a new message to this topic