FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Since Sunday we have sat in a Restaurant, Sat in a Cinema, stayed in a Hotel . . .

Since Sunday we have sat in a Restaurant, Sat in a Cinema, stayed in a Hotel . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Been to Alton Towers, Sat in a Pub, been Proper 'Therapy' Shopping and if this is the new normal then the only things that we are missing is the Club and Hugging Friends.

Of course we wish the New Normal was the Old Normal, but life 'is' out there to be lived.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Its just how strange going into a small shop etc feels.

We are currently in Cornwall and love the small boutique style shops.

Feels strange having to wait outside until the previous customer has left.

Can't see how they can survive like this though.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Feels strange having to wait outside until the previous customer has left.

Can't see how they can survive like this though. "

Especially during winter when people won't want to queue in the wind and rain.

So true,

Most people browse shop too.

"

Especially during winter when people won't want to queue in the wind and rain. "

We were at IKEA midweek last week and the weather was awful - rain and sun and rain and sun.

Nobody already in the Q left the Q - I suspect that they were determined to tough it out lol.

But probably as the weather worsens they will look out of the window and simply say 'if you think tht I'm standing in the rain to shop . . . '

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

We are off to alton towers in a couple of weeks to stay over, outdoor things I have no problem with, Its trusting people Inside I find hard, so I tend to go ridiculously early or very late when its very quiet

Part of the New Normal is to leave a brolley in your car and a waterproof coat too.

Worcester

"Part of the New Normal is to leave a brolley in your car and a waterproof coat too."

Yes, we have done that.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I met my friend in a coffee chain shop yesterday. They had a very good system in place with doors open, sanitizing and distance markers. We sat inside but both said that nobody is going to want to sit indoors with the doors all open in winter.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Been out for a few meals but thats all but very enjoyable

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"

Especially during winter when people won't want to queue in the wind and rain.

We were at IKEA midweek last week and the weather was awful - rain and sun and rain and sun.

Nobody already in the Q left the Q - I suspect that they were determined to tough it out lol.

But probably as the weather worsens they will look out of the window and simply say 'if you think tht I'm standing in the rain to shop . . . '

"

Ish... Kind of depends if the consumer economy is demand led or supply led... If people need stuff they will queue and wait if needed. Its what coats and umbrellas were invented for. If they just want stuff that will adorn their life for a short while then go to landfill... Perhaps less disposable stuff will be a good thing long term. Though it's a massive cultural change.

"I met my friend in a coffee chain shop yesterday. They had a very good system in place with doors open, sanitizing and distance markers. We sat inside but both said that nobody is going to want to sit indoors with the doors all open in winter."

I do miss Starbucks sitting in. Was great to get out away from my desk at home and just be out wiyth strangers or friends for an hours chat and a coffee.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I met my friend in a coffee chain shop yesterday. They had a very good system in place with doors open, sanitizing and distance markers. We sat inside but both said that nobody is going to want to sit indoors with the doors all open in winter.

I do miss Starbucks sitting in. Was great to get out away from my desk at home and just be out wiyth strangers or friends for an hours chat and a coffee.

"

Another friend and I say on the beach with a takeaway coffee last week.

The problem in the coffee shop was that they had closed the loos. Considering that even the smallest cups in these chains are the size of children's paddling pools I can see this causing problems for people. As it was after an hour and a half my friend and I had to drive home with our legs crossed . Every damn traffic light was red too

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's definitely great and healthy for us to be able to do many of the things that were standard and we appreciated. I've really benefitted from many of the things Cat mentioned and feel so much better - though not enjoyed Alton Towers yet

This experience has helped us to value the small things about life that we typically take for granted

"Cat mentioned and feel so much better - though not enjoyed Alton Towers yet

This experience has helped us to value the small things about life that we typically take for granted "

We have been to Alton Towers 3 times so far (season passes) and not felt unsafe even for a moment. Give it a try. The atmosphere is back too.

Live your life in the best way you can while being just as safe as we can.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I met my friend in a coffee chain shop yesterday. They had a very good system in place with doors open, sanitizing and distance markers. We sat inside but both said that nobody is going to want to sit indoors with the doors all open in winter.

The problem in the coffee shop was that they had closed the loos. Considering that even the smallest cups in these chains are the size of children's paddling pools I can see this causing problems for people. As it was after an hour and a half my friend and I had to drive home with our legs crossed . Every damn traffic light was red too "

The public toilets on the seafront here are open it must be a local council thing.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

The problem in the coffee shop was that they had closed the loos. Considering that even the smallest cups in these chains are the size of children's paddling pools I can see this causing problems for people. As it was after an hour and a half my friend and I had to drive home with our legs crossed . Every damn traffic light was red too The public toilets on the seafront here are open it must be a local council thing."

The disabled toilet is open on the seafront here. This was the coffee shop loo. I think it was probably because they didn't have enough staff to keep cleaning it.

Starbucks are undergoing a massive World wide refurbishment of all their stores . . . has anyone here seen one completed yet?

Just wondering if it was just an opportunity to make changes while they have the chance or they have something in mind as to the way their shop model will be post Covid?

Worcester

"Part of the New Normal is to leave a brolley in your car and a waterproof coat too.

Yes, we have done that."

And so glad we did today

"Part of the New Normal is to leave a brolley in your car and a waterproof coat too.

Yes, we have done that.

And so glad we did today "

It's the 'Flash' weather that catches you out lol. One second Sun and the next Rain.

Worcester

Yes, we have done that.

And so glad we did today

It's the 'Flash' weather that catches you out lol. One second Sun and the next Rain. "

It started out as drizzle but then turned to full on rain.

Still we did our bit for the local economy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's definitely great and healthy for us to be able to do many of the things that were standard and we appreciated. I've really benefitted from many of the things Cat mentioned and feel so much better - though not enjoyed Alton Towers yet

This experience has helped us to value the small things about life that we typically take for granted "

"Starbucks are undergoing a massive World wide refurbishment of all their stores . . . has anyone here seen one completed yet?

Just wondering if it was just an opportunity to make changes while they have the chance or they have something in mind as to the way their shop model will be post Covid?

"

Shut them all down for me. Amazes me how people can't see the harm that has been done by the "coffee shop economy". Manufacturing and skilled work should be the way forward but no, a career pouring hot water into cups is the norm now. All so pretentious arseholes can drink over priced coffee and talk about how negative the rest of the populace is.

"Starbucks are undergoing a massive World wide refurbishment of all their stores . . . has anyone here seen one completed yet?

Shut them all down for me. Amazes me how people can't see the harm that has been done by the "coffee shop economy". Manufacturing and skilled work should be the way forward but no, a career pouring hot water into cups is the norm now. All so pretentious arseholes can drink over priced coffee and talk about how negative the rest of the populace is. "

Oh Dear. Nothing pretentious about that post is there.

Shut them all down for me. Amazes me how people can't see the harm that has been done by the "coffee shop economy". Manufacturing and skilled work should be the way forward but no, a career pouring hot water into cups is the norm now. All so pretentious arseholes can drink over priced coffee and talk about how negative the rest of the populace is.

Oh Dear. Nothing pretentious about that post is there. "

Apologies - I have re-read and didn't mean it to sound so personal - I just have strong opinions about the type of country we have created. We're going done the pan due to "sheople". I`ll shut up now.

Oh Dear. Nothing pretentious about that post is there.

Apologies - I have re-read and didn't mean it to sound so personal - I just have strong opinions about the type of country we have created. We're going done the pan due to "sheople". I`ll shut up now."

No need to shush at all.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 07/08/20 18:13:26]

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Shut them all down for me. Amazes me how people can't see the harm that has been done by the "coffee shop economy". Manufacturing and skilled work should be the way forward but no, a career pouring hot water into cups is the norm now. All so pretentious arseholes can drink over priced coffee and talk about how negative the rest of the populace is. "

They should get rid of all those soft jobs in factories making unnecessary tat like cars and medical equipment and get back working on the land like the good old days when people lived in a cave and cooked on an open fire.

» Add a new message to this topic