FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Nhs is prepearing for the 2nd wave.

Nhs is prepearing for the 2nd wave.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Was told by my podiatrist over a month ago that they were all being redeployed to work with diabetes patients in the hospitals as they were expecting it then. Bloody feet are killing me now

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Was told by my podiatrist over a month ago that they were all being redeployed to work with diabetes patients in the hospitals as they were expecting it then. Bloody feet are killing me now "

It’s the heels that are doing for your feet!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Fail to prepare ,prepare to fail.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The NHS is in a difficult place, after cuts and short on staff, many due to immigration changes. It would ideally not become a covid19 only service again, as this damages thousands of people who deserve care but can't get it. It also stores up problems that will take it years to recover from, according to the published views of NHS medics this week.

It needs significant cash in the shorter and longer terms.

Planning should be underway now to help support it to cope with less restricted services than at the height of the epidemic.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Nhs cannot cope in the winter with flu season so i cannot see it copping with a 2nd wave and flu

"The NHS is in a difficult place, after cuts and short on staff, many due to immigration changes. It would ideally not become a covid19 only service again, as this damages thousands of people who deserve care but can't get it. It also stores up problems that will take it years to recover from, according to the published views of NHS medics this week.

Planning should be underway now to help support it to cope with less restricted services than at the height of the epidemic. "

Yes it sure does need money too. I heard that there might be a £3 billion investment to the nhs as well.

"Nhs cannot cope in the winter with flu season so i cannot see it copping with a 2nd wave and flu "

You and me both..

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Surely the Nightingale Hospitals can be used

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Surely the Nightingale Hospitals can be used"

I think they are in the process of throwing them in a skip at the moment.

near ipswich

"Nhs cannot cope in the winter with flu season so i cannot see it copping with a 2nd wave and flu "
I bet the NHS havnt thought of that.

They can be used but there is a lack of trained professional personal to man them..

By *ustKeepSwinging999Couple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Surely the Nightingale Hospitals can be used

I think they are in the process of throwing them in a skip at the moment."

2 were repurposed for helping to clear backlog of NHS screening. Don't believe the Birmingham one treated any patients

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

With the current focus on social distancing and masks, along with a wider flu vaccination programme, it would appear to be safe to assume that a side effect would be a significantly smaller number of flu infections this winter.

By *ensual pleasures 69Man  over a year ago

leeds

2 were repurposed for helping to clear backlog of NHS screening. Don't believe the Birmingham one treated any patients "

Seeing as their already screened off into individual booths why don’t we turn them into indoor car boot sales!! £15 a time???, it’s a winner!! Lol

2 were repurposed for helping to clear backlog of NHS screening. Don't believe the Birmingham one treated any patients

Seeing as their already screened off into individual booths why don’t we turn them into indoor car boot sales!! £15 a time???, it’s a winner!! Lol "

Covid ward one day...indoor bootsale the next day....3 weeks later covid ward..erm Nope...

They can be used but there is a lack of trained professional personal to man them.."

Also not fit for purpose. They were nothing but a publicity stunt.

Technically a second wave is when the current R value is nearly 0 for a sustained period of time. We haven't seen a second wave that I'm aware of, rather spikes from first wave that hasn't gone.

This will continue to happen as governments continue to try and push people out of self isolation to build up the economy and ineffect continue the first wave. Return to education could see a spike as it's done in numerous other countries. The EUs retoric is there's no evidence this is the case in Europe where schools have returned.

My take on that is theyre too focused on saving the economy over reducing the R value below what virologists have said is needed. As a result one could say that they haven't been able to truly identify if the schools haven't been a source of reinfections because the level hasn't been low enough to show otherwise.

"Nhs cannot cope in the winter with flu season so i cannot see it copping with a 2nd wave and flu

With the current focus on social distancing and masks, along with a wider flu vaccination programme, it would appear to be safe to assume that a side effect would be a significantly smaller number of flu infections this winter."

Or a much greater number of flu infections as people's natural immunities have been significantly reduced by months of isolation, increased washing of hands and sterilisation of surfaces in homes and other places.

This is a very high posibility. Not just surmising.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

They can be used but there is a lack of trained professional personal to man them.."

No there isnt, there are thousands of ex front line nurses working in the nhs doing other jobs who have been allocated places to work if needed, K is one of them, so far none have been needed in our area at least, plus all those who have left for other jobs and those working in the private sector that arent working due to no private work being done if it blows up again

bournemouth

"Nhs cannot cope in the winter with flu season so i cannot see it copping with a 2nd wave and flu

With the current focus on social distancing and masks, along with a wider flu vaccination programme, it would appear to be safe to assume that a side effect would be a significantly smaller number of flu infections this winter."

Also the number sickness bugs especially among children has plummeted, with masks etc normal winter bugs should be much lower.

You are right there, it will be tough for them, lets hope they somehow can manage it

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

What you're all forgetting is with social distancing, masks and more people being cautious, the impact of the flu is likely to be much smaller than previous years.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"What you're all forgetting is with social distancing, masks and more people being cautious, the impact of the flu is likely to be much smaller than previous years. "

And hopefully more people having the flu vaccine will help too

Leicestershire

With the current focus on social distancing and masks, along with a wider flu vaccination programme, it would appear to be safe to assume that a side effect would be a significantly smaller number of flu infections this winter.

Or a much greater number of flu infections as people's natural immunities have been significantly reduced by months of isolation, increased washing of hands and sterilisation of surfaces in homes and other places.

This is a very high posibility. Not just surmising."

That doesn't sound right.

How does wearing masks, being isolated etc. reduce immunity to a flu virus that isn't here yet?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How does wearing masks, being isolated etc. reduce immunity to a flu virus that isn't here yet?

"

Is that even how you'd immune system works? Once you have immunity to something like German measles for instance it can't be washed off or disappear because we're stopping indoors or wearing a mask

Is that even how you'd immune system works? Once you have immunity to something like German measles for instance it can't be washed off or disappear because we're stopping indoors or wearing a mask"

I'm not too sure myself but I have heard doctors speak about central heating being a breeding ground for bugs.

Maybe we will all have to keep visitors away from our homes this winter...but I'll maybe give you a better reply in 6 months time

"

Ones immunity is built up and maintained by small exposure, much like how a vaccine works. If exposure is removed ones natural immunity diminishes after 3 months of non exposure. This is exactly what some GPs have been saying for a while now.

Also the primary thinking behind the herd immunity idea.

Does that make sense?

They can be used but there is a lack of trained professional personal to man them..

No there isnt, there are thousands of ex front line nurses working in the nhs doing other jobs who have been allocated places to work if needed, K is one of them, so far none have been needed in our area at least, plus all those who have left for other jobs and those working in the private sector that arent working due to no private work being done if it blows up again"

That's good news.

More scaremongering, preparing to see off the elderly, cancer, kidney, heart, stroke, liver disease sufferers & others by withdrawing their treatments and issuing blanket DNR notices.

There's also a plan to stop Casualty walk ins, so expect a high mortality rate nothing to do with C-19 everything to do with jerky knee reactions and seeing people off.

Try Professor Sunitra Gupta, the Leeds Uni number crunch for the first wave & the UnHerd interviews with various experts from both sides of the argument.

Next Beclametasone v HydroxyCloroQuinine treatments for C-19.

Is that even how you'd immune system works? Once you have immunity to something like German measles for instance it can't be washed off or disappear because we're stopping indoors or wearing a mask"

Not all viruses function in the same way and that is also the case with vaccines. Many need repeat vaccination, others boosters and others one off.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"What you're all forgetting is with social distancing, masks and more people being cautious, the impact of the flu is likely to be much smaller than previous years. "

This would be great if people were actually distancing.

None in evidence outside our local pub yesterday, which has reopened its playground full of screaming kids piled on top of one another.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is that even how you'd immune system works? Once you have immunity to something like German measles for instance it can't be washed off or disappear because we're stopping indoors or wearing a mask

Not all viruses function in the same way and that is also the case with vaccines. Many need repeat vaccination, others boosters and others one off."

Oh OK. So will our immunity to things like enteritis be reduced,?

By *affa CakesCouple  over a year ago

Tidworth Wiltshire

There are potentially 198 different types of influenza virus and mixing in a covid 19 naccine who knows what will happen.

cdc.gov/

Dudley

"What you're all forgetting is with social distancing, masks and more people being cautious, the impact of the flu is likely to be much smaller than previous years.

None in evidence outside our local pub yesterday, which has reopened its playground full of screaming kids piled on top of one another. "

Most people are being sensible, there's always going to be dickheads that think they know better and purposely break the rules because they don't like being told what to do. That's the same everyday.

near ipswich

"What you're all forgetting is with social distancing, masks and more people being cautious, the impact of the flu is likely to be much smaller than previous years.

None in evidence outside our local pub yesterday, which has reopened its playground full of screaming kids piled on top of one another.

Most people are being sensible, there's always going to be dickheads that think they know better and purposely break the rules because they don't like being told what to do. That's the same everyday. "

You only have to read some of the posts on here to know thats true.

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

Also not fit for purpose. They were nothing but a publicity stunt. "

Oh I'm pretty sure they will have lined some of his mate's pockets as the prime objective

Dudley

Most people are being sensible, there's always going to be dickheads that think they know better and purposely break the rules because they don't like being told what to do. That's the same everyday. You only have to read some of the posts on here to know thats true. "

Yep, it's because we are a nation of spoiled brats and cannot accept that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to in order to make things better in the long run. It's really very sad.

Most people are being sensible, there's always going to be dickheads that think they know better and purposely break the rules because they don't like being told what to do. That's the same everyday. You only have to read some of the posts on here to know thats true.

Yep, it's because we are a nation of spoiled brats and cannot accept that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to in order to make things better in the long run. It's really very sad. "

I agree. We are a very selfish nation. Not to mention stupid

But we've been used to a society where we can pretty much have what we want, when we want it. Supermarkets full of food. Almost 100% employment. A national health service

We arent used to hardship. Going without. Making sacrifices. Working together for the common good.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"The NHS is in a difficult place, after cuts and short on staff, many due to immigration changes. It would ideally not become a covid19 only service again, as this damages thousands of people who deserve care but can't get it. It also stores up problems that will take it years to recover from, according to the published views of NHS medics this week.

Planning should be underway now to help support it to cope with less restricted services than at the height of the epidemic. "

You mean all that frantic clapping didn’t fix the deficit

V x

They have said that we are going to have a second wave for a very long time so I don't believe everything they say

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all?"
where in the news did you see or read that the nhs are getting ready for a 2nd wave??

"The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all? where in the news did you see or read that the nhs are getting ready for a 2nd wave??"
It was on the express online site.

thats it. Im no longer reading the Virus forum

How long has the comment of 2nd wave is coming been around??!!!!

Enough is enough x

"thats it. Im no longer reading the Virus forum

How long has the comment of 2nd wave is coming been around??!!!!

Enough is enough x"

Bye

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

"They have said that we are going to have a second wave for a very long time so I don't believe everything they say"

100% agree. Where was the 2nd wave from May when we had the protests and sunbathers?

These experts and advisors need a good looking at, as it seems they haven't actually got much right so far.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"They have said that we are going to have a second wave for a very long time so I don't believe everything they say

100% agree. Where was the 2nd wave from May when we had the protests and sunbathers?

These experts and advisors need a good looking at, as it seems they haven't actually got much right so far.

"

**"...it seems they haven't actually got much right so far..."**

-------------------

Well as you say "so far", which means they could possibly get something right at some stage.

None of us have a crystal ball to know what will or will not happen.

So my approach is: don't panic, but don't be complacent either, because it is when you least expect something to happen that's when it happens.

St Neots/Wisbech

"They have said that we are going to have a second wave for a very long time so I don't believe everything they say

-------------------

Well as you say "so far", which means they could possibly get something right at some stage.

So my approach is: don't panic, but don't be complacent either, because it is when you least expect something to happen that's when it happens. "

Imagine you are hiring a group of experts to run your company, and for 5 months they've got pretty much nothing right.

Do you keep them on in the vague hope that they might do you a turn at some point ?

Every piece of advice that's been given so far has been frought with issues and contradiction, mostly from within their own ranks.

How exactly do you expect to keep the faith when they're always a day late and a dollar short ?

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Most people are being sensible, there's always going to be dickheads that think they know better and purposely break the rules because they don't like being told what to do. That's the same everyday. You only have to read some of the posts on here to know thats true.

Yep, it's because we are a nation of spoiled brats and cannot accept that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to in order to make things better in the long run. It's really very sad.

I agree. We are a very selfish nation. Not to mention stupid

But we've been used to a society where we can pretty much have what we want, when we want it. Supermarkets full of food. Almost 100% employment. A national health service

We arent used to hardship. Going without. Making sacrifices. Working together for the common good.

"

It’s good that you admire intelligence in others.

London

-------------------

So my approach is: don't panic, but don't be complacent either, because it is when you least expect something to happen that's when it happens.

Imagine you are hiring a group of experts to run your company, and for 5 months they've got pretty much nothing right.

Do you keep them on in the vague hope that they might do you a turn at some point ?

Every piece of advice that's been given so far has been frought with issues and contradiction, mostly from within their own ranks.

How exactly do you expect to keep the faith when they're always a day late and a dollar short ? "

**"...How exactly do you expect to keep the faith..."**

----------

I don't have any faith at all, hence the reason I said my approach will be: not to panic ( about a second wave etc); but not to be complacent either.

Just sat thinking..

I wear a mask to sit n talk to you in my room but we can go for a meal together n sit next to each other with no mask!

Yes I'm sarcastic.. Yes NHS worker yes cynical.. Yes feel sad for front line team.

But 15wk on. flights still continued. Lock down with no lock down no masks when it was needed..

Yet will spend money into an enquiry? Yet he could just ask public what went wrong..

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 08/08/20 00:55:09]

south coast

"The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all? where in the news did you see or read that the nhs are getting ready for a 2nd wave??It was on the express online site."

The express, jesus, i give up.

Yep, I am an ex Royal Navy Medic, former Ambulance Technician and now an Environmental Scientist specialising in decontamination. On standby.

"Yep, I am an ex Royal Navy Medic, former Ambulance Technician and now an Environmental Scientist specialising in decontamination. On standby."

Bugger he must have blown his cover

"The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all? where in the news did you see or read that the nhs are getting ready for a 2nd wave??It was on the express online site.

The express, jesus, i give up. "

You seem to know a lot, maybe we should all consult you on just about Everything

south coast

"The news comes as they are prepearing for the 2nd wave and they are planning to close normal care to cope with the increase of cases, others are saying that it should not only be a covid service. I agree with them on that and what will happen to all the other patients there, also could the nhs cope with it all? where in the news did you see or read that the nhs are getting ready for a 2nd wave??It was on the express online site.

The express, jesus, i give up.

You seem to know a lot, maybe we should all consult you on just about Everything "

fine by me

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Wonder if they'll have time to do some more tik tok videos

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

2nd wave will we october when weather hits also impact of all the grandparents picking infected kids up from school

-------------------

How exactly do you expect to keep the faith when they're always a day late and a dollar short ?

----------

I don't have any faith at all, hence the reason I said my approach will be: not to panic ( about a second wave etc); but not to be complacent either."

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

2nd wave will we october when weather hits also impact of all the grandparents picking infected kids up from school

-------------------

----------

I don't have any faith at all, hence the reason I said my approach will be: not to panic ( about a second wave etc); but not to be complacent either."

2nd wave will hit october when weather changes and impact of schools going back with grandparents being infected by kids returning from school

Open your eyes this the calm before the storm

St Neots/Wisbech

-------------------

----------

I don't have any faith at all, hence the reason I said my approach will be: not to panic ( about a second wave etc); but not to be complacent either.

2nd wave will hit october when weather changes and impact of schools going back with grandparents being infected by kids returning from school

Open your eyes this the calm before the storm"

My eyes are wide open thanks. So many people predicted the second wave months ago and we got no such thing. Now the same people are banging the "wait til winter comes" drum.

Seems that you're suggesting the virus will thrive more in schools than pubs, restaurants, hairdressers etc, can you explain why schools will be a cause of a 2nd wave and McDonald's wont be ?

There’s no staff, the issue with the Nightingale’s was always a lack of senior consultants and the surgical and anaesthetists required to run ventilated beds.

At best they will be used as step down facilities for those recovering or indeed those who are too fragile to ventilate.

The issue has always been with critical care, as others have said come October and flu season hospitals will be at 80-85% capacity with flu season even before covid comes into the equation. There’s a real chance of being overwhelmed. We are currently preparing for working on a 1:8 ratio as opposed to a 1:1 with an ICU should operate on.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

My eyes are wide open thanks. So many people predicted the second wave months ago and we got no such thing. Now the same people are banging the "wait til winter comes" drum.

Seems that you're suggesting the virus will thrive more in schools than pubs, restaurants, hairdressers etc, can you explain why schools will be a cause of a 2nd wave and McDonald's wont be ? "

One of the issues with schools is that when they are running normally, every student can easily come in close contact with every other student in the building in a very short period of time. We regularly see "winter bugs" take out a big chunk of our students within a week of them emerging. When we've seen this happen many times, it's understandable that there is a perceived risk attached to schools.

Cal

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Listened to a virologist on the radio the other day . Who said there will not be a second wave as the first wave hasn t left yet. What we will experience will be local outbreaks where poeple start to relaxtheir routine of keeping their distance and washing more often. Also the weather will have an effect of peoples behaviors. I'm no expert but that sounds about right for what is happening

St Neots/Wisbech

"

Seems that you're suggesting the virus will thrive more in schools than pubs, restaurants, hairdressers etc, can you explain why schools will be a cause of a 2nd wave and McDonald's wont be ?

One of the issues with schools is that when they are running normally, every student can easily come in close contact with every other student in the building in a very short period of time. We regularly see "winter bugs" take out a big chunk of our students within a week of them emerging. When we've seen this happen many times, it's understandable that there is a perceived risk attached to schools.

Cal"

Schools are more covid safe than any other place. My wife works in our daughters school and they are shit hot on everything, as are all the other schools in the area. Wetherspoons and other establishments are far more lax.

Winter bugs aren't covid, and with the immense cleaning and social distancing in place at schools, its more likely that we will see a massive reduction in illnesses.

It's also worth noting that the usual death toll over winter is likely to decrease significantly, as the vulnerable have already died or recovered and taking extra caution.

Places are being identified and dealt with very quickly where the slightest outbreak is found, so the likelihood of a 2nd wave is pretty remote, probably more remote than our chances of contracting the virus anymore.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Listened to a virologist on the radio the other day . Who said there will not be a second wave as the first wave hasn t left yet. What we will experience will be local outbreaks where poeple start to relaxtheir routine of keeping their distance and washing more often. Also the weather will have an effect of peoples behaviors. I'm no expert but that sounds about right for what is happening "

Hmmm I'd suggest that's just a misunderstanding of the concept of "waves"

Peaks and troughs are waves

Ie high numbers of hospital admissions and low level

It was high the peak , controls put into action has now formed the trough

It's now to be seen as we have relaxed controls if the virus will spread and grow exponentially or not

And as it spreads if it causes exponential hospital admissions

This really depends on IF the vulnerable decide to expose themselves or maintain their solitude

As a NHS worker the nightingale hospitals were never going to be used, as you say it was one big publicity stunt

"

"Just sat thinking..

I wear a mask to sit n talk to you in my room but we can go for a meal together n sit next to each other with no mask!

Yes I'm sarcastic.. Yes NHS worker yes cynical.. Yes feel sad for front line team.

But 15wk on. flights still continued. Lock down with no lock down no masks when it was needed..

Yet will spend money into an enquiry? Yet he could just ask public what went wrong.. "

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

As a NHS worker the nightingale hospitals were never going to be used, as you say it was one big publicity stunt "

A colossal waste of money. Beggars belief.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

There were never going to be enough nurses to staff them

Renfrew

when was the first wave???

bournemouth

"There were never going to be enough nurses to staff them"

We have been over this several times before, there was enough, ex, retired and redeployed nhs staff, K was one

"There were never going to be enough nurses to staff them

We have been over this several times before, there was enough, ex, retired and redeployed nhs staff, K was one "

Exactly, even the student nurses were promised jobs and it never happened

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

As America is not coping very well I feel we will struggle.

It could get rough for the nhs. They are only human.

I fear for the elderly and vulnerable.

Will they be prepared better?

Leicestershire

As a NHS worker the nightingale hospitals were never going to be used, as you say it was one big publicity stunt

A colossal waste of money. Beggars belief. "

And if they hadn't done it and they were needed we'd all be bleating about how shit they were for not being prepared.

Very easy to criticise from the sidelines.

Not true. Most trusts are allocating 1 hospital for covid and everything else they are recommencing surgery etc So services are opening up. But the nhs has been stock piling PPE so as not to be in the same situation again

As a NHS worker the nightingale hospitals were never going to be used, as you say it was one big publicity stunt "

Not true really, the Nw nightingale saw plenty of patients... the others where just the wrong model

3weeks since the original post... still waiting for this 2nd wave since June

We have been over this several times before, there was enough, ex, retired and redeployed nhs staff, K was one "

There were never enough staff, ITU nursing is incredibly specialised and takes months of training. As much as getting some retired general or district nurses to come back and help in hospitals was a good thing they were often, by their own admission, next to useless because things had moved on so much from when they had last worked on respiratory wards.

The Nightingales were always a publicity stunt, and the local centres that were set up were not much better.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

We have been over this several times before, there was enough, ex, retired and redeployed nhs staff, K was one

There were never enough staff, ITU nursing is incredibly specialised and takes months of training. As much as getting some retired general or district nurses to come back and help in hospitals was a good thing they were often, by their own admission, next to useless because things had moved on so much from when they had last worked on respiratory wards.

The Nightingales were always a publicity stunt, and the local centres that were set up were not much better."

Well said, many friends back to nursing courses lasted 2 days ! Crazy

Lets just hope the UK doesn't have another silly idea like clap for the NHS! What a stupid thing to do! Beggars belief. Lockdown all week then everyone groups together not wearing masks and all the lockdown was for nothing! Should be a website and do a click for NHS lol

"3weeks since the original post... still waiting for this 2nd wave since June"

Ain't gonna happen. Or knowing the British Government when people start getting I'll from the winter flu and sadly pass away they'll count them as corona victims!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is totally logical that the NHS should "Prepafe for a second wave". Imagine if there was a second wave and they hadn't prepared for it.

You know what they say "Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail".

If they're prepared, then the worst that can happen is there is no second wave.

Cal

"It is totally logical that the NHS should "Prepafe for a second wave". Imagine if there was a second wave and they hadn't prepared for it.

You know what they say "Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail".

If they're prepared, then the worst that can happen is there is no second wave.

Cal"

Then you will have the usual suspects telling us how the public sector just wastes money!

It's like the oft quoted example of the millennium bug, it was all a hoax and nothing happened they say, completely ignoring the efforts that were made for years prior to ensure that nothing happened.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Lets just hope the UK doesn't have another silly idea like clap for the NHS! What a stupid thing to do! Beggars belief. Lockdown all week then everyone groups together not wearing masks and all the lockdown was for nothing! Should be a website and do a click for NHS lol "

But they didn't though did they.? They stood appropriately socially distanced for 2 mins to clap and then had a conversation with neighbours from 5m distance. Lets stop the silly rumour spreading it helps nobody.

"Lets just hope the UK doesn't have another silly idea like clap for the NHS! What a stupid thing to do! Beggars belief. Lockdown all week then everyone groups together not wearing masks and all the lockdown was for nothing! Should be a website and do a click for NHS lol

But they didn't though did they.? They stood appropriately socially distanced for 2 mins to clap and then had a conversation with neighbours from 5m distance. Lets stop the silly rumour spreading it helps nobody. "

You sure about that?

https://youtu.be/MCs3qQhTejY

Forward to 2.26 lol

"Lets just hope the UK doesn't have another silly idea like clap for the NHS! What a stupid thing to do! Beggars belief. Lockdown all week then everyone groups together not wearing masks and all the lockdown was for nothing! Should be a website and do a click for NHS lol

But they didn't though did they.? They stood appropriately socially distanced for 2 mins to clap and then had a conversation with neighbours from 5m distance. Lets stop the silly rumour spreading it helps nobody. "

Yes sorry you are right... if you clap outside of your homes you must keep the 2 meter rules but if you clap outside of a hospital then that rules doesn't apply. My apologies

https://youtu.be/8ovrvbMYORE

Tin town

But they didn't though did they.? They stood appropriately socially distanced for 2 mins to clap and then had a conversation with neighbours from 5m distance. Lets stop the silly rumour spreading it helps nobody.

Yes sorry you are right... if you clap outside of your homes you must keep the 2 meter rules but if you clap outside of a hospital then that rules doesn't apply. My apologies

https://youtu.be/8ovrvbMYORE"

Ive not checked the link but assume its a video of some folks breaking the 2m guideline. In which case yes in that one instance... Its not sensible at all. I can only talk to what I've seen which was for 8bweeks or however long.... My street were all pretty good and it also gave us a chance to say hello to people we've not spoken to before. All positive.

https://youtu.be/8ovrvbMYORE"

Let’s ignore that these people work closely alongside each other inside the hospital as they are unable to socially distance when treating patients and also sanitise after each patient and every time they leave or enter a ward.

Ive not checked the link but assume its a video of some folks breaking the 2m guideline. In which case yes in that one instance... Its not sensible at all. I can only talk to what I've seen which was for 8bweeks or however long.... My street were all pretty good and it also gave us a chance to say hello to people we've not spoken to before. All positive. "

No not just some people the entire staff of the hospital. Nurses doctors and none of them are wearing masks surrounded by the public. Higgins etc.

I wasn't having a go as such at you or anyone. Just not a very good idea... I can understand it was nice to do and a chance to see friends etc safely.

I can't really comment in lockdown as ive not really experienced one. I was in Elba Italy when it all kicked off and lockdown happened. I told my boss I needed to get off the island as when I'm told I can't go anywhere then I need to go. So I drove back to Germany and started travelling again. Sorry if I offended you...

Let’s ignore that these people work closely alongside each other inside the hospital as they are unable to socially distance when treating patients and also sanitise after each patient and every time they leave or enter a ward."

Yeah but in first video their mixing with the public. And it was NHS who promoted social distancing and They should do it also. Everyone else sanitised too and wore masks etc. So if you sanitize and wear PPI then social distancing doesn't apply to you? Cool

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"They have said that we are going to have a second wave for a very long time so I don't believe everything they say"
I think 1st wave was dec/Jan ppl had similar symptoms

Let’s ignore that these people work closely alongside each other inside the hospital as they are unable to socially distance when treating patients and also sanitise after each patient and every time they leave or enter a ward.

Yeah but in first video their mixing with the public. And it was NHS who promoted social distancing and They should do it also. Everyone else sanitised too and wore masks etc. So if you sanitize and wear PPI then social distancing doesn't apply to you? Cool "

Also inside the hospital and wards they wear PPI so working closely isn't an issue. They're not in the videos

Tin town

Ive not checked the link but assume its a video of some folks breaking the 2m guideline. In which case yes in that one instance... Its not sensible at all. I can only talk to what I've seen which was for 8bweeks or however long.... My street were all pretty good and it also gave us a chance to say hello to people we've not spoken to before. All positive.

No not just some people the entire staff of the hospital. Nurses doctors and none of them are wearing masks surrounded by the public. Higgins etc.

I wasn't having a go as such at you or anyone. Just not a very good idea... I can understand it was nice to do and a chance to see friends etc safely.

I can't really comment in lockdown as ive not really experienced one. I was in Elba Italy when it all kicked off and lockdown happened. I told my boss I needed to get off the island as when I'm told I can't go anywhere then I need to go. So I drove back to Germany and started travelling again. Sorry if I offended you... "

Appreciate it and likewise to you. I think when the threads stay polite. It's a good thing to hear other people's experiences. There have been lots of inconsistencies and mistakes I'm sure but at the end of the day I'd hope we share a common purpose of better understanding the consequence of the virus and doing whatever we can to reduce its spread....

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

No staff to staff the nightingale units even if you use forces staff there would not be enuf staff to do both

By *nterracialDesiresCouple (MM)  over a year ago

London / Essex

There will not be a second wave.

You heard it here first.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"There will not be a second wave.

You heard it here first."

Yes I’m hopeful too. Cases will increase over winter but selection pressure looks to be shifting the virus towards a more contagious but much less harmful strain Fingers crossed

Renfrew

Yes it's called a cold or flu

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"Lets just hope the UK doesn't have another silly idea like clap for the NHS! What a stupid thing to do! Beggars belief. Lockdown all week then everyone groups together not wearing masks and all the lockdown was for nothing! Should be a website and do a click for NHS lol "

I think the end of clapping was a factor in people disregarding lockdown rules. It brought us together and reminded us that we rely on the NHS and care services but also rely on each other’s behaviour.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I don't think there will be a second wave ...Boris said there would be one starting last week...no sign so far .. maybe Jesus will come back and save us

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

People seem to have a very short memory

We had a lockdown as we were experiencing exponential infection rates that would have overwhelmed the NHS.

Within weeks of lockdown the rate of infections reduced and the NHS coped but a lot of vulnerable and not so vulnerable people unfortunately died.

We are now in control of the virus, it's still just as contagious, still as deadly and still there.

We have learned how to minimise spreading the virus and it's up to individuals now to use this knowledge wisely and of course infections will go up and down and we're coming into an especially dangerous time of schools returning, trying to get back to "normal" and people are becoming complacent.

We also have huge numbers of people too stupid to understand the dangers and unfortunately the people that don't give a fuck if they kill their granny as she's old anyway and those incomprehensibly in denial ... Really !!

It really is simple, wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a face covering when in close proximity.

"People seem to have a very short memory

We had a lockdown as we were experiencing exponential infection rates that would have overwhelmed the NHS.

Within weeks of lockdown the rate of infections reduced and the NHS coped but a lot of vulnerable and not so vulnerable people unfortunately died.

We are now in control of the virus, it's still just as contagious, still as deadly and still there.

We have learned how to minimise spreading the virus and it's up to individuals now to use this knowledge wisely and of course infections will go up and down and we're coming into an especially dangerous time of schools returning, trying to get back to "normal" and people are becoming complacent.

We also have huge numbers of people too stupid to understand the dangers and unfortunately the people that don't give a fuck if they kill their granny as she's old anyway and those incomprehensibly in denial ... Really !!

It really is simple, wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a face covering when in close proximity.

"

London

"People seem to have a very short memory

"

This

» Add a new message to this topic