FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Many folk had it?

Many folk had it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rcher69 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr Milton Keynes

Just curious as too how many folk have had covid-19?

At the start of lockdown my family went into total isolation, ten days later all very poorly with symptoms which were later confirmed by antibody tests.

Not really aware of many other that have actually had it, have you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Did your family know they had been exposed to Covid19 to go into total isolation ?

nr Milton Keynes

"Did your family know they had been exposed to Covid19 to go into total isolation ?"

No, it was the start of lockdown when most folk were pretty scared, medically complex condition in the house so docs we're advising isolation which was acted on but it was too late as already carrying.

Suspect picked it up on the last day of work, symptom free for 10days and didn't see anyone in that time.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Just curious as too how many folk have had covid-19?

At the start of lockdown my family went into total isolation, ten days later all very poorly with symptoms which were later confirmed by antibody tests.

Not really aware of many other that have actually had it, have you? "

How are you family now, I hope they have all recovered.

I think that I had it very early on in February, but I wasn't tested so I don't have any idea. I was really ill in a way that I have never been through before with a very heavy chest.

I know quite a few people who have had it, most totally recovered but we have had a few losses also.

nr Milton Keynes

"Just curious as too how many folk have had covid-19?

Not really aware of many other that have actually had it, have you?

How are you family now, I hope they have all recovered.

I think that I had it very early on in February, but I wasn't tested so I don't have any idea. I was really ill in a way that I have never been through before with a very heavy chest.

I know quite a few people who have had it, most totally recovered but we have had a few losses also."

Sorry to hear of your losses.

All fine and recovered now, took about 6 weeks all in.

The doctor that did the antibody tests said that he'd been testing people who thought that had it as early as Christmas and they were positive so quite likely you did have it.

Leeds

[Removed by poster at 08/08/20 07:41:57]

By *allgirthyMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

Don’t know anybody who’s had it - not confirmed anyway. Strange.

Leeds

I heard that the wife of a local pharmacist had it but I don't know anyone personally.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's possible that my family have had it. Back in early March, when my nephew was still at school, he came home one day and developed a bad dry cough and a fever. My sister got very sick; loss of smell and taste, bad cough, chest pain, trouble breathing, so feverish that she was delirious at one point. Symptoms lasted about three weeks.

I was with her about two days before the symptoms started. I had a temperature, sore throat and headache that lasted for around a week. My brother then when down with what appeared to be a sinus infection - it lasted ten days - he started to feel better - and then out of nowhere he got hit with pneumonia type symptoms; fever, night sweats, unable to walk up the stairs without struggling for breath.

So yeah... they weren't testing at the time (my sister was told by the NHS that it sounded like COVID and to just isolate for 14 days unless breathing problems got worse) but given the symptoms and the way that it spread between all of us and the nastiness of it - we think it was COVID.

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

Two of my staff had it in March, both young and fit, very poorly, rest of us have had negative antibody tests.

A gorgeous 34 yr male fabber started messaging me in March.. said he felt ill then msgd to say he going in ambulance with covid...said he wld let me know when out...hes not been on site for 3 months now..i fear he perished x

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I had it in January, it started with a dry cough, which became productive after a few days alongside a high temperature, night sweats and extreme fatigue.

My symptoms lasted roughly 2 months in all, I needed 2 lots of antibiotics to clear my chest. It was the worst chest infection I’ve ever had and the fatigue was terrible. I can understand why the elderly and overweight casualties struggled.

Strangely I didn’t pass it on to my family, they were all fine in January. They did however get it in March, exactly the same symptoms, I was fine.

All that said, I don’t think it was worth shutting the country down for. For me to contract it in January, Covid was kicking around in December and was highly prevalent by March.

The statistics we are seeing are way off.

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

"I had it in January, it started with a dry cough, which became productive after a few days alongside a high temperature, night sweats and extreme fatigue.

My symptoms lasted roughly 2 months in all, I needed 2 lots of antibiotics to clear my chest. It was the worst chest infection I’ve ever had and the fatigue was terrible. I can understand why the elderly and overweight casualties struggled.

Strangely I didn’t pass it on to my family, they were all fine in January. They did however get it in March, exactly the same symptoms, I was fine.

All that said, I don’t think it was worth shutting the country down for. For me to contract it in January, Covid was kicking around in December and was highly prevalent by March.

The statistics we are seeing are way off."

Interesting about the early presence theory. Myself and a colleague both had classic symptoms in January too. Different to anything I’ve had before, especially the breathing, had to sit up in bed one of the nights gasping for breath. The other guy was even worse than me.

Leeds

My daughter's healthy friend, a nurse age 25, was hospitalised in January with "pneumonia"

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

2 family members had it, one very ill. It was tracked back to a London hospital, where he saw a consultant who tested positive. They have had private antibody tests and they have antibodies, at the moment.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

A few customers and a relative

One thought they were going to die and another said they'd had worse flu

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 08/08/20 09:42:22]

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

My whole household had it starting with me 2 weeks before lockdown.

nr Milton Keynes

"A gorgeous 34 yr male fabber started messaging me in March.. said he felt ill then msgd to say he going in ambulance with covid...said he wld let me know when out...hes not been on site for 3 months now..i fear he perished x "

That's terrible, sorry to hear that.

By *hat black guyMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"My whole household had it starting with me 2 weeks before lockdown. "

That can’t be easy on you all ?

I hope you’ve had no losses & all fully recovered ?

Just a query, I get tested weekly because I work & return to family bubble

Is the track n trace system up & running, also reliable to use ?

"I had it in January, it started with a dry cough, which became productive after a few days alongside a high temperature, night sweats and extreme fatigue.

The statistics we are seeing are way off."

It sounds like you had a bacterial infection. That'd explain the antibiotics working and your family not getting it.

Not had it personally that I am aware of, however 2 of my friends have, one work colleague and my god son.

Wakefield

I’ve tested positive for antibodies, so has my partner.

Clarythromycin is a strong antibiotic used to treat Covid patients btw

Kas def had it,picked up off patient,and because we had to isolate together there is high chance I have had it although no real symptoms,she has been asked to donate plasma due to having the antibodies,I am not nhs so not been tested for them

By *lipperywhenwet07Couple  over a year ago

llanelli

We believe had it end of feb we had been to London to a club and stayed T5 Heathrow travelodge

It was chineseNY

At check in was behind a girl she was feverish and could feel heat from her

Week later was quite tired and developed a set of flu like symptoms

One day I could not go to work and never had fever like it .., bad chest and I’m asthmatic

Mrs slide had chronic fatigue and long dry cough And loss of taste

Did phone consult few weeks on unrelated and Was told 99% chance had it

"I’ve tested positive for antibodies, so has my partner.

Clarythromycin is a strong antibiotic used to treat Covid patients btw"

How did you manage to get the antibody test,kas asked about me and was told only nhs staff or other key workers were eligible for it?I feel it should be offered to everyone now just to see what %age of population has had it,of course we prob not geared up to test everyone

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Clarythromycin is a strong antibiotic used to treat Covid patients btw"

No it’s not - antibiotics are used to treat bacteria

Covid is a virus - they are different things

staffordshire

I had it in April just after Easter - swab positive and subsequently antibody positive off the proper NHS blood test (not the dodgy internet ones)

Not severe fortunately no need for hospital and recovered well

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

1 family death but I've not knowingly had it

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

My best friend lost his 40 year twin old cousins, a club owner friend lost his aunt. I've not personally been directly affected but as Mr and some friends are NHS employees they've seen it first hand daily.

Wakefield

Covid is a virus - they are different things"

No it’s not?

My partner has had the unfortunate experience of working on the very front line where Clarithromyin has been administered to Covid patients by drip.

Covid is a virus that can lead to other problems such as Pneumonia - the very reason Covid was identified in China back in December when many cases of Pneumonia were being diagnosed.

My GP prescribed me Clarithromycin and within 5 days my chest was clear after 8 weeks of struggling with my breathing.

Yes it is

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

I’m a teacher 10 out of 20 staff in my school had it just before lockdown ..... 3 kids in my class (although no testing at that time) 2 of the kids subsequently lost grandparents who had it at the time of death. One partner of a staff member died and about 5 additional family members severe.

No it’s not?

My partner has had the unfortunate experience of working on the very front line where Clarithromyin has been administered to Covid patients by drip.

Covid is a virus that can lead to other problems such as Pneumonia - the very reason Covid was identified in China back in December when many cases of Pneumonia were being diagnosed.

My GP prescribed me Clarithromycin and within 5 days my chest was clear after 8 weeks of struggling with my breathing.

Yes it is"

People are being prescribed antibiotics for complications arising from Covid infection, the antibiotics will fight things like bacterial pneumonia but will not have any effect on the viral Covid infection.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

Yeah, my uncle had it and recovered quickly, one of my friends had it, she felt awful but was better pretty quickly, I know of a few people who died after having it, one was unrelated to covid, one was caused by covid.

I think I had it mid feb, dry cough, lost sense of taste and smell for 3 weeks, difficult breathing for about 10 days, really bad fatigue, think son had it first as was at doctors with him for what I thought was a chest infection over Feb half term...I wasn’t tested at the time but have since had a positive antibody test, still suffering with the fatigue really not sure if that’s from the COVID though or having the kids home for 6 months

No it’s not?

Yes it is"

Sounds more like a secondary bacterial infection, a complicatiin/consequence of the virus.

By *istyblue1967Man  over a year ago

manchester

to the people that have caught it ....

do you think you contracted it by close contact.air bourne droplets or touching infected surface ???

I believe I had it in January. Might never know. Very different from normal cold/flu dry cough, temperature that all lasted longer than normal. Left with a wheeze even now.

Fairly sure I had it.

I work in a hotel where I have direct contact with people and their germs. The weekend before all eating establishments were shut down we were extremely busy, it was the stage where children were thought to not be able to get it, and I personally took payments off around 30 teenagers and their parents each day as we had two teenage rugby teams in.

The following Thursday I had a temperature and a sudden dry cough and breathlessness. That's all I had but the cough and breathlessness went on for almost two months.

Had it in January too but this was before I was even aware of covid, we are talking just the new year.

I had to miss taking my mam to her partners funeral because I couldn't stand under my own weight.

I thought I had pneumonia but doctors revisited test results after my wife and mam had similar symptoms and turns out I had covid.

It's a good job we are normally very healthy, any other health issues and we would have been dead for sure.

I haven't seen my nana since before lockdown, she's been in and out of hospital with health conditions (not covid related) im terrified that I will pass any trace of the virus I have left in me to her.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 08/08/20 14:28:45]

North West

"[Removed by fat fingered idiot at 08/08/20 14:28:45]"

I've definitely had it, antibody test as part of my pre op assessment confirmed it last week.

We (S, myself, our teen son and little girl) all had various symptoms over a period of weeks.

Our son had a chesty cough and felt grim a few weeks before lockdown but carried on at college because he had practical exams he couldn't miss. The symptoms weren't especially indicative of Covid and he's asthmatic so gets chesty coughs frequently.

Then towards the end of March, I suddenly lost all taste and smell but was otherwise fine. Took my temp the next day and it was 38.3 degs but didn't feel like I had a fever. That lasted about 24hrs. We started whole family isolation at the point I'd lost smell/taste but felt well enough to carry on working from home for about 4 days. Then I got a blinding headache and felt exhausted and S had become ill too. As we had our little girl at home and both were not fully well, we had to take time off work. S started with a bad cough and chest pains. He was much worse than me and by about day 3 of his symptoms he was so exhausted and in pain that he stayed in bed. Our teen son was the only one able to cook etc as I can't stand long enough to do it anymore. He kept us fed and watered. Our daughter had a 24hr period in the middle with a bit of coughing and a temp but was then fine.

S was ill for about 10 days, me for about the same. His symptoms were about 3 days behind mine. We were back working from home by 4th April.

I have no residual symptoms at all and feel fine. S has a cough at night and sometimes in the day. He's got zero pre existing health conditions, never smoked, though he was exposed to second hand smoking as a child and has been prone to chest infections in general as an adult.

We didn't qualify for swab testing at the time in March, then it was just for people in hospital. However I still have detectable antibodies over 3 months from the episode yet had very mild illness.

If I didn't have a child at home to look after and an ill husband, I'd probably have managed to continue working from home.

whole family had it, we think. I was sleeping downstairs on the sofa because when I laid in bed, I was choking in my sleep, waking up hardly able to breath. Partner took an antibody test that confirmed she definitely had it. Ruined our Christmas/New Year.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Only person I know a few that have had it. Myself included. I had it back in December x

I had it early April.

It was quite bad but I have only ever had flu twice in my life and both were much worse than covid

Got an older friend who has been in hospital for other things, (Crohns) and stomach surgery. Had to go in and out in March for related tests prior to the surgery and so on, each time he went in he was tested for CV19. First visit clear. 2nd visit he had got CV19. Third test clear. He's since been in hospital after all his surgery and Crohns testing. Still tests positive for CV19. Has had absolutely no symptoms what-so-ever. Right as ninepence. I spoke with him on the phone yesterday. Still absolutely fine. Apparently he's the longest patient with a positive test but no symptoms (in that particular hospital). Make of that what you will. Unreliable test equipment? Unreliable use of the test equipment? Cleaning and control problems in the ward or the results lab? Cleaning and control problems with the staff?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I had it early April.

It was quite bad but I have only ever had flu twice in my life and both were much worse than covid "

you were lucky then. I was so bad I couldn't even go to the bathroom without help for a few days. I've never been so ill.

However I dont normally get ill due to an overactive immune system which apparently is an issue with covid 19.

I'm still showing anti bodies too. And helping with a research project looking at how long they stay. Bonus is I am getting weekly covid tests x

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

We've all had it, end of march. Recovered, stayed isolated most of April (and May and June and July but saved loads of money )

staffordshire

No it’s not?

Yes it is"

No it’s not!!

If you catch a bacterial infection as well fair and an antibiotic will treat that but it’s treating that not the covid

Pneumonia can be caused by bacteria, viruses and sometimes both

But covid is a virus - antibiotics don’t work for viruses (there are antivirals but clarithromycin is an antibiotic not an antiviral)

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Antibody test came back positive but far from the super spreader, no one in my immediate household caught it from me.

I suspected the test would come back poorly as I was incredibly ill with covid like symptoms as we went into Lockdown

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

My cousin had it, got ill maybe a week before lockdown. He is in his early 40s. A little overweight but not massively no other underlying health problems. Starting feeling ill then 4 days later felt very ill ended up in hospital then 5 weeks not conscious on a ventalator thankfully off the ventalator. But virus damaged his kidney lungs and heart. So another few weeks in hospital mainly for his kidneys. He is out hospital now but he probably won't be able to work again.

North West

No it’s not?

Yes it is

No it’s not!!

If you catch a bacterial infection as well fair and an antibiotic will treat that but it’s treating that not the covid

But covid is a virus - antibiotics don’t work for viruses (there are antivirals but clarithromycin is an antibiotic not an antiviral)"

Interestingly, the lady who lives next-door to us is a research nurse working on Covid treatment. She told us yesterday that certain antibiotics were proving to dampen down certain immune factors that might be involved in the excess inflammatory response that leads to the multi organ failure. I think antibiotics are being given "off label" due to their impact on various interleukins, interferon etc.

staffordshire

No it’s not?

Yes it is

No it’s not!!

But covid is a virus - antibiotics don’t work for viruses (there are antivirals but clarithromycin is an antibiotic not an antiviral)

Interestingly, the lady who lives next-door to us is a research nurse working on Covid treatment. She told us yesterday that certain antibiotics were proving to dampen down certain immune factors that might be involved in the excess inflammatory response that leads to the multi organ failure. I think antibiotics are being given "off label" due to their impact on various interleukins, interferon etc. "

That’s one antibiotic - called azithromycin- it is being studied in the recovery study which is the one that showed dexamethasone worked but hydroxychloroquine didn’t - it is still ongoing and hasn’t published either way yet

North West

No it’s not?

Yes it is

No it’s not!!

Interestingly, the lady who lives next-door to us is a research nurse working on Covid treatment. She told us yesterday that certain antibiotics were proving to dampen down certain immune factors that might be involved in the excess inflammatory response that leads to the multi organ failure. I think antibiotics are being given "off label" due to their impact on various interleukins, interferon etc.

That’s one antibiotic - called azithromycin- it is being studied in the recovery study which is the one that showed dexamethasone worked but hydroxychloroquine didn’t - it is still ongoing and hasn’t published either way yet "

That's the one she mentioned, yes. She's working on that trial. Makes sense immunolgically anyway, interesting to see what the outcomes are.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04398004

There are trials underway using "the anti-inflammatory aspects of clarithomycin"

"https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04398004

There are trials underway using "the anti-inflammatory aspects of clarithomycin" "

Clarithromycin

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

My uncle (through marriage) has lot his brother to CV.

Someone at work was diagnosed last week.

J x

Wakefield

There are trials underway using "the anti-inflammatory aspects of clarithomycin"

Clarithromycin "

Any time you are ready _uited staffs guy

The words you are looking for are:

Yes it is, I stand corrected

Clarithromycin

Any time you are ready _uited staffs guy

The words you are looking for are:

Yes it is, I stand corrected

"

To be fair, antibiotics are not prescribed for viruses. Even in this case they are being trialled for their anti-inflammatory properties. Which is what I was searching for.

When a medication is designed (and approved) for one issue (eg paracetamol is an anti-pyrexia - reduces fever), side-effects are noted and these drugs are then processed and approved for that issue (paracetamol is now known more as a pain reliever in the general public). They are also used as an adjuvant - ie the meds help increase the efficacy of another drug. In this case the macrolide antibiotic assists the steroid anti-inflammatory dexamethasone. This still maintains the fact that antibiotics do not treat viruses but used in the case of an ongoing inflammatory response which is detrimental to the patient, it's prescribed.

GP now thinks I did in Early Feb.

Was diagnosed as double pneumonia at the time. Knocked me sideways for a couple of weeks.

Had the dry cough, high temp 39.5°+, lost all taste (by that I dont mean I wore double denim or listened to U2). Never tested at the time or since but have been asked to do a plasma donation so just waiting on the date for that.

I don't know, I haven't been tested. I did have a miserable, persistent cough for about six to eight weeks through February and March that has left me with a quite irritated airway ever since. It feels a lot like my childhood asthma has come back.

Wakefield

I know a lot of people who were very ill in Jan/Feb with high temp and bad cough in my area of God’s own country. A close friend of mine was in hospital with a temp just shy of 40 degrees in January.

Moderate to severe chest infections were very common in my area, to a point where my GP was concerned (in line with pneumonia of unknown origin in Wuhan) and prescribed me with antibiotics (let’s not start the debate again ffs - we know...) which sorted me out second time around.

Without testing the population for antibodies, we’ll never know (possibly they don’t want us to know either) how many people had Covid before lockdown, or after who never got tested.

All the stats we are being given now are utter bollocks.

Eat out to help out, yet don’t mix, but get out there and spend your money, but don’t get too close, but kids are going back to school, but pubs may close.

FUBAR

Dad passed in April. No underlying health conditions.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I don’t know for sure but I’m fairly sure I had flu in February following two business trips to the US (4 long flights in quick succession)

Didn’t share it with family or friends but felt fairly rough for a week or 2. No major symptoms other than usual flu, fever, aches and pains. I was actually feeling really ill on the flight home so I suspect I may have shared it among fellow passengers. A few were wearing masks even back in feb but of course I wasn’t.

V x

I think that most of us have had with different symptoms ranging from mild to worse and that dictates how good the immune system is, so the better it is the milder the symptoms you get.

"I think that most of us have had with different symptoms ranging from mild to worse and that dictates how good the immune system is, so the better it is the milder the symptoms you get."

Estimates that only 5 million of us have had it from a population of 67 million.

"I think that most of us have had with different symptoms ranging from mild to worse and that dictates how good the immune system is, so the better it is the milder the symptoms you get.

Estimates that only 5 million of us have had it from a population of 67 million. "

Yes those numbers are only from those who are tested, the majority of the population doesnt report it if they just get a cough or something like that.

Yes was off for two weeks with a mild but positive condition. My youngest was also positive and hospitalised as a precaution due to a recent significant respiratory illness. His mum has also tested positive.

At work we have 18 members of my team test positive, 2 of which have been admitted to ICU and survived. 6 of them are yet to return to work due to health complications.

Within our trust we’ve had 1 fatality, our local ambulance service has also suffered another.

In terms of patients I’ve sadly seen 68 pass away during my shifts.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"Yes was off for two weeks with a mild but positive condition. My youngest was also positive and hospitalised as a precaution due to a recent significant respiratory illness. His mum has also tested positive.

At work we have 18 members of my team test positive, 2 of which have been admitted to ICU and survived. 6 of them are yet to return to work due to health complications.

Within our trust we’ve had 1 fatality, our local ambulance service has also suffered another.

In terms of patients I’ve sadly seen 68 pass away during my shifts. "

Oh my gosh. So sad.

V x

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Yes was off for two weeks with a mild but positive condition. My youngest was also positive and hospitalised as a precaution due to a recent significant respiratory illness. His mum has also tested positive.

In terms of patients I’ve sadly seen 68 pass away during my shifts. "

So sorry to read this but thank you for what you and your colleagues do for others x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"A gorgeous 34 yr male fabber started messaging me in March.. said he felt ill then msgd to say he going in ambulance with covid...said he wld let me know when out...hes not been on site for 3 months now..i fear he perished x "

Omg! That's awfull! And the not knowing! I have simlar thing with a man I talked to from here then on kik we spoke every day since start of lockdown ! But he had had a couple heart attacks mild not heard from him in 2 weeks I fear he had a major one shall never know x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My eldest daughter she thinks she had it start of lockdown was very poorly for 10 days says she never felt so Ill and was very scary shes fine now x

» Add a new message to this topic