FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > From today it is mandatory to wear a face mask everywhere.

From today it is mandatory to wear a face mask everywhere.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you think of the governments new guidance that from today it is mandatory to wear one everywhere? I think it is good and it will as well be policed, they should of done this alot earlier. I am already wearing one, are you?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I dont think it's quite everywhere. Outdoor spaces and stuff you are okay x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

problem is there isnt any prove that they do anything, the best thing is social distancing, i wear on in shops etc, but dont see the need outside, i just keep atleast 2 meters away from people

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Its ridiculous, I'd rather keep my distance from people.

By *ove2lickJemCouple  over a year ago

LIVERPOOL

"Its ridiculous, I'd rather keep my distance from people."

Same! Before, during, and after covid xx

Some people still aren't

I get some people can't but then they should get a sunflower layard saying "I'm exempt from wearing a mask"

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!

"I dont think it's quite everywhere. Outdoor spaces and stuff you are okay x"
Yes. I am not sure if they meant outdoors as well?

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Real crime is not wearing a mask... Do the police not have other more important crimes to tackle?

"Some people still aren't

I get some people can't but then they should get a sunflower layard saying "I'm exempt from wearing a mask"

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!"

Yes, it will be a tricky one for the shop keepers, as anyone can have covid without knowing.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I dont think it's quite everywhere. Outdoor spaces and stuff you are okay xYes. I am not sure if they meant outdoors as well?"
love

Don't think it's outside,it's indoor, cinemas, museums, libraries,social type clubs.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!"

Really? So anyone with a disability has to wear a big neon sign?

That'll help anyone with anxiety, not,

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Totally pointless of course as the UK Governments own review on mask wearing, before introducing legislation, says that the evidence that they are beneficial is weak.

The document "Face coverings in the community and COVID-19: a rapid review. 26th June 2020" was published by Public Health England.

Of course, if masks are effective in capturing (supposedly lethal) viruses, as claimed, where are all the biohazard disposal points as used masks seem to be quite happily filling up waste bins, dust bins, public transport seats, city centres, rivers and beaches.

Masks are not about the science but conditioning so that people happily have a vaccine when/if it comes along.

Wake up folks.

chelmsford

No they shouldn't, we have to accept some people can't wear them and are exempt.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"What do you think of the governments new guidance that from today it is mandatory to wear one everywhere? I think it is good and it will as well be policed, they should of done this alot earlier. I am already wearing one, are you? "

I wear one in shops. It’s a bit late introducing this, totally pointless, the masks last only 15 minutes so a one hour shop we do 4 mask changes but we don’t so it’s pointless.

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!

No they shouldn't, we have to accept some people can't wear them and are exempt."

Some people don't though. The abuse I've seen has been unreal here are some examples.

Someone removing there mask and couging in someone's face and saying "that will teach you for not wearing a mask"

"It's because of people like you not wearing a mask my mum died"

"Your more likely to die, so you should wear one"

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

"Totally pointless of course as the UK Governments own review on mask wearing, before introducing legislation, says that the evidence that they are beneficial is weak.

The document "Face coverings in the community and COVID-19: a rapid review. 26th June 2020" was published by Public Health England.

Of course, if masks are effective in capturing (supposedly lethal) viruses, as claimed, where are all the biohazard disposal points as used masks seem to be quite happily filling up waste bins, dust bins, public transport seats, city centres, rivers and beaches.

Masks are not about the science but conditioning so that people happily have a vaccine when/if it comes along.

Wake up folks."

This... And a pity I'm not in your area grrrr

Really? So anyone with a disability has to wear a big neon sign?

That'll help anyone with anxiety, not, "

I agree but I don't think being shouted at and called names helps either.

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!Yes, it will be a tricky one for the shop keepers, as anyone can have covid without knowing."

It's not the staff who are abusive or that have a problem it's the other customers.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Some places give them out.

"Totally pointless of course as the UK Governments own review on mask wearing, before introducing legislation, says that the evidence that they are beneficial is weak.

Wake up folks."

No they aren't about conditioning anyone to have "big pharma's" nasty old vaccine. They are quiet frankly a tiny thing that we can all do to try to stop the spread of the virus, which in turn might save someone's life, will help keep the R rate down so we have less local lockdowns spring on us and will help us have much more functional lives whilst a large number of people are working night and day to find a proper solution to this mess. You don't need a biohazard bin for every single mask or glove that someone might contaminate as it is no longer airborne at that point, just put it in the normal bin and resist the urge to go sticking your hands in them or trying to sniff the contents.

Wake up folks."

Yeah you’ve said. Over and over and over.

When going on half the folks I see wearing them aren't wearing them properly what's the point. Not covering you nose, no point; wearing it as a chin warmer, no point; wearing it post saturation, no point; loose fitting, little to no point etc etc Education is required more than legislation

Manchester (she/her)

My view is that if we get on with it, mask up, stay away from people etc, we'll increase the chances of kids getting decent in person education, our economy being less fucked, and decrease the death toll by driving rates down.

Suck it up, get it done.

"What do you think of the governments new guidance that from today it is mandatory to wear one everywhere? I think it is good and it will as well be policed, they should of done this alot earlier. I am already wearing one, are you? "

Not everywhere but it's probably best to assume any indoor consumer area.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I didn't know there were changes. It's a tiny sacrifice to make to potentially save some lives

Where people have purchased, not made them, they are also helping to rebuild our economy. Health first, economy follows

"What do you think of the governments new guidance that from today it is mandatory to wear one everywhere? I think it is good and it will as well be policed, they should of done this alot earlier. I am already wearing one, are you?

I wear one in shops. It’s a bit late introducing this, totally pointless, the masks last only 15 minutes so a one hour shop we do 4 mask changes but we don’t so it’s pointless. "

15 minutes? Do tell.

Manchester (she/her)

"What do you think of the governments new guidance that from today it is mandatory to wear one everywhere? I think it is good and it will as well be policed, they should of done this alot earlier. I am already wearing one, are you?

I wear one in shops. It’s a bit late introducing this, totally pointless, the masks last only 15 minutes so a one hour shop we do 4 mask changes but we don’t so it’s pointless.

15 minutes? Do tell. "

I thought this was odd too

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Not correct. Many shops give them away.

M and S have stock and are happy to give them to anyone who asks.

E

Wake up folks."

Ah the crack pipe is back out... do you actually understand the role face masks play?

It's a recipe for the OCD amongst us to hold sway over the common sense majority. I cannot believe this load of bollocks is being inflicted on us.

I wear one in shops. It’s a bit late introducing this, totally pointless, the masks last only 15 minutes so a one hour shop we do 4 mask changes but we don’t so it’s pointless. "

As someone who spends more of my life in a mask than not currently (I am obvs conditioning myself to being vaccinated, oh hang on actually I’ve already had the trial vaccine so that fact must be true) I can assure you there is no mask lifespan... I regularly spend 4,5,6 hours in the same mask in very close proximity to the highest viral load patients in the country. If I can do that safely In an ICU ward I’d suggest you’ll be ok in the M&S deli isle for an hour or so x

"It's a recipe for the OCD amongst us to hold sway over the common sense majority. I cannot believe this load of bollocks is being inflicted on us. "

Yes... inflicted on you, your level of suffering is really high compared to those we are doing it for isn't it?

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"It's a recipe for the OCD amongst us to hold sway over the common sense majority. I cannot believe this load of bollocks is being inflicted on us. "

What load of bollocks is that? Keeping people safe!?

"It's a recipe for the OCD amongst us to hold sway over the common sense majority. I cannot believe this load of bollocks is being inflicted on us.

What load of bollocks is that? Keeping people safe!? "

#sociallydistancedhighfive

Manchester (she/her)

Obsessive compulsive disorder applies when it's irrational. Hope this helps.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Policed, that’s the biggest laugh I’ve had all week

Not correct. Many shops give them away.

M and S have stock and are happy to give them to anyone who asks.

E"

I'm well aware many shops are giving them away, but people are still choosing not to wear them was my point.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"My view is that if we get on with it, mask up, stay away from people etc, we'll increase the chances of kids getting decent in person education, our economy being less fucked, and decrease the death toll by driving rates down.

Suck it up, get it done."

This!

"It's a recipe for the OCD amongst us to hold sway over the common sense majority. I cannot believe this load of bollocks is being inflicted on us.

What load of bollocks is that? Keeping people safe!? "

It's bollocks though if thousands upon thousands of people go and sit on a beach without one or protest BLM or pull statues down and go and do a rave in Manchester or go and have a few drinks with their mates in a pub in Stone. It's total bollocks We are human beings and not designed for this load of bollocks. I cannot believe we are being asked to do it. It's bollocks.

Manchester (she/her)

It's bollocks though if thousands upon thousands of people go and sit on a beach without one or protest BLM or pull statues down and go and do a rave in Manchester or go and have a few drinks with their mates in a pub in Stone. It's total bollocks We are human beings and not designed for this load of bollocks. I cannot believe we are being asked to do it. It's bollocks."

Viruses take advantage of our behaviour and "this bollocks" is designed to stop it.

It's bollocks though if thousands upon thousands of people go and sit on a beach without one or protest BLM or pull statues down and go and do a rave in Manchester or go and have a few drinks with their mates in a pub in Stone. It's total bollocks We are human beings and not designed for this load of bollocks. I cannot believe we are being asked to do it. It's bollocks."

So because some people aren't doing it, anything suggested to try to save peoples lives is bollocks??? If you actually feel that being asked to wear a mask for a while to try to protect others is some kind of terrible injustice then you have never actually experienced a true imposition in your life.

Manchester (she/her)

It's bollocks though if thousands upon thousands of people go and sit on a beach without one or protest BLM or pull statues down and go and do a rave in Manchester or go and have a few drinks with their mates in a pub in Stone. It's total bollocks We are human beings and not designed for this load of bollocks. I cannot believe we are being asked to do it. It's bollocks.

So because some people aren't doing it, anything suggested to try to save peoples lives is bollocks??? If you actually feel that being asked to wear a mask for a while to try to protect others is some kind of terrible injustice then you have never actually experienced a true imposition in your life. "

Agreed.

I'd suggest people dying or suffering long term disability because "I donwanna wear a mask" or "but mummy those other kids aren't following the rules" is an actual imposition.

We are being asked to wear masks indoors, those events you mentioned were outdoors.

The virus is easier to transfer indoors.

Manchester (she/her)

We are being asked to wear masks indoors, those events you mentioned were outdoors.

The virus is easier to transfer indoors."

One study I heard about suggested 93% of transmission is indoors

The South

Wake up folks."

Here, you can have this tinfoil hat.....

It is true that individual virus particles can pass through the pores of a mask; however, viruses don’t move on their own. They do not fly across the room like a mosquito, wiggle through your mask like a worm, or fly up your nose like a gnat.

The virus is essentially nothing more than a tiny blob of genetic material. Covid-19 travels in a Carrier. That carrier is a fluid droplet, fluid droplets that you expel when you cough, sneeze, sing, laugh, talk or simply exhale.

Most of your fluid droplets will be stopped from entering the air in the room if you are wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is a very efficient way to protect others if you are carrying the virus (even if you don’t know that you are infected). In addition, if someone else’s fluid droplets happen to land on your mask, many of them will not pass through. This gives the wearer some additional protection, too.

But, the main reason to wear a mask is to protect others. Even if you don’t care about yourself, wear your mask to protect your neighbours, co-workers and friends!

A mask is certainly not 100% protective. However, it appears that the severity of Covid-19 infection is at least partially “dose-dependent.”

In other words, the more virus particles that enter your body, the sicker you are likely to become. Why not decrease that volume if you can? “What have you got to lose?!”

E.

State Registered Nurse.

Retired.

The South

What were not designed for is Covid 19.

E

Been in a good few shops seen plenty of perfectly healthy people not wearing masks and no one has asked them why they aren't. The longer this goes on mask wearing will fade out the same way the social distancing rules are no longer being observed by more and more people. People won't don't things that out them out for long. Just the same if the government asks for another lockdown there will be lots who ignore it. Especially if it hits again around Xmas time no way will people stay away from family that time of year.

"It's bollocks though if thousands upon thousands of people go and sit on a beach without one or protest BLM or pull statues down and go and do a rave in Manchester or go and have a few drinks with their mates in a pub in Stone. It's total bollocks We are human beings and not designed for this load of bollocks. I cannot believe we are being asked to do it. It's bollocks."

Actually some of these incidents did have a knock on, we had secondary infections hospitalised from the BLM march in Manchester for instance.

As others have said, outdoors is a risk but a fairly low one. Come winter and the reality will be very different.

As for “we are humans and not designed for this bollox”, last time I checked the human history is littered with incidents of amazing endurance, courage and bravery... are you sure you didn’t just mean “I can’t be arsed doing my bit”? X

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

This is all well and good (though in my opinion it’s doubtful)

But how many are using the same mask for every trip to various shops? If it only lasts for one use, several should be used each trip.

I don’t, and I’m sure most people don’t.

Having said that, whatever the ‘experts’ say, I’m sure a used covering is better than nothing.

I’m not asking for an ‘expert’ to correct me, either. Just saying.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Wake up folks."

Yup agree!! But if u voice this opinion u get slated I find! So many sheeple! X

By *ood at oralMan  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

It's to much like shutting the door after the horse has bolted wearing masks should have been at the start of this whole thing

Yeah. Interesting. Anyone would think there was loads of masks kicking around from something... pretty expensive too. Glad they decided they were a benefit in the end though

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I can't see what the fuss is. In Europe they are doing so without whinging

Manchester (she/her)

"Been in a good few shops seen plenty of perfectly healthy people not wearing masks and no one has asked them why they aren't. The longer this goes on mask wearing will fade out the same way the social distancing rules are no longer being observed by more and more people. People won't don't things that out them out for long. Just the same if the government asks for another lockdown there will be lots who ignore it. Especially if it hits again around Xmas time no way will people stay away from family that time of year. "

Then we'll all suffer from this for a lot longer. Particularly those of us doing the right thing.

"Been in a good few shops seen plenty of perfectly healthy people not wearing masks and no one has asked them why they aren't. The longer this goes on mask wearing will fade out the same way the social distancing rules are no longer being observed by more and more people. People won't don't things that out them out for long. Just the same if the government asks for another lockdown there will be lots who ignore it. Especially if it hits again around Xmas time no way will people stay away from family that time of year. "

Just because someone looks 'perfectly healthy' doesn't mean they actually are.

Hidden disabilities are a thing.

Although I chose to suck it up and wear a mask, I am technically exempt under the rules... but no one would think it from just glancing at me. I look healthy.

Just wanted to point that out.

The South

"It's to much like shutting the door after the horse has bolted wearing masks should have been at the start of this whole thing "

From the "very clever after the event" file.

E

Manchester (she/her)

"It's to much like shutting the door after the horse has bolted wearing masks should have been at the start of this whole thing

From the "very clever after the event" file.

E"

I keep hearing "it's like condoms at a baby shower".

Yeah. Sort of. It's like preventing all the other guests falling pregnant.

That's not what they mean, but...

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

I do believe it’s more about compliance, and conditioning. There’s an understandable benefit if someone coughs wearing a mask if they’ve got flu etc, but I’m not convinced we’re being told the whole truth.

chelmsford

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!Yes, it will be a tricky one for the shop keepers, as anyone can have covid without knowing.

It's not the staff who are abusive or that have a problem it's the other customers. "

Never seen or experienced that behaviour

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

If you read WHO advice there is no evidence to support wearing a face covering. So what is this about. The Westminster government uses face coverings as a means to show it is doing something even though it is not of any benefit . Protection is social distancing and washing hands.

Manchester (she/her)

"If you read WHO advice there is no evidence to support wearing a face covering. So what is this about. The Westminster government uses face coverings as a means to show it is doing something even though it is not of any benefit . Protection is social distancing and washing hands."

Is that the advice before or after June, when WHO advised public mask wearing?

chelmsford

"If you read WHO advice there is no evidence to support wearing a face covering. So what is this about. The Westminster government uses face coverings as a means to show it is doing something even though it is not of any benefit . Protection is social distancing and washing hands."

So none of us wear them,in your opinion?

To save them getting asked and abused by other customers. But they won't because they have to buy them!!!Yes, it will be a tricky one for the shop keepers, as anyone can have covid without knowing.

It's not the staff who are abusive or that have a problem it's the other customers. "

I see so you mean customers who are wearing them have a problem by those that dont in the shops?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"If someone ends a post with the words “ wake up “ there’s a good chance they’ve written a load of nonsense before it.

Sleep is good for you and enhances cognitive function"

“To die, to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come…”

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

A load of bollocks, is thinking common sense works.

Everyone knows common sense is overrated!

Wake up folks."

Your bang on the money there, not all are asleep!

Manchester (she/her)

"If someone ends a post with the words “ wake up “ there’s a good chance they’ve written a load of nonsense before it.

Sleep is good for you and enhances cognitive function

“To die, to sleep – to sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub, for in this sleep of death what dreams may come…”"

I'd rather not find out, or cause others to find out... so I wear a mask

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

No - never will

"No - never will"

That’s hardly news, is it?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

my daughter has one but then u end up javing to explain what it is all the time.i now getting to the stage im telling people to mind there buisness

Were did you hear this

chelmsford

Were did you hear this "

It's been all over the news. We have to wear them in cinemas, museums, libraries, social clubs etc

The South

"No - never will

That’s hardly news, is it?"

E

The South

Were did you hear this "

Terrestrial TV.

Sattelite TV.

National newspapers.

Local newspapers.

Social media.

The internet.

E

It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need "
. Oh dear

Mrs blue eyes

Cromer

It's amazing that there are people out there who have zero clue about science, viruses or epidemics yet feel that they know far more than people who have spent years and years studying the subjects.

Who knew you could learn far more on Facebook than university huh.

chelmsford

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need . Oh dear

Mrs blue eyes "

Indeed...

"I do believe it’s more about compliance, and conditioning. There’s an understandable benefit if someone coughs wearing a mask if they’ve got flu etc, but I’m not convinced we’re being told the whole truth. "

I'm happy to comply and avoid a fine. I'm happy to comply and reduce risk of transmission. It's not that big a thing.

Were did you hear this

Terrestrial TV.

Sattelite TV.

National newspapers.

Local newspapers.

Social media.

The internet.

E"

Yes, it is everywhere you cant miss that news.

"If you read WHO advice there is no evidence to support wearing a face covering"

You're wrong! There is limited evidence! Try actually reading what the WHO state than purporting misinformation!

I have posted a thread about what the organisation actually states.

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need "

Bless

Now try learning the truth, go see what the WHO recommend.

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need . Oh dear

Mrs blue eyes

Indeed... "

Never had a skid mark in my masks

chelmsford

Mrs blue eyes

Indeed...

Never had a skid mark in my masks "

Haha

It's unbelievable the amount of people who still don't know the mask/face covering is not about protecting the wearer (although there will be some protection but that relies on so many variables it's prudent not to declare it).

And then you get those people who assume it's airborne so they mention farts and other gaseous compounds.

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media?

I do not understand what it is that some people feel they are missing out on by wearing a mask? It seems a very small and insignificant thing to do, and if there is even the smallest possibility that it prevents you, or another person from contracting covid, why would you not do it?

"It's unbelievable the amount of people who still don't know the mask/face covering is not about protecting the wearer (although there will be some protection but that relies on so many variables it's prudent not to declare it).

And then you get those people who assume it's airborne so they mention farts and other gaseous compounds.

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media? "

I see it more as you are protecting yourself from it and those without are more exposed to covid.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's unbelievable the amount of people who still don't know the mask/face covering is not about protecting the wearer (although there will be some protection but that relies on so many variables it's prudent not to declare it).

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media? "

chelmsford

"I do not understand what it is that some people feel they are missing out on by wearing a mask? It seems a very small and insignificant thing to do, and if there is even the smallest possibility that it prevents you, or another person from contracting covid, why would you not do it? "

Fab experts

How about this? Should there be a no mask no entry sign on shops and other places too?

chelmsford

"How about this? Should there be a no mask no entry sign on shops and other places too?"

Tricky one. There will be those who will be exempt which means they will have to explain why they are exempt , they shouldn't have to discuss their medical conditions with strangers, in public.

"How about this? Should there be a no mask no entry sign on shops and other places too?

Tricky one. There will be those who will be exempt which means they will have to explain why they are exempt , they shouldn't have to discuss their medical conditions with strangers, in public.

"

You are right there as those who are exempt are not exempt from getting covid either so yes a catch 22 there.

chelmsford

"How about this? Should there be a no mask no entry sign on shops and other places too?

You are right there as those who are exempt are not exempt from getting covid either so yes a catch 22 there."

I haven't seen anyone without a mask in a shop yet. Hubby is struggling with them, but if it gets bad, he just goes out of the shop and waits for me.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

When you have managed to get the horse back in the stable after he has bolted probably advisable to make sure the door is a little more secure

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need

Bless

Now try learning the truth, go see what the WHO recommend. "

Is this the same WHO that have on their own site that children between 0-4 years old be taught about their body parts and their functions and masterbation?

The WHO can shut the f... up.

Its no wonder certain people removed funding for them.

There new highest funder is bill gates and that idiot wants all 7.7 billion vaccinated.

I think it is 5-6 months too late.

The words wake up, are generally put by a person who has invested hours researching the actual facts, not just regurgitating the nonsense from WHO or the UK Gov.

Go onto the BMJ and The Lancet and research studies, findings by actual Doctors and scientists regarding face coverings, the ones that declare no competing interest!!! , then make your own decision

"When you have managed to get the horse back in the stable after he has bolted probably advisable to make sure the door is a little more secure"

The horse is more or less back in the stable...now is the time to fix the door.

Would have been better if the horse hadn't got out in the first place.

It's never too late to keep the bottom of the stable door locked eh...

The South

Allow me to explain......

It is true that individual virus particles can pass through the pores of a mask; however, viruses don’t move on their own. They do not fly across the room like a mosquito, wiggle through your mask like a worm, or fly up your nose like a gnat.

The virus is essentially nothing more than a tiny blob of genetic material. Covid-19 travels in a Carrier. That carrier is a fluid droplet, fluid droplets that you expel when you cough, sneeze, sing, laugh, talk or simply exhale.

Most of your fluid droplets will be stopped from entering the air in the room if you are wearing a mask. Wearing a mask is a very efficient way to protect others if you are carrying the virus (even if you don’t know that you are infected). In addition, if someone else’s fluid droplets happen to land on your mask, many of them will not pass through. This gives the wearer some additional protection, too.

But, the main reason to wear a mask is to protect others. Even if you don’t care about yourself, wear your mask to protect your neighbours, co-workers and friends!

A mask is certainly not 100% protective. However, it appears that the severity of Covid-19 infection is at least partially “dose-dependent.”

In other words, the more virus particles that enter your body, the sicker you are likely to become. Why not decrease that volume if you can? “What have you got to lose?!”

E.

SRN.

Ret.

The South

"It's amazing that there are people out there who have zero clue about science, viruses or epidemics yet feel that they know far more than people who have spent years and years studying the subjects.

Who knew you could learn far more on Facebook than university huh. "

Yup. I'm glad I've retired. Dealing with these idiots on the front line would frustrate me.

E

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media? I see it more as you are protecting yourself from it and those without are more exposed to covid."

You're wrong Shag. Other people wearing masks are protecting you.

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

Agreed.

"It’s stupid what’s a mask gonna achieve! If a fart can get past your underwear and a pair of pants And you can still smell it Then a mask is not gonna stop you from getting a virus which has long gone ! It’s the government’s way of them making money when we buy the masks !! It’s a joke I e never wore a mask from day one there’s no need

Bless

Now try learning the truth, go see what the WHO recommend.

Is this the same WHO that have on their own site that children between 0-4 years old be taught about their body parts and their functions and masterbation?

The WHO can shut the f... up.

Its no wonder certain people removed funding for them.

There new highest funder is bill gates and that idiot wants all 7.7 billion vaccinated.

"

I cannot comment on something I know nothing about.

However, I do know children don't need to be taught masturbation. They actually discover ALL parts of their body by touch and repeat if they like that touch/feeling.

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media? I see it more as you are protecting yourself from it and those without are more exposed to covid.

You're wrong Shag. Other people wearing masks are protecting you. "

Correct...but I know where he's coming from when you see a shop at 50 50.

You check the tightness of you mask.

Would love to see a 95% in the shop (allowing for disabilities ) but if these threads are anything to go by, we will never get there.

"The words wake up, are generally put by a person who has invested hours researching the actual facts, not just regurgitating the nonsense from WHO or the UK Gov.

Go onto the BMJ and The Lancet and research studies, findings by actual Doctors and scientists regarding face coverings, the ones that declare no competing interest!!! , then make your own decision "

Some may read the research (I keep upto date through the Lancet).

You are right there as those who are exempt are not exempt from getting covid either so yes a catch 22 there.

I haven't seen anyone without a mask in a shop yet. Hubby is struggling with them, but if it gets bad, he just goes out of the shop and waits for me. "

That is good he does, same here, everyone here is wearing a mask in the shops too

Allow me to explain......

E.

SRN.

Ret.

"

Totally this...

An understanding that infection begins when a body is exposed to a large enough quantity of ‘particles’ to overwhelm your defences is fairly fundamental. It’s not a

Reducing the quantity is key... ventilation, the outdoors and heaven forbid “wearing a mask” all have a beneficial impact on the flow of particles and therefore the risk to others.

This notion that the directives have an alternative motive are to be frank delusional.

"The words wake up, are generally put by a person who has invested hours researching the actual facts, not just regurgitating the nonsense from WHO or the UK Gov.

Go onto the BMJ and The Lancet and research studies, findings by actual Doctors and scientists regarding face coverings, the ones that declare no competing interest!!! , then make your own decision "

I’ve read pretty much every BMJ article surrounding masks over the last 6 months as it’s fundamental to my role.

Firstly from what I recall all the articles written have mainly had a focus on their use within a clinical setting. The overriding focus has been a need to improve there quality and promote a wider spread use of them. I remind you the first public spaces where mask wearing was compulsory is non clinical hospital areas.

Secondly, if you look at the resurgence of covid internationally it is very interesting to note that countries which have a culture of wearing masks in public pre covid they are all managing to avoid a rise in infections very successfully. It is also interesting to note their “lockdown easing” has gone well beyond our relaxation of measures.

Finally, I would disagree with your view on who uses the words “wake up”, my personal observations are they are generally deployed prior to the most ridiculous posts on these forums.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I work in a shop and don’t wear one

Customers do

If I go shopping I wear one

I like a girl to wear one during sex

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Unless you're about to put something in your mouth, wear a mask. Simples, what is difficult about it?

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Is it so bloody difficult to go to a reliable source and get the facts? Or are people swapping the university of life with the university of social media? I see it more as you are protecting yourself from it and those without are more exposed to covid."

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

The theory of face coverings is that it stops anyone with the virus coughing onto others or reduces the range of the cough. It offers no protection . The WHO research on face coverings has not found any evidence that face coverings are of benefit. The government's obsession with face coverings is to make it look like they are doing something when, in fact, they are doing nothing.

"problem is there isnt any prove that they do anything, the best thing is social distancing, i wear on in shops etc, but dont see the need outside, i just keep atleast 2 meters away from people"

There is proof that masks make a difference. Social distancing only reduces the risk, it doesn't remove it. Wearing a mask reduces it further but the government were concerned more that people would get a false sense of security from wearing a mask and would neglect hand washing and social distancing which are the most effective methods of preventing the spread of covid.

I agree with the Op, masks should have been compulsory in City centres and other areas of congestion as soon as they began to lift lockdown.

"The theory of face coverings is that it stops anyone with the virus coughing onto others or reduces the range of the cough. It offers no protection . The WHO research on face coverings has not found any evidence that face coverings are of benefit. The government's obsession with face coverings is to make it look like they are doing something when, in fact, they are doing nothing."

Oh blow me down...

It actually states) limited evidence!

It actively recommends govts recommend face coverings in areas where social distancing guidelines cannot be met!

Cromer

"The theory of face coverings is that it stops anyone with the virus coughing onto others or reduces the range of the cough. It offers no protection . The WHO research on face coverings has not found any evidence that face coverings are of benefit. The government's obsession with face coverings is to make it look like they are doing something when, in fact, they are doing nothing."

Do you actually read up to date information?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

The face coverings/masks are getting there, I expect by the time flu season starts it will be compulsory for all anywhere indoors apart from exempt individuals, especially once the poor weather comes in and lots of people congregate indoors and start coughing and spluttering in their face coverings

Really?! Let's get hypothetical. Covid carrier that is asymptomatic goes shopping, breathing on and spraying particles of saliva on various surfaces ready for somebody to unwittingly touch. Without thinking person scratches their face, eats a sandwich - whatever. That person potentially now has covid!

Had the carrier been wearing a mask the surface wouldn't have been contaminated.

As much as I try and wash my hands often there's a limit to how often you can.

No face coverings may not prevent you from inhaling or contracting the virus but it will certainly help to stop surfaces becoming contaminated by those infected!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

No they shouldn't, we have to accept some people can't wear them and are exempt.

Some people don't though. The abuse I've seen has been unreal here are some examples.

Someone removing there mask and couging in someone's face and saying "that will teach you for not wearing a mask"

"It's because of people like you not wearing a mask my mum died"

"Your more likely to die, so you should wear one" "

You do realise this is not true

Manchester (she/her)

"The theory of face coverings is that it stops anyone with the virus coughing onto others or reduces the range of the cough. It offers no protection . The WHO research on face coverings has not found any evidence that face coverings are of benefit. The government's obsession with face coverings is to make it look like they are doing something when, in fact, they are doing nothing.

Do you actually read up to date information?"

Not if it doesn't suit their narrative.

I was against mask use at first.

Then. Shock. The understanding/ evidence/ supply chain changed

By *amesoflondonMan  over a year ago

London

Wake up folks."

West Wales own status update on Friday is (and I copy paste): ... "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.".

on this we agree

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Think the message given of you are to wear a face mask should have been clearer or supplied with instructions as I’ve seen so many people with them on their chin and not covering their nose and mouth

How about a gold star?

I've heard that was used once...

By *ourayloversCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

The benifit of wearing the "medical" mask is minimal.

It's a complete different case for a correct face fitted mask then yes it would be a benifit but who's going to fund the £65 to have everyone face fitted !!!

Washing your hands and social distancing is far more effective

Like most rules it's there because the many have to suffer for the few (idiots)

"The benifit of wearing the "medical" mask is minimal.

It's a complete different case for a correct face fitted mask then yes it would be a benifit but who's going to fund the £65 to have everyone face fitted !!!

"

No one is ffs.

Just a bog standard one will do if everyone wore one...

Manchester (she/her)

"The benifit of wearing the "medical" mask is minimal.

No one is ffs.

Just a bog standard one will do if everyone wore one..."

If everyone reduces the spread of droplets, then risk will be reduced. Because it takes a certain level of exposure with viral particles, and I've seen suggestions that severity of disease correlates with the amount of exposure. So if no protection means an exposure of X, some protection might mean an exposure of a quarter X (numbers invented).

Or... If we can't guarantee all virus will be trapped and make everything absolutely perfect then any intervention is useless. It's much better to do nothing than something.

Let er rip. Checkmate sheeple

By *arren the doggerMan  over a year ago

willenhall

Question........how does a women give a blowie whilst wearing a mask? ....just asking for a mate!

Manchester (she/her)

"Question........how does a women give a blowie whilst wearing a mask? ....just asking for a mate!"

She doesn't.

Social distancing

Wake up folks."

Here here.

Well said.

"The benifit of wearing the "medical" mask is minimal."

Team Sky and British Cycling taught us all a really valuable lesson over the past decade; small changes or marginal gains when combined make for a devastating overall impact.

Yes face masks make a small difference, as does hand washing, as does keeping distance, as does limiting our social circle, as does cleaning workspaces etc... it’s easy to pick out one item and highlight it’s relatively low impact and argue it’s pointless.

The reality is as a nation our success managing the impact of this virus will come down to all those combined small acts across the population. To keep with the analogy if you choose to disregard any of those small acts then quite literally you are letting the team (the rest of us) down.

It’s not a hard concept... we are currently ‘in the balance’, every little effort helps

"Question........how does a women give a blowie whilst wearing a mask? ....just asking for a mate!"

How does a woman give a bj to someone not in her bubble 2m away without a mask - I reckon she'd just have to lick her lips and you'd come.

Best thing I have seen so far is a lad coming out of a shop handing his mask to anougher lad so he could go in the shop.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Were did you hear this "

It's all there on the government website,. The wearing of masks is mandatory in all indoor places and venues apart from pubs and restaurants.i find this rather odd

So gyms ?

durham

These hair salons and nail bars need, to take notice. These visors they are currently using are next to useless. They are, only meant to protect the eyes so what is the point of these,

Manchester (she/her)

"So gyms ?"

Are open. Distancing applies as I understand it, but I've suspended my membership

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Were did you hear this It's all there on the government website,. The wearing of masks is mandatory in all indoor places and venues apart from pubs and restaurants.i find this rather odd"

How is that in any way odd?

Making people wear face masks and waching them try eat and drink would be far odder, albeit hugely entertaining...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"So gyms ?"

You don't have to wear masks in gyms if exercising. The WHO has specifically recommended against wearing masks for anything more than gentle exercise. Moderate to strenuous exercise with a mask can replicate altitude training at 1500m, which if not properly conditioned for, could be dangerous. Anyone spectating or not exercising should wear a mask, though most indoor sports venues are not allowing spectators.

North West

"So gyms ?

Are open. Distancing applies as I understand it, but I've suspended my membership"

Yes, distancing and enhanced cleaning. JD Gyms has equipment well spaced and members are asked to clean down the equipment after use with disinfectant provided. Hand gel is at many points within the gym.

"So gyms ?

Are open. Distancing applies as I understand it, but I've suspended my membership

Yes, distancing and enhanced cleaning. JD Gyms has equipment well spaced and members are asked to clean down the equipment after use with disinfectant provided. Hand gel is at many points within the gym. "

Yes I use a gym 6 days per week.

When I said so gym?.

I meant masks.

My gym has all the things you mentioned.

North West

"So gyms ?

Yes, distancing and enhanced cleaning. JD Gyms has equipment well spaced and members are asked to clean down the equipment after use with disinfectant provided. Hand gel is at many points within the gym.

When I said so gym?.

I meant masks.

My gym has all the things you mentioned."

See my earlier reply just above re: masks and gyms

"So gyms ?

When I said so gym?.

I meant masks.

My gym has all the things you mentioned."

Sorry I never saw the above message

durham

"

Were did you hear this It's all there on the government website,. The wearing of masks is mandatory in all indoor places and venues apart from pubs and restaurants.i find this rather odd

Making people wear face masks and waching them try eat and drink would be far odder, albeit hugely entertaining...

"

eating and drinking yes, that's bloody obvious. But there, is, still the social aspect in these places

Most recent outbreaks are stemming from pubs, too many people in one place. We, either have, to wear bloody masks or we don't. These half measures are pathetic

North West

"So gyms ?

When I said so gym?.

I meant masks.

My gym has all the things you mentioned.

Sorry I never saw the above message"

Absolutely no need to apologise, my friend

By *weety321Woman  over a year ago

nottingham

I don’t have to wear one but choose to as cba with having to explain myself, the looks and questions can get too much for people. It shouldn’t be so them exempt are singled out, for this I make my children also wear 1 as don’t want them having a meltdown if questioned why they aren’t. 1 doesn’t like talking to people anyway as have special needs. People are cruel

Sorry the big problem is the shop staff saying they don’t need one

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Were did you hear this It's all there on the government website,. The wearing of masks is mandatory in all indoor places and venues apart from pubs and restaurants.i find this rather odd

eating and drinking yes, that's bloody obvious. But there, is, still the social aspect in these places

Most recent outbreaks are stemming from pubs, too many people in one place. We, either have, to wear bloody masks or we don't. These half measures are pathetic "

Close the pubs then?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Fake News hits the forums.

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

I saw 3 people in my local B&M today, not wearing masks, with a small boy behind them clearly all together and not making sure he was ok. You can get 10 disposable masks in Tescos for £5, no excuse for not wearing one at that price, unless you are exempt

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Can't wait till this is all over we're going to have so many Face mask left over we ain't going to know what to do with them.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Most recent outbreaks are stemming from pubs, too many people in one place. We, either have, to wear bloody masks or we don't. These half measures are pathetic

Close the pubs then?"

sounds sensible to me.

"I saw 3 people in my local B&M today, not wearing masks, with a small boy behind them clearly all together and not making sure he was ok. You can get 10 disposable masks in Tescos for £5, no excuse for not wearing one at that price, unless you are exempt "

B&M 3 disposable for a £1.

Not enforceable.

I think the government are trying to get rid of this before winter. Begs the question would I now be at a _estival if they'd have done this from the start.

You might think I'm selfish but 5 months without a way to entertain myself (with other people in real life) is killing me.

Manchester (she/her)

Not enforceable.

I think the government are trying to get rid of this before winter. Begs the question would I now be at a _estival if they'd have done this from the start.

You might think I'm selfish but 5 months without a way to entertain myself (with other people in real life) is killing me. "

Yeah. I want my life back without the risk of people getting sick or dying as a result of me behaving normally.

"Real crime is not wearing a mask... Do the police not have other more important crimes to tackle? "

Police couldn't enforce crime before Covid. They don't magically have unlimited resources.

Not enforceable.

You might think I'm selfish but 5 months without a way to entertain myself (with other people in real life) is killing me.

Yeah. I want my life back without the risk of people getting sick or dying as a result of me behaving normally."

As do I. That may have been possible if we would have done this from the start.

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

Yeah. I want my life back without the risk of people getting sick or dying as a result of me behaving normally.

As do I. That may have been possible if we would have done this from the start. "

But we didn't....

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the eBay drifters to start selling knock-off lanyards to the dickheads who just don't want to wear a mask because "something something Bill Gates something microchips". There's always the arseholes ruining things for the few with the genuine problems.

Not enforceable.

But we didn't...."

Exactly

I was shouting on these threads back in march for masks to be worn...but I'm not saying it's too late now.

Just wear the feckers if you can and stop acting like rebellious teenagers ffs.

Not enforceable.

But we didn't...."

Does not mean I can't feel bitter about it. Or the fact that we handed our test and trace system to a company with zero experience in it.

When will we hold to account the corruption happening under our noses.

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

Exactly

I was shouting on these threads back in march for masks to be worn...but I'm not saying it's too late now.

Just wear the feckers if you can and stop acting like rebellious teenagers ffs."

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

Does not mean I can't feel bitter about it. Or the fact that we handed our test and trace system to a company with zero experience in it.

When will we hold to account the corruption happening under our noses. "

I didn't say you can't feel bitter about it, you won't be the only one.

"Just wear the feckers if you can and stop acting like rebellious teenagers ffs."

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

I didn't say you can't feel bitter about it, you won't be the only one."

It's more the fact that everyone else just seems to have accepted it. The virus may have robbed us of months of our lives. Tory incompetence and corruption could cost us over a year (perhaps years when you factor in economic impact.)

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

It's more the fact that everyone else just seems to have accepted it. The virus may have robbed us of months of our lives. Tory incompetence and corruption could cost us over a year (perhaps years when you factor in economic impact.) "

We have all been affected by the virus in some way, we can't change the past.So what can we do now?

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

It's more the fact that everyone else just seems to have accepted it. The virus may have robbed us of months of our lives. Tory incompetence and corruption could cost us over a year (perhaps years when you factor in economic impact.) "

Just dont spite your face

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

It's more the fact that everyone else just seems to have accepted it. The virus may have robbed us of months of our lives. Tory incompetence and corruption could cost us over a year (perhaps years when you factor in economic impact.)

Just dont spite your face "

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

It doesn't and will never mean we cannot be furious as to how this has been handled. A global pandemic should never have been turned into a political issue.

"Totally pointless of course as the UK Governments own review on mask wearing, before introducing legislation, says that the evidence that they are beneficial is weak. "

Well, sort of. The evidence suggests they're only partially effective at preventing you getting infected if you wear one. You can still pick it up from surfaces or from aerosolised breath droplets getting in your eyes. Hand-washing and social distancing are still well worth observing.

However, they are quite effective at preventing aerosolised droplets from getting *out* of your face and infecting others. A lot of people don't see the value in that as it doesn't benefit them directly.

Thinv is, if everyone wears one, then we all get both the major benefit of the virus not spreading out of infected people so readily *and* the minor increase in protection against incoming droplets. Pretty straightforward stuff, I'd have thought.

"Of course, if masks are effective in capturing (supposedly lethal) viruses, as claimed, where are all the biohazard disposal points as used masks seem to be quite happily filling up waste bins, dust bins, public transport seats, city centres, rivers and beaches."

For the disposable masks, the official recommendation is to, y'know, *not* just fling them on the beach when you're done with them. The virus can only live outside the body for around 72 hours. If it's properly bagged and binned, it's safe enough. Bin men encounter far worse day to day and routinely wear appropriate protection.

"Masks are not about the science but conditioning so that people happily have a vaccine when/if it comes along."

a) No theyre not. That's utterly ludicrous. Masks are no more a tool of psychological control than telling you to wear a seatbelt is.

b) Damn straight I want a vaccine. This whole situation is miserable and people are dying in their thousands. A vaccine would be brilliant. It'll be a while off yet, and I expect the medieval anti-vax fuckwits will be up in arms about Them putting demons in your blood, or something.

"Wake up folks."

Surely that's "WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!"

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

We have all been affected by the virus in some way, we can't change the past.So what can we do now?"

Hold these poor decisions to account. Stop voting in populist politicians. Insist our leaders follow the best practices of other nations.

What we must not do is say. "Well I'm powerless so I'll just do whatever they tell me"

People are becoming increasingly black and white over situations.

We live in a world of grey.

[Removed by poster at 09/08/20 18:49:29]

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

It doesn't and will never mean we cannot be furious as to how this has been handled. A global pandemic should never have been turned into a political issue. "

I hear you

By *manda63Woman  over a year ago

Southampton

"I saw 3 people in my local B&M today, not wearing masks, with a small boy behind them clearly all together and not making sure he was ok. You can get 10 disposable masks in Tescos for £5, no excuse for not wearing one at that price, unless you are exempt

B&M 3 disposable for a £1."

I saw those too

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

It doesn't and will never mean we cannot be furious as to how this has been handled. A global pandemic should never have been turned into a political issue.

I hear you "

I hear him too and I'm doing all those things, but many aren't, which isn't helping.

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

I hear you

I hear him too and I'm doing all those things, but many aren't, which isn't helping."

One today in the queue to get into aldi had his nose stuck out of his blue mask.

I thought he would pull it over when inside...did he hell.

Mind you it was a fecking big nose though

chelmsford

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

I hear you

I hear him too and I'm doing all those things, but many aren't, which isn't helping.

One today in the queue to get into aldi had his nose stuck out of his blue mask.

I thought he would pull it over when inside...did he hell.

Mind you it was a fecking big nose though "

Haha

North West

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the eBay drifters to start selling knock-off lanyards to the dickheads who just don't want to wear a mask because "something something Bill Gates something microchips". There's always the arseholes ruining things for the few with the genuine problems."

And this is how people with disabilities end up being marginalised and discriminated against. I have a Blue Badge. I had to go through a length process to get it. If I am not getting out of the car, eg dropping someone off, waiting for someone, then I do not park in a disabled bay. But Blue Badge misbehaviour by some now means that I often get weird looks and comments as I exit my vehicle (because I'm too young to need one?). They usually STFU when they see my stick or as I'm getting the chair out, if they hang around that long. It'll now be the same for sunf lanyards - default assumption that someone is pulling the wool, because that's what a lot of wankers believe about Blue Badges too. Fucks me right off

Not enforceable.

But we didn't....

No I still wear a mask

I still social distance

I still wash my hands

I hear you

I hear him too and I'm doing all those things, but many aren't, which isn't helping."

But what you aren't doing (by the sounds of it) is being angry at the ineptitude of our government. Instead you're vitriol is reserved for Rob on the corner who is understandably confused by mixed messaging. Did you know in the official sage advice over social distancing it states they may come across resistance from areas of the public. If this happens we would recommend you encourage compliance. Just be aware of vilification.

The people who are saying this has all been a practice of social control are incorrect. It does not mean that somewhere along the way a element of that has not crept in.

The majority of the UK has become so polarised its almost as though we have picked sides. I just wish people could see that there are elements of truth in most things and it's up to us as humans to seperate the nonsense from the useful information.

I'll say once again. Not black and white. Grey.

I have done a new thread we can continue on