FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > We are all ok n this together

We are all ok n this together

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rhuges OP   Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

What a load of rubbish you have thousands loosing their jobs , reduced hours and Furlough, yet public sector workers such as teachers have been doing sod all for the last 3 months ( most but not all)and

are getting a 3 percent pay rise.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

So much wrong in this it's difficult to know where to start..

Will just say stop being taken in by the old divide and rule..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So much wrong in this it's difficult to know where to start..

Will just say stop being taken in by the old divide and rule.."

Agreed, +1 for the WTAF are you actually on about OP?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"What a load of rubbish you have thousands loosing their jobs , reduced hours and Furlough, yet public sector workers such as teachers have been doing sod all for the last 3 months ( most but not all)and

"

Most public sectors have worked all the way through.

A whole 3%?

Hope they dont spend it all on 1 go.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

I'm trying so hard not to bite!!!

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

"I'm trying so hard not to bite!!!"

Ditto

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Were they not due a pay rise any way ?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Teachers got their rise before the pandemic, it comes out of their school budget though

I have no idea why people have complained about teachers and furloughed workers during all this, they didn't have a choice, they were told one day don't come into work or work from home.

Schools were open by the way, be it not all teachers in at any one time, but I am sure they did work from home with classes / work for kids / phoning kids to make sure they were OK/ delivering lunches to vulnerable children/ free school meal children etc etc

"I'm trying so hard not to bite!!!"

Me too...

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"What a load of rubbish you have thousands loosing their jobs , reduced hours and Furlough, yet public sector workers such as teachers have been doing sod all for the last 3 months ( most but not all)and

"

Some private schools have been doing lessons via teams,zoom, etc.

So not all teachers have been taking it easy.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Nahhhhhhh.....I'll bite.

Public sector pay rises recently awarded were given (I think) because they were due for renegotiation after their time period expired (or something along those lines). This is why nurses DIDN'T get a pay increase because their term ends next year (think they negotiated their last one in 2018).

As for being on furlough or "doing sod all" ( )...

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I'm trying so hard not to bite!!!

Me too..."

Me three

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Nah sod that ... I’m a teacher

I get paid for 17 hours a week since March I’ve been working nearer 50. Haven’t been furloughed been in school teaching the whole way through while also providing online learning for those that aren’t in work. Also hand holding many many parents throughout. My children have had to go into school when thei friends weren’t and they haven’t been able to see their dad for months.

Pay rise .... the rise will only affect newly and recently qualified teachers as no one wants to be a teacher anymore (wonder why maybe the bashing that people like you give us) so to attract people into the profession the starting salary goes up but if you have more than 6 years experience no pay rise: also it has to be funded by the school which basically means it won’t happen as they can’t afford it: or they will make experienced teachers redundant and recruit new ones to save a few grand. Soooo if you think it’s so easy please re train be a teacher all we do is sit on our arses.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Failed statements op.

Teachers deserve what they have. Please change career, if you'd even be considered for a teaching role, if you are so drawn to that.

Otherwise, balance things with some gratitude and consideration for what these and other dedicated people have been doing for the country

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Nahhhhhhh.....I'll bite.

Public sector pay rises recently awarded were given (I think) because they were due for renegotiation after their time period expired (or something along those lines). This is why nurses DIDN'T get a pay increase because their term ends next year (think they negotiated their last one in 2018).

As for being on furlough or "doing sod all" ( )..."

He also fails to mention the previous 6 year pay freeze.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

My deputy headmistress girlfriend has worked very hard throughout the whole thing. She’s now working on planning for the new term. Happy to say she’s had many lovely comments and thanks from worried parents. So I would say “all in it together”.

However - Traffic wardens, WTF? They continue to spread their misery- should be furloughed or deployed elsewhere.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Some private schools have been doing lessons via teams,zoom, etc.

So not all teachers have been taking it easy."

No just private schools. I work in a state high school and lessons were done via teams. Vulnerable and key workers children were in school all the time - including the Easter Holidays and the May half term holiday. Maybe staff weren’t physically in the school building all the time but there was so much being done other that what the media portray!

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"My deputy headmistress girlfriend has worked very hard throughout the whole thing. She’s now working on planning for the new term. Happy to say she’s had many lovely comments and thanks from worried parents. So I would say “all in it together”.

However - Traffic wardens, WTF? They continue to spread their misery- should be furloughed or deployed elsewhere."

Not a conspiracy theorist but 5g masts have been popping up all over the U.K., they never even stopped yet we were all told only go to work if you have to & it’s absolutely necessary. Since when has the jump from 4 to 5g been so necessary? If no one puts up masts, 5g in the U.K. gets delayed, so what?

All about flogging more shite we don’t actually need atm to those that already have when large areas of the UK can’t even get a phone signal.

S

In other news... I fear the OP may have frozen his veri count for sometime to come.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I fail to see the link between 5G masts and a payrise for some teachers.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Oh dear the Russian bots have found fab ?? well we hope they have or otherwise he's just a complete....

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

[Removed by poster at 10/08/20 09:30:30]

"I fail to see the link between 5G masts and a payrise for some teachers. "

teachers are poorly paid for what they do

» Add a new message to this topic