FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Temperature check at airports

Temperature check at airports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Does anyone know what the cut off point for a temperature is.

Also I take it that just being hot because you have a mask on for x amount of hours and in a hot arrivals or departure lounge wont make you seem to have one.

May sound like a silly question but as an always anxious flyer I was wondering

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Flew back to Ghana on Saturday and I was sweating by the time I got to the screening point however my temperature was only 36 when tested.

The covid test was pretty unpleasant right enough.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you practiced wearing a mask at home so you get used to wearing it for a long time? Some masks are more breathable and comfortable than others. Take spares as it will get sweaty.

Take your temperature at home when you are hot from exercise. That will calm your nerves as you will know if your temperature changes.

The airport is the worst bit I thought. Quite like a busy shop with some people social distancing and some not.

Take a small hand sanitiser in your handbag.

The plane bit was like normal. Pilot said "stay sat down and wait to get off" but people stood up anyway. So I just sat down until most other people had got off.

Hope you can relax and enjoy the trip. Have a brilliant holiday. x

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

In school its 37.8 or above as per gov guidelines so I imagine its similar, if you are above and its hot then they will check again in 10 mins, so that will give you time to ground yourself a bit and lower the anxiety hot flush x

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Isn't sweating just natures way of reducing body temperature anyway?

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

You feeling hot and sweaty due to wearing a mask or just the hot weather, and actually having a temp are 2 completely different things

By *ittleMissCali OP   Woman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Have you practiced wearing a mask at home so you get used to wearing it for a long time? Some masks are more breathable and comfortable than others. Take spares as it will get sweaty.

Take your temperature at home when you are hot from exercise. That will calm your nerves as you will know if your temperature changes.

The airport is the worst bit I thought. Quite like a busy shop with some people social distancing and some not.

Take a small hand sanitiser in your handbag.

The plane bit was like normal. Pilot said "stay sat down and wait to get off" but people stood up anyway. So I just sat down until most other people had got off.

Hope you can relax and enjoy the trip. Have a brilliant holiday. x"

I often have to wear a mask for extended periods and have been wearing one since march so the mask isnt an issue

I suffer with anxiety while flying though and it can set off my IBS...which does cause my temperature to rise. Mine normally sits at about 35.7 though

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"You feeling hot and sweaty due to wearing a mask or just the hot weather, and actually having a temp are 2 completely different things"
This.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 10/08/20 17:11:00]

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

If its the infrared forehead type, they are only as accurate as the operator. If held a fraction too far away, you get a lower reading. Watched a TV programme with Dr Chris van Tulleken the other day and he had his temp done with a forehead infrared machine. 34.4°C apparently. So, it would seem he was suffering from hypothermia to the point where he should be incapable of moving. No one batted an eyelid at this clearly false low reading and he carried on into the care home

» Add a new message to this topic