FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Regulatory approval

Regulatory approval

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Russian developed vaccine has been given regulatory approval. (In Russia obviously). Now going into mass production.

Oxford vaccine already in mass production...not yet finished final stages of testing which could then be followed by approval.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Russia is conducting a live phase 3 test with its population on a current Mers vaccine that has been tweaked for sars-cov-2, this is why they seem to be ahead as such. Whilst Oxford are beginning in a controlled phase 3 test on certain individuals.

Its all fascinating science

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Russia is conducting a live phase 3 test with its population on a current Mers vaccine that has been tweaked for sars-cov-2, this is why they seem to be ahead as such. Whilst Oxford are beginning in a controlled phase 3 test on certain individuals.

Its all fascinating science "

Probably double the virus death rate and Putin will not give a damn and the people will exept it

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Russia is conducting a live phase 3 test with its population on a current Mers vaccine that has been tweaked for sars-cov-2, this is why they seem to be ahead as such. Whilst Oxford are beginning in a controlled phase 3 test on certain individuals.

Its all fascinating science "

And China have one, and there's two mRNA ones in the US.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Its all fascinating science

And China have one, and there's two mRNA ones in the US."

This is the first to get regulatory approval.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

No way !!!

I read here yesterday that making a vaccine was impossible and that it would never happen because it hadn't before...

Crikey - it's almost like this science thing actually exists...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I though America bought all the Oxford vaccine (when finished)

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"No way !!!

I read here yesterday that making a vaccine was impossible and that it would never happen because it hadn't before...

Crikey - it's almost like this science thing actually exists... "

Yes, there had never been any airplane flights until 1903, so because it didn't happen until then it obviously means that it's impossible for it to ever happen!

Manchester (she/her)

"This is the first to get regulatory approval."

What will matter most for our purposes is a vaccine approved here. Potentially (I'm not sure, and it'd be persuasive not compelling I'm sure) a vaccine approved in a place where we have high regard for their regulatory standards. (Probably not Russia or China)

Manchester (she/her)

"No way !!!

Nope. All wisdom hails from the forum, and if you deviate from it you're a gloom spreader and a reality denier

"I though America bought all the Oxford vaccine (when finished) "

No. We have 100 million of them already sorted... 150 million of three other "good candidates" already pre-ordered.

Manchester (she/her)

"I though America bought all the Oxford vaccine (when finished)

No. We have 100 million of them already sorted... 150 million of three other "good candidates" already pre-ordered."

I think I heard that the EU is trying to ensure some vaccines get to poorer countries.

Too damn right.

Leicestershire

"No way !!!

Yes, there had never been any airplane flights until 1903, so because it didn't happen until then it obviously means that it's impossible for it to ever happen!"

I think I need to go have a lay down somewhere cold and dark to let this bombshell sink in.

Is Coventry still open?

Leicestershire

"No way !!!

Nope. All wisdom hails from the forum, and if you deviate from it you're a gloom spreader and a reality denier "

All hail the mighty forum and prostate yourselves before it!!!

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

"I though America bought all the Oxford vaccine (when finished) "

I think you are getting confused with the drug remdesivir. This isn't a vaccine. It's a drug that helps people recover quicker once they have covid-19.

"This is the first to get regulatory approval."

Aw well it must be ok as Putin has giving it to his daughter..kind if reminds me of selwyn gummer and the beef burger

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"No way !!!

Yes, there had never been any airplane flights until 1903, so because it didn't happen until then it obviously means that it's impossible for it to ever happen!"

I used this example yesterday and got laughed at for using an example from the past. Then I got laughed at for using holidays on Mars as an example of something currently impossible, but might be possible in future, with scientific advance. I give up

North West

"No way !!!

Nope. All wisdom hails from the forum, and if you deviate from it you're a gloom spreader and a reality denier

All hail the mighty forum and prostate yourselves before it!!!"

I thought the prostate was something entirely different

*Goes away to re-read Gray's Anatomy textbook*

Manchester (she/her)

"No way !!!

*Goes away to re-read Gray's Anatomy textbook*"

*Gets an idea for a kinky story. Servitude and milking*

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"No way !!!

Manchester (she/her)

"No way !!!

Yes, there had never been any airplane flights until 1903, so because it didn't happen until then it obviously means that it's impossible for it to ever happen!

I used this example yesterday and got laughed at for using an example from the past. Then I got laughed at for using holidays on Mars as an example of something currently impossible, but might be possible in future, with scientific advance. I give up "

It doesn't fit their agenda, therefore it's wrong because reasons.

Evidence is an agenda of liberals who love Boris Johnson.

Manchester (she/her)

"No way !!!

I used this example yesterday and got laughed at for using an example from the past. Then I got laughed at for using holidays on Mars as an example of something currently impossible, but might be possible in future, with scientific advance. I give up

Evidence is an agenda of liberals who love Boris Johnson."

.. the heck did I just write

North West

"No way !!!

Evidence is an agenda of liberals who love Boris Johnson.

.. the heck did I just write "

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"No way !!!

I used this example yesterday and got laughed at for using an example from the past. Then I got laughed at for using holidays on Mars as an example of something currently impossible, but might be possible in future, with scientific advance. I give up "

The people who insisted that it was totally impossible never responded, when challenged, to declare their expertise or any evidence. Says it all really.

Elsevier

10 Oct 2019

Author G.Wolff study in 2017-2018

Flu shot increases chance of getting other respirarory illness by 36%

Thats just one paper

Flu vaccine.. still get flu.

Covid19 recovery should you get contracted by it is 99.98%

More chance of getting killed in a road side accident.

Should you really want a vaccine that makes you more susceptible to further illness when the recoverary is almost 100% ????

That is wonderful news from Russia.

The U.K. needs to order millions of the Russian vaccine to get our people vaccinated before the end of this month.

Manchester (she/her)

"Elsevier

10 Oct 2019

Thats just one paper

Should you really want a vaccine that makes you more susceptible to further illness when the recoverary is almost 100% ????

"

If we're deliberately defining "recovery" to exclude any outcome other than death, then, yes.

I want to protect myself and others from a virus that has caused significant harm.

"That is wonderful news from Russia.

The U.K. needs to order millions of the Russian vaccine to get our people vaccinated before the end of this month."

Going off what the Russian spokesman just said that would be a bit pointless because apparently it’s exactly the same as the Oxford vaccine.

You know the Oxford one where the Russians were suspected of hacking the Oxford vaccine data.

Manchester (she/her)

The U.K. needs to order millions of the Russian vaccine to get our people vaccinated before the end of this month."

Unfortunately the regulatory mechanisms the UK has in place to ensure safety and efficacy will prevent that.

The U.K. needs to order millions of the Russian vaccine to get our people vaccinated before the end of this month.

Going off what the Russian spokesman just said that would be a bit pointless because apparently it’s exactly the same as the Oxford vaccine.

You know the Oxford one where the Russians were suspected of hacking the Oxford vaccine data."

The Russians have been given regulatory approval, they are first.

Boris Johnson can order millions of doses from Russia and we can get the Uk vaccinated before the end of August

You know the Oxford one where the Russians were suspected of hacking the Oxford vaccine data.

Boris Johnson can order millions of doses from Russia and we can get the Uk vaccinated before the end of August "

It's not even had clinical testing yet.

Boris Johnson can order millions of doses from Russia and we can get the Uk vaccinated before the end of August "

Apart from the fact the Russians are not rolling it out in Russia until October.

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"Russian developed vaccine has been given regulatory approval. (In Russia obviously). Now going into mass production.

Oxford vaccine already in mass production...not yet finished final stages of testing which could then be followed by approval."

no thankyou

Boris Johnson can order millions of doses from Russia and we can get the Uk vaccinated before the end of August

Apart from the fact the Russians are not rolling it out in Russia until October."

Ok the UK can order millions of the Russian vaccine and get our people vaccinated in October

I can’t believe I replied to telforddave. What was I thinking

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"No way !!!

I never said it would be impossible to develope a vaccine for covid19 - just that it is illogical to postulate we will get a vaccine because people said we would never be able to fly

I mean it may be possible to get a vaccine for covid19 in 10 years - but if it did take that long it may as well be impossible because it will no longer be an issue

Leicestershire

"Elsevier

10 Oct 2019

Thats just one paper

"

Do you believe in any vaccination, or is it just Covid you have concerns about?

Manchester (she/her)

"I can’t believe I replied to telforddave. What was I thinking "

It's ok, the pandemic is getting to all of us.

Leicestershire

"No way !!!

I never said it would be impossible to develope a vaccine for covid19 - just that it is illogical to postulate we will get a vaccine because people said we would never be able to fly

I mean it may be possible to get a vaccine for covid19 in 10 years - but if it did take that long it may as well be impossible because it will no longer be an issue"

Yeah whatever...

Leicestershire

"I can’t believe I replied to telforddave. What was I thinking "

It's ok - I'm working on a vaccine.

You want vodka or gin flavour?

Manchester (she/her)

I'm excited by all of this. Look at the science working.

"I can’t believe I replied to telforddave. What was I thinking

You want vodka or gin flavour? "

Damn it. I drink rum. Will this nightmare ever end.

"I'm excited by all of this. Look at the science working. "

It's very exciting, well done Russian scientists on being the first to have a vaccine.

I hope Russia will share their vaccine with the U.K. and the rest of the world.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm excited by all of this. Look at the science working.

It's very exciting, well done Russian scientists on being the first to have a vaccine.

I hope Russia will share their vaccine with the U.K. and the rest of the world."

Absolutely!

Then we'll wait for the appropriate regulatory approval

Leicestershire

Damn it. I drink rum. Will this nightmare ever end."

Four doses of my vaccine and you won't care...

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m a little dubious as to what Russia says to be honest. Obviously hopeful but taking it with a pinch of salt comrade.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Isn't it time some people realised that because you find it on Google doesn't actually mean it's true

"No way !!!

*Goes away to re-read Gray's Anatomy textbook*"

With all the talk of R rates, the r is having a day off maybe

"Isn't it time some people realised that because you find it on Google doesn't actually mean it's true

"

It is true, Putin has already vaccinated his daughter with this first approved vaccine.

Hopefully this vaccine will be shared with the world including UK

North West

"No way !!!

*Goes away to re-read Gray's Anatomy textbook*

With all the talk of R rates, the r is having a day off maybe "

The anatomy book did not describe the prostate per the message above

North West

Damn it. I drink rum. Will this nightmare ever end.

Four doses of my vaccine and you won't care... "

Oooooo nurse

Russia hasn’t properly tested the vaccine so have no idea if it works and how effective it will be.

Reports of suppression of side effects are rife, with civilians reporting more of them due to slightly less risk of intimidation than the military personnel who have had it. That Putin claims to have given it his daughter is cute, but proves nothing and could easily be a lie.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the Russian vaccine. Safer routes are far more promising.

Manchester (she/her)

"Russia hasn’t properly tested the vaccine so have no idea if it works and how effective it will be.

Reports of suppression of side effects are rife, with civilians reporting more of them due to slightly less risk of intimidation than the military personnel who have had it. That Putin claims to have given it his daughter is cute, but proves nothing and could easily be a lie.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for the Russian vaccine. Safer routes are far more promising."

Agreed entirely.

But if it's regarded as a potential by the authorities here, it'll be examined by the authorities here.

If not, we wait for other promising potential vaccines and treatment.

Leicestershire

It could just be a dick waving exercise by Mr Putin and whoever else decides to play the game.

It'll be scrutinised closely before use elsewhere though.

"Elsevier

10 Oct 2019

Thats just one paper

"

I just looked up the paper you referenced. I shall include a direct quote from it:

"Receipt of influenza vaccination was not associated with virus interference among our population....however significant protection with (influenza) vaccination was associated not only with most influenza viruses, but also parainfluenza, RSV, and non-influenza virus coinfections."

So, in short....the total opposite of the point you are attempting to make.

» Add a new message to this topic