FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Oldham spike... And?

Oldham spike... And?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I suppose by now we shouldn't really be shocked by our behaviour. We get what we deserve. But sky news is this morning running a couple of stories.... 1... Oldham is having a spike and on the verge of a local lockdown. 2...sky news undercover reporters established that 9 out of 10 Greater Manchester licensed premises are not attempting to record track and trace information. 3....many pubs in the area not attempting to enforce social distancing...

Not sure what hospital admission s are like... And if they happen it will be 3 to 6 weeks after the infections...

But seriously confounded by the lack of an attempt to restrict the spread in that area.... And then at the same time complain its not safe to send kids back to school. If sky news is to be believed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

The major flaw in all that have written is contained in the very last line..

‘If Sky news is to be believed’!!

Twice in my life, I have been Involved with stories that Sky News have covered / exploited / chased etc, and on both occasions they have completely mis-reported the truth, and manipulated the words those interviewed to back up their stories.

They really are ‘The Sun’ of the TV news world .... oh and so I’m not being biased - other news channels just as mis truthful are available!

R

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I suppose by now we shouldn't really be shocked by our behaviour. We get what we deserve. But sky news is this morning running a couple of stories.... 1... Oldham is having a spike and on the verge of a local lockdown. 2...sky news undercover reporters established that 9 out of 10 Greater Manchester licensed premises are not attempting to record track and trace information. 3....many pubs in the area not attempting to enforce social distancing...

Not sure what hospital admission s are like... And if they happen it will be 3 to 6 weeks after the infections...

But seriously confounded by the lack of an attempt to restrict the spread in that area.... And then at the same time complain its not safe to send kids back to school. If sky news is to be believed. "

Not the pubs job to enforce social distancing. That should really be down to the people.

The bit about many pubs not enforcing social distancing. No some pubs are not.

As Carl Heneghan points out

there are 47,600 pubs in the UK (let's say 1000 week through the door) that's nearly 300M people in 6 weeks - How many outbreaks in that time.

Tin town

"The major flaw in all that have written is contained in the very last line..

Twice in my life, I have been Involved with stories that Sky News have covered / exploited / chased etc, and on both occasions they have completely mis-reported the truth, and manipulated the words those interviewed to back up their stories.

They really are ‘The Sun’ of the TV news world .... oh and so I’m not being biased - other news channels just as mis truthful are available!

R"

Hence the disclaimer.... I used to frequent BBC for news but found that has degenerated into infotainment of low accuracy so thought I'd try sky... The point about social distancing is poorly expressed... I should have said.. Social distanckng rarely being observed...and yes its the responsibility of the patrons.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I suppose by now we shouldn't really be shocked by our behaviour. We get what we deserve. But sky news is this morning running a couple of stories.... 1... Oldham is having a spike and on the verge of a local lockdown. 2...sky news undercover reporters established that 9 out of 10 Greater Manchester licensed premises are not attempting to record track and trace information. 3....many pubs in the area not attempting to enforce social distancing...

But seriously confounded by the lack of an attempt to restrict the spread in that area.... And then at the same time complain its not safe to send kids back to school. If sky news is to be believed.

Not the pubs job to enforce social distancing. That should really be down to the people. "

It is according to the conditions of them opening

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/pubs-restaurants-and-hairdressers-to-reopen-from-4-july

Farnborough

R

Hence the disclaimer.... I used to frequent BBC for news but found that has degenerated into infotainment of low accuracy so thought I'd try sky... The point about social distancing is poorly expressed... I should have said.. Social distanckng rarely being observed...and yes its the responsibility of the patrons. "

Hence my point about others being as bad. I’m afraid they all seem to have degenerated into sensationalising and milking every story to the enth degree.

The epitome of this was an article on BBC news last week that focussed on the effect that Eyebrow treatments still not being able to open was having on those with Alopecia etc and how difficult life was now for them!!

R xx

"The bit about many pubs not enforcing social distancing. No some pubs are not.

there are 47,600 pubs in the UK (let's say 1000 week through the door) that's nearly 300M people in 6 weeks - How many outbreaks in that time.

"

65m people live in the UK. Those numbers are bad examples.

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire/ Blackpool

Enjoy life,Come what December it will be back to square one put it in your diary lol

"The bit about many pubs not enforcing social distancing. No some pubs are not.

65m people live in the UK. Those numbers are bad examples."

You've lost me.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

But seriously confounded by the lack of an attempt to restrict the spread in that area.... And then at the same time complain its not safe to send kids back to school. If sky news is to be believed. "

I agree surely if the police cannot cope then the army should be brought in to help although this would be very very unpopular.

We need to beat the virus not have the government worry about what people think.

Going further I think people going to raves etc should be put in detention for 14 days so they cannot carry infection into society.

Bar owners not obeying the rules ,there licence to be withdrawn no exeptions.

I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself in a as risk free as possible.Only strict enforcement will allow this to happen

To be honest I'm surprised its taken so long for someone to mention bringing in martial law.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm in Manchester and I'm seeing very little evidence of track and trace, or social distancing.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Not the pubs job to enforce social distancing. That should really be down to the people. "

It certainly is. They are totally responsible for what happens on their premises.

I saw that a wedding party in Blackburn, had to be broken up by the police on Saturday. They had over a 100 guests there, and the venue can now expect enforcement action.

Not the pubs job to enforce social distancing. That should really be down to the people.

It certainly is. They are totally responsible for what happens on their premises.

I saw that a wedding party in Blackburn, had to be broken up by the police on Saturday. They had over a 100 guests there, and the venue can now expect enforcement action. "

Its not the pubs job to enforce this they are not law enforcement.

Tin town

But seriously confounded by the lack of an attempt to restrict the spread in that area.... And then at the same time complain its not safe to send kids back to school. If sky news is to be believed. I agree surely if the police cannot cope then the army should be brought in to help although this would be very very unpopular.

We need to beat the virus not have the government worry about what people think.

Going further I think people going to raves etc should be put in detention for 14 days so they cannot carry infection into society.

Bar owners not obeying the rules ,there licence to be withdrawn no exeptions.

I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself in a as risk free as possible.Only strict enforcement will allow this to happen

"

Have to say I tend to agree with you. Its time for a bit of leadership and some unpopular decisions rather than throwing money at people and amelioration.. Go quick go hard get it under control and then we can all benefit...this way feels like death by a 1000 cuts.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I checked out 2 wetherspoons pubs near to me in greater Manchester, in passing. Neither was getting much recorded visitor details. Suppressing infection transfer to others is essential, though we need to have contact tracking underway, so that those who may have been in contact with an infected person can be informed and then take responsive action, by testing etc.

We do need to limit high densities of strangers who will have impaired self-awareness and control as drinking alcohol. This is the responsibility of the businesses who are taking income from them primarily. If they make minimal or no effort to ensure they have contact details when they are taking money, they ought to be prevented from operating as a business.

"I checked out 2 wetherspoons pubs near to me in greater Manchester, in passing. Neither was getting much recorded visitor details. Suppressing infection transfer to others is essential, though we need to have contact tracking underway, so that those who may have been in contact with an infected person can be informed and then take responsive action, by testing etc.

We do need to limit high densities of strangers who will have impaired self-awareness and control as drinking alcohol. This is the responsibility of the businesses who are taking income from them primarily. If they make minimal or no effort to ensure they have contact details when they are taking money, they ought to be prevented from operating as a business. "

I agree punish the pubs that flout the rules but in my experience it appears to be a minority.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

I saw that a wedding party in Blackburn, had to be broken up by the police on Saturday. They had over a 100 guests there, and the venue can now expect enforcement action.

Its not the pubs job to enforce this they are not law enforcement. "

It is the pubs job as it is on their premises. Some councils are now sending out enforcement teams and any venue allowing rules infringement are being closed down again.

Pubs are not the reason the infection rate is increasing in Oldham or any other northern town. The communitys that are causing the problems don't generally frequent public houses

"Pubs are not the reason the infection rate is increasing in Oldham or any other northern town. The communitys that are causing the problems don't generally frequent public houses"

It’s likely to be a combination.

There is a debate that giving names, addresses, phone numbers etc is against the data protection act but importantly, any computer these details are out on cannot guarantee security. When banks and governments get hacked, what chance a pub for having a secure computer?

"Pubs are not the reason the infection rate is increasing in Oldham or any other northern town. The communitys that are causing the problems don't generally frequent public houses"

Shhhhhh we are not allowed to talk about that.

Absolutely

I must have missed the bit in the positive case numbers that indicate ethnicity.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

But surly it is up to us the people! if i went to a pub and did not think it was compliant id go down the shop and get some bear for home. If people still want to go to the pub and there is no track and trace or pore distancing they are putting them self at risk and there family's we all need to be more responsible for our own actions. Ho, have not been to and don't intend to go to a pub any time soon and if did it will be out side table service for me.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

would it mater giving your name and mobile number you have probably just payed buy bank card so they have that info if they want it. and if you work with cards or cash you have to do GDPR training..

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

"Pubs are not the reason the infection rate is increasing in Oldham or any other northern town. The communitys that are causing the problems don't generally frequent public houses

Absolutely "

Manchester (she/her)

"I must have missed the bit in the positive case numbers that indicate ethnicity."

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"There is a debate that giving names, addresses, phone numbers etc is against the data protection act but importantly, any computer these details are out on cannot guarantee security. When banks and governments get hacked, what chance a pub for having a secure computer?

"

Sadly, the people having that debate are going to be the typical 'experts' who talk shit on this forum and thousands of others.

Names and addresses do not constitute sensitive data and can already be found on the electoral register in the majority of cases.

You have to provide your phone number for all sorts of services already, if you don't want to give it, don't use the service.

I fail to see how any of this impacts a bank account.

I really don't see the Russians or organised crime hacking into The Dog and Hedgehog to get Stace's phone number either...

[Removed by poster at 17/08/20 19:27:46]

Poor Stace. She’s not been hacked again has she. But I did warn her that the sobaka i yezhik was a dodgy establishment.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

was a rave where i live at the weekend.police posted about knowing about it saturday afternoon.assuring residents it wouldnt be allowed to happen jump to saturday night sunday morning 700 people having a mad one in empty warehouse two stabbings one of wich the guy has life changing injuries.police knew about it 12 hrs in advance yet it still went ahead. so even they dont seem to be concerned about enforcing the rules.personaly i steering clear of pubs. 1. i like socialicing in the pub and apparently we cant. and 2.would rather chill tound a mates garden its cheaper, we not mixing with people we know nothing about and there isnt a closing time plus if ya get barred its only till next time we meet up

Tin town

"There is a debate that giving names, addresses, phone numbers etc is against the data protection act but importantly, any computer these details are out on cannot guarantee security. When banks and governments get hacked, what chance a pub for having a secure computer?

"

Fair point, and yet people don't think twice providing phone number or email address to the latest Internet shopping app... Or TV app.....

Tin town

"But surly it is up to us the people! if i went to a pub and did not think it was compliant id go down the shop and get some bear for home. If people still want to go to the pub and there is no track and trace or pore distancing they are putting them self at risk and there family's we all need to be more responsible for our own actions. Ho, have not been to and don't intend to go to a pub any time soon and if did it will be out side table service for me.

"

Way to sensible

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

R"

That's true, every newspaper story I've ever read that involves the industry i work in has been wrong. From the headline to the detail.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

If its that bad ,lock Manchester down again ..

Tin town

Perhaps, or perhaps it's pubs PLUS other gatherings like the 100 plus guest wedding that had to be broken up. It beggars belief. Who'd be a policeman right now?

"Pubs are not the reason the infection rate is increasing in Oldham or any other northern town. The communitys that are causing the problems don't generally frequent public houses

Absolutely "

I have been in quite a few pubs in Glasgow since they opened and all except 1,maybe 2 out of around 12 or so are very good at following safety measures and provide habnd sanitizer in a number of locations through their premises. My workplace is not a safer environment I think than pubs, so no bar a couple of establishments and the it clientele I think most are perfectly safe

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Since pubs have opened I have been in 10 different pubs

All but one has asked me/ the group I was with for track and trace info

Not a problem for me

[Removed by poster at 18/08/20 09:59:07]

Shutting all pubs because some don't follow the rules would be like putting us all back into lockdown because some people don't wear masks.

Perhaps, or perhaps it's pubs PLUS other gatherings like the 100 plus guest wedding that had to be broken up. It beggars belief. Who'd be a policeman right now? "

And the community that wedding venue was catering for?

Being a policeman is easy right now, you just turn a blind eye to all the restaurants packed to the rafters in Bolton town centre after the end of a religious _estival but you stand in Tescos looking for people without a mask before you go and break up a five years olds family birthday party.

Shhhhhh we are not allowed to talk about that. "

There was actually an Imam on TV (I think sky but not sure...?) who was the first and only person on any main media actually "blaming" in some way his own community. Large multi generational families (not really a fault there) but mixing with other large families without appropriate distancing. Also mentioned eid....(though this was celebrated a little while back so not sure how relevant?)

There are two Eids in the year, one was only a couple of weeks ago

Maybe thats what the Imam meant then?

I know no journalist would speak that truth or would be branded racist and lose their job.

It is the pubs job as it is on their premises. Some councils are now sending out enforcement teams and any venue allowing rules infringement are being closed down again."

It's not the pub job it's down to individual responsibilities. No one can enforce this so why are the pubs now the law in your view?

Sadly, the people having that debate are going to be the typical 'experts' who talk shit on this forum and thousands of others.

Names and addresses do not constitute sensitive data and can already be found on the electoral register in the majority of cases.

You have to provide your phone number for all sorts of services already, if you don't want to give it, don't use the service.

I fail to see how any of this impacts a bank account.

I really don't see the Russians or organised crime hacking into The Dog and Hedgehog to get Stace's phone number either...

"

Actually if a business leaked any email address, address etc that's classed as PII. They would actually breach GDPR even if it was used for track and trace. Businesses can hold data but it has to be secure. If there so happens to be a data breach (such as losing the paper with names on) they would have to report this to the ICO. Fines can be around 10% of turnover (not profit) for a serious breach which would be very unlikely for a pub.

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Pubs don’t have to enforce track and trace or anti social distancing. Hospital admissions are virtually nil, deaths are down 97% in three months, there are apparently 77 folks critical in hospital, did sky news not give you the whole story, there’s a huge surprise.

Leicestershire

"

Actually if a business leaked any email address, address etc that's classed as PII. They would actually breach GDPR even if it was used for track and trace. Businesses can hold data but it has to be secure. If there so happens to be a data breach (such as losing the paper with names on) they would have to report this to the ICO. Fines can be around 10% of turnover (not profit) for a serious breach which would be very unlikely for a pub. "

Pubs are (or should) only holding the data due to a direct instruction from government, so I'm not totally convinced they could be pursued very far by the ICO anyway.

I bet if you were to go into a random pub and ask to speak to the Data Controller, you'd get a blank stare and an offer of pork scratchings...

Leicestershire

"Pubs don’t have to enforce track and trace or anti social distancing."

Of course they don't.

They have the option of closing.

"

Actually if a business leaked any email address, address etc that's classed as PII. They would actually breach GDPR even if it was used for track and trace. Businesses can hold data but it has to be secure. If there so happens to be a data breach (such as losing the paper with names on) they would have to report this to the ICO. Fines can be around 10% of turnover (not profit) for a serious breach which would be very unlikely for a pub.

Pubs are (or should) only holding the data due to a direct instruction from government, so I'm not totally convinced they could be pursued very far by the ICO anyway.

I bet if you were to go into a random pub and ask to speak to the Data Controller, you'd get a blank stare and an offer of pork scratchings... "

They still have the data so it would be a data breach. In the same way a bank has to hold my data for fraud purposes. If they get hacked would they turn around and say instructed to by government? Doesn't matter if they know what a data controller or processor is or not. GDPR doesn't have a clause that says if government ask you to store PII you will not be in breach. In reality its unlikely they would be fined unless a big chain. But its still would be a breach. COVID is not an excuse to get around poor handling of personal information.

All they have is a name and a mobile number.....hardly "critical information" given that it's basically out there anyway.

Keel calm and drink beer!

Keep*

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Couldn’t disagree more ...Like all businesses . It is their responsibility to manage their premises and the customers who use it. Licensed Managers and staff have an added responsibility not just to the COVID rules Set out fir social distancing but to the licensing act. They have the responsibility to ensure that they and the patrons Who use the premises abide by the rules . If they fail to do so they could be prosecuted under the act. Fir COVID alone if they fail to enforce social distancing then they risk being shut down.. patrons quite rightly should also be responsible . Sadly many don’t,

Couldn’t disagree more ...Like all businesses . It is their responsibility to manage their premises and the customers who use it. Licensed Managers and staff have an added responsibility not just to the COVID rules Set out fir social distancing but to the licensing act. They have the responsibility to ensure that they and the patrons Who use the premises abide by the rules . If they fail to do so they could be prosecuted under the act. Fir COVID alone if they fail to enforce social distancing then they risk being shut down.. patrons quite rightly should also be responsible . Sadly many don’t, "

Its simply not managable and not down to the pubs to enforce who is close to who.

By *lay 4 uMan  over a year ago

bolton

At last somebody saying it as it is .

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"I checked out 2 wetherspoons pubs near to me in greater Manchester, in passing. "

I'm very sorry that you had to go through that.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I hope you can soon rediscover real pubs.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

then explain the sudden spike in leafy middle class saddleworth or like the locals you gonna blame it all on them brown people in town center ? everybody everywhere regardless of race colour or creed is vulnerable to this infection nobody is immune

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Couldn’t disagree more ...Like all businesses . It is their responsibility to manage their premises and the customers who use it. Licensed Managers and staff have an added responsibility not just to the COVID rules Set out fir social distancing but to the licensing act. They have the responsibility to ensure that they and the patrons Who use the premises abide by the rules . If they fail to do so they could be prosecuted under the act. Fir COVID alone if they fail to enforce social distancing then they risk being shut down.. patrons quite rightly should also be responsible . Sadly many don’t,

Its simply not managable and not down to the pubs to enforce who is close to who."

Easy to enforce, spaced tables, one way systems, no standing at the bar, table service only, track and trace details only kept for the minimum amount of time required. If people dont abide by it chuck them out...same as would happen with aggressive, d*unk people as the landlord doesn't want to lose their licence.

I'm not sure I'd agree with you there

It's not fight club is it ???

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Oldham should get a lock down deserve

It's obvious to everyone why

Manchester (she/her)

Couldn’t disagree more ...Like all businesses . It is their responsibility to manage their premises and the customers who use it. Licensed Managers and staff have an added responsibility not just to the COVID rules Set out fir social distancing but to the licensing act. They have the responsibility to ensure that they and the patrons Who use the premises abide by the rules . If they fail to do so they could be prosecuted under the act. Fir COVID alone if they fail to enforce social distancing then they risk being shut down.. patrons quite rightly should also be responsible . Sadly many don’t, "

Yes.

It's the job of the establishments to enforce public health conditions. Usually food safety. Now social distancing.

If you can't do it, close.

Any mention of the massive Pakistan Independence Day celebrations that went on in Manchester (and other cities) last week, you know in terms of so called irresponsible behaviour?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

The inherent racism in some of the posts is shameful but not surprising, the current lockdown criteria will if not changed be applied in many places..

Perhaps those pointing the finger at some of the residents of Leicester and Oldham should bear it in mind..

Tin town

"The inherent racism in some of the posts is shameful but not surprising, the current lockdown criteria will if not changed be applied in many places..

Perhaps those pointing the finger at some of the residents of Leicester and Oldham should bear it in mind.."

It's not racist to talk about race. We live in a country with many races so we have to be able to discuss it. It's racist to do something... Or not do something because of someone's race.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Oldham should get a lock down deserve

It's obvious to everyone why "

Why?

in Lancashire

"The inherent racism in some of the posts is shameful but not surprising, the current lockdown criteria will if not changed be applied in many places..

Perhaps those pointing the finger at some of the residents of Leicester and Oldham should bear it in mind..

It's not racist to talk about race. We live in a country with many races so we have to be able to discuss it. It's racist to do something... Or not do something because of someone's race. "

Totally agree with your initial point even if no one has said it is, it's equally racist which some on here do often to be pointing the finger at Oldham and inferring as they have that all the issues there are down to one group within that community..

As we have seen there have been many breaches where mass gatherings may have and have led to similar rises and will do so, be interesting to see if there is equity ..

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

It is the pubs job as it is on their premises. Some councils are now sending out enforcement teams and any venue allowing rules infringement are being closed down again.

It's not the pub job it's down to individual responsibilities. No one can enforce this so why are the pubs now the law in your view? "

What about age are pubs not also legally responsible for that? violence d*unken behaviour, pubs are legally responsible or they forfeit their licence

Manchester (she/her)

Why are "certain communities" responsible for outbreaks while pubs are not responsible for maintaining social distancing, which is a legal requirement of their opening?

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

Close the pubs do you need them in Yr life really most are just shit pits with warm beer and manky food and the toilets look like they never seen a cleaner in years

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"

Most of the cafe's, restaurants I have been in, you details are written on a piece of paper for anyone to take a picture of.

Manchester (she/her)

Most of the cafe's, restaurants I have been in, you details are written on a piece of paper for anyone to take a picture of."

Yeah, these days paper and pen is secure

"Close the pubs do you need them in Yr life really most are just shit pits with warm beer and manky food and the toilets look like they never seen a cleaner in years "

You need to widen your scope.

leeds

Hopefully send army into Oldham soon

carrbrook stalybridge

"Hopefully send army into Oldham soon"
why infection rates in oldham are down ?

By *ensual -lover69Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

R"

I've fallen foul of the sun's so called reporting,if we can call it that, in my case because I don't read any papers, it took 7 years for me to find out they were making all kinds of vile allegations, then when I found out they scurried under their stones

It's not racist to talk about race. We live in a country with many races so we have to be able to discuss it. It's racist to do something... Or not do something because of someone's race.

Totally agree with your initial point even if no one has said it is, it's equally racist which some on here do often to be pointing the finger at Oldham and inferring as they have that all the issues there are down to one group within that community..

As we have seen there have been many breaches where mass gatherings may have and have led to similar rises and will do so, be interesting to see if there is equity .."

Totally agree with you, it doesn’t shock me either.

It’s not even just on here but on social media in general.

Lots of people are pointing the finger at other races because it’s easier to and the media haven’t helped at all.

All you have to do is go outside in the street, to the shops & even public transport and you can see people from different races that are not abiding by the social distancing or the face covering rules.

When I see posts like: “Certain races aren’t wearing masks” it comes across like people are intentionally trying to cause a divide.

Everyone needs to be held accountable.

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Most of the cafe's, restaurants I have been in, you details are written on a piece of paper for anyone to take a picture of."

Gdpr rules should apply

liverpool

R

I've fallen foul of the sun's so called reporting,if we can call it that, in my case because I don't read any papers, it took 7 years for me to find out they were making all kinds of vile allegations, then when I found out they scurried under their stones"

Hopefully it will be on the scrqpheap where it belongs soon.

"Hopefully send army into Oldham soonwhy infection rates in oldham are down ? "

Having lived and worked in garrison towns most of my adult life, I can say from experience that we are truly fucked if they use the army in an enforcement role.

Tin town

As we have seen there have been many breaches where mass gatherings may have and have led to similar rises and will do so, be interesting to see if there is equity ..

Totally agree with you, it doesn’t shock me either.

It’s not even just on here but on social media in general.

Lots of people are pointing the finger at other races because it’s easier to and the media haven’t helped at all.

All you have to do is go outside in the street, to the shops & even public transport and you can see people from different races that are not abiding by the social distancing or the face covering rules.

When I see posts like: “Certain races aren’t wearing masks” it comes across like people are intentionally trying to cause a divide.

Everyone needs to be held accountable."

Exactly, saying first hand what people are seeing, isn't divisive or racist. It's what's happening in that individuals line of sight... And they should be as entitled as anyone else to make those observations. Telling people that they either aren't seeing it, or aren't allowed to say it is not helping. People aren't perfect, it's what makes life interesting in happier times. Sadly its dividing us in these times.

Manchester (she/her)

Approximately 99% of the idiots I see are white.

Hope that helps

Farnborough

"Hopefully send army into Oldham soonwhy infection rates in oldham are down ?

Having lived and worked in garrison towns most of my adult life, I can say from experience that we are truly fucked if they use the army in an enforcement role."

The government do not want to use the Army ... its political suicide if they did. It would signify that they and the civil authorities can’t cope.

The Army don’t want to be used in that way - it Is simply not what they are they are there for. In a civil emergency they will, (as they have done), step in to ‘Assist’ and provide very short term capability and numbers if required ... but then will step back as soon as the appropriate fix is put in place.

Leave it to the civil professionals!

in Lancashire

"Approximately 99% of the idiots I see are white.

Hope that helps "

This..

Blackburn

R

I've fallen foul of the sun's so called reporting,if we can call it that, in my case because I don't read any papers, it took 7 years for me to find out they were making all kinds of vile allegations, then when I found out they scurried under their stones

Hopefully it will be on the scrqpheap where it belongs soon."

Blackburn

Hope that helps

This.."

Actually, if you look at the places where it is spiking they're asain areas

Manchester (she/her)

Hope that helps

This..

Actually, if you look at the places where it is spiking they're asain areas"

Actually, if you look above people are saying they're reporting what they're seeing with their own eyes.

And actually, in restricted Manchester, well actually, 99% of the idiots I'm seeing are white

liverpool

Hope that helps

This..

Do only Asian people live in Manchester?

Manchester (she/her)

Hope that helps

This..

Actually, if you look at the places where it is spiking they're asain areas

Do only Asian people live in Manchester?"

My pasty white arse lives in Manchester

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hope that helps "

That is a high percentage

in Lancashire

Hope that helps

This..

Swindon, Northampton, Birmingham, Aberdeen, Anglesey..

All recently have or are spiking to say this is down to one group is factually wrong which is fine we all get things wrong or there's an agenda?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

This. I am surprised at how it has changed since the beginning of lock down, even the supermarkets don't seem to care anymore. However having said that, the supermarket I use , every person but one was wearing a mask

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think saying an area where there are communities of Asians etc are affected is a wrong thing to say if it is the truth. However, there are lots of people not sticking to the rules one way or another.

in Lancashire

"I don't think saying an area where there are communities of Asians etc are affected is a wrong thing to say if it is the truth. However, there are lots of people not sticking to the rules one way or another.

"

Agreed, it's right to accurately know which will assist the local authority in testing, tracing etc..

In the last census in 2011 Oldham was 77 percent white British but to some on here the inference is that it's only the South Asian community that is at fault..

It's right when it's reported that a mosque or a particular venue was rammed equally as the pub was in Staffordshire, it's wrong when some are only looking at one area as they perceive there is only Asians in that are to blame..

The last thing we need and pretty sure your already of that mind is to allow those who seek to further spread division or point fingers at one group in this pandemic..

Manchester (she/her)

Hope that helps

That is a high percentage"

Yes. But it's my observation, I'm afraid.

I think we're at risk of going "well it's them over there causing the problem" and not take responsibility for ourselves.

If the pubs aren't taking contact details, they should close, and you shouldn't go there. Personal and business responsibility. Just like people's "personal risk assessment" on whether it's safe to meet, except maybe deciding that the rules apply to you (general you) not just "them".

"

This. I am surprised at how it has changed since the beginning of lock down, even the supermarkets don't seem to care anymore. However having said that, the supermarket I use , every person but one was wearing a mask "

There are shops that aren’t enforcing it which I think is wrong.

But if you look at places like America, if you look at videos of people not listening to the rules and how’re they’re reacting. Like coughing directly at staff, fighting people, bringing out weapons and just being abusive.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

The last thing we need and pretty sure your already of that mind is to allow those who seek to further spread division or point fingers at one group in this pandemic.. "

Agreed

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

This. I am surprised at how it has changed since the beginning of lock down, even the supermarkets don't seem to care anymore. However having said that, the supermarket I use , every person but one was wearing a mask

But if you look at places like America, if you look at videos of people not listening to the rules and how’re they’re reacting. Like coughing directly at staff, fighting people, bringing out weapons and just being abusive.

"

I don't mean enforcing the use of masks, I more mean the way we shopped at the beginning of the pandemic has gone back to before the pandemic now, ie no one way system, no limiting how many going in etc

"I don't think saying an area where there are communities of Asians etc are affected is a wrong thing to say if it is the truth. However, there are lots of people not sticking to the rules one way or another.

"

I think it’s wrong to blame Asians and people of the BAME as the only ones at fault, which a lot of people have done, even members of the Tory party have said that the BAME community are not taking it seriously. .

Manchester (she/her)

Agreed, it's right to accurately know which will assist the local authority in testing, tracing etc..

In the last census in 2011 Oldham was 77 percent white British but to some on here the inference is that it's only the South Asian community that is at fault..

It's right when it's reported that a mosque or a particular venue was rammed equally as the pub was in Staffordshire, it's wrong when some are only looking at one area as they perceive there is only Asians in that are to blame..

The last thing we need and pretty sure your already of that mind is to allow those who seek to further spread division or point fingers at one group in this pandemic.. "

The closest area to me with an R rate above 1 is Stockport. A quick Google says it's 95% white.

As white people, as people, we should look to our own role in this.

The only way we're going to get through this is by *everybody* taking responsibility. Not just them. You. Me. And them.

"

I don't mean enforcing the use of masks, I more mean the way we shopped at the beginning of the pandemic has gone back to before the pandemic now, ie no one way system, no limiting how many going in etc"

Ah I see, yes I agree with you. I mainly went to Tesco’s and they had a strict queueing system with Secruity. But not anymore, everyone’s just coming and going as they please.

Manchester (she/her)

I think it’s wrong to blame Asians and people of the BAME as the only ones at fault, which a lot of people have done, even members of the Tory party have said that the BAME community are not taking it seriously. ."

It's also a crap way to get community buy in.

Hey you people over there, who already face stigma, you're to blame. I'm off to the pub. I'm Mickey Mouse. Contact tracing. Lol.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hope that helps

"

Do you live in a predominately white area? We do, so would only see white people breaking lock down rules. Going into Derby itself saw a whole load of people not social distancing.

in Lancashire

The last thing we need and pretty sure your already of that mind is to allow those who seek to further spread division or point fingers at one group in this pandemic..

The closest area to me with an R rate above 1 is Stockport. A quick Google says it's 95% white.

As white people, as people, we should look to our own role in this.

The only way we're going to get through this is by *everybody* taking responsibility. Not just them. You. Me. And them."

Tin town

"

"

Even in England, the guy who got knocked out on the train platform by a passerby. Division helps nobody when we are much better making our way through these horrible times together.

Whether you believe face coverings are a good thing, an essential tool to control the spread, or some kind of mind control by Bill Gates, if you pause for a moment and reflect upon it, it's very disturbing how something as trivial has divided so many of us. If something that simple challenges us, what chance when we have some genuiny tough choices or conditions to navigate. Stronger together.

Manchester (she/her)

Hope that helps

Do you live in a predominately white area? We do, so would only see white people breaking lock down rules. Going into Derby itself saw a whole load of people not social distancing."

I do, but if people are going to claim that it's the fault of minorities, and that it's a legitimate observation because it's what they see, then my observation is valid too.

With my own eyes, I see white people breaking rules all over the place. Of the ethnic minorities I see, they break rules much less (so - outside shops, where compliance is high - failure to distance is probably 8/10 white people and 2/10 non white people. Inside shops, 100% of non masking in shops is white people)

White people spread this and are just as culpable as non white people.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hope that helps

Do you live in a predominately white area? We do, so would only see white people breaking lock down rules. Going into Derby itself saw a whole load of people not social distancing.

I do, but if people are going to claim that it's the fault of minorities, and that it's a legitimate observation because it's what they see, then my observation is valid too.

"

I didn't say it wasn't valid, but you can't discount other peoples experience as theirs is valid too.

As an aside, I just think all the way through this, there has been people ( not necessarily on here ) who have pitted people against each other for their own agendas, it is wrong in my eyes.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

are not is

It's all a load of shit best just get Back to normal it's not going to go away

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Hope that helps

I didn't say it wasn't valid, but you can't discount other peoples experience as theirs is valid too.

As an aside, I just think all the way through this, there has been people ( not necessarily on here ) who have pitted people against each other for their own agendas, it is wrong in my eyes."

PS "you" as in general

Tin town

"It's all a load of shit best just get Back to normal it's not going to go away "

What's a load of shit?

Manchester (she/her)

Hope that helps

As an aside, I just think all the way through this, there has been people ( not necessarily on here ) who have pitted people against each other for their own agendas, it is wrong in my eyes.

PS "you" as in general"

I'm not.

I just think people should look to themselves and their own role, not point fingers and pretending they don't need to clean their own house.

The "other" people potentially do harm to us by behaving irresponsibly. But we also potentially do harm to them.

I don't think going "look it's the Asians" (77% white in Oldham, higher in other parts of higher risk area, pub spike in Aberdeen, etc) solves anything other than pissing the Asians off.

Look it's also the people not distancing in pubs, the establishments not enforcing distancing/ masks (where going inside is optional), people getting up in each other's faces, the people who think they're cute with multiple bubbles, etc etc etc.

salisbury

Exactly! Probably nothing to do with Eid at all!

Manchester (she/her)

"Exactly! Probably nothing to do with Eid at all!"

They cancelled Eid in Manchester, effectively, but thank you for your input

Tin town

Well I'm sure it's not beyond the wit of man to establish the answer based on facts of where the infections have taken place. I'm sure they established that the Aberdeen spike was mostly down to one or two drinking establishments,? so it can be done. If they can't do it, you'd kind of wonder what the track and trace process is doing.

Manchester (she/her)

"Well I'm sure it's not beyond the wit of man to establish the answer based on facts of where the infections have taken place. I'm sure they established that the Aberdeen spike was mostly down to one or two drinking establishments,? so it can be done. If they can't do it, you'd kind of wonder what the track and trace process is doing. "

It's certainly an excellent question. What is the track and trace doing?

The reason why it's spreading is clearly the fault of one specific group of people!

Tin town

"The reason why it's spreading is clearly the fault of one specific group of people!"

Humans?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The reason why it's spreading is clearly the fault of one specific group of people!"

well actually in the case of oldham they think it is more people mingling between households, which is why the more social restrictions have come in resturants and bars....

so its not "the people" you are trying to infer.....

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Bless the government for thinking people will take any notice of their ridiculous and intrusive rules.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but yes... oldham is very very very lucky not to be in lockdown..... they are doing slightly better than last week which is their one saving grace...

People who don’t thank the bus drivers? Those groups of people?

in Lancashire

"The reason why it's spreading is clearly the fault of one specific group of people!

Humans? "

This..

I would imagine in Oldham it's the Oldhamions, ditto Swindonians etc etc..

liverpool

"Bless the government for thinking people will take any notice of their ridiculous and intrusive rules. "

Like,for the most part,people have been doing,you mean?

Manchester (she/her)

"Bless the government for thinking people will take any notice of their ridiculous and intrusive rules.

Like,for the most part,people have been doing,you mean?"

Bless the government for at least doing something to try to save lives.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Okehampton

Facts are Facts, Nothing to do with the R word. Some communities are very much a tighter knit family and friends wise and tend to overcrowd. Just look at all the other areas that are experiencing a rise in figures.

If you mention it your are sounded out. If the Government dare to act, people kick off about being a nanny state.

It is up to us all. Obey the rules, reduce the infection rate, stop being idiots and hopefully one day soon we will be able to put it behind us.

We are, like it or not, all in this together.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"We are, like it or not, all in this together."

We are most certainly *not* all in this together.

By *ETSHAVEFUN1Man  over a year ago

bromsgrove

You dont see many in Tesco's sainsbury's

Or morrisons.

Have ever noticed??

salisbury

"Exactly! Probably nothing to do with Eid at all!

They cancelled Eid in Manchester, effectively, but thank you for your input "

Im sure the "cancellation" was well observed.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

"

Come on. As a private citizen using the Internet since 1987 (pre-www) I've never once been hacked because I take basic precautions.

Businesses have free chance to buy in very secure systems that mere mortals such as myself cannot. The two premises I've visited both took my details on pen and paper. Nobody is going to hack that.

Leicestershire

Come on. As a private citizen using the Internet since 1987 (pre-www) I've never once been hacked because I take basic precautions.

Businesses have free chance to buy in very secure systems that mere mortals such as myself cannot. The two premises I've visited both took my details on pen and paper. Nobody is going to hack that. "

Exactly

It's about likelihood and impact.

Likelihood is low (the information is low value, so who'd bother?)

Impact is low (what are they going to do - try and sell you pork scratchings?).

If anyone see's this as a security risk or want's to throw GDPR about, then don't go to the pub and that's one less thing to get worked up about...

Businesses have free chance to buy in very secure systems that mere mortals such as myself cannot. The two premises I've visited both took my details on pen and paper. Nobody is going to hack that.

Exactly

It's about likelihood and impact.

Likelihood is low (the information is low value, so who'd bother?)

Impact is low (what are they going to do - try and sell you pork scratchings?).

If anyone see's this as a security risk or want's to throw GDPR about, then don't go to the pub and that's one less thing to get worked up about...

"

Not about security risk it's about adhering to the GDPR regulations. Covid isn't an excuse for any business to break the law. Likelihood low but business still needs to follow law.

"The reason why it's spreading is clearly the fault of one specific group of people!

Humans? "

Yes! The people who have been close to another person who has covid. Simple as that.

Households, pubs, factories, people can catch it anywhere they are too close to an infected person.

well actually in the case of oldham they think it is more people mingling between households, which is why the more social restrictions have come in resturants and bars....

so its not "the people" you are trying to infer....."

Who am I trying to infer????

carrbrook stalybridge

Humans?

Yes! The people who have been close to another person who has covid. Simple as that.

Households, pubs, factories, people can catch it anywhere they are too close to an infected person.

"

much amusement localy at the goings on much outrage from the denizens of posh leafy white middle class saddleworth that they maybe restricted again thanks to " those " people over in town center and we are realy from Oldham were from Yorkshire dontcha know and its not our fault its "them" and "there" life style thats causing it . meanwhile the pubs restraunts of saddleworth have been packed with all the beautifull people being seen in all the right places with all the right faces for weeks on end as we are to superior than "those" people . Guess where the largest spike in oldhams figures is ? Guess where the three pubs and restaurants that have been closed due to being at the center of this spike are ? a clue its not where "those " people live . hoisted on there own petard many are now very quiet about " they " " those " & "them " being at fault be carefull where you point the finger you could be stood in front ofa mirror ??

leeds

Send, army in

Blackburn

Hope that helps

I think we're at risk of going "well it's them over there causing the problem" and not take responsibility for ourselves.

If the pubs aren't taking contact details, they should close, and you shouldn't go there. Personal and business responsibility. Just like people's "personal risk assessment" on whether it's safe to meet, except maybe deciding that the rules apply to you (general you) not just "them"."

Blackburn

Humans?

much amusement localy at the goings on much outrage from the denizens of posh leafy white middle class saddleworth that they maybe restricted again thanks to " those " people over in town center and we are realy from Oldham were from Yorkshire dontcha know and its not our fault its "them" and "there" life style thats causing it . meanwhile the pubs restraunts of saddleworth have been packed with all the beautifull people being seen in all the right places with all the right faces for weeks on end as we are to superior than "those" people . Guess where the largest spike in oldhams figures is ? Guess where the three pubs and restaurants that have been closed due to being at the center of this spike are ? a clue its not where "those " people live . hoisted on there own petard many are now very quiet about " they " " those " & "them " being at fault be carefull where you point the finger you could be stood in front ofa mirror ?? "

I'll keep that quote in mind, its a good one xx

Blackburn

Also, it as just been announced that people who wear glasses and are sensible enough to wear a mask are entitled to condensation

By *uriousTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

We live in the Oldham borough and I can tell you factually from seeing with my own eyes and now published data that our problem here is because some communities are largely refusing to wear masks or social distance! 65% of the overall towns infections are from only 17% of the population. The town is in the news which is unfair as published figures show the infection spike is in just 2 areas (Werneth and Alexandra).This is not meant to be a divisive post nor disrespectful to anyone, but to save lives Oldham Council need to be honest where the problem resides and take action where the benefit can be felt

carrbrook stalybridge

"We live in the Oldham borough and I can tell you factually from seeing with my own eyes and now published data that our problem here is because some communities are largely refusing to wear masks or social distance! 65% of the overall towns infections are from only 17% of the population. The town is in the news which is unfair as published figures show the infection spike is in just 2 areas (Werneth and Alexandra).This is not meant to be a divisive post nor disrespectful to anyone, but to save lives Oldham Council need to be honest where the problem resides and take action where the benefit can be felt"
agreed but from seeing with my own eyes non mask wearing and social distancing is rife everywhere you go . the problem you have in werneth and alaexandra is the prevelance of hi dencity low socialeconomic housing where everyone is piled on top of each other your typical houshold will be three or four generations all in one two bed terrace with know where to go to exercise freely . other areas that are not involved in the spike are of middle to upersocio economic groups larger houses with gardens only one or two generations lots of room to get out and exercise there .

Manchester

Accepted. But also labelling the unaffected areas out of political correctness is bonkers! And diverts efforts away from where targeting actions can literally save lives!

carrbrook stalybridge

"Accepted. But also labelling the unaffected areas out of political correctness is bonkers! And diverts efforts away from where targeting actions can literally save lives!"
agreed but as per my earlier post when the unafected area carry on in the same way but bacuase they are "better " think they are immune the inevitable happens . followed gmp twitter feed 20 parties broken up over night in there area only one within the oldham rerstrictions if that isnt complacency what is but when it goes tits up and manchestr goes on hard lock down again it will all be blamed on "those " people in oldham

Manchester

Agreed. Complacency has definitely set in for many

Tin town

"Accepted. But also labelling the unaffected areas out of political correctness is bonkers! And diverts efforts away from where targeting actions can literally save lives!agreed but as per my earlier post when the unafected area carry on in the same way but bacuase they are "better " think they are immune the inevitable happens . followed gmp twitter feed 20 parties broken up over night in there area only one within the oldham rerstrictions if that isnt complacency what is but when it goes tits up and manchestr goes on hard lock down again it will all be blamed on "those " people in oldham "

It seems you're agreeing with each other 90 per cent. So it seems authorities do have fact based evidence when where and who the spikes originate. So rather than allow unfounded suspicion and rumour to fester. Wouldn't it be helpful to know?

carrbrook stalybridge

"Accepted. But also labelling the unaffected areas out of political correctness is bonkers! And diverts efforts away from where targeting actions can literally save lives!agreed but as per my earlier post when the unafected area carry on in the same way but bacuase they are "better " think they are immune the inevitable happens . followed gmp twitter feed 20 parties broken up over night in there area only one within the oldham rerstrictions if that isnt complacency what is but when it goes tits up and manchestr goes on hard lock down again it will all be blamed on "those " people in oldham

It seems you're agreeing with each other 90 per cent. So it seems authorities do have fact based evidence when where and who the spikes originate. So rather than allow unfounded suspicion and rumour to fester. Wouldn't it be helpful to know? "

the information is being posted localy but is being seized on by those with agandas to prove points both ways apparently when the figures for alexander and werneth were published they were gospel truth but when the figures for saddlworth were published showning a spike they were propaganda and untruths to hide what is realy going on as i said earlier be carefull whom you point the finger at as you could be looking in the mirror

salisbury

Humans?

"

Or too close to a bat.

» Add a new message to this topic