FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Supermarket superstars

Supermarket superstars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Apologies if been covered before but just wanted to give a shout out to all supermarket workers for how they have responded to the crisis. The panic buying, then introduction of health measures during lockdown , all the while being at risk themselves. Having to put up with abuse to stop the panic buyers. Can’t believe I live in a society where we need signs saying “verbal or physical abuse on staff will not be tolerated”.

So, six months or so in, does data exist to say if supermarket staff were more likely to contract the virus?

Anyway, I simply want to say well done & thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Apologies if been covered before but just wanted to give a shout out to all supermarket workers for how they have responded to the crisis. The panic buying, then introduction of health measures during lockdown , all the while being at risk themselves. Having to put up with abuse to stop the panic buyers. Can’t believe I live in a society where we need signs saying “verbal or physical abuse on staff will not be tolerated”.

So, six months or so in, does data exist to say if supermarket staff were more likely to contract the virus?

Anyway, I simply want to say well done & thanks."

Yes they have been stars along with delivery drivers etc. Whilst we could all hunker down keeping safe they went out and took the risk when the infection was at its peak

I do love my statistics but must admit I've not seen any recent comprehensive breakdown of occupation infection rates.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Not sure on if supermarket workers have been more likely to be ill, but I know my brother has been working super hard at Aldi. He's dealt with so much abuse, shoplifting and general argy-bargy. He says staff attendance has been good, he's not aware of any confirmed positive tests among colleagues, and considering he does the rotas, he'd probably know. That's not to say supermarket staff have been unaffected but this is just the situation in a large Aldi in the centre of the largest town in England.

By *ebjonnson OP   Man  over a year ago

Maldon

Now M&S to lay off 7,000!

High street is fucked

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Supermarket workers have been key workers throughout all this.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can't give you the source because I can't remember if I read it or heard it in the radio. However retail staff had/have a higher liklihood of getting C19 than the general population according to what I heard/read. I know that's hardly evidence

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I can't give you the source because I can't remember if I read it or heard it in the radio. However retail staff had/have a higher liklihood of getting C19 than the general population according to what I heard/read. I know that's hardly evidence "

Some stats here https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/articles/whichoccupationshavethehighestpotentialexposuretothecoronaviruscovid19/2020-05-11

"I can't give you the source because I can't remember if I read it or heard it in the radio. However retail staff had/have a higher liklihood of getting C19 than the general population according to what I heard/read. I know that's hardly evidence "

I heard a clip on Hancock stating a disproportionate number of shop workers had been infected or had died, hence mandatory mask wearing.

Just cos he stated it doesn't make it true though.

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Some one did a freedom of information request to the met police, largest force in the country with 32000 officers, not one case of whatever it is they test for. And they’ve covered everything in London.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

I’m a shop worker and have worked all through

Have had to put up with verbal abuse too but just have to get on with it

Thanx for caring

Xxxx

"Some one did a freedom of information request to the met police, largest force in the country with 32000 officers, not one case of whatever it is they test for. And they’ve covered everything in London. "

It wasn't that bloke off the fast show was it ? " Ere, you ain't seen me ".

By *irestorm 500Couple  over a year ago

coventry

Have worked in a supermarket throughout since March, apart from having a couple of staff who had to isolate for medical reasons we never had a staff member off sick.

It's been difficult but it's my job and as I enjoy my job uve just buckled down and got on with it.

Thank you all for your thanks and support xx

By the way pics show where I work wink wink x Storm x

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Supermarket worker here too. It's been hard work but we all pulled together and got through it as a team

Customers were shocking at times, manners don't cost anything

Only 1 member of staff caught the virus in my branch.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Have 2 daughters work in tesco the oldest and youngest who have worked all through the eldest had the covid quite poorly for couple weeks is ok now the youngest by 25 years (she is 21)had more contact with public as working the self serve and has been fine and as far as aware was only one other confirmed case in their supermarket! I fear more for the youngest health having to wear that mask for such long shifts tbh! X

» Add a new message to this topic