They do. Wear the mask.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Customers or staff ???

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Ive seen loads in supermarkets not wearing them ,mostly young people ,the stores cannot inforce it and there is no police about who will either.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A lot of people have got very lax in recent weeks. Wear the masks.

"A lot of people have got very lax in recent weeks. Wear the masks. "

Alas we have to go to the Tescos in Chi on Saturday and we are not looking forward to it as everyone here where we live wears masks.

Grrrrr!!!!

Wear masks.

T

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Ive seen loads in supermarkets not wearing them ,mostly young people ,the stores cannot inforce it and there is no police about who will either. "

If Billy jumps off a bridge without a bungee cord does that mean it's a sensible or clever thing for you to do?

You don't need to wear a mask if

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

And you don't even need to wear a 'suitable' face covering as most says its not for medical use.

Its just symbolic to silence you.

Didnt need masks back in March... wearing one now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower.

Manchester (she/her)

"You don't need to wear a mask if

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

And you don't even need to wear a 'suitable' face covering as most says its not for medical use.

Didnt need masks back in March... wearing one now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower. "

Congratulations you've helped stop all your friends getting pregnant, that's precisely the point

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Didnt need masks back in March... wearing one now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower.

Congratulations you've helped stop all your friends getting pregnant, that's precisely the point "

There's still no scientific evidence that viruses cause diseases and are infectious. None.

[Removed by poster at 19/08/20 16:22:14]

Manchester (she/her)

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Congratulations you've helped stop all your friends getting pregnant, that's precisely the point

There's still no scientific evidence that viruses cause diseases and are infectious. None."

Ah. Germ theory denial. Congratulations.

By *ip_brumMan  over a year ago

Solihull

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

There's still no scientific evidence that viruses cause diseases and are infectious. None."

Don’t talk bollocks man.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

There's still no scientific evidence that viruses cause diseases and are infectious. None.

Ah. Germ theory denial. Congratulations."

I actually don't know where to start with this pile of garbage. Literally centuries of research is all wrong cause someone found some article a bloke on the internet wrote. We need a face palm emoji!!

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Bless!

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I actually don't know where to start with this pile of garbage. Literally centuries of research is all wrong cause someone found some article a bloke on the internet wrote. We need a face palm emoji!!"

He's simply an ignorant man seeking attention not knowledge. BTW before he cries out I'm flinging insults, being ignorant means lacking knowledge.

[Removed by poster at 19/08/20 16:41:11]

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I actually don't know where to start with this pile of garbage. Literally centuries of research is all wrong cause someone found some article a bloke on the internet wrote. We need a face palm emoji!!"

Centuries or researxh funded by the oil men so they can sell you oil dericed medicine and aborted fetal tissue in their vaccines. And when they make these vaccines they are immune to being sued. And doctors need not to know the ingredients and also cannot be suee.

Yet a chef needs to know every ingredient and can be sued.

Yeah... all that research.

Manchester (she/her)

*citations needed

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I actually don't know where to start with this pile of garbage. Literally centuries of research is all wrong cause someone found some article a bloke on the internet wrote. We need a face palm emoji!!

He's simply an ignorant man seeking attention not knowledge. BTW before he cries out I'm flinging insults, being ignorant means lacking knowledge. "

Lacking knowledge. Have you read any of the sciencepapers that claims to demonstrate viruses causes diseases or that viruses are infectious?

Reposnd however you like. But until you actually read one and see the ereoneous nature of them... youre talking from hearsay.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It seems like every other person chooses not to wear one in this country. There is no reason not to wear either a face mask or visor.

Manchester (she/her)

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

He's simply an ignorant man seeking attention not knowledge. BTW before he cries out I'm flinging insults, being ignorant means lacking knowledge.

Lacking knowledge. Have you read any of the sciencepapers that claims to demonstrate viruses causes diseases or that viruses are infectious?

Reposnd however you like. But until you actually read one and see the ereoneous nature of them... youre talking from hearsay."

I'm sure you're applying to receive your Nobel prize as we speak. And have received numerous accolades for your magnificent contributions to disease prevention.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Reposnd however you like. But until you actually read one and see the ereoneous nature of them... youre talking from hearsay."

Oh bloody hell, how do YOU think illnesses spread then?

"It seems like every other person chooses not to wear one in this country. There is no reason not to wear either a face mask or visor. "

Can I have clarification on something?

You can't catch it in the pub, restaurant, gym, classroom or hotel lobby... But you can catch it at the supermarket, bus, train and hairdresser.... Sometimes 1 metre away from someone and sometimes 2 metres away. Is that correct? Just asking for a friend who spent the last 6.5 months on mars

Dudley

"It seems like every other person chooses not to wear one in this country. There is no reason not to wear either a face mask or visor.

You can't catch it in the pub, restaurant, gym, classroom or hotel lobby... But you can catch it at the supermarket, bus, train and hairdresser.... Sometimes 1 metre away from someone and sometimes 2 metres away. Is that correct? Just asking for a friend who spent the last 6.5 months on mars "

"It seems like every other person chooses not to wear one in this country. There is no reason not to wear either a face mask or visor.

You can't catch it in the pub, restaurant, gym, classroom or hotel lobby... But you can catch it at the supermarket, bus, train and hairdresser.... Sometimes 1 metre away from someone and sometimes 2 metres away. Is that correct? Just asking for a friend who spent the last 6.5 months on mars "

This has me confused too.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

"And I thought people had to wear face masks in shops here

They do unless they are exempt for medical reasons "

In Asda you just arrive smelling of and when approached just shrug your shoulders and say “asthma or something init”

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug. All policies are a balance of competing considerations. This is the balance the government has struck.

You can't catch it in the pub, restaurant, gym, classroom or hotel lobby... But you can catch it at the supermarket, bus, train and hairdresser.... Sometimes 1 metre away from someone and sometimes 2 metres away. Is that correct? Just asking for a friend who spent the last 6.5 months on mars

Shrug. All policies are a balance of competing considerations. This is the balance the government has struck."

And they get it right 100% of the time eh? My friend wants to know if you support the government so readily all the time?

On Mars they have a social crediting system and government compliance earns martian citizens lots of points on their credit score.... Did I say mars? I meant China

Manchester (she/her)

Shrug. All policies are a balance of competing considerations. This is the balance the government has struck.

And they get it right 100% of the time eh? My friend wants to know if you support the government so readily all the time?

On Mars they have a social crediting system and government compliance earns martian citizens lots of points on their credit score.... Did I say mars? I meant China "

No. I said it was what the government had done. I didn't say I agreed with it in this instance.

The government made a choice. (Any inference on my feelings about that choice, you've inferred)

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Are you for real?

Manchester (she/her)

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Are you for real? "

The truth... is out there.

And apparently we find it on a swinging forum rather than with scientists.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

On Mars they have a social crediting system and government compliance earns martian citizens lots of points on their credit score.... Did I say mars? I meant China

"

I think the point is that most of the first group you mentioned are optional places to go (yes, yes, not classrooms), and the second group are mostly places you may need/have to go.

Therefore, try to ensure places people have to go are safe. People can make their own determination on the others.

I think the point is that most of the first group you mentioned are optional places to go (yes, yes, not classrooms), and the second group are mostly places you may need/have to go.

Therefore, try to ensure places people have to go are safe. People can make their own determination on the others.

"

So the rules of infection differ from place to place and can alter severity depending on social distance?.... How many were supposed to die in the UK according to the scientific boffins? Half a million was it? It's going to be way more than that....

Dudley

So the rules of infection differ from place to place and can alter severity depending on social distance?.... How many were supposed to die in the UK according to the scientific boffins? Half a million was it? It's going to be way more than that.... "

You're just nitpicking, you can choose not to go to social venues, nobody said you can't catch covid there.

Manchester (she/her)

Goodness, the government have made choices that are about things other than the spread of the virus.

I'm shocked. So shocked.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 19/08/20 17:28:22]

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Didnt need masks back in March... wearing one now is like wearing a condom at a baby shower. "

Pity your parents hadnt been more careful

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They do unless they are exempt for medical reasons "

Well in that case it looks like biggest half of people in England have medical issues

"Customers or staff ???"

Both

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Pity your parents hadnt been more careful"

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Go find someone who is HIV positive and say that.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"And I thought people had to wear face masks in shops here "

I don't know what areas people live in to say this but I must be exceptionally lucky that aside from a couple of people and checkout staff, everyone in my local supermarkets wear masks....

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I mean, I'm a microbiologist, with enough knowledge on virology from my MA degree to hold a well informed conversation.

So how about you do what good researchers do, how about you demonstrate how viruses are not infectious? Come on, disprove the accepted hypothesis.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

There's also no scientific evidence that anything you say is ever accurate... None.

I don't know what areas people live in to say this but I must be exceptionally lucky that aside from a couple of people and checkout staff, everyone in my local supermarkets wear masks...."

Yes I noticed in supermarkets more are wearing masks, but in corner shops/news agents not many are doing it.. Even though they have a notice on the front of doors stating it.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Decided to venture to the shops today, first stop Chester everyone wearing masks in the shops, then went on to Broughton 7 miles down the road where there was probably only 5% of people at most with masks on, have to say Chester there was an abundance of car parking spaces and Broughton people were fighting for one, method to the madness of the Welsh to keep those tills pinging?

I don't know what areas people live in to say this but I must be exceptionally lucky that aside from a couple of people and checkout staff, everyone in my local supermarkets wear masks...."

Same in the three supermarkets I’ve been in.

Manchester (she/her)

I don't know what areas people live in to say this but I must be exceptionally lucky that aside from a couple of people and checkout staff, everyone in my local supermarkets wear masks....

Same in the three supermarkets I’ve been in."

Compliance has been 80%+ in the shops I've been in.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Pity your parents hadnt been more careful"

No need for that at all

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Yep, pretty widespread here too...there's hope yet.

"

There's also no scientific evidence that anything you say is ever accurate... None."

Excpet that i dont try to dictate how you live your life. But since the governement wants to do that, the least they ought to do is present us with proof. Using the freedom of information request act, the cabinet says they dont have such documents

Dudley

"

There's also no scientific evidence that anything you say is ever accurate... None.

Excpet that i dont try to dictate how you live your life. But since the governement wants to do that, the least they ought to do is present us with proof. Using the freedom of information request act, the cabinet says they dont have such documents"

The proof is very clear to see

Manchester (she/her)

"

Excpet that i dont try to dictate how you live your life. But since the governement wants to do that, the least they ought to do is present us with proof. Using the freedom of information request act, the cabinet says they dont have such documents"

I very much doubt that the government or scientific community are going to change the way that they've done things because of unevidenced proclamations on a swinging site.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Almost making sense until that last bit....I assume from that you have never had any immunisations and have never had any illness whatsoever?

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

You know what thought did

Nope if they have medical reasons they are exempt from wearing them

I wear my mask. It may not prevent every single particle from leaving my mouth but it’s got to help. If I happened to be asymptomatic then I’d like to think I’m not passing anything on. I’m signing up to trials for the vaccine too.

I did notice that in my local Tesco probably around a quarter of the people in there didn’t wear a mask. Kinda pissed me off to be honest.

I hate wearing one and I have a good old mutter under my breath when I put it on but I’ll do it until this crap is sorted. If we all did, it won’t stop this but if it helps even a small amount then I’m in.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

He's simply an ignorant man seeking attention not knowledge. BTW before he cries out I'm flinging insults, being ignorant means lacking knowledge. "

Blackpool

Masks are opinion only

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Can I have clarification on something?

We didn't have to wear one until one Friday when we suddenly did.

I'm on the fence about whether they make a difference or not. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I do wear one though

Blackpool

Political, de fearmongering mode

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Reposnd however you like. But until you actually read one and see the ereoneous nature of them... youre talking from hearsay.

I mean, I'm a microbiologist, with enough knowledge on virology from my MA degree to hold a well informed conversation.

So how about you do what good researchers do, how about you demonstrate how viruses are not infectious? Come on, disprove the accepted hypothesis."

So then you if your a virologist and well verse you can explain to everyone how non medical grade face covering offer no protection AT ALL from catching disease, the gov guidance is wear a scarf, sock anything you like.

Then please proceed to explain the findings by WHO that it is extremely rare for an A symptomatic person to spread covid

Then explain the German scientists that could not find any trace of covid on surfaces inside confirmed infected household

Oh i forget, wear mask not to kill elderly, please then explain the decision of Gov to put infected patients in care homes

I look forward to your educated professional reply, as gov taking advice from un qualified computer man, now heavily invested in vaccine, who stands to make millions

I'm on the fence about whether they make a difference or not. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I do wear one though "

Thats the thing.

" man on tv says it safe not to wear one till sat. Then it suddenly isnt safe. ... and i will wait till man on tv tells me that i can stop wearing them."

They will do that with vaccine and they will do that with microchip.

Dudley

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

So how about you do what good researchers do, how about you demonstrate how viruses are not infectious? Come on, disprove the accepted hypothesis.

So then you if your a virologist and well verse you can explain to everyone how non medical grade face covering offer no protection AT ALL from catching disease, the gov guidance is wear a scarf, sock anything you like.

Then please proceed to explain the findings by WHO that it is extremely rare for an A symptomatic person to spread covid

Then explain the German scientists that could not find any trace of covid on surfaces inside confirmed infected household

Oh i forget, wear mask not to kill elderly, please then explain the decision of Gov to put infected patients in care homes

I look forward to your educated professional reply, as gov taking advice from un qualified computer man, now heavily invested in vaccine, who stands to make millions

"

1. The masks aren't to protect YOU from catching it.

2. The WHO, along with everyone else in the world is discovering things as time goes on, you know, what happens when people research a novel virus.

3. The virus only lives for a certain amount of hours, the surfaces could have been cleaned, there are many variables that could change the result of such an experiment.

4. The government didn't notice put any infected patients into care homes, the doctors did. The guidance stated that discharged patients COULD be tested but it wasn't a requirement, that's on the doctors.

All this bullshit about Bill Gates is getting silly. He can say whatever he likes, it doesn't mean it will happen.

I do wear one though "

Same here. I’m on the fence on their effectiveness however I wear one if it makes others feel at ease.

That said I won’t be convinced about the need for outdoor use.

Dudley

I do wear one though

Thats the thing.

" man on tv says it safe not to wear one till sat. Then it suddenly isnt safe. ... and i will wait till man on tv tells me that i can stop wearing them."

They will do that with vaccine and they will do that with microchip."

Not once did he say it's safe until Saturday. You are picking bits and pieces and trying to build an entire puzzle out of them but it will always be full of holes until you start picking up all the pieces.

Blackpool

As i look around, thank god England will never emulate the China mask idiots, can't believe Boris fell for the hype, and shame on the 2 puppet media so called doctors with splintered butts, who have, and are still cashing in on covid fearmongering bullshit, they know who they are.

Manchester (she/her)

At the risk of stating the bleedingly obvious to some here, the government are not scientists and the scientists are not the government. The government may or may not use science, or other factors, in choices it makes. The government sets a minimum standard of behaviour through its laws for whatever reasons it chooses.

Also, believing in germ theory/ mask wearing/ Covid reduction doesn't mean blindly following the government.

This ends your probably futile public service announcement.

By *risTheHornyBikerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

As a retail college I do find quite a few people wear masks at the store I work at. Might help that we're told to wear masks on the shop floor so we lead by example. It's mostly the people still using change that I gripe about..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Centuries or researxh funded by the oil men so they can sell you oil dericed medicine and aborted fetal tissue in their vaccines. And when they make these vaccines they are immune to being sued. And doctors need not to know the ingredients and also cannot be suee.

Yeah... all that research."

To file under the pigswill of BS, conspiracy theories etc that have infested the world, including the forum.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I just had to post this

https://youtu.be/x6cTDGqcUpA

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm surrounded by everyone wearing them in the shops. A tiny effort and investment that may save livea.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Yeah... all that research."

You don’t need to know the all ingredients

Just the allergy’s (14)

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

They really strict in Oxford

masks can't stop the spead of viruses go on WHO website

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"masks can't stop the spead of viruses go on WHO website "

It doesn't say they CAN'T....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People do what they want the rules are a farce in this country

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Seatbelts can't prevent you being killed in a car crash

But guess what ......

Manchester (she/her)

Just did. That's not what it says

Before hearing about covid and masks I thought it was common sense that covering your face helps prevent spreading germs

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Before hearing about covid and masks I thought it was common sense that covering your face helps prevent spreading germs "

And that's the problem.

Too many little darlings with self inflated ideas of their own intelligence at the expense of common sense.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Before hearing about covid and masks I thought it was common sense that covering your face helps prevent spreading germs

And that's the problem.

Too many little darlings with self inflated ideas of their own intelligence at the expense of common sense."

Or their own ideas of common sense at the expense of evidence and expertise.

In this case common sense bears out, it seems. Cover your germ holes.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"

And that's the problem.

Too many little darlings with self inflated ideas of their own intelligence at the expense of common sense.

Or their own ideas of common sense at the expense of evidence and expertise.

In this case common sense bears out, it seems. Cover your germ holes."

It really isn't difficult

Dudley

"

And that's the problem.

Too many little darlings with self inflated ideas of their own intelligence at the expense of common sense."

Pot kettle

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I wear my mask. It may not prevent every single particle from leaving my mouth but it’s got to help. If I happened to be asymptomatic then I’d like to think I’m not passing anything on. I’m signing up to trials for the vaccine too.

I did notice that in my local Tesco probably around a quarter of the people in there didn’t wear a mask. Kinda pissed me off to be honest.

I hate wearing one and I have a good old mutter under my breath when I put it on but I’ll do it until this crap is sorted. If we all did, it won’t stop this but if it helps even a small amount then I’m in. "

So when you are in a car do you wear a crash helmet? It would be an inconvenience, but if you were in an accident you would be a little bit safer.

"I wear my mask. It may not prevent every single particle from leaving my mouth but it’s got to help. If I happened to be asymptomatic then I’d like to think I’m not passing anything on. I’m signing up to trials for the vaccine too.

I hate wearing one and I have a good old mutter under my breath when I put it on but I’ll do it until this crap is sorted. If we all did, it won’t stop this but if it helps even a small amount then I’m in.

So when you are in a car do you wear a crash helmet? It would be an inconvenience, but if you were in an accident you would be a little bit safer."

No it wouldn't. That would be ridiculous. It would reduce your field of vision and impede checking your blind spot.

Kind of like how I just wear a facemask to the shops instead of full PPE.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

I don’t understand why some people get so bent out of shape about wearing a mask, claiming it infringes their rights, there’s no scientific evidence it stops the spread etc etc.

Right now it’s about mutual respect for others we live alongside, there’s no solid scientific evidence it doesn’t help either, so what really is the problem?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I don’t understand why some people get so bent out of shape about wearing a mask, claiming it infringes their rights, there’s no scientific evidence it stops the spread etc etc.

Right now it’s about mutual respect for others we live alongside, there’s no solid scientific evidence it doesn’t help either, so what really is the problem?

"

Mad isnt it?

Is it that much of an inconvenience to put a bit of cloth over your mouth for a few mins?

They do, even if someone is exempt, they are not exempt from getting the virus, so it is a catch 22 for those and as well what the shops should do about that situation.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Undergrad here!

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

I’m going to ignore the prize idiot in the room and just say...

WEAR THE MASK.

Stupidity and selfishness do not exempt you.

And yet strangely the WHO advises govts to advocate masks under certain circumstances.

"

And that's the problem.

Intelligence? Damn clear divide in this forum.

"They do, even if someone is exempt, they are not exempt from getting the virus, so it is a catch 22 for those and as well what the shops should do about that situation."

NOT when it's not about protecting the wearer

"They do, even if someone is exempt, they are not exempt from getting the virus, so it is a catch 22 for those and as well what the shops should do about that situation.

NOT when it's not about protecting the wearer "

There should be a no mask no entry policy.

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t understand why some people get so bent out of shape about wearing a mask, claiming it infringes their rights, there’s no scientific evidence it stops the spread etc etc.

Mad isnt it?

Is it that much of an inconvenience to put a bit of cloth over your mouth for a few mins?"

I've started to see it as good manners. No I probably don't have anything I'm spreading, seeing as I've recovered, but I'm covering my germ holes because I don't want people around me getting sick. And hopefully if I do pick up a respiratory virus of any sort, I'll keep it to myself rather than sharing.

It's "don't pick your nose and touch your friends" for grown ups.

"They do, even if someone is exempt, they are not exempt from getting the virus, so it is a catch 22 for those and as well what the shops should do about that situation.

NOT when it's not about protecting the wearer There should be a no mask no entry policy."

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions?

NOT when it's not about protecting the wearer There should be a no mask no entry policy.

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? "

That is right, in those cases there should be a designated area where they should wait like a room, so a friend or a staff would have to do the shopping for them.

liverpool

NOT when it's not about protecting the wearer There should be a no mask no entry policy.

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? That is right, in those cases there should be a designated area where they should wait like a room, so a friend or a staff would have to do the shopping for them."

Say they have no one to do the shipping for them,?

What if they need to use public transport?

Manchester (she/her)

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? "

I would love it if this were the case, but I can't see it being possible or practical. Or doable in a way that wouldn't demean people with genuine conditions.

It's an extremely difficult balancing act.

Some people like breaking the rules plain and simple its all about them. Like fab really if you think about it.

liverpool

Sone people have genuine causes not to wear them.

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? That is right, in those cases there should be a designated area where they should wait like a room, so a friend or a staff would have to do the shopping for them.

What if they need to use public transport?"

The staff at the shop would have do the shopping for them.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? That is right, in those cases there should be a designated area where they should wait like a room, so a friend or a staff would have to do the shopping for them."

People, some with disabilities the likes that you thus far are fortunate enough to not have should be taken to a room to have their shopping done for them..?

Not really thought it through shag have you?

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions?

I would love it if this were the case, but I can't see it being possible or practical. Or doable in a way that wouldn't demean people with genuine conditions.

It's an extremely difficult balancing act."

Yes it would be a difficult balancing act too at first, but an necessary ones as well, we are all in this together.

Are you suggesting there should be no exemptions? That is right, in those cases there should be a designated area where they should wait like a room, so a friend or a staff would have to do the shopping for them.

People, some with disabilities the likes that you thus far are fortunate enough to not have should be taken to a room to have their shopping done for them..?

Not really thought it through shag have you?"

It would be an difficult balancing act to find solutions at first for all.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Not really thought it through shag have you?It would be an difficult balancing act to find solutions at first for all. "

One part of any solution is to have empathy and understanding that some people who are not wearing a mask may have complex issues, may have been shielding for months and are already stressed about venturing out..

Respect it probably is not your intent but it's akin to chair users sat in the rain as the buses can't take them..

liverpool

What if they need to use public transport?The staff at the shop would have do the shopping for them."

Most shops are busy enough as it is..and don't have spare staff hanging around

Not really thought it through shag have you?It would be an difficult balancing act to find solutions at first for all.

One part of any solution is to have empathy and understanding that some people who are not wearing a mask may have complex issues, may have been shielding for months and are already stressed about venturing out..

Respect it probably is not your intent but it's akin to chair users sat in the rain as the buses can't take them.."

Yes it is, it would be a difficult balancing act.

Click and collect and home delivery are both viable options. I think it would be perfectly reasonable if people with *real* medical exemption were given priority for these services.

The arseholes that falsely claim exemption because they just don't fancy wearing a mask are like those guys who offer up a million flimsy reasons why they don't want to wear a condom.

"Click and collect and home delivery are both viable options. I think it would be perfectly reasonable if people with *real* medical exemption were given priority for these services.

The arseholes that falsely claim exemption because they just don't fancy wearing a mask are like those guys who offer up a million flimsy reasons why they don't want to wear a condom."

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Really!! You need to read more!

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Don’t talk bollocks man. "

I'd like to think he was being ironic.

Unlike thee refuseniks who say Mass hallucination/self delusion shit like 'oh, I could get run over by a bus tomorrow/more likely to get run over by a bus /they're taking our freedom away from us /it's a conspiracy/who nerds experts /people can prove anything with facts.. (I shit you not, I've read that).

Manchester (she/her)

"Click and collect and home delivery are both viable options. I think it would be perfectly reasonable if people with *real* medical exemption were given priority for these services.

The arseholes that falsely claim exemption because they just don't fancy wearing a mask are like those guys who offer up a million flimsy reasons why they don't want to wear a condom."

I don't care if you're safe/clean/don't believe in viruses. Wear the mask/condom

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"

/people can prove anything with facts.. (I shit you not, I've read that).

"

That's a beauty!

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Don’t talk bollocks man.

I'd like to think he was being ironic.

Unlike thee refuseniks who say Mass hallucination/self delusion shit like 'oh, I could get run over by a bus tomorrow/more likely to get run over by a bus /they're taking our freedom away from us /it's a conspiracy/who nerds experts /people can prove anything with facts.. (I shit you not, I've read that). "

No irony. You'd know if you've read other posts from him. Especially when he uses toxic substances to compare viruses with

The arseholes that falsely claim exemption because they just don't fancy wearing a mask are like those guys who offer up a million flimsy reasons why they don't want to wear a condom.

I don't care if you're safe/clean/don't believe in viruses. Wear the mask/condom"

Just get them the right way round .

[Removed by poster at 20/08/20 13:21:34]

Manchester (she/her)

I don't care if you're safe/clean/don't believe in viruses. Wear the mask/condom

Just get them the right way round . "

So let me try to understand this .

It's ok for my wife to go to work because she wears a visor there as she can wear a mask.

Buf if not ok for her to go shopping.

She is a keyworker by the way .

The only time she stayed off work through all this is when she had the virus.

Manchester (she/her)

It's ok for my wife to go to work because she wears a visor there as she can wear a mask.

The only time she stayed off work through all this is when she had the virus."

He did say "falsely claim exemption"

That's my point how does he know which is which?

Manchester (she/her)

"That's my point how does he know which is which?"

I personally never treat anyone differently in person, but I know these people exist because they boast about it online.

I'm not speaking for him of course.

"That's my point how does he know which is which?

I personally never treat anyone differently in person, but I know these people exist because they boast about it online.

I'm not speaking for him of course."

I do understand that there are those that dont wear to rebel and those that dont care .

But I wear mine for shops and my grown up.kids all wear theirs for shops.

But he did say use online for shopping thats why I posted what I posted.

Why should it be ok for her to go to work but not go shopping.

"That's my point how does he know which is which?"

I'm not saying I can, necessarily. It's not really up to me to identify them. I already have a job.

What I am saying is that:

1. There are people with genuine medical conditions that preclude them from being able to use a facemask.

2. There are selfish arseholes pretending to have medical conditions because they just don't want to follow the rules. They're making things worse for the genuine people.

The people in the second group can get fucked. Especially the ones buying and selling fake sunflower lanyards on ebay. Absolute bottom-feeding scum.

Manchester (she/her)

I do understand that there are those that dont wear to rebel and those that dont care .

Why should it be ok for her to go to work but not go shopping."

That's not how I read what he said.

I'm not saying I can, necessarily. It's not really up to me to identify them. I already have a job.

1. There are people with genuine medical conditions that preclude them from being able to use a facemask.

2. There are selfish arseholes pretending to have medical conditions because they just don't want to follow the rules. They're making things worse for the genuine people.

The people in the second group can get fucked. Especially the ones buying and selling fake sunflower lanyards on ebay. Absolute bottom-feeding scum."

Yes I get what you are saying.

But if it's ok for my wife to go to work through all this.

Surely it's ok for her to go shopping without her mask.

Why should it be ok for her to go to work but not go shopping.

That's not how I read what he said."

Its in black and white in the first paragraph of his post.

But whatever.

Off to gym

"But he did say use online for shopping thats why I posted what I posted.

Why should it be ok for her to go to work but not go shopping."

If I was living through the worst public health crisis in a century and I had a condition that made me vulnerable, I would not be espicially keen to rub shoulders with the Great British Public without protection.

If home delivery or click & collect were made available to me as a priority, I'd be all over it. It would make no sense to me to willingly walk into a potentially hazardous environment unprotected when there were other, safer options available.

This is why I pick up my parents' shopping for them rather than let my dad, who has a form of leukaemia wander around the shops where the unwashed masses can cough on him. Or rather I did, until the home delivery option stopped getting hammered by the panic buyers. Now they're quite happy to order online and let it come to them.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Ebola, HIV, SARS, MARBURG, SMALLPOX, HANTA, DENGUE and can you tell me why patients suffering from COVID develop Cytokine Storm if no disease is present. Thanks.

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Ebola, HIV, SARS, MARBURG, SMALLPOX, HANTA, DENGUE and can you tell me why patients suffering from COVID develop Cytokine Storm if no disease is present. Thanks."

Ah, that'll be the 5G, innit?

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

Apparently young people don’t need to wear masks , practice social distancing, and sanatise their hands

The people in the second group can get fucked. Especially the ones buying and selling fake sunflower lanyards on ebay. Absolute bottom-feeding scum.

Yes I get what you are saying.

But if it's ok for my wife to go to work through all this.

Surely it's ok for her to go shopping without her mask."

Also a keyworker here and also worked right through. The massive difference which your wife will attest to is the numbers of people in the shops at the start of lockdown vs now. When first I was going to the shops there were maybe 1 or 2 people in any given shop at any given time, as things relaxed and shops got screens etc numbers increased to 5-6 people. Long term it is not sustainable to limit numbers so drastically so the shop must let more people in but rely on the good will (laws are policed by public consent) of their patrons to engage in some safety measures themselves to protect each other.

Much thanks to your wife for the work she did.

Dudley

The only time she stayed off work through all this is when she had the virus."

Nobody said that. If she cannot wear a mask due to health reasons then she's exempt from wearing a mask.

Dudley

The only time she stayed off work through all this is when she had the virus.

Nobody said that. If she cannot wear a mask due to health reasons then she's exempt from wearing a mask. "

That made no sense but I know what I meant.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

[Removed by poster at 20/08/20 22:42:39]

By *om girlCouple (FF)  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Well said

If mask was so important why so many month delay

And even now some scientists say they do more harm than good

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Well said

And even now some scientists say they do more harm than good"

You will always get the odd person who advises against the general consensus. As for the delay, we don't wear masks to avoid flu in the winter. When covid first appeared this approach was taken. Anyone who has had flu will tell you that you can't get out of bed and therefore you aren't going to be in shops. Many people with covid are asymptomatic so will be carrying on life as normal but spreading a virus with a higher R rate than flu. We know this now which is why the advice changed.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

I'm in Scotland. 99% are wearing masks in the area I live in even though they were introduced a few weeks before England. Perhaps something to do with the respect for the way the Nicola Sturgeon is handling covid compared to Boris Johnson? For the record, I voted to No and have never voted SNP.

I'm in Scotland. 99% are wearing masks in the area I live in even though they were introduced a few weeks before England. Perhaps something to do with the respect for the way the Nicola Sturgeon is handling covid compared to Boris Johnson? For the record, I voted to No and have never voted SNP."

Nicola has done a good job compared to BJ. In Cornwall it seems to me to me that apart from the odd belligerent person the only identifiable group of society who are ignoring the rules are teenagers/under 30s..

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Well said

And even now some scientists say they do more harm than good"

Which scientists? Link, please.

Ah, the virus forum. Always useful for identifying the nutjobs....

On Mars they have a social crediting system and government compliance earns martian citizens lots of points on their credit score.... Did I say mars? I meant China "

They don’t have to get it right 100% of the time. Nobody can do that. That have to advise what they feel is right at the time. Whether you agree or not is immaterial. It should be compulsory to wear one or no entry/access or places or transport without a mask or visor. Compulsory. Better to do something than nothing and if people wash their hands, keep their distance and wear a mask of visor then ALL viruses and bacteria will be reduced. I don’t get what the issue is.

People are behaving like tantruming children - they can’t do what they want in the way they want and don’t like being told what to do. It’s pretty daft but unfortunately has consequences for others. Just wear the mask.

Wiltshire and London

"Ah, the virus forum. Always useful for identifying the nutjobs...."

It’s more like the facepalm column much of the time, god help us.

Manchester (she/her)

They don’t have to get it right 100% of the time. Nobody can do that. That have to advise what they feel is right at the time. Whether you agree or not is immaterial. It should be compulsory to wear one or no entry/access or places or transport without a mask or visor. Compulsory. Better to do something than nothing and if people wash their hands, keep their distance and wear a mask of visor then ALL viruses and bacteria will be reduced. I don’t get what the issue is.

People are behaving like tantruming children - they can’t do what they want in the way they want and don’t like being told what to do. It’s pretty daft but unfortunately has consequences for others. Just wear the mask. "

I don't want to eat my vegetables, Mummy. I don't love you, you're a communist!

Eat your vegetables. Wear the mask.

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I'm guessing you're a fully paid up member of the Flat Earthers society too If not check out their website and videos at https://flatearthers.org/

liverpool

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I'm guessing you're a fully paid up member of the Flat Earthers society too If not check out their website and videos at https://flatearthers.org/"

Readers all around the globe

Wiltshire and London

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

I'm guessing you're a fully paid up member of the Flat Earthers society too If not check out their website and videos at https://flatearthers.org/

Readers all around the globe "

The plain truth?

By *aver999Couple  over a year ago

East Mids

"Readers all around the globe "

If it was we'd have all fallen off by now, that gravity thing is just a theory never been proved apparently, like this virus malarkey

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

"

A.) Microbiologist, not virologist. I just have prior knowledge of the subject from my MA. Please read and quote accordingly.

B.) Your attacks seem to be focused on government policy, not the scientific literature. If you scratched the surface you'd find that a lot of the scientists who have been consulted or doing research for COVID modelling and the response are not happy. Government policies to favour the economy and the not suffer public opinion hits has overridden the scientific advise.

C.) The advise to wear something is nudge theory. Basically get people to wear something, get used to the routine of wearing something if a vaccine takes longer. Anyone with two braincells should know a suitable clinical mask would be better. The reason why this was not issued from the get go is that national and international demand for PPE outstripped supply. It had to be prioritised for medical workers.

D.) WHO findings. Firstly cute the study. Secondly, if it's what I think you are referring to, no, you have read what you want to hear from the study. The study I presume you are referring to states asymptomatic transmission is statistically lower in non-confined locations. Not that it is rare.

E.) German scientists - please provide a reference.

F.) Again, this is government policy because our government can't test quick enough. The scientific literature says do not do this. But our government has completely mishandled this situation and the scientific community has raised this.

Why are shop staff not wearing masks. If one of them have it and cough or sneeze anyone can get it our eyes are open to germs too. Also majority of people don’t wash all packets and tins so still confuses me why staff don’t heed them.

Manchester (she/her)

"Why are shop staff not wearing masks. If one of them have it and cough or sneeze anyone can get it our eyes are open to germs too. Also majority of people don’t wash all packets and tins so still confuses me why staff don’t heed them. "

Because that's the decision the government made, for better or worse

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Why are shop staff not wearing masks. If one of them have it and cough or sneeze anyone can get it our eyes are open to germs too. Also majority of people don’t wash all packets and tins so still confuses me why staff don’t heed them. "

The supermarket and shops I use are all wearing them.

Yeah all the costumers cause here in Peterborough only the costumers use workers is not mandatory at least is what it says on the front door before you go in to B&M Virans QD Iceland and CO Operative

People are behaving like tantruming children - they can’t do what they want in the way they want and don’t like being told what to do. It’s pretty daft but unfortunately has consequences for others. Just wear the mask.

Eat your vegetables. Wear the mask."

Vegetables are good for you so why not. Behave like a child and you will be treated as such.

Eat your vegetables. Wear the mask.

Vegetables are good for you so why not. Behave like a child and you will be treated as such. "

Because they make me gag when I try to eat them.

I can eat uncooked veg but cant even stand the smell of cooked veg .

By *elly babesCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

They do it's just the flat earthers who don't

By *iss judgedWoman  over a year ago

North Bucks is where I hang around..

You're exempt

You're police

You're nurse

You're staff

Bet you’re an anti vaxxer too!

» Add a new message to this topic