FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > post holiday quarantine

post holiday quarantine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *istyblue1967 OP   Man  over a year ago

manchester

after a spanish holiday could i get tested and if the result is negative go back to work ????

tia

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"after a spanish holiday could i get tested and if the result is negative go back to work ????

tia"

No, you will have to quarantine for 14 days.

manchester

what a pain

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

"after a spanish holiday could i get tested and if the result is negative go back to work ????

tia"

No, because it takes at up to 5 days for the virus to give a positive result (you could catch it on the plane back for instance), and some people are asymptomatic, and could be spreading it all over the place believing themselves to be fine. It really amazes me that anyone would currently be considering an unnecessary trip abroad atm

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I think the sweeney may have bigger fish to fry, don't lose any sleep over it

manchester

its cost me £2500 for this holiday.

if i cancel i will lose it.

if jet2 cancel i should get my money back

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

"I think the sweeney may have bigger fish to fry, don't lose any sleep over it "

So you’re suggesting he shouldn’t isolate upon his return?

"I think the sweeney may have bigger fish to fry, don't lose any sleep over it "

No but his employers and workmates might lose sleep over it if they have to shut down.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"its cost me £2500 for this holiday.

if i cancel i will lose it.

if jet2 cancel i should get my money back"

When is your holiday ?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think the sweeney may have bigger fish to fry, don't lose any sleep over it

No but his employers and workmates might lose sleep over it if they have to shut down. "

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Have a lovely time OP.

It’s worth having a word with your employer. Mine allows you to work from home during the quarantine period.

manchester

i fly on tuesday.

i dont really want to quarantine . id happily accept a refund.

i can work from home but rather not.

im not looking forward to hols

Leeds

You are saying that Jet2 is flying to Spain on Tuesday and hasn't cancelled your holiday ?

Leeds

The UK Government says only essential travel to Spain is permitted at present

manchester

that is correct hun

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

No but his employers and workmates might lose sleep over it if they have to shut down. "

Think people overlook this bit: or simply don't care.

Manchester (she/her)

"that is correct hun"

Holidays aren't essential travel...

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think they are looking at testing at the airport and then a few days later. To stop people having to quarantine.

I know if you have symptoms and get a test that if its negative you can stop isolating... so would assume its the same with holidays

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

They might not even care. I saw someone put MR Magoo and contact number 999 on a government form other day and they just laughed and said that ones quite common , it’s all just a to look like we’re doing the right thing no one does anything with the info, they do t know what to do anyway

By *S_CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Near Leeds

"i fly on tuesday.

i dont really want to quarantine . id happily accept a refund.

i can work from home but rather not.

im not looking forward to hols "

Give it 24-48 hours mate. Sure another Spain announcement will be out soon.

No but his employers and workmates might lose sleep over it if they have to shut down.

They might not even care. I saw someone put MR Magoo and contact number 999 on a government form other day and they just laughed and said that ones quite common , it’s all just a to look like we’re doing the right thing no one does anything with the info, they do t know what to do anyway "

Which doesn’t change the fact if he’s infected and goes into work and gives it to the other workers. The employers now have to close down and his workmates are on 2 weeks statutory sick pay.

Manchester (she/her)

They might not even care. I saw someone put MR Magoo and contact number 999 on a government form other day and they just laughed and said that ones quite common , it’s all just a to look like we’re doing the right thing no one does anything with the info, they do t know what to do anyway "

People are disgraceful.

By *r. JoystickMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"The UK Government says only essential travel to Spain is permitted at present"

You're somewhat correct, but that doesn't mean a blind but of difference for a number of airlines.

Most will not cancel an outstanding booking (unless there's other circumstances, i.e. They've reduced their services) as frankly that government statement is more of a recommendation than a rule.

Cancelling and claiming is an option in some cases.

As for the holiday itself, depends what's been booked and the companies policies on cancellations/rescheduling etc.

Just ring thing up. Worst case scenario which may be unlikely is while you are there the government ban travel from Spain. You'll have to stay home 14 days when you are back - or hopefully you will respect the rules.

By *ike676767Man  over a year ago

Near Taunton

From a Whitehall source.

There will be spot checks at home addresses using flight manifests and number plate recognition on ferries to check isolation/quarantine compliance.

Thinking is a few early fines at £1,000 each and some naming and shaming will encourage greater compliance.

"From a Whitehall source.

There will be spot checks at home addresses using flight manifests and number plate recognition on ferries to check isolation/quarantine compliance.

Thinking is a few early fines at £1,000 each and some naming and shaming will encourage greater compliance."

It will never happen. They can't even enforce a the other 'rules'.

tia

No, because it takes at up to 5 days for the virus to give a positive result (you could catch it on the plane back for instance), and some people are asymptomatic, and could be spreading it all over the place believing themselves to be fine. It really amazes me that anyone would currently be considering an unnecessary trip abroad atm"

So why do people have to quarantine for two weeks? Why not quarantine for 5 days and then get tested?

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Easier and safer to just stay at home surely

By *J647Couple  over a year ago

Daventry

Wife's company have told all of them anyone traveling abroad, & have to quarantine it will be unpaid leave, any breach will be gross misconduct & instant dismissal, is your job worth trying to bypass quarantine rules

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Thinking is a few early fines at £1,000 each and some naming and shaming will encourage greater compliance."

Oh yeah I’m sure this will happen

By *idsguy4funMan  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Thinking is a few early fines at £1,000 each and some naming and shaming will encourage greater compliance.

Oh yeah I’m sure this will happen "

It’s Border Force who are carrying out the checks and they are taking it quite seriously. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are not enforcing quarantine, they very much are. By calling the numbers and visiting homes of those who have travelled! The police are working alongside when required but in the main it is not just down to the “sweeney”. ( which incidentally refers to the flying squad whom I’m sure are not getting involved )

Completing the form falsely also carries a fine and they are actively using passenger manifests to figure out who does this!

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Easier and safer to just stay at home surely"

Agreed; I do not understand the need to fly off for a holiday in the current circumstances.

Admittedly parts of the UK may be more expensive than normal, but is it worth the extra hassle to go elsewhere? There are plenty of hotspots to visit here...

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Easier and safer to just stay at home surely

Agreed; I do not understand the need to fly off for a holiday in the current circumstances.

Admittedly parts of the UK may be more expensive than normal, but is it worth the extra hassle to go elsewhere? There are plenty of hotspots to visit here..."

Oldham nice this time of year... And quite the hot-spot apparently and no quarantine required.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"that is correct hun

Holidays aren't essential travel..."

All travel isn’t a holiday though, some people have work abroad, businesses or their family are there, some having lost relatives. We have a house in Spain and not been able to go since December and are desperate to get out there for various reasons but have had every flight cancelled the last 5 months and now the quarantine business obviously puts another stop to it. I think I would be more likely to catch covid in the UK than Spain as where we are they have hardly even affected the whole 6 months where as here there’s an abundance of people who have total disregard to how they should be keeping themselves and others safe.

"that is correct hun

All travel isn’t a holiday though, some people have work abroad, businesses or their family are there, some having lost relatives. We have a house in Spain and not been able to go since December and are desperate to get out there for various reasons but have had every flight cancelled the last 5 months and now the quarantine business obviously puts another stop to it. I think I would be more likely to catch covid in the UK than Spain as where we are they have hardly even affected the whole 6 months where as here there’s an abundance of people who have total disregard to how they should be keeping themselves and others safe. "

By *wiprRightForMeMan  over a year ago

spain

Is it just me and over thinking things, but are we being forced to stay and holiday in the UK, seems to me that holiday favourite destinations are gradually being added to the 14 day quarantine list, Portugal, Spain, so people get their holidays cancelled and make alternative arrangements to say Greece, Croatia, Turkey oh and then the UK government see this then add them to the list what next, Italy???

If it was not so expensive to holiday in the UK then I for one would gladly spend my holiday in the UK, i.e. buy a pint of beer in the UK while on holiday £4/£5 but a beer in Spain 2 euro some places cheaper, ok their is the UK weather but I guess that's out of the UK governments hands OR IS IT, me personally think its about controlling us

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Is it just me and over thinking things, but are we being forced to stay and holiday in the UK, seems to me that holiday favourite destinations are gradually being added to the 14 day quarantine list, Portugal, Spain, so people get their holidays cancelled and make alternative arrangements to say Greece, Croatia, Turkey oh and then the UK government see this then add them to the list what next, Italy???

If it was not so expensive to holiday in the UK then I for one would gladly spend my holiday in the UK, i.e. buy a pint of beer in the UK while on holiday £4/£5 but a beer in Spain 2 euro some places cheaper, ok their is the UK weather but I guess that's out of the UK governments hands OR IS IT, me personally think its about controlling us "

Great logic, spend a few grand to save €3 on a pint. Are you an alcoholic

Manchester (she/her)

"that is correct hun

All travel isn’t a holiday though, some people have work abroad, businesses or their family are there, some having lost relatives. We have a house in Spain and not been able to go since December and are desperate to get out there for various reasons but have had every flight cancelled the last 5 months and now the quarantine business obviously puts another stop to it. I think I would be more likely to catch covid in the UK than Spain as where we are they have hardly even affected the whole 6 months where as here there’s an abundance of people who have total disregard to how they should be keeping themselves and others safe. "

I didn't say "no one should travel because holidays aren't essential."

There are or will be reasons why people need to travel. Obviously. I just don't see why a holiday falls under essential travel.

And regardless of the risk here, there, or somewhere else, the lowest risk thing I can do for myself or anyone else is not travel.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Oh yeah I’m sure this will happen

It’s Border Force who are carrying out the checks and they are taking it quite seriously. Don’t be fooled into thinking they are not enforcing quarantine, they very much are. By calling the numbers and visiting homes of those who have travelled! The police are working alongside when required but in the main it is not just down to the “sweeney”. ( which incidentally refers to the flying squad whom I’m sure are not getting involved )

Completing the form falsely also carries a fine and they are actively using passenger manifests to figure out who does this!

"

who didn't even check any forms in Manchester

By *urocougarCouple  over a year ago

watton

We arrived back in Australia 3 days ago as I still have a business Here we are now locked in a hotel room for 14 days not allowed out for any reason the police are guarding each level of the hotel and lifts the windows don’t open food is delivered to the room 3 times a day we Been tested twice so far we tested again on the 12 day and allowed to leave on the 14 day if negative again

Then we have a $4000 bill to pay for our stay

How would the British like that After they have there holiday

If it saves one life and stops the spread then isn’t it worth it ?

"We arrived back in Australia 3 days ago as I still have a business Here we are now locked in a hotel room for 14 days not allowed out for any reason the police are guarding each level of the hotel and lifts the windows don’t open food is delivered to the room 3 times a day we Been tested twice so far we tested again on the 12 day and allowed to leave on the 14 day if negative again

"

You're lucky to be in a country that takes the virus seriously.

watton

"We arrived back in Australia 3 days ago as I still have a business Here we are now locked in a hotel room for 14 days not allowed out for any reason the police are guarding each level of the hotel and lifts the windows don’t open food is delivered to the room 3 times a day we Been tested twice so far we tested again on the 12 day and allowed to leave on the 14 day if negative again

You're lucky to be in a country that takes the virus seriously. "

We know ??

We know ??"

Australia has just ordered 25 million doses of Chaddox. They will probably be Covid-19 free while we are still throwing our toys out the cot.

Update

Croatia, Austria and Trinidad and Tobago have been added to quarantine list.

Manchester (she/her)

We know ??

Australia has just ordered 25 million doses of Chaddox. They will probably be Covid-19 free while we are still throwing our toys out the cot."

When ScoMo looks like a good leader, we're all screwed

watton

We know ??

Australia has just ordered 25 million doses of Chaddox. They will probably be Covid-19 free while we are still throwing our toys out the cot."

Yes mandatory vaccination for all Australia I think if you want to travel in future

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We should have planned and organised better. Many countries have much superior systems to the UK. It makes me fear how bad we could get as the country isolates itself more. Tests on arrival and repeatedly over following days, with a shorter quarantine, is far better for the economy and people.

Months after other countries, we're going to start trialling it, charging people many more times what other countries are charging. If there's 1 thing you can rely on in the uk, it's to get a nice earner for mates running businesses.

It helps everyone if we have a stronger tourist industry and also if people have decent health choices and are able to work and earn if possible.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

What about people who have an axe to grind, they would love to report them

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"The UK Government says only essential travel to Spain is permitted at present"

Wonder if the insurance will be valid.....

watton

"We should have planned and organised better. Many countries have much superior systems to the UK. It makes me fear how bad we could get as the country isolates itself more. Tests on arrival and repeatedly over following days, with a shorter quarantine, is far better for the economy and people.

Cost me $6000 for flights $1000 for fit to fly cert and $4000 for quarantine so far

That’s over £5000 to get back to Oz sofar

Months after other countries, we're going to start trialling it, charging people many more times what other countries are charging. If there's 1 thing you can rely on in the uk, it's to get a nice earner for mates running businesses.

It helps everyone if we have a stronger tourist industry and also if people have decent health choices and are able to work and earn if possible. "

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"The UK Government says only essential travel to Spain is permitted at present

Wonder if the insurance will be valid....."

Unlikely

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

[Removed by poster at 21/08/20 02:52:19]

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Update

Croatia, Austria and Trinidad and Tobago have been added to quarantine list."

Portugal has been removed from the quarantine list today

"Wife's company have told all of them anyone traveling abroad, & have to quarantine it will be unpaid leave, any breach will be gross misconduct & instant dismissal, is your job worth trying to bypass quarantine rules"

the OP already said his employer said he can work from home

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

If the government are saying you can't even go to work then they should pay you, if you're forced to quarantine.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

[Removed by poster at 21/08/20 08:41:36]

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Be fucked should the government pay and ultimately that is all tax payers, anyone who has acted grossly irresponsibly by going abroad on holiday at the moment should foot the bill themselves and if they infect anyone with covid they should be locked up

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m off out the country in November. I know the risks but where I’m going has impressively dealt with Covid and is welcoming people with open arms.

If it becomes a quarantine destination I will simply do my bit and work from home when I come back. That’s the chance you take.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"If the government are saying you can't even go to work then they should pay you, if you're forced to quarantine.

"

The government told you not to go ..idiot

chelmsford

If people choose to travel when advised not to, they know they have to quarantine on their return. It's unfortunate if the rules change whilst you are away, but we should all know the risks of that potentially happening.

Manchester (she/her)

"If people choose to travel when advised not to, they know they have to quarantine on their return. It's unfortunate if the rules change whilst you are away, but we should all know the risks of that potentially happening."

I'm not sure why we have to be told that we shouldn't be travelling during an international health crisis

Manchester (she/her)

"If people choose to travel when advised not to, they know they have to quarantine on their return. It's unfortunate if the rules change whilst you are away, but we should all know the risks of that potentially happening.

I'm not sure why we have to be told that we shouldn't be travelling during an international health crisis "

... Obviously there are reasons why you have to.

Holiday is not one of them.

chelmsford

"If people choose to travel when advised not to, they know they have to quarantine on their return. It's unfortunate if the rules change whilst you are away, but we should all know the risks of that potentially happening.

I'm not sure why we have to be told that we shouldn't be travelling during an international health crisis "

No me neither, makes no sense.

chelmsford

I'm not sure why we have to be told that we shouldn't be travelling during an international health crisis

... Obviously there are reasons why you have to.

Holiday is not one of them."

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Abta only just decided to stick up for customers as some online travel agents, on the beach and love holidays are refusing refunds if the flight goes ahead.

If a family has paid out thousands but are being forced to travel as the flights are not cancelled how is that fair? On the beach actually stated it's advice not law so ignore the fco

It's an awful situation without clear legislation so before telling people to just stay in England, are you prepared to repay them thousands?

Yeah true...I've arrived from Portugal and been 2 weeks at home..after 2 weeks of holiday plus we had to fill a form online or we weren't aloud to the country.

"Yeah true...I've arrived from Portugal and been 2 weeks at home..after 2 weeks of holiday plus we had to fill a form online or we weren't aloud to the country. "

That's unlucky because Portugal is to be taken off the list.

"Yeah true...I've arrived from Portugal and been 2 weeks at home..after 2 weeks of holiday plus we had to fill a form online or we weren't aloud to the country.

That's unlucky because Portugal is to be taken off the list. "

Rub the salt in

[Removed by poster at 21/08/20 17:57:23]

Yeh the government might have said essential travel only but if the airlines are still flying out there , you have 2 options you go on your holidays or YOU loose your money if they don’t cancel it , I’m lucky my boss is going to pay me for my two weeks if I have to quarantine. But I’m sure the rules will change soon again

"Yeah true...I've arrived from Portugal and been 2 weeks at home..after 2 weeks of holiday plus we had to fill a form online or we weren't aloud to the country.

That's unlucky because Portugal is to be taken off the list. "

I didn't mind mate and yeah I seen on tv ..well all I did was follow the rules...better safe than sorry.

chelmsford

That's unlucky because Portugal is to be taken off the list. I didn't mind mate and yeah I seen on tv ..well all I did was follow the rules...better safe than sorry."

Well done you

That's unlucky because Portugal is to be taken off the list. I didn't mind mate and yeah I seen on tv ..well all I did was follow the rules...better safe than sorry."

» Add a new message to this topic