FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mixed rules

Mixed rules

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

So my loyalty card was not allowed to be stamped in the hairdressers but got stamped in the nail bar and one dress i took back no problem to a shop but the other shop wanted me to isolate dress for 3days in my own house. All these different rules are confusing and quite frankly a pain in the arse.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Does seem bizarre for them to think that if an item of clothing is in someone's house for x days it's ok?

Thought they were putting them out the back for a day or two..

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Does seem bizarre for them to think that if an item of clothing is in someone's house for x days it's ok?

Thought they were putting them out the back for a day or two.."

Shop was too small to store it apparently. Just annoyed that i took it back next day and had to take it home again and return it 3days later.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

There's a lot of not sure what we should be doing so let's do this at the moment..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Does seem bizarre for them to think that if an item of clothing is in someone's house for x days it's ok?

Thought they were putting them out the back for a day or two.."

You didn't believe that did you

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"So my loyalty card was not allowed to be stamped in the hairdressers but got stamped in the nail bar and one dress i took back no problem to a shop but the other shop wanted me to isolate dress for 3days in my own house. All these different rules are confusing and quite frankly a pain in the arse."

Shops by us quarantine clothes when they go back.

"So my loyalty card was not allowed to be stamped in the hairdressers but got stamped in the nail bar and one dress i took back no problem to a shop but the other shop wanted me to isolate dress for 3days in my own house. All these different rules are confusing and quite frankly a pain in the arse.

Shops by us quarantine clothes when they go back."

Rules say 3 days quarantine before back on sale. Don't specify where. Just business trying to comply so go with it....

"So my loyalty card was not allowed to be stamped in the hairdressers but got stamped in the nail bar and one dress i took back no problem to a shop but the other shop wanted me to isolate dress for 3days in my own house. All these different rules are confusing and quite frankly a pain in the arse.

Shops by us quarantine clothes when they go back.

Rules say 3 days quarantine before back on sale. Don't specify where. Just business trying to comply so go with it...."

but if its stored in the customers house and the customer touches it to bring it back to the shop and return it then it hadn’t actually been quarantined at all ... its not the transaction of paying for it that can contaminate it... its it being touched by multiple people which it is again at return point and therefore needs another quarantine anyway

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I don't understand why there is so much confusion. It's quite simple. The novel coronavirus can live 12-72 hours on surfaces, depending on the surface. Unfortunately some clothing material it's closer to 72 hours so returned clothing needs to be quarantined for 72 hours.

As the poster above said, keeping it at home 72 hours then returning it is useless and non-compliant with the rules. The shop needs to have an area where they guarantee the returned clothing hasn't been touched by anyone for 72 hours. If they cannot because the shop is too small, they cannot accept returns for resale.

Not stamping loyalty cards might be sensible to avoid staff members touching many cards during the day. It reduces the risk of them touching that one contaminated card that might come their way. Hence contactless payments over PIN or cash. The less we touch things others have touched, the lower the risk.

It's really not rocket science. But I'm even having issues for the upcoming new school term. Guidance says we can do science experiments if the apparatus is quarantined 72 hours before being either stored away or given to a different bubble of students/staff. So I need a quarantine area, and my HoD just doesn't understand this. "Can't you just wash it?"....well in theory the guidance says full submersion in Milton solution but I can't do that with electronics or especially delicate apparatus. The first round of Y7 lessons involves every kid using microsscopes which have electric lamps built in....

Thought they were putting them out the back for a day or two..

Shop was too small to store it apparently. Just annoyed that i took it back next day and had to take it home again and return it 3days later."

I wouldn't be shopping at such a place if they do that as they haven't a clue where the dress was stored and it would be the same for any other purchases you may make from there.

By *andR510Couple  over a year ago

St Neots/Wisbech

Anyone else find it odd that dresses and other items of clothing have to be quarantined, yet parcels, packages and letters are all safe ?

This nonsense about there being no evidence to suggest the post is carrying the virus but a pair of jeans or skirt could be is utterly ridiculous.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

I think the guidelines are quite simple but some people have just misunderstood them. Asking you to take your dress home for an extra 3 days is just ridiculous and I would have laughed when they suggested it.

I’ve been doing most of my shopping online as I can’t be doing with all the different rules, people ignoring rules, mask wearing etc.

Lou x

Luton

"Anyone else find it odd that dresses and other items of clothing have to be quarantined, yet parcels, packages and letters are all safe ?

This nonsense about there being no evidence to suggest the post is carrying the virus but a pair of jeans or skirt could be is utterly ridiculous.

"

It depends on the material. The virus does not live long on cardboard. It can live up to 12 hours on plastic, 48-72 on clothing and 72 on aluminium.

So postal boxes, Amazon deliveries are much safer than 'used' clothes.

St Neots/Wisbech

"Anyone else find it odd that dresses and other items of clothing have to be quarantined, yet parcels, packages and letters are all safe ?

It depends on the material. The virus does not live long on cardboard. It can live up to 12 hours on plastic, 48-72 on clothing and 72 on aluminium.

So postal boxes, Amazon deliveries are much safer than 'used' clothes.

"

Not sure where you got your info from, but this source is far more accurate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fitness/body/does-coronavirus-live-different-surfaces/

Luton

I got my information from a lab which has tested coronavirus viability on various surfaces.

St Neots/Wisbech

"I got my information from a lab which has tested coronavirus viability on various surfaces. "

Is it more conclusive than the WHO or university of Exeter ?

Feel free to name this lab and I'll check out their published results for myself.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

It’s a lot of bollocks. The notion of quarantining clothes etc, then the girl puts them back on sale, then the next customer picks it up.... best we be realistic and not pretend to have effective controls!

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

You don't catch covid through your skin. Just try to avoid picking your nose or sticking your finger in your eye.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So my loyalty card was not allowed to be stamped in the hairdressers but got stamped in the nail bar and one dress i took back no problem to a shop but the other shop wanted me to isolate dress for 3days in my own house. All these different rules are confusing and quite frankly a pain in the arse."
It is funny but thats life,I think the isolate for three days is rubbish,they can do that

» Add a new message to this topic