FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Zero Covid- a new strategy

Zero Covid- a new strategy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well if you have’ t heard of it you probably will soon.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-zero-covid-strategy-a4530041.html%3famp

Would like to hear people opinions on the group’s recommendations.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If it's a high grade of information that is worthy of attention, it's probably worth the op taking the effort to write a summary

"If it's a high grade of information that is worthy of attention, it's probably worth the op taking the effort to write a summary "

Will certainly do my best to summarise.

To do list-

1. Sort out test and trace- delegate it to local authorities as it is likely to be more successful at contacting more in contacts

2. Mass continuous testing of high risk areas of transmission- factories, schools, certain transports ( tube)

3. Set a target for daily cases per 100 k people

4. Test all in coming travellers into this country at least once if not twice and monitor movements.

Eventual Aims/Goals

Reduce the overall incidence of Covid to

1. Reduce the death rate- more importantly reduce morbidity( ie any long term effects of Covid)

2. Allow the economy to open up more fully than now

3. Allow normal life to resume much more than now for all ages both young and old -make social distancing a thing of the past.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just been looking at pics of a water park party in Wuhan with thousands of people. No social distancing, no face masks...

It's where we should be right now if we had done things right.

More importantly it's where we COULD be if we, as a collective, got our heads out of our backsides. The same people moaning about how this is never ending are the same people who maintain the status quo through their inability to accept reality.

"Just been looking at pics of a water park party in Wuhan with thousands of people. No social distancing, no face masks...

More importantly it's where we COULD be if we, as a collective, got our heads out of our backsides. The same people moaning about how this is never ending are the same people who maintain the status quo through their inability to accept reality. "

I wouldn’t go down the blame game route- which is what this cross party committee is about- the blame game/ enquires are for later .

These are the recommendations for what we need to do now. This will only happen if the government decide to do so ....... it’s up to Dominic, I mean Boris

Central

"If it's a high grade of information that is worthy of attention, it's probably worth the op taking the effort to write a summary

To do list-

1. Sort out test and trace- delegate it to local authorities as it is likely to be more successful at contacting more in contacts

2. Mass continuous testing of high risk areas of transmission- factories, schools, certain transports ( tube)

4. Test all in coming travellers into this country at least once if not twice and monitor movements.

Eventual Aims/Goals

1. Reduce the death rate- more importantly reduce morbidity( ie any long term effects of Covid)

3. Allow normal life to resume much more than now for all ages both young and old -make social distancing a thing of the past.

"

Thank you.

We've largely seemed to have learned how to make mistakes and to aim low, despite all of the waffle about world beating. These sound better ideas coming through.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"

"

Most local authorities that I have had experience of can't properly organsise bin collections on a weekly basis . . .

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I might also add that most LA's probably wouldn't want to do it - it's very much the poison chalice of the moment.

"Just been looking at pics of a water park party in Wuhan with thousands of people. No social distancing, no face masks...

More importantly it's where we COULD be if we, as a collective, got our heads out of our backsides. The same people moaning about how this is never ending are the same people who maintain the status quo through their inability to accept reality.

I wouldn’t go down the blame game route- which is what this cross party committee is about- the blame game/ enquires are for later .

These are the recommendations for what we need to do now. This will only happen if the government decide to do so ....... it’s up to Dominic, I mean Boris"

You're right. It's not about blame. Assigning blame won't bring anyone back to life.

It's about learning our lesson and doing the same things that other nations did to fight this virus.

You don't have to be on this forum long to realise that some people, after all this time have learned nothing.

"

Most local authorities that I have had experience of can't properly organsise bin collections on a weekly basis . . . "

Why do you think we started of with herd immunity? Maybe it's because we knew that doing SFA is the only thing we can do without f-ing it up

"If it's a high grade of information that is worthy of attention, it's probably worth the op taking the effort to write a summary

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

"

Have I missed something, has this not been the strategy from the start. Most of these goals were always being sought, only the methodology has varied.

"

Most local authorities that I have had experience of can't properly organsise bin collections on a weekly basis . . .

Why do you think we started of with herd immunity? Maybe it's because we knew that doing SFA is the only thing we can do without f-ing it up "

The herd immunity idea is a flawed idea based on influenza models rather than corona viruses

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

Have I missed something, has this not been the strategy from the start. Most of these goals were always being sought, only the methodology has varied. "

Mass testing - definitely not. Only symptomatic patients - this new method involves testing everyone weekly.

The government have never set a target for virus elimination- suppressing yes

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

Have I missed something, has this not been the strategy from the start. Most of these goals were always being sought, only the methodology has varied. "

Our initial strategy was to keep schools and workplaces open, borders open, our Prime Minister was at an international ruby match, at the Cheltenham Festival 60 000 racegoers were in attendance every afternoon... it was a strategy of herd immunity in everything but name.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

More importantly it's where we COULD be if we, as a collective, got our heads out of our backsides. The same people moaning about how this is never ending are the same people who maintain the status quo through their inability to accept reality. "

If only we lived in a totalitarian regime eh comrade?

If only we lived in a totalitarian regime eh comrade? "

I'd rather have a poor system of governance that makes good decisions than a good system of governance that makes one distasterous decision after another.

It's not like our government's ineptitude has diminished public confidence, so effectively we have a one party state that can do as it pleases.

If only we lived in a totalitarian regime eh comrade? "

Doesn’t have to be Totalitarian

eg Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand.

Covid is controlling the limit of our freedom. It’s a nasty virus that can have long term side effects for even those with mild infections.

We need to stamp it out to allow us to return to more freedom

"

Most local authorities that I have had experience of can't properly organsise bin collections on a weekly basis . . . "

Apologies I should have been more specific- local public health authorities.

They are experts at dealing with contact tracing (Especially STI’s ) and asking the right questions.

Except now PHE is being re organised .....

Covid is controlling the limit of our freedom. It’s a nasty virus that can have long term side effects for even those with mild infections.

We need to stamp it out to allow us to return to more freedom"

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

They are experts at dealing with contact tracing (Especially STI’s ) and asking the right questions.

Except now PHE is being re organised ..... "

Sounds a little bit like trying to change a car tyre whilst still driving...

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Paddling in Wuhan?

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

"

Great strategy but it’s missing step one, the opportunity we missed in December. Elect a competent government that cares about people over profits, instead of a gang of privileged white suprematist crooked arrogant overgrown Etonian Schoolboys along with a few token coconuts who all want to kill poor people and let the rich do whatever they please. The kind of people who say “I think the Royals should be beyond reproach” when confronted with Prince Andrew’s noncing. Proof that Boris believes wealth and privilege actually entitle you have to your way with underage victims. Jesus wept!

Paddling in Wuhan? "

I thought Paddlington came from Peru?

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

Great strategy but it’s missing step one, the opportunity we missed in December. Elect a competent government that cares about people over profits, instead of a gang of privileged white suprematist crooked arrogant overgrown Etonian Schoolboys along with a few token coconuts who all want to kill poor people and let the rich do whatever they please. The kind of people who say “I think the Royals should be beyond reproach” when confronted with Prince Andrew’s noncing. Proof that Boris believes wealth and privilege actually entitle you have to your way with underage victims. Jesus wept!"

, Boris is a big fan of history and legacy- he knows he has made a balls of it and he knows if he does’nt get this virus under control he is not going to last another 4 years in office

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

Great strategy but it’s missing step one, the opportunity we missed in December. Elect a competent government that cares about people over profits, instead of a gang of privileged white suprematist crooked arrogant overgrown Etonian Schoolboys along with a few token coconuts who all want to kill poor people and let the rich do whatever they please. The kind of people who say “I think the Royals should be beyond reproach” when confronted with Prince Andrew’s noncing. Proof that Boris believes wealth and privilege actually entitle you have to your way with underage victims. Jesus wept!

, Boris is a big fan of history and legacy- he knows he has made a balls of it and he knows if he does’nt get this virus under control he is not going to last another 4 years in office "

You might be right, he might know it, then again his arrogance and entitlement is likely to overpower his knowledge of history. He thinks he’s Churchill after all. I do hope you’re right that he won’t last another 4 years. But then will the alternative be better or worse. Seriously hope he isn’t replaced by someone like Jacob Reece-Mogg.

Paddling in Wuhan? "

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

We need to stamp it out to allow us to return to more freedom"

That's true i see new Zealand can detain you indefinitely if travellers don't agree to a test.

Central

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

, Boris is a big fan of history and legacy- he knows he has made a balls of it and he knows if he does’nt get this virus under control he is not going to last another 4 years in office

You might be right, he might know it, then again his arrogance and entitlement is likely to overpower his knowledge of history. He thinks he’s Churchill after all. I do hope you’re right that he won’t last another 4 years. But then will the alternative be better or worse. Seriously hope he isn’t replaced by someone like Jacob Reece-Mogg."

I think it's probably accepted in his party that he won't last 4 years. He was put in to his position to get something forced on to the majority of the population that would harm them, though they could accept it from him, the populist clown-acting incompetent. Little considerable will be given to anyone who isn't going to benefit from their tactics, until closer to the time when they are in need of votes. The country deserves much better, run by people who have a moral compass who don't need to pretend to care about the 'ordinary' citizens. The covid-19 strategy has exposed a mortally bankrupt plan and cabal of loathsome filth.

The majority deserve a strategy against this infection now that helps to rebuild the health and strength of the country and ita citizens, as there's still a long way to go for us to have a safer place to call home.

Central

A few typos in my post Hope you get the drift

That's true i see new Zealand can detain you indefinitely if travellers don't agree to a test. "

It’s better than quarantining everyone that comes back from eg Spain. What a waist- most people will be negative , why not just test them and allow them to live their lives rather than be cooped up for two weeks

That's true i see new Zealand can detain you indefinitely if travellers don't agree to a test.

It’s better than quarantining everyone that comes back from eg Spain. What a waist- most people will be negative , why not just test them and allow them to live their lives rather than be cooped up for two weeks"

You might find that the vulnerable in New Zealand appreciate not having to be worried sick about COVID-19 despite the fact that they being oppressed by a totalitarian regime

I also think Jacinda Ardern is a kick ass Prime Minister. Love the way she responded to Trumps little rant. Class act

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

"

And central test and trace has been a success?

"

Central test and trace( ie run by Serco and Co) has not been successful contacting only in some cases 46% of all

Positive cases.

And central test and trace has been a success? "

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"

why should they organize bin collections in a weekly basis?

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"

Except now PHE is being re organised ..... "

local authorities are the public health authorities, and yes, in unitary areas they do bin collections too.

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

Great strategy but it’s missing step one, the opportunity we missed in December. Elect a competent government that cares about people over profits, instead of a gang of privileged white suprematist crooked arrogant overgrown Etonian Schoolboys along with a few token coconuts who all want to kill poor people and let the rich do whatever they please. The kind of people who say “I think the Royals should be beyond reproach” when confronted with Prince Andrew’s noncing. Proof that Boris believes wealth and privilege actually entitle you have to your way with underage victims. Jesus wept!"

The issue with your rant, and partially the reason it won't happen is this.

Only those kinds of people go into politics.

You won't find a common, true 'for the people' sorta politician, who grew up in a council flat or estate, has a common accent, and went to regular school.

Unicorns aren't real unfortunately.

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

You won't find a common, true 'for the people' sorta politician, who grew up in a council flat or estate, has a common accent, and went to regular school.

Unicorns aren't real unfortunately."

The issue, is that when someone highlights these important truths, some people dismiss it as a ‘rant’.

Another issue is the defeatist attitude that this is all there is and we don’t deserve better.

Your claim that ONLY those types of people go into politics are categorically untrue.

Jacinda Arden? Pretty sure she’s not a white supremacist arrogant Etonian schoolboy. The results achieved by New Zealand having elected a decent human as their PM are clear and prove what the rest of the world could achieve.

The specific kind of politician you claim doesn’t exist.... ever herd of Dennis Skinner? Mhairi Black? Not sure what kind of school Glenda Jackson went to or how important her accent is, but there’s another example of a politician who is for the people.

C’mon, we deserve better than a disgraced ex-journalist with a reputation for lying. Don’t let Newscorp, The Daily Mail and the Russian bots on social media convince you that there isn’t an alternative.

Central

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

The issue, is that when someone highlights these important truths, some people dismiss it as a ‘rant’.

Another issue is the defeatist attitude that this is all there is and we don’t deserve better.

Your claim that ONLY those types of people go into politics are categorically untrue.

Jacinda Arden? Pretty sure she’s not a white supremacist arrogant Etonian schoolboy. The results achieved by New Zealand having elected a decent human as their PM are clear and prove what the rest of the world could achieve.

The specific kind of politician you claim doesn’t exist.... ever herd of Dennis Skinner? Mhairi Black? Not sure what kind of school Glenda Jackson went to or how important her accent is, but there’s another example of a politician who is for the people.

C’mon, we deserve better than a disgraced ex-journalist with a reputation for lying. Don’t let Newscorp, The Daily Mail and the Russian bots on social media convince you that there isn’t an alternative."

We set our sights too low here, preferring to doff caps to some self-entitled bullies who are assured of their privilege to take from the masses as much as they want. The masses quietly endure what is meted out to them, whether it's having people getting found dead, through being too poor to eat or others who like the indoctrination of all being in ir together, whatever the faux or real crisis is, whilst over-lords consistently get richer, from their suffering.

The New Zealand premier is outstanding and her goals should have been ours too. That people here admire the Johnsons, Trumps etc, is blood curdlingly shocking. They'll appreciate a mantra of 'world beating', then passively turn on others who are less fortunate, as the reality of having an imposed third-rate botch at everything, that was designed to make them suffer, hardly enters their consciousness. Forever clinging to some comfort blanket of the past, when the foundations of the workhouse-like life conditions were made, squeezing their wellbeing to create riches for others, at any cost, that's viewed as a golden age of world power. Tragic that so many months have been lost in the eradication of this virus here, albeit whilst unfettered access to public money has been enabled, leeching from the people what is rightfully theirs, and when visionary leaders elsewhere have been achieving so much more.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

C’mon, we deserve better than a disgraced ex-journalist with a reputation for lying. Don’t let Newscorp, The Daily Mail and the Russian bots on social media convince you that there isn’t an alternative.

We set our sights too low here, preferring to doff caps to some self-entitled bullies who are assured of their privilege to take from the masses as much as they want. The masses quietly endure what is meted out to them, whether it's having people getting found dead, through being too poor to eat or others who like the indoctrination of all being in ir together, whatever the faux or real crisis is, whilst over-lords consistently get richer, from their suffering.

The New Zealand premier is outstanding and her goals should have been ours too. That people here admire the Johnsons, Trumps etc, is blood curdlingly shocking. They'll appreciate a mantra of 'world beating', then passively turn on others who are less fortunate, as the reality of having an imposed third-rate botch at everything, that was designed to make them suffer, hardly enters their consciousness. Forever clinging to some comfort blanket of the past, when the foundations of the workhouse-like life conditions were made, squeezing their wellbeing to create riches for others, at any cost, that's viewed as a golden age of world power. Tragic that so many months have been lost in the eradication of this virus here, albeit whilst unfettered access to public money has been enabled, leeching from the people what is rightfully theirs, and when visionary leaders elsewhere have been achieving so much more. "

Too many in this country believe if you went to Eton and can speak Latin..you were born to rule.

We live in a hierarchical society..look at the deference shown to the royal family.

The papers tell us what to think.. who to vote for.. who to hate..and anyone who dares to challenge the status quo is savaged.We should be grateful for what we have got..a 1% pay rise for keeping the country afloat..you should be happy you have a job.

Paul Weller had it right.

To do list-

Eventual Aims/Goals

The New Zealand premier is outstanding and her goals should have been ours too. That people here admire the Johnsons, Trumps etc, is blood curdlingly shocking. They'll appreciate a mantra of 'world beating', then passively turn on others who are less fortunate, as the reality of having an imposed third-rate botch at everything, that was designed to make them suffer, hardly enters their consciousness. Forever clinging to some comfort blanket of the past, when the foundations of the workhouse-like life conditions were made, squeezing their wellbeing to create riches for others, at any cost, that's viewed as a golden age of world power. Tragic that so many months have been lost in the eradication of this virus here, albeit whilst unfettered access to public money has been enabled, leeching from the people what is rightfully theirs, and when visionary leaders elsewhere have been achieving so much more. "

» Add a new message to this topic