FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > need more warming!

need more warming!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lexeaton OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock Chase Area

Is it just me or do others get really annoyed when they hear people say they need more warning about sudden quarantine rules from abroad. If you really must go abroad then that's the risk you take, and that suddenly the rules can change. Tough luck, I chose not to go anywhere for this reason.

That's my moan over, back to enjoying Saturday!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's reasonable that our government servants provide us with information promptly, where it involves increased risks to our wellbeing.

This would better support individuals as well as businesses, so is a win-win, for people and the economy.

With the UK infection growth rates seemingly increasing, it's possible that the other countries will be at higher risk from our travelling.

People who have made investments in to holidays, possibly their largest expenditure of the year, planned well in advance etc, don't deserve to be sneered at, when they are subject to restrictions that will affect both their investments as well as their future employment and more.

Cautionary advice can be issued and it's right that we expect a transparent government.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think everyone who goes on holiday knows there is a risk of catching the virus or changes in quarantine. That's the risk taken when it's booked. Unfortunately that cheap holiday don't look so great now in some of these places.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

What more warning could people need? They announce changes & guidelines days before they act on them

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There's a stark choice. Go on holiday abroad and risk having to quarantine or come home early at great expense or don't go on holiday.

We're going to go on our scheduled trip and if we need to quarantine when we get back we will. However we're lucky in that we can.

I'm not sure what people expect, we're in the midst of a pandemic, WHO say they expect it to last 2 years, nobody really has any control over it so the best we can do is take precautions. Those precautions will never suit everyone.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I think it's reasonable that our government servants provide us with information promptly, where it involves increased risks to our wellbeing.

This would better support individuals as well as businesses, so is a win-win, for people and the economy.

With the UK infection growth rates seemingly increasing, it's possible that the other countries will be at higher risk from our travelling.

People who have made investments in to holidays, possibly their largest expenditure of the year, planned well in advance etc, don't deserve to be sneered at, when they are subject to restrictions that will affect both their investments as well as their future employment and more.

Cautionary advice can be issued and it's right that we expect a transparent government. "

Cautionary advice is issued every day on every station. You'd have to be unbelievably dim not to understand we are in a pandemic and not to have heard that if you do travel then guidance can change at any time. Roll the dice and if people have gambled and had a lovely holiday... Good for them... but it's on you and nobody else.. (not you bit you...)

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I think it's reasonable that our government servants provide us with information promptly, where it involves increased risks to our wellbeing.

Cautionary advice can be issued and it's right that we expect a transparent government.

Cautionary advice is issued every day on every station. You'd have to be unbelievably dim not to understand we are in a pandemic and not to have heard that if you do travel then guidance can change at any time. Roll the dice and if people have gambled and had a lovely holiday... Good for them... but it's on you and nobody else.. (not you bit you...) "

This..

Some people won't take any notice even if they are aware, but it's been a hard few months thus far for some so can see why they are taking heed but going anyway..

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Go on hols abroad and you risk a 14 day restriction on your return. How clear does the warning need to be?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I went away. I kept checking on the uk government website and I had chosen to go somewhere that the chances of being quarantined from were very limited

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

[Removed by poster at 22/08/20 12:09:38]

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

But isn't that why people go abroad ?

To get more warMing

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m going abroad in November. Hopefully won’t have to quarantine upon my return based on the information available to me now.

However if the situation changes that’s the risk you take and I will suck it up and do the necessary quarantine working from home.

People should be prepared for that eventuality if not stay at home.

"Is it just me or do others get really annoyed when they hear people say they need more warning about sudden quarantine rules from abroad. If you really must go abroad then that's the risk you take, and that suddenly the rules can change. Tough luck, I chose not to go anywhere for this reason.

"

The only Caveat I would make is that perhaps you booked the holiday before the pandemic and the holiday company you booked with are being awkward with a refund,

Not all of us can afford to lose a couple of thousand or whatever, however if you booked after march 23rd then I don't have much sympathy for you. C'est la vie. It's the new normal.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Is it just me or do others get really annoyed when they hear people say they need more warning about sudden quarantine rules from abroad. If you really must go abroad then that's the risk you take, and that suddenly the rules can change. Tough luck, I chose not to go anywhere for this reason.

The only Caveat I would make is that perhaps you booked the holiday before the pandemic and the holiday company you booked with are being awkward with a refund,

Not all of us can afford to lose a couple of thousand or whatever, however if you booked after march 23rd then I don't have much sympathy for you. C'est la vie. It's the new normal."

It is... We have been blessed with cheap and inconsequential travel for decades now... And now it's changed. For a while.

The new normal seems to be people are unable to fart on their own without being told by the government. Or demanding someone else is to blame. Its harder than it was, pause for thought, play by the rules and we will all be better and get through it quicker

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"

I went on holiday in January and February when it was just getting serious, I was checked entering Indonesia, there was a nice A4 warning notice advising me to seek medical attention if unwell on returning to the UK...

I read afterwards about some people getting stuck for months on the remote isolated island I stayed on, with the worlds most amazing diving, (population of the island is about 150 people) I was a bit envious of them

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Cautionary advice is issued every day on every station. You'd have to be unbelievably dim not to understand we are in a pandemic and not to have heard that if you do travel then guidance can change at any time. Roll the dice and if people have gambled and had a lovely holiday... Good for them... but it's on you and nobody else.. (not you bit you...)

This..

Some people won't take any notice even if they are aware, but it's been a hard few months thus far for some so can see why they are taking heed but going anyway..

"

I think the worst notification was for Spain, where restrictions were posted on the previous night, so giving just a few hours notice.

For health safety, if numbers get to approach dangerous levels, it would be reasonable for our government to issue pre-quarantine warnings. More people would start to make their own way back, in advance of a last-minute scram attempt.

We won't stop sudden surprise bad news being issued by a country, that we have to suddenly change our status of them but most will be progressively getting worse.

I need warming up. This virus could make me cold.

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

"

If people want to go on holiday fair enough but they should accept that at the moment there's always going to be a higher than normal risk of quarantine rules changing very quickly or tour operators going bust.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Cautionary advice can be issued and it's right that we expect a transparent government. "

Didnt you complain that the government were too slow with lockdown and that flights should have been stopped etc etc.

This is hard to grasp, if you go abroad you may get caught by quarantine, if you choose to go that is your risk.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Im not even going on a train.

Holidays are not essential.

My car will do.

Just not worth all the faff.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

" Go on hols abroad and you risk a 14 day restriction on your return. How clear does the warning need to be? "

This

» Add a new message to this topic