FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Unfortunately it's true....

Unfortunately it's true....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *az080378 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

Reading this today and it pretty much reaffirmed what I read on the virus forum daily.

We are making it so hard for ourselves by not just following an obvious course of action to reduce infection.

If every person,shop,pub etc just followed basic hygiene guidelines and worked together surely life could return to a far safer place faster?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/basics-covid-hygiene-seem-have-passed-many-britons/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Reading this today and it pretty much reaffirmed what I read on the virus forum daily.

We are making it so hard for ourselves by not just following an obvious course of action to reduce infection.

If every person,shop,pub etc just followed basic hygiene guidelines and worked together surely life could return to a far safer place faster?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/basics-covid-hygiene-seem-have-passed-many-britons/"

Yeah but... The thick fuckers know better

Exactly we've barely been anywhere there are large crowds at all. That's the advantage of living in a rural area.

All the while we mix all we're doing is putting ourselves and everyone else at risk.

There are those who think this will be gone by 2021 well having seen how everything is playing out not just here but abroad my own opinion is this virus will be here into next year for this very reason.

Cromer

"Exactly we've barely been anywhere there are large crowds at all. That's the advantage of living in a rural area.

All the while we mix all we're doing is putting ourselves and everyone else at risk.

There are those who think this will be gone by 2021 well having seen how everything is playing out not just here but abroad my own opinion is this virus will be here into next year for this very reason.

"

There is so much denial amongst people now, and that leads to people not bothering.

Go back a month or so and people were calmly queued to get into my local supermarket, sanitising their hands,wiping down their trolley handles and social distancing,now there is no queue, only a percentage of people use the hand sanitiser and if you stop at the entrance to wipe your trolley down , people just barge past.

Some people assume that because they are masked they can lean over you to get something off the shelf and social distancing in shops has become irrelevant.

I felt sorry for a guy working in the kiosk at the shop the other day, a group of lads (no masks) were buying scratch cards and standing at the kiosk scratching them off,one of them was coughing frequently and not even covering his face, the poor guy in the kiosk looked worried and ended up putting his own mask on.

It made me sad that some people just think because they reckon they are invincible, nobody else's safety matters

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

We need a huge publicity campaign with the simple messages "Cover up your orifices you filthy fuckers!"

"Wash your hands you dirty bastards".

"We need a huge publicity campaign with the simple messages "Cover up your orifices you filthy fuckers!"

"Wash your hands you dirty bastards"."

Here's a slogan

Your safety is on other peoples hands.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Exactly we've barely been anywhere there are large crowds at all. That's the advantage of living in a rural area.

"

The WHO have now said they think it'll be under control within 2 years.....2 YEARS...if everyone did their bit I'm sure we would be looking at a shorter timescale but sadly not everyone cares about their fellow human beings and as for conspiracy theorists they should be gagged and not allowed access to social media as they are dangerous people.

Cromer

"We need a huge publicity campaign with the simple messages "Cover up your orifices you filthy fuckers!"

"Wash your hands you dirty bastards"."

Any publicity campaign would be good!!!

A clear, concise in your face campaign highlighting the (simple) steps you need to take!

Cromer

The WHO have now said they think it'll be under control within 2 years.....2 YEARS...if everyone did their bit I'm sure we would be looking at a shorter timescale but sadly not everyone cares about their fellow human beings and as for conspiracy theorists they should be gagged and not allowed access to social media as they are dangerous people."

I totally agree, what they spout is bloody deadly!

The WHO have now said they think it'll be under control within 2 years.....2 YEARS...if everyone did their bit I'm sure we would be looking at a shorter timescale but sadly not everyone cares about their fellow human beings and as for conspiracy theorists they should be gagged and not allowed access to social media as they are dangerous people."

Astrazeneca are already doing stage 3 human trails on Chaddox in Brazil in South Africa with good results. They have already started production so there will be ample doses by late this year or early next year.

I think same next year we'll be saying "remember Covid-19?".

That's my hope anyway.

It's also worth nothing that Wuhan is having mass gatherings with no masks, no social distancing etc. It shows that it CAN be done if the correct measures are taken.

The WHO have now said they think it'll be under control within 2 years.....2 YEARS...if everyone did their bit I'm sure we would be looking at a shorter timescale but sadly not everyone cares about their fellow human beings and as for conspiracy theorists they should be gagged and not allowed access to social media as they are dangerous people.

"

Complacency is our enemy.

There is no 'return to normal'. I'm sure we all wish we could wave a magic want and be back to the way things were last year, but that isn't a choice for us right now.

There is either keep our guard up or return to dying.

Astrazeneca are already doing stage 3 human trails on Chaddox in Brazil in South Africa with good results. They have already started production so there will be ample doses by late this year or early next year.

That's my hope anyway.

It's also worth nothing that Wuhan is having mass gatherings with no masks, no social distancing etc. It shows that it CAN be done if the correct measures are taken."

When you start believing anything coming out of China it's time to give yourself a wakey wakey shake. Lol

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

I read all sorts of rubbish about the virus but the council leaders where the local spikes occur know exactly what’s going on , no one is allowed to say it as it’s not politically correct so instead they say we seem to have problems with large extended families in single households ....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Unfortunately it's difficult to rwbuild confidence, once it has been lost. The opinion polls show it was lost at the Cummings fiasco and I'm hesitant to think that it can be regained. It's tragic but id the public have low trust and confidence in the government it will be a really tough period ahead of us.

The infection r rate may be perilously close to 1.0 again, where numbers of those infected can rise exponentially. The government mixing Public Health England up, when there probably should be some stability, isn't a confidence booster.

A good move would be to take a cross-party team to probably take a more reasoned and intelligent approach to getting a sharp cut in numbers, before winter makes that very much harder.

We need to have people more certain about income for the next few months. People who have to quarantine need not to lose out financially, so they aren't forced into public, to pay bills and we have to build trust in what the country is doing again.

That's my hope anyway.

It's also worth nothing that Wuhan is having mass gatherings with no masks, no social distancing etc. It shows that it CAN be done if the correct measures are taken.

When you start believing anything coming out of China it's time to give yourself a wakey wakey shake. Lol "

I think we need to stop disregarding news just because it's Chinese and start taking our own news with a pinch of salt.

The Chinese are pretty authoritarian and if they thought there was a risk they wouldn't be allowing these gatherings.

Just for the record do you know for a fact that these images are photoshopped. Can you PROVE this information is untrue or are you just calling bullshit without knowing the facts?

I first saw these images on a TYT news feed where they say that they are sceptical of anything coming out of China but see this as clear evidence.

By *ammyDodgaMan  over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

That's my hope anyway.

It's also worth nothing that Wuhan is having mass gatherings with no masks, no social distancing etc. It shows that it CAN be done if the correct measures are taken."

Really? After all the publicity they’ve had over last 10 years for deaths in their drug trials our future is being placed in their hands. To carry out fast testing

Sorry but I’ll continue to socially isolate if that’s the case

That's my hope anyway.

Really? After all the publicity they’ve had over last 10 years for deaths in their drug trials our future is being placed in their hands. To carry out fast testing

Sorry but I’ll continue to socially isolate if that’s the case"

Believe what you choose to believe I guess.

That's my hope anyway.

Sorry but I’ll continue to socially isolate if that’s the case"

Why is this so redicilous? The same logic could be supplied to say no one would ever smoke a cigarette now that we know about their link with cancer.

Forum rules forbid me from an even better example of how so many of us deliberately put unknown, unregulated chemicals in our bodies without the faintest idea of their origins other than the fact that they are supplied by criminals.

By *ammyDodgaMan  over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

Totally I’m an advocate of free thinking, if one person says it. Pinch of salt. Two people maybe there’s something. A shit ton of legal cases, Federal law suits in the states and a whole wiki page dedicated to the fact of there suppression of details in the death of patients.. Theres something in it.

And why is a British company that until a few years ago did it’s testing in Nottingham. Now doing it in Brazil...... A country where if you are homeless death squads shoot go round “removing” you

Makes you wonder how much that night off the street is worth in terms of a human life... But I guess we all want that “Miracle cure”

"Totally I’m an advocate of free thinking, if one person says it. Pinch of salt. Two people maybe there’s something. A shit ton of legal cases, Federal law suits in the states and a whole wiki page dedicated to the fact of there suppression of details in the death of patients.. Theres something in it.

And why is a British company that until a few years ago did it’s testing in Nottingham. Now doing it in Brazil...... A country where if you are homeless death squads shoot go round “removing” you

Makes you wonder how much that night off the street is worth in terms of a human life... But I guess we all want that “Miracle cure” "

To answer your question, human trials were also done in my area in Harwell. I tried yo volunteer but the response was overwhelming. The trial is being done in conjunction with Oxford University who obviously don't have the mental capacity as fab forumites.

The reason why these trials are being done in Brazil and South Africa is because there are not enough active cases in the UK for immunisation tests to be effective.

Have you seen the footage of the mass graves in Brazil? That is their reality. People need something more than lawsuits and wiki pages before they turn their backs on a preferable outcome.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Its hard enough to get people at work to wash their hands after going to the toilet, let alone getting them to follow basic hygiene guidance for this virus!

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

"I read all sorts of rubbish about the virus but the council leaders where the local spikes occur know exactly what’s going on , no one is allowed to say it as it’s not politically correct so instead they say we seem to have problems with large extended families in single households .... "

Well said, I agree, why can’t we say it’s the Asian community which is not helping themselves, surely if it was said and brought into the open then more of their lives could be saved. Mosques could try harder and educate and lead the way. Oh, and before anyone complains that this is a racist thing don’t be so bloody stupid, I am not in the least bit racist, I say ALL LIVES MATTER. I don’t want anyone to die from Covid if it can be avoided.

"I read all sorts of rubbish about the virus but the council leaders where the local spikes occur know exactly what’s going on , no one is allowed to say it as it’s not politically correct so instead they say we seem to have problems with large extended families in single households .... "

Probably because they know what all the racists will say when they're rammed into a pub together getting pissed and slobbering all over each other.

It's all the fault of the families who look after their elderly and don't stick them in a care home where they can rot and catch covid.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Northampton is on the verge of lockdown but still people don't seem to be that bothered

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Sadly it feeds in to whole we are a special nation & different from other nations/countries and then of course that leads to we are better and know more ?? and so deserve more than others ..selfish gene and been really well played by the mass media and those they back but so pretty hard if not nigh on impossible to step back from the message they've been pumping out ?? but still down to the individual ?? but mrs4 works in a restaurant behind the bar and despite being told not to approach the bar ...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Apparently in parts of America they're using "I protect you, you protect me"

I think of that and wear my mask as a sign of good manners and respect for those around me.

I don't know you, but I don't want you to get sick.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I do worry what was peoples hygiene like pre covid, as in the face of a global pandemic and simple routines, hand washing and a face covering some people are finding it difficult to follow or just don't care.

Manchester (she/her)

"I do worry what was peoples hygiene like pre covid, as in the face of a global pandemic and simple routines, hand washing and a face covering some people are finding it difficult to follow or just don't care. "

God, yes.

I think mine was fine with a small side of "germs are good for your immune system". I've struggled with dermatitis trying to be as scrupulously clean as possible, now. But... society in disarray due to infectious disease and people can't even sanitise their hands when they go to a supermarket?

By *neamigoMan  over a year ago

should read 58… mistake with my age , cannot change it

Sadly some people just don’t care and flaunt the rules ... parties and large gatherings ... so selfish and mindless folk

By *hocolate37Man  over a year ago

Heathrow

"I read all sorts of rubbish about the virus but the council leaders where the local spikes occur know exactly what’s going on , no one is allowed to say it as it’s not politically correct so instead they say we seem to have problems with large extended families in single households ....

Well said, I agree, why can’t we say it’s the Asian community which is not helping themselves, surely if it was said and brought into the open then more of their lives could be saved. Mosques could try harder and educate and lead the way. Oh, and before anyone complains that this is a racist thing don’t be so bloody stupid, I am not in the least bit racist, I say ALL LIVES MATTER. I don’t want anyone to die from Covid if it can be avoided. "

...so, if "all lives matter" (lol), why are you singling out the Asian community?

...was it only the Asian community rushing to Bournemouth, Brighton and other beaches? Was it only the Asian community at protests? Is it only the Asian community thinking they're above wearing masks, etc.?

The "not helping themselves" you mention is across the nation and across all demographics, but hey...

Manchester (she/her)

"I read all sorts of rubbish about the virus but the council leaders where the local spikes occur know exactly what’s going on , no one is allowed to say it as it’s not politically correct so instead they say we seem to have problems with large extended families in single households ....

Well said, I agree, why can’t we say it’s the Asian community which is not helping themselves, surely if it was said and brought into the open then more of their lives could be saved. Mosques could try harder and educate and lead the way. Oh, and before anyone complains that this is a racist thing don’t be so bloody stupid, I am not in the least bit racist, I say ALL LIVES MATTER. I don’t want anyone to die from Covid if it can be avoided.

...so, if "all lives matter" (lol), why are you singling out the Asian community?

...was it only the Asian community rushing to Bournemouth, Brighton and other beaches? Was it only the Asian community at protests? Is it only the Asian community thinking they're above wearing masks, etc.?

The "not helping themselves" you mention is across the nation and across all demographics, but hey... "

Why is housing (hard and expensive to change) bad but totally optional parties and pub going good?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

The "not helping themselves" you mention is across the nation and across all demographics, but hey... "

There was no spike in numbers after the beaches episode, people living in multi generational households was one of the reasons Italy had a large number of deaths, it is a well know fact that BAME groups are more susceptible, but hey let's call FACTS racist

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

If you are Non White, over the age of 59, overweight or have underlying health conditions then statistically you are at the most vulnerable, so ffs stay in lockdown, make safe. I am not a racist to say this. I want everyone to stay well. Do we call Covid a racist disease because it prefers to kill non white?

Not all demographics are the same, some are way more susceptible. Read the fkn facts.

I saw an old lady in a que yesterday at a supermarket. No mask on. I never said a word but she saw me looking. She informed me she had chest problems so didnt need a mask. Now as i say i never untill then said a word but my reply to her was thats ok. Dont worry im sure your chest problem will protect you. Point i made to her was she was wont want to catch if so why not the mask. To much of this i have asmar so im excempt from a mask im afraid.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

It's British arragance , says a lot about us all in this country

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I'm fed up with people saying it's all a conspiracy to keep us under control or it's not serious etc! I've had a minor case of it and it is horrendous I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I have a couple of conditions that mean I am exempt from wearing a mask but I still wear it to protect others because I don't want to be in lockdown forever

"Apparently in parts of America they're using "I protect you, you protect me"

I think of that and wear my mask as a sign of good manners and respect for those around me.

I don't know you, but I don't want you to get sick."

We should use that phrase too.

New York Tough.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Complacency is our enemy.

There is no 'return to normal'. I'm sure we all wish we could wave a magic want and be back to the way things were last year, but that isn't a choice for us right now.

There is either keep our guard up or return to dying. "

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

I have made a little handout which I give out on the tube to those that are not wearing masks...

» Add a new message to this topic