Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

Can your GP give you an antibody test ?

There has been no news on this ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Can your GP give you an antibody test ?

There has been no news on this ..."

Why would you want one? You can get a swab test without seeing a gp.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I don't think they will. You can get them done at a private clinic, which I'm thinking about, at the moment.

chelmsford

Why would you want one? You can get a swab test without seeing a gp."

An antibody test is a blood test.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I don't think they will. You can get them done at a private clinic, which I'm thinking about, at the moment."

Honest question why do you want one? Its not as if having antibodies guarantees you not catching it again.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if I understand it correctly your antibodies are only present in your blood for a matter of weeks or months anyway, it's T cells that remain there to help fight off you fight off future re-infections.

So even if you tested negative for antibodies, it wouldn't actually prove whether you had already been exposed or not, or whether you are capable of defending yourself or not.

chelmsford

I don't think they will. You can get them done at a private clinic, which I'm thinking about, at the moment.

Honest question why do you want one? Its not as if having antibodies guarantees you not catching it again."

I am just interested to know if I've had it. Had some heavy cold symptoms and now very fatigued. Had all bloods done couple of weeks ago and everything else was fine, so curious.....Yes I realise there are no guarantees

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

Why would anyone want one ? really ?

because alot of people want to know if they, family members & the community have got it / had it.

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

Honest question why do you want one? Its not as if having antibodies guarantees you not catching it again.

I am just interested to know if I've had it. Had some heavy cold symptoms and now very fatigued. Had all bloods done couple of weeks ago and everything else was fine, so curious.....Yes I realise there are no guarantees "

We are offering an antibody test to all patients who are having routine blood tests.

chelmsford

I am just interested to know if I've had it. Had some heavy cold symptoms and now very fatigued. Had all bloods done couple of weeks ago and everything else was fine, so curious.....Yes I realise there are no guarantees

We are offering an antibody test to all patients who are having routine blood tests."

Whose we?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got mine done at the GPs around 2-3 weeks back as I had pneumonia in February, and was going in for routine bloods.

Test came back negative but it was 6 months after the pneumonia episode and some evidence shows after 3 months the antibodies no longer show on a test.

So sadly the jury is still out

chelmsford

"Got mine done at the GPs around 2-3 weeks back as I had pneumonia in February, and was going in for routine bloods.

Test came back negative but it was 6 months after the pneumonia episode and some evidence shows after 3 months the antibodies no longer show on a test.

So sadly the jury is still out "

Yes it is. Had routine bloods about month ago but they didn't do antibody test. My surgery aren't doing flu jabs yet, but hubbys is...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Got mine done at the GPs around 2-3 weeks back as I had pneumonia in February, and was going in for routine bloods.

Yes it is. Had routine bloods about month ago but they didn't do antibody test. My surgery aren't doing flu jabs yet, but hubbys is..."

I asked if they could do one.

So it might be a case of shy kids get no sweets

chelmsford

Yes it is. Had routine bloods about month ago but they didn't do antibody test. My surgery aren't doing flu jabs yet, but hubbys is...

I asked if they could do one.

So it might be a case of shy kids get no sweets"

Hmmm...could be

Deal

We are offering an antibody test to all patients who are having routine blood tests.

Whose we?"

GP practice

chelmsford

Whose we?

GP practice"

Thank you. As explained above, maybe I should have asked for it with my other bloods as they aren't doing it as a matter of course.

Deal

Whose we?

GP practice

Thank you. As explained above, maybe I should have asked for it with my other bloods as they aren't doing it as a matter of course.

No worries, probably varies by area, I am in Kent. Think it is basically for research purposes as anyone who is positive for the igg antibodies is asked to re test in 3 months. We can also have our staff tested routinely via a web portal. We have had very few positives, about 4% of all those we have tested, but we are a very rural area.

"

chelmsford

Whose we?

GP practice

No worries, probably varies by area, I am in Kent. Think it is basically for research purposes as anyone who is positive for the igg antibodies is asked to re test in 3 months. We can also have our staff tested routinely via a web portal. We have had very few positives, about 4% of all those we have tested, but we are a very rural area.

"

I think it does vary. Mine and my husband's surgery are 3 miles apart, but work entirely differently. The research is a good thing

Deal

Whose we?

GP practice

I think it does vary. Mine and my husband's surgery are 3 miles apart, but work entirely differently. The research is a good thing "

Agreed, any knowledge around the bugger is an advantage. We are all individual businesses, contracted to provide services to the NHS, so we do all work very differently.

chelmsford

Whose we?

GP practice

I think it does vary. Mine and my husband's surgery are 3 miles apart, but work entirely differently. The research is a good thing

Agreed, any knowledge around the bugger is an advantage. We are all individual businesses, contracted to provide services to the NHS, so we do all work very differently. "

Thank you, I'm beginning to realise that

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

They can add it as a blood test yes

Some areas are better than others though.

» Add a new message to this topic