FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Went to Manchester Trafford Center on Saturday

Went to Manchester Trafford Center on Saturday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

. . . and it was absolutely 'rammed'.

There is a one-way system in place in the shopping halls but it doesn't work very well at all. People are just going any which way they want to.

Mask wearing is high but people just seem to remove them whenever they want to. Quite a bit of under-nose and chin-wearing really.

The large food hall in the center is literally every person for themselves. Queueing is as it was before the pandemic. Very few gaps between people. Multiple people at the serving counters at the same time. Floor markers are few. People rushing to grab tables/seating in the center area before it's being cleaned (not that we saw staff cleaning!). Retaurent tables are

Helps us to understand how Manchester and surrounding areas are in a peak of cases at the moment.

Without the masks and a few signs as you enter you really wouldn't know what has changed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Quick, e. mail Jones n Jarvis, I'm sure they will be able to use your story to good fearmongering effect on national TV,

Gotta keep the COVID FEAR going for as long as possible ££££££££

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Them mancs is all crazy! Crazy i tells ya! Going about their new normal all willy nilly...flippin' heck does the zero point three of one percent chance that they'll die not frighten some sense into them?

Oh! Didn't realise it was all over - must have missed the news - my bad.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Oh! Didn't realise it was all over - must have missed the news - my bad.

"

You would think so, having said that, some people didn't social distance from the start

"Quick, e. mail Jones n Jarvis, I'm sure they will be able to use your story to good fearmongering effect on national TV,

Gotta keep the COVID FEAR going for as long as possible ££££££££ "

All a hoax is it??

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

"Them mancs is all crazy! Crazy i tells ya! Going about their new normal all willy nilly...flippin' heck does the zero point three of one percent chance that they'll die not frighten some sense into them?

"

I don't know why people ridicule those that are scared!!!

I think it's so disrespectful!

"Quick, e. mail Jones n Jarvis, I'm sure they will be able to use your story to good fearmongering effect on national TV,

All a hoax is it??"

Somebody best tell the 40 thousand dead and the 320 thousand still infected.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS not just people from Manchester use the Trafford Centre for shopping so I don't think that is fair to say this is why Manchester has a Covid problem

Well i know one thing the government doesn't give a flying fuck about saving anyone's lives...That's a fact....

All a hoax is it??

"

Yep. Friend of ours is an ICU nurse, they just lost one of their colleagues. Only in her 50's

All a hoax is it??

Yep. Friend of ours is an ICU nurse, they just lost one of their colleagues. Only in her 50's"

Very sad. For some people it's still very very real. And that's about as real as it can get.

All a hoax is it??

Yep. Friend of ours is an ICU nurse, they just lost one of their colleagues. Only in her 50's

Very sad. For some people it's still very very real. And that's about as real as it can get. "

It's awful. We have been very very lucky, don't personally know anybody who has died and I have parents who have been shielding, mum with cancer. I hope it stays that way!!!!

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

". . . and it was absolutely 'rammed'.

There is a one-way system in place in the shopping halls but it doesn't work very well at all. People are just going any which way they want to.

Mask wearing is high but people just seem to remove them whenever they want to. Quite a bit of under-nose and chin-wearing really.

The large food hall in the center is literally every person for themselves. Queueing is as it was before the pandemic. Very few gaps between people. Multiple people at the serving counters at the same time. Floor markers are few. People rushing to grab tables/seating in the center area before it's being cleaned (not that we saw staff cleaning!). Retaurent tables are

Helps us to understand how Manchester and surrounding areas are in a peak of cases at the moment.

Without the masks and a few signs as you enter you really wouldn't know what has changed.

"

Uummm me thinks best you stay in if you’re that worried.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Uummm me thinks best you stay in if you’re that worried. "

Exactly why the hell would you go out ???

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure the Trafford Centre, whose owners collapsed financially at the start of lockdown, are giggling over the £££££££ from the fear of Covid. Tee hee so funny.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Am I the only one to notice a bit of bullying creeping into some comments?. It's not necessary, it's not nice and just feeds the beast.

"Am I the only one to notice a bit of bullying creeping into some comments?. It's not necessary, it's not nice and just feeds the beast."

Seems to come from the Covid conspiracy 5G mast anti vaxer leaches will cure everything dunk the witch brigade...

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Am I the only one to notice a bit of bullying creeping into some comments?. It's not necessary, it's not nice and just feeds the beast.

Seems to come from the Covid conspiracy 5G mast anti vaxer leaches will cure everything dunk the witch brigade..."

Yes it does.

It does give a good indication of who NOT to meet once this is all over though.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Uummm me thinks best you stay in if you’re that worried. "

This is a good example of missing the point.

Not everyone can stay in all the time. If I go out to a supermarket once every other week, my risk is pretty low. If someone goes out to the pub every night their risk is higher. The problem is that person going out to the pub every night also needs to go to the supermarket now a then as well.

Hence the "I'm alright Jack!" attitude some people have is pretty selfish.

-Matt

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

[Removed by poster at 24/08/20 18:51:30]

"

Your posting a complaint about somewhere being " absolutely rammed" , my bad for pointing out, you were also there. ?

Were you out for essential items, things that just could not wait a few more weeks. I'm sure you were not out for your weekly shopping. You detail things that's all wrong like staff not cleaning tables and people grabbing tables etc, perhaps instead of watching all that was wrong you could have done what you were there to do and headed home as quickly as possible instead of people watching all the wrong doers.

The old saying springs to mind, if your not part of the solution your part of the problem . Feel in this case it hits the nail on the head.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Well i know one thing the government doesn't give a flying fuck about saving anyone's lives...That's a fact...."

Well done you for trying.

Perhaps the second thing will be a bit more accurate.

[Removed by poster at 24/08/20 19:01:25]

Your posting a complaint about somewhere being " absolutely rammed" , my bad for pointing out, you were also there. ?

Were you out for essential items, things that just could not wait a few more weeks. I'm sure you were not out for your weekly shopping. You detail things that's all wrong like staff not cleaning tables and people grabbing tables etc, perhaps instead of watching all that was wrong you could have done what you were there to do and headed home as quickly as possible instead of people watching all the wrong doers.

The old saying springs to mind, if your not part of the solution your part of the problem . Feel in this case it hits the nail on the head. "

Well. We wouldn't have known 'before' we got there now would we?

Tin town

The old saying springs to mind, if your not part of the solution your part of the problem . Feel in this case it hits the nail on the head. "

Hmm isn't that a little bit like saying everyone is speeding on the M1...

Therefore I better not use the M1. Rather than addressing the issue which is everyone speeding.

Or as has popped up on another thread... I noticed someone flashing on the train so rather than tell him to make himself decent, I better get off the train.

And actually. Been all over the country this last two weeks. Shopping. Hotels. Nightlife. Theme Parks. Etc etc

But Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre in our experience have been the absolute worst in terms of Social Distancing. Period.

"And actually. Been all over the country this last two weeks. Shopping. Hotels. Nightlife. Theme Parks. Etc etc

But Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre in our experience have been the absolute worst in terms of Social Distancing. Period.

"

Blackpool was bad too when we were there.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Am I the only one to notice a bit of bullying creeping into some comments?. It's not necessary, it's not nice and just feeds the beast.

Seems to come from the Covid conspiracy 5G mast anti vaxer leaches will cure everything dunk the witch brigade...

Yes it does.

It does give a good indication of who NOT to meet once this is all over though."

I have an ever growing block list

I don't think the OP was bemoaning the number of people, just concerned that people were not following the advice. We all have to carry on but with a bit of common sense!

"I don't think the OP was bemoaning the number of people, just concerned that people were not following the advice. We all have to carry on but with a bit of common sense!"

Yup.

I have been promoting getting out and about for quite a while too.

"And actually. Been all over the country this last two weeks. Shopping. Hotels. Nightlife. Theme Parks. Etc etc

Blackpool was bad too when we were there."

No change since COVID then

Uummm me thinks best you stay in if you’re that worried.

This is a good example of missing the point.

Not everyone can stay in all the time. If I go out to a supermarket once every other week, my risk is pretty low. If someone goes out to the pub every night their risk is higher. The problem is that person going out to the pub every night also needs to go to the supermarket now a then as well.

Hence the "I'm alright Jack!" attitude some people have is pretty selfish.

-Matt"

Spot on

I thought the Trafford Centre had gone bust ?

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

What I don’t understand is people can pop into Wales from England to shop and don’t have to wear a mask, where is the reasoning with that are the shops in Wales covid free

"I thought the Trafford Centre had gone bust ?"

Intu are in deep doo doo but are still operating under a rescue package.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Sorry to hear about icu nurse.

50s not old. Did she have underlying issues still very very sad

Blackpool was bad too when we were there.

No change since COVID then "

Haha we hate going .

We had to take grandkids to the pleasure beach for a birthday treat.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

50s not old. Did she have underlying issues still very very sad"

From what I know, major ones, no.

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

From what I know, major ones, no."

So did she die “from” Covid or “with” Covid? Of course I am sorry for her families loss. But one ICU nurse does not a pandemic make.

"

Btw- got to love the one way systems... Covid only strikes if you travel any which way! Keep in your lane, people!!! Meandering, ducking and diving and weaving will only spread the virus. Fact!!! One way systems only!!!

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

So did she die “from” Covid or “with” Covid? Of course I am sorry for her families loss. But one ICU nurse does not a pandemic make."

I'll pass on your heartfelt message. No, but the 40,000 plus does....or is it a hoax??

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

So did she die “from” Covid or “with” Covid? Of course I am sorry for her families loss. But one ICU nurse does not a pandemic make.

I'll pass on your heartfelt message. No, but the 40,000 plus does....or is it a hoax??"

I’ve posted quite frequently on this subject. Please feel free to green arrow me- you will find I have never gone in for the hoax or conspiracy theories. Thanks for judging without the full info though.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I'll pass on your heartfelt message. No, but the 40,000 plus does....or is it a hoax??

I’ve posted quite frequently on this subject. Please feel free to green arrow me- you will find I have never gone in for the hoax or conspiracy theories. Thanks for judging without the full info though. "

Sorry, I don't normally 'green arrow' people for fun. I tend to have better things to do. Only judging you by your pretty callous remark....

Beautifully illustrating the 'well I'm ok, so it must be bullshit' approach

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I’ve posted quite frequently on this subject. Please feel free to green arrow me- you will find I have never gone in for the hoax or conspiracy theories. Thanks for judging without the full info though.

Sorry, I don't normally 'green arrow' people for fun. I tend to have better things to do. Only judging you by your pretty callous remark...."

My remark saying I’m sorry for her families loss?

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Sorry, I don't normally 'green arrow' people for fun. I tend to have better things to do. Only judging you by your pretty callous remark....

My remark saying I’m sorry for her families loss? "

Very good of you. But the other 40,000 doesn't make a pandemic seemingly??

Tin town

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

My remark saying I’m sorry for her families loss? "

Probably best to stop digging

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

"

I’m going to go with no. As I said earlier, I don’t believe in lizard people, bill gates, new world order and all of that sort of stuff. What I do think is that we have an awful new disease that no one knew anything about.

I know this sounds brutal and I am very sorry for those who have lost their loved ones to this disease. But people die every single day. That’s a fact of life.

[Removed by poster at 24/08/20 21:57:48]

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Probably best to stop digging"

I’m not digging. I’m stating my case and arguing the facts as I see them.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I’m going to go with no. As I said earlier, I don’t believe in lizard people, bill gates, new world order and all of that sort of stuff. What I do think is that we have an awful new disease that no one knew anything about.

I know this sounds brutal and I am very sorry for those who have lost their loved ones to this disease. But people die every single day. That’s a fact of life. "

I'm struggling to see why you posted on this thread

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Probably best to stop digging

I’m not digging. I’m stating my case and arguing the facts as I see them."

What facts are you arguing?

That this is a pandemic?

That there have been well in excess of 40,000 deaths thus far?

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I know this sounds brutal and I am very sorry for those who have lost their loved ones to this disease. But people die every single day. That’s a fact of life.

I'm struggling to see why you posted on this thread"

I’m struggling to see why you suggested I was in on a hoax theory, and why your matey felt the need to weigh into the argument on your behalf. I asked a simple question and made a remark after it.

I find it interesting that all of the responses I’ve had have attacked the question rather than give a factual response to it. I’m looking forward to an answer than can clarify the matter.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I'm struggling to see why you posted on this thread

I’m struggling to see why you suggested I was in on a hoax theory, and why your matey felt the need to weigh into the argument on your behalf. I asked a simple question and made a remark after it.

I find it interesting that all of the responses I’ve had have attacked the question rather than give a factual response to it. I’m looking forward to an answer than can clarify the matter."

That can clarify, that should say!

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I know this sounds brutal and I am very sorry for those who have lost their loved ones to this disease. But people die every single day. That’s a fact of life. "

How many years do we get tens of thousands of deaths above average?

Hint: the word "average" might assist you.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Hint: the word "average" might assist you."

How many years do we get excess suicides? How many years do we have cancer patients left without treatment? How many years do the GPs put barricades around their surgeries so you can’t even talk to them about what might be ailing you?

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

How many years do we get excess suicides? How many years do we have cancer patients left without treatment? How many years do the GPs put barricades around their surgeries so you can’t even talk to them about what might be ailing you? "

Hmm. I wonder why that might be happening. Gee.

I think you seem to be saying 'people die, get over it'. Well thanks for that, most helpful.

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

How many years do we get excess suicides? How many years do we have cancer patients left without treatment? How many years do the GPs put barricades around their surgeries so you can’t even talk to them about what might be ailing you?

Hmm. I wonder why that might be happening. Gee."

Well I can talk to a shop assistant in Tesco about what cabbage I would like to buy, so I’m not really sure why a gp can’t talk to me about a serious health problem!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Well I can talk to a shop assistant in Tesco about what cabbage I would like to buy, so I’m not really sure why a gp can’t talk to me about a serious health problem!!! "

You should take that up with your GP. I've had many phone consultations.

"I think you seem to be saying 'people die, get over it'. Well thanks for that, most helpful."

But people do die... of course we don’t want our loved ones to die!! But people do die. Even us! One day we will be nothing but dust.!

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

Well I can talk to a shop assistant in Tesco about what cabbage I would like to buy, so I’m not really sure why a gp can’t talk to me about a serious health problem!!!

You should take that up with your GP. I've had many phone consultations."

Thank you for the advice- if I could get past the fire breathing receptionists I bloody well would

Manchester (she/her)

"I think you seem to be saying 'people die, get over it'. Well thanks for that, most helpful.

But people do die... of course we don’t want our loved ones to die!! But people do die. Even us! One day we will be nothing but dust.!"

So tens of thousands of deaths above average is just fine?

Or more without mitigation?

One death, 65 million deaths, all the same.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

So did she die “from” Covid or “with” Covid? Of course I am sorry for her families loss. But one ICU nurse does not a pandemic make."

You want more deaths ?

Yep let's all go back to normal. There's no way we'll get back to 1000 deaths a day .... Will we ?

"I think you seem to be saying 'people die, get over it'. Well thanks for that, most helpful.

But people do die... of course we don’t want our loved ones to die!! But people do die. Even us! One day we will be nothing but dust.!

One death, 65 million deaths, all the same. "

It’s not fine, no. And as I said earlier, I feel desperately sorry for those who lost loved ones to the virus. Nobody wants to lose someone they love. I’m sure all of us on these forums has lost someone- we aren’t heartless basterds- grief is a terrible thing. But it doesn’t change the fact that people die. And I think it’s really tragic that some of those people have had their deaths turned into a political issue. By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus.

Manchester (she/her)

It’s not fine, no. And as I said earlier, I feel desperately sorry for those who lost loved ones to the virus. Nobody wants to lose someone they love. I’m sure all of us on these forums has lost someone- we aren’t heartless basterds- grief is a terrible thing. But it doesn’t change the fact that people die. And I think it’s really tragic that some of those people have had their deaths turned into a political issue. By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus."

I'm not sure I've ever raised the question once.

We have a massive health crisis which has had a wave and may yet have another.

The numbers will likely not be fully known until the dust has settled.

With/of seems to be a virus denialist talking point.

It’s not fine, no. And as I said earlier, I feel desperately sorry for those who lost loved ones to the virus. Nobody wants to lose someone they love. I’m sure all of us on these forums has lost someone- we aren’t heartless basterds- grief is a terrible thing. But it doesn’t change the fact that people die. And I think it’s really tragic that some of those people have had their deaths turned into a political issue. By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus."

I have absolutely no idea why you posted here. The point is, people died that didn't have to. You have no problem with it, probably because it want your life cut short... needlessly. Either way, you ain't coming across well.

It’s not fine, no. And as I said earlier, I feel desperately sorry for those who lost loved ones to the virus. Nobody wants to lose someone they love. I’m sure all of us on these forums has lost someone- we aren’t heartless basterds- grief is a terrible thing. But it doesn’t change the fact that people die. And I think it’s really tragic that some of those people have had their deaths turned into a political issue. By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus.

I have absolutely no idea why you posted here. The point is, people died that didn't have to. You have no problem with it, probably because it want your life cut short... needlessly. Either way, you ain't coming across well."

Well it was mostly to do with your unsubstantiated claim that an ICU nurse had died of the Rona. I asked a simple question about it, and it kind of went on from there. Thats the way conversations usually go.

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

How many years do we get excess suicides? How many years do we have cancer patients left without treatment? How many years do the GPs put barricades around their surgeries so you can’t even talk to them about what might be ailing you? "

I am sick and tired of the GP bashing, we have never shut, busier than ever, had to adapt to a new way of working to keep everyone safe, telephone triage, video consults, e consults and yes, face to face, when you need to be seen. It is thoroughly demoralizing to read remarks such as yours when we have worked just as long and hard as we always have

Unsubstantiated, she was a real person. My best friends gf is an ICU nurse. I could of made it up, but why would I? Her GP also died....but of course, I'm making it up

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I am sick and tired of the GP bashing, we have never shut, busier than ever, had to adapt to a new way of working to keep everyone safe, telephone triage, video consults, e consults and yes, face to face, when you need to be seen. It is thoroughly demoralizing to read remarks such as yours when we have worked just as long and hard as we always have"

Our doctors have been superb. Brilliant with appointments!!!

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

"I'm alright jack

Very selfish country

I am sick and tired of the GP bashing, we have never shut, busier than ever, had to adapt to a new way of working to keep everyone safe, telephone triage, video consults, e consults and yes, face to face, when you need to be seen. It is thoroughly demoralizing to read remarks such as yours when we have worked just as long and hard as we always have

Our doctors have been superb. Brilliant with appointments!!!"

That's lovely to know, thank you

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think people are upset with the doctors that a lot of routine procedures stopped, such as B12 injections, steroid injections, smear tests etc.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

" By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus."

I don't get this line. People can live with underlying conditions for years, they are not normally terminal.

Getting Covid might mean complications because of an ailment someone had, but they probably wouldn't have the complications without the Covid. So Covid would be the thing that makes the difference between having a normal life for years living with an illness or killing you off earlier than you should have been

Manchester (she/her)

" By which i mean- the question of whether or not they died “with” or “of” the coronavirus.

I don't get this line. People can live with underlying conditions for years, they are not normally terminal.

Getting Covid might mean complications because of an ailment someone had, but they probably wouldn't have the complications without the Covid. So Covid would be the thing that makes the difference between having a normal life for years living with an illness or killing you off earlier than you should have been

"

I think it means "they had the sniffles but got hit by a bus" or something along those lines. Therefore the pandemic is exaggerated and we need our lives back.

I think it's nonsense.

"Them mancs is all crazy! Crazy i tells ya! Going about their new normal all willy nilly...flippin' heck does the zero point three of one percent chance that they'll die not frighten some sense into them?

I don't know why people ridicule those that are scared!!!

I think it's so disrespectful!"

» Add a new message to this topic